New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Running Death House...Again *Potential encounter SPOILERS*

Stop reading if you somehow haven't played or read this one.

So last week I ran the short 1-3 lead-in adventure for CoS, Death House. Now, my players decided to be clever and just grapple their way onto the roof and get in through the attic. I wasn't quick enough on my feet for a moment due to shock and so I let it happen. Lo and behold: they were all dead inside an hour after only seeing the inside of 4 rooms and being killed by 1 specter and 1 animated suit of armor on the 3rd floor. They met the ghost children but didn't even think to ask them about anything, instead deciding that the CHILDREN were the bad guys here. A wonderful time was had by all.

No, really. They had a blast. But now I'm running the adventure for them again, with a couple of additional players, and I was wondering if I should shake things up. Like, swap some of the rooms or monsters around. And are there any other useful tips the Playground has for running this particular adventure?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    Ninjadeadbeard just ninja'd my post. How apt.
    Ninjadeadbeard's Extended Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Running Death House...Again *Potential encounter SPOILERS*

Since they only hit 4 rooms I would not bother.
    I am the flush of excitement. The blush on the cheek. I am the Rouge!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Running Death House...Again *Potential encounter SPOILERS*

I would change the armor to something else--sword on the wall, lampstand, table, tapestry. You could make it a mimic or just animate it.
    Junior, half orc paladin of the Order of St Dale the Intimidator: "Ah cain't abide no murderin' scoundrel."

Tactical Precepts: 1) Cause chaos, then exploit it; 2) No plan survives contact with...(sigh)...my subordinates.