New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: I am bored and like building characters 3.5

I am back to taking requests! If you have a request that I missed please make another request below here, I know there are a few of you; and I know there were a few PMs that I accidentally deleted with requests (meant to delete sent mail, deleted my inbox). Thank you in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    I feel like telling the ghost of Gary Gygax to hold your beer is a good way to suddenly stop being the GM, but I have to admit that this would probably be remarkably effective. At what, I dunno, but effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombulian View Post
    I am continually astounded by how new you are here in contrast to how impressive your mind is.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Ooooh kay. Build I could never quite get to work was someone who could Awaken enemy minions mid combat.

Basically imagine if the Awaken line of spells (and Incarnate Construct too, cuz why not) could be used to make an anemy mook friendly and self aware right there during combat.

Closest I got was Arcane Archer or magic items that store spells like traps.

Any 3.x allowed including magazine content (several of the Awaken variants are 3.0 and Dragon content after all).
    No homebrew please.

3rd party isn't a dealbreaker just a can of worms best left avoided.

Additionally being able to Mineralize Warrior during combat would be amazing too.

EDIT: Oh yeah, getting past Golem magic immunity is a must. Somehow.
    Ethergaunt tech, or Gnome Artificer of Lantan tech could maybe do it.
    Pathfinder tech could definitely do it but this is. 3.x build.
    I'm still stymied on how the above could work as a build if you're interested. WBL-mancy as means to this end expected and approved.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Initiator 1/artificer x/??? x
    Abuse the heck out of the Scribe martial script feat and treat them as spell completion items.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: I am bored and like building characters 3.5

A Healer (base class) divine gish!

5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

How about an optimal Angel-Summoner, using only Core and the first string of Completes (Divine, Arcane, Warrior, Adventurer)? Preferably something that can both summon literal angels (as opposed to Celestial creatures) at as low a level as possible, as well as do it better than anyone else at higher levels. Bonus points if the race is somewhat monstrous or demonic/daemonic/devilish!

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Reposting my two ideas:

The first is a phantom thief on the level of Arsene Lupin (probably needs around 20 levels to be honest). The master-planner, the man who seems to be able to predict your moves before you do them, a good fencer, and above all, a gentleman who keeps his word when given. Rogue is a given, but take it how you see fit. Maybe there's some magic in there, maybe it's all skill, who knows? But whatever he does, he always seems to be on top of things with perfect plans.

I guess the second thing I'd like to see is a Kitsune, specifically a nine-tailed variety. You know, the mythological Yokai from Japanese mythos that is a shapeshifter, turns into a beautiful woman and seduces men, can be either a dedicated, loving wife or a seductress that will drain the life out of you like a Succubus. I was going to try to make one for a build, but I didn't have the time. The hardest part was trying to make the Kitsune creature in 3.5. I know Pathfinder has them as a race, but I wasn't taking an easy route due to the competition's ruling.
    Spoiler: Before June 2017
    Show
    I Am A: True Neutral Human Bard (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-11
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-12
    Charisma-11
    As of June 2017:
    I Am A: True Neutral Human Wizard (2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-18
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-12

What Kind of Dungeons and Dragons Character Would You Be?

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

So I have a game coming up in a few months and I have this soldier-gish I wanted to play. The basic idea is basically a LN human that is devoted to his country and determined to do what he has to do in order to preserve it.

Spoiler: Stats
    Show

Level 6

I would prefer Fighter/Wizard (specialization is ok but not required) but if you come up with something else that casts arcane spells that should be fine... I have all non setting books (afaik); but dragon magazine and setting books are unavailable.