1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Deleting Replies

Hello everyone! How can i delete my reply in my own thread

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: Deleting Replies

Go to edit your post, and then check the "Delete this post in the following manner" box. Then push the "Delete post" button.

I also want you to know that I initially misread the title as "Deleting reptiles" and wondered what in the nine exalted blazes you were on about.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lordorinko View Post
    Hello everyone! How can i delete my reply in my own thread
    You shouldn't delete replies and you can't delete a post if it's the first in a thread.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    You shouldn't delete replies and you can't delete a post if it's the first in a thread.
    Honest curiosity, why shouldn't you delete posts? At first I thought you were referring to the rules but I couldn't find anything there, so I'm thinking it's a principle statement (not that that makes it wrong).

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ufo View Post
    Honest curiosity, why shouldn't you delete posts? At first I thought you were referring to the rules but I couldn't find anything there, so I'm thinking it's a principle statement (not that that makes it wrong).
    Last I remember, and I can't find a post from a Mod to quote and I'm not a mod so...ya know. Don't want to shadow mod or anything, they'd rather we not do it.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Last I remember, and I can't find a post from a Mod to quote and I'm not a mod so...ya know. Don't want to shadow mod or anything, they'd rather we not do it.
    That's cool, was just wondering what I'd missed. I can think of a handful good reasons to delete posts (I've certainly written some dumb stuff I should've taken back even though it seemed like a good idea to press "submit reply") but that's from a perspective that's completely ignorant of the technical and moderation side of things

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ufo View Post
    That's cool, was just wondering what I'd missed. I can think of a handful good reasons to delete posts (I've certainly written some dumb stuff I should've taken back even though it seemed like a good idea to press "submit reply") but that's from a perspective that's completely ignorant of the technical and moderation side of things
    The essential reason, IIRC, is that it slows the server down for reasons I won't even claim to comprehend. It doesn't mean that you shouldn't ever, but the mods have - again, IIRC - stated a preference for people not doing it.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Deleting posts is easy, especially in mobile mode, just click on the pen symbol to edit your post, and look for the delete option.

What you can't do is delete threads, only the mods can do that.

If you want your thread deleted, moved, or combined with another one then click on the little triangle at the bottom of your first post and send a report to the mods begging them to do what you wish.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Go to edit your post, and then check the "Delete this post in the following manner" box. Then push the "Delete post" button.

I also want you to know that I initially misread the title as "Deleting reptiles" and wondered what in the nine exalted blazes you were on about.
    "What in the nine exalted blazes" is a phrase that appeals to me quite strongly (and will probably make its way into my vocabulary). So thank you for that.
    My completely awesome avatar (I call her Quill) has been generously crafted by the esteemed Honest Tiefling!

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    DEGENERATION 87: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good-looking) and your humility is stunning.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    The essential reason, IIRC, is that it slows the server down for reasons I won't even claim to comprehend. It doesn't mean that you shouldn't ever, but the mods have - again, IIRC - stated a preference for people not doing it.
    Rawhide's the only one with the knowledge to give a definitive answer, but I believe the preference is more "don't systematically delete posts on a large scale." If you have a good reason to delete one or two specific posts, then that's not going to meaningfully affect anything. Just don't try deleting a hundred posts or deleting without a reason. And if someone has already responded to you, your reason should be good enough to outweigh making the response make no (or less) sense.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)