New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Celestia's Finest: Old World Blues

The mare snorts and looks at Rose in disbelief. She looks down at her hoof. Then, she pulls back hard and slugs Rose right across the face, hard as she can. The blow is probably enough to stun Rose as not even her thick, 1 DR pony skull can fully handle 5 damage to the face.

The mare turns on her heels and walks away.

--------

A few of the guards are trying to push their way to the front of the crowd, but the sheer amount of ponies gathered here is stopping them. Also, the crowd can sense that, if they guards reach their goal, their departure will be delayed and are...less than willing to let them through.

Of course, that also means that Love cannot easily get through and is currently blocking the door with the cart.

---------

The guard on the other side pauses. "What's the password?" he asks, open suspicion in his voice.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Was this all trust did? Make him stupid and sloppy? Anger lit up the back of his mind. Stupid idiot.

His rifle slipped into his holster.

"Cabal didn't leave us one. He was exhausted and not in the best frame of mind. He left to get some sleep in his room. Said he'd be back in the next four hours."

3. - Top - End - #363
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    The mare snorts and looks at Rose in disbelief. She looks down at her hoof. Then, she pulls back hard and slugs Rose right across the face, hard as she can. The blow is probably enough to stun Rose as not even her thick, 1 DR pony skull can fully handle 5 damage to the face.

The mare turns on her heels and walks away.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pegasus: "Ahh!! What was that crack? Did our skull break? Our skull broke! We're going to die from brain hemorrhaging of a fractured skull and--"

Earth Pony: "Oh ho ho, we ain't done yet! Let's kick her fat flank. She's got her back to us! Come on, SNEAK ATTACK!!"

Zebra: "Ugh, that is so uncooth."

Unicorn: "Will everyone just be QUIET!" (*stares the others down*) "Okay, deep breath. We're not going to die, okay? Sadness, I need a damage report."

Changeling: "Sigh, we took a solid blow to the head. Our primary motor cortex isn't responding, so we're stunned until the system reboots itself. Probably doesn't matter after it does. Sniper is just gonna yell at us. Again."

Unicorn: "Right, noted. Anger, monitor adrenaline. Make sure we got enough to dull the pain until we can move. Fear, keep the heart rate calm. Last thing we need is Anger here having us fly off the handle into a hoof-fight."

Earth Pony: "I WELCOME IT!!"

Zebra: "I hope your first order once we can move again is to check for blood. Gonna look so unsexy while we bleed down our face."

Pegasus: "Oh no no no no, Sniper is gonna hate us! And Love's gonna treat us like we're a child. Please tell me Anaki isn't gonna do the disappointed face? I can't stand the disappointed face!" (*breaks down sobbing*)

Unicorn: "Oookay... Sadness, how's the cortex looking?"

Changeling: "Well, the bad news is we might have a broken snout. The good news is we have just enough energy to heal it. The bad news we're probably pass out from fatigue. ...there's no more good news."

Earth Pony: "Geez, you suck the fun out of everything. Welp, you win, Joy."

Unicorn: "I win what? This isn't a competition."

Earth Pony: "Meh. The moment's gone. I won't steer us into a fight with that mare."

Zebra: "She wasn't really all that cute anyway. I mean, did you see her teeth? Yuck, Rose should have better tastes than that."

Pegasus: "Like Sniper? He would of kept us safe from everything, you know!"

Changeling: "He has lower self-esteem than we do. If you can believe that. I should know."

Unicorn: "Uh, what Sadness said. Look, we're getting a response from the leg cybernetic relay. Let's start damage control procedures and go from there, alright?"

Zebra: "Why did you even flirt with her, Joy?"

Unicorn: "Eh heh heh... I kinda froze on what to do. Fear threw out the suggestion and I went with it."

Pegasus: "I said Flight, not Flirt you idiot."

Unicorn: "Yeah, I kinda froze on that too. My bad."

Rose stumbled back two steps and planted a hind-leg firmly to halt herself. She paused all movements. Her sense of direction was offline. Something wet trickled down the intense pain on her face. The room wobbled around her like a ship at sea. Rose grinned. Dear sweet Luna smiling was painful. The room continued to wobble. Her mind was still processing the blow.

Stunned.

After several seconds passed, Rose finally regained a sense of direction. Her legs responded. She wiped the blood onto her leg and bowed her head to the crowd. "Thank you, you all have been a wonderful audience." She turned to the bar and limped toward it. Pain still wracked her face. She needed medical attention. Space. Drink. Aid. First. Her thoughts were not quite in the right order.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2018-07-30 at 02:58 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #364

Sniper hears the guards muttering on the other side. "Run and check the boss's bedroom. QUICK."

"Yes sir!"

The sound of hooves retreating quickly down the hall heralds one of the guard's exits. "Now," the first says, "You are going to stay right there until this is sorted. If that door opens, I will shoot."

-------------

The ponies clear out of Rose's way, most staring between her and the mare who hit her. They are a bit too stunned to do much, though one does offer a handkerchief. Rose staggers over to the bar and finds Sandy behind it. The mare blinks. "Oh my gosh! Are you...your face..." She gulps. "I'm...I'm going to go get Dr. Violet!"

5. - Top - End - #365

The ponies clear out of Rose's way, most staring between her and the mare who hit her. They are a bit too stunned to do much, though one does offer a handkerchief. Rose staggers over to the bar and finds Sandy behind it. The mare blinks. "Oh my gosh! Are you...your face..." She gulps. "I'm...I'm going to go get Dr. Violet!"
    Rose takes the kerchief. "Thank you," she says in a nasally tone. Rose attempts to stop the bleeding using her hooves on the handkerchief. When she gets to the bar, she sits down and her ponykinesis pulls out her first aid kit. she magically rummages for some essentials to fix herself.

"Is okay, uh... Sandy is it? You don't have to trouble yourself. I'm a doctor."

She continues to apply pressure and get the bleeding to stop.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    I could not find anything in the rulebooks for a penalty on treating yourself for bleeding using First Aid. So...

First Aid: (3d6)[14] vs. 18

Success heals 1 hp and stops bleeding I believe.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper wanted to point out that the door was already open. Fortunately for the guard's virgin ears, he had been raised that of you couldn't say something nice, not to say anything at all. At least I'm regards to open doors.

A sharp breath through his nose and a slow exhale calmed his nerves. Stupidity had been his name lately and it was time to make a change. Knuckle down and get back in the game. If that meant being distrustful... Well, orders prevented him from going that far. But it was definitely going to be trust but verify in the future.

He went back to the main monitors.

"The only thing I'm doing is watching the cameras as assigned." Sniper called to the guard.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Great, Love is trapped in the elevator, and the crowd is being unruly. To the ponies right in front of her she says, "help me make a line so we can get you out of here." Her hoof volunteers ponies in front of her cart. "Anyone", she generalizes the command.

She clears her throat and projects a loud, "Step back!"

"Everyone can leave faster in an orderly manner! There is a cart in the way that needs room to pass! Back up! Step aside and let the elevator operators through so everyone can leave." She gets up on her back hoofs and points out the guards. She calls the guards out by name. "We need you up here to let ponies out!" She motions them forward.

8. - Top - End - #368

Rose successfully treats herself at the bar. The bleeding is stopped, but she thinks her snout is still broken. Hurts very bad. Not just when she smiles, but in general too.

Sandy watches her carefully. "Um..." She holds up a forehoof. "Quick! How many hooves am I holding up?"

-----------

"Then, um, keep doing that?" the guard orders. Fortunately, the second one returns shortly with Cabal's word that they are good to leave and Sniper and Brazen are free to go.

On the cameras, he does see Rose patching up her face, so that might be worth checking out.

-----------

The ponies are reluctant to obey, but the cart does get through. And the guards make use of the gap to get to the front. They begin barking orders as Love slips back to the bar and sees Rose bandaging her face.

9. - Top - End - #369

Rose successfully treats herself at the bar. The bleeding is stopped, but she thinks her snout is still broken. Hurts very bad. Not just when she smiles, but in general too.

Sandy watches her carefully. "Um..." She holds up a forehoof. "Quick! How many hooves am I holding up?"
    "Uh, one hoof," Rose answers in haste. She winces from the jolt of pain down her snout. "Oww... yeah, it's broken."

She let out a a sigh, her breathing was a little better through her mouth. "Too bad my nose didn't break her hoof. It was a cute snout too," she muttered to Sandy. Rose rummaged through her bag for some pain pills. The pain intensified without adrenaline in her bloodstream. Rose put the pills in her mouth and and dry-swallowed them.

"Could I have something to drink?" Rose asked Sandy. "No alcohol though."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper left the security room without fanfare. He needed to find Rose and make sure that she was alright. From the look of things via CCTV, she'd been knocked around pretty good.

The walk to the bar steadied his mood. This entire excursion was a string of mistakes on his part. He was tired of the mistakes and being useless, because-- Star's words be banished-- he couldn't ride around on the team's coattails. He had responsibilities to meet and each one had been an abject failure. At the same time, though, his previous reaction wasn't the right one. That was the evil side of him, the part that he was trying to starve into submission. He needed to work on that as well.

Sniper mentally sighed. The world was a lot simpler when he had the old mask to use as a crutch. It was a false persona, but a persona that let him function in the real world. When had everything become so complicated?

He took his thoughts and shoved them before they led him down some very dark paths. For the moment, he needed to meet up with Rose.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Love will give the cart back to the bar and return to the elevator to help the guards with rush hour. If they don't mind her helping, she uses some of the time to chat with and/or say goodbye to the ponies. The Hound is also put to use to check for nearby changelings.

12. - Top - End - #372

Sandy blinks. "That's...that's correct. I guess you don't have a concussion, then?" She looks doubtfully at her hoof and puts it back down. "Do...do you want a mirror?"

"Sure, one water coming right up." She slides a glass of water over to Rose with a smile.

---------

For once, Sniper is left alone. Fate seems to have given him a break on this one. He arrives with no issue.

---------

Love joins the impromptu TSA. According to her scans, no changelings try to leave. However, quite a few ponies are eager to do just that. It's quite the chaotic scene.

13. - Top - End - #373

Sandy blinks. "That's...that's correct. I guess you don't have a concussion, then?" She looks doubtfully at her hoof and puts it back down. "Do...do you want a mirror?"

"Sure, one water coming right up." She slides a glass of water over to Rose with a smile.
    Rose raised the glass with her ponykinesis. She sipped the water in a slow stride. "No, no mirror. I... probably look as bad as I feel right now."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper didn't know what to feel about arriving at his destination unaccosted. It was far enough outside the norm to be disquieting. At least Lullaby hadn't jumped him, he supposed that was a good thing.

"Sandy, Rose." Sniper acknowledged the two ponies as he approached. Then he refocused on Rose. He didn't like seeing her in this condition. "Do you want me to take a look at that?"

Thus far, Love hadn't called for help. But Sniper was ready to assist if the call came. Getting to Love would have been a lot easier were his wing in operation.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

Love keeps the old Chemsniffer in her bag while doing her scans and continues to help the guards. Over the last two days she met a lot of ponies she would call her friend. She doesn't know when or, if ever, she'll see them again, but she is hopefully that this isn't their final goodbye. While the elevator runs up and down, she socializes and helps keep the order. A lot of ponies have been looking forward to this moment. She wants them (if possible) to leave DW on a good note.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2018-07-31 at 02:54 PM.

16. - Top - End - #376

Quote Originally Posted by D.KnightSpider View Post
    He didn't like seeing her in this condition. "Do you want me to take a look at that?"
    "Well, it doesn't hurt any worse just for looking," Rose replies. Her voice sounded a little nasally due to her snout being swollen. She turns her head so that Sniper can get a good look at it.

"I stopped a fight with my face." She definitely sounds in pain, and in the back of her mind she's counting minutes until the meds kick in.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #377

Sandy hesitates before nodding. "Yeah. You look, uh, pretty bad. No offense or anything." She grins at Sniper. "Hello there! Would you fancy a drink? Water seems to be a hot-button item right now."

Rose begins to feel those meds bring welcome relief. She feels like she has enough energy for a healing spell now. Good thing that punch wasn't aimed at her horn.

-------

The first rush passes by. The trickle that remains can be easily handled by the guards. After many farewells, Love is free to go do other things if she wishes. Or she can remain where she is.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Water would be fine since I don't drink alcohol." Sniper explained for Sandy's benefit.

To Rose, he added: "Quite literally from the looks of things. I saw most of it on the security cameras."

Sniper borrowed Rose's medical kit and double-checked her work on the snout. His lips turned into a frown. Any time doctors tried to patch themselves up, they made a royal mess.

There was one good thing in all this. At least Sniper hadn't been the one to throw the punch. Looking at Rose now, he knew... Well, since things were best left unthought.

Spoiler: OoC Roll
    Show
    First Aid
    (3d6)[3][6][6](15) VS 14

19. - Top - End - #379

"Ow ow ow ow ow," Rose squeaks in rapid succession. She puts her hooves on Sniper's and gently guides them down to chest-level where she holds them. "I'm certain it's broken, so..."

She didn't want to say 'there's nothing you can do.' It felt a bit pessimistic and she knows Sniper cares as a teammate. After a moment pause to think, she gives Sniper's hooves a gentle squeeze and lets him go. She continues, "I think I can fix this, but I'm so weak right now that I might pass out. Could you walk with me to the office camp? I don't want to drop unconscious here at the bar if I blow the spell."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

The casino seems like it's returning to functional. When the guards are looking less overworked, Love tells them, "I'm going to go move something for Cabal. See you later." Love gives them a causal wave and heads off after saying any goodbyes.

Love walks to the boss storage room to grab the projector and return it to the main floor. It's a task that needs done eventually, and she did promise Cabal to protect his baby. She takes some time on the way there and back to peek around for the changeling brothers.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2018-07-31 at 07:03 PM.

21. - Top - End - #381

Sandy chuckles. "Water's always in vogue." Sniper will, in short order, receive his glass of water to match Rose's. She looks on hesitantly as Sniper tries to treat Rose. "Are you sure you don't want me to call the doc?"

----------

Love successfully re-installs the projector in it's appointed place. However, there is still no sign of any changeling, especially not Pins and Needles. They are not on the casino floor nor are they likely to be for at least a day.

22. - Top - End - #382

Sandy chuckles. "Water's always in vogue." Sniper will, in short order, receive his glass of water to match Rose's. She looks on hesitantly as Sniper tries to treat Rose. "Are you sure you don't want me to call the doc?"
    Rose nods in the affirmative. "Yeah, I have a healing spell I can use. 'Sides, I kinda asked to get punched to end the fight. I'll deal with it."

She looks to Sniper to see if he'll accompany her?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Yeah. I'll get you back to base." Sniper nodded slowly. "You can rest up there until Decoy (Angel) arrives."

He took up a position to accompany Rose and escort her to the room.

Add another failure to his list. He couldn't even administer basic first aid any more...

24. - Top - End - #384

Quote Originally Posted by D.KnightSpider View Post
    "Yeah. I'll get you back to base." Sniper nodded slowly. "You can rest up there until Decoy (Angel) arrives."
    "Alright, let's go. Thank you for the drinks, Sandy." Rose will put bits on the bar top and walk with Sniper back to the office camp.

As they walk back, Rose feels slightly better that the pain medication is finally taking effect. Now that she can think in complete sentences, she explains what happened to Sniper. "I appreciate your attempt. On my broken nose, I mean. She was a huge mare. You know, the kind that when they stand up the room gets dark? Yeah, she was accusing me of being a changeling. I played a little magical prank on her to rebuke the claim and she uh... well, she beat the snot out of me. Quite efficiently I might add. Not easy to fix this. But... at least that settled the fight before it got out of control."

"I didn't have time to think of a solution to stop her anger and went with just getting punched. Hope that didn't worry you too much. I was thinking for the greater good of keeping the peace. Sorta. At least I didn't shoot anyone this time, right?"

Realizing that she is rambling, Rose went quiet and waited for a response.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2018-08-01 at 12:52 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"I saw what happened on the security cameras." Sniper explained as he followed Rose. "Although the added context helps. Maybe that played out the best it could have under the circumstances. It's certainly better than some pony getting killed or crippled for life."

Part of him wanted to drape a wing over her, but he refrained.

"Just please try not to make a habit of it."

26. - Top - End - #386

"I know, my nose told me the same thing," Rose says in agreement. "Though the thought that maybe the mare was a changeling in disguise trying to share blame for taking the gang leaders did cross my mind just after her hoof did. That one mystery mare that approached us earlier? Like, did you feel she wasn't happy with us taking over the operation? I felt a nasty vibe from her."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

Once the projector is back in its roost, Love takes a seat on the casino floor close to the exit. Everything looks so different. She wonders how long it'll be before the tables are back in place, and everyone is playing games again. The employees are all free from Wire's tyranny. This place could change in so many ways. A lot of ponies couldn't call this place home, a prison maybe, but maybe now they could set down some genuine roots. She watches the people move about their business.

She texts Star, "Have you been watching me? ❤ You handled that radio beautifully. You stylize very well with technology, old and new. The image burning in my head could fit perfectly into a film." She checks in on the room. "Everyone doing alright? Is Rem awake yet?"
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2018-08-01 at 06:31 PM.

28. - Top - End - #388

"Making sure you stay out of trouble," Star replies to Love. Then, to the entire team, she says, "Hey ponies! Now the elevator is working, I'm headed back to load up everything from our camp and bring it on over. I'd like to take Seafire with me as an escort (not that kind of escort, Brazen!). Any objections?"

The situation in the room is...mostly normal. The zebras have acquired a cauldron from somewhere. It looks like it's from the kitchen. They are stirring up...something. Hopefully not trouble. "Everything is fine," Anaki says, "But no, we have not seen hide nor hair of Rem yet."

29. - Top - End - #389

Rose radios back to Star, "No objections. Find out from Angel if she needs me there to help move the patients. Otherwise I'm gonna lie down a moment."

At the room, Rose puts her stuff down by the couch. She looks down at her blood stains and just shrugs. "Thanks Sniper. I'm gonna take it from here and hopefully my magic doesn't fail me due to the pain." Before Rose sits down to cast her spell, she looks at the cauldron, looks at the zebras, then back to the cauldron.

"Kinda hoping that's soup..." she says softly.

Rose sits down and puts her hooves over her snout. It's painful, but she powers through it. She calms herself and then casts her spell. The magic flashes... and then Rose slowly let herself roll onto her back from exhaustion.

Spoiler: Minor Healing
    Show
    Full power to healing, Mr. Scott!

Casting: (3d6)[12] vs 15.
    3FP --> 3 HP.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2018-08-01 at 05:54 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

Love texts the team, "No objections! I call co-pilot. I'd like to come along and help pack things up."

A mental note gets taken to calculate how long Rem tends to sleep after she wakes up. Rem would be the first nocturnal crew member besides Love. Even Zero is unusual in the fact that she sleeps during the night.