New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order II - Top Kōhai

Another half AP event for dailies? They really don't want me to do Camelot!

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Spoiler: Oh yeah, I'm boned.
    Show

inn (Alter)
    Extra class:None Hunter Noventa participates in the Holy Grail War of Somalia as the master of Assassin

The Servants participating in this war are:

Saber:Artoria Pendragon (Alter)
    Archer:Calamity Jane
    Lancer:Parvati
    Rider:Francis Drake
    Caster:Morgan le Fay
    Assassin:Jing Ke
    Berserker:Cú Chulainn (Alter)
    Extra class:None
    https://en.shindanmaker.com/676805

I'm the only one with a 3* servant. (I think)
    Keep in mind that rarity doesn't really denote the servant's actual power. Romulus is a three star but an incredibly powerful servant for example.

...That said, I think you might be screwed just because of who else is in that war, not because Jing Ke isn't a perfectly acceptable assassin. I mean jeez, Mad Doggo, Salter, Parvati, Morgan le Fay?! Talk about deck stacked against you...maybe if Jing had some bonus against royalty you might be able to pull it off...
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    Spoiler: Im Doomed
    Show
    Saambell participates in the Holy Grail War of Indonesia as the master of Lancer

Saber:Diarmuid
    Archer:Arash
    Lancer:Walkure
    Rider:Christopher Colombus
    Caster:Leonardo da Vinci (Lily)
    Assassin:Mata Hari
    Berserker:Thor

I can probably handle Mata Hari, maybe Leo and Chris. But Thor is going to roll me.
    Point of order: Walkure (Valkyrie) actually is (are) in FGO, 4-star Lancer, fairly potent. Not to mention they're a compound Servant, like Mary and Anne, which is a bit of a boon.

More importantly, they're from Thor's background. And as a warrior, he has to yield to their selection. So you have a pretty decent chance, actually.

Even Arash doesn't pose a major threat - he can nuke one of them, sure, but not all of them.

Probably.

Spoiler: Oh yeah, I'm boned.
    Show

inn (Alter)
    Extra class:None Hunter Noventa participates in the Holy Grail War of Somalia as the master of Assassin

Saber:Artoria Pendragon (Alter)
    Archer:Calamity Jane
    Lancer:Parvati
    Rider:Francis Drake
    Caster:Morgan le Fay
    Assassin:Jing Ke
    Berserker:Cú Chulainn (Alter)
    https://en.shindanmaker.com/676805

I'm the only one with a 3* servant. (I think)
    Rarity aside, you are indeed boned. The two Alters are pinnacle martial combatants. And Morgan is said to be Merlin's equal - and he was someone who was awarded the title of Grand Caster while still alive.

Even if you had a truly legendary Assassin, you'd be pretty hosed. But then again, I can't think of a single Grail War that an Assassin ever actually won. They tend more to be spoilers than winners.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

I think that has to do with the fact that most Assassins are...well not overly impressive. Hundred-Faced Hassan from Zero is the highest ranked Assassin i can think of who was used by a proper master. Jack was coopted by a woman and kept alive via feeding her mage hearts instead of with magical circuits, so that may have screwed her. And i don't count Semiramis because she acts more like a flipping Caster than an Assassin.

So of the Assasins who actually act like Assassins (that I can name), we have the pair of Hassans and Jack, and two of them had weirdness attached to them during the war. Seriously, what is with Assassin and never getting used normally?
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2018-08-15 at 08:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

Jack actually was rediculously hard to defeat. She got taken down through divine intervention called upon by our dear holy maiden.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

6. - Top - End - #336
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Another half AP event for dailies? They really don't want me to do Camelot!
    If you're happy to wait to complete Camelot there'll probably be another 1/2 AP story event before/when Babylon is released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    I think that has to do with the fact that most Assassins are...well not overly impressive. Hundred-Faced Hassan from Zero is the highest ranked Assassin i can think of who was used by a proper master. Jack was coopted by a woman and kept alive via feeding her mage hearts instead of with magical circuits, so that may have screwed her. And i don't count Semiramis because she acts more like a flipping Caster than an Assassin.

So of the Assasins who actually act like Assassins (that I can name), we have the pair of Hassans and Jack, and two of them had weirdness attached to them during the war. Seriously, what is with Assassin and never getting used normally?
    More weirdness when Medea used Rule Breaker to summon an Assassin of her own, but he could go one on one with Saber Artoria, so... not exactly weak there.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Jack actually was rediculously hard to defeat. She got taken down through divine intervention called upon by our dear holy maiden.
    Wasn't Jack explicitly getting stronger from eating mage hearts? She also never had to face off against a Caster, if class advantage even matters in other media. (Does it? Is there any canon on that?)

Spoiler: I had to reconstruct mine from memory
    Show

Rusty participates in the Holy Grail War of Germany as the master of Rider

Saber: Nuada
    Archer:Moriarty
    Lancer:Altria
    Rider:Saint Martha
    Caster:Tamamo-no-Mae
    Assassin:Hassan (Serene)
    Berserker:Don't remember - maybe Cu Alter

I mean, I could have worse odds. Not sure how to deal with Nuada, but at least he's kinda obscure and not on home turf.
    Also Martha was my first SR servant, so that's pretty cool.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spoon View Post
    Wasn't Jack explicitly getting stronger from eating mage hearts? She also never had to face off against a Caster, if class advantage even matters in other media. (Does it? Is there any canon on that?)
    class affinities are only mentioned in grand order, so it is hard to tell exactly how they play in. outside of the battle mechanics of grand order, class affinity isn't out right said to apply an advantage over another servant. only supposed to affect how classes interact with each other. but again it is only really mentioned in grand order. other than that there is a ranking system that ranks how strong each class is over all without factoring in what servant is filling the class, bond and overall strengthening. but even the classes base stats might vary depending on the details of the holy grail ritual, we only have the stats for the fuyuki war ritual.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    class affinities are only mentioned in grand order, so it is hard to tell exactly how they play in. outside of the battle mechanics of grand order, class affinity isn't out right said to apply an advantage over another servant. only supposed to affect how classes interact with each other. but again it is only really mentioned in grand order. other than that there is a ranking system that ranks how strong each class is over all without factoring in what servant is filling the class, bond and overall strengthening. but even the classes base stats might vary depending on the details of the holy grail ritual, we only have the stats for the fuyuki war ritual.
    Class Affinity is only a thing for Grand Order.

EDIT: Its also important to keep in mind that we do not know the...context behind how one is chosen to be a Grand Servant, only that they have specific requirements and only tend to be chosen from among the strongest servants in a class. For example, Grand Caster requires its vessel to have Clairvoyance EX but that's the only hard requirement that we know about. We don't know the other requirements for the other Grands and I don't even know if we've met more than one Grand Servant.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2018-08-15 at 11:56 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Grandpa Hassan is Grand Assassin and Solomon is Grand Caster, so that's too.

Also, Kojiro should honestly be a Saber, not an Assassin
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

10. - Top - End - #340
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

If there training ground is half AP, should I do all of them instead of just the 10, 30, and 40?

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Well if you want the green cubes, go right ahead.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    If there training ground is half AP, should I do all of them instead of just the 10, 30, and 40?
    That's what I've been doing. Need those green cubes for the eventual really good store CEs after all.

And speaking of...do the training grounds just, never seem to drop the blue crystals, or do I just have bad luck? Of all things I have a ton of skills I can't level because I don't have the blue crystals to do so.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

13. - Top - End - #343

RedWizardGuy

That's what I've been doing. Need those green cubes for the eventual really good store CEs after all.

And speaking of...do the training grounds just, never seem to drop the blue crystals, or do I just have bad luck? Of all things I have a ton of skills I can't level because I don't have the blue crystals to do so.
    https://grandorder.gamepress.gg/item/gem-archer
    Per link, the AP 10 training one gives me the most blue Gems per AP. Strange, but whatever.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

https://grandorder.gamepress.gg/item/gem-archer
    Per link, the AP 10 training one gives me the most blue Gems per AP. Strange, but whatever.
    Ah, See I was trying all of them, and I seem to keep getting nothing but red crystals. But I also don't just sit and farm them either.

Factotum Variants!

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I find that I generally prefer doing 20 AP dailies for my lion's share of gems. Seems to give me the highest total number of gems.

16. - Top - End - #346

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    I find that I generally prefer doing 20 AP dailies for my lion's share of gems. Seems to give me the highest total number of gems.
    Do the math, and you'll know for sure. ;)

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Do the math, and you'll know for sure. ;)
    Psh. Maths is for nerds. I work with feelings and thinking "this kind of looks right"!
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2018-08-16 at 12:40 PM.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Prisma collab announced for the 23rd.

19. - Top - End - #349

RedWizardGuy

They changed the training ground drops. Does anybody have a link that shows the new APD for stuff that comes out?

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

Bah. I did a dumb thing.

Yesterday morning, I was tired, and I approved my Android OS update. So now FGO doesn't work, and there goes my log-in streak. Looks like I'm taking a hiatus from the game for a bit.

Here's hoping they work this out before the Prillya event.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

21. - Top - End - #351

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Bah. I did a dumb thing.

Yesterday morning, I was tired, and I approved my Android OS update. So now FGO doesn't work, and there goes my log-in streak. Looks like I'm taking a hiatus from the game for a bit.

I saw the warning last month. And when my phone update came up today, I immediately hit no. If I hadn't read that, I would be out of luck too. It sucks that they still haven't patched the problem.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Eesh, that sounds pretty damn awful. I'm sorry to hear that.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ettin in the Playground

They changed the training ground drops. Does anybody have a link that shows the new APD for stuff that comes out?
    Here you go!

Its being updated all the time as well, so it will remain valuable in the future as well...we should probably add it to the OP honestly.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

I have been blessed with the need to grind for an eternity or two to level my servants.

on the android update issue, i definitely don't have to worry about that since last month i only just got the 7.0 update for my phone. the 9.0 is at least a year or two away if I ever get it.

Current avatar by me

25. - Top - End - #355

Bah. I did a dumb thing.

Weird. My Android got tired of asking me and just updated without permission earlier today, and my FGO is working fine. I'm farming caster gems now.

EDIT: Unless maybe we're talking about different updates.
    Last edited by ImperatorV; 2018-08-17 at 04:14 PM.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    Weird. My Android got tired of asking me and just updated without permission earlier today, and my FGO is working fine. I'm farming caster gems now.

EDIT: Unless maybe we're talking about different updates.
    Yeah you're likely not getting 9.0 unless you have a google phone.

Factotum Variants!

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah you're likely not getting 9.0 unless you have a google phone.
    Oh, and it gets worse.

See, apparently FGO runs on Unity. Well, as of earlier this month, Unity's latest patch notes still did not take into account Android 9.0 compatibility.

So what you're looking at is (1) Unity getting updated for Android 9.0, and then (2) FGO updating. That may take awhile.

So, yeah. I'mma probably miss Prillya.

Don't get the latest update, folks.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, and it gets worse.

See, apparently FGO runs on Unity. Well, as of earlier this month, Unity's latest patch notes still did not take into account Android 9.0 compatibility.

So what you're looking at is (1) Unity getting updated for Android 9.0, and then (2) FGO updating. That may take awhile.

you should see if you can downgrade your phone to a previous version. or maybe if you have a spare older phone that can run fate maybe connect to wifi and transfer to that phone until fate starts working on android 9

Current avatar by me

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, and it gets worse.

Sorry to hear that Red Fel. :(

If you can't figure out a work around by the time Illya starts, I could try to run your account through the event for you on my tablet. I'd need your shop goals and everything, but this is a crappy situation to be in.

30. - Top - End - #360

RedWizardGuy

Now you guys are making me nervous because my phone keeps reminding me to update. And it auto downloads whenever the wireless is on.