New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Default Re: DocWagon Seattle First Response (Auburn)

"Thank you, Aria. You've proven you're royalty once again." After getting into the coptor but before sitting down, Gatto casts her cleaning spell - this time not just on herself but on everyone. "Filthy exposions. My fire would have been so much cleaner," she mutters under her breath.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

The elf shrugs. "Had they been a little less eager, we could have gotten through without any explosions. As it was, I didn't have to fire a single shot."
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Grunty approaches the chopper with great strides and, upon entering, tries to open the folding bed with a kick to the panel like he saw Brachial do it.

[Package secured, now hop in and let's get the hell outta here !]

Lycar
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

Grunty gets the bed to fall open with one well-placed kick, and can deposit his load there. The client, clearly out of it as she is, can be persuaded to sit up instead of lying down. "Choo choo crash. Boom."

The uninjured woman, now carrying her navy pumps in one hand, looks back at the building. "Do you think they'll be ok?" She sounds a little distraught and doesn't seem inclined to get into the helicopter. The man, though, he hops in eagerly.

Whatever was going on back there seems to have died down, or maybe just moved on. The explosions have stopped, and there isn't anything to be seen in sky around the place, though loud weapon reports still echo through the night, along with a roaring sort of noise - like a lion mixed with the sound of a bonfire. A bunch of the cop cars are just now peeling out and taking off with squealing tires in other directions.

From Frank: [They brought in a couple of military gunships, and something that looked like a dragon, but it wasn't near big enough to actually be one if all the stories are right. I don't know who those guys were, but they've got some kind of connections. Or something.]

5. - Top - End - #365
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial winces slightly, listening to Frank. He manuvers the woman between Mig and himself to a empty seat next to the table. "Keep your leg still," he says quietly. "Are you feeling good enough for me to take a look at your boss?" he asks her, checking her over quickly once more before moving the woman Grunty carried, attempting to bring her to as stable condition quickly.

[We're all good back here,] he says, glancing to the others. [Lonestar should be coming along shortly, don't worry about them.] he says. He sighs shaking his head slightly, grumbling under his breath, something about how the good guys rarely were the one wearing the stars.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

There doesn't seem to be a Star unit following Kitty on the way to the small clinic that's about 1km away. It takes maybe half a minute to get from the pickup location to landing at the clinic, and Brachial is able to stop Caroline's bleeding on the way. She remains unconscious, and the client keeps saying bizarre things in a dreamy sort of voice ("whoom, whoom, flying").

The patient transfer goes smoothly, and the other two hostages get out there without an argument, as well. A Channel 4 van screams into the parking lot just as the man and woman are walking into the building and Frank is thinking about lifting the copter off the ground.

11:32

[Incoming message from Dispatch]

[Status change: Kitty to On Call]

7. - Top - End - #367

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial relaxes significantly after the client, patient, and two hostages are offloaded. He drops into his seat after stuffing the first aide kit back into its receptical and stretches out. "What's next?" he says aloud. "Someone going to..." he stops midsentance. "Hell no, I'm saying one word or it'll come true," he says, crossing his arms.

He glances out the door towards the news van as they pull up. [Hey Hotdog, flip on channel 4 back here. Curious what they're saying.]
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Grunty

"Hrm. Nice first day. Are all weeks that quiet ?"

Grunty goes about to resettle into his seat and buckles up.

Lycar

9. - Top - End - #369
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

"You gotta love the media vultures in this town." Gatto leans back in her seat, waiting to watch the feed.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

The divider switches from a map to Channel 4. There are showing video feed labeled with "Earlier" in the corner, of Frank's masterful maneuver and Mig and Gatto jumping out. A female voice, the regular news anchor Mia Tourina, is speaking over the video.

"...unconfirmed reports of a dragon involved in the daring escape of the suspected robbers. The video you're seeing is of a DocWagon insertion into the building. Lone Star is not making comments at this time, and we have no reports regarding exactly who was extracted by DocWagon. At least one person was taken to St. Vincent's Emergency Clinic in Auburn, though the identity of this person and whoever else might have been taken is unknown."

At this point, the video shifts to an image of Kitty rising into the air, which is remarkably like the way that Frank is just now lifting the copter up, complete with the signs in the parking lot that were just behind you. The word "Live" replaces the word "Earlier" in the corner.

"As you can see in this live footage at St. Vincent's, a DocWagon helicopter is just leaving, so we can be certain that at least one person was admitted there. Our cameraman has confirmed that this helicopter was followed from the scene, and has definitely dropped off a patient there. Oh, I now have a short statement from Lone Star."

The image shifts back to the building, though now it's just lots of cop cars and a couple of Star helicopters. "Earlier" appears in the corner again. None of the windows have been shot out, so it is obviously from before the team
    got there.

"At approximately 10:45pm, a silent alarm was tripped at the BankNorth building at the corner of Mercer and Highland in Auburn. Lone Star units responded and determined that four to six assailants had broken in for unknown reasons, presumed to be attempting to break into the bank vault. Several employees were on the premises at the time, mostly janitorial staff. Those employees, 10 to 12 people, were taken hostage by the assailants. Over the course of the next half hour, ten Lone Star personnel were killed, including four men in a helicopter unit. Several others were injured. And that's the end of the statement."

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

As her image appears on the screen, Mig groans. "Why'd they have to take footage of us?"
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Grunty just grunts "'Cause it makes 'em money."

Lycar

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

"I just hope my uncle isn't watching," she says in a low undertone.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

An hour or so passed, but then Grunty remembered to switch off his wired reflexes. Or rather, to his distorted sense of time it almost seemed like an hour.

(I'll never get used to this crap...)

Looking over at Mig he quirked an eyebrow and asked "Why, your uncle doesn't like you savin' people's lives ?"

While he waited for her response, Grunty started to massage his arms absentmindedly, where the superconducter wires short-circuiting his natural nerves lay under his skin.

Lycar

15. - Top - End - #375

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial smirks slightly at the video. It was usually fun to see yourself on TV. Not that it gained them anything, but it was a slight excitement. He glances around to everyone, making a short attempt to see any injuries that might have been taken during the mission, then looks down at his hand and winces slightly. [Everyone alright after all that?] he asks as he begins cleaning and bandaging the cut.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

"He doesn't approve of my career choices," the girl says carefully in reply to Grunty, unsure how much to give away so soon.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Grunty

Gregory looks at Mig a few moments, then nods slightly as if to say 'i know what'cha talking about..', then answers Brachial.

[Still a bit sore where i caught that bullet. I'l live.]

Lycar

18. - Top - End - #378

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial tilts his head slightly, looking to Mig as he stands up. He reaches up into the drawer of suckers and pulls out a purple one, then drops it back in, close the drawer, and pulls a blue sucker out of a different drawer, easily pulling the wrapper off and sticking it in his mouth.

He glances at Mig as he waits for Grunty. "I'm surprised, not many people dislike DocWagoon." He grins slightly around the stick of his sucker. "We're the googth guys."
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-12-10 at 12:25 PM.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

Mig's face takes on a wry expression. "It's not DocWagon of which he disapproves-- I think he might even have a contract. It's the idea that 'a respectful girl who wishes to honor her family would not consider such manly jobs appropriate'," she speaks in a sing-song as she quotes her uncle, rolling her eyes.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh boy. Jupiter is watching the news feed. Probably everyone is. Great. My wife will love seeing this. Brachial, I don't suppose I could get something for a headache before I leave? I'm sure I'll get one about five minutes after I get home."

The return to the standby point is quick, and Frank settles the copter back into a small, slow circle over a few blocks.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

"Who's Jupiter?"

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Grunty grins a tusky grin [That's your 15 secs of fame for you.]

Lycar

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

"One of the other copters. Flip, the pilot, saw the footage and just had to chime in. Oh, and now something from Babylon5, and from EagleOne, too. Wonderful." Frank heaves a sigh. "I think this is pilot hazing," he mutters, just barely audibly. "Kitty wants to know if anyone is interested in stopping for coffee."

24. - Top - End - #384
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

"I could definitely go for some coffee right now. In fact, I think that Flip owes me one. Although we may want to not invite him along. There is a reason for his handle, after all." Gatto winks at Brachial, then sits a little straighter in anticipation of a caffeine fix.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

The elf looks puzzled. "Are we not on duty? I would think that would prevent us from going for coffee."

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Grunty grunts [You wanna go the whole shift without peeing too ? Good luck....]

Lycar

27. - Top - End - #387

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial chuckles and nods to Gatto. [Its inhumane to expect us to go 6 hours through this without a break,] he sends with a slight shrug. [Besides, all that would do is wear us down and make us more likely to make a mistake. Unless anyone has any objections, coffee sounds like a good thing.]

He glances back at Gatto. "Besides," he says aloud, "I think you might have trouble convincing Gatto otherwide now that she's set her mind on it."

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

11:45

Frank sets Kitty down at a Der Waffle Haus restaurant not too far from the standby point. One of the waitresses, a mildly portly arabic human woman named Tiffany, already has five cups of soycaf ready in to-go cups, with a little baggie of assorted flavorings, by the time anyone walks through the front door. "Oh, new people. Anyone want a muffin or some pie? We got some more of those little boxes in yesterday, so you can take the pie with you." She smiles cheerfully.

The place is done up in a traditional German sort of theme, with the waitresses in someone's interpretation of a female version of lederhosen. There is a group of ork teenagers in one booth, and male troll at the long counter. The other waitress there right now, a skinny black elf girl, leaning against the counter and talking to the troll. There is a view into the kitchen where the cook presumably puts those orders that are ready to go, and said cook looks like he's a white human.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

"Tiffany, since Sidewinder isn't here to say it, we love you, baby!" Gatto takes her cup of coffee, removes the lid and basks in the smell of the fresh brew. "If you have any more of Artie's pecan pie, I would love a piece." Gatto takes a sip of her coffee and waves at the troll. "Grim! Long time no see. How goes?" The cat is clearly in her element here.

30. - Top - End - #390

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial chuckles softly and nods to Tiffany. "Yea, bunch of newbies to get up to speed," he says, grinning slightly as he glances at Mig and Grunty. "On me tonight though," he says with a smile as he pulls a cup from the carrier. "Nothing for me, thanks," he says as he smiles to her.