New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: DocWagon Seattle First Response (Auburn)

Grunty

[Soldiers don't ask question. They follow orders.]

Lycar
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ogre in the Playground

[Good enough.] The copter lands shortly thereafter on the roof of a building. From this vantage point, it actually isn't obvious what the building is supposed to be for. It's not terribly large for a hospital - five floors high, which is shorter than most of the other buildings nearby - and it isn't that utilitarian white most of them seem to be painted. Really, it looks like a short office building.

Jiro looks at Grunty and Gatto and Brachial and says, "If you ever need anything, you have Mig call me. We can hook you up with whatever you need. I swear. Tell the pilot that goes for him, too."

Four people in white coats are standing by on the roof with three gurneys. They are not far from the white circle that Tinkerbelle is likely to land in.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

Mig remains silent at Jiro's offer.

Once the helicopter lands, Mig will help with the unloading of her friends. She takes Jiro's hand briefly and says softly <Japanese>"Let me know when you're better."
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Grunty

[Right. Let's get back to our job.]

Grunty doesn't mind Mig helping our her folks. It's important to keep contacts alive. But the thought brings back memories of his own past.

Family... yeah, he still has some, doesn't he... maybe it was about time to call someone and tell them he was back. Back from the army. Back from the fighting. Back from trying to hide from the mess that he left behind...

Lycar

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ogre in the Playground

The transfer goes smoothly. If Tinkerbelle wasn't jacked in, she'd probably be tapping some body part with impatience, but as she is, there's no real sign of it until the last of the gangers is out. The copter leaps back into the sky with a jerk before the door even closes, flying sideways, then like a dart, directly south. It takes a good minute or so to get back into Auburn airspace. Although there's no actual line, and Grunty's game is still on, so there's no map to watch, there's a subtle change in how Tinkerbelle is flying once that line is crossed. She slows down just a touch and heads a little lower to start dodging some of the taller buildings.

Grunty's game ends with Seattle winning 2-1.

2:57am
    acid drizzle, upper 50s, light winds

The copter, which had been moving in a wide circle around the standby point (just in case - those spirits could still be hanging out there), turns towards Downtown and starts moving at high speed.

[Our relief has just lifted off, people. We're done for the night. Just because I like not getting into trouble, everyone remembers "what happened", right? Especially Grunty and Mig, since you guys actually have to file those reports.]

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

[I used to be in Lone Star training, Tink. Doctoring paperwork is an actual class, you know.] It's hard to tell if Mig is joking or not.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial eyes the supply cabinets for a few moments, then shakes his head, deciding not to shuffle things around for the next crew, despite what he swears the day crew does to them. [Its all good, we just delivered injured parties to a location of a client's choosing.] Brachial says over the commlink, not moving at all. [Supply reports and logs correspond and all that.]
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

Kitty crosses out of Auburn at 2:59am, and lands at 3:02. It looks like Kitty is the second copter in tonight, though the one that has already touched down is being transported into the hangar. Whatever is wrong with it isn't immediately obvious from this distance, but there is someone in a white uniform that has the cut of the armored unis riding with it on the truck.

Tinkerbelle's head lifts as the copter touches down, and she just lets the rotors spin to stop wherever they feel like. Or so it, seems, anyway, as she's already opening the door to the cockpit well before they would stop. "Flip says they hosed up Jupiter pretty good tonight," she tilts her head to indicate the copter on the truck. "Have to replace one of the rotors."

The line for gear return is nonexistent at this point, which can actually be seen before the building is entered, as one of the bay doors is standing open for Jupiter's entry. An orc and a human are sitting down in the uncomfortable chairs filing their reports, but the rest of their team seems to have left already, and both of them have already turned in their gear. Bernie and Karl are taking a moment to check over the gear that was presumably handed in by the Jupiter team.

Tinkerbelle waves to the guy on the truck with the copter, and he waves back.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Grunty

Before landing, Grunty answers to Mig.

[Let's just make sure the stories match.]

After touchdown, Grunty simply proceeds to the checkout and hands in his gear, before going about to write the after action report.

[So i'm thirsty, what about you? Time for another beer or three?]

Lycar

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

Tinkerbelle starts stripping off her uniform as soon as she walks in, revealing the plain green t-shirt and jeans she's wearing underneath. That and her gun get handed back in, and she wanders off with a wave to everyone, up the stairs to where all the pilots seem to disappear to at the end of shift.

[Sorry, can't do it tonight. I have a date. Rain check for tomorrow?]

Gatto also pulls her own uniform off and hands it in. "I have a few things to do, myself. Tomorrow would be better for me, too." She disappears up a different set of stairs, grinning as she goes. Who knows where that one leads.

11. - Top - End - #911

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial opens his eyes finally as they near the field, looking much more relaxed. [Oh for the end of shift,] he says as he smiles. He heads straight in, handing over the DocWagon equipment.

[I can't tonight either, I'm expecting a visitor.] he says. [Definitely for tomorrow though if everyone's in.] He glances towards Grunty and smiles. [We're honestly not trying to ditch you, if we were we could have left you back in Auburn. ;)]
    Last edited by Santanya; 2008-09-16 at 02:20 PM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Grunty

Grunty shrugs. "No worries. People have a life outside their job too after all. See you tomorrow."

Grunty finishes his report and turns it in, then goes to the changing rooms to get into his civilian clothes. Finally he punches out and heads for a bar.

About time for a couple of beers.

Lycar

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

Mig nods apologetically to Grunty. "Guess it wasn't meant to be tonight." Once she's done with the paperwork and processing, she hops on her bike and tears down the roads back to the hospital where her friends are staying to check on them.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Ogre in the Playground

There are a couple of bars that may be of interest along the way to where Grunty lives.

"Cerri" has an AR display showing a couple of orks raising mugs of what is probably beer of some sort in a toast to the passerby. There are a few motorcycles and one van in the parking lot at this hour. The outside is painted dark red with white highlights. Someone has put a small Ork Underground symbol as 'graffiti' in the AR display. The reason why the name of the place is so obvious isn't because of the AR display, though. It's because the one word is spray painted in reflective silver across the front of the place in huge, messy handwriting.

"Slip'n'Slide" is a dark building with front window displays. Each of the three displays has a scantily clad female ork dancing with her back to the window. They have apparently set the displays up so you cannot see the patrons inside. The music they are dancing to is available as part of the AR feed from the outside. The rest of that AR feed has three ork women doing a dance together that leaves little to the imagination, and leaves a suggestion that the employees might possibly be available for individual attention. This place looks rather popular, even at this time of night, with several cars, vans, and motorcycles.

"On the Mark" is a fairly average looking neighborhood bar. According to the AR display, they have dartboards, pool tables, and female waitstaff of human and ork flavors. In the image, they are not particularly scantily clad, but they do seem flirty.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Cerri" is Or'zet slang for 'chummer', especially an ork or troll.
    I actually am not sure where Grunty lives. If it was stated, I have apparently not retained said info in my notes. Regardless, all three are along his path home.

--

It takes Mig about 45 minutes to get to the hospital, taking the fastest way she knows. When she arrives, she is not contested on her way to the floor where the gang members are. She finds that several of her uncle's men have been left here as guards. Although she doesn't really recognize any of them, two do recognize her, and she is allowed into the rooms without issue. Jiro, Haruko, and Ryozo are all still in surgery, but the rest of gang is available. Senshi is bandaged up some, and has fallen asleep in one of the chairs in the room with the other two men. The human girl is in a separate room that has a second empty bed, presumably where Haruko will end up when she's out of surgery. The rest of the gang is asleep, too, just in hospital beds instead of a visitor chair.

There are plenty of places for Mig to sit and wait if she wants to. Some of them are even relatively comfortable.
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2008-09-17 at 08:13 AM.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig will find a comfortable place to catnap until the three are out of surgery at which point she'll stay by Jiro's bed until he wakes up. She'll chat with him for a little while before making her way home to get some sleep for the day. And promise to check up on him again the next day.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ogre in the Playground

Wednesday, February 5, 2070
    getting on towards 9pm
    mid-40s, breezy, clear, visibility unlimited

The rain clears up during the day, and by 4pm, it's actually quite sunny out. Briefly. It gets dark again, as is normal for this time of year, just after 5pm. The ride into the garage is unremarkable, and there are plenty of people already getting ready to go on their shifts.

Tess is standing by downstairs, which she usually only does when something is going wrong, and she immediately eyes both Grunty and Mig when they walk in, waving them over. She is immaculate in a crisp green suit, with her hair in a tidy bun today, and her fingernails and lipstick, as does all her subtle jewelry. But that's how she always seems to look. Immaculate and matched, like a little poster bunny for perfection.

Anyone still in the parking lot at 8:50 gets to see Tinkerbelle squealing in on her motorcycle. She seems to ride like she flies - fast and seemingly out of control. Her bike is electric blue with black racing stripes, and a big hunk of machinery compared to her small frame. She doesn't wear a helmet, just sunglasses and a leather-looking jacket, and she sits on it bent over, like it's a racing bike. She makes one more line on the pavement as she screeches to a halt in the motorcycle parking area and practically leaps off the bike to run inside. It shuts off when she's already several meters away from it.
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2008-09-22 at 07:28 PM.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

Mig goes over to see what it is that Tess needs.

18. - Top - End - #918

AssassinGuy

Brachial arrives early per normal for him. He heads straight out to the chopper after getting his equipment and begins his normal rearranging of supplies so he knows where everything is.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ritsuko, there are some questions about yesterday's report." Tess taps on her commlink, looking at it as she speaks. "The Auditor is questioning why so much ordinance was expended on a stopover that had nothing to do with any clients until after you landed.

"There is also some question as to why a stop was made in that location, given that it is not in your assigned patrol zone. The pilot's report indicated it was a stop to use a bathroom, but we're at a loss to determine what bathroom any of you might possibly have used, as a check of the buildings there indicates that all of them were closed at the time you landed.

"There might not have been a check into that, but it was also noticed that the client who, as all your reports indicated, 'requested to be transported with his associates', happens to have the same family name as yourself. Can you explain all these discrepancies?"

As Tess questions Mig, Gatto walks in, breezes through gear acquisition, and heads out to Kitty. Once there, she inspects her seat, then proceeds to let her eyes go slitted as she cleans it. Better safe than sorry.
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2008-09-23 at 06:19 PM.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

"Yes, ma'am, I can explain them, although my understanding of DocWagon policy is that we do not delve into the personal affiliations of clients. Providing an explanation in full would violate that policy." She waits to see if Tess wishes an explanation anyway.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

Tess purses her lips and looks up at Mig with eyes that have narrowed just a little bit. "When it involves a potential misuse of company equipment, it is better to err on the side of the explanation, over the side of client privacy."

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

"As you wish," she says, then launches into the explanation. She keeps to the truth as much as she is able to, couching only enough lies to keep the story presented last night plausible. "As you pointed out there are not a lot of locations open that time of night. However, the client in question who is, incidentally, a blood relation, being my father's brother, has a safehouse in the area, which I knew of and that I had access to to let us in. What I didn't know at the time was that there was a meeting going on there with the client and several of his associates, one that was breaking up. As they were leaving, they were attacked by a group with which his organization has had problems before, and, as some of the associates in question were old friends, not to mention that my uncle was there, I was overzealous in my use of ammunition in my attempts to defend them. I freely admit that, and I will accept any reprimand required for my unwarranted expenditure of ammunition. While that may not have been strictly within company policy, there was threat to a client and to us. I should also add that I have no current affiliation with the organization in question aside from my familial relationship to one of its members. My application to this position was fueled by a desire to be a legitimate and productive member of society, not to drag DocWagon into the mud."

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ogre in the Playground

Tess seems to buy the story. "Alright. I understand your reticence to include that information in your report. We don't officially sanction the use of company equipment on behalf of family members, but as long as they're clients, it's generally okay. In the future, if you have this kind of issue again, you should note your familial relationship in the report. When you leave it out, it looks like you're hiding something."

She looks back at her commlink and taps it again. "You need to get moving for your shift."

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

"Yes, ma'am. I will remember it in the future. Apologies. I didn't consider it relevant." She bows slightly to Tess, then heads over to acquire her gear, then makes her way to the copter.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Grunty

Grunty checked out the bars on his way home. With his still fresh gunshot wound, he didn't feel much like carousing but he definitly wanted some beers.

So he decided to check out 'Cerri'.

(Let's see if their soybeer is any good.)

And so Grunty had a few beers. It takes a few to make an ork feel anything. What with his body mass and all.

He knew that he would have a slight hangover next morning but hell, that hole in his belly told he earned himself some nice things.

And a tasty beer is a nice thing.

Next morning, Grunty just manages to arrive in time. Which is just as well since it means he isn't the first one to be chewed out by Tess.

Grunty does what all soldiers do when a sergeant is passing down crap. He keeps quiet and out of the way.

Too bad he can't really hide behind any of the others.

So he just listens in to Mig's story, taking his pointers from her.

As she talks, he tries to think up something to feed Tess if she should ask him. Something along 'Mam, if I'm acting as support gunner for my squad and some motorized rifle elements move in to attack, I lay down suppressive fire. That's what I do. Got that reflex drilled into me, I did. Might point out it worked too. Our C.O.s frowned on excessive use of ammunition too, but they never argued with success, mam.'

He's still quite relieved that Tess seems to be satisfied with Mig's story.

Counting his blessings, he just goes to quickly change into his camo gear. He just takes a moment to check if the bullet holes had been fixed. Then he goes to get his gear. Same loadout as the two previous days.

Finally, Grunty joins his teammates at the copter.

"He, we got off lightly. Wonder how often D.W. employees played favourites with their own family before they gave up on trying to stomp that out."

Lycar

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

Everyone is at the helicopter already by the time Tinkerbelle comes running out of the building, carrying her uniform instead of wearing it. It's 8:57, and most of the other helicopters have already lifted off, but she's grinning. Who knows about what. She yanks off her jacket as she runs up. The engine starts up and the lights inside Kitty flicker before she even gets there.

"Sorry. My fault we're late. I forget who we're relieving, but he can bitch to me and I won't blame anyone else." She tosses her jacket at Brachial when she gets close and starts hopping into her uniform. "Good thing they pay the mechanics the big bucks. No time for a pre-flight."
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2008-09-25 at 10:24 AM.

27. - Top - End - #927

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial pulls open a lower door as Tink runs out, then turns, catching Tink's jacket without too much trouble. [Welcome to the party,] he says over the comm as he stuffs it into the cabinet out of the way. [Lets just hope they weren't thinking 'Oh, they'll catch it in preflight.'] He grins slightly as the others get aboard. [Everyone ready for another long night of saving people's lives?]

28. - Top - End - #928
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

[More like another night of being shot at.] Despite the words, there's a slight humor to her tone and she says to Gatto, "Looks like you've got a smudge on your forehead."

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

Tinkerbelle settles for having both her legs in the uniform, and nothing else for now. As she jumps into the helicopter, the rotors start turning. [Alright, ladies and gents, we are running late, so buckle up and hold on to your dinners. This will be your only warning.]

"I do not," Gatto says, sounding uncertain. She scowls a little and rubs her nose, looking at her hand to see if anything rubs off while strapping herself in with her other hand. "Give me a mirror."
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2008-09-26 at 07:03 PM.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Grunty

"You have to rub a little harder." says Grunty with a straight face.

Lycar