New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1499
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 4: Where Every Week Is Shark Week

Boilwater Bay

The archway is complete now, looking like a door into an unassuming brick room with hardwood floor. Sekhmet had dragged herself out of the water as well, and is staring at it wide-eyed. "I know this place." She suddenly starts running up the beach towards the arch. "Come on Prumathe! It's alright!"
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Bugbear in the Playground

Anika and Blanche in... The Moonwell of Mysteries

Those armaments are impressive, but Blanche doesn't have the mind to ogle them at the moment as they tear into the descending creatures. She simply grunts in irritation, knowing her sidearm doesn't have nearly enough force to help against those things. Instead she focuses on the treeline, readying to fire at anything that bursts through the underbrush. Their new allies seemed to suspect something would do so before the flock emerged. But doubt lingers in her mind as to whether or not she could even punch through those pit fiends' armor with this thing. So she slides the weapon back into its holster and attempts to purloin the closest goblin's sidearm, expecting it to be much more of a hand cannon than her current armament.

She doesn't need to be told twice and clambers into the boat, making an effort to pull Anika in with her. "Move! I've got you covered!" She barks, training her aim on the brush behind them.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Orc in the Playground

Boilwater Bay

Prumathe follows, but he's got a bad feeling about this. "Wait, Sekhmet! What about our clothes? And your present!" Which is lying next to the tent he put up for them to change in. He's running too, and despite what he says he'll follow his girlfriend and won't make a diversion to the tent unless she does.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Troll in the Playground

Boilwater Bay

"They'll still be there when we get back!" There's no one else around; Sekhmet doesn't expect thieves, and this is far more important. She's through the arch and standing in the room beyond grinning wildly. The voices from the arch continue, although there's no visible source. "Did you hear that? It sounded like..." "But I don't see anyone. Maybe they're invisible?" "They could be on the other side of the gate." "Of course they are! We're on this side, and they're on that side!"

My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Orc in the Playground

Boilwater Bay

"And if we go through and it closes, we'll be stuck in gods-know-where wearing nothing but wet swimming costumes!" Which might be awkward, but not awkward enough to discourage Prumathe from following Sekhmet.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Troll in the Playground

Boilwater Bay

Sekhmet isn't paying attention to Prumathe now. She steps around the doorway in the other room, disappearing from view, but her voice drifts from the arch. "Hi? "Uh, I'm home." Prumathe should be through now. The room is much warmer than the beach, and the ceiling is low, to the point that if he's around 2 meters tall or more, he'll have to stoop. Sekhmet is standing just around the corner of the archway, facing an elderly gnome couple who have shocked expressions on their faces.

My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Orc in the Playground

Not Boilwater Bay

Prumathe does follow, and he has to stoop a little. He's still trying to follow Sekhmet, and when he sees the gnomes he smiles sheepishly and raises a hand in a wave. He really hopes they're not really old-fashioned and think of swimming gear as those striped suits that go to knees and elbow.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Troll in the Playground

Not Boilwater Bay

They are, but critiquing his fashion choices is not very high priority. Rather, they're busy staring at Sekhmet in all her dripping wet fiendish glory. Then the questions start coming. "Sekhmet? What happened to you?" "Where have you been?" "What on Earth are you wearing?" "Who's this fellow?" Sekhmet stammers out a partial response. "It's, uh, a long story. Auntie, Uncle, this is Prumathe. Prumathe, my Aunt and Uncle." She pauses for breath, "Prumathe and I are, uh, courting." Sekhmet's uncle turns to Prumathe. "To court my niece, you are either very kind or raving mad. I'd wager on the former. Marvin Octothorpe, at your service, and this is my wife, Esmeralda."

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Marlick Bay]

Well.

There's a pretty decent amount of magic getting thrown around now, isn't there?

The disorienting spell that Anchor just cast is enough to snap the clerk out of it. He's left blinking owlishly and looking quite confused.

"Wha... what happened?"

As for everyone else?

Well...

There's a steady procession toward the sea.

The fact that it is absolutely pitch black outside doesn't appear to be bothering anyone as they trek off toward their doom.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

10. - Top - End - #1030

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post

Those armaments are impressive, but Blanche doesn't have the mind to ogle them at the moment as they tear into the descending creatures. She simply grunts in irritation, knowing her sidearm doesn't have nearly enough force to help against those things. Instead she focuses on the treeline, readying to fire at anything that bursts through the underbrush. Their new allies seemed to suspect something would do so before the flock emerged. But doubt lingers in her mind as to whether or not she could even punch through those pit fiends' armor with this thing. So she slides the weapon back into its holster and attempts to purloin the closest goblin's sidearm, expecting it to be much more of a hand cannon than her current armament.

She doesn't need to be told twice and clambers into the boat, making an effort to pull Anika in with her. "Move! I've got you covered!" She barks, training her aim on the brush behind them.

Blanche's guess is good as just then another one of those hounds that she fought against at the other moon well bursts through the underbrush. She just manages to grab the goblins side arm, something that earns her a panicked look from its owner, and shoot the creature in the head just as it was about to pounce on them.

Instead, she have opened a hole right through its head, causing the hound to collapse on the ground and starts to dissolve into thin air.

"Nice shot!" Anika shouts at her as she on the catgirls insistance gives the boat a last push into the water before jumping into it. The two goblins soon behind her. They jump in one at the time so one of them always will be able to shot at the creature above them.

However, at this point they're close enough to swoop down at the party. While the soldiers managed to shot down another one and injured another one of them now dives for the boat and attempts to grab the tallest person onboard, namely the druid. She ducks under its talons however and counters by shoving her staff right into the creatures crotch with so much force that the raven-demon seem to freeze mid-air and fall over into the shallow waters in front of them.

More of the creatures appears to be preparing to swoop in though while it also seem like both soldiers are running dry on ammo. One of them starting to reload, seemingly a relatively lenghty process, while the other one is going for his side-arm (the one Blanche didn't grab). The creatures size does make it hard for them to dive at them more than one at the time.

But then one of the creatures suddenly land near Blanche, its beak striking out to peck her chest with deadly force. In addition, she can see more hounds bursting through the underbrush. It appears like there is a significant demonic force here now.

Thankfully, the boat is already a fair distance out in the water by now. Now too far for Blanche to reach, but the hounds might be forced to swim if they can just get the engine going quickly.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-11-10 at 07:21 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Marlick Bay]

Well, we've got here an Occultist, a Wizard, an Illusionist, and a particularly magical Paladin.
    I should hope they have a pretty decent amount of magic.

"People are hypnoitized by that awful sound. Help stop them."
    Anchor waves her hands around and draws several pairs of heavy earmuffs from the darkness of the inn and presses them into the guy's hands.
    On one level, the earmuffs are flimsy things - they'll vanish with sunrise. On another, they're quite solid, and hopefully will help people deal with that sound.

Then she runs outside and speaks the spell again at the nearest enthralled person. It's an easy spell. She can keep doing this...well, not all night. But several more times! And if the entire town is hypnotized...

The shadow slips past Sekhmet and Benedict, barely visible.
    Here's the room.
    And Zophiel's gone, exactly the sort of thing they'd warned Anchor would happen, isn't it? There, the broken window. It jumps, lands lightly, and chases after the paladin. Towards the shore. They're all going to the water. At least he hasn't gone far.
    They trie to grab Zophiel's shadow by the shoulders and shake it. It's not subtle, the real Zophiel may even feel it. Get ahold of yourselves! What do you paladins think they're doing, huh? Of course, given the siren song of the sea, it's entirely possible that Zophiel doesn't pay attention, or that he leaves his shadow behind and keeps walking.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #1032

Operation Sea Slug

Sadly the lich doesn't really seem to be listening her mind seem to be elsewhere as she continues climbing down. She does seem to have time for Titania's questions however once they're walking through the room together.
    "Followers? Them? I'm no empress or goddess, Tititania." She certainly seems to have problems pronoucing the name. "I'm just a part of something greater, or was a part of." The orbs in the lich eyes seem to flicker, like she was blinking. "Where was I going with this? Ah, yes, your leader really reminds me of a young me you know? A woman like that can go far, I'll tell you that much. Can't comment on the rest of you though. Really quiet bunch."

"About 17 minutes and 20 seconds." Sargera remarks with a look at Will as the rest of the gnolls seem to be out enjoying their restored size. "She was using the old imperial method of time measurement, Tholl. Or is switching between it an the mainland one at the very least. Worried that she might have some memory troubles, which I'm not sure is due to her life before or after becoming a lich. It might be natural though after being asleep for so long though so I'm not sure how much we should be concerned. The idea however is that I'm going to have a few of us coming along with her while the rest go back to the boat. This discovery... it's beyond anything we've ever seen before. There is so much here that we need to catalogue, and I don't even know how this would even work legally. Ancient lich bunkers aren't usually mentioned in the books of law."

"Hey, could I come with her?" Tammy inquires as she raises her hand into the air. "I could learn so much. That bone-lady is really cool!"

Sargera shakes her head. "Afraid I need you here Tammy. Wherever she's going might be somewhere quite dangerous even if it wasn't back in her days. Will has to come along of course, then someone else from my team." Sargera scratches her chin.

An Unusual Ritual

The demon nods. "If you say so, I won't decline the offer. Since there was one thing I was especially curious about, what was it that made you consider becoming a demon, or daemon as it may be, lady Jezebel? Since turning yourself into a non-person, that's bit a easy decision to take. And becoming an incarnation of evil, some would say that's beyond twisted." Her both eyebrows raise as she seem to study Jezebel's expression.

13. - Top - End - #1033

Default Re: [Marlick Bay]

[Marlick Bay]

Zophiel is peacefully walking when his shadow is violently shaken.

He's shaken, too. Right. He needs to fight against this. He's unable to stop walking, but he manages to slowly raise his hands to his ears. With the sound still reverberating off the magical seal, it doesn't stop him completely because he can still hear it. He still walks, delaminating from his shadow.

But, without the source of the echo - the sound entering his ears - echoes always die down eventually. Once it decreases enough, its power no longer has hold over him.

He stops.

Trying to figure out how to stop this from happening again, he looks around for some way to block his ears without moving his hands too far from their spot on his ears. He manages to see...not much, actually. Two shadows, neither of which are connected to him. That's weird.

With no other choice (except for damaging his ears, of course) he decides to instead damage the magic seal. He slides his arms back so his forearms still cover his ears, and his hands can reach his back. He just needs to make a small change...here and...here! There! Hopefully that's just barely enough to make him strong enough and will limit the seal's ability to amplify the sound in him.
    Shortly after he does so, black lines spread along his skin, superficial to where his arteries are located.
    He's still feeling the pull, but now he's strong enough to fight against it.

But if he heads closer to the source, the sound will get louder, right? Zophiel tears of strips from his wet shirt and rolls them into earplugs. There, once he puts them in that should help dampen the sound.

He looks at the shadow that's not his. "I'm going to see if I can find the source," he says as he prepares and puts in his earplugs. "Come along, if you think you can help."

Okay, ready.
    The paladin turns back in the direction of the sea and runs at top speed towards it, hoping he can get there in time before people start drowning. The best way to protect his employer and everyone else is to stop the problem, right?

His shadow lags behind him as he runs.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

14. - Top - End - #1034

Blanche shouts in alarm as the creature touches down and makes a vicious strike for her, leaning back out of its reach and using the rocking momentum of the boat to step backwards before raising the sidearm and attempting to blast a hole through its extended throat.

"Anika! Get that engine started ASAP, and reload that rifle! We can't have both these guys out of commission because they're too busy reloading those things to keep these goddamn vultures off of us!" Assuming the bird is dead, she will attempt to shove its corpse off the boat to keep it from weighing them down, before turning her aim to the sky and covering Anika as best she can.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Orc in the Playground

Not Boilwater Bay

"Um, hi. Yeah, I'm Prumathe. Sorry, we were, uh, at the beach when this glowy door opened up and Sekhmet ran through it." He's looking quite awkward, since he's aware he's just met the closest things Sekhmet has to parents whilst dripping wet and nearly naked. "Prumathe Darrezo. It's a pleasure to meet you, if a bit of a surprise." He holds his hand out to shake, and if taken his grip is quite firm but he'll try not to squeeze too hard.

Marlick Bay

"Now? Well, now I know that worked, I try to protect myself if the effect strengthens, and snap my manservant out of it." After he's spoken, he draws the same white symbol in the air in front of his bronze-masked minion, freeing it from the effect. He should really go back to his room, gather some supplies to investigate this strange call, but... Well, it might have finished by then. He does point at the bronze-masked revenant and then at his room, miming a chest. The figure nods and turns to walk away.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Troll in the Playground

Not Boilwater Bay

The gnome's handshake is also firm, but tiny, so it relatively doesn't seem like much. "A pleasure. We don't have long until the portal closes and we have a lot of questions." "They can't stay here with us?" Marvin shakes his head disapproving at Esmeralda as Sekhmet responds, "I can't stay here.", but then the two gnomes share a knowing look. "Then is there anything you want to take with you? Come along, let's look around." Sekhmet is led out of the room, as Marvin continues. "I have a few questions for you, lad."

Marlick Bay

"We have to help those people!" Sekhmet's illusory words continue. She runs towards the hypnotized people, selecting the nearest one and trying to shake them out of it.

My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Orc in the Playground

Not Boilwater Bay

"Uh, sure! Ask away. Um, is there somewhere I can sit? I'm used to slightly higher ceilings." He's not very stooped, but it's just enough to be a little uncomfortable. And it'd make it easier to look Marvin in the eye. Which would likely help, too. He is a little wet, though. So probably not a sofa or armchair, most likely a floor.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Troll in the Playground

Not Boilwater Bay

"Sorry about that. You're a little wet for the furniture, so we can sit on the floor if you don't mind." He'll sit down, cross-legged. "I want you to tell me about Sekhmet. What do you think of her?"

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #1039

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post

Blanche shouts in alarm as the creature touches down and makes a vicious strike for her, leaning back out of its reach and using the rocking momentum of the boat to step backwards before raising the sidearm and attempting to blast a hole through its extended throat.

"Anika! Get that engine started ASAP, and reload that rifle! We can't have both these guys out of commission because they're too busy reloading those things to keep these goddamn vultures off of us!" Assuming the bird is dead, she will attempt to shove its corpse off the boat to keep it from weighing them down, before turning her aim to the sky and covering Anika as best she can.

She blasts a hole through it's neck, though while it causes the creature to topple out of the boat, she can see that the wound is already starting to close. Similarly, one of the creatures that the goblins shot down is slowly taking to the skies again but it's unlikely it will pose a threat to them right now.

The soldier switching to his sidearm glances at Blanche. "I'm not- gnejusamit!" He suddenly swears as another demon-raven comes swooping down at them. He fires several shots and the creature crashes in the water nearby.
    This gives Anika time to actually properly obey orders for once and get the engine going. She doesn't even have time to look at the weapon before two things happen. The stunned raven that ended up crashing in front of the boat suddenly spasms to life as they're passing by it. It violently trashes about, causing water and sand to fly everywhere.
    Secondly, yet another raven is diving for them though as the engine is now running it will have to speed up to catch up.

20. - Top - End - #1040

[Marlick Bay]

Ah good, our four heroes (if one can rightfully call Benny a hero) appear to have gathered their wits. That's good! Drowning is notoriously bad for you.

The clerk nods, somewhat dumbfounded, as the earmuffs are shoved into his arms. His employer looks frightened. And a bit perturbed. However! They both move to try to shake some sense back into their guards. The earmuffs don't seem to help a great deal, nor does the application of both earmuffs and shaking. But when the clerk pulls off one of his sopping wet slippers and slaps the guard with it, eliciting a solid sounding splat, THAT finally does the trick.

Sekhmet begins shaking one the goldleaf guards to much the same effect. The woman continues shuffling through the mud, trying to move around her toward her doom. Shaking alone doesn't appear to be sufficient.

Anchor's efforts prove a bit more effective, freeing the scarred half-elf Terza from the song. She is immediately livid. "What in the nine hells is going on!" she hollers over the keening as she moves to grab Anchor by the shoulders with one hand and goes for a boot dagger with the other. "Are you doing this? What's that noise? Answer me!"

As for the manservant, nothing will prevent it from heading back up the stairs.

And the paladin?

Well.

He runs off toward the sea!

He'll arrive just in time to see several entranced people amble off into the surf, vanishing in the waves. And several more are getting perilously close. Between the storm and the fact that it's night, it is VERY dark at the moment. Hopefully the paladin has some way to see. Otherwise the most he'll be able to make out are vague shapes and lots of noise. Even with a source of light, there isn't any obvious culprit connected to the droning lure. It's coming from the ocean, certainly. But sadly there aren't any sirens perched on rocks to focus his wrath on.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Marlick Bay]

Protagonists, let's say.

Well, she recovered fast. But she recovered, that's important.
    "I just saved you! These people are still under a spell, coming from the water. Take this and help!" Anchor says, offering Terza some earmuffs with the ungrabbed arm. With her next breath Anchor once again casts d̟̪̯̟̽̋̌ ̠͚͔̝̰͑̑̉̉ͣͬͣ͗́ẻ̐҉̥͕̯͍̺ at someone nearby. One of the other goldleaf guards, perhaps.
    Hopefully Terza gets the picture and starts being useful, there's really no time to explain things to her, especially when Anchor doesn't know what's up herself.

Anchor's shadow races after Zophiel. It's not as fast as he is.
    But once they arrive at the shore it will head right down under the surf and try to get a sense of what's down there.
    Shadows can, of course, 'see' just fine in the dark.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Troll in the Playground

Marlick Bay

Benedict can't even be called an antihero, honestly. He's a full-on villain, or at least an antivillain.

Sekhmet desperately continues the shaking to no effect. When she realizes it won't work, she hunts around for something to stuff into the woman's ears. It's raining, there's probably mud around here somewhere, right?

My Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #1043

[Marlick Bay]

Zophiel takes a moment to get a picture of what's going on.

Shoot.
    He's already too late.
    There's probably some people already drowned, and unless the people going underwater right now are holding their breath, there's no way he can get to them all. He has no way to make them capable of breathing underwater. Zophiel doesn't know a surefire way to wake them up and any moment wasted experimenting is one more person who drowns. He can't immediately see anything so if he just blindly dives into the water, nothing will change.

Times like these are when he wishes he could use all that versatile all-purpose magic so many people seem to have. He sees that shadow slip into the water. "Good luck."

He looks around, trying to find something he can use. Anything.

Then, he spots it: ropes. There's lots of ropes here. Ropes attached to anchors unused, ropes that hold the sails together, and any other spare ropes he can find lying around. He cuts them loose with his sword, if necessary.

After tossing his sword and all but a few of the ropes farther ashore for later use, Zophiel quickly ties some water bowlines, large enough to put around someone.

Starting with the people farthest in the water that he can still reach, he tries to force the knot around them and carry or even drag them back ashore so he can tie them to posts or other structures. "Hey! Wake up!" he shouts at them, because shouting doesn't waste any time and if it happens to wake them up that's one more set of hands that can be used to stop drownings.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Operation Sea Slug

Sadly the lich doesn't really seem to be listening her mind seem to be elsewhere as she continues climbing down. She does seem to have time for Titania's questions however once they're walking through the room together.
    "Followers? Them? I'm no empress or goddess, Tititania." She certainly seems to have problems pronoucing the name. "I'm just a part of something greater, or was a part of." The orbs in the lich eyes seem to flicker, like she was blinking. "Where was I going with this? Ah, yes, your leader really reminds me of a young me you know? A woman like that can go far, I'll tell you that much. Can't comment on the rest of you though. Really quiet bunch."

"About 17 minutes and 20 seconds." Sargera remarks with a look at Will as the rest of the gnolls seem to be out enjoying their restored size. "She was using the old imperial method of time measurement, Tholl. Or is switching between it an the mainland one at the very least. Worried that she might have some memory troubles, which I'm not sure is due to her life before or after becoming a lich. It might be natural though after being asleep for so long though so I'm not sure how much we should be concerned. The idea however is that I'm going to have a few of us coming along with her while the rest go back to the boat. This discovery... it's beyond anything we've ever seen before. There is so much here that we need to catalogue, and I don't even know how this would even work legally. Ancient lich bunkers aren't usually mentioned in the books of law."

"Hey, could I come with her?" Tammy inquires as she raises her hand into the air. "I could learn so much. That bone-lady is really cool!"

Sargera shakes her head. "Afraid I need you here Tammy. Wherever she's going might be somewhere quite dangerous even if it wasn't back in her days. Will has to come along of course, then someone else from my team." Sargera scratches her chin.

An Unusual Ritual

The demon nods. "If you say so, I won't decline the offer. Since there was one thing I was especially curious about, what was it that made you consider becoming a demon, or daemon as it may be, lady Jezebel? Since turning yourself into a non-person, that's bit a easy decision to take. And becoming an incarnation of evil, some would say that's beyond twisted." Her both eyebrows raise as she seem to study Jezebel's expression.
    Operation Sea Slug

"To be fair, i suspect you completely surprised them and shocked them into silence. Though Sargera seems to be quite ambitious and capable. I would not expect her to remain stunned for long."
    Titania points out, dropping the last few feet off the ladder once she gets down far enough. "What is it that you are doing now however?

An Unusual Ritual

Jezebel doesn't bother to hide her frown at the question and takes a moment to tuck her nightgown under herself as she settles down on the lip of the blood basin in order to take a seat. "That is perhaps the most loaded question I've ever been asked, but I will entertain an answer I suppose. You act as if there was just one decision, one moment and one choice that decided everything. That can't be further from the truth. The path to Daemonhood isn't so clear cut. It was years of individual decisions, so many that even now in retrospect I cannot point to a single instance in time that I settled upon the path. It is many right choices and wrong choices both that sent me on that path. Some as simple as taking the left or right tunnel, others as complicated as deciding to make a sacrifice to the fell Prince I once served." She explains, crossing her arms and curling her tail around her stomach in an attempt to make her feel comfortable in these strange surroundings.

"It is so incredibly easy for those who don't understand to say that it was an obvious "evil" choice that sets someone on such a path, but I did so in order to save those who relied upon me and have borne the mark of Heretic proudly for it. But I suspect that is something you already understand, isn't it?" Jezebel asks before sighing and shaking her head. "And evil? Again, that twists and misconstrues the truth. Daemons aren't evil. Primal, born of emotion and concept and sensation, certainly. But they are no more evil than the a tidal wave or asteroid impact. Morality has little to do with what drives the daemons where I am from. It is the will of their foul creators and the beliefs of their followers that shape them. A daemon born of blood and battle will always thrive and thirst for such, but one born of hope and light will continue to bring such with it wherever it goes."

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ogre in the Playground

[Operation Sea Slug]

Will nods. He’s glad he won’t have to argue with Sargrera to come. Like hell he’s leaving Titania behind.
    ”If things were really hairy we would hear it. The demon enhancements aren’t going to make Titania a quieter fighter. But there could be stuff that won’t bother Lannereth that might bother us.” Will remembers to check the battery on his pistol. He very nearly lost it when that goop demon attacked him.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Orc in the Playground

Not Boilwater Bay

"No, I don't mind at all. Uh, Sekhmet? She's really nice. Shy, and nervous, but... She's starting to get out of her shell at work and make friends. The boss is impressed with her, too. He wanted an illusionist, and she's pretty good at it. She's getting better at the other stuff, the metallurgy and... I think it's origami, that Pontius asked for her secondary craft skill. Oh! Right, so I'm an apprentice for a golemcrafter named Pontius. He's a gnome, and when she asked, he gave her an apprenticeship too. I do stonework and woodcarving. Um, what else... Well, a few weeks ago she missed a week of work because something happened. She's not told me what, yet, but it gave her the wings and everything else she has now. But I still think she's pretty and a wonderful person, and I want to get to know her better." He sits on the floor, kneeling rather than sitting cross-legged so Marvin doesn't get an accidental look of something he'd rather not see.

Marlick Bay

Benedict totally ignores Sekhmet and her efforts at saving the others. He barely even bothered to read her illusory words.

The bronze-masked minion returns with the box, and Benedict grins as it's put down in front of him. He traces a symbol on top of the box and the lid disappears. Inside, there's a sabre with a hilt made of bone in a brown leather sheath and with a swordbelt, which he pulls out and buckles about his waist. Next, he removes a humanoid skull which has been etched with delicate flowers and vines. Then he traces the symbol back where the lid should be, and the box is closed again. He'll face the sea and trace a finger in white in the air, creating a lens upon which a translation of any words in the song will appear. If it works, he'll put a hand on it and move it with him as he walks toward the sea, reading the translation. If not, he'll abandon it and head to the coast. Whatever's going on is in that direction, so that's where he'll learn the most useful information.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Troll in the Playground

Post Re: Seaside 4: Where Every Week Is Shark Week

Not Boilwater Bay

"I see. It's good to hear that she's doing well." Still the description of the wing incident seems to worry Marvin. "You wouldn't happen to know anything else, about what gave her those wings?" He sounds concerned, but there's something in his expression which hints that he might be probing for a specific answer to his question.
    Last edited by bc56; 2019-11-11 at 06:44 PM.

My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Orc in the Playground

Not Boilwater Bay

"No, I'm afraid I don't. Whatever it was, it knocked her for six. But she's been getting better. She stays at a place called the Good League of Good, and they're all about helping people. Why? Is there something you think I should be aware of?" Prumathe's a little worried now, but for Sekhmet. "I want to help your daughter, sir. I don't want to hurt her, or see her hurt." He's serious, too. And he didn't deliberately call Sekhmet Marvin's daughter to get sympathy; he did it because that's what he thinks the relationship is.

29. - Top - End - #1049

The Vasa

Kosh happily heads below decks, absent-mindedly looking for more things to do. He does spot the light down below as he walks past a porthole, pausing and glancing out at it. Ay what's uh... what's that then? He asks whoever's nearby.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Troll in the Playground

Not Boilwater Bay

"I just want what's best for her, you understand." Marvin looks thoughtful. "Maybe you should be. You see, some time ago, I managed to find information about Sekhmet's birth. Not the full story, but enough. However, my wife forbade me from telling her, for fear that the knowledge would hurt her; it's not exactly pleasant information. Perhaps I could tell you, and if it ever becomes relevant, you could tell her?"

My Nexus characters