New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

I don't know what possessed me. I really don't. But despite having exhausted my luck, I decided on one more Realm Lucky pull, on V. I have a ton of V relics, so it will probably be a dupe. Or a disappointment. Or a disappointing dupe.

1/11, rainbow. Already not a great sign. And it's... Cat-ear Hood. Krile's LMR. A +Fire hat that gives her W-Cast Fire. Huh. I mean, I don't have a lot for Krile - I have her BSB1 and both SSBs, that's it. So, okay, she's Fire-focused.

But do you know what I have, V-wise? I have Bartz's Fire BSB, and his full dive complete with W-Cast SPB LM. I have Galuf's Fire BSB with Imperil Fire, and his W-Cast MNK LMR. I have GILGAMESH's Fire CSB, and his W-Cast SAM LMR.

So, in essence, I have Gil's Fire Chain, with W-Cast Fire SAM abilities. I have Galuf's Imperil Fire BSB, with W-Cast Fire MNK abilities. I have Bartz's Fire BSB, with W-Cast Fire SPB abilities. And now, in addition to Krile's Fire BSB, she has W-Cast Fire BLM abilities. I will be W-Casting everything and everything will be on fire and Gil's Chain will completely explode forever.

Was Krile's LMR a great pull in a vacuum? No. Was it a great pull considering team composition? Oh, my, yes.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2018-11-19 at 09:48 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Congratulations on the pull.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

3. - Top - End - #363
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Nice V fire team you got there, Red Fel, congratulations.

I'm almost done on the Realm LDs. There's ll, VI and IX left. My most recent pulls were on Tactics, getting me two dupes of Orlando's USB and Montblanc's dancer RLM, and on XIII, where I got Lightning's ASB and Snow's CSB - making it my THIRD Ice Chain.

And it's rumored to be excellent in combination with his USB I also have - an Ice Chain with some party healing stock and a USB with Ice retaliate and radiant Shield. And along Laguna and Celes, makes for a decent core for a Physical Ice team. There's even Xezat and Delita on the reserve.

I combined Orlando's USB Swords and my Terra's bracers into 8* .

I'm tempted to pull at least on the Magicians LD. Have 5 dupe relics there, but it's still around 2/3 new stuff. Not gonna any of the gem only this time. Still paying new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

4. - Top - End - #364
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I don't know what possessed me. I really don't. But despite having exhausted my luck, I decided on one more Realm Lucky pull, on V. I have a ton of V relics, so it will probably be a dupe. Or a disappointment. Or a disappointing dupe.

1/11, rainbow. Already not a great sign. And it's... Cat-ear Hood. Krile's LMR. A +Fire hat that gives her W-Cast Fire. Huh. I mean, I don't have a lot for Krile - I have her BSB1 and both SSBs, that's it. So, okay, she's Fire-focused.

But do you know what I have, V-wise? I have Bartz's Fire BSB, and his full dive complete with W-Cast SPB LM. I have Galuf's Fire BSB with Imperil Fire, and his W-Cast MNK LMR. I have GILGAMESH's Fire CSB, and his W-Cast SAM LMR.

So, in essence, I have Gil's Fire Chain, with W-Cast Fire SAM abilities. I have Galuf's Imperil Fire BSB, with W-Cast Fire MNK abilities. I have Bartz's Fire BSB, with W-Cast Fire SPB abilities. And now, in addition to Krile's Fire BSB, she has W-Cast Fire BLM abilities. I will be W-Casting everything and everything will be on fire and Gil's Chain will completely explode forever.

Was Krile's LMR a great pull in a vacuum? No. Was it a great pull considering team composition? Oh, my, yes.
    I've basically got the same Fire team going, only I also have Krile's File CSB, and her Fire BSB. And all of the multi-cast LM/RM for Spellblade for Bartz, its crazy once her gets Lone Traveler up during a fire chain and unleashes blazing quadstrike followed by 8-strike barrage.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

5. - Top - End - #365

RedWizardGuy

Did the Mage's LD, and got Ashes's Glint. Well, not the Dreamed USB or Chain pull, but quite effective for a character that starts with the en element and has en element on a BSB that also has pretty good commands.

Maybe I will pull on the the DPS pull tomorrow, if I get yet another Ball I will just laugh it off like Tidus.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

And because I don't think about these things, I did one more Realm Lucky, this time for VI. 1/11, Dancing Mad, Kefka's BSB. A dupe.

Message received.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I'm in a bit of a conundrum.

See, the Gem Draws are here, as you already know. There's a lot of nice USBs there, but of course, one in particular grabs my attention: the one that has always eluded me. That one is, of course, Paladin Cecil's Force Shield, aka the Paladin Wall. It's outright tempting to just shell $30 and call it a day, but I had a recent, albeit planned, expenditure (Diablo III and Civ VI for the Switch - too much of a siren's song NOT to hear). The good thing is, it's high season at work, so I should expect more work hours (and bigger tips, though that's debatable), but it's still not enough to convince me to pay those.

However, there's something I can rely upon. 'Course, it's not the Secret Santa (though, if I were to participate, it wouldn't be a bad gift to ask for; it's just that I don't participate from the Secret Santa at work), but instead it's birthday gift. (For those of you who aren't aware, it was last Friday.)

Therefore, there's the looming family gift. I could always ask for that, or I could ask for something else instead. (Remember when getting clothing for birthdays or Christmas made you salty? As an adult, you start to appreciate those gifts a bit more, when you're suddenly finding yourself needing some clothes; that said, it's not like you don't get salty anymore from clothing gifts, but you appreciate them a bit more.) That way, I secure the Paladin Wall, get a pull on the Gem Draw for more relics, and in case I get the Paladin Wall there (or from the Banner IV pull), I could always cash in something else. (Basch's version of the RikkUltra is always welcome, though I'd love to get his BSB so that he can contribute as well; that way, I can finally properly build the Brothers in Pain, my all-male, all-physical team.)

So, in the eventuality that I get the offer, should I cash it in on the card? I already got a "no" opinion from a friend, but I'm open to convincing.

(And as for the games: playing a Crusader on Diablo III, and sucking badly with the Spaniards on Civ VI.)
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

it is really good for deathgaze who is an absolute slugfest.

The suggestions seem to mostly be

Aerith 2 or elarra for big heals and fast cast
    Ability double types for maximum firepower at the cost of hones.
    Some other ex mode with a chase or the like
    Last edited by darkdragoon; 2018-11-21 at 03:44 PM.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Firbolg in the Playground

Go for it, Oskar!
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    it is really good for deathgaze who is an absolute slugfest.

The suggestions seem to mostly be

Aerith 2 or elarra for big heals and fast cast
    Ability double types for maximum firepower at the cost of hones.
    Some other ex mode with a chase or the like
    I was considering Aerith USB2, but got it on the Healer LD. Now considering Sexcalibur, which would complete my Orlandeau.

Edit: huh, did the T 15 gem draw. Got Sexcalibur. Dunno what USB to select now.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2018-11-21 at 09:46 PM.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ettin in the Playground

Hola all! Long time no see! Been logging in and looking around some, and happened to notice that today I got "Feast tickets" as a log-in thing. What in the world is that for? Also wondering if there have been any new, major paradigm shifting relics in the last 6 or so months?

11. - Top - End - #371

RedWizardGuy

Fest tickets allow for some special dungeons on the special event of this festival, the "Something" Isles. They cost 1 ticket and 1 stamina, 3 waves, with 1 Giant cactuar at the end. XP is like running EXP Dungeon, and also drop orbs, you can go for cristals too.

Relic wise, well, it's mostly getting Chains for your teams, and possibly building a Physical and a Magical element team, because the 5* Magicites have bosses immune to magic and bosses immune to physical. There will be Realm chains, sometime soon.

A new kind of SB, somewhat like a USB but the character gets one special command, whose optimal damage increases after a few turns. And the ASBs, that are usable once in the fight, cost 1.5x SB, and feel like dropping multiple OSBs at once.

The closest to a ubiquitous relic is Elara's USB, but personally I don't care for it on my teams. I means, there's some great relics:

Orlando's USB, giving Dual Cast Knight n Darkness
    Bartz still can do massive damage with several spell blades in a turn with USB and RLM, but now Celes does it too

Squall, Locke and Tidus are the standard's for Ice, Fire and Water DPS, Wind has Cloud, Zidane & Luneth, Vivi and Terra are still the best all purpose DPS mages, due to having a special form on Legend Dive, but others come close enough if you have the right relics and dives.

And supports aren't so weak on 5* Magicites, but still good outside it. Those bosses have Piercing attacks that ignore defense, and their Break resistance is 70%, unlike 3* and 4* who had 80% resistance. The thread with details: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...giving_a_shot/
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

Guys, I just did the Realm Draw for FFI. I got Garland Arcane, BSB2, Master BSB, and Wol (The Blank from Mobius) BSB, as well as a dupe Warrior of Light USB1.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

13. - Top - End - #373

Quote Originally Posted by Jurai View Post
    Guys, I just did the Realm Draw for FFI. I got Garland Arcane, BSB2, Master BSB, and Wol (The Blank from Mobius) BSB, as well as a dupe Warrior of Light USB1.
    Nice!

Have a screenshot?
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

14. - Top - End - #374

BardGuy

XIV got me a stronger Alph but after an initial "let's see how this is gonna be" with Ultima Weapon it seems I need more depth.

To follow up on Paladin Wall
    IV realm banner as mentioned, with a refresh in about six months.

December fest:

should be the last countdown lucky draw:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...jp_relic_draw/

and the actual fest banner, although this is the one with the "off banner chance" so who knows what they will do.
    http://dirge.tv/2018/10/winter-festival-2018-banner-1/

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ettin in the Playground

How long are these 15 mythril first-time pull Realm banners going to stick around for? Like I said, I'm slowly getting back into the game, it's obvious I have quite a bit to catch up on(though, apparently not in terms of relics, as it appears AoSB is still the most recent thing released, with maybe the exception of 150 chain CSB's, which I'm honestly surprised at, for a while there they were releasing new types of relics one after another), and if these Realm banners aren't going to be around for long then I need to grind out a ton of mythril really fast(which won't be hard considering all the realm dungeons I likely have to beat up on) so I can pullon all of them ^^.

16. - Top - End - #376

RedWizardGuy

Those banners should be around for a couple months at least. They are intended to help with Torment, and will be switched for new ones in a few months who are also for 15 mythril and will include up to ASBs.

Also, this Black Friday offer is guaranteed 3/11 for full price. Ok opportunity for beginers, but not worth for most. At least we get the chance to pull on an item LD. I got Dragoon Motes.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayn82 View Post
    Also, this Black Friday offer is guaranteed 3/11 for full price. Ok opportunity for beginers, but not worth for most. At least we get the chance to pull on an item LD. I got Dragoon Motes.
    Well, did it anyway. Survey says: 5/11, four disco and one rainbow.
    • Bablizz Mirage: Reynn's BSB. Actually kind of decent, featuring En-Ice, bonus damage, and a self-heal. Pity it's on a character I'll never use.
    • Demon's Rod: Kuja's OSB. Nuff said.
    • Durandal: Ashe's OSB. And a dupe.
    • Blitz Ace: Tidus' USB. Again. This makes, what, three? Four?
    • Ragnarok: Ashe's USB. Now this looks fun.

Three new relics, at least one very good. Calling this a win.

Happy pulls, all.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ettin in the Playground

Quick question: Where do I get these new 6* ability records at? Some of those spells and spellblade abilities look quite nice, and I have quite a few crystals built up I believe.

19. - Top - End - #379

RedWizardGuy

You get their seeds on the special Torment related Shop with a currency you get by beating Torment dungeons.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ettin in the Playground

You get their seeds on the special Torment related Shop with a currency you get by beating Torment dungeons.
    Well, I see that's going to be a problem. Trying one of those new Torment dungeons right now(keep in mind I fully cleared all of the old ones, and when I last stopped playing I was taking down the Apoc++ stages that had just been released for events(or whatever they were called, not sure if A++ or not, just know they were super tough). and I'm getting my butt whupped. Rawr. I mean, this is freaking pathetic. I may have to say screw trying the all realm-team, and just go with my classic A-team set-up and see how that works, because I just cannot even remotely keep up on healing with Aerith, I have nothing for her except for her original BSB(White materia?) and it's just crap. I need Insta-heals to keep up with that ridiculous Bioga spam that's dishing out 4k damage a pop.

Speaking of, the game gives you a permanent Wall, but will pro/shell stack with that? Would my own wall stack with that? Just wondering because even bringing my A-team, I'm never going to be able to keep up if I can't mitigate a little bit of it's damage.

Edit: And my A-team was a bust. I mean, I did a lot better, but I Just couldn't deal enough damage, and Rosa just wasn't enough by herself with healing duties. I think I may have to try dual-healers and take our Zack or Barret(not sure which). Damn thing was only halfway dead and I had already passed the 31 second mark ><.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2018-11-24 at 03:18 AM.

21. - Top - End - #381

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Well, I see that's going to be a problem. Trying one of those new Torment dungeons right now(keep in mind I fully cleared all of the old ones, and when I last stopped playing I was taking down the Apoc++ stages that had just been released for events(or whatever they were called, not sure if A++ or not, just know they were super tough). and I'm getting my butt whupped. Rawr. I mean, this is freaking pathetic. I may have to say screw trying the all realm-team, and just go with my classic A-team set-up and see how that works, because I just cannot even remotely keep up on healing with Aerith, I have nothing for her except for her original BSB(White materia?) and it's just crap. I need Insta-heals to keep up with that ridiculous Bioga spam that's dishing out 4k damage a pop.

Speaking of, the game gives you a permanent Wall, but will pro/shell stack with that? Would my own wall stack with that? Just wondering because even bringing my A-team, I'm never going to be able to keep up if I can't mitigate a little bit of it's damage.

Edit: And my A-team was a bust. I mean, I did a lot better, but I Just couldn't deal enough damage, and Rosa just wasn't enough by herself with healing duties. I think I may have to try dual-healers and take our Zack or Barret(not sure which). Damn thing was only halfway dead and I had already passed the 31 second mark ><.
    Yeah, you still get use out of Protectga and Shellga.

On all realm v. A team, I find for most realms a mix works best for me. Elarra is my best healer, and so she usually gets fielded. And I may bring in Ramza or Tyro for support. But then I have 3 DPSers per realm.

Or maybe Elarra + 4 DPSers.

Edit: just beat V Neo Torment, 1st and 2nd, with Elarra, Bartz, Gilgamesh, Galuf, Krile.

Also... anyone make Ultima?
    Last edited by danzibr; 2018-11-24 at 09:24 AM.

22. - Top - End - #382

BardGuy

Torment boss defenses go up with each off-realm so it becomes counterproductive past 1, maybe 2.

There are a few fights where you want AOE but that's usually via summons and the occasional sighting of Aegis Strike and Demonsblood.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Troll in the Playground

Relic wise, well, it's mostly getting Chains for your teams, and possibly building a Physical and a Magical element team, because the 5* Magicites have bosses immune to magic and bosses immune to physical. There will be Realm chains, sometime soon.

A new kind of SB, somewhat like a USB but the character gets one special command, whose optimal damage increases after a few turns. And the ASBs, that are usable once in the fight, cost 1.5x SB, and feel like dropping multiple OSBs at once.

The closest to a ubiquitous relic is Elara's USB, but personally I don't care for it on my teams. I means, there's some great relics:

Orlando's USB, giving Dual Cast Knight n Darkness
    Bartz still can do massive damage with several spell blades in a turn with USB and RLM, but now Celes does it too
    A few things to add: the new kind of USB is informally called "Brave USB", because it ALWAYS activates Brave Mode. In essence, it's the USB response to Bursts, except that instead of replacing your Attack and Defend commands with two moves, it replaces Attack with a special move that, as Slayn says, gets better as you use more related abilities. Most "Brave" USBs are damaging moves that end up giving a mini-OSB, and get boosted by using offensive attacks (i.e., Terra's Brave USB replaces her Attack command with a special move that deals Fire BLK damage; at first, it starts kinda weak, but the more BLK commands you use, it gets powered up, until you can unleash a brutal mini-OSB worth of Fire damge, possibly NE as well), or Healer Brave USBs that work a ST Cura/Curaga into a solid mini-Medica. They are gimmicky, but are useful for 5* Magicite battles, which have a "Savage Mode" that boosts their stats unless you blast them with Overflow damage. Also, get used to more access to Overflow damage, because of upcoming Soul Breaks.

Orlandeau's USB is another kind of USB, one which grants "Ability Double". This allows you to consume 2 uses of a single ability to use the move twice, 100% chance (unlike with Legend Materia, which has a much lower chance). Orlandeau's one happens to grant a nice boost to ATK (Shout is no longer that ubiquitous) and 100% Crit chance. Orlandeau is one of the outliers, having an Ability Double USB that works with two schools; most work with only one (i.e. Vivi and Palom for BLK, Minwu for WHM, and so on). The other exception is Gau, who has Ability Double for Combat and Celerity (in fact, that SB made Gau a surprisingly good choice).

For completion, the other kinds of USBs are Chasers (follow up a specific ability with another action, usually an attack), Ability Boost (increases damage from abilities of a specific school, usually by 30%, stacking with everything else), Finishers (when USB mode ends, you unleash a final attack that deals Overflow damage based on how many times you used certain actions, such as abilities from a certain school) and...well, highly enhanced versions of Super SBs.

Oh yeah, and...as for Celes, she has Ability Double for Spellblade, with an Ability Boost as well.

Squall, Locke and Tidus are the standard's for Ice, Fire and Water DPS, Wind has Cloud, Zidane & Luneth, Vivi and Terra are still the best all purpose DPS mages, due to having a special form on Legend Dive, but others come close enough if you have the right relics and dives.
    That's...debatable.

Sure, Squall is king of Ice DPS, what with his BSB2 and USB2 (because of how the BSB's Command 2 and the USB's Chaser increase through iterations, going from "meh" to "brutal"), and Chaser + Chain make Tidus king of Water DPS, but...I'm not sure Locke is king of Fire DPS, at least in Physical. While I love that you mention that Terra is best all-purpose mage, that distinction actually goes to Palom, because, like with Vivi, they have Ability Double for BLK. Terra, though, is almost the undisputed Goddess of Fire DPS, what with all of her current SBs having a brutal Fire focus (BSB2, USB, Brave USB and Glint grant EnFire, with the latter granting higher EnFire levels; Legend Materia from Relic, OSB and ASB are absolutely Fire-focused), only opposed by Type-0's Ace. Sure, Trance + USB1 make her Black Magic damage insane, but Vivi tops that with Trance + Ability Double. Palom has something similar.

Cloud is undisputed king of Wind DPS, what with his USB1 still being the gold standard for damage, and USB2 being one of the few Chaser USBs that deal Overflow damage. Zack is nice because he holds one of the Wind Chains, but that only makes Cloud even more dangerous. Alphinaud, on the other hand, is absurdly good as Wind Mage DPS, because he holds the Mage Wind Chain, his USB has a Finisher + Smart Ether, and his BSB is still reliable fast DPS (good when he fires his own Chain). The other elements are still contested, though.

Do note that, soon enough, you'll see some of the main heroes going for more than one element; for example, Firion will focus on Fire and Ice, then return to Holy (with a side of Knight), Terra will gain a sudden focus on Wind attacks, and Cloud has a side spec on Dark attacks (USB3); Squall will dabble on Fire attacks as well. Dual Element will appear more and more as the game progresses.

One more thing of note: Event Banners will have some odd USBs, which are meant specifically to beat the new versions of the Torments. Nearly every realm now will have a sweet buffing USB, much like Rikku's Hyper Mighty Gs USB, which grants a series of nice buffs. You'll hear the concept "Torment Trap Banner" a lot more, as these banners will contain seemingly bad Relics with the ones that make beating the Neo Torment a cinch.

And, speaking of Relics...the last few days have been pretty bountiful! Couldn't connect because of...issues? (Had computer off for most of Thanksgiving, then worked almost all day on Black Friday, and when I tried to connect, computer didn't want to recognize my router) Anyways, let's start with...

Thanksgiving! Or rather, the pulls I made on Thanksgiving. You see, for some bizarre reason (I believe it was because I pulled a 1* on the Daily Draw), I decided to test my luck on the FFII Banner. Curiously enough, I was rewarded with a veritable share of solid goods: 4/11, TWO DISCOS, and no dupes at all!

• Minwu's Holy Wand! This is...his first BSB, I believe? It's curious, because most White Mages begin with a Medica, but Minwu went for an offensive BSB instead. Burst Command 1 deals damage as well, while Burst Command 2 is an IC Curaja, which is pretty cool. Now that he has his USB, BSB and LMR, Minwu has definitely proven himself worthy to transcend his II realm slot, and probably see action elsewhere...maybe on the 5* Holy Magicite?
    • Ricard's Abel's Lance! Hey guys, Ricard has a relic! ...OK, joke aside, this is a pretty nice Burst. En-Wind (like most Dragoons), but the Burst Commands are sweet: Command 1 is basically (weaker) Cyclone Blast, while Command 2 is a (small) Ability Boost for Dragoon attacks. Nothing too shabby, but after being the joke of all named characters for not having a relic...
    • Maria's Selene Bow! Oh, goodness! This is the first relic I get for her, after I pretty much ditched her for the Emperor! It's an Earth OSB, as many others do, and its also a +MAG Bow with +Earth while on any II dungeon. Pretty cool.
    • Emperor Mateus' Malice! This is his USB, the one that imperils Earth and imposes a strong ATK/MAG/RES debuff on all enemies. This is really, REALLY strong, because it focuses the Emperor to an element (Earth), contributes to debuffing with Gordon, and gives him more to do. Surprisingly enough, he has secured the II Mage slot (sorry Maria, but the Emperor has better tools).

Then, today. I get a 5* on my Daily Draw, which means it's time to test the waters! Sadly, the 5* I got there wasn't the best.
    • Quistis' Red Scorpion. I mean, I mentioned it was pretty cool a few days before, which leads to the problem: it's a dupe. A SSB dupe; for free, sure, but still a dupe that stings.

Still: it's a 5*, so might as well check my luck. First, the Mage Lucky Draw. As you know, that LD has a few nice prices, but most importantly, it has access to my beloved Terra's ASB, which has eluded my grasp for long. Therefore, it is PARAMOUNT that I focus all my luck in this banner. The result?

3/11, THREE DISCOS, but one dupe.

• Ashe's Ragnarok! Oh yeah, her USB! Sweet! If you didn't knew, this is a Chaser USB, which grants En-Lightning + MAG/RES boost, and follows all BLK attacks with a Lightning move that deals more hits the higher the rank. This fits perfectly with my newest acquisition, the Voltech spell, which happens to deal Lightning damage in addition to Wind and Water. Again, sweet!
    • Ashe's Ra...oh crud, a DUPE!? Sad panda.
    • Shantotto's Iridal Staff! This is her Gen 1 Chain, which means Team Lightning has a Chain now. Fear them. Fear them a LOT. Curiously enough, the item grants a boost to THREE elements, which are the elements she covers with her BSB and SSB, so it's perfect for any Fire, Ice or Lightning magic specialist. That is, if you're on a XI or All Realm dungeon.

Sadly, my beloved Terra's ASB will elude me once more. I would have been more than ecstatic to get it now, but it'll have to wait. So, figuring I still might have some good luck, I tested it on the Black Friday draw. I mean, guaranteed 3/11? It's not so bad, right?

3/11 (as guaranteed), ONE DISCO, and 2 dupes.
    • Bartz' Ragnarok. Dupe #1. Boy, that relic is old. Sheesh!
    • Gordon's Radiant Lance. Dupe #2. Slightly less salty, because it makes that weapon better, but I already have two very nice spears for II.
    • Queen's Claymore! So...I can't officially say that I have no Type-0 relics, making this the official first. However...I'm not entirely excited for it. In case you don't know, it's a Lightning OSB, which I surely (don't) lack, on a character I don't really plan to use. At least it's a T0 relic sword, so many people will be able to use it? Don't know what to say.

Result: Instant Regret. Just as DeNA planned.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

so just getting back into the game after some time off, having put the game down sometimes shortly after the magicite dungeons came out and oooooooh boy is there a lot of content to power through.

did do a lot of pulls though these last few weeks and got quite a few upgrades to my teams.

lots of catching up to do though.

25. - Top - End - #385

Quote Originally Posted by oxybe View Post
    so just getting back into the game after some time off, having put the game down sometimes shortly after the magicite dungeons came out and oooooooh boy is there a lot of content to power through.

did do a lot of pulls though these last few weeks and got quite a few upgrades to my teams.

lots of catching up to do though.
    Cool! Anything worth mentioning?

And TG Oskar, I lulzed at your last sentence.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2018-11-25 at 02:17 PM.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

Yup. lots of goodies. highlights include:

Terra's BSB2 and her Arcane OSB. she shot up to main mage team tier.

Squall's USB2 and Glint. like Terra he got a new position now as a physical team mainstay.

Raines' BSB1, just to kick mage team into even higher levels of stupid power.

27. - Top - End - #387

RedWizardGuy

Ended pulling on the Healer's LD. 1/11 trash dupe. My instincts had told me to not pull, but my reason said having 5 dupes in 14 was an OK gamble for some good payoffs. Can't win them all.

But the DPS banner gave me some good stuff on the same conditions: RLMs for Squall, a dupe of Locke's (+fire gear), and also Cloud & Squall's Glints.

I don't have Squall's BSB, but have his OSB, so he may still be an interesting DPS option, while Cloud gets to be more optimized as a Wind DPS, having Ultra, BSB2, Glint and RLM.

Still didn't 5* dive Cloud, as DC combat, while good specially when breaking Damage Cap, is more fun as RW with Master as Monk, and my Cloud wanted to do the Windy things.
    Last edited by Slayn82; 2018-11-26 at 05:01 PM.

28. - Top - End - #388

BardGuy

XIV realm draw didn't help much but burning 4* motes on Minfilia seemed to be the trick to get her to stay in the mix long enough to recast last stand.

X is looking like a big "HAHAHA NO" for the time being and doesn't seem to give much luck (last major banner all I got was dupes of Lulu's BSB)

29. - Top - End - #389

RedWizardGuy

WOW! Just WOW!

Today's free Draw was Montblanc's USB. And I got ALL his other relics. Mwhahahahah.

Ironically, despite having both RLMs, this little guy just got himself a ticket for Full Dive. As a Dancer and Black Mage, he brings on his USB an Hyper Break, Proshellga and the standard USB chain-building 10 hits for Fire, Ice or Lighting. Vanille and her USB gonna love him, so she can switch to her BSB and heal the team in peace. And his BSB is kinda like Raines, specially when his Black Magic RLM proccs. Also, starting Hasted with IC 3 won't be shabby. Even alternating between his USB and BSB seems pretty feasible, while still bringing a dance to the party. Heh, maybe bring an enthruster and still have enough debuffs.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ettin in the Playground

So, quick question: Are we any closer to 6* dark matter, ie: 9*'s? I have 5 items that could hit that status if given the chance(yeah, that's why I keep quitting the game, I can pull on a banner where there's one item that would be a dupe, and I get 2 of it. Hard to believe I've pulled 3 copies of the same 6* item 5 separate times) and would be quite happy to do so.

Figure someone on here probably keeps an eye out on what JP is getting and might know if 9*'s are coming down the pipeline yet.