New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

Alright, everyone, here it is, that glorious 33-pull! Time to share your joy and salt!

My pull: 6/33, two rainbows and four discos!
    • Sleipnir's Tail: Rydia's En-Earth BSB. A dupe. Can't even combine it, because I already have a +++ version. Straight into storage you go.
    • Bridal Gown: Yuna's LMR with W-Cast. W-Cast LMRs are super useful, it's just a shame she sucks as a WHM.
    • Ragnarok: Cloud's dated OSB. A dupe. I don't even think its +Wind realm synergy will save it from being combined.
    • Cactuar Plushie: Iris' USB. 0CT heal, revive, Hastega, and user fastcast. Not bad. But revives are less valuable than Guts, and I have her BSB, which is fantastic.
    • Musk Pole: Rapha's USB. Hastega, party +MAG, and party fastcast, plus En-Lightning. Pity it's a dupe. And since it offers no bonus, combo fodder.
    • Ama-no-Murakumo: GILGAMESH's USB. Damage, En-Fire, +ATK, and SAM abilities chased with Fire. Super nice.

Sure, I got some dupes, but it was free, so it's a net win.

Happy pulls, all!

EDIT: And then I thought, heck with it, let's try one more realm draw. XI is up, 15 mythril gone, survey says: Two rainbows. Both of them Zeid's BSB. Which is already a dupe. Message received, done for now.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2019-01-01 at 08:28 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

2. - Top - End - #452
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

5/33 on my pull, with only a single dupe. And the other 4 relics being for already well developed characters, making using them immediately a no issue.

- Barbaricia's USB - she already was breaking rocks with BSB and LMR. Now, she's gonna do the Windy thing a lot harder. And a Mag USB +wind dagger is great gear, specially solving Red XIII's needs when I use him.

- Terra's USB 2 - a nice hat, seems to be so great at keeping Terra warm she caught fire. It's her Astra USB, with the special command thing. Super reinforcement for team Fire's Mages. Sorry Ace, you almost made it.

- Golbez RLM - a super nice helmet. Also, the dupe.

- Garnet's RLM - and Garnet keeps giving me reasons to use her. Of course, most of her arguments are a variation of "Ramuh". But now she promises to make buffs last longer. Actually, it's pretty nice of her.

- Gladiolus RLM - Another Gladiolus Relic Materia? Now it's W cast Knight, so he doesn't even need too hard a dive. I give him an 8 for effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

3. - Top - End - #453
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    I think I'm actually done with this game. The higher-level challenges (i.e. Magicite and such) are too esoteric for me, while anything else is totally braindead. There's just not really any enjoyment in it anymore.

I wish you all lucky pulls and lots of fun.
    Aww :(
    At least do the free pull?

Speaking of which, nice pulls, Red Fel and Slayn!
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I'm sure this is already known by most, if not all of you, but for those of you who are like me and were unaware of this: When you sort your soulbreaks in the vault by "Unmastered" so you can see which ones you still need to master, it DOES NOT show legend materia. You need to specifically select "materia" option and then click on unmastered for that. I wasn't aware there was a distinction until just now. Was trying to figure out why the 3 XIV relics I pulled from the realm pull earlier wasn't showing up via the unmastered tab. Selected "gained, newest" and they were there. So then I went browsing and saw the materia selector.

As it turns out, I have about a dozen or more of things left to master, LOL. Thought I had caught back up again, guess not!

5. - Top - End - #455

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    So, I'm sure this is already known by most, if not all of you, but for those of you who are like me and were unaware of this: When you sort your soulbreaks in the vault by "Unmastered" so you can see which ones you still need to master, it DOES NOT show legend materia. You need to specifically select "materia" option and then click on unmastered for that. I wasn't aware there was a distinction until just now. Was trying to figure out why the 3 XIV relics I pulled from the realm pull earlier wasn't showing up via the unmastered tab. Selected "gained, newest" and they were there. So then I went browsing and saw the materia selector.

As it turns out, I have about a dozen or more of things left to master, LOL. Thought I had caught back up again, guess not!
    That's a pleasant surprise.

I beat a couple Torments, got the 6* Knight Ability, honed it to r3. Going to try the 220 Bahamut to get that sweet VII accessory. He just does so much damage, need some leech abilities.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

6. - Top - End - #456
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Not much notable on my end- technically some boosts for Elarra and quite a few LMR, but not much that was really high priority.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ettin in the Playground

Edit: Oooh, super funny thing. Got another rainbow orb on daily draw this morning! It was hilariously awful. Was an X realm Shared SB relic, the "Monk Robe", it's SB removes all debuffs from one ally! I won't even be bothering to leveling it to 20, it's stats are abysmal. Thankfully I don't throw away 5* relics, as I recently read up on upcoming updates, most particularly the 4th anni update which will add the ability to turn 5* relics(and accessories) into rainbow shards that can be used to do something or another(I think level the Legendary weapons? Could be wrong though, but I think that's it). So huzzah! I have a ton of crappy 5* that I've just never had the heart to throw away that will finally have some use :)

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    That's a pleasant surprise.

I beat a couple Torments, got the 6* Knight Ability, honed it to r3. Going to try the 220 Bahamut to get that sweet VII accessory. He just does so much damage, need some leech abilities.
    Its really not as bad as you might think, I beat it before I went to bed this morning. It did take a few tries, but only to make a few adjustments on my strategy, didn't have to change the characters I took at all. The biggest thing is to make sure that you fill that crystals HP. The rest is reasonably easy to be honest.

Set-up:

Rosa: Wrath/Curada(used it once, lol), Dr. Mogs Teachings RM, USB
    Cloud: Hailstorm/Raging Quadstrike 40% Sword Dmg RM, USB1, USB2(never even got to use USB 2 though)
    Zack: Ripping Blast/Life Siphon Battleforged RM, USB1 and Chain
    Vaan: Wrath/Dash and Slash Ace Strike RM, USB1/USB2(Use USB1 first, then USB2, then spam D&S)
    Rikku: Enfeebling Jitterbug/Multi Break Mako Might RM, USB1.

As you can see, I did not take a Wall, not sure if his attacks are piercing or not, but I just couldn't fit it in with my strategy. I initially tried to bruteforce it and kill him before he could do his 99,999 dmg attack, but the closest I could get was about 10-15% HP left. So after a few tries of that, I gave up and concentrated on making sure that crystal was full. Now thankfully, that was incredibly easy.

Zack was the key player in my 2nd strategy as with him fully legend dived he's just like shelke: He get's 3 actions that are instant. So after several restarts to get the timing down right now, I would have him use the RW that's provided in succession for his first 3 turns. Basically went something like this:

Zack goes first(odd, as Vaan's also fully legend dived and he has multiple speed spheres), once he can go I counted to 5, used the RW, then vaan Wrath'd, Rikku USB1'd, Cloud would Hailstorm, Rosa would Curada herself(she would die on the third attack otherwise, and I couldn't afford to waste any of her SB gauge). Then Zack would get to go again, I'd count to 4 and use the RW, then Wrath for Vaan, Multi-break, Hailstorm again. Then it would be Zack's turn again and now I had to count to I believe 6, then use RW again. That third use filled the crystal. After that I just treated it like a normal fight, making sure to destroy the Exaflare.

Once I took the 99,999 dmg attack(only once, I won the fight that I made it that far in) and I revived, it was easy-peasy. Zack would Chain, Cloud USB'd then used Raging Quadstrike, Vaan used USB1, USB2, then D&S'd until the end, I had Rikku use her USB1 again, then the new RW(99,999 dmg against all targets, which was an immediate kill against the exaflare). Rosa wrath'd until I needed to heal then used her USB1. At the very end I had Rosa use the RW for the 2nd time and it killed Bahamut. I won with all people standing, albeit in poor shape.

I'm not bothering with the Transcendent version, I've never been able to beat those, and there's no way I can now either I imagine.

I also beat the III Apoc++ fight, which was honestly MUCH harder than the Bahamut 220 fight. I barely beat it, had 3 people standing, which was amazingly enough for the mastery. I had to change my strategy and characters around several times, and even then it came down to luck. Don't remember the set-up I finally won with, just know that it was a race to see who got the final hit off, because his next attack would have wiped my party, thankfully cloud got off an Omega Drive that was backed by his USB1.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2019-01-07 at 04:13 AM.

8. - Top - End - #458

Nice victory! And that’s a nice Wind team, man. I lack Zack’s Chain.

Oh, and I did indeed beat him. Basically took my Holy team. I too pretty much spammed the RW, a few restarts to get the timing down right.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

So, decided to take a shot at one of the 300 battles in the warriors gauntlet, more specifically the Garland fight, as I crushed the 220 fight as if he was made out of papier-mache. Unfortunately the 300 is distinctly NOT made out of papier-mache, more made out of freaking Titanium. Even still, I got him down to about 40%, and probably could have gone further, but I realized two very important things. 1: I need more hones for this fight for rikku. She had Mug-Bloodlust(solely for it's debuff, not for it's buff), and Enfeebling Jitterbug. MB was only r2, it needs to be r3 for sure, and EJ was r3, and clearly needs to be r4 or even r5, as I had one hone left when I threw the fight. 2: Cloud is NOT going to work here. I need to go through and find someone that has strong Earth damage or strong Holy damage SB, preferably Earth and that has an earth imperil as well. I mean he was doing "Alright" damage, about 7500 damage a hit with Omega Drive with Rikku USB + Leo USB/BSB, but I feel like I could be hitting 9999 dmg with another person and with leo(leo's damage was just abysmal over-all, even with his own buffs on him. Only saving grace is his ability to double proc knight abilities some of the time).

On the topic of earth damage, is there not an earth damage RM or hell, a knight dmg RM? Because I went through all my RM's and didn't find a single earth or knight dmg one, I had to equip Leo with a sword RM.

10. - Top - End - #460

Yeah, Tifa gives much more Earth damage. Dunno about Knight.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

On the topic of earth damage, is there not an earth damage RM or hell, a knight dmg RM? Because I went through all my RM's and didn't find a single earth or knight dmg one, I had to equip Leo with a sword RM.
    Well, let's consult the Holy PDF:
    • Earth 1.3x: Tifa 99 (Face the Past)
    • Earth 1.2x: Cinque 65 (Iron Maiden)
    • KNT 1.4x: Agrias 99 (Holy Knight's Muse)
    • KNT 1.3x: Agrias 65 (Holy Knight's Pride), Dorgann 65 (Tempered Blade), Marche 65 (Crystal Breaker)

That help?
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ettin in the Playground

Woot! I knew I could manage it! Just beat the 300 Garland fight. Had to sub in Tifa for Cloud since I have her USB, and eventually I had to give up on using Rosa as my healer, and went with Ovelia since I have her USB, which has Last Stand on it. For whatever reason I kept getting unlucky and I'd lose Tifa somewhere between 50-75% of Garlands health, and Emperor just wasn't enough to beat him by himself with that much health left(It was close though, super close. The final try before I switched out Rosa I got Garland to <1% health left, there was literally no red left, I actually thought I had won. Then he killed me on his next turn as I was completely out of all healing, despite having r4 Ultra Cure and r4 Curada).

Even with a ton of debuffs on him that was a tough fight. I had Faris using FB and MB + her USB, and when I started getting more gauge than I knew what to do with I'd use her BSB1 since it's technically a stronger FB + stronger MB/AB. Then I had Rikku using Enfeebling Jitterbug + Mug Bloodlust, and Emperor's USB2 which was ATK/MAG/Resistance I think? Not 100%. Even with all of that his damage was just so insane due to the speed of which it came in. I was starting to think I might have needed to just give up on Faris and bring Rosa back in for dual-healing, with the plan of giving her Wrath and Ace Striker for massive bar build-up and just keep her on the ready to use her USB, plus maybe through out the occasional Curaja or something. Not sure how that would have played out with the loss of all the debuffs Faris brings.

13. - Top - End - #463

Woot! I knew I could manage it! Just beat the 300 Garland fight. Had to sub in Tifa for Cloud since I have her USB, and eventually I had to give up on using Rosa as my healer, and went with Ovelia since I have her USB, which has Last Stand on it. For whatever reason I kept getting unlucky and I'd lose Tifa somewhere between 50-75% of Garlands health, and Emperor just wasn't enough to beat him by himself with that much health left(It was close though, super close. The final try before I switched out Rosa I got Garland to <1% health left, there was literally no red left, I actually thought I had won. Then he killed me on his next turn as I was completely out of all healing, despite having r4 Ultra Cure and r4 Curada).

Even with a ton of debuffs on him that was a tough fight. I had Faris using FB and MB + her USB, and when I started getting more gauge than I knew what to do with I'd use her BSB1 since it's technically a stronger FB + stronger MB/AB. Then I had Rikku using Enfeebling Jitterbug + Mug Bloodlust, and Emperor's USB2 which was ATK/MAG/Resistance I think? Not 100%. Even with all of that his damage was just so insane due to the speed of which it came in. I was starting to think I might have needed to just give up on Faris and bring Rosa back in for dual-healing, with the plan of giving her Wrath and Ace Striker for massive bar build-up and just keep her on the ready to use her USB, plus maybe through out the occasional Curaja or something. Not sure how that would have played out with the loss of all the debuffs Faris brings.
    Grats!

I don't think I'll put serious effort into any of the 300s, unfortunately. Short on time. I'll barely get other stuff done.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Grats!

I don't think I'll put serious effort into any of the 300s, unfortunately. Short on time. I'll barely get other stuff done.
    Yeah I won't be either, I just picked the one out of the 4 that I thought I could probably handle the 300 difficulty, just to see if I could actually fight and win a battle with that level of difficulty. Was pretty happy to see that I could, even with all my breaks I've still managed to maintain a decent level of strength to my account which is nice :).

Finished up the rest of the warriors fights, except Siegfried(the 5th one that you unlock once the 220 fight's been won on all the other fights), not a clue how tough either of his fights are, wanted to look into the fight and see what he's like.

15. - Top - End - #465

Yeah I won't be either, I just picked the one out of the 4 that I thought I could probably handle the 300 difficulty, just to see if I could actually fight and win a battle with that level of difficulty. Was pretty happy to see that I could, even with all my breaks I've still managed to maintain a decent level of strength to my account which is nice :).

Finished up the rest of the warriors fights, except Siegfried(the 5th one that you unlock once the 220 fight's been won on all the other fights), not a clue how tough either of his fights are, wanted to look into the fight and see what he's like.
    Oh man. Total beast. He annihilated my best team.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

16. - Top - End - #466

Man, Thunder God Cidolfus Orlandeau makes the dailies so much easier (have to be willing to lose that extra exp, of course).

Also, friendly reminder: if you haven't used your fest tickets by this evening, they go away. I got burned by this before.

Edit: ironically, didn’t quite get all my tickets spent.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-01-16 at 08:06 PM.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I got another rainbow on the daily, the Motor Fist - literally only a VII stat stick - so it's time to try my luck at some Realm Draws again! Here we go:
    • XII: 2/11, one rainbow and one disco. The rainbow is Gabranth's En-Dark LMR. The disco is Basch's Holy/Dark OSB. Neither is a dupe. Not bad, pull again.
    • XIII: 3/11, all rainbows. First is Fang's BSB, a dupe. Next is Lightning's BSB1, also a dupe. Last is Fang's +DRG LMR, that one's new. Calling this a win, pull again.
    • XIV: 1/11, Ysayle's Imperil Ice LMR, a dupe. That marks the end of my streak, time to pack it in.

That's a good morning for me. And good morning to you all!

EDIT 1/20: Hey, there's a new Earth event up, and with it, an Earth LD banner! You know I'm pulling. My draw? 2/11.
    • Dorgann's LMR sword. Starting En-Earth is ok.
    • Ingus' USB axe. A great USB, but a dupe. Now up to max reforge, at least.

Sure, the big haul is a dupe, but it's enough to make me want to test my luck a bit. XV Realm LD time! 3/11, two rainbows, one disco!
    • Iris' BSB. Great, but a dupe.
    • Prompto's LMR. W-Cast MCH is pretty great.
    • Aranea's OSB. Dual-element OSBs are something, at least.

A good pull. So here goes one more, FFT! 3/11, two rainbows, one disco.
    • Ovelia's BSB. Bog standard and I have her USB. But new.
    • Meliadoul's LMR. +KNT damage is nice, and it's a +Earth relic.
    • Ramza's Holy Chain. I need another Ramza relic like a hole in the head, but this is good. Really good.

Thus emboldened, time to finish out the Realm LDs. Type-0, 2/11, both discos!
    • Machina's OSB. I now have too many relics for this guy.
    • Nine's USB. Imperil Wind and a Wind DRG chaser. Nice!

Well, I'm spent. Happy pulls, all!
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2019-01-20 at 09:23 PM.

18. - Top - End - #468

Did the LD, got Maria’s Glint and AOSB. Already had her LMR, SSB, USB. Very pleased. Definitely worth a dive (although her LM are lackluster).
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ettin in the Playground

My Earth LD was absolute crap. 2/11, both rainbows, both the same item, Dorganns legend materia, which I ALREADY HAD. The only bright spot on this, is I now have a 2nd very powerful sword for V realm, right behind's Zexat(or however you spell his name) USB sword by 6 points(I believe it's 183 to 177 or something like that). Dorgann's will be stronger in realm though due to the higher level, 35 compared to 25.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2019-01-22 at 11:49 PM.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

I got Dorgann USB, Rinoa LMR (En-Earth), and a dupe Cinque BSB. I am now the proud owner of +element six stars for Wind, Earth, Fire, Water, Lightning, Holy, and Dark.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

did they just add a pay2win option to ffrk?

22. - Top - End - #472

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    did they just add a pay2win option to ffrk?
    From what I read, the boost doesn’t work on the toughest content. Seems intended to get noob players up to snuff, but won’t do much for veteran players.

However, they daily login rewards remain to be seen.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

23. - Top - End - #473

BardGuy

It's essentially the continue boost but mostly worse since you're paying $5 upfront.
    Last edited by darkdragoon; 2019-01-23 at 04:03 PM.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Troll in the Playground

Incoming relic info dump ahead!

So, in case you were wondering, my computer is on the frizz, sometimes refusing to connect me to the Internet. Couple that to switching my I/PSP (Internet/Phone) after a year+ of no service (seriously: if you know you're always going to their service center saying "I got no Internet/Phone service", why in heathenly tarnation you don't connect the dots and say "what the everloving heck is the problem with them?") and a threat of debt collection (for a service they never provided), which meant I didn't have a stable Internet connection for my computer, and...you get the idea. New laptop will come soon, hopefully, but for now, I'll take advantage of the moments when my old computer does get to connect.

So, again: excuses if I miss something, or repeat something. It's gonna be a long ride.

Spoiler: The Great Extended Christmas Haulfest!
    Show
    Let's start with the very first day of December.

Daily Draw: One 5*. Won't say because...I'll explain later.
    XI Realm Draw: Did it because it was a 5*. 3/11, two dupes. Curiously enough, one of the dupes was the result of the Daily Draw. No, seriously.
    • Shantotto's Tactician Magician's Wand! I believe this was the one new relic. Starting with EnLightning isn't so bad, but isn't so awesome either. It's...something?
    • Aphmau's Alkyoneous' Bracers. A dupe. The LMR is fair, giving HP Stock with any form of healing, but her Burst is tailored to exploit her AoE, and Curada already offers the same benefit, constantly. At best, it's good for when you need Ultra Cure or Curaise.
    • Prishe's Sainti! I'm quite certain this was the dupe, but didn't have it before, so... It's..pretty much a bog-standard Monk build-up Burst.

Then, the Happy Gachas. I'll do them all on a run, with other odd pulls done separately.
    • FFT: Meliadoul's Save the Queen! This is her Burst, and arguably the greatest physical damage killer you'll ever get. Initial is -ATK/DEF, Burst commands are Power Breakdown and Reverse Wall. That's three sources of ATK debuff. It's also Earth elemental, which is nice for Team Earth.
    • Type-0: Pass. Hard pass.
    • XV: Pass.
    • XIV: Yda's Kaiser Knuckles! I had the Zeta version, so this is mostly a complement. It's a Full Break with Fire added in, and the commands include the...arguably efficient Greased Lightning mode. Command 2 is an at-will 30% self-Stoneskin, which is nice, and her USB grants three stacks of pBlink, so she's untouchable for the most part. USB and BSB combine nicely. Makes her insanely hard to kill (I mean, with Fires Within...)
    • XIII: Pass. VERY Hard pass.
    • XII: Vayne's Deathbringer! Oh boy, new relics every time, and mostly Ultras! This one is a damage dealer with EnDark, but has an odd Chaser. If you made Vayne a Physical Attacker, the Chaser is Physical; viceversa, Chase is Magical. It plays to his strengths. Works very well with the Imperil Dark ability Darkness gets. Mastering it also gets you +5 ATK and +5 MAG.
    • XI: Shantotto's Iridal Staff. The first dupe, and a bit turned off because I have not many things for XI. I mean, with Prishe getting stuff, it's...growing, but where's Curilla? Her Holy Circle USB is super awesome!
    • X: Auron's Dual Blade! This is a pretty awesome USB, since it grants EnFire, an iterative boost as the EX Mode, and a sweet Finisher. With his two BSBs, he's a pretty solid Samurai. It's just that...Fire team is far too overloaded, and Greg has the Fire Chain, so... Still, nice catch!
    • IX: Freya's Heavy Lance! Amongst Dragoon BSBs, this one is as unique as Ricard's, because it has an -ATK/DEF debuff tacked in. Commands are standard for Dragoon Bursts, though.
    • VIII: Rinoa's Twin Viper! This is her EARTH OSB, which is nice because I need to boost my Earth Magic team.
    • VII: Pass. Easiest pass ever.
    • VI: Locke's Thief's Knife. A dupe of his Imperil Fire BSB. Kinda miffed because I didn't get anything for my beloved waifu.
    • V: Faris' Artemis Bow! Wow, after...what, more than a year, I got something for Faris! As you know, this is her Full Break BSB, with Power Breakdown and Magic Breakdown as Burst Commands. This helps me a lot, because I can then use the Dances to debuff even further, or use Sharpshooter skills for damage. Pretty old, but V needs its debuffer to shine.
    • IV: FuSoYa's Gravity Rod. Another dupe, when I was hoping I'd finally get Paladin Cecil's Wall. *sigh*.
    • III: Arc's Wizard Rod! This is his offensive Burst, dealing Water/Holy damage every time, and having a Curaja-level heal that offers a sweet MND buff. Better yet: both are ST WHM moves, which combine very nicely with his Ultra. This makes Arc a very potent offensive powerhouse. Holy Magic team, here we go!
    • II: Firion's Ragnarok! This is his OSB, which is pretty nice considering he's a stalwart on my physical Holy team anyways. Gets boosted by how many attacks you make, and since his BSB is built for speed, this means he deals tons of damage real fast. It's also, IIRC, a +Holy weapon...as if I didn't have any.
    • I: Sarah's Sage Staff! And Additional Alliterative Appeal! This is her "Torment-ready" USB, having a lot of nice goodies, including +ATK/MAG, Shellga, Hastega, and...well, not Protectga, but HP Stock. It's fairly good when you think about it.

That makes for 13 out of 17 draws, with 3 Dupes, 2 new OSBs, 3 new USBs, and a whopping 5 new BSBs. Tidbits to follow:
    • Biggest winner is FFI, with a "Torment-ready" USB right on the money. With WoL having his Arcane OSB and his trusty Burst, Echo with her Burst and LMR that makes Medicas out of Dances, and Matoya covering for damage, it should be a pretty decent team.
    • Biggest losers are FFIV, FFVI and FFXI. The first two because I got nothing new, and the dupes are not anything to be happy about. XI is because I could have gotten a lot more, and what I got is a dupe - granted, a very nice dupe, and one that has a +Fire/+Ice/+Lightning Realm Synergy boost, but nothing new hurts.
    • Gamechanger goes to...I'd say Auron, because it was enough to dive him fully. Amongst Fire Samurais, he's superior, and Greg only goes there because of his Gen 2 Fire Chain, which is the bees' knees. He also got upgraded to Support 5, so that means he's exceptionally diverse. Honorable mentions go to Yda (BSB + USB combo can be pretty nasty if pulled off) and Meliadoul (I actually had to use her for one of the Coliseum battles, after all).

With that done, ;et's resume the December supplementary draws.
    Dec. 11 Daily Draw: 5*
    • Rikku's Guardian Targe! Oh boy, one of the memetic Soul Breaks! Hyper NulAll is a very old Rikku SB that offered a rare +ATK/+RES buff...except that, if you notice, I usually go for the +ATT/ATT format. I went here for the +ATT/+ATT format, which is significative because Hyper NulAll boosts ATK and RES separately, meaning it overwrites many buffs you might already have, such as...Shout, for example. That said, it's fair for X Realm battles, but it emphasizes the biggest problem Rikku has; her SB gauge generation is abysmal.

Dec. 12 Daily Draw: 6*!
    • Jecht's Soul King! This is a pretty standard damage dealer USB, with EnDark and a Speed Boost for actions. Nothing that places Jecht on the map, though.

XIV Realm Draw: 3/11, ONE DISCO, one dupe.
    • Alphinaud's Apocalypse Zeta! This is his USB, the one that boosts Summon Magic damage, grants EnWind, and gives a finisher that provides with Smart Ether and a ton of damage that can potentially Overflow. Alphi was already a stalwart on my Wind Magic team, but this catapults him to definite mainstay.
    • Papalymo's Caster's Doublet...x2. Yep, this is the dupe. Once again, I get a dupe on the same banner. It's a LMR, and it's EnFire, and you know what I think about those. Potato can be part of my Fire Magic team, but won't get a slot anywhere else than there...or XIV Realm team. No matter how much he tries.

IV Realm Draw: 1/11, and it's a dupe.
    • Palom's Chocobo Suit. Seriously, I get a dupe ON THE SAME BANNER I PULLED, and when I pull for the chance of a Paladin Wall, I get a dupe of THIS!? Sad. Just...sad. And anger-inducing. Not amused by the chicken suit.

VI Realm Draw: 2/11, ONE DISCO, no dupes!
    • Edgar's Flash! This is his USB, and the first (and only) gun I got for Realm VI. This is his triple Imperil Chaser USB, coupling his already amazing capability to Imperil Poison with a smattering of Lightning...and Fire. Which is VI's specialty, thanks to Locke having Fire Chain and my beloved waifu being absolute Fire Goddess. Sorry Celes, but Edgar just replaced you on the team.
    • Mog's Faerie Tail! This is his depressingly cute BSB. He already was a mainstay of my team, what with a solid USB Buff, but his BSB just made him even better. MAG/MND (certainly, Terra's Magic doesn't Mind....and I don't care about the pun, either!), and his Burst Command 2 is an IC Curaja, so he doubles as a solid healer. Couple that with his Dances becoming mini-Medicas, and he becomes a scary good healer/(de)buffer.

Dec. 16 Daily Draw: 5*
    • Diamond Armor...!? Yep, a stat stick. Hadn't seen those in a while. Plus, I already got a ton of better V armor, so this one is a doozy.

Dec. 17 Daily Draw: 5*
    • Serah's Meteorblaze. Sorry if I hold the bile in my mouth. It's a sad attempt for a SheepMode clone, though to her favor, it stacks with SheepMode most of the time. That said, I terminantly refuse to use Fem!Cloud's little sis, so it's another wasted relic. It'll join her boyfriend's forgotten relic.

Dec. 20 Daily Draw: 5*

GLORIOUS FIRE BANNER!!!: 2/11...both dupes. *sniff*
    • Terra's Cloak. First dupe. At least it's +Fire, so there's that.
    • Krile's Dress. Second dupe. So sad. Again, it's +Fire, but still...

(When the two banners you need to complete your Waifu are there, and you miss BOTH, you can't help but feel you failed her. Will there be a glimpse of hope soon enough...?)

Dec. 22 Daily Draw: 6*!
    • Minwu's Light Robe. Sadly, YET ANOTHER DUPE. Why, RNGods,why!? At least it makes the Light Robe the premier robe for healers that have no access to Light Armor already. Or Spoony Bard.

IX Realm Draw: 1/11, ONE DISCO, but it's a dupe. (WHY!?)
    • Garnet's Holy Rod. Case you don't remember: her EnLightning USB, provides some sweet buffs, and periodically casts Storm's Retribution, which isn't a Chaser but something akin to Magicite powers. Nice enough, but she's mostly the Magic Lightning team's Imperiler, so it won't see that much action.

Banner 3 Pull: 2/11, TWO DISCOS, and no dupes at all! Sweet!
    • Celes' Ultima Blade! Her Arcane OSB, which has three elements to strike. Sadly, she's not returning to active duty any time soon, at least until she gets her Whetted Blade USB. Or any of her Bursts. Particularly the first one, since it's a buff.
    • Edward's Faerie Harp! If you know your stuff well, you know this is the Gen 2 Holy Magic Chain! It's unique in that it boosts both MAG and MND, meaning it helps the White Mages, but also the oddballs that deal Holy damage while using MAG (namely, Whiny Boy and FuSoYa). With FuSoYa, Arc and Minwu, I have a pretty respectabe Holy Magic team! Now, if I could only find that last fifth one...

And with that, we leap to...January!
    New Year Daily Draw: 5*
    • Edge's Murasame! Old school, but Edge finally gets something. It's a pitiful amount of Water damage plus Interrupt. No biggie there.

And then, the free x33 New Year's Draw! What do I get...?

...8/33, FIVEDISCOS, and just ONE dupe. RNGs have mercy!
    • Cloud's Ultima Blade! His second BSB, the one that grants EnWind. Not like I'll use him, but not too shabby. I'll let that one pass.
    • Ovelia's Mage's Staff! This is her Burst Medica, which I so DESPERATELY needed for the FFT Torment. Pretty standard, though the opener also deals Holy/NE magic damage.
    • Xezat's Helm! This is his BSB, which is...wait for it...Imperil Ice! This is super, SUPER sweet, because Team Ice needed an Imperiler. The Burst Commands come with an ATK/DEF Bargain, and a +Spellblade boost, so it'll deal quite a bit of damage. That alone makes him welcome to Team Ice. So, why do I say "that alone"...?
    • Xezat's Blade! Yep, this comes with his EnIce USB, which also happens to boost his Spellblade damage. So, he comes with full package. I'd be insane not to dive him and powerlevel him by now.
    • Rikku's Barbed Knuckles! This is her Imperil Water USB. with a ton of attacks on tow. Add just a chain, and that's it. Team Water is pretty much unstoppable now.
    • Y'shtola's Nirvana Zeta! This is, by mention of many, the WORST USB ever released. That said, people are finding that Dual Blink isn't that bad, but it's still WORST. USB. EVER. Do I care? ...No, not really.
    • Paladin Cecil's Excalibur II. The lone dupe. It's a +Holy weapon, so it's not that bad. Now, you notice that I've gone only through 7 of the 8 relics? I separated the best for the last.
    • Terra's Astrakhan Hat!!! EEEEEEEE! Finally, my devotion has been rewarded! ...Well, I'm still missing ONE piece of the puzzle, but it's one more piece to a Complete Waifu. This is her BRAVE USB, and makes it the first official Brave USB I get. Not only does she get EnFire YET AGAIN (not that I mind), but she also gets a general solid boost to ALL BLM spells she casts. What gets me more excited than being close to a Complete Waifu is that her Brave Ability is her signature move, Riot Blade, infused with Fire. You know just how LONG I've been waiting for her signature attack to be released? Needless to say, I am overcome with purest joy, and once I get my hands on her Durandal, I'll declare that day a national holiday.

New Year's Lucky Draw: 2/11, no Discos, one dupe
    • Bartz' Gladius! This is his WindBurst, to couple with his WaterBurst, which I already have. Sadly, he doesn't want to cooperate with Galuf (Earth/Fire), Krile (Fire), his daddy Dorgaan (Earth) or Greg (Fire), as I lack both of those chains. He's still a mainstay at Team Water, and he can try his luck at Team Wind, though.
    • Bartz' Maximillian. The dupe. Again, a pretty solid LMR, but I already have it. At least it boosts an already good Heavy Armor.

Jan. 7th Daily Draw: 5*
    • Irvine's Guise! Hey guys, it's his guise! (Pun unashamedly intended). It allows him to Imperil Fire with Sharpshooter abilities, which....is rather poor, because Balthier and Edgar do far, far better with their LMR and USB, respectively. At least it's a +Fire Light Armor, so it has its uses.

Jan. 20th Daily Draw: 5*
    • Seymour's Robes. Again, a dupe. Well, you have to expect one or two of these nowadays, right?

Earth Lucky Draw: 3/11, ONE DISCO, and one dupe
    • Rinoa's Derringer! This is her EnEarth LMR. I usually don't like these, but it pairs nicely with her Earth OSB, which I got last year in the Happy Gacha. Now, if I manage to get SB gauge fast enough to deploy her OSB, it'll work. At least it makes Chain Stonega and Meltdown more powerful. That's nice!
    • Ingus' Crystal Shield. The dupe. Kinda miffed by that one.
    • Cinque's Shock Hammer! Alright, so I'm not usually excited about Type-0 relics, but I might set that aside for Cinque. She's one of the only two girls who can use Heavy Physical, and her USB not only grants an Ability Boost to Heavy Physical, but also has a chance to boost it from the get-go to maximum. This is formidable because...well, Heavy Physical has one of the few, if not the only, ability that innately Overflows, and that is Stone Press. Stone Press is Earth elemental. Her USB also HAPPENS to grant EnEarth. Do the math: EnEarth + Ability Boost + max charges = potentially maxed Stone Press. That's why I call this a fair truce for the students.

Whew! That was a ton of relics! And that goes without saying that I also have two stray 5* relic that I got on the way. They were gained somewhere between Irvine's LMR and the Earth Lucky Draw. Also, both were gained by Daily Draws.

Spoiler: Stray Relics
    Show
    • Setzer's Fixed Dice! This is an odd SSB. It plays both on his gambling addiction appeal, and his debuffer specialty. The debuff is ATK/RES, which is by itself rare enough. However, it's the damage that makes it so strange: it deals fixed damage, and can range from 1 hit to 6 hits overall. The best way to explain it is, it deals (3,432 x d6) damage. To random enemies, just to point that out.
    • Cid (Raines)' Finery! This is a pretty old SSB, which boosts MAG, grants QC for 4 turns, but Dooms the caster...which is fine, because if you recall well, this boosts his OSB. Which I have. Yep.

Ok. NOW we're finished. So, what was I doing in FFRK while pulling off relics?

Glory Fest
    • Yojimbo and Daigoro were tough, but once I got their number, they were no match for Team Fire, and a Fire Goddess out for blood. Seriously; Terra having over 800 MAG without buffs is overwhelming.
    • Second guy....who was he, anyway...? Well, something something Team Earth overwhelmed.
    • Typ0-Greg was annoying, but Team Magic Lightning stepped in and made mincemeat.
    • Odin was a headache, since both my team Ice and my team Wind lack chains, so I had to survive his onslaught. Did it with two healers. Xezat wasn't ready to make his formal debut, though, but I still relied on the rest of Team Ice to do the trick.
    • Siegfried....erm, no. Did well with my A-Team, but once he goes into Very Weak, it's just not funny. Greg had fun tanking his attacks at first, though. Fire Chain was deployed quite fast, even!
    • Used 33/44 tickets. Many were pleased.
    • Skipped Bahamut Fury. I mean, it'll reappear again, right?

Events
    • Crushed Vajra on the Type-0 event. Cinque didn't have her chance to try her new toy, but Queen was used for her OSB. For the most part.
    • Balthier beat his dad and Famfrit with difficulties on the XII banner, but the rematch wasn't so difficult. Well...it went mostly the same, except Yuna using her BSB, the THUNDER GOD showing why he's a powerhouse by using Spellblade abilities for Famfrit while crushing Dr. Cid with double Assault Strike, and a rare appearance by Ramza, of all people, buffing and debuffing, and surprising Dr. Cid by becoming the team's healer in the endgame. (Tailwind STILL has worth, mind you!)

Neo Torments
    • Team VI dealt with the Neo Torment quite easily, except D$$$ because Relm is too weak. Edgar as an Imperiler does a magnificent job, though. And it's weirdly satisfying to see Terra giving no sh*t and wrecking Wrexsoul with Riot Fire before bravely perishing. Oh well.
    • Added Chain Firaja and Voltech to the list. Next: Healing Smite.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

25. - Top - End - #475

Oh yeah. Did a funny experiment. A somewhat buffed Cloud did USB1->USB2->AOSB on a lowish difficulty boss weak to Wind. The 20x hits before the big one on the AOSB were doing over 40k each :P
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

26. - Top - End - #476
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Congrats on the nice pulls, Oskar. Specially on Terra. That hat is both a good item and a great USB. Xezat BSB also is pretty great in my experience, and is often on my physical Ice Team, specially because I got his Legend Materia. Celes being the main DPS, with the honed spellblade abilities and USB, Xezat just used BSB command's and still added significant damage.

Here, let's see. I've been juggling 3 mobile games : FFRK, Duel Links and DX2 (a Shin Megami Tensei's Summoners Wars clone). All had events these days, so I ended up not paying as much attention to FFRK.

I did a pull back on the Type 0 event banner, was aiming at the newcommer, but got Ace's USB2 and Arcane, making him again a serious contender (also having OSB, USB1 and En fire LRM). Also got Rem's sweet, sweet BSB, the one that deals damage while healing her. :)

Fire mage team made its debut, against that guy who dodged physical damage. Without Chains or Imperils, we had to rely on powerful USBs from Vivi, Ace and/or Terra, along with Deuce bringing Bard Quickcast and party buffs/healing, and our secret weapon - Montblanc! As a Dancer! Stacking a pentabreak USB, a full break dance, a triple break from LRM and an Enfeebling Jitterbug. Ace's Top card mode has a 1500 heal on the second follow up attack, pretty darn useful.

I spent all my tickets, honed my Heavy abilities to R3, and defeated most things with my OP Physical Fire team. Also, got Squall's USB2 on a daily draw last week, but didn't use it yet because Celes already does all the Ice damage I need. Also, got Rinoa's En Earth RLM on the Earth draw, and only that. I actually have used her for Earth damage, so it's not terrible.
    Last edited by Slayn82; 2019-01-28 at 01:41 PM.

27. - Top - End - #477

Dang. That’s an awfully complete Ace.

I discovered I can stomp Midgardsormr. Going to beat it a few more times to get to 20 for the month. Then Ixion and Tiamat to unlock Hades and Siren.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

28. - Top - End - #478
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayn82 View Post
    Congrats on the nice pulls, Oskar. Specially on Terra. That hat is both a good item and a great USB. Xezat BSB also is pretty great in my experience, and is often on my physical Ice Team, specially because I got his Legend Materia.
    Well, having his USB should be a bonus, then. Team Physical Ice is pretty scary already, what with Squall spearheading damage, having Ayame as secondary DPS, and either Onion Knight or Reks as ATK buffers (though I prefer Reks given that he can heal with his BSB, and he has W-Cast Spellblade for when he decides to attack). Xezat with his BSB gives me a much needed Imperil, and with his USB, he gets EnIce and Spellblade Ability Boost on top, so his Command 1 should be close enough to top. No LMR, though.

Speaking of Celes...you remember me saying that I had to replace Edgar with her because she was falling down? Not long before I said that, I get her BSB2 on a Daily Draw. I kid you not. Indonesian Blade v2. I'm gonna see if switching back to Celes nets me a win on the D$$$ Torment.

Tried Banner 1 of the FFT event, and wasn't too satisfied with it. 1/11, no Disco, no Dupes.
    • Delita's Zwill Straightblade! This is his Glint, which grants a combination of QC and a Weakness damage boost. Since Delita has access to full Spellblade skills, this is a decent boost for abilities. Thing is...it's not something that'll redeem him. Plus...it's basically a murderer's knife!

Now, something I found is...apparently, I haven't done the FFT Realm Dungeon? Will see if I get some good things out of it.

And, as for today's Daily Draw...
    • Ysayle's True Ice Rod! This is her USB, with a combination of EnIce, +MAG/RES, and a good chaser. In essence...this is like Rinoa's USB, but with a MAG boost on top. It's kind of the same situation with Ayame and Squall; both have the same function, but one's SB is way, way better than the other. Ysayle's USB triggers from Ice abilities, not BLK abilities, meaning she can trigger the chaser from Ice Witch abilities, and the two only Ice Summon skills. So, basically, it's steps better than Rinoa's, but with the spread of options, they don't need to compete for each other. Plus, it's a +Ice rod! Win-win!

Also, did the Earth Trials today, and I got a pretty nasty surprise. Did you know the Kalavinka Striker punishes you for going on the slowest Battle Speed? No, seriously! I had a loss to the Kalavinka Striker because it spammed 4 abilities in a row, before I could do anything to save at least one of my people. After a few tries, I managed to beat it, by doing something I'd never imagined - fight at Battle Speed 5. That, plus having Ingus fire up his Earth Radiant Shield BSB, allowed me to beat it.

That makes nearly all of the Trials complete, save for the Water Trials, because the King Bomb was a pain in the bum.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

29. - Top - End - #479

@Oskarleau: daaaang I didn’t realize that about the final Earth battle. I played through on speed 1, when I was about to deal the final blow it just kept attacking. 4 attacks back to back, killed 2 of my people, Bartz barely pulled off his final attack to off it. Most intense battle in a while.

Edit: oh yeah, KH3 event. Hoping they rerelease Tyro and Cloud wardrobe records. Might blow all my mythril (should be about 200 by then) on those banners.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-01-29 at 08:03 PM.

30. - Top - End - #480

BardGuy

Good stuff from earth banner, not so much elsewhere.

VIII I could still use a stronger Squall, Quistis buffs etc.

IV to reinforce strengths (Kain) and shore up other spots

And of course KH hits near the end of the month.