New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    VI draw is up.

1/3 Edgar lmr dupe.
    1/3 Celes Glint. Doesn't even do damage, just gives her two guaranteed crits. Which would be great if, say, I had her Awakening. Which I don't.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

2. - Top - End - #962
    Bugbear in the Playground

Since Xii my pulls have been meh - but VI rewarded me with icy divinity - Celes Awakenings! Making my first martial awakening and my first which isn’t lightning! The luckies alone have now been luckier than many feats!

3. - Top - End - #963
    Firbolg in the Playground

VI draw is up.

1/3 Edgar lmr dupe.
    :(

I got Kefka USB. Dark and Poison (and NE). Interesting. He won't make it to my Darkness team, but still, interesting.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ogre in the Playground

V draw is up

1/3 Lenna USB3

It's the Attack/Mag/Res with 3k stock one. Already have her last stand USB and Galuf USB for boosts so not that great. BUT it is a 6* holy boost armor
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

5. - Top - End - #965
    Titan in the Playground

V draw is up

1/3 Lenna USB3

It's the Attack/Mag/Res with 3k stock one. Already have her last stand USB and Galuf USB for boosts so not that great. BUT it is a 6* holy boost armor
    1/3, Bartz' Earth BSB. And a dupe. Eh, lenses.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

6. - Top - End - #966

V draw is up

1/3 Lenna USB3

Not shabby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    1/3, Bartz' Earth BSB. And a dupe. Eh, lenses.
    Very shabby :(

I got 1/3, Galuf Glint, will never use it.

In other news, I have 3 5* Magicite left. Syldra, Adamantoise, Ark. I came close on the former 2, haven't attempted to latter. But crikey Syldra's hard. I now finally see why people struggle with her.

Edit: dumped like all my resources into beating Syldra. Finally succeeded. What a pain. 2 left.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-09-22 at 03:13 PM.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Titan in the Playground

IV LotR up, 1/3 rainbow, Barbariccia's BSB. It's less than disappointing; it's practically a non-event.

On a whim, I also did a 1-pull on the Earth banner that popped up. Despite the odds, disco ball! ... which was Ingus' USB, a dupe several times over.

Bleh.

8. - Top - End - #968

My Lucky re-cap and round up:

T0: Queen OSB.
    XV: Noctics EX USB
    XIV: Thancred LMR
    XIII: Fang AOSB
    XII: Ashe Awakening
    XI: Aphmau BSB
    X: Lulu LMR (first real dud)
    IX: Eiko Glint
    VIII: Ultimecia Glint
    VII: Tifa LMR (Dupe), Vincent LMR
    VI: Celes Awakening
    V: Bartz LMR
    IV: Ursula LMR

Curious as to what the big prizes on this fest are likely to be. Won't skip any of the remaining 5 for 3s. Got Kraken to reliable auto sub 30 now which is nice for Arcana and passive farming.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

This month has been stressful, although a lot is a self-inflicted "I should not have brought that up"

Raines' first LMR is a little better now in that he has actual variety in his buffs ie glint into USB2. But you can probably ignore that and stick with awakening, or even just spam his burst.

LOTR V-IX weren't very exciting.
    IV was a good hit but it doesn't really fit
    I-III I still need depth in.

10. - Top - End - #970

Mmm awakenings. I only got Rem’s from LotR. Still, very pleased.

Got Rydia USB this morning. *might* make it onto one of my teams.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

11. - Top - End - #971
    Titan in the Playground

III LotR up, and it'd Desch's LMR - the one that gives him Haste and 0CT. Not terrible.

Also, the pUSB Lucky Draw is up. Gonna pass on it, but hey, if you need PHY USBs, you do you. You can probably guess what tomorrow's LD will be.

In other news, here's a thread from the FFRK subreddit. It's a visual guide to each banner of Fest, along with the dates of each. A quick rundown:
    1. The first banner appears to focus on Tyro, Elarra, Auron and Hope. Two Awakenings, two Chains., three USBs.
    2. The second banner focuses on Yuna, OK, and Vivi, guest starring Bartz and the Emperor. Four Awakenings, one Chain, two Arcane Overstrikes.
    3. The third banner has Kefka, Garland, and Sephiroth, guest starring Golbez and Pencil. Three Awakenings, one Chain, four USBs.
    4. The fourth banner has Meia, Firion, and RAIJIN CID, guest starring Lightning and Gogo (V). Four Awakenings, one Chain, two Arcane Overstrikes, one USB.
    5. The fifth banner has Luneth, Penelo, and Vaan, guest starring Cloud and Faris. Four Awakenings, one Chain, one USB.

While Banner 1 seems popular, a lot of people are thinking of sitting this one out. So don't kick yourself if you plan to, as well.

Personally, I've budgeted one 11-pull per banner. We'll see how that goes.

12. - Top - End - #972

Thanks for the info!

I too got an LMR for III. Arc’s double Sum. Might see action???

Only 1 5* magicite left. But hop boy I don’t see myself beating it anytime soon. Ark. Have little Holy mag tech. Rem with AASB is by far my best asset, then maybe Raines BSB and some Sum with Lunar Dragon. Yeah looking rough.

Edit: looking at those banners, man 3 is weird. Most new relics for Pencil, but it’s USB, LMR, LMR.

If I can get enough mythril I’ll prob go for 1 and 4.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-09-24 at 03:02 AM.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Titan in the Playground

And the II LotR is up... 1/3 rainbow, but it's Guy's BSB! Finally, something for the beaver whisperer! This actually works really well with Maria's, since it has Imperil Earth, and more importantly it means I won't feel a need to grab something for him from the lens shop. So, calling it a win.

Oh, and the mUSB LD is up, for those interested.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ogre in the Playground

1/3 - Firion bUSB.

Interesting one. 10x Holy/Ice/Fire attacks, 75% crit fix, and brave level is increased by using samurai abilities. His dive isn't great and his DC LMR I have for him is for Combat. So I doubt it'll get used outside torment but still not the worst draw as it is a 6* +ice armor.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

15. - Top - End - #975

Lucky Roundup continues:

III - Dupe (forgot what it was already, but a rainbow level dupe).
    II - Firon LMR - Chance to double Samurai, pairs nice with the USB I got for him a while back which gives self heal on Samurai or Knight abilities. Useful for II content and not much else.

The fest banners look awesome, but just missing that delcious mix of "I need it" that last fest had, right now honestly feel like I might even pass on many of them. So I'm going for luckies to warm up...

Phys USB draw - 2 Disco / 11
    Vincent USB - Dupe
    Zidane USB - New, THF boost and finisher - nice if/when I use him, unlikely to make my wind team despite being a pretty good relic.

Mag USB draw - 2 Disco / 11
    Krile brave USB - Nice! pairs well with her gen 1 Fire Chain and gives her something to really do with it.
    Desch USB - Erm. I mean, it isn't bad but... Lightning is not an easy to combo element for my III cast and Desch's kit just doesn't mesh well enough for either physical or magical Lightning teams I've got running.

16. - Top - End - #976

Hmm. Decent pulls. Nice.

Got Ricard USB. May never use it, but hey, I like Ricard.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ogre in the Playground

I draw is up: 1/3 Master LMR

I knew, KNEW, it'd be something for him lol. It's his 'More Physical damage with fist equipped' one. All I need for him is one LMR and he is fully complete.

Steam Profile

18. - Top - End - #978
    Titan in the Playground

Well, this is the end of LotRs for me. The FFI LotR, 1/3 rainbow, Master's BSB. Which isn't terrible, considering that I have two LMRs for him, somehow.

I thought about doing the third LD, but as it turns out, it's for AOSBs - so that's a pass for me. Time to wait for Fest.

And, in total:
    Spoiler: LotR Roundup
    Show
    • I: 1/3, Master's BSB. New!
    • II: 1/3, Guy's BSB. New!
    • III: 1/3, Desch's LMR. New!
    • IV: 1/3, Barbariccia's BSB. New!
    • V: 1/3, Bartz's BSB. Dupe.
    • VI: 1/3, Celes' Glint. New!
    • VII: 1/3, Aerith's USB. Dupe.
    • VIII: 1/3, Quistis' OSB. New!
    • IX: 1/3, Zidane's Awakening. New!
    • X: 1/3, Tidus' Chain. New!
    • XI: 2/3, Aphmau's USB, Aphmau's USB. Dupe, dupe.
    • XII: 1/3, Fran's LMR. New!
    • XIII: 1/3, Raines' LMR. New!
    • XIV: 1/3, Minfilia's USB. Dupe.
    • XV: 1/3, Noctis' Awakening. New!
    • Tactics: 1/3, Marche's LMR. New!
    • T-0: 1/3, Deuce's USB. New!
    Summary: 18 out of a possible maximum of 51 relics, of which only 5 were dupes. That's 13 new relics. Of the new relics, 2 Awakenings, 1 USB, 1 Chain, and 4 LMRs. Not too bad a haul!

See you for Fest, folks.

19. - Top - End - #979

I'm still not sold on Arcane Overstrikes - so skipping that Lucky.

I yielded the princess's USB so my overall haul was:

Spoiler: Haul recap
    Show

T0 - OSB, new, for character with en-Element LMR and no other relics.
    XV - exUSB, new, somewhat meh, character had no other decent relics.
    FFT - Buff USB, New, Character had no other relics
    XIV - LMR, New, Character recently made Realm Team status.
    XIII - AOSB, New, Character staple of XIII team, candidate for physical Wind.
    XII - Awakening, New, Character already Cemented on Lightning Team.
    XI - BSB, New, Character already had USB.
    X - LMR, New, Dud
    IX - Glint, New, Meh
    VIII - GLint, New, Meh
    VII - LMR (Dupe), LMR (new) character has BSB and USB already
    VI - Awakening, New, Character has BSB2 and LMR already
    V - LMR - Character has 3 BSBs and refuses to give me his USBs.
    IV - LMR - Character has BSB, unlikely to make teams.
    III - LMR Dupe
    II - LMR - Character has USB
    I - USB character has BSB.

Phys Lucky - Dupe + Zidane USB
    Mag Lucky - Krile + Desch Lucky

18 Parade relics - only one dupe, 2 Awakenings, two complete dud relics.
    4 Lucky Draw relics - One dupe, One "Win" relic, One "Meh" relic and One "Huh - I'm sure that will be usefull eventually" relic.

Happy with my haul so far.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, folks, it's official, Fest is ON!

First, the big 40-pull! 5/40, two rainbows, three discos:
    • Quina's BSB: A pretty decent SUP BSB with multiple breaks. Nice!
    • Galuf's Glint: Your typical instant-damage-plus-En-Element. Sadly, a dupe.
    • CoD's OSB: I mean, it's something for CoD at least, but yeah, OSBs are passe.
    • Reno's Brave USB: Pretty sweet, functions whether I gear him for PHY (MCH) or MAG (BLM). Sadly, a dupe.
    • Laguna's USB: Damage, En-Ice, +ATK/DEF, and W-Cast MCH? Yes, please!

Next, my pull on Banner 1 - 3/11, all discos!
    • Auron's USB: SAM-based quick-cast and crit-up, with a chaser at the end. Nice!
    • Auron's Chain: Wow, this is just his day, isn't it? A 150-hit Fire chain with Boostga. Admittedly, I already have Gil's identical Chain, but it's great to have options!
    • Tyro's Awakening: Aw, yes! Party crit=50%, Boostga/Hastega and DEF boost, and every third SUP boosts party crit damage. Oh, and Awaken SUP. This is awesome and I love it.

Calling that a win, folks!

May your pulls be bountiful and unsalted. Welcome to Fest.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ogre in the Playground

Let thine Fest begin!!

40 draw: 6/40 1 rainbow, 5 disco

Galuf Glint
    Meia OSB (dupe)
    Celes OSB
    Barret USB
    Yuffie USB1
    Aria USB

Not exactly great tbh. Aria USB could be good against fire magicites but otherwise they're pretty meh.

Planned one pull on banner 1 and 1 pull on banner 4 for the fest.

Banner 1 - 1/11 Auron LMR dupe

And this is exactly the kind of crap that makes me want to quit playing -_-

Steam Profile

22. - Top - End - #982

Did my free 40 - Passing on Banner 1 - The new Awakenings are awesome but - high level of dupes in lesser relics, limited desire for other relics.

So my free 40:
    2 Rainbow (no Dupe)
    2 Disco (1 dupe)

Zack LMR - Pretty nice, chance to chase Celerity with single hit wind attack.
    Marche LMR - Meh, only relic I have for him.
    Duece USB - Dupe
    Porom USB - Really nice (and my second USB for her) - Instant Medica + Last Stand + chase every second White Magic spell with a minor medica (boost for using Palom - who has no relics).

2 solid wins for free - I'm happy enough.

23. - Top - End - #983

2/40, both dupes. Ouch.

Banner 1, 2/10. Elarra Glint+ and Auron USB. Either Awakening or Chain would've been nice, but eh.

EDIT: Man I feel like a dumb dumb. Have Rem's AASB and nice AOSB. Didn't realize it was Holy *and Dark*. Changes my Madeen team.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-09-28 at 03:11 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ogre in the Playground

Decided to blow my other pull on banner 1.

2/11 one rainbow, one disco

Rainbow: Hope LMR. IC3 start isn't bad. Think I have his BSB/OSB so it's not completely worthless.
    Disco: Auron CSB. Definite upgrade over Krile's chain.

Overall: Not bad. Was hoping for Elarra's Awakening but oh well. Was planning on picking up her USB when it makes it to the lens shop.

Steam Profile

25. - Top - End - #985

Decided to blow my other pull on banner 1.

2/11 one rainbow, one disco

Rainbow: Hope LMR. IC3 start isn't bad. Think I have his BSB/OSB so it's not completely worthless.
    Disco: Auron CSB. Definite upgrade over Krile's chain.

Overall: Not bad. Was hoping for Elarra's Awakening but oh well. Was planning on picking up her USB when it makes it to the lens shop.
    Fire chain! Nice. Sorry you didn’t get what you wanted.

FFRK so generous with mythril, tempting to spend now, but I’ll save for banner 4. Everything else looks kinda meh (based on what I have). But man I’d like a holy chain.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

26. - Top - End - #986
    Titan in the Playground

And Banner 2 is upon us!

I know it's not popular, but I saved for one pull on each, and so help me, I'm getting my pulls' worth! 4/11, one rainbow and three discos, no dupes!
    • Yuna's LMR: Start with En-Holy. Mostly useless, but then Yuna is a mostly useless character.
    • Emperor's Chain: MAG-oriented Earth Chain. I have needed an Earth chain! Now I just need a MAG Earth team.
    • Bartz's Awakening: Oh, yes. Awoken SPB, boosts to Earth, Wind and Fire (and Water, but I guess he never made it into the band), and a chaser. What can compare?
    • OK's Awakening: This can. Basically Bartz's Awakening, but for BLM. Oh, and it has a party +MAG/RES buff, because why not.

I may be a bit giddy. This was an insane pull and I am glad I got it.

27. - Top - End - #987

And Banner 2 is upon us!

I know it's not popular, but I saved for one pull on each, and so help me, I'm getting my pulls' worth! 4/11, one rainbow and three discos, no dupes!
    • Yuna's LMR: Start with En-Holy. Mostly useless, but then Yuna is a mostly useless character.
    • Emperor's Chain: MAG-oriented Earth Chain. I have needed an Earth chain! Now I just need a MAG Earth team.
    • Bartz's Awakening: Oh, yes. Awoken SPB, boosts to Earth, Wind and Fire (and Water, but I guess he never made it into the band), and a chaser. What can compare?
    • OK's Awakening: This can. Basically Bartz's Awakening, but for BLM. Oh, and it has a party +MAG/RES buff, because why not.

Whoa that pull is killer. Nice!

I was reading about 5A last night. We’ll get it in just under 6 months. Apparently you get a bonus based on your total daily logins for your entire freaking account. If you’ve only missed a few months of logins total you get like 120 free mythril and 10ish free pulls.

Still regretting restarting my account just before 3A...

Edit: it’s max 10 on the nose. And 5 free pulls are given out as daily rewards. And while the contents are unclear, each guarantees a disco. And there are some absurdly good bundles for gems. Prob be spending more money on this game.

Edit: also there’ll be a SB change. From then on, all default, unique, shared, and OVERSTRIKE SBs will only cost 1 bar.

Yes. OSB spam.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-09-29 at 02:58 AM.

28. - Top - End - #988

And Banner 2 is upon us!

That is an insanely good pull - so good it inspired me to try this banner as well since the grandprizes offered so much coverage...

And I got 3/11 - all Discos. I was really exicted.

Disco 1: Onion AOSB - meh, I'm still not sold on AOSBs in general, and I have better uses for his gauges (pUSB and mUSB)
    Disco 2: Onion AOSB - :(
    Disco 3: Vivi AOSB - Hmmm, I lack a source of EnFire for him but this makes him a viable option among my fire mages, sort of. I have a lot of "Almost awesome" in my M-fire team to pool from, it will be interesting to see if/when he makes the cut. First I have to down Belias and Pheonix and I'm not much closer than I was on them.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Titan in the Playground

Well, the last pull clearly used up my luck reserves, because Banner 3 is up, and it was a 1/11, rainbow. Not only that, it was Pencil's LMR - the W-Cast WHM one.

You know. Because you're definitely bringing Pencil as a backup healer.

Honestly, though, I'm just not adequately hyped to pull on the banner again. It's not a great banner. (Although that music is amazing.)

Hope your pulls go better.

30. - Top - End - #990

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPanda View Post
    That is an insanely good pull - so good it inspired me to try this banner as well since the grandprizes offered so much coverage...

And I got 3/11 - all Discos. I was really exicted.

Disco 1: Onion AOSB - meh, I'm still not sold on AOSBs in general, and I have better uses for his gauges (pUSB and mUSB)
    Disco 2: Onion AOSB - :(
    Disco 3: Vivi AOSB - Hmmm, I lack a source of EnFire for him but this makes him a viable option among my fire mages, sort of. I have a lot of "Almost awesome" in my M-fire team to pool from, it will be interesting to see if/when he makes the cut. First I have to down Belias and Pheonix and I'm not much closer than I was on them.
    Hmm. Well. I make decent use of OK offensively on a couple teams. The Vivi AOSB is nice.
    Well, the last pull clearly used up my luck reserves, because Banner 3 is up, and it was a 1/11, rainbow. Not only that, it was Pencil's LMR - the W-Cast WHM one.

You know. Because you're definitely bringing Pencil as a backup healer.

Honestly, though, I'm just not adequately hyped to pull on the banner again. It's not a great banner. (Although that music is amazing.)

Hope your pulls go better.
    I found it interesting this banner is trying to make him a blaster. Fully decked out, he could be good packing Holyja. Quite good.

Sorry about the bum pull though :(

My Darkness team is quite stacked, so I'm passing. Have Seifer CSB + AASB, and Rem AASB (not super great for Darkness yet, but 6* Dark Summon will be out before too long). Plus Galuf's CSB. Yeah, the more I look at it, this banner just has little potential to benefit me.

Banner 4 though, that's where it's at.

EDIT: Mmm yeah, banner 4 it is for me. At least 2 pulls (thanks tons of bonus mythril!). I have almost none of that gear, and really want a lot of it. Firion finally becomes useful, double cast Knight and Samurai, plus I have his bUSB. TG Cid. Lightning. Yeah.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-09-30 at 10:31 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ