New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

Final banner is up. I was waiting for this. Results? 2/11, both discos, both new! CoD's Glint+, instant cast En-Dark and 0CT1, a perfect setup tool; and Vivi's Awakening, for those unsatisfied with his W-Cast USB.

Yes, that means I now have identical Awakenings for both Vivi and Terra. All shall burn before me.

So they weren't the relics I wanted. Doesn't matter, they're pretty great. Calling this Fest a win, overall.

In other news, Hades has... somehow gotten harder. I'm not 100% sure why, but I can't seem to clear him at all anymore. So I figure I'll just go back to farming some of the others and working on my inheritance for 4-star Magicites until that changes.

And maybe I'll hit up some Torments with my new toys.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Had to get creative but Hades is down.

Iris- her burst has Astra and Stoneskin, both of which were crucial.
    Elarra- the usual USB1 shenanigans. I'd rather not have two healers but I needed every bit of heals and fastcast I could find.
    Ramza- his chain would make this a lot easier but for now he mostly built meter and got in a few attacks.
    Firion- even though newer stuff is available it was his old USB1 that I ended up using the most.
    Warrior of Light- Chain, USB3 for the radiant shield. LMRs and/or awakening would help a lot.

Lightning was fast enough but I don't have the LMRs needed for her holy kit.
    TGC would probably need at least one of his new relics.

I think I can start on 5* later today but now I have a whole bunch of stuff to sort through.
    Last edited by darkdragoon; 2020-01-04 at 04:03 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ogre in the Playground

So fest may have been a total bust but in the last ~2 weeks I have gotten:

Daily Draw:
    Celes USB1
    Celes EnIce LMR
    Zidane Glint

III B1 100 Gem:
    Aria AASB

So Celes has both USBs, AOSB, and one LMR. Zidane gets even more powerful, and I get my first healer awakening. Sadly, I don't think Celes is going to be replacing Squall or Sora on my Ice team but she definitely has a spot on the Torment team.

Aria AASB is in an interesting position. Heal, Raise, Guts, and Haste with a rank based heal chase on White Magic and Bard abilities. Sounds great, but the only things I have for her is her BSB and USB1 (Heal, Fire Barrier, major Regen) as a backup if/when the AASB runs out. And the Lens shop doesn't have her USB2 or DC LMR.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I'm on an interesting predicament.

As all the draws were done and I have tickets to burn, I decided to spend 15 Mythril AND a ticket on the Ice Elemental Draw, given that it's one of the two elements causing me a little bit more conflict. (The other is Wind, specifically physical Wind.) As I do so, I actually get very, VERY good pulls.

4/22, ALL DISCOS, and no dupes in either!
    • Lulu's Medical Bracer! This is her Arcane Overstrike, of the 3 massive hits variety. Do note that it's a dual-element, hitting Ice and Water, meaning it has a bit more flexibility. While she does have some stuff, she's not exactly gifted with the good stuff, so she'll most likely work as Ice Witch and Rage breaker. Still: good for team Magical Ice.
    • Celes' Arch Sword! This is her first USB, which combines Runic with +SPB and Ability Double USB. Unlike the others, if you have a boss that uses a lot of WHT or BLK spells, you'll get more mileage out of it. With this, I have both her USBs, her AOSB and her Awakening, making her a massive tie-in for Team Physical Ice.
    • Reynn's Surge Mishiva! This is her USB which, amongst other things, imposes Imperil Ice. This is magnificent, as I don't have a source of magical Imperil Ice. It's also...what, the second Beyond relic I get? All in all, it's pretty nice.
    • Laguna's Bazooka!! If you don't know that, it's the Gen 2 Physical Ice Chain, which of course boosts ATK. Now, Laguna is well known for being prime Ice Imperiller, what with being a Machinist with a LMR that has a chance of causing Imperil Ice when using Ice skills...of which, of course, there's two that combine. Add that with Ragnarok Buster, and you get Imperilling for miles! I wanted an excuse to get Laguna into team Physical Ice, and now I have it. Probably the crowning achievement of pulls right now.

Now, you may have realized that I mentioned that I have a curious predicament, right? You see, despite:
    • Three Awakenings that are related to Ice DPS (Celes, Squall and Firion)
    • One Gen 2 Physical Ice Chain (Laguna)
    • One awesome Imperiller (Laguna)
    • Several good healers with great Medica USBs (Aerith with USB1 and LM2, Elarra with USB1 and USB2, Rosa with USB1 and USB2, Selphie with USB1, LMR and Glint, Relm with USB1 and BSB)
    • A way to get ProShellga and Hastega (healer with Protectga, Celes with Shellga, Snow with Hastega + Boostga + Faithga)

...I still can't get to beat Syldra.

Yeah, you heard that right. Syldra. AKA, "the hardest of all 5* Magicites". See, I have an issue - I can deal with 5* Fire Magicites alright, what with Fire Goddess Terra annihilating Manticore, and finally getting good chances of beating Mateus, but...I can't handle anyone else. I tried Geosgaeno with Ashe (who has risen to Lightning Goddess level) and my healing-focused Team Magical Lightning, and I still can't beat it. Because of that, I can't attempt attacking Water Magicites, which could help a lot. Of course, I *could* also try Earth Magicite, since Team Physical Earth is pretty strong (Bartz with Awakening, Ingus with Gen 1 Physical Earth chain that adds Guts + Earth Radiant Shield BSB, Tifa for Imperils, Onion Knight for buffs + Earth Ninja damage, and if I felt it necessary, I could also add Cinque for Heavy Physical), but that's a long shot. Thing is, if I want to make Earth Magicite easier, I need...to beat Wind Magicite, which is the hardest.

Hence, curious and interesting predicament. Any idea on what I can do to beat Syldra? I actually got super-close, but High Stakes often ruins the run.
    Last edited by T.G. Oskar; 2020-01-08 at 10:31 PM.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yeah, Syldra’s going to be tough without a 5* Magicite deck.

Couple of suggestions: artifacts, double healer.

I have Elarra with songs (though don’t have gen 2 Phy Ice CSB, could go crit song + Passionate Salsa) and Aerith with Curada. Squall for sure, depends on your other tech between Celes and Firion.

My lineup is Bartz (AASB), Elarra, Snow (AASB, CSB), Laguna, Aerith.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Yeah, Syldra’s going to be tough without a 5* Magicite deck.

Couple of suggestions: artifacts, double healer.

I have Elarra with songs (though don’t have gen 2 Phy Ice CSB, could go crit song + Passionate Salsa) and Aerith with Curada. Squall for sure, depends on your other tech between Celes and Firion.

My lineup is Bartz (AASB), Elarra, Snow (AASB, CSB), Laguna, Aerith.
    My setup pretty much prevents me from having a double healer, so any healer that's worth its salt will have to do. That's why I went with Aerith - her ability to form Medicas with WHM casts, plus her Last Stand USB, make her a more efficient healer. Reason is, I need a buffer (Snow, for Hastega) and an Imperiller (Laguna, who also has Gen 2 CSB) to maximize damage by the moment you reach High Stakes, which is painful if you let it go as-is. Snow also happens to provide a way to Dispel, which is great for that first Haste AND for when High Stakes is cast.

That said...with some effort, I managed to beat Syldra at last! Took me a while, but I managed to reach a point of absolute luck where I had a near-max Chain and enough time to allow Celes to cast her Arcane OSB - those three hits managed to allow me to defeat Syldra once the rest of the team was down. Since Firion has Samurai skills, Hailstorm boosts damage (at the expense of Resistance, which is painful) and Iai Hellfrost has a high chance for critical hits (at the expense of a minor Wallbreak, which is doubly painful), he's a better setup for secondary damage dealer, while Celes essentially becomes primary. The idea is that, for the best chances of survival, I need to measure when High Stakes kicks in, and THEN fire off a Dispel, because afterwards things get nasty real quick. Manticore helps with Chilling Fang dealing enough damage to often break Ice Rage, but the Haste can be an issue.

I'll definitely do some more runs with Manticore and Mateus to build up a couple of Magicite dupes and build up those two before going forward.

Speaking of other things: I decided to make a pull on the FFT Banner 2 - after all, it has Ramza's Holy Chain AND the THUNDER GOD AWAKENING, so might as well see if I hit the jackpot.

Result? 4/11, ALL DISCOS, but 2 dupes, one of them being a dupe of one item I got! Wait...did I hear thunder?

• Alma's Dreamwaker! This is her Medica USB, which has an interesting thing. This is one of those Medicas meant for Magicite bosses, because it has this particular thing called Elemental Stoneskin. What it does is make a bubble that allows you to ignore damage up to your HP, by which then you take the remainder of the damage and the bubble breaks. This one is a Dark Stoneskin, coupled with HP Stock 2000, meaning you'll survive a LOT. Pretty nice catch!
    • ...Alma's Dreamwaker. See, I got a dupe from something I got new. Those are 50 Anima Lenses, though.
    • Agrias' Guise. The second dupe. Don't mind, since that's a pretty nice +Holy Light Armor for a cool character. Go female Paladins!
    • Orlandeau's Ragnarok Masterblade!!!!!!!! No wonder I saw lightning hit the ground and the sound of thunder! In case it's not obvious, this is the THUNDER GOD AWAKENING. It has three massive boosts - one, Awaken Thunder God, which allows Infinite Hones and dualcasting of Knight AND Darkness skills, as well as a boost to those skills. In short - it allows entry to Earth, Holy and Dark teams if necessary. The second one is 100% Crit chance, meaning ALL those attacks are critical hits, so you're basically already doing 150% more damage than usual. But the last one is a godsend - THUNDER GOD MIGHT. Yes, Orlandeau decided to play to his strengths by undergoing a massive cast speed boost, so you'll be using those skills a lot more. And, since he can already start with Haste (infinite Haste at that, until dispelled or removed with Slow), that means he can use more attacks than typical Awakening users. You know who he pairs with good? Marche. His QC on front-row means Orlandeau is using those moves at the speed of light(ning). And, with his LMR that allows a chance of dualcasting Knight AND Darkness skills, that means he can rack up the damage to near-obscene levels. The one thing he DOES lack is a source of EnHoly, EnEarth or EnDark, because otherwise the damage would be absolutely obscene! So yeah - I hit the jackpot. GG, Record Keeper.

And you know how to celebrate that pull? How about sub-30'ing Papa Nurgle (aka, Queklain Cuchulainn? Yes, the second sub-30 for a DWhale difficulty Torment. Turns out, replacing Ovelia with Alma was a good start (Alma's slot-saver has Astra, so that means I don't need to spend my time with Hastega, meaning everyone kills things fater), her Medica USB means I can basically stop worrying about Incubus Unholy Darkness (one use of it allows me to eat two of those, provided I have some Dark damage mitigation), and if I play my cards right, I can rack up the Realm Chain to deal obscene amounts of damage ASAP. Plus, since I ALSO got Agrias' Awakening, and her LMR allows me to imperil Holy with Knight skills (which get doublecast with her Awakening), AND her Awakening has a 2-turn Chaser that imposes imperil Holy, that means I can take this sucker down.

2 down, 15 more to go. And I feel pretty confident about VIII (what with Laguna offering Ice Chain AND Selphie having a Glint Medica, plus having both Squall's and Fujin's Awakenings) and maybe XI (Curilla having two USBs, one of them being Radiant Shield and the other being a semi-copy of Cecil's front-row Medica). Don't feel so confident about the rest, tho.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it's a ticket draw day. And since I still can't consistently beat Hades, that means I'm going to pull for Holy. The result? A whopping four disco balls. Perhaps more impressive, only one is a dupe!
    • Queen Bea's Arcane: The dupe. Not complaining, it's a good +Holy sword.
    • Enna Kros' Arcane: Yay, my Condo has arrived! Not that I use her, but I think I have one of her LMRs also, so this isn't a bad thing.
    • Rem's Arcane: Why do I keep getting Rem relics? Yet more T0 +Holy daggers. I mean, the stat boost is nice, but I never use her, so...?
    • Firion's USB: A pretty great one, actually. 0CT on SAM and KNT, and causes SAM and KNT to heal him. Thing is, I have his Awakening, so this is really just more of a stat boost. Still solid.

Today is a good day.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Well, it's a ticket draw day. And since I still can't consistently beat Hades, that means I'm going to pull for Holy. The result? A whopping four disco balls. Perhaps more impressive, only one is a dupe!
    • Queen Bea's Arcane: The dupe. Not complaining, it's a good +Holy sword.
    • Enna Kros' Arcane: Yay, my Condo has arrived! Not that I use her, but I think I have one of her LMRs also, so this isn't a bad thing.
    • Rem's Arcane: Why do I keep getting Rem relics? Yet more T0 +Holy daggers. I mean, the stat boost is nice, but I never use her, so...?
    • Firion's USB: A pretty great one, actually. 0CT on SAM and KNT, and causes SAM and KNT to heal him. Thing is, I have his Awakening, so this is really just more of a stat boost. Still solid.

Today is a good day.
    Nice Pull.

I chose water for my ticket:

4/11 - All Discos

Tidus USB - Dupe
    Yuffie Arcane
    Wakka AASB
    Tidus AASB

I second the Today is a good day.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

9. - Top - End - #1119

Nice pulls, folks. Wow, 2 AASB.

I did XII. Went 1/11, Gabranth CSB. Too bad I have Seifer CSB+AASB.

EDIT: checked my 5* magicite deck progress. Still need 2x Behemoth King, 4x Typhon, and 6x Syldra. Copies, not individuals. That's a lotta Syldras...
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-01-14 at 10:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ogre in the Playground

Phoenix is down! I repeat, the bird has been drowned!

Can't say it was a clean win. 24s kill but he took 3 people down with him. The very last turn I had to have Aerith Curada Tidus to keep him alive for the killing blow. That is a stupid amount of damage coming in fast. Now I just need to beat him... 11 more times? 2x HP boons for Inheritance and one for Dampen Blizzard.

Spoiler: Party
    Show

Rikku - Mug Bloodlust/Sapphire Shot - CSB, USB1 - DMT
    Shelke - Entrust bot
    Aerith - Hastega/Curada - USB2 - TGMight
    Tidus - Sapphire shot/Sapphire Bullet - AASB/USB1 - Mako Might
    Sora - Shellga/Stormspell Strike - AASB
    RW: Wall

Fight was a rush fest. Shelke used RW at the start, Aerith used Hastega, Sora used Shellga. Tidus and Rikku started whaling on him to build a bar. Shelke Wrathed once then entrusted to Aerith every turn after. Tidus used USB > AASB then spammed Bullet. Rikku Used CSB > USB1 then spammed Sapphire Shot. Sora used AASB and spammed Stormspell.

As I said, final turn Aerith didn't have a bar for USB so she just Curada'd Tidus to keep him alive for the killing shot. Wondering if Elarra USB would be better but no last stand is a huge issue I have with her. Mostly same issue with Aria AASB. Only get 1 LS since I don't have her USB2, and I don't think I can keep up with the damage without it on this particular fight.

Steam Profile

11. - Top - End - #1121

BardGuy

It was ugly but going 2 healers downed Quetz-this time it was Aerith. I still feel like I need more damage particularly from Galuf.

12. - Top - End - #1122

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Phoenix is down! I repeat, the bird has been drowned!

Can't say it was a clean win. 24s kill but he took 3 people down with him. The very last turn I had to have Aerith Curada Tidus to keep him alive for the killing blow. That is a stupid amount of damage coming in fast. Now I just need to beat him... 11 more times? 2x HP boons for Inheritance and one for Dampen Blizzard.
    Spoiler: Party
    Show

Rikku - Mug Bloodlust/Sapphire Shot - CSB, USB1 - DMT
    Shelke - Entrust bot
    Aerith - Hastega/Curada - USB2 - TGMight
    Tidus - Sapphire shot/Sapphire Bullet - AASB/USB1 - Mako Might
    Sora - Shellga/Stormspell Strike - AASB
    RW: Wall

Fight was a rush fest. Shelke used RW at the start, Aerith used Hastega, Sora used Shellga. Tidus and Rikku started whaling on him to build a bar. Shelke Wrathed once then entrusted to Aerith every turn after. Tidus used USB > AASB then spammed Bullet. Rikku Used CSB > USB1 then spammed Sapphire Shot. Sora used AASB and spammed Stormspell.

As I said, final turn Aerith didn't have a bar for USB so she just Curada'd Tidus to keep him alive for the killing shot. Wondering if Elarra USB would be better but no last stand is a huge issue I have with her. Mostly same issue with Aria AASB. Only get 1 LS since I don't have her USB2, and I don't think I can keep up with the damage without it on this particular fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    It was ugly but going 2 healers downed Quetz-this time it was Aerith. I still feel like I need more damage particularly from Galuf.
    Nice magicite progress, folks!

More progress than I've made recently. Still need to finish my 5* decks (down to needing 2 copies of Behemoth King and 4 of Syldra). Also want to down some more Torments (those that I have AASBs for). Then I'll try Odin.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

13. - Top - End - #1123

BardGuy

Last night I managed an even uglier Famfrit clear after a few "oh come on!" attempts. Lightning was of course crucial. Kain put work in although he really wants more (and on cue, there's a IV banner). Prompto is still a bit too squishy and I need more crystals.

14. - Top - End - #1124

BardGuy

So my IV pull doesn't really help with Famfrit, but might with Geo. I have managed to take him down a couple times but it's still iffy.

So there's beating up 4* for inherit fodder, and the mote dungeons to try and grab every stat bonus I can.

Similiarly tonight's event has stuff for favorites and the kid sidekicks.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Troll in the Playground

So...remember those Realm/Elemental Tickets? I don't usually get to use them, but when I do, I do so as part of a revenge pull when choosing to spend my 15 Myth somewhere. Realizing just how bad I went against Xande's Clone, I figured I needed a push on FFIII. So, I made my 15 Myth pull, and when I (of course) felt disappointed with the pull, I went for the revenge pull.

Result(s)? 4/22 (divided into 1/11 and 3/11), THREE DISCOS, and 2 dupes.

• Aria's Prism Rod. The dupe. Twice. (And it appeared on both pulls!) Mostly a medica USB which grants a 100% Fire Stoneskin, which is perfect against Fire Magicite bosses. It's instant cast, so it's pretty nice.
    • Ingus' Knight's Helm! This is his LMR, which is another I was looking for. It's a chaser, similar to that of Ashe (3 hit Earth combo, followed by a 1,500 HP), triggered by Earth moves. Ingus' basic LMs aren't that great, but this LMR is exceptional. It doesn't trigger that much (just like Ashe's one), but when it does, it's super cool. Definitely another source of healing for Team Physical Earth, and Team Earth in general
    • Luneth's Dragoon Lance! This is his OSB. It has two advantages; since OSBs now cost 1 SB gauge, but more importantly, it's a 6* +Wind weapon, which is better than the weapon I had.

After seeing that gift for Ingus, I decided I'd make a try against Quetzalcoatl. And while it took me a while...surprise surprise, I've beaten it. Twice. Actually, it was more of a surprise for me, because I thought I wouldn't the first time.

Spoiler: Party Compo
    Show
    Ingus, lv. 99; Shock Hammer (7*), Crystal Shield, Coral Ring; Gaia Force R3, Protectga R3; Stoic Knight LMR, Loyal Heart LMR, MM
    Bartz, lv. 99; Gogo's Falchion (7*), Dorgaan's Redoubt, Metal Card; Blastspell Strike R4, Tremoring Quadstrike R3; Twinstrike Champion LM2, Hereditary Skill LMR, Ace Striker
    Elarra, lv. 99; Ogrenyxes (Art.), Hermes' Suit (8*), Crag Armlet; Curada R5, Shellga R3; Historic Brilliance LM2, To Be Human LM1; Knight's Charge
    Tifa, lv. 99; God's Hand, Kelger's Cloak, Goddess' Earrings; Earthen Rebuke R4, Spirited Dispatch R4; Fighter's Instinct LM2, Heroic Devotion LM1, Battleforged
    Onion Knight, Platinum Hammer, Gaia Gear (FFT), Berserker Ring; Desert Mirage R3, Shifting Sands R3; Swordsman Sublime LM2, DMT
    RW: Fabula Guardian (Elarra)
    Magicite: Earth Guardian lv. 99 (Dampen Lightning lv. 10); Catastrophe Lv. 99, Midgardsormr Lv. 99, Mateus Lv. 99, Firemane Lv. 99 (Dampen Blizzard Lv. 10)

Soul Breaks: Gen 1 Chain & occasionally BSB2 (Ingus), Earth!BSB (Bartz), Wake (Bartz), Magika Album & Magika Coat (Elarra), BSB2 & OSB (Tifa), pUSB (Onion)

Mostly, the idea is to have Ingus work the Chain (it grants Last Stand, which is awesome), Bartz being the main damage dealer, Tifa does Imperil and fills up the Chain, and Onion grants buffs and fills Chain. Since Tifa has her OSB, it helps to break Lightning Rage, so that Bartz can do high damage. With Bartz on his Awakening Mode, he deals all the damage he can pull off as fast as he can. Elarra fires off her Medica USB1 first, to get Regenga, and then either use it again or use BSB.

That said, I'm not sub-30'ing it, but I can do it under a minute. Mostly because of two things - first, Ingus gets paralyzed, so it's usually either he can't activate his Chain, or he can't activate his BSB2, which is fantastic to add damage. The other is that, because he gets paralyzed, he can't recharge the Chain, which means that Bartz kinda runs out of steam, so his Woke Mode crashes, and he then depends on his USB2. That said, Tifa then picks up the slack.

Of course, since Elarra is on the middle spot, that means she gets paralyzed first, and it lasts for quite a while. I have a very small window of opportunity to activate her Medica before she gets killed. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. So, it's really a matter of luck. Sadly, Ingus' LMR rarely activates, because if it did, it'd be much easier to handle that period of time. That said, I'm satisfied with what I got.

4 Six-Stars...12 more to go.

Also...I got more stuff from the Record Labs.
    • Ramza's Sasuke's Blade! This is his USB1, which is fantastic - Boostga, Faithga and +DEF, so it stacks with everything, but the key here is that it grants IC1 to ALL ALLIES. When it's fired, it's an amazing comeback tool. I'm gonna definitely set it up as my RW, so if you guys still have me, do use me. I want me Greens.
    • Dr. Mog's Healing Stick! This is his LMR, which grants W-Cast to WHM spells. Coupled with his LM2 (which grants W-Cast to BLK and SUM), he can W-Cast everything that his USB takes advantage of. Wonderful choice, even though LMRs are too expensive IMO.
    On Lawful Good:

16. - Top - End - #1126

Did 2 pulls on the X banner. Got essentially junk (stuff for Paine, but not enough to get her on team water). Oh and Tidus Glint+.

Then got Eight AASB on the daily. Nice.

EDIT: Thought getting an AASB was a sign that I should pull again. I did. Got 1/11, a rainbow :(

Then I thought hey I'm thinking of quitting video games. Might as well spend those blues! So I did another pull.

4/11, 1 rainbow and 3 discos. But then 2 of the discos turned into... glowy discos. Got me Rikku AASB and 2x Tidus Sync. Yay, my first Sync.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-02-23 at 03:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

17. - Top - End - #1127

BardGuy

A lot has been my 4* being stubborn with drops. Other time mostly goes to motes as it's getting to the point where some need the last bit of stats and even some of the more situational L2s are needed when the 6* dive comes up.

Heca I either seem to run out of gas or perhaps letting Cloud go crazy too early as it seems to go into super spam mode and I can't keep up.
    Haven't retried Behemoth King; got some upgrades for Red XIII but was hoping for Maria.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Titan in the Playground

You know, this thread could use some dusting off. And as it happens, there's a LotR draw upon us! So let's see what 5 mythril can get you, hmm?

1/3, rainbow: Cater's Glint, an instant Fire/Ice/Lightning ranged PHY attack with a build in Power/Magic Breakdown. Not bad!

How do your pulls fare?

19. - Top - End - #1129

Oh hey. I was just thinking to post the 5A celebration will be upon us in a couple weeks, and boom we got LotR. Whaddya know.

Me, I got disco/3, a new Ultra for Eight. Very nice since I only had his AASB. May not make it onto team Ice (competing with CSB+AASB Snow, Laguna the Imperiler, and Squall with AASB), but still nice.

EDIT: I recalled I have zero AASB's for XV so did a pull on the banner. Got 2 discos... both Lunafreya Glint+. Not very useful by itself.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-03-05 at 10:59 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Titan in the Playground

Ooh, hey, a focused draw is up! Unfortunately, I have most of the Awakenings and Chains on it, so I'mma give it a pass. But the FFT LotR is up! 1/3 disco, Delita's AOSB. That's neat. At least it's new.

EDIT: And XV LotR is up! Good news, it's a 2/3, rainbow and disco! Bad news, the rainbow is Noctis' Glint (which is, eh, okay) and the disco, Cor's AOSB, is a dupe.

Better luck next time, I guess.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2020-03-07 at 08:23 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1131

Ooh, hey, a focused draw is up! Unfortunately, I have most of the Awakenings and Chains on it, so I'mma give it a pass. But the FFT LotR is up! 1/3 disco, Delita's AOSB. That's neat. At least it's new.

EDIT: And XV LotR is up! Good news, it's a 2/3, rainbow and disco! Bad news, the rainbow is Noctis' Glint (which is, eh, okay) and the disco, Cor's AOSB, is a dupe.

Better luck next time, I guess.
    Decent, decent.

FFT: Montblanc's LMR. I doubt it'll ever see action.

FFXV: Double disco, Prompto CSB (new) and USB (dupe). A physical Lightning CSB! Excellent, this'll boost my physical Lightning team. I had been using Garnet's CSB.

I also spent $4 or so on the $1 pulls on a few different banners last night. Hadn't been doing them. Got 0 rainbow, 1 disco, Kuja's AASB. Which... is cool, I have an abundance of Dark AASBs though.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Titan in the Playground

XIV is up. 1/3, rainbow, dupe: Yda's BSB. This LotR just is not going my way.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ogre in the Playground

Not really been playing much but here's my LotR pulls so far:

T0: Trey AASB, Cater AOSB
    T: TGCid USB
    XV: Noctis AASB
    XIV: Skip

So far they've been impressively good pulls.

Steam Profile

24. - Top - End - #1134

XIV is up. 1/3, rainbow, dupe: Yda's BSB. This LotR just is not going my way.
    My condolences. I got Cid LMR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Not really been playing much but here's my LotR pulls so far:

T0: Trey AASB, Cater AOSB
    T: TGCid USB
    XV: Noctis AASB
    XIV: Skip

So far they've been impressively good pulls.
    Yowza, good indeed.

I intended to pull on the 2nd XV banner, 'cause I have no AASBs, then I noticed I have all 3 AOSBs.

Speaking of which, if nobody noticed, AASBs and AOSBs (and others) are going to get levels in the future, similar to how a Sync does. So getting dupes of them can be desirable.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Titan in the Playground

My condolences. I got Cid LMR.

Yowza, good indeed.

I intended to pull on the 2nd XV banner, 'cause I have no AASBs, then I noticed I have all 3 AOSBs.

Speaking of which, if nobody noticed, AASBs and AOSBs (and others) are going to get levels in the future, similar to how a Sync does. So getting dupes of them can be desirable.
    The feature I'm more looking forward to is Unique Abilities. Some of these sound legitimately insane and I love them and want them yesterday.

So, on with LotR, today is XIII, and 1/3 disco: Snow's Ice Chain. Another dupe.

When will I learn not to hope?

26. - Top - End - #1136

The feature I'm more looking forward to is Unique Abilities. Some of these sound legitimately insane and I love them and want them yesterday.

So, on with LotR, today is XIII, and 1/3 disco: Snow's Ice Chain. Another dupe.

When will I learn not to hope?
    Heck yeah, unique abilities. I'm excited for that too.

I too went dupe/3. Lightning USB.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Titan in the Playground

Heck yeah, unique abilities. I'm excited for that too.

I too went dupe/3. Lightning USB.
    And tonight's XII LotR, 1/3, a new USB for Basch. At least it's new.

Honestly, with what I'm reading about being able to level up certain other SBs, I'm slightly less salty about all these dupes. Apparently the leveling-up is retroactive, meaning that every dupe you pulled will mean one level added to the SB anyway. That seems insane to me, but good. Apparently this means, among other things, that a fully-leveled AOSB costs 2 bars instead of 3, or that a fully-leveled Awakening has two uses instead of one. Admittedly, that takes about ten copies (or something similarly obscene), but still.

It's a slight consolation prize, I suppose. To have something I can do with all this salt.

28. - Top - End - #1138

And tonight's XII LotR, 1/3, a new USB for Basch. At least it's new.

Honestly, with what I'm reading about being able to level up certain other SBs, I'm slightly less salty about all these dupes. Apparently the leveling-up is retroactive, meaning that every dupe you pulled will mean one level added to the SB anyway. That seems insane to me, but good. Apparently this means, among other things, that a fully-leveled AOSB costs 2 bars instead of 3, or that a fully-leveled Awakening has two uses instead of one. Admittedly, that takes about ten copies (or something similarly obscene), but still.

It's a slight consolation prize, I suppose. To have something I can do with all this salt.
    It does indeed assuage the salt.

I went dupe/3, an LMR for Larsa.

EDIT: *Finally* got all my 5* Magicites done (well, need to "egg" up 3 more Syldras to 80, but hey). Now the weird thing will be grinding out 20 magicites per month for those blues.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-03-11 at 10:12 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Titan in the Playground

You know what? I'm going to hold off on further LotR pulls. At least for now. Here's why.

Okay. So the LotR runs until 4/13-14. That's one month away. Got it? Good. Here's what's happening in that time.

First of all, between now and then there will be regular events and daily missions and what-not. From the start of LotRs to the end, that means we can expect between about 150 and 170 mythril. On top of that, the 5th Anniversary event itself gives just under 100 mythril. And on top of that, there will be new veterans' rewards for long-time players, totaling just over 120 mythril. So that means between then and now, at the high end, you can expect between 370 and 390 mythril. (Source.)

But if you're thinking of spending it solely on LotRs, look at what's coming. We expect 5th Anniversary Fest in late March, probably around the 25th - in just two weeks. The event will include four Fest banners - Water, Earth/Ice, Fire, and Wind - each with at least one Syncro and several Awakenings. These banners are first-pull half-price but only if you pay with gems. In addition, there will be an Awakening Select banner - if you make two full-price pulls, get your pick of Awakenings from a list. There will also be pre-fest Lucky Draws, one for Glints and LMRs, one for Arcanes, and one for Awakenings. And, of course, there will be gem banners. (Source.)

So let's assume for a moment you want to pull everything. That's four Fest banners at 50 apiece, for 200. Two pulls on the Awakening Select banner, that's another 100. And one pull each on the three Lucky Draws, that's 75. That's a total of 375 mythril.

For reference, that's basically almost your entire profit between now and the end of Fest.

Now, if you're sitting on a trove of mythril, that's a no-brainer. You can burn it all on LotR and still have enough left over to bid on everything Fest-related.

But if, like me, you kinda wanna save your little blue crystals, holding off on LotR until after Fest will give you a better sense of where you are. It will let you spend where you want to on Fest, and if you decide not to, you can still blow it on LotR after.

So that's my plan. Let's see if I'm actually strong enough to do it.

30. - Top - End - #1140

Thanks for the numbers, Red Fel.

Me, I'll not bother with some of the luckies, nor some of the banners themselves. What I really "need" right now is I, II, III, XI, XII, XIV, XV tech. I'm good for pretty much all Elemental stuff. So a lot of these big banners hold little appeal.

Speaking of which, did XI, got dupe OSB/3.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ