New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 31 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default (IC) Calm Before The Storm

Spoiler: Map Stuff
    Show
    Map

Hard lines are walls, designating buildings. Dotted lines are fences.

1: Drawbridge
    2: Watchtowers
    3: Town Square + Nightstone
    4A: Delfryndel Residence
    4B: Osstra Farm
    4C: Southwell Farm
    4D: Hulvaarn Farm
    4E: Summerhawk Residence
    4F: Agganor Residence
    4G: Nesper Farm
    4H: Xelbrin Residence
    5: Temple
    6A: Nandar Crypt/Graveyard
    6B: North Graveyard
    7: Stable House
    8: Nightstone Inn
    9: Trading Post
    10: Windmill
    11: Bridge
    12: Gate To The Keep
    13: Inner Bailey
    14: Nandar Keep

Spoiler: Nightstone Physical Information
    Show
    Nightstone is a motte-and-bailey fortification built on the Ardeep River. The settlement's general features are summarized here.

Bailey. A 15-foot-high wooden palisade encloses the village bailey. The palisade's logs rise to sharpened points, and the gaps between the logs are sealed with tar. The palisade and its stone watchtowers can't be climbed without the aid of climbing gear or magic.

All the buildings in the village except the watchtowers are made of wood and have steep, shingled rooftops. Muddy paths connect them. Moat. Water from the river fills the moat to a depth of 15 feet. The moat is 30 feet wide, narrowing to a width of 20 feet under the drawbridge. The moat is home to schools of trout.

Motte. The keep overlooking the village stands atop a constructed, funnel-shaped hill called a motte. The rocky slopes of the motte are covered with loose shale, and scaling these slopes without climbing gear or magic is quite difficult.

Encircling the motte's keep is an 8-foot-high stone parapet with a 15-foot-high outer curtain wall made of thick wooden planks perforated with shuttered archer windows. The outer walls of the keep are made of smooth, tightly fitted stone bricks. The keep and the outer curtain wall can't be climbed without the aid of climbing gear or magic.

Spoiler: Nightstone NPC Information
    Show
    Agganor Family: Destiny Agganor is a no-nonsense tiefling midwife who takes regular trips to the relatively-nearby town of Neverwinter to get supplies and visit friends. Her adult human son Grin tends to Lady Nandar's stables, and occasionally assists both his mother and the Summerhawk's with keeping townsfolk healthy.

Delfryndel Family: This human family operates the windmill. Currently there are three generations: Renarra, her sons Olaf and Zalf, Zalf's wife Elize, and their children Darson and Hildy. All are good dependable farmfolk who look out for each other and their friends. Renarra's husband and the family patriarch died last year when Nightstone was attacked by elves, and the family as a whole has become less tolerant of other races in that time, particularly elves.

Hulvaarn Family: This human family harvests potatoes and turnips. Nester runs the business side of the farm, while his son Godrick and Godrick's son Ellis and Ghalt handle the labor. Godrick's wife Prennis and their daughter Jehanna keep the house in order and occasionally go out into the forest to pick fruits; Jehanna in particular seems to have an affinity for flitting into the highest branches for a sweet treat.

Nesper Family: This human family harvests pumpkin and squash. Bromir, Ingred work the farm, with the occasional assistance of their adult daughter Sylda, teen girl Yondra, and young boy Sarvin - although the two younger siblings have a bad habit of going around town pulling pranks when they're not working.

Osstra Family: This human family harvests wheat. The family is largely run by by Olga, the sharp-eyed matriarch with a reputation as a savvy negotiator. Her son Brynn, his husband Thelbin, Brynn's sister Beatrice, and Beatrice's adult son Broland keep the farm running, although it's no secret that Broland itches for a chance to explore the world beyond Nightstone.

Southwell Family: Semile Southwell is a widow whose husband died defending Nightstone. She raises pigs and chickens to sell as meat through the winter to the other families, to the Lady, to the tavern, and to the trader. Semile likes getting visitors, and the children about town can often be seen going in and out to chat with the nice old lady.

Summerhawk Family: The Summerhawks are a family of halflings: Larlow and Taela, a pair of apothecaries whose herbs help soothe the townsfolk's troubles, and their four children (Barley, Midge, Nincy, and Dollop). Taela can often be seen haranging her husband for his antics about town, although the rest of the time it's pretty clear she loves him dearly.

Xelbrin Family: Melantha is a notary and record keeper who moved here a few years back at Lady Nandar's request, along with her husband Lathan. The two of them largely keep to themselves except when they have business, although they seem pleasant enough should one decide to visit.

The Temple: Hiral Mystrum maintains this temple dedicated to Lathander (god of the dawn) and Mielikki (goddess of forests). The young man takes his duties as steward very seriously, despite the small scale of the town and church, but when not busy has a reputation as a shameless gossip.

Nightstone Inn: This establishment is owned and operated by Morak Ur'gray, a stoutly dwarf with an infectious laugh and a natural charisma that serves him well in his line of work. The old dwarf is an eternal optimist, and has a great deal of faith in Lady Nandar's ability to keep Nightstone running smoothly.

Trading Post: This outpost of the Lionshield Coster is run by Darthag Ulgar, a gruff trader who doesn't rip anybody off, but refuses to be ripped off himself and has a keen eye for value and potential value. He occasionally takes to the road to trade more interesting items (both buying and selling), and often offers good coin for those that can perform some relatively simple tasks.

The Nandars Of Nightstone: The beauty of Ardeep Forest and the mystique of its elven ruins have long attracted nobles from Waterdeep. The nobles of House Nandar had a hunting lodge in the forest two centuries ago, but elves forced them to abandon it. Ten years ago, members of House Nandar-Lord Drezlin Nandar and Lady Velrosa Nandar--decided it was time to return. They built a new motte-and-bailey settlement south of the Ardeep Forest and began making forays into the woods with friends to hunt and explore. Unknown to the Nandars, wood elves from Evermeet then settled in the forest, determined to protect the remnants of old elf empires from plunder and desecration. As in the past, the interests of the elves and Nandars were at cross purposes.

A year ago, the conflict came to a head, and the elves attacked Nightstone. Drezlin was among the many slainshot and killed by elf arrows while standing on the roof of his keep. His widow, Lady Velrosa Nandar, made peace with the elves and promised to make no further incursions into the Ardeep Forest-a promise she intends to keep for the rest of her life.

Additionally, some twenty guards make their home in the keep, in the barracks, in the watchtowers, and in some small houses surrounding Nightstone.

Today begins, as normal a day in Nightstone as any other. Where are you, and what are you doing?
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2018-07-26 at 07:13 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) Calm Before The Storm

Kriv awakes on his bed made of stone and a mattress filled with straw in the cellar. It was not his preferred place to sleep but Darthag has convinced the large creature to take his room there because he feared the old wooden house would not accept his weight any longer. It was true, the red dragonborn had been eating very much in the last few months and years. He always awoke a bit late, because as usual, he was roaming around town the night before. Chasing women, alcohol and thrill of games and of song. But he missed the long journeys with his father to travel far to trade goods, the adventures that lay on the wayside. Not that he experienced many of them. Kriv once almost gutted a passing friend of Darthag for surprising him. At another time he met a crew of kobolds that tried to trap the caravan but they started to revere Kriv like a god when they saw him.

So the large creature rolled himself out of the bed and before he could completely close the door that leads from the basement to the ground floor, he got swatted by his foster father with a big roll of tax reports. I don't pay you to sleep, Kriv. Bring this knife set to Olga. This cook book belongs to Semile. Tell her, her casserole was great. Destiny needs these oils and bandages. Kriv looked at him with the look of a young man that hasn't finished his sleep yet. "What're you looking for? Go, go, you can eat breakfast later." As if to punctuate Darthag's sentence, Kriv's stomach grumbled. It was just as upset with Ulgar's choices as Kriv himself. The red lizard made a nice bundle out of the things he had to deliver and took his halberd like a walking stick and headed out.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Nina for her part was doing what she did every morning.

Setting up for the highlight of deary Nightstone's day, the fabulous Nina puppet show! YAY!!!!

Climbing up to the stage that hung off the inn in the wee hours of the morning, Nina stuck her body in the crevasse of the understage preventing children from seeing her, and ruining the non magical illusion.

Now kids. She said as puppet Nina to the group of kids and eager for a break parents that had assembled before the stage. Sit back, and let big me, tell you the ballad, the life, the dream of Castius Maximus. She said has her other hand pulls out a puppet of a grey robed and wizard hatted man with a long white beard and angry casting eyes.

And so the story began.

Spoiler
    Show

Performance (1d20+8)[14]
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Markas Ordmund
    Lvl 1 Tempest Cleric//Giant Soul Sorcerer

Markas rose before the sun and completed his morning ablutions and prayers to the Seladrine, ate a light breakfast and then hitched up his pack. He was a little light on coin and figured he might venture into the woods and forage some herbs to either trade or if the Summerhawks weren't particularly interested, turn into a restorative tincture.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20)[3] - relevant modifiers - Survival +5, Herbalism Kit - +2, Nature +0

He did not stray too far into the woods so that he could make it to town when he knew the Summerhawk's or at least one of them would be awake. Once the drawbridge was down for the day, he walked across the drawbridge, greeting the guards on duty, and went directly to the Summerhawk house to trade.

Markas knocked politely on their door and called out

"Larlow? Taela? It's Markas."
    Last edited by Alias_Trench; 2018-07-27 at 08:18 AM.
    "Trois choses ne peuvent pas être cachées ... le soleil, la lune, la vérité"

Currently Playing - The Calm Before the Storm - OOC | IC
    Former Games - The Forbidden Land of Sundara: BROKEN SUN- OOC | IC
    The Forbidden Land of Sundara: INSURGENCY- OOC III | IC III

5. - Top - End - #5

Planetar

Rook Shekten - Recently Sober, Former City Guardsman

Like every morning for the past week Rook rolls out bed in a meager room of the Nightstone Inn and begins his daily routine. Fifty push-ups. 100 abdominal crunches. Then he moves on to the various martial fighting forms to still his body and meditation to calm his mind. Once finished, he wipes himself down with the cloth and water basin in the room. Small clothes. Pants. Shirt. Doublet. Boots. Sword belt. Like the seasons. Everyday. Just like it was back in the Guard.

The City Guard. Life was good back then. Routine. Discipline. It made sense. Now you're just trying to hold out one more day. How did you fall so far?

Rook mentally shook himself. He couldn't follow that path of thinking. It only led to pain and regret. He had to keep moving forward. Not back. He heads downstairs to see what work Morak had for him today.

"Good morning, Morak. What's on the docket for today?"

"And good mornin' to ye, Rook! I'll be needin' tha wheat I ordered from tha Osstra farm. I need it to brew me stout. We're runnin' low. Don't be lettin' that Broland keep you long. We got lots to do today. And oh! Before you go. How've those meditations been goin'?"

"Well. I think they're helping."

With that Rook heads out to the Osstra Farm. On his way he stops at the Nandar Crypt to pay his respects to Drezlin. "Be well, my friend. And I'm sorry."

When he gets to the Osstra farmstead, Rook attempts to hurry business along in order to avoid the most inquisitive Osstra, Broland. The boy was just too impulsive. He didn't know the dangers that lay in wait outside the walls of Nightstone. And Rook wasn't going to feed the fire by telling stories of his days hunting with Drezlin. Plus, it brought up too many bad memories.

Once the wheat is paid for, Rook takes a more circuitous route back to the Nightstone Inn swinging by the Trading Post to have quick word with Kriv. They pass each other in transit and exchange pleasantries making plans to spar after the day's work was done. One day he might get through to that kid. Though Rook was quickly becoming "the old guy" in Kriv's eyes, it still made him smile when he bested the dragonborn in a match. Nothing like getting beat to make you respect your elders. Heh.

Sack of grain slung over his shoulder, Rook makes the decision to pick up a pumpkin for Morak, even though he didn't ask. Morak loved making pies, so he wouldn't mind the detour.

"Um...hi, Sylda. It's been a while."

"Fancy seeing you around here. I'd've expected you to still be sleeping off whatever you drank last night." Rook's face creases in pain. Sylda sighs. "What do you want, Rook? I have work to do."

"I guess I deserve that. But you should know that I've given up drinking. Haven't touched a drop for a week!" Rook pauses waiting for a response that doesn't come. "Well, um..." He runs his free hand through his salt and pepper hair. "Uh...Morak sent me to get a pumpkin. He's making one of his famous pumpkin pies. If you want, I can save you a piece. Maybe bring it by later?" He looks at Sylda with sad, expectant eyes.

"What do you want me to say, Rook? That months of not talking and isolating yourself while you're drowning in ale is all forgiven, because you've been sober for a week? She puts a hand to her forehead and takes a long breath. She turns around and picks out a big orange gourd from the cart behind her. Sylda unceremoniously hands it to Rook. His hand briefly touches hers in the exchange. She has been pointedly looking elsewhere throughout the conversation, but with the contact she looks up in his face.

Rook flashes a small smile. "I'm sorry. I know I hurt you. Just...give me another chance. Each day it gets...better, easier. To be who I was before--I'm going to get my old post back, and everything will be okay again." He let's out a breath and looks around not knowing exactly what to do. "Uh...so...I'll save you a piece of pie. And if you want to, you can come by the Inn tonight and pick it up." He doesn't wait for an answer in case it wasn't what he wanted to hear and walks back to the Nightstone Inn.

After being grilled about his encounter with Sylda Nesper, Rook helps Morak set up the tavern for the afternoon and evening crowd. That done, he heads across the bridge to the training yard in the bailey to spar with Kriv. After a few rounds Rook heads back to the Inn hoping the whole way that a certain lady would stop in for some pie.
    "How could a man go through life with so little? Nothing of permanence, nothing built up to leave behind him. Nothing to testify to his existence at all. The kind of man who isn't focused on his own existence, I guess. The kind of man who cares more about others than he does himself..."--Harry Dresden, from Ghost Story

Nosce te ipsum

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Something to Rook was off. Maybe it was the fact that some guards turned their heads. Maybe it's the cats that suddenly jump up from their sunbathing to get to safer pastures. Rook however dives under Kriv's attack with a whole leg of ham and comes up, kicking Kriv in the shin during the process to make him waver. The large dragonborn wasn't born yesterday but instead of dodging the trip, he simply forces his full body weight on the attacked leg. The old man makes an almost impossible move and pushes Kriv's head down while kicking the other leg too, making the giant fall down. It's a sound as if a small tree was felled.

Ey, what gives? Now my food is dirty! the big guy shouts while lying next to Rook who quickly does a recovery move and stands next to Kriv in attack position. Semile's gonna be mad if I don't finish it. he says while taking a big bite out of the meat. I promised you to spar, Rook, but I do not have enough time today. And besides, you know my every move - and I know yours. Besides besides - you should really eat more. The dragon stands up again and punches Rook's abdomen in a playful manner. See, nothing but muscles and bones. If you ever fall over or get lost in the woods, you're dead within the day!

As Kriv notices the middle aged man doesn't even listen to him, he decides to change his approach. Maybe we visit Nina at her puppet show? This town is too far out to be covered by Neverwinter's patrols. We should try to inspire the kids to become important members of this community. It's a small town and ever since the at- Kriv knew he said too much. Let's go, oldtimer. He lays his claws onto Rook's back as if to push him forward, and out of his stupor.
    Last edited by Spore; 2018-07-27 at 05:50 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Kriv awakes on his bed made of stone and a mattress filled with straw in the cellar. It was not his preferred place to sleep but Darthag has convinced the large creature to take his room there because he feared the old wooden house would not accept his weight any longer. It was true, the red dragonborn had been eating very much in the last few months and years. He always awoke a bit late, because as usual, he was roaming around town the night before. Chasing women, alcohol and thrill of games and of song. But he missed the long journeys with his father to travel far to trade goods, the adventures that lay on the wayside. Not that he experienced many of them. Kriv once almost gutted a passing friend of Darthag for surprising him. At another time he met a crew of kobolds that tried to trap the caravan but they started to revere Kriv like a god when they saw him.

So the large creature rolled himself out of the bed and before he could completely close the door that leads from the basement to the ground floor, he got swatted by his foster father with a big roll of tax reports. I don't pay you to sleep, Kriv. Bring this knife set to Olga. This cook book belongs to Semile. Tell her, her casserole was great. Destiny needs these oils and bandages. Kriv looked at him with the look of a young man that hasn't finished his sleep yet. "What're you looking for? Go, go, you can eat breakfast later." As if to punctuate Darthag's sentence, Kriv's stomach grumbled. It was just as upset with Ulgar's choices as Kriv himself. The red lizard made a nice bundle out of the things he had to deliver and took his halberd like a walking stick and headed out.
    A guard just entering the trading post holds the door for Kriv as he passes through. But nevermind that, you've got deliveries to make, provided you don't wish to skip to the sparring in narrative time.

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Nina for her part was doing what she did every morning.

Setting up for the highlight of deary Nightstone's day, the fabulous Nina puppet show! YAY!!!!

Climbing up to the stage that hung off the inn in the wee hours of the morning, Nina stuck her body in the crevasse of the understage preventing children from seeing her, and ruining the non magical illusion.

Now kids. She said as puppet Nina to the group of kids and eager for a break parents that had assembled before the stage. Sit back, and let big me, tell you the ballad, the life, the dream of Castius Maximus. She said has her other hand pulls out a puppet of a grey robed and wizard hatted man with a long white beard and angry casting eyes.

And so the story began.

Spoiler
    Show

Performance [roll0]
    The gathered children start getting invested in the story; Sylda drops by now and again to make sure her siblings haven't run off to get into trouble, and while she seems to be in a mood over something, her demeanor improves just a hair when she's here. You even see her cracking smiles now and again, success!

Quote Originally Posted by Alias_Trench View Post
    Markas Ordmund

Markas rose before the sun and completed his morning ablutions and prayers to the Seladrine, ate a light breakfast and then hitched up his pack. He was a little light on coin and figured he might venture into the woods and forage some herbs to either trade or if the Summerhawks weren't particularly interested, turn into a restorative tincture.

Show
    [roll0] - relevant modifiers - Survival +5, Herbalism Kit - +2, Nature +0

He did not stray too far into the woods so that he could make it to town when he knew the Summerhawk's or at least one of them would be awake. Once the drawbridge was down for the day, he walked across the drawbridge, greeting the guards on duty, and went directly to the Summerhawk house to trade.

Markas knocked politely on their door and called out

"Larlow? Taela? It's Markas."
    Markas' haul isn't too significant this morning; it seems this areas been picked clean by various forager animals - and himself, for that matter. He makes a note to wander a bit further to seek out new patches, and takes what he's found to the couple. The door opens and the excitable Larlow Summerhawk stands there smilin' nice and wide at you. "Markas! Guid mornin', glad tae see ye oot 'n' aboot toun! Dinnae suppose ye'd be willin' tae jyne me fur a dram oan this bonnie day, eh?"

Quote Originally Posted by Orsik Vondal View Post

Like every morning for the past week Rook rolls out bed in a meager room of the Nightstone Inn and begins his daily routine. Fifty push-ups. 100 abdominal crunches. Then he moves on to the various martial fighting forms to still his body and meditation to calm his mind. Once finished, he wipes himself down with the cloth and water basin in the room. Small clothes. Pants. Shirt. Doublet. Boots. Sword belt. Like the seasons. Everyday. Just like it was back in the Guard.

The City Guard. Life was good back then. Routine. Discipline. It made sense. Now you're just trying to hold out one more day. How did you fall so far?

Rook mentally shook himself. He couldn't follow that path of thinking. It only led to pain and regret. He had to keep moving forward. Not back. He heads downstairs to see what work Morak had for him today.

"Good morning, Morak. What's on the docket for today?"

"And good mornin' to ye, Rook! I'll be needin' tha wheat I ordered from tha Osstra farm. I need it to brew me stout. We're runnin' low. Don't be lettin' that Broland keep you long. We got lots to do today. And oh! Before you go. How've those meditations been goin'?"

"Well. I think they're helping."

With that Rook heads out to the Osstra Farm. On his way he stops at the Nandar Crypt to pay his respects to Drezlin. "Be well, my friend. And I'm sorry."

When he gets to the Osstra farmstead, Rook attempts to hurry business along in order to avoid the most inquisitive Osstra, Broland. The boy was just too impulsive. He didn't know the dangers that lay in wait outside the walls of Nightstone. And Rook wasn't going to feed the fire by telling stories of his days hunting with Drezlin. Plus, it brought up too many bad memories.

Once the wheat is paid for, Rook takes a more circuitous route back to the Nightstone Inn swinging by the Trading Post to have quick word with Kriv. They pass each other in transit and exchange pleasantries making plans to spar after the day's work was done. One day he might get through to that kid. Though Rook was quickly becoming "the old guy" in Kriv's eyes, it still made him smile when he bested the dragonborn in a match. Nothing like getting beat to make you respect your elders. Heh.

Sack of grain slung over his shoulder, Rook makes the decision to pick up a pumpkin for Morak, even though he didn't ask. Morak loved making pies, so he wouldn't mind the detour.

"Um...hi, Sylda. It's been a while."

"Fancy seeing you around here. I'd've expected you to still be sleeping off whatever you drank last night." Rook's face creases in pain. Sylda sighs. "What do you want, Rook? I have work to do."

"I guess I deserve that. But you should know that I've given up drinking. Haven't touched a drop for a week!" Rook pauses waiting for a response that doesn't come. "Well, um..." He runs his free hand through his salt and pepper hair. "Uh...Morak sent me to get a pumpkin. He's making one of his famous pumpkin pies. If you want, I can save you a piece. Maybe bring it by later?" He looks at Sylda with sad, expectant eyes.

"What do you want me to say, Rook? That months of not talking and isolating yourself while you're drowning in ale is all forgiven, because you've been sober for a week? She puts a hand to her forehead and takes a long breath. She turns around and picks out a big orange gourd from the cart behind her. Sylda unceremoniously hands it to Rook. His hand briefly touches hers in the exchange. She has been pointedly looking elsewhere throughout the conversation, but with the contact she looks up in his face.

Rook flashes a small smile. "I'm sorry. I know I hurt you. Just...give me another chance. Each day it gets...better, easier. To be who I was before--I'm going to get my old post back, and everything will be okay again." He let's out a breath and looks around not knowing exactly what to do. "Uh...so...I'll save you a piece of pie. And if you want to, you can come by the Inn tonight and pick it up." He doesn't wait for an answer in case it wasn't what he wanted to hear and walks back to the Nightstone Inn.

After being grilled about his encounter with Sylda Nesper, Rook helps Morak set up the tavern for the afternoon and evening crowd. That done, he heads across the bridge to the training yard in the bailey to spar with Kriv. After a few rounds Rook heads back to the Inn hoping the whole way that a certain lady would stop in for some pie.
    Sylda gives a light sigh as she watches him go, before returning to her own errands - including checking in on her rascal siblings to make sure they haven't run off or something.

Something to Rook was off. Maybe it was the fact that some guards turned their heads. Maybe it's the cats that suddenly jump up from their sunbathing to get to safer pastures. Rook however dives under Kriv's attack with a whole leg of ham and comes up, kicking Kriv in the shin during the process to make him waver. The large dragonborn wasn't born yesterday but instead of dodging the trip, he simply forces his full body weight on the attacked leg. The old man makes an almost impossible move and pushes Kriv's head down while kicking the other leg too, making the giant fall down. It's a sound as if a small tree was felled.

Ey, what gives? Now my food is dirty! the big guy shouts while lying next to Rook who quickly does a recovery move and stands next to Kriv in attack position. Semile's gonna be mad if I don't finish it. he says while taking a big bite out of the meat. I promised you to spar, Rook, but I do not have enough time today. And besides, you know my every move - and I know yours. Besides besides - you should really eat more. The dragon stands up again and punches Rook's abdomen in a playful manner. See, nothing but muscles and bones. If you ever fall over or get lost in the woods, you're dead within the day!

As Kriv notices the middle aged man doesn't even listen to him, he decides to change his approach. Maybe we visit Nina at her puppet show? This town is too far out to be covered by Neverwinter's patrols. We should try to inspire the kids to become important members of this community. It's a small town and ever since the at- Kriv knew he said too much. Let's go, oldtimer. He lays his claws onto Rook's back as if to push him forward, and out of his stupor.
    Some of the watching guards get a bit of a chuckle seeing the big guy tumble, but mostly they're just impressed by the display of martial artistry on both sides. Before too long, the captain comes along to chastise them 'bout standing around when there's drills to run and watchtowers to clean.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2018-07-28 at 06:46 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #8

And by gum, that's the story of Castus Maximus, the little wizard that could. Nina said as Castus stood over a group of puppet bodies.

He saved the kingdom, wooed the princess, and was the most metal wizard to have ever lived! She continued as Castus Maximus bowed for her audience.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground

Zora woke up in the common room of the Nighstone Inn, same as every day. Playing lute in front of the temple for the coins people tossed your way wasn't exactly a path to affluence, but she didn't care about that. All she cared about as far as that went was drawing more people to the temple... although given how small the town was, she wasn't sure how successful she was being at that either. Still, being around the temple enabled her to help the people who came in, with healing or comforting words. Hiral didn't seem to greatly appreciate any attempts by her to spread worship of Chauntea, though.

Zora grabbed her lute and ate her usual breakfast of bread, cheese, and a mug of ale. She then walked over in front of the temple and began performing her usual hymns.

Show

(Performance)(1d20+5)[17]

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Markas' haul isn't too significant this morning; it seems this areas been picked clean by various forager animals - and himself, for that matter. He makes a note to wander a bit further to seek out new patches, and takes what he's found to the couple. The door opens and the excitable Larlow Summerhawk stands there smilin' nice and wide at you. "Markas! Guid mornin', glad tae see ye oot 'n' aboot toun! Dinnae suppose ye'd be willin' tae jyne me fur a dram oan this bonnie day, eh?"
    Markas Ordmund

"Well if you're sure, I will do my best to not break anything this time" Markas grinned sheepishly, somewhat relieved that he was still allowed inside after he almost toppled their china cabinet.
    "I will only have one though, it is the top of the day after all."

Markas stepped into their home, which as usual comically made Markas look like a giant. He moved towards the table and gently moved a chair to the side. Sighing in relief when he managed to keep it in one, he then knelt on the floor seiza style in the space he vacated by the table and pulled out the small pouch of herbs he found and his puzzle cube that he kept on his person. Larlow knew by now that this was to stop him from picking up something else in the house and mindlessly fiddling with it until it eventually broke. The puzzle itself used to be solvable but after being broken so many times and mended with magic it probably couldn't be solved anymore. Markas himself didn't know as he'd never actually solved the thing.

Markas gingerly accepted the offered glass and took a sip before putting the glass down again and returning the puzzle cube to his hands and speaking to Larlow.

"I went and did a little foraging before the drawbridge came down, there's not much but you can have a look and see if you're interested. The edge of the forest is a bit sparse at the moment, to be expected I suppose, what with the local competition and all. Did you need anything in particular, I can keep my eye out for it next time I go."
    Last edited by Alias_Trench; 2018-07-28 at 08:06 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Some of the watching guards get a bit of a chuckle seeing the big guy tumble, but mostly they're just impressed by the display of martial artistry on both sides. Before too long, the captain comes along to chastise them 'bout standing around when there's drills to run and watchtowers to clean.
    I don't think I have signed up with the guard, friend. Kriv bends forward to loom over the guard captain in an intimidating fashion. Kriv has done this before, and he seldomly threatens townsfolk.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate (w/ disadvantage because I think the captain knows Kriv too well for that)
    (1d20+5)[25] (1d20+5)[6]

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

And by gum, that's the story of Castus Maximus, the little wizard that could. Nina said as Castus stood over a group of puppet bodies.

He saved the kingdom, wooed the princess, and was the most metal wizard to have ever lived! She continued as Castus Maximus bowed for her audience.
    The gathered children hoot and clap, clearly entertained by the story. You see a couple of the younger ones trying to sneak off, and you recognize them as Sylda's little siblings. What do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Traveler View Post
    Zora woke up in the common room of the Nighstone Inn, same as every day. Playing lute in front of the temple for the coins people tossed your way wasn't exactly a path to affluence, but she didn't care about that. All she cared about as far as that went was drawing more people to the temple... although given how small the town was, she wasn't sure how successful she was being at that either. Still, being around the temple enabled her to help the people who came in, with healing or comforting words. Hiral didn't seem to greatly appreciate any attempts by her to spread worship of Chauntea, though.

Zora grabbed her lute and ate her usual breakfast of bread, cheese, and a mug of ale. She then walked over in front of the temple and began performing her usual hymns.

Show

(Performance)[roll0]
    Morak gives you a nod in greeting on your way out the door, but is too busy with morning customers to really chat right now. You see Hiral making his way out of the temple ahead of you, focused on a letter he's reading - focused enough he doesn't realize he nearly ran into Grin, who gives him a weird look before continuing to make his own way inside the church.

Markas Ordmund

"Well if you're sure, I will do my best to not break anything this time" Markas grinned sheepishly, somewhat relieved that he was still allowed inside after he almost toppled their china cabinet.
    "I will only have one though, it is the top of the day after all."

Markas stepped into their home, which as usual comically made Markas look like a giant. He moved towards the table and gently moved a chair to the side. Sighing in relief when he managed to keep it in one, he then knelt on the floor seiza style in the space he vacated by the table and pulled out the small pouch of herbs he found and his puzzle cube that he kept on his person. Larlow knew by now that this was to stop him from picking up something else in the house and mindlessly fiddling with it until it eventually broke. The puzzle itself used to be solvable but after being broken so many times and mended with magic it probably couldn't be solved anymore. Markas himself didn't know as he'd never actually solved the thing.

Markas gingerly accepted the offered glass and took a sip before putting the glass down again and returning the puzzle cube to his hands and speaking to Larlow.

"I went and did a little foraging before the drawbridge came down, there's not much but you can have a look and see if you're interested. The edge of the forest is a bit sparse at the moment, to be expected I suppose, what with the local competition and all. Did you need anything in particular, I can keep my eye out for it next time I go."
    Taela is inside, working her pestle and bowl as she flashes you a smile. "A'm sure whitevur ye'v found'll be helpful fur somethin', loue ~" she says, waving off your concerns with a jolly grin. "If nothin' else it'll gie this troublemaker somethin' freish tae experiment wi'." Larlow's protests of innocence fall on deaf elven ears, for it seems your drink has a touch of exotic garnish to it...perhaps not entirely unexpected, given your hosts, but still.

I don't think I have signed up with the guard, friend. Kriv bends forward to loom over the guard captain in an intimidating fashion. Kriv has done this before, and he seldomly threatens townsfolk.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate (w/ disadvantage because I think the captain knows Kriv too well for that)
    [roll0] [roll1]
    Captain Fenran glares right back. The stout human straightens to his full six foot three - intimidating for most, though not so much for Kriv. "Ain't talkin' to you, Kriv, I'm talkin' to the layabouts too busy watching a fight to learn how to fight better." He glances back towards the group for a moment. "Speaking of which, since y'all let this distract you from drills, I think it's a good idea to get something out of it! It was quite the fight to see, but I hope you were paying attention cuz I'm gonna be grillin' your sorry behinds about the turning points and mistakes after you run a few extra laps 'round the keep!" The remaining guards double-time it around the perimeter, eager to escape the captain's hard gaze.

Spoiler: Intimidate on guards
    Show
    [roll0] or [roll1]

His glare softens to a hard look when he gazes back at the two of you. "That was a fine demonstration of martial prowess, I'm glad you two are able to give a good demonstration for them. I'm particularly glad to see how you're getting back into the swing of things, Rook."

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Paying attention, huh? People who know Kriv see a bad idea blossoming in his head and subsequently in his face. He changes his grip on his glaive and tries to sweep the captain off his feet.

(If I succeed I'll say: You may want to get lessons in comedic timing, Captain.)

Spoiler
    Show
    Shove the captain! (1d20+7)[14]
    Last edited by Spore; 2018-07-30 at 05:21 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Paying attention, huh? People who know Kriv see a bad idea blossoming in his head and subsequently in his face. He changes his grip on his glaive and tries to sweep the captain off his feet.

(If I succeed I'll say: You may want to get lessons in comedic timing, Captain.)

Spoiler
    Show
    Shove the captain! [roll0]
    Though Fenran notices the incoming shaft, it's a bit too late to brace himself properly and he lands awkwardly on his back. He groans lightly, and rolls to his feet while the guards - off on their laps - try not to visibly react to the tumble. This time, there's a lot more heat in the glare he directs at Kriv. "S'pose you think that's funny," he grumbles, rolling his shoulders to get the ache out. He flashes Kriv a not-too-friendly smile. "Think I need a bit of a walk to shake that off proper. Good day, citizen." He strolls smoothly down the bridge at an even pace.

My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

As Markas sips at his drink, his taste buds light up just a smidge, enough that it enhances the slight calm that seeps into his mood as the brew works its way into his system. He recognizes the more standard pipeweed, with what seems like a touch of ginyak mixed in, but the heat source eludes him for a moment before he recalls a vague memory of a friend returning from a hunt into the Underdark and twisting Markas' arm into trying a mouth-watering stew recipe he'd picked up from a deurgar scout. The key ingredient had been called 'fire lichen' and could be ground up and added to stews, soups, bread spreads, and even beer to give it a nice kick. This brew seems to have a much smaller dosage of the lichen, given your recollection of how the stew seemed to light your mouth on fire, to the point that it's a mild and surprisingly tasty kick that does more to enhance and bring out the other flavors than it does to overwhelm them.

My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #16

As Markas sips at his drink, his taste buds light up just a smidge, enough that it enhances the slight calm that seeps into his mood as the brew works its way into his system. He recognizes the more standard pipeweed, with what seems like a touch of ginyak mixed in, but the heat source eludes him for a moment before he recalls a vague memory of a friend returning from a hunt into the Underdark and twisting Markas' arm into trying a mouth-watering stew recipe he'd picked up from a deurgar scout. The key ingredient had been called 'fire lichen' and could be ground up and added to stews, soups, bread spreads, and even beer to give it a nice kick. This brew seems to have a much smaller dosage of the lichen, given your recollection of how the stew seemed to light your mouth on fire, to the point that it's a mild and surprisingly tasty kick that does more to enhance and bring out the other flavors than it does to overwhelm them.
    Markas Ordmund

It takes a little for Markas' hearing to come back

"Blimey... I should have known that when you said a dram you meant something you've been tinkering with. I assume this is what you're referring to Taela. Let's see..."

Markas swirled the glass and nosed its contents before taking a very mild sip.

"Pipeweed, ginyak and... is that fire lichen? Well, I'm glad you've learned to back off a bit on the stuff. Have you been macerating the stuff in high proof spirit again or is this a direct distillation?"
    Last edited by Alias_Trench; 2018-07-30 at 06:05 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

Planetar

As the guard captain approaches Rook he straightens up. "Thank you, Captain Fenran, sir." Rook gives a hesitant salute as if he didn't know whether he should or not as a civilian.

When he sees Kriv begin to sweep the captain's leg, he rolls his eyes. He could try and lunge for the weapon, but if he missed it would only serve to dismantle the goodwill he had just engendered by his martial prowess. Once the Captain is out of earshot, he turns to Kriv and in a low tone says, "Fighting isn't only about winning, Kriv. It's about knowing when securing a small victory now could result in a bigger loss down the road." He claps the big lizard on the shoulder and turns him back toward town. "Take it from me. Every action you take has consequences intended or not."

They make their way back across the bridge and to the town square where a puppet show had just concluded.
    Last edited by Orsik Vondal; 2018-07-30 at 06:16 PM.
    "How could a man go through life with so little? Nothing of permanence, nothing built up to leave behind him. Nothing to testify to his existence at all. The kind of man who isn't focused on his own existence, I guess. The kind of man who cares more about others than he does himself..."--Harry Dresden, from Ghost Story

Nosce te ipsum

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Markas Ordmund

It takes a little for Markas' hearing to come back

"Blimey... I should have known that when you said a dram you meant something you've been tinkering with. I assume this is what you're referring to Taela. Let's see..."

Markas swirled the glass and nosed its contents before taking a very mild sip.

"Pipeweed, ginyak and... is that fire lichen? Well, I'm glad you've learned to back off a bit on the stuff. Have you been macerating the stuff in high proof spirit again or is this a direct distillation?"
    Larlow laughs. "Richt y'er! Ah tried oot a direct approach bit it cam oot tastin' funny. Anither few times thro', wi' tests noo 'n' again, 'n' ah think a've git somethin' worth plyin' oan Morak." Taela is rolling her eyes in the background, but he seems to not notice. "'n' a've a few mair ideas knocking aroond in mah heid. Hud tae order somethin' special fae an auld mukker doon sooth, bit if tis juist richt, we'll be able tae mak' a stew that's an' a' git a titch o' medicine in it wi'oot spoiling th' taste or th' herbs."

Taela swats as her husband softly, before turning to Markas: "Ah, dinnae let us keep ye tae lang babbling aboot recipes, deary, ah ken ye'v git yer ain errands tae run. 'ere, we made a crakin' spread wi' some o' th' lichen, shuid be juist enough kick tae spice hings up a bawherr wi'oot gaun overboard."

As the guard captain approaches Rook he straightens up. "Thank you, Captain Fenran, sir." Rook gives a hesitant salute as if he didn't know whether he should or not as a civilian.

When he sees Kriv begin to sweep the captain's leg, he rolls his eyes. He could try and lunge for the weapon, but if he missed it would only serve to dismantle the goodwill he had just engendered by his martial prowess. Once the Captain is out of earshot, he turns to Kriv and in a low tone says, "Fighting isn't only about winning, Kriv. It's about knowing when securing a small victory now could result in a bigger loss down the road." He claps the big lizard on the shoulder and turns him back toward town. "Take it from me. Every action you take has consequences intended or not."

They make their way back across the bridge and to the town square where a puppet show had just concluded.
    Fortunately for Kriv, Rook knows the captain can have an odd sense of humor about things, even if he's not the best at showing it...and one of those things is getting people back. With the glint he had in his eye as he departed, you're sure he had something in mind already...

Delayed as they are by their short conversation, Rook just catches seeing the captain enter the tavern - but he's distracted by a small gaggle of kids gathered 'round Nina's stage, as well as seeing Sylda's siblings trying to sneak off, not doubt to find some way of stirring up trouble for their own amusement.

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #19
    Halfling in the Playground

Morak gives you a nod in greeting on your way out the door, but is too busy with morning customers to really chat right now. You see Hiral making his way out of the temple ahead of you, focused on a letter he's reading - focused enough he doesn't realize he nearly ran into Grin, who gives him a weird look before continuing to make his own way inside the church.
    Well, that's certainly strange, thought Zora as she watched Hiral stride away from the temple. She had always thought that Asmodeus himself couldn't make Hiral abandon his post, yet whatever the contents of that letter were had been enough to pull him away right as the first worshipers were entering. Zora played a short hymn, then began making her way across the square toward the trading post, where it looked like Hiral had gone.

20. - Top - End - #20

Wait Stalwart strangers! The Castus Maximus puppet replies looking straight at the kids.

Today, a special treat, the mark of Castus Maximus, upon your skin. The brand of the world's best wizard to look upon whenever the books seem to get you down. Step up, Step all!

Spoiler
    Show

Persuasion (1d20+8)[18]
    Last edited by Illven; 2018-07-31 at 01:34 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Seems like she is doing that piece about the wizard again. Maybe I can be the fearsome dragon that the wizard slays. Kriv whispers to Rook. Too look more authentic, Kriv takes off his boots, jacket and armor and approaches on all fours in order not to tower over the children that much. In order not to spook the kids, Kriv growls on a lower and silent level.

Spoiler
    Show

Yessss, the wizard Maximus! You will not get me this time! Not with the Shackles of Light! Not with the Enchantments of Izalina, the White. Not at all. Kriv licks his lips. And then I will get to eat all the eggs and hens of the town. No one will ever be able to have an egg for breakfast or supper ever again. Mwahahaha!

Spoiler
    Show
    Performance: (1d20+5)[18]
    Last edited by Spore; 2018-07-31 at 09:00 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Planetar

Rook Shekten - Recently Sober, Former Guardsman

Rook crosses his arms and shakes his head in silent mirth. If nothing else, Kriv was always an entertainer. He gives a wink toward the puppet stage knowing Nina would enjoy the audience participation. Rook looks around the square and spies a stall close by. He quickly slips behind it and cups his hands around his mouth calling out in a mock theatrical voice, "Oh no! The Dreaded Flame Drake Krivistar has come to steal our eggs again! Who shall save us from this calamity?!"

Show
    Stealth - (1d20+6)[24]

Nosce te ipsum

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Lugglug Gutripper
    Lvl 1 Paladin / Celestial Warlock

Lugglug awoke like any other day: covered in hay and a matted streak of drool crusted into the tuft of hair poking off the side of his chin. Only this morning everything was wetter than usual. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes he looked down and saw his boot firmly lodged inside the freshly brewed barrel of Gutripper, the yeasty mixture sticking to his leg and rolling along the ground to the small of his back. He grumbled in annoyance. Another night terror. With a word a beam of light shot forth from his hand and shattered what remained of the barrel... it was useless now anyway. He'd need a new one. And more wheat. But first the barrel. And breakfast.

Emerging from the barn mid-morning, the Nespers were already hard at work tending their fields. "Hrrngh," he replied in as friendly a manner as he could at this hour, trudging past them toward the Inn. He passes Kriv and Rook sparring and watches as the captain goes tumbling, releasing a single hearty "Hah!" as the dust billows beneath his weight.

Continuing on he catches the last moments of the puppet show. Damn, missed it again... he thinks as the children scamper away. Nina's stories were simple and fun, a great way to pass time... on the rare occasion he was up early enough to watch. But Kriv's intrusion on the performance was enough to make him pause. The bugbear crosses his arms and tilts his head to the side watching from the rear to see where this goes. He felt a bit lost having never actually seen the beginning of the performance, but it seems the action was all at the end here anyway.
    Last edited by miinstrel; 2018-07-31 at 12:03 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

Ha Ha Ha! You forget that Castus Maximus is a master of all magics, not merely conjuration or enchantment! Castus Maximus wiggled threatingly.

Go the army of the dead, arise and seek the scales of the living! Castus Maximus started, as a few of the puppets rose to their feet before flopping back down, as a totally telekinetic hand started lightly tossing the puppets to Kriv.
    Last edited by Illven; 2018-07-31 at 10:10 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Noo, curse you, master of necromancy! I will be back! Kriv exclaims while being engulfed by puppets.

26. - Top - End - #26

Larlow laughs. "Richt y'er! Ah tried oot a direct approach bit it cam oot tastin' funny. Anither few times thro', wi' tests noo 'n' again, 'n' ah think a've git somethin' worth plyin' oan Morak." Taela is rolling her eyes in the background, but he seems to not notice. "'n' a've a few mair ideas knocking aroond in mah heid. Hud tae order somethin' special fae an auld mukker doon sooth, bit if tis juist richt, we'll be able tae mak' a stew that's an' a' git a titch o' medicine in it wi'oot spoiling th' taste or th' herbs."

Taela swats as her husband softly, before turning to Markas: "Ah, dinnae let us keep ye tae lang babbling aboot recipes, deary, ah ken ye'v git yer ain errands tae run. 'ere, we made a crakin' spread wi' some o' th' lichen, shuid be juist enough kick tae spice hings up a bawherr wi'oot gaun overboard."
    Markas Ordmund

Markas put away the put down the glass and picked up the small jar and turned it in his hands.

"you're too kind Taela, Larlow." Markas smiled, putting the jar into his bag. "I shall enjoy it this"

Markas pushed the little pouch over towards Larlow and made to stand up

"Did you want me to take anything to anyone in town?"

After excusing himself from the Summerhawk family residence, Markas made his way back towards the temple. On the way he saw Nina and her usual puppet show on in the square with a small crowd of children. Kriv it seemed to be joining in on the act. Markas stopped for a moment seeing Nina's puppet show and the flurry of puppets flying towards Kriv. He smiled at the antics and sat down against the Nightstone to watch the rest of the show unfold
    Last edited by Alias_Trench; 2018-07-31 at 09:38 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

After the kids are all over him to "grapple" him, Kriv starts laughing heartily. It always comes out as a thundering belly laugh rather than a giggle with his saurian features. He takes up two kids with his left and right claw and spins them around for a bit in the air. Nooo, the magic is...making me...throw you around! After playing with the kids for a while, Kriv rolls around and gets up.

That's enough for today, kids. Go home and help your parents. And watch the chicken! Krivistas might return. he adds with a smirk. Returning to the others, he picks up his chainmail and slips it on. What's on the agenda today, guys? Ah hello Markas. How's the Elven prince? Kriv refers to a running gag between the two where any solitary elf MUST be a prince with a name containing at least twelve apostrophes. And Lugglug! The knight in stinking armor. What are you up to? Trying to slay the great red dragon again? You know that is never going to happen. The dragonborn exchanges a long and firm handshake with Lugglug that could have broken any other villager's fingers. Apparently he sees the Bugbear as some sort of rival and friend.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Traveler View Post
    Well, that's certainly strange, thought Zora as she watched Hiral stride away from the temple. She had always thought that Asmodeus himself couldn't make Hiral abandon his post, yet whatever the contents of that letter were had been enough to pull him away right as the first worshipers were entering. Zora played a short hymn, then began making her way across the square toward the trading post, where it looked like Hiral had gone.
    Thought briefly waylaid by a surprisingly busy puppet stage, Zora makes her way into the trading post and catches the tail end of a short conversation. "-know what to tell you, Hiral. Were it anything else, it'd just be a couple weeks getting a suitable replacement shipped in from elsewhere, but this isn't exactly a common item," Darthag says, shrugging not-quite-indifferently despite the priest's obvious upset.

"No, I understand, but it's...this is quite important, I think. Is recovery possible?" the man frets in response, hands wringing. "And that's just my special order, I'm sure others are equally inconvenienced, or close enough to it," he adds in a low tone.

"Recovery's probably going to be on the Waterdeep traders, since they're the ones who lost -" Darthag spots Zora finally, and gives her a smile and a nod - and informing Hiral to your presence as a result. "Good morning miss, I'll be with you in a minute."

Wait Stalwart strangers! The Castus Maximus puppet replies looking straight at the kids.

Today, a special treat, the mark of Castus Maximus, upon your skin. The brand of the world's best wizard to look upon whenever the books seem to get you down. Step up, Step all!
    Seems like she is doing that piece about the wizard again. Maybe I can be the fearsome dragon that the wizard slays. Kriv whispers to Rook. Too look more authentic, Kriv takes off his boots, jacket and armor and approaches on all fours in order not to tower over the children that much. In order not to spook the kids, Kriv growls on a lower and silent level.

Yessss, the wizard Maximus! You will not get me this time! Not with the Shackles of Light! Not with the Enchantments of Izalina, the White. Not at all. Kriv licks his lips. And then I will get to eat all the eggs and hens of the town. No one will ever be able to have an egg for breakfast or supper ever again. Mwahahaha!
    Rook crosses his arms and shakes his head in silent mirth. If nothing else, Kriv was always an entertainer. He gives a wink toward the puppet stage knowing Nina would enjoy the audience participation. Rook looks around the square and spies a stall close by. He quickly slips behind it and cups his hands around his mouth calling out in a mock theatrical voice, "Oh no! The Dreaded Flame Drake Krivistar has come to steal our eggs again! Who shall save us from this calamity?!"
    Ha Ha Ha! You forget that Castus Maximus is a master of all magics, not merely conjuration or enchantment! Castus Maximus wiggled threatingly.

Go the army of the dead, arise and seek the scales of the living! Castus Maximus started, as a few of the puppets rose to their feet before flopping back down, as a totally telekinetic hand started lightly tossing the puppets to Kriv.
    Noo, curse you, master of necromancy! I will be back! Kriv exclaims while being engulfed by puppets.
    The children, even the ones that were starting to sneak off, are drawn into the new performance, giggling and cheering and gasping at all the right moments, and trying to hold Kriv away from the puppets (well they're trying ). The three of you are able to keep them corralled and entertained for that much longer, and before too long Sylda returns from her errands and stops to giggle a bit at the ongoing antics. For two of those gathered, her presence and laughter is a welcome sight that lightens your heart; for another two gathered, her arrival means waiting longer to express their creative ideas to the detriment of others.

Some of the kids start wandering off once the performance ends, but Sylda keeps a good eye on her siblings as she joins the rest in applauding the performance. "Bravo, bravo!" she says with a chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by miinstrel View Post
    Lugglug awoke like any other day: covered in hay and a matted streak of drool crusted into the tuft of hair poking off the side of his chin. Only this morning everything was wetter than usual. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes he looked down and saw his boot firmly lodged inside the freshly brewed barrel of Gutripper, the yeasty mixture sticking to his leg and rolling along the ground to the small of his back. He grumbled in annoyance. Another night terror. With a word a beam of light shot forth from his hand and shattered what remained of the barrel... it was useless now anyway. He'd need a new one. And more wheat. But first the barrel. And breakfast.

Emerging from the barn mid-morning, the Nespers were already hard at work tending their fields. "Hrrngh," he replied in as friendly a manner as he could at this hour, trudging past them toward the Inn. He passes Kriv and Rook sparring and watches as the captain goes tumbling, releasing a single hearty "Hah!" as the dust billows beneath his weight.

Continuing on he catches the last moments of the puppet show. Damn, missed it again... he thinks as the children scamper away. Nina's stories were simple and fun, a great way to pass time... on the rare occasion he was up early enough to watch. But Kriv's intrusion on the performance was enough to make him pause. The bugbear crosses his arms and tilts his head to the side watching from the rear to see where this goes. He felt a bit lost having never actually seen the beginning of the performance, but it seems the action was all at the end here anyway.
    [/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]
    The show certainly seems to be taking a new direction today, but it's quite an entertaining one, with unexpected guest stars, more physical action, and audience participation.

Markas put away the put down the glass and picked up the small jar and turned it in his hands.

"you're too kind Taela, Larlow." Markas smiled, putting the jar into his bag. "I shall enjoy it this"

Markas pushed the little pouch over towards Larlow and made to stand up

"Did you want me to take anything to anyone in town?"
    She shakes her head. "Na, na, it'll be a bawherr afore we're taking some o' thae tae th' ithers. Gang oan, gilravage this bonnie day, mah mukker ."

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you, Sylda. Kriv adds plainly. I hope Yondra doesn't feel too old for things like that. I certainly don't, and I'm about her age. He smiles a toothy grin at the teenaged girl.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Lugglug Gutripper
    Lvl 1 Paladin / Celestial Warlock

"Gotta slay my hunger before anything else. You eat yet?" Lugglug replies, taking the dragonborn's hand and applying steadily increasing pressure until one or the other caved as had become their tradition. This was about as close to sparring as they got despite the youngster's desire to test his mettle against the bugbear. "Ruined a barrel of brew again last night... that's two out of the last three... coopers are getting more business from me than they should," he fusses.
    Spoiler: Handshake check!
    Show
    STR: (1d20+5)[21]

At Kriv's comment to Syldra, Lugglug chimes in, "Nah, Sarvin keeps her young. Rascals are always messin' with me from the rafters."