New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLIII

Book 2: Marina Fishmaid and the Primer of Minions

The argent-skinned servant can't help but glow with pride as her choices of fashion and attire are so grandly complimented. Well, grand in the sense of who was doing the complimenting, rather than the actual phrasing of the compliment, but even so! "I live to serve, milady." is her simple response... but it is far more accurate in the topic at hand than Suzie might realize. The directions she was given when picking out her attire may have been sparse, but you can bet your most elaborate global domination scheme that Marina chose the outfit she wears only after much careful deliberation and consideration into just what the kraken would like the most. "You're not wrong milady, it would be nice to have assistance...." She admits, reflecting on just how demanding her lady could be. Not that her worries are vanquished, but praise seems to have buttered her up a little bit.

And then the potential rival helps further ease such fears by offering an olive branch! Marina blinks in surprise, before nodding. "T-that would be welcome, sir - er, Alex." Right. He was a servant like her, she didn't have to use titles. It would take some getting used to, finally having an equal for once. Or maybe a subordinate? No, no, that would be silly. She's not the commanding type like Suzie, she couldn't see herself bossing people around for her own benefit.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #512
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zee takes a breath.

No, a deep breath.

No, seriously, a really deep breath!

And then shouts-!

["SEVERAL MINUTES LATER!"]

There's a shudder as the tavern attempts to catch up with her. The scene with the elemental will continue, maybe, but it would appear as though the timeline has just forked.

Weird.

Also weird?

Zee has begun hanging Thanksmas ornaments from the anatomically correct guy who's still frozen in dead time. Probably because he needs to look festive. No doubt he'll thank her when he comes to.

Navvy is momentarily bewildered by the continuity snap. What just happened?

Something with an elemental and an injured lady that were... probably resolved somehow? He has the feeling that the details will come back to him soon. Maybe. Assuming the scene snaps out of deadtime and concludes. He gives a little head-shake, then grins at the fellow scaly children gathered around.

"We should do something fun until Achuak's dad gets back," Navvy swiftly concludes. But what sorts of fun adventures could they have in a tavern? Navvy hasn't ever been in one before today, so he's not sure what kinds of adventures (valiant or otherwise) there are to be had.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Orc in the Playground

"We can all listenering to the noiser thing! That one what does all the noisers! I want eight." Zoster is absolutely mesmerised by the jukebox, never having heard music before, except his mother's songs. The jukebox is truly a revelation, hence the reason he wants so many in his hoard.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #514
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Karaglen is somewhat more familiar with time not making a whole lot of sense in here.
    She lived in the rafters for years, after all.

Though this one seems slightly more abrupt that others? Maybe?

"Well...we probably a have whole bunch of time to kill, if he's going to be taking an Uncle Xeni sort of trip."
    AKA: gone for days or weeks on end until he randomly appears with no warning again.
    But maybe this one won't be that bad.

She'll make her way over towards the bar instead, to rummage around for that food she was promised earlier.
    "Maybe a snack first?"
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

Achuak is suddenly snapped forward through time! This is rather unexpected. Bewildered, he looks around. Wasn't he just fighting that fire thing? Now it's already been dealt with. More or less shrugging it off, he responds to the suggestion of a snack. <Oh, oh! I'm hungry too!>
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #516

"That's a jukebox," Navvy decides to explain. "They're a really keen human invention that plays music! I've seen them in these swell old human shows I used to watch to learn the human-language, but I've never seen a real one before."

It's just as cooool as he always imagined it would be.

He hops on top of it again and gestures for Zoster to follow him.

"See? It has all these little buttons you can step on. You step on one and it plays the song that's written next to it," he says, gesturing at the buttons in question with his paw. "Have you learned how to read human script yet?"

It's an important skill to have, Navvy thinks.

Humans write ALL SORTS of really swell things that are fun to read.

As for Karaglen, her scrounging will reward her with four small scaly-child sized sandwiches and a plate of assorted confections. A sticky note has been adhered to the plastic warp covering the treats.

Quote Originally Posted by Note
    I thought you and your new friends could use a snack to help fuel your adventures!
    <3 Mom
    Apparently Zee hasn't just been standing there doing nothing while dead-timed for the past week.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Orc in the Playground

Zoster hops on after Navvy, looking at all the buttons curiously. "Noppers! Not the readering of human text. I knowering the readering of dragon text, and kobold, and dwarf. Not human though. What sayering it?" Zoster tries to read it, but he's doing it upside down and none of the letters are like those he knows already. He doesn't press any buttons, though. He likes the current music.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Mom sure is great that way, isn't she?
    This is pretty good way to ensure Karaglen's day continues to look up, as she claims one of the sandwiches and spreads the other three out vaguely nearby to the confection plate.

Achuak won't have to look very hard for his own snack either!
    He's given a warm smile and a claw pointed towards one of the sandwiches, before she looks off towards the jukebox.
    "Hey, there's food over here for you guys too, if you're feeling hungry at all!"
    Hopefully they are. Meal time is a great way for everyone to socialize and get to know each other better.
    Absentee Spirit

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

Achuak takes a sandwich,. saying, <Thank you!> Isn't that polite. On the other hand, he then stuffs the entire sandwich in his mouth. Yes, the entire thing. He has his father's sense of manners, apparently.

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #520

Hmm...

Zee was here a moment ago, wasn't she?

She seems conspicuously absent now.

Navvy hasn't noticed yet, mostly because-!

"They say all sorts of things," he replies, bobbing his little head along with the music. "They're all names of songs. Song names don't always make much sense. Like this one?" he points a little claw at one of the buttons. "Is called 'Surfing Bird'."

Navvy knows what surfing is.

He's seen people doing it at the beach before! And he knows what birds are (of course). But he's never seen birds surfing before. It would probably be funny.

Then Karaglen mentions food! He is a little hungry. "Do you want something to eat, Zoster? My mom's really swell, she must have left some lunch for us!"

Mother is pretty much the best, as far as he's concerned. Wasn't she here just a moment ago? Oh well. She'll probably be back.

He hops off the jukebox with a little flap and bounds over to the bar. He hunches down, wiggles his hind end in the air, and then leaps! He only makes it about half-way, his front claws clinging tenaciously to the counter while his hind legs scrabble adorably. Eventually he manages to scoot himself atop the bar.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Orc in the Playground

"What's a surfering bird? I know other birds. Blackbirds, seabirds, jackerdaws, robins, sparrows, hawks, and bats. Not seened a surfering bird though. Yeppers, I'm hungering! But I'm supposed to be huntering." He flaps over to the bar, though he doesn't touch down between the jukebox and the bar. He'll crash into the bar, since landing isn't an art he's fully mastered yet, and knocks over somebody's pint of lemonade. "Oh, sorries! I didn't see that." Despite the fact the pint was in a large glass filled with bubbly clear lemony liquid.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Oh no, we're already making a mess. That didn't take long.
    But is it really surprising with a bunch of uncomfortably mobile children hovering around the bar?

"You're...welcome?"
    Karaglen really isn't sure how she's supposed to respond to someone downing an entire sandwich in one go like that. Eating fast is one thing, but that's something else entirely.
    But thankfully she is saved by Zoster making a mess over there.

"I got it!"
    Apparently she's the most accomplished flier here (probably all those hat snatching flying trips with Mychasi), so she'll take off to find the nearest towels and lemonade access.
    Because Cosmo probably isn't going to refill that glass and mom appears ti be somewhere else.

At some point she remembers she has a brother here and maybe he can help!
    One of the towels is proffered at him, before she goes on the lemonade hunt.
    "Um...can I get you to wipe that up while I get them another drink, maybe? Please?"
    Absentee Spirit

13. - Top - End - #523
    Halfling in the Playground

[Fishmaid & Dullman: Partners in Crime]

Well, it seems Alex is onboard and Marina's fears have been put at ease. Things are certainly looking up for Suzie!

But she has to be sure of her new minion's loyalty. Marina would stay at her side through anything, she needs to make sure Alex has no other loyalties that could cause any problems in the future. She has to be sure. What if Alex decides to turn on her the first time she blames him for something that wasn't his fault? She frowns, crossing her tentacles on the table and leaning on them, idly kicking her legs as she considers this conundrum. "Hmm. Minion. Minions. I'm going to need a way to distinguish between you." More problems that need solving. Why is recruiting a new minion so hard?

It never used to be hard. She had people to do it for her. And her priestesses would come and hear her words and do her bidding and pay her tribute, and that was it!

"Minion A! This Zalexsz guy you used to work for, is he a big deal? Will he be worried at all that you've left him?" Did Alex actually say yes anywhere in all this? Oh well. "Minion M! If you want his assistance, we're going to have to make sure he's left his old position permanently. We're going to have to pay Zalexsz a little visit. Oh ho ho ho! The perfect start to my return to greatness, don't you think?" Yes, she has an evil laugh. Of course she has an evil laugh! What kind of ancient underwater monster would she be if she didn't have an evil laugh?
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

14. - Top - End - #524

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Book 2: Marina Fishmaid and the Primer of Minions

The argent-skinned servant can't help but glow with pride as her choices of fashion and attire are so grandly complimented. Well, grand in the sense of who was doing the complimenting, rather than the actual phrasing of the compliment, but even so! "I live to serve, milady." is her simple response... but it is far more accurate in the topic at hand than Suzie might realize. The directions she was given when picking out her attire may have been sparse, but you can bet your most elaborate global domination scheme that Marina chose the outfit she wears only after much careful deliberation and consideration into just what the kraken would like the most. "You're not wrong milady, it would be nice to have assistance...." She admits, reflecting on just how demanding her lady could be. Not that her worries are vanquished, but praise seems to have buttered her up a little bit.

And then the potential rival helps further ease such fears by offering an olive branch! Marina blinks in surprise, before nodding. "T-that would be welcome, sir - er, Alex." Right. He was a servant like her, she didn't have to use titles. It would take some getting used to, finally having an equal for once. Or maybe a subordinate? No, no, that would be silly. She's not the commanding type like Suzie, she couldn't see herself bossing people around for her own benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Fishmaid & Dullman: Partners in Crime]

Well, it seems Alex is onboard and Marina's fears have been put at ease. Things are certainly looking up for Suzie!

But she has to be sure of her new minion's loyalty. Marina would stay at her side through anything, she needs to make sure Alex has no other loyalties that could cause any problems in the future. She has to be sure. What if Alex decides to turn on her the first time she blames him for something that wasn't his fault? She frowns, crossing her tentacles on the table and leaning on them, idly kicking her legs as she considers this conundrum. "Hmm. Minion. Minions. I'm going to need a way to distinguish between you." More problems that need solving. Why is recruiting a new minion so hard?

It never used to be hard. She had people to do it for her. And her priestesses would come and hear her words and do her bidding and pay her tribute, and that was it!

"Minion A! This Zalexsz guy you used to work for, is he a big deal? Will he be worried at all that you've left him?" Did Alex actually say yes anywhere in all this? Oh well. "Minion M! If you want his assistance, we're going to have to make sure he's left his old position permanently. We're going to have to pay Zalexsz a little visit. Oh ho ho ho! The perfect start to my return to greatness, don't you think?" Yes, she has an evil laugh. Of course she has an evil laugh! What kind of ancient underwater monster would she be if she didn't have an evil laugh?
    Something's Fishy About All of This

I notice you haven't actually said anything about pay scale, dental, or overtime benefits yet." Alex deadpans under his breath. But then, that's par for the course when dealing with villains. Unless you mean dealing with them in a more permanent (until they come back for next week's rumpus) heroic fashion.

"Well he'll likely be quite upset when the petty cash runs out, the company picnic fails to get organized, payroll isn't signed for and all of the toilets on the first floor and two of the ones on the third flood and no one cleans it up. And that will just be tomorrow. But I'm so unmemorable that he won't likely realize it was me who was responsible for all those things." He gestures to Marina and nods, "Go ahead and close your eyes and then try to describe what I look like." Not even his own mother could pull that one off.

"If I am joining you, I just need to clean out my desk, get my severance pay out of petty cash, and laying out my pre-prepared two weeks notice, which I refresh every two weeks with HR just in case."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Troll in the Playground

Achuak bursts out laughing at Zoster's antics. The little lizardfolk doubles over and almost chokes on the sandwich still in his mouth. "Bwa ha ha hrrk!"

My Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #526

"Golly, I sure can!" Navvy replies as he takes the towel in his claws and begins sopping up the lemonaid. "Don't worry, mister, my sister will get you some more and I'll do a swell job of cleaning up this mess."

The lemonaid will be found in a little minifridge that contains the tavern's non-alcoholic bottled drinks right next to the soda fountain. Lemonaid is not to be confused with the llamanaid dispensed by the soda fountain. These are very different beverages.

Once the puddle is all cleaned up, Navvy hops over to the sink and deposits the towel into a bucket for soiled rags. Cosmo quickly retrieves it and begins 'cleaning' the tables with it. That task done, Navvy attacks his sandwich. "I don't think a surfing bird is a real sort of bird," he reasons. "Maybe just a pretend on. Some humans do a keen job of surfing, though. They get these boards and ride on waves with them! I saw a few sometimes when I used to live in a cave by the beach."

The beach is, after all, a great place to surf.

"Jukeboxes have lots of swell songs about surfing, sometimes. We should pick one of those when this song is all done."

Sounds like he has quite a plan!

The young lizard person is given a slightly concerned look when he begins choking, though.

"Jeepers!" Navvy gasps. <Hey, are you feeling okay? Can you breath still? You shouldn't laugh like that when you're eating.>

17. - Top - End - #527
    Orc in the Playground

Zoster starts to stalk the plate of sandwiches, which he'll pounce on to grab up one and eat it. He doesn't eat it all in one go, but like many reptiles, Zoster has trouble chewing and just swallows chunks of sandwich after biting it. "Ooh, this is tastery! Better'n anything I've huntered before!" What he's huntered before consists of three pigeons, a rat and his reflection. None of which was cooked.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Bugbear in the Playground

Time to Get Kraken

Marina catches the under-breath remarks, and looks slightly baffled by them. Pay scale? Dental? Overtime? These were concepts Marina had never even heard of before! She was just a lowly fishgal, and one who was a simple fish for most of her life too! Severance? Two weeks notice? These ideas are similarly bamboozling!

"Milady, perhaps -" Marina begins to suggest that maybe Suzie could use their names in some manner to refer to them - you know, like a normal person - but soon enough, Suzie comes to her own conclusions as to how to solve it, and her helpful servant's advice is no longer required. With the slightest sigh, the ebon-haired maid nods. "That sounds like an excellent plan, milady. We should be cautious though, if we are to deal with another overlord, milady, for they could be formidable." A second after her response, however, the fishwoman freezes, eyes widening as her tail stiffens. "N-n-not to suggest that you are not powerful in your own right, milady!" She stammers.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

19. - Top - End - #529
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

While Karaglen would be quite eager to introduce the customer to llamanade, it seems more prudent to just give them what they've already had. Safer that way.
    So with that, she rummages her way to and through the mini-fridge, refills the glass, and carefully returns it to the customer.
    "Very sorry about that, sir. Um, a complimentary snack!"

She'll snag one of their own snacks from that plate and offer it to them, by way of apology! There's a slight sense of obligation to make the place seem good, as her mom works here. Wouldn't want her to be disappointed in them, when she gets back.

Accepted or no, she will also take a moment to find a clean towel. Then zoom over to drop it on Cosmo's head and take back the awful lemonade soiled one.
    "Be nice, Cosmo. What if someone is allergic to lemons?"

So much busy work to attend to before she can go back to her own food!
    Absentee Spirit

20. - Top - End - #530
    Halfling in the Playground

[Is this really the time to start kraken jokes?]

"Oh, don't worry about the details, Minion A. I'm sure looting your previous master's lair will prove plenty of value to keep-" And then Marina speaks. Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear.

Inwardly, Suzie feels a little sympathetic. Poor Marina, she has such a habit of saying just the wrong thing at the wrong time. Oh how she wishes she could let it slide, how she could just reach over with a tentacle and gently run it under her chin and let her know it's fine. She's forgiven. Suzie knows she didn't mean to say anything so insulting. Yes, she wishes she could do that.

But she can't. The sad thing is that it would've been fine if Marina hadn't sought to clarify that she didn't meant to doubt her mistress's strength, because of course that means she did! She had to have thought about it, even if only for a second.

"What did you just say, Marina?" The krakengirl's eyes (all six of them) narrow and, quick as a flash, she swings her staff round to thwack the very tip of her fishmaid's tail. "You're not doubting me, are you? I'd be very, very disappointed if I thought you were questioning my power just because I'm stuck in this, ugh, inferior body." She turns and fixes her gaze on Alex again, "Minion A. Where is Zalexsz's lair?"
    Last edited by Gnrlshrimp; 2019-01-12 at 06:10 PM.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

21. - Top - End - #531

RedWizardGuy

Entrance

Anatya enters the bar. (there is an image of her in my signature.) She is wearing a turtle neck sweater and a tight skirt that shows off her curves.
    "I'd like a drink, please." she says to whoever is tending bar.
    Spoiler: Moskra Rhadan
    Show

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1638...ew?usp=sharing

Designed using Fantasy RPG Creator on meiker.io, software designed by aklarkwood.com.

Spoiler: Bad Guys Win Campaign Links
    Show

22. - Top - End - #532

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Time to Get Kraken

Marina catches the under-breath remarks, and looks slightly baffled by them. Pay scale? Dental? Overtime? These were concepts Marina had never even heard of before! She was just a lowly fishgal, and one who was a simple fish for most of her life too! Severance? Two weeks notice? These ideas are similarly bamboozling!

"Milady, perhaps -" Marina begins to suggest that maybe Suzie could use their names in some manner to refer to them - you know, like a normal person - but soon enough, Suzie comes to her own conclusions as to how to solve it, and her helpful servant's advice is no longer required. With the slightest sigh, the ebon-haired maid nods. "That sounds like an excellent plan, milady. We should be cautious though, if we are to deal with another overlord, milady, for they could be formidable." A second after her response, however, the fishwoman freezes, eyes widening as her tail stiffens. "N-n-not to suggest that you are not powerful in your own right, milady!" She stammers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Is this really the time to start kraken jokes?]

"Oh, don't worry about the details, Minion A. I'm sure looting your previous master's lair will prove plenty of value to keep-" And then Marina speaks. Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear.

Inwardly, Suzie feels a little sympathetic. Poor Marina, she has such a habit of saying just the wrong thing at the wrong time. Oh how she wishes she could let it slide, how she could just reach over with a tentacle and gently run it under her chin and let her know it's fine. She's forgiven. Suzie knows she didn't mean to say anything so insulting. Yes, she wishes she could do that.

But she can't. The sad thing is that it would've been fine if Marina hadn't sought to clarify that she didn't meant to doubt her mistress's strength, because of course that means she did! She had to have thought about it, even if only for a second.

"What did you just say, Marina?" The krakengirl's eyes (all six of them narrow) and, quick as a flash, she swings her staff round to thwack the very tip of her fishmaid's tail. "You're not doubting me, are you? I'd be very, very disappointed if I thought you were questioning my power just because I'm stuck in this, ugh, inferior body." She turns and fixes her gaze on Alex again, "Minion A. Where is Zalexsz's lair?"
    Kraken the Whip

"Ah, so I'm working on commission again. Standard loot and plunder arrangements, know I had them here somewhere." What he pulls out of his pile of paper instead is quickly pressed into Marina's hands, ignoring any current juggling of beer and or other objects she might be doing at the moment, "Here you go, workman's comp claimant form, just check the box marked Corporal Punishment open-brackets-Mild-closed-brackets and write your name at the top and initial the bottom or press a bloody thumbprint to it if you can't write. I'm a rep for the Local Minion's 106, so I can do your paperwork up and make you official. As an official minion, you'll get subsidized pay at standard rates per hour, and the right to have all your claims about hazardous work environments, on the job injuries, industrial accidents, and open shark tanks- actually you probably wouldn't care about the shark tanks- officially ignored by a bored clerk in a government office who uses the filings to barricade himself inside the paperwork cocoon he made around his cubicle."

He takes a deep breath and finds what he's looking for, "Alright, Dark Underlord, Mistress of the Deeps, Lady of the Coldest, Darkest Reaches, Taker of the Final Breath, Scourge of Ten Thousand Fathoms Suzie? I need your signature on this betrayal form and this one authorizing me as much loot as I can carry. Even then, I'm afraid I won't be able to tell you where my current-stroke-former Master's hideout is located since I'm under an NDA with terrible consequences for breaking it. But I think I left something at the office, and I'm sure I can't possibly prevent you from following me to 39th Street and even all the way up to the 10th floor and watching as I press down on a particular marble cherub's left big toe surreptitiously. If I was, in fact, on my way to do that." Again he breathes deeply. Being so officious and monotone can be surprisingly hard on the lungs.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2018-12-24 at 09:47 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

23. - Top - End - #533

Whoever is tending the bar?

Well!

That's clearly the absolutely normal human female (you suspect nothing) who just popped out from behind the counter with an exclamation of, "BANISHMENT!"

She blinks a few times.

Then glances around, looking bewildered.

Eventually her wandering gaze settles on Anatya, whom is regarded with a friendly smile!

"Oh hey, sure thing! Welcome to Trog's Tavern! Is this your first time here? Are you a newcomer to the Nexus? Do you have any drink allergies I should know about?" comes a rapid-fire series of questions.

Zee has got a glass in hand, but she needs to know WHICH drink!

Unless Anatya actually wants A Drink.

That is, in fact, on the menu.

24. - Top - End - #534

RedWizardGuy

"Its my first time at Trog's, and yes, I am relatively new to the Nexus, though I've gotten the chance to see some of the other sights of the place. And no, I don't have any drink allergies, except poison." (a little assassin humor)

"Just give me whatever drink you think is best."
    Last edited by Leostales; 2018-12-25 at 03:50 PM.
    Show

Designed using Fantasy RPG Creator on meiker.io, software designed by aklarkwood.com.

Show

25. - Top - End - #535

"The drink that's... the best?" Zee replies uncertainly. She makes a bit of a sputtery noise. "I'm not sure what you mean?"

She glances over her shoulder at the drink menu.

"They're all best for different things. I'm not sure what you want?"

Does she want to get absolutely hammered?

Dragon's Liver Buster.

Hammered while being fancy?

Constitution Crushing Wine.

Have something that tastes good while getting hammered? Lots of choices!

Something that tastes terrible while getting hammered? Also lots of choices!

Maybe they don't even want an alcoholic beverage at all! There are also those!

Strictly speaking, Zee knows how to mix the drinks. She knows what they all taste like so she can get the flavor right. But otherwise she's mostly a chef and baker. That's her big thing. Chef baker sandwich maker.

26. - Top - End - #536

RedWizardGuy

"Do you have anything that will get me hammered but for a short while only?" she asks. "I have some rather important stuff to do afterwards."
    Show

Show

27. - Top - End - #537

Zee gives a long, "Hmmm..." followed by an "Ah HAH!"

Then scurries off to fix the drink.

She'll return shortly with a Wizard Blizzard!

The mixed drink is set down in front of the assassin lady.

"One Wizard Blizzard! They have spells stored in the ice cubes. This one is a time-delayed Neutralize Poison. Exactly one hour after you get inebriated the spell will trigger and neutralize all the alcohol in your blood."

That's how you can tell this is a fantastical universe.

They've got alcoholic beverages that cure drunkeness.

But hey!

This is the sort of nonsense you expect around here, isn't it?

28. - Top - End - #538

RedWizardGuy

"Excellent!" she exclaims, drinking the glass. "Uh, no that didn't do it for me." Darn assassin tolerance to alchohol. "Can I have another."
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #539

Zee wrinkles her nose a bit, peering at the assassin.

"Mmm... yeah, probably one more. Just a sec!" she replies as she scoots off to mix a new one. "Drinks like these take between half an hour to an hour before they get metabolized. That depends from person to person. So you don't want to drink too many too fast."

Don't expect it to kick in right away!

That's a good way to knock yourself flat.

Zee sets the second Wizard Blizzard down on the counter.

"So! You said you're new to the Nexus? What brought you here?"

She never gets tired of these stories.

That is, inf act, part of the reason she works here.

Aside from the fact no one else is (presently) quite insane enough to do so.

30. - Top - End - #540

RedWizardGuy

Anatya drinks the drink before explaining, which turns out to be a mistake.

"Oh nothing, just hiding from evil wizards that want to kill you or worse." she says. "What brought you here."
    Show

Show