New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLIII

"Heh, no it's just a name. Heroes'-....something or other Organization." You should really know what it stands for, Honeysuckle.

"You're worried, what's the story there?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #692
    Troll in the Playground

"No, it's nothing. It's just that I'm a, well, you know." Sekhmet looks sheepish. Whether she's embarrassed about being worried or about being a Tiefling isn't quite clear
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #693

"Wait, wait, what is she?" Honeysuckle rests her head in a hand.
    "Are you really so drunk you didn't notice the tail?"
    "Lots of people have tails!" she cries, false-aggrieved.
    There are as many tails at this table as people, actually, though Neverest's is hidden away to stay warm and Honesyuckle has more than her fair share.

"Well if it's nothing, it's nothing. HALO is an organization of...science heroes? Something like that. I myself am but a humble merchant, artist, etc. Not nearly visionary enough for that place."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #694
    Troll in the Playground

"It sounds better than sleeping on the street. Thanks a lot." To be fair, the problem isn't the tail. It's the combination of red skin, horns, and tail that is a problem.

My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #695

"Okay, let's see. You've got that heavy tail, and horns, but no scales, and angels are a problem, so that makes you-a devil! Right? Honeysuckle doesn't see the red skin. Because she is, technically, blind. The weird goggles are related.

"We can head out once everyone's finished their drinks?" Surely a cup of coffee will have prepared Sekhmet for the Nexus.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #696
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm only part devil," Sekhmet mumbles. She's finished her coffee and is as ready as she's going to be.

My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #697
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "In that case, it depends on how accurate the portals are, and how detailed they need a description of the destination. Could I get away with 'corner of the tasty sushi bar opposite the pawn shop run by talking raccoons', or would I need an address, or at least a street name?" Jack smiles and pushes herself back, ready to go with Mirai if he's ready to take her there.
    "No, you need co-ordinates. Let's go and maybe I'll show you." Mirai responds with a grin, then leads her outside to his ride, where they fly/hover to Raptor Isle. If she allows, he'll take her hand in his, and his feel quite nice and well cared for.

((watch Raptor thread for post)).

Shortly afterwards, a pretty woman walks into the Tavern. She's dressed in a grey business suit and trousers, a light blue fitted shirt underneath it, and black high-heeled dress shoes. Her black hair is in a bun, capping a very British face with green eyes behind RayBan-frame glasses. She's lightly made up, muscular and brandishes a skin-tone mark on the little part of cleavage visible, a mark that looks quite tribal in design. The only outward indication that she's armed is a pair of pistols holstered to her waist.

Signs that she's not fully human are the pair of wings she has on her back, which are covered in green feathers. She also appears to be 5 feet tall.

Rosalind Hawthorne walks up to the bar and orders a Dragon Liver Buster.
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2019-04-14 at 12:27 PM.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

8. - Top - End - #698

"-and you're not happy about that. Believe me, I know."
    All together, they get up from the table and start walking out the door and over to the Home thread.

"Tell us about the world you came from?" to change the topic from devils a little bit.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #699
    Troll in the Playground

Sekhmet follows. "It's nice, mostly. I don't get out much, I'd get in trouble. There's a war going on, and that makes it worse. But Auntie and Uncle are good people. They brought me tutors to learn maths and sciences, and they get the materials for my projects. Oh, and they put a new train station in town. I snuck out to see the first train come in. They say they're the future."

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #700
    Orc in the Playground

Before they go, Jack frowns. "What's a coordinate? I'm... I don't know any. I don't want to go to your island if I can't leave by portal when I want. I know some addresses, in Inside, and I know a lot of descriptions, but... are those coordinates?" She needs a bit of reassurance, before she leaves, since as it stands she doesn't know how to get back.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #701
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdowner View Post
    Shortly afterwards, a pretty woman walks into the Tavern. She's dressed in a grey business suit and trousers, a light blue fitted shirt underneath it, and black high-heeled dress shoes. Her black hair is in a bun, capping a very British face with green eyes behind RayBan-frame glasses. She's lightly made up, muscular and brandishes a skin-tone mark on the little part of cleavage visible, a mark that looks quite tribal in design. The only outward indication that she's armed is a pair of pistols holstered to her waist.

Signs that she's half-vampire are the set of fangs she has, telltale vampire sign, though without the others: her skin is healthy and warm to the touch, for instance.

Bernadette 'Nettie' Shaw walks up to the bar and orders some Blood Liquer, the booze to unwind and the blood to catch up on her required weekly intake of blood.
    Sitting at the bar, though not on a stool, just at the bar, Felandria is on her second Dragon Liver Buster as she goes through a catalog on noo arcade machines for The Olympian.

When Nettie walks in, Felandria will nod in her direction.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

12. - Top - End - #702
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Before they go, Jack frowns. "What's a coordinate? I'm... I don't know any. I don't want to go to your island if I can't leave by portal when I want. I know some addresses, in Inside, and I know a lot of descriptions, but... are those coordinates?" She needs a bit of reassurance, before she leaves, since as it stands she doesn't know how to get back.

"It's like an address. Coordinates are simpler, but you can use addresses and descriptions and the system'll get the relevant co-ordinates. You'll be able to get back home.
    " Mirai reassures her, leading her to Raptor thread. "I promise."

((felpost coming soon, after I figure out that thing we talked about))
    Love is the message.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ogre in the Playground

[Seeking the Heart]

Raril levitates up into the rafters, to have a look around, and for nostalgia's sake, really. Been a while since he'd been up here. He wondered if those battling dust-bunnies were still around.

"We could ask Magtok. He's pretty old. Or Destro. They were both here before I arrived." The drow suggests as he searches.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Sitting at the bar, though not on a stool, just at the bar, Felandria is on her second Dragon Liver Buster as she goes through a catalog on noo arcade machines for The Olympian.

When Rosalind walks in, Felandria will nod in her direction.
    Rosalind smiles at Felandria. "Pretty, 13 feet tall, and drinking a Dragon Liver Buster. Already we have common ground." She says in an upper-class British Accent, getting up from her stool and growing herself so she's proportional and 13 feet tall, her true form revealed as looking similar, but with bird-like feet and skin mostly covered in feathers the same shade of dark green as her wings, and the skin-soft scales on her hands are slightly reddish. Her clothing grows with her, and when she's done, she taps a now-visible watch on her wrist that returns her to human form (still 13 feet tall).

She pushes her stool aside and sits beside Felandria, sipping her drink. "I'm Rosalind, and you are?" She asks, giving the giantess a once-over and apparently liking what she sees.
    Love is the message.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Orc in the Playground

Rosalind smiles at Felandria. "Pretty, 13 feet tall, and drinking a Dragon Liver Buster. Already we have common ground." She says in an upper-class British Accent, getting up from her stool and growing herself so she's proportional and 13 feet tall, her true form revealed as looking similar, but with bird-like feet and skin mostly covered in feathers the same shade of dark green as her wings, and the skin-soft scales on her hands are slightly reddish. Her clothing grows with her, and when she's done, she taps a now-visible watch on her wrist that returns her to human form (still 13 feet tall).

She pushes her stool aside and sits beside Felandria, sipping her drink. "I'm Rosalind, and you are?" She asks, giving the giantess a once-over and apparently liking what she sees.
    Felandria bites her lip and flips her hair coquettishly.

Very intrigued.

Name’s Felandria.

So, what brings you around here?

16. - Top - End - #706
    Pixie in the Playground

Felandria bites her lip and flips her hair coquettishly.

Very intrigued.

Name’s Felandria.

So, what brings you around here?
    "Felandria, a pretty name for a pretty woman." Rosalind replies, noting how the redhead reacts to her obviously flirtatious once-over. It's good to know that another thing they have in common is being interested in other women. Straightening her hair with one palm, she sips on her drink. "Mmm, that's the stuff. Well, Fel - you can call me Lind if I can call you Fel or Andria - I'm here to unwind after a stressful day. If I'm needed, my employer'll call." But then she's served Hector since they were kids, and they're so close they're essentially platonic life-partners, a bond that won't affect either side's personal relationships.

"What do you do, Felandria?"
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2019-04-16 at 02:26 PM.
    Love is the message.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Seeking the Heart]

Alysha stares up at Raril for a brief moment. She didn't know he could float! That's so cool! And handy.

She shakes her head a bit, bringing her thoughts back to the ground.

Uh, yeah. Magtok and Destro. She looks to Zee. Do you know where they could be?

A brief moment of silence.

Also, you have sentient appliances?

There it is.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

18. - Top - End - #708
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Outside Trog's]

"This is about as bad as I expected..." Geneva mutters as she examines the screen on her wrist computer. "If I had been here to observe your entrance, this would be easy. But as it is, I'll have to pour through this data and tease out all the different bridges that have connected to this door since your arrival. It isn't hopeless, though! It'll just take time."

The hippogriff does her best to smile in a reassuring fashion.

It probably looks a little odd since only the edges of her mouth move. Mostly an expression with her eyes.

Hey, better than nothing, right?

[Not Outside Trog's]

Zee considers that scenario.

She considers it very, very carefully.

Then she raises one finger and provides a deep, thoughtful reply.

"That sounds like it would cause problems."

Very astute, Zee.

"Aaww... I didn't think it was such a terrible idea," comes a tiny voice from the raters. "Change the rules of free will so people can't use their free will to violently impose their will on others. Easy! Everyone is happy."

Zee gives the rafters a glower and the voice doesn't elaborate. "That would fall under the 'people have issues with agency being taken from them' part. Even if that's the agency to cause problems."

And then Raril levitates up into the rafters!

Maph is up there.

Lurking.

Along with more than a few dust bunnies.

And probably some Totally Harmless Plush Animals.

Nothing that looks like a heart, though. A Nexus-y heart or otherwise.

"Magtok has a 'secret' lair just outside town," Zee recounts. "It isn't too hard to find. And... I think Destro has a copy shop? I've heard of him, but I've never met him. I think he mostly keeps to himself. That's usually how liches operate."

Alysha is regarded with a rather... puzzled expression. "Is that unusual? Though they might not be sentient. They might just be possessed. I just know they're pretty hostile to anyone who goes into the kitchen."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

[Seeking the Heart]

"Hello, Maph'tey." Raril says as he alights on one of the rafters. "I think I remember how that turns out, not pretty. Not exactly happy. I'll keep my free will as it is, thank you."

He then looks down to Alysha and Sam and Zee. "Destro's probably still on the beach in his little resort town up the coast. I've got an apartment there, nice place to relax. He's usually sitting there drinking margaritas, for all the good it does him. He's a lich. Can't get drunk as far as I know, maybe he just likes the taste. Though, I don't think he can taste anything, either, come to think of it."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Not Outside Trog's

Xena nods in approval at the tiny voice, then thinks about what Zee said. "I suppose you're right. It's a wonder anyone helped me in the first place, with how most people reacted." Xena clears her throat, then says, "Anyway, would you happen to know anybody I can talk to about magic? My first order of business here is to figure out how to cast spells again."
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

21. - Top - End - #711
    Orc in the Playground

"Felandria, a pretty name for a pretty woman." Rosalind replies, noting how the redhead reacts to her obviously flirtatious once-over. It's good to know that another thing they have in common is being interested in other women. Straightening her hair with one palm, she sips on her drink. "Mmm, that's the stuff. Well, Fel - you can call me Lind if I can call you Fel or Andria - I'm here to unwind after a stressful day. If I'm needed, my employer'll call." But then she's served Hector since they were kids, and they're so close they're essentially platonic life-partners, a bond that won't affect either side's personal relationships.

"What do you do, Felandria?"
    Felandria smirks and take another swing of her drink.

You can call me Fel if I can call you Rose.

Well, I run The Olympian in Skyside, and I’m the Mayor of Eastside.

I also fight crime, it’s a whole thing.

And what about you, Rose?

22. - Top - End - #712

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Outside Trog's]

"This is about as bad as I expected..." Geneva mutters as she examines the screen on her wrist computer. "If I had been here to observe your entrance, this would be easy. But as it is, I'll have to pour through this data and tease out all the different bridges that have connected to this door since your arrival. It isn't hopeless, though! It'll just take time."

The hippogriff does her best to smile in a reassuring fashion.

It probably looks a little odd since only the edges of her mouth move. Mostly an expression with her eyes.

Hey, better than nothing, right?
    [Outside Trog's]

Karl can do nothing with the screen. He is still new to all that high tech.

"Well I would have if I would know." he says. "So How long do you need for it? Is it like a months job or longer?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

23. - Top - End - #713
    Pixie in the Playground

Felandria smirks and take another swing of her drink.

You can call me Fel if I can call you Rose.

Well, I run The Olympian in Skyside, and I’m the Mayor of Eastside.

I also fight crime, it’s a whole thing.

And what about you, Rose?
    Rosalind smiles, brushing one of her bangs. As she touches it, the hair material changes from pure raven black hair to a mix of black hair and feathers, then back when she takes her hands off. "The Olympian. Now I have a reason to visit, sometime. A crimefighting mayor, you say?" She turns to face Felandria more fully, her body posture subtly inclining closer to the redhead. "You seem quite important." Not that it matters much to her, but that fact seems to make her more attracted to the attractive female who's just as tall as she is. It means she's responsible, and a borderline workaholic like Rosalind can appreciate that.

"Wow." She catches herself giggling coquettishly, and clears her throat, smiling as she resists the urge to fan herself. Cliche or not, she feels slightly hotter all of a sudden. "I'll come out with it, then. I'm the head of security for my boss, a rich guy who's in the business side of medicine. It's a family thing, one side serves the other, we grew up together and are like siblings." Usually she won't volunteer such information willingly, but Felandria has an aura about her that tells Rosalind she can be trusted. Plus, mentioning crimefighting, which gave her many Rosepoints. :3

"When needed, I work with crimefighters and law enforcement agencies for smooth running. Woah, is it hot in here?" No! She said it out loud, bad Rose! "Ahem, I mean, I... you're attractive, Fel." She settles for the truth, looking straight into Felandria's eyes with a flirtatious and hopeful smile, not breaking eye contact even as she swigs her drink. "You wouldn't happen to be into women, would you?"
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2019-04-21 at 11:35 AM.
    Love is the message.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Orc in the Playground

Rosalind smiles, brushing one of her bangs. As she touches it, the hair material changes from pure raven black hair to a mix of black hair and feathers, then back when she takes her hands off. "The Olympian. Now I have a reason to visit, sometime. A crimefighting mayor, you say?" She turns to face Felandria more fully, her body posture subtly inclining closer to the redhead. "You seem quite important." Not that it matters much to her, but that fact seems to make her more attracted to the attractive female who's just as tall as she is. It means she's responsible, and a borderline workaholic like Rosalind can appreciate that.

"Wow." She catches herself giggling coquettishly, and clears her throat, smiling as she resists the urge to fan herself. Cliche or not, she feels slightly hotter all of a sudden. "I'll come out with it, then. I'm the head of security for my boss, a rich guy who's in the business side of medicine. It's a family thing, one side serves the other, we grew up together and are like siblings." Usually she won't volunteer such information willingly, but Felandria has an aura about her that tells Rosalind she can be trusted. Plus, mentioning crimefighting, which gave her many Rosepoints. :3

"When needed, I work with crimefighters and law enforcement agencies for smooth running. Woah, is it hot in here?" No! She said it out loud, bad Rose! "Ahem, I mean, I... you're attractive, Fel." She settles for the truth, looking straight into Felandria's eyes with a flirtatious and hopeful smile, not breaking eye contact even as she swigs her drink. "You wouldn't happen to be into women, would you?"
    Directness and honesty are worth several Felpoints as well :3

Oh, my dear, I’m into pretty much everything

But yes, very much so, of course, it depends on the woman.

Fel reaches over and gently runs a finger across Rose’s hand.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ettin in the Playground

A tarantula carrying a set of rolled papers, a small notepad, and a pen comes into Trog's, crawls up on top of the bar, and taps a foot loudly on the bartop in an attempt to catch the attention of one of the workers.

It's a bit unclear how a normal-sized tarantula is carrying also normal-sized papers and pen, but the arachnid doesn't seem to be having any difficulty.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

26. - Top - End - #716

Right before the worker can replies the spider might hear some metal scrathing close as if an armored person walks closer. In fact it is the little stuff animal Mr. C in a full body armor with sword and shield on his side. His armor makes the noise.

"Sooooooooo, we meet again arch enemy!" he says in the spider toung which results in every other one just hearing chitter. "I already wondered when you will come into the Nexus, but I'm prepared." The little stuff animal draws his sword with his paw. It makes a strange noise and the spider might notice the sword is just a plastic one obviously stolen from a Lego figure. (Which is harmless even for the spider) "Now prepare yourself as we end our life long rival here!"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ettin in the Playground

The spider drops the posters and runs and hides inside a stray beer mug, black and orange hairs shivering! The she composes herself and chitters back what... what are you talking about?
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

28. - Top - End - #718

[A Half-Elf enters a bar...]

A half-human enters the tavern.

The woman, Harley Holly looks like a stereotypical Tolkien-inspired Fantasy elf: Pointy ears. Black hair with rare flowers in it. Wearing a slightly-short dress and too-tall boots. 'Natural' make-up to cover up any blemishes and scars. A sword like any other ranger. etc. etc.

She's partially come here to celebrate having received having received a MERC license, to relax after having gone through that. It was, to be frank, a little easier than she had expected.

All she has to do now is find some sort of...commission? Quest? Something. Whatever. So that she appears to be a perfectly normal elf mercenary.

She gets a meal.
    Showing her license apparently makes her eligible for a discount, so she's appreciative of that. Even though she's got some sort of job now, she's still a little tight on money.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2019-04-26 at 06:03 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Barbarian in the Playground

"But there are already SO MANY things you can't choose to do!" Maph argues. "What's one more, huh? Nah, but it's pointless to try doing that here. The Nexus feeds on conflict. Even if it had worked it wouldn't have worked."

Zee, for her part, ignores the nasty little faerie for the time being. "I guess that depends on the sort of magic you're interested in?" she asks as she slides the totally normal looking tarantula a menu. "There are a zillion different things called magic in the Nexus. I doubt anyone really knows about all of them. Totally not me, since I'm completely normal and unremarkable."

Totally.

Absolutely normal.

Completely typical for a seraphim.

And then a MERC-y person arrives!

"Howdy! Welcome to Trog's Tavern! What can I get for you today?" Zee asks cheerfully.

She seems to be pretty good at splitting her attention.

[Outside Trog's]

Geneva deflates a bit at that question.

"Sorry... until I've started digging through it I can't even begin to guess,"
    the hippogriff replies. "It's a mess, but until I start unraveling the mess I don't know how BIG of a mess it is, if that makes sense?"

She tilts her head to the side a bit, trying her best to appear empathetic.

"Do you have somewhere to stay in the mean time? Things to do?"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2019-04-29 at 12:53 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

30. - Top - End - #720

[food]

"Hi," the shapeshihalf-elf says realizing that she's met Zee before a couple of times, every time in a different form. So it's not a big deal, she figures. Besides. She's now a MERC-y person. That's totally a new thing.

"I'll have, um," she says, quickly looking through the menu for something.

She picks something that is the complete opposite of "stereotypically elf". "I'll have a Yuan-ti Gyro and a Bamhacon," she says, accidentally thinking that elves are supposed to eat lots of meat, rather than lots of vegetables.

I mean, it makes sense, right? Elves are, in all the stories she's heard, basically fairies and fairies eat people so elves should eat...not quite people, but close enough.

Then, "Thanks."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.