New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLIII

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Directness and honesty are worth several Felpoints as well :3

Oh, my dear, I’m into pretty much everything

But yes, very much so, of course, it depends on the woman.

Fel reaches over and gently runs a finger across Rose’s hand.
    Rose feels a pleasurable tingle run down her spine as she's touched, and she bites her lip as she moves her own hand to touch Felandria's, not taking her eyes off the giantess. "You should see my true form." She whispers, disabling the holowatch so she appears in all her feathered harpy glory, complete with wings. She looks much the same as the small glimpse Felandria saw when she size-shifted, a harpy version of her human hologram disguise. "Still interested?" She whispers, turning to face Felandria and leaning a bit closer. The feathers on her arm are soft, smooth and well taken care of. "Willing to give this woman a chance, beautiful?"
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2019-04-29 at 03:48 PM.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Zee, for her part, ignores the nasty little faerie for the time being. "I guess that depends on the sort of magic you're interested in?" she asks as she slides the totally normal looking tarantula a menu. "There are a zillion different things called magic in the Nexus. I doubt anyone really knows about all of them. Totally not me, since I'm completely normal and unremarkable."

Totally.

Absolutely normal.

Completely typical for a seraphim.
    Xena thinks a moment, then says, "Where I come from, magic comes in many forms, from balls of fire to controlling others to healing. I could care less about the last one. I would just like to know the basics of magic around here, or even if my worlds magic would still work here." Zee may get the feeling Xena is hiding something, though Xena is pretty good at deceiving.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

3. - Top - End - #723
    Barbarian in the Playground

Evil shape-shifter.

The evil part is very important.

And why would carnivorous elves be any weirder than the alternative? Probably depends on whether we're talking about woodsy elves or high elves or whatever else.

Too many different kinds of elves.

"Sure thing, coming right up," Zee replies, apparently none the wiser to the shape-shifter's ruse.

Or maybe she knows exactly what's going on and doesn't want to out 'Holly' since that would be rude?

It's hard to guess with Zee, sometimes.

The food is placed before Holly shortly there after. "I don't recognize your face. Is this your first time at Trog's?" she asks.

MEANWHILE!

"Hmm... well, the Nexus is sort of lots of places. All at once. A crazy zany mashup of every cosmology that ever could be! It translates, though. Not just languages. Concepts, too. That makes it so magic from different worlds can all interact without a giant mess."

It would be the GIANTEST mess.

"So there really isn't a 'basics of magic' around here. Though I'm sure someone would probably insist that there is. They would be wrong. But also right. The whole 'all cosmologies are true' thing is confusing like that," Zee rambles. "I'm definitely not the best person to talk to about magic theory, though. I don't really understand the ins and outs of it. You would want to find a magical scholar of some kind, it sounds like."

Outside the tavern, Geneva sneezes.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yes, of course. The "Evil" part is what separates her from any other kind of shape-shifter, like Succubi, werewolves, or Skin-Walkers.
    Well, it's not really like most people can tell the difference, anyway. And if you can't tell the difference, there's no reason to bother with the differences in name.
    I mean, it's not like 'not knowing something' ever hurt anyone. ;p

'Holly' debates what would be the best answer. Saying she had never been here would be convenient, but then how would she explain deciding on what to eat so quickly? The first two times she came by, it took her forever to decide.

"W-well," the half-human pointy-eared thing says, trying to not sound *too* undecided: "last time I was here, I was wearing a mask." This time, she's wearing a boatload of 'natural'-looking makeup. To Holly, functionally the same as a mask.

The make-up's probably about a millimeter thicker on the left side of her face, but she's okay with that. It happens.

"Didn't have this, either." She shows off her MERC license. Says "Holly" and all, picture included, since it was just taken earlier this day. Showing it off gives her a moment to take a bite first from the gyros...it's pretty good.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2019-04-29 at 08:07 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #725

Arguably, several of those shape-shifters are evil as well.

Or at least some of them are evil.

Are all evil shape shifters evil? That seems like it would be the implication.

"Like a Spooktober mask?" Zee inquires, tilting her head to the side curiously. "It would be hard to eat with a mask on. Unless it's a pretty fancy mask."

A VERY fancy mask.

Like the one that Zee wears.

Which is less like a mask and more like a finger puppet being waggled around while the rest of you is all folded up perpendicular to reality.

"Oh, you joined MERC? Congratulations on being accepted. I hope you enjoy working with them. I've done some support for the Orgs before, but I've never joined one myself. I've always been the designated Trog's Tavern representative and so being more or less neutral is kind of important."

6. - Top - End - #726

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    The spider drops the posters and runs and hides inside a stray beer mug, black and orange hairs shivering! The she composes herself and chitters back what... what are you talking about?
    [C and the Spider]

The stuffed animal doesn't pull back he steps slowly closer to the spiders new hideout. Weapon and shield ready for a sudden attack of his old arch enemy.

"Pah." he shouts at the spider in chitter "You won't fool me again. I told you after the 4th time you tricked me that I won't fall for it again."

Then he pauses and adds in a normal voice "Or was it the 5th? You get what i mean. Carry around those papers sure mark you. You forgot that normal spiders can't lift that much. NOW FACE ME!"

[Outside Trog's]

Geneva deflates a bit at that question.

"Sorry... until I've started digging through it I can't even begin to guess,"
    the hippogriff replies. "It's a mess, but until I start unraveling the mess I don't know how BIG of a mess it is, if that makes sense?"

She tilts her head to the side a bit, trying her best to appear empathetic.

"Do you have somewhere to stay in the mean time? Things to do?"

[Outside Trog's]

Karl sights. Not what he wanted to hear.

"Well, I got no place for myself since I got no income. The hunting grounds just gave me enougth to survive a bit. A park will do just fine."
    he replies "Or do you got something for me? Like a summoning formular to learn maybe?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #727

Yeah, that *is* a pretty fancy mask. A lot fancier than anything Harley's worn so far.

Holly doesn't remark on the fact that her player just accidentally called her by the wrong name.

"Oh, it was just a half-mask," Holly says, using her left hand to basically demonstrate how much of the face is covered by a half-mask. "Those usually leave the mouth available for talking and eating and such." Holly likes talking about masks. (Speaking of mouths, she takes advantage of the time when Zee's talking to eat. Perfect time, because then she doesn't have to be eating while talking.)

However, before continuing the discussion about masks, she interjects to make a correction: "Well, I didn't join it, I just got a license. Seems to be a thing they're doing nowadays, I guess to expand their influence further or something. Like, imagine if AMEN gave out little 'villain' cards to anybody who wanted one, or VIGIL certified every vigilante who wanted to be one."
    Well, then they wouldn't be vigilantes if they had to be certified, then?
    "Pretty ridiculous, right?" asks the woman who looks like a half-elf. "But it's the way things are, with MERC."

Anyway Back to half-masks. "My favorite mask is probably a deep red one with vein-patterned textures." She traces out her veins as if to demonstrate. "But I also like my shiny black one, it looks almost like obsidian." Sadly, most of her masks were destroyed, but she's slowly rebuilding a collection...
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

8. - Top - End - #728

"The sort that covers the nose? Or one of those domino masks?" Zee asks. Clarification on that point is important. Cover the top half of the face, cover the eyes and nose, cover just the eyes. Lots of different types of partial masks. "I don't really recall anyone wearing anything like that... but I've been pretty distracted lately and maybe I just forgot?"

Might have been filed away as an irrelevant detail. It's funny the sorts of things that are and aren't remembered.

"That's right, since they're sort of an adventurer's guild, aren't they?" Zee replies with a nod. She doesn't supply any commentary on OOC name slip-ups. Breaking the fourth wall this early in the day just isn't proper. "Everyone who's a self-styled adventurer signs up. Or at least they're supposed to."

She ponders that for a few moments before pulling open the little over behind the counter and withdrawing a tray of brownies to cool.

"Villain cards would be kind of silly. That whole idea has always seemed kind of, I dunno, cartoonish? Organized crime has a purpose. They're running a business. It's just an illegal business. But uniting around the common goal of being nefarious? It's like the league of bad guys from Captain Planet. Doing villainy for the sake of villainy doesn't make any sense. But I guess people don't always conform to sense, do they?" Zee muses as she contemplate her tray of brownies.

A beat to ponder.

"A vigilante license technically works. That's what bounty hunters are, sort of. Right? They aren't official law enforcement. They're entrepreneurial law enforcement. There have always been a pretty major surplus of bounty hunters around the Nexus. That and assassins. Maybe the Nexus just has a thing for grabbing people with mysterious loner backgrounds?"

Who knows. The Nexus probably doesn't conform to sense, either.

"The masks sound pretty. You should bring them by some time," Zee says with a genuine smile. "I used to have some pretty neat outfits, but they all got exploded. Thankfully I had a few spares in my room here at Trog's."

[Outside Trog's]

Geneva's expression falls slightly.

"I'm afraid I don't really have anywhere to offer, personally. But I know the temple of Inari has guest quarters. They'll expect you to put in some work around the temple grounds to pay for the lodging."

Probably better than sleeping under trees.

"Summoning really isn't a forte of mine," Geneva admits, having a talon at her head. "No horn. I can't cast spells."

9. - Top - End - #729
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"Hmm... well, the Nexus is sort of lots of places. All at once. A crazy zany mashup of every cosmology that ever could be! It translates, though. Not just languages. Concepts, too. That makes it so magic from different worlds can all interact without a giant mess."

It would be the GIANTEST mess.

"So there really isn't a 'basics of magic' around here. Though I'm sure someone would probably insist that there is. They would be wrong. But also right. The whole 'all cosmologies are true' thing is confusing like that," Zee rambles. "I'm definitely not the best person to talk to about magic theory, though. I don't really understand the ins and outs of it. You would want to find a magical scholar of some kind, it sounds like."

Outside the tavern, Geneva sneezes.
    Xena nods. "I see. So, what you're saying is that, at the most basic level, any magic I know from before being sent here would still work?" She seems excited, trying to hide a smile.
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2019-04-30 at 07:17 PM.

10. - Top - End - #730

[Not Outside Trog's]

Zee considers that scenario.

She considers it very, very carefully.

Then she raises one finger and provides a deep, thoughtful reply.

"That sounds like it would cause problems."

Very astute, Zee.

"Aaww... I didn't think it was such a terrible idea," comes a tiny voice from the raters. "Change the rules of free will so people can't use their free will to violently impose their will on others. Easy! Everyone is happy."

Zee gives the rafters a glower and the voice doesn't elaborate. "That would fall under the 'people have issues with agency being taken from them' part. Even if that's the agency to cause problems."

And then Raril levitates up into the rafters!

Maph is up there.

Lurking.

Along with more than a few dust bunnies.

And probably some Totally Harmless Plush Animals.

Nothing that looks like a heart, though. A Nexus-y heart or otherwise.

"Magtok has a 'secret' lair just outside town," Zee recounts. "It isn't too hard to find. And... I think Destro has a copy shop? I've heard of him, but I've never met him. I think he mostly keeps to himself. That's usually how liches operate."

Alysha is regarded with a rather... puzzled expression. "Is that unusual? Though they might not be sentient. They might just be possessed. I just know they're pretty hostile to anyone who goes into the kitchen."
    [Seeking the Heart]

Alysha shrugs a bit. I mean, they wouldn't be the first set of sentient furniture I've met. But it's not a common occurrence.

...just where has this girl been?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Seeking the Heart]

"Hello, Maph'tey." Raril says as he alights on one of the rafters. "I think I remember how that turns out, not pretty. Not exactly happy. I'll keep my free will as it is, thank you."

He then looks down to Alysha and Sam and Zee. "Destro's probably still on the beach in his little resort town up the coast. I've got an apartment there, nice place to relax. He's usually sitting there drinking margaritas, for all the good it does him. He's a lich. Can't get drunk as far as I know, maybe he just likes the taste. Though, I don't think he can taste anything, either, come to think of it."
    Alysha thinks for a moment. Well, sounds like Magtok might be closer to here. Might as well visit him first. She looks to Sam and Raril. Sound good to you guys?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ogre in the Playground

[Seeking the Heart]

Sam double-shrugs.
    "Got no complaints from me. I'unno who any of these people are."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

12. - Top - End - #732

"I-" The elf woman cuts herself off to think. Which did she wear here last time? "I have lots of different kinds, so I don't remember which one I wore last time I was here. Probably the kind that covers the nose, I've got more of those, but still got plenty of both."

It makes me wonder whether "likes to wear masks" is part of Holly's persona, or she just forgot when she decided to talk about them.

Having finished that gyros, she moves on to the Bamhacon.
    She nods, listening to the musing about Adventurer's Guild MERC and Vigilante Licenses and their relation to bounty hunters - and intentionally avoids giving her opinion about AMEN - presumably because it seems like every other time she walks into the Tavern, she somehow gets in a discussion about it.

As a former assassin and former mysterious loner (though, not at the same time as being an assassin), however, she certainly has opinions about those professions: "Yeah, it's pretty strange how common those seem to be. Maybe people just really like loners in their stories so they decided to summon a lot of them. Or they're portals more commonly appear to people who are alone. I find those kinds of people weird, though: being alone isn't really all that enjoyable."

Clothes getting exploded isn't fun. "Yeah, that tends to happen."
    "Mine have managed to survive both a bunch of attacks"
    - by Vigil, and a coup - "and a demon invasion, so they probably deserve to be shown off. I'll remember to wear one of those the next time I come," Holly promises. Also a smile!

...Smiles don't look too bad on a half-elf's face. Maybe she should do it more often.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #733

Zee nods in reply to Xena. "It should? I honestly can't recall a situation where someone's magic just stopped working when they came to the Nexus. Some people even learn new types of magic from other realities in addition to their own. That's a bit more on the unusual side, though. Also? I would advise against any plans that would be seen as nefarious by others. The Nexus has snagged more than a few individuals who are quite powerful and resourceful. There's a whole organization dedicated to thwarting 'world ending' events given how often they crop up."

Why is Zee sharing all this information?

Probably because she doesn't want to see another newcomer go down the villain path and get soundly smote.

Then to Holly!

"I thought of the 'maybe it grabs people who are alone' explanation, but I don't know if that's it either. Sometimes it grabs whole areas. Or people disappear right out of a crowded spot. The idea that the Nexus itself has some vague sort of sense of what it wants always made too much sense to ignore."

Brownies are cut and stacked up on little plates.

Soon.

Soon they will be cool enough to eat.

"You should bring some of your outfits by next time you stop in! I'm glad you manage to avoid getting blown up or skewered by a demon. The Nexus can be a pretty dangerous place to live sometimes. But you don't seem to be adverse to excitement, since you got a MERC license."

There's good reason why conversations turn to AMEN. She keeps bringing them up!

14. - Top - End - #734
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Xena snorts a little, then the snort turns into chuckling. "Sorry, sorry, I shouldn't laugh at that, but...I'm way more powerful than I look. I will refrain from those types of plans though, who knows how powerful others are. Thanks for the advice Zee!" She puts a hand in a bag she has, producing small jangling sounds. "How much for the tea and sandwich? I have gold coins."

15. - Top - End - #735

Yes. Holly needs to stop talking about AMEN: unfortunately, that's pretty much the only thing she knows about. She just needs to find some other hobbies. Then, at least, she'll have something else to talk about.

"Yeah, I was fine. My neighbor's house was half-destroyed, though, so I've had to let them stay over." It's pretty unfortunate. A woman gets a small 1-bed 1-bath house to live in, and then all of a sudden she discovers she has a family of five as roommates.

"You're right, I prefer excitement. Much better than dying of boredom." 'Boredom' sounds like a terrible disease that nobody should catch. The half-elf-human looks at the brownies. She remembers them. She cringes a little at the memory: she used them to mask out the daily special of fish. They were pretty good alone, but she seriously has to try them without fish nearby, otherwise she might forever associate brownies with fish.

While waiting for them to cool off, Holly decides to ask a very important question. "I've heard it's basically a trope that people in bars and taverns know everything that's going on and all the rumors and quests. So...do you know anything going on? Know about any quests or whatever I can do as a newly-licensed adventurer-person?"

She's very eloquent.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ettin in the Playground

The Confused Spider

The spider retreats back farther into the mug. I...who are you? she stammers in chitter.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

17. - Top - End - #737
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdowner View Post
    Rose feels a pleasurable tingle run down her spine as she's touched, and she bites her lip as she moves her own hand to touch Felandria's, not taking her eyes off the giantess. "You should see my true form." She whispers, disabling the holowatch so she appears in all her feathered harpy glory, complete with wings. She looks much the same as the small glimpse Felandria saw when she size-shifted, a harpy version of her human hologram disguise. "Still interested?" She whispers, turning to face Felandria and leaning a bit closer. The feathers on her arm are soft, smooth and well taken care of. "Willing to give this woman a chance, beautiful?"
    Felandria leans right into Rose’s ear.

Rose, you just say the word and we can go discover more about one another.

And she blows ever so gently into Rose’s ear.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

18. - Top - End - #738

"There are lots of people like that," Zee replies with a shrug. "Looks can be deceiving is one of the Nexus' favorite tropes. Or at least that's been my experience!"

Zee doesn't elaborate further on that point. The surprise is part of the fun!

"Oh! Well, Trog's has a pretty unique payment plan. You pay whatever you think the meal was worth," she explains. "Sure, sometimes people stiff us. But more often than not they're generous."

Huh.

You would think a system of business like that wouldn't work too well.

Though to be fair it makes no more or less sense than the rest of the Nexus economy.

Meanwhile, Zee catches Holly looking at the brownies. "Give 'em five minutes or so."

Followed by a genuine smile. "That's very kind of you, helping your neighbors like that."

And then a rather interesting question!

DOES she know all the quests and goings on? She overhears lots of stuff, sure. But does that really count?

"Hmm... Well. I heard that a harpy declared herself the god queen of Inside. I'm not sure how much substance there is to that claim. Quite a few people have been acting pretty odd lately. Traditionally 'dark' creatures like werebeasts and undead especially. There have been these evil shape-shifters trying to cause trouble, though I think VIGIL mostly has that handled. There's been a major uptick in faerie and empyrean activity, but of late they've been laying low. I'm not totally sure what caused the lull. Oh! And there have been sightings of weird insect-like robots that have been up to no good. I don't think anyone has any idea what their deal is."

She considers all this a few minutes longer.

"I did hear Larry the Fishmonger talking about his basement being over-run with giant rats. If you're looking for something a little less catastrophically world shaking."

19. - Top - End - #739

Holly nods. Five minutes isn't that long, so that's good.
    Sure, it's kind to help neighbors and all, but she can still grumble about it: "I hope they fix their house soon, I kinda want my privacy back." It's hard to secretly live three (well, three that have recently appeared on-screen) different identities when a random family is hanging out in your base of operations.

Anyway. Quests.

"I'll make sure to recommend him some good rat poison," the elf-looking girl says. She starts mentally going through the other suggestions to see if they're worth putting into a mental quest log or something like that: a harpy god. Not really all that important, "There's lots of people who declare themselves gods, it's probably nothing." People acting odd, especially traditionally 'dark' creatures? Could it affect her? Werebeasts are generally some form of -unintentional- shapeshifters, so..."Acting odd...isn't worth looking in to, but might be profitable considering who it affects." Evil Shape-shifters? Or was that lower-case? It's so hard to tell when somebody's talking. Either way, that's definitely something to see what VIGIL knows and whether she has to sabotage them or get on their good side. "If it's big enough, I'm sure VIGIL would be willing to accept help." She's not really sure what 'empyrean' means, something about fire? But... "Faeries are always bad news, I'll keep an eye out." And robots. She doesn't really know all that much about robots, so she probably can't do anything there (and probably doesn't care either).

All she has to do now is wait for the brownies to cool off, then she can start on the leads, so:
    She actually gets out a small notebook thing to write out her own quest log...in some weird illegible language-and-shorthand that probably nobody here reads.

"Thanks."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Xena raises an eyebrow, thinking exactly what was stated: that payment plan wouldn't work great. However, Xena decides that, considering the service, at least 5 gold pieces is warranted, for the advice and food. So she puts down 6. She's feeling generous after that delicious meal. "I see...I'll remember not to underestimate anybody then. Farewell, and again, thanks for the advice!" And Xena leaves the tavern! As she leaves, Xena may notice that right before she disappears from sight she appears to start getting taller, and her clothes begin to look more uniform.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ogre in the Playground

[Seeking the Heart]

Raril drops down from the rafters, hanging briefly from one hand, before landing on the floor in a light crouch. He gives his wife an odd look. She was completely normal? Hah. He knew better than that, but doesn't comment.

He'll look to Alysha and Sam. "I think I know roughly where Magtok's lair is. He kidnapped me once, ages ago."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

22. - Top - End - #742

"There might be other things going on, but I can't claim to overhear EVERYTHING," Zee admits to the Evil Shape Shifter. "There are usually shenanigans going on all the time outside, but I don't often get specifics. Maybe if I visited the Dancing Fox more often..."

Since it's outside the City, after all.

That seems like a good place to get up to date on rural quest lines.

"No problem, I'm glad to help! If you do decide to scope out the evil shape shifters, keep in mind that they're less werewolf and more The Thing. Y'know, like the movie? Horrible infectious protean flesh beasts. You would want to spring for lots of stuff that can cure disease."

Then over to Xena again!

Zee places the money in the tavern's coinbox and waves cheerfully. "Thanks for stopping in! Feel free to drop by again some time."

And then once she's gone?

"I really hope she doesn't try anything nefarious. She seemed nice. And there's already way too much nefarity going on," she sighs as she cuts out a brownies, sets it on a plate, and places it before Holly.

Then a wave to Raril and friends. "Say hi to Matgok for me!"

23. - Top - End - #743
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Felandria leans right into Rose’s ear.

Rose, you just say the word and we can go discover more about one another.

And she blows ever so gently into Rose’s ear.
    Rosalind can't resist a moan of anticipation, and after Felandria's pulled back, the tall harpy lady smiles at the other pretty woman. "Let us go then, Fel." She replies, trying not to sound too excited, and failing.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

24. - Top - End - #744

The Evil Shape Shifter Elf nods. "Okay, I'll keep that in mind." Unfortunately, that doesn't completely demonstrate that she wouldn't be included in that... "Fortunately, as an elf, I've already got an immunity to most diseases," she says, because elves are apparently different enough from normal people to not be affected by the same diseases. Even though technically she's pretending to be a half-elf, which would imply they're actually not all that different.

Holly takes a brownie.

She does not comment on the niceness of the other person, simply saying, "These are good."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #745

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    The Confused Spider

The spider retreats back farther into the mug. I...who are you? she stammers in chitter.
    The Confused Spider

As the spider asks a second Mr. C appears in wide clothes covering his face and all. He speaks up in a loud voice in common speech.

"He is Mr. C! King of the Books, Ruler of the library of Alexandria, protector of the scrolls and Enemy of the Spider Clan!"

He repeats it in the spider tounge and then disapears.

"Now face me!" Mr C says and as he reaches the mug he hit's it with his sword making the clong clong clong sounds.

[Outside Trog's]

Geneva's expression falls slightly.

"I'm afraid I don't really have anywhere to offer, personally. But I know the temple of Inari has guest quarters. They'll expect you to put in some work around the temple grounds to pay for the lodging."

Probably better than sleeping under trees.

"Summoning really isn't a forte of mine," Geneva admits, having a talon at her head. "No horn. I can't cast spells."
    [Outside Trog's]

"Don't worry about me. I used to travel a lot. Earth was my bed mattress , leaves were my blankets and roots are my pillows."
    he says
    "Tempel? Your not the first one to mention that if I'm not mixing things up. Not that I'm very religious."

Karl looks confused.

"You'r kind can only cast spells with a horn? Can you get one somehow?" He isn't firm with those pony things and in fact he might come from a world where you can be everything if you just try hard enougth.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2019-05-06 at 02:40 AM. Reason: adding reply
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

26. - Top - End - #746
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdowner View Post
    Rosalind can't resist a moan of anticipation, and after Felandria's pulled back, the tall harpy lady smiles at the other pretty woman. "Let us go then, Fel." She replies, trying not to sound too excited, and failing.
    Felandria gently takes Rose’s hand and escorts her out of the tavern and to her house.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

27. - Top - End - #747

[Seeking the Heart]

Alysha nods a bit, then turns to face the door, pointing forward with a huge grin.

Alright! Then off to the lair!

She gets about two steps forward before she pauses, a thoughtful frown on her face. This quickly becomes a mixture of confusion and worry as she turns to Raril.

Wait, he's kidnapped you? What the heck!? And now you're suggesting we get his help?

The vampire is clearly confused by this.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

A battered looking man stumbles half-drunk into the tavern, grumbling under his breath as some glitchy device held in his hand fizzes and jams periodically. Judging by the man's mutterings, "Service fees my ass," the device was some sort of banking tool. As he lurches over to the bar, he just stuffs the thing back into a satchel worn at his side, shaking his head and adjusting his crooked, wide-brimmed hat. Clad all in a bright blue leather greatcoat patterned with glowing hexagons, with some sort of dented and battle-worn suit of technological armor worn below, the figure would fit the part of the intergalactic mercenary, were it not for the unusually casual-looking pair of jeans worn below.

Several worn bandoliers fitted with heavy looking shells drape over his form, and both his gloves and boots seem technological in some sense, albeit of the slightly damaged, patchwork variety. A complicated breathing apparatus, likely designed for the purposes of navigating the void of space, has been strapped onto the man's lower face, and circular goggles cover his eyes, glowing blue in the dim light. On his back, a rifle can be seen, a pair of pistols at his belt. A patch at the front of his coat identifies himself as "Outlaw Blue", whatever that means.

He promptly removes his goggles, before tapping a button at the side of his apparatus, causing it to detach. To the barkeep, he mumbles. "Uhh, drink! Drinks, yeah. Yeahh, just whatever."

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ettin in the Playground

The Confused Spider

The spider is extremely confused indeed. Library? What library? she chitters back, retreating further into the mug.

The attacker is probably harmless, but she is not a bold spider.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

30. - Top - End - #750

Half-Drunk Man

The drunk will find himself approached by a one-armed drow, dressed in a stereotypical cowboy outfit - vest, long sleeved t-shirt, leather pants - in fabulous shades of purple and royal blue. There's a single revolver sitting in a holster on his right. His left arm - the one that's intact - places a few coins on the counter in front of the barkeep as he sits down right next to the drunk. He'll have a whiskey, neat. Bring one for me too.

Giving "Blue" long enough to look him over but not quite long enough to translate thought into speech, he speaks. You know how to use those things or are they for show?
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show