New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLIII

Kray nods.
    ”Just as well. Sounds good to me, Chief.” she puts simply. She doesn’t have much to add as she hasn’t seen the situation in person yet.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #992
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Kray nods.
    ”Just as well. Sounds good to me, Chief.” she puts simply. She doesn’t have much to add as she hasn’t seen the situation in person yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Dipsnig shrugs. Kray doesn't seem overly distressed by the transformation, so it's no business of his, really.

"Let's sign a contract for this job and head to your home, then. We'll see what we can find there."
    Edelina signs the contract, and downs her beer. She gladly leads the way to [Outside: Edelina's Farm]

3. - Top - End - #993
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    "There's probably a bunch of people around here who can actually see the future," Coraline says, nodding. "I can kind-of do that, but what I did is not so much seeing the future as it is predicting it, I guess? Like, tarots, omens, readings, bones, and stuff like that."

So, more like a real-life fortune teller than someone who has create-visions-of-the-future magic.

Meanwhile, a crocodile re-enters the tavern, crawling its way towards them. The crocodile has a weird saddle on its back. Looks like her ride is coming back from eating.
    Mosswillow blinks, somewhat confused. "Fascinating," she says. She grips the handle of her mug awkwardly in one paw, and tilts it into her open mouth, spilling some of her drink onto her fur. Licking her lips, she adds: "Back home, our medicine cat used to see signs in mud puddles. He-" She pauses, and her ears perk up as the crocodile enters. "Is that...thing... yours?"
    Like Star Wars, ponies, and/or unabashed silliness? Check out my YouTube channel, Nothing In Particular, for a healthy dose of absurdity. It's just what the doctor ordered!*

* Surgeon General's Warning: May cause chronic hideous laughter, eye rolling, or beleaguered sighs. Not intended to prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Back in the Saddle]

There's a pause as Caelynn processes this, ears briefly perking up in surprise before flattening. "...Oh, right. That." The recollection does not seem to be a happy one. But after a moment passes, the woman attempts to lighten the mood, turning back towards the angel. "Well, you were also the host of the party, right? Because, um, wounding my boyfriend's pride aside, we both had an absolutely lovely time there." She puts on a small smile. "I mean, it's been a long time since I've been back here, but I don't know if I could've participated in a more enjoyable first holiday."
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #995

Coraline is about to say something, but then the conversation is brought to the crocodile.

((Sorry for not posting earlier, I've had a really stressful week. In fact, it would probably be better to wrap up this scene so that you can roleplay with other people too without waiting for me.))

"Yes, he's with me," she says. "He's how I get around." The crocodile parks himself underneath her stool.

"Puddles, though? I'll have to look into that. Maybe I could find out how it works."

She starts to carefully and slowly lower herself down onto the crocodile's saddle. "Well, it looks like I should go now before he decides he's hungry again. Bye, it was nice talking with you."

The mermaid, once she's properly seated and everything, waves at the cat and then signals for the crocodile for it to find a path out of here. "I hope to see you again."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Coraline is about to say something, but then the conversation is brought to the crocodile.

((Sorry for not posting earlier, I've had a really stressful week. In fact, it would probably be better to wrap up this scene so that you can roleplay with other people too without waiting for me.))

"Yes, he's with me," she says. "He's how I get around." The crocodile parks himself underneath her stool.

"Puddles, though? I'll have to look into that. Maybe I could find out how it works."

She starts to carefully and slowly lower herself down onto the crocodile's saddle. "Well, it looks like I should go now before he decides he's hungry again. Bye, it was nice talking with you."

The mermaid, once she's properly seated and everything, waves at the cat and then signals for the crocodile for it to find a path out of here. "I hope to see you again."
    (No problem. Real life always comes first )

"Me too," Mosswillow says quietly. Her ears fold back sadly as she watches the mermaid depart on her crocodile. With a small sigh, she takes a few more bites of her bamhacon and finishes her drink.
    Like Star Wars, ponies, and/or unabashed silliness? Check out my YouTube channel, Nothing In Particular, for a healthy dose of absurdity. It's just what the doctor ordered!*

* Surgeon General's Warning: May cause chronic hideous laughter, eye rolling, or beleaguered sighs. Not intended to prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Halfling in the Playground

[Back in the Saddle]

Hmm. Flattening ears, bad sign in catpeople, right?

So probably still angry about that.

"Well, if it makes any difference, he started it. And that's totally justification for me behaving in such a childish manner." It's not. She knows. "I'm glad you enjoyed yourself otherwise, though. It was- I'd been gone a long time too. It was nice to welcome everyone into my realm." Ithuriel looks down at her drink for a moment. "If you don't mind me asking, what brought you back?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ogre in the Playground

A small blue-gray feline arrives in the bar. While he does walk in like he owns the place, that's more his natural gait than his attitude. Without hesitation he strolls up to the bar, tail high in the air. Rein leaps up and places his order. "Rum please."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    A small blue-gray feline arrives in the bar. While he does walk in like he owns the place, that's more his natural gait than his attitude. Without hesitation he strolls up to the bar, tail high in the air. Rein leaps up and places his order. "Rum please."
    Mosswillow's heartbeat quickens as she catches wind of the new arrival. She stares at her paws, feeling her heart pump almost painfully inside her chest. Nervous and excited in equal measure, she speaks. "You're...you're a cat, right?"

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt looks startled when he notices Mosswillow. "Ah. Uh, yes. I am. More or less. Mostly more."

Rein spends a moment studying her, before realizing he may as well be staring. "Oh, forgive me. I haven't seen another cat around here since Xun, let alone a talking one. And no one really sees Xun anymore either. I'm Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire," Rein says, giving a well practiced flourish with his paw.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Mosswillow blinks, somewhat confused, then straightens and puffs out her chest proudly. "Mosswillow, ShadowClan warrior."

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

Rein's tail twitches and swishes back and forth. "Nice to meet you Mosswillow. What's the ShadowClan?" Might be a group of ninjas. It probably wasn't a group of ninjas.
    Just in case, Rein briefly glances up towards the rafters.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #1003

Even befor the door opens people might here the noise of metal clasching on metal. As the door opens a tall man in a full plate armor enters the tavern. He looks around taking all the guests into account and sizing them for any major thread. Since non of his enemies was present the man heads over to the bar, taking off his fancy looking helm he pulls out a mug and a waterskin.

"Gimme your best beer." he says, dropping a few gold coins on the table. "If it's good fill my waterskin with as much as these coins can afford."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Rein's tail twitches and swishes back and forth. "Nice to meet you Mosswillow. What's the ShadowClan?" Might be a group of ninjas. It probably wasn't a group of ninjas.
    Just in case, Rein briefly glances up towards the rafters.
    Mosswillow blinks. "The ShadowClan?" She repeats, amused. "No, it's just ShadowClan. And it's...it's my family. My home. My people, you could say." Lost in memories, she chuckles softly. "I remember...the other Clans used to say the north wind blew down from the mountains and chilled our hearts long ago. Made us cruel, and vicious." Now she is beaming, her smile wide and toothy. "Even evil, they'd say, when they thought we couldn't hear. Once, when I was an apprentice, I heard one of the elders call us badgers!" Suddenly concerned that she might be frightening Reinholdt, Mosswillow quickly adds: "All lies, of course. We're strong, tough, and clever, but not evil or vicious."

15. - Top - End - #1005

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Back in the Saddle]

Hmm. Flattening ears, bad sign in catpeople, right?

So probably still angry about that.

"Well, if it makes any difference, he started it. And that's totally justification for me behaving in such a childish manner." It's not. She knows. "I'm glad you enjoyed yourself otherwise, though. It was- I'd been gone a long time too. It was nice to welcome everyone into my realm." Ithuriel looks down at her drink for a moment. "If you don't mind me asking, what brought you back?"
    Ithuriel's partly correct here! It's less anger about it, more finding the topic an unpleasant event to talk about that she'd rather avoid. Although the sarcastic justification does ease it a little; it still happened, but at least the angel accepts that she was being a prick.

"I dunno, I guess a slight combo of midlife crisis, empty nest syndrome and stagnation," Caelynn answers. "This place has always felt like home, and I guess I just missed it, especially after feeling like I'd kinda fallen into a boring status quo with no hope of advancement." The Nexus is nothing if not exciting and ever-changing, after all.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

16. - Top - End - #1006

[Back in the Saddle]

"I think I'd like some boring status quo for a while, honestly." A little bit of a quiet life for a while would be very welcome. It all gets a bit much sometimes.

"I know what you mean though. Hard to get bored here. Always something weird going on. What counts as advancement here though?" Ithuriel blinks and then mentally berates herself for the stupid question. "I mean, it's kind of obvious for me, but- is there no risk of things stagnating for you here too? There may always be weird things going on somewhere, but your day to day life can still fall into another pattern very easily."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MossyMeow View Post
    Mosswillow blinks. "The ShadowClan?" She repeats, amused. "No, it's just ShadowClan. And it's...it's my family. My home. My people, you could say." Lost in memories, she chuckles softly. "I remember...the other Clans used to say the north wind blew down from the mountains and chilled our hearts long ago. Made us cruel, and vicious." Now she is beaming, her smile wide and toothy. "Even evil, they'd say, when they thought we couldn't hear. Once, when I was an apprentice, I heard one of the elders call us badgers!" Suddenly concerned that she might be frightening Reinholdt, Mosswillow quickly adds: "All lies, of course. We're strong, tough, and clever, but not evil or vicious."
    Reinholdt tries and fails to stifle a sharp and sudden laugh. There was just so much build up to an unexpected conclusion. "Badger, you say?! Well that is a most nefarious and unfair comparison." Reinholdt shakes his head with a grin.

"So... There's many more of you then? Your clan that is. And the other clans. How many other clans are there?" Rein asks, tail twitching with almost eager anticipation of the answers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Reinholdt tries and fails to stifle a sharp and sudden laugh. There was just so much build up to an unexpected conclusion. "Badger, you say?! Well that is a most nefarious and unfair comparison." Reinholdt shakes his head with a grin.

"So... There's many more of you then? Your clan that is. And the other clans. How many other clans are there?" Rein asks, tail twitching with almost eager anticipation of the answers.
    She smiles broadly. "Four. There's four Clans. The others are WindClan, ThunderClan, and RiverClan."

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ogre in the Playground

"Four whole clans? Wow." Reinholdt is impressed. "I'm kind of shocked I'm only hearing about them now. Where are they? Do you think you could introduce me some time? I'd love to meet at least one of them."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #1010

Back in the Saddle

"To an extent of course, yeah," Caelynn admits, "But back where I used to practice, there wasn't much that really went on. A couple basic surgeries, broken bones and colds, that sorta thing. Here, people have a far wider range of reasons why they might be visiting the doctor, and there's so many different species and unique little genetic quirks that live and manifest here." You'd think most people would prefer to shrink away from having to learn and master so many new treatments and physiologies considering how complex and specialized the profession can get for humans alone, but it doesn't seem to faze the woman quite so much as she takes another sip.

"Really though, the big thing is that I'll actually feel like I'm truly making a difference. All sorts of terrible misfortunes and calamities happen here, and it feels better to know your work is helping counteract those forces instead of just saving folks from their own dumb mistakes, y'know?" A bit callous perhaps, but things start to wear on you when you've treated your twelfth patient this month who broke their thumb trying to hammer a nail.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2019-10-24 at 09:28 AM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

"Four whole clans? Wow." Reinholdt is impressed. "I'm kind of shocked I'm only hearing about them now. Where are they? Do you think you could introduce me some time? I'd love to meet at least one of them."
    A lump forms in Mosswillow's throat, and she goes silent. Remembering Caroline's earlier words to her about the Nexus, she straightens and tries to put on a brave face. "I'm...not sure," she stammers against her will. "You could, I suppose, if...if you could find them. You see I didn't choose to come to this...this Nexus. It was a mistake, or...something. I don't know." She sighs. "What about you? Did you choose to come here?"

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt's ears flatten. "O-oh." He got too excited about the prospect of others like him and forgot Nexus' usual rule of only large numbers of humanoids exist at any given time. Poor Mosswillow was probably stuck too.

"M-me? Oh, I, uh, well, I guess I came here by choice. Some time ago," Rein says, suddenly sounding quite a bit cagey. "Fourty five seasons past I think?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #1013

[Back in the Saddle]

"Oh, you're a doctor?" Ithuriel remarks, mostly managing to just sound interested rather than surprised. She hadn't really thought about what Caelynn did for a living, but she wouldn't have guessed on it being any sort of medical profession.

Of course, very few people are what you'd expect them to be. Ithuriel's no different on that front.

"Are you- are you familiar with a lot of unusual creatures then? Did you- uh, for exmaple, did you know that angels can get pregnant? Because, um, I didn't."

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Reinholdt's ears flatten. "O-oh." He got too excited about the prospect of others like him and forgot Nexus' usual rule of only large numbers of humanoids exist at any given time. Poor Mosswillow was probably stuck too.

"M-me? Oh, I, uh, well, I guess I came here by choice. Some time ago," Rein says, suddenly sounding quite a bit cagey. "Fourty five seasons past I think?"
    Mosswillow's mouth falls open. "Forty-five?" She repeats, dumbfounded. "Do all of you- I mean, do all of us- live that long?"

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ogre in the Playground

Rein laughs a little. "No, I suppose some of us die in battle or adventure first. It's only what? Eleven years in human time? That's not that long. Ok it's a little long. Too long even."

The Russian Blue tilts his head. "How long are you used to living?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Rein laughs a little. "No, I suppose some of us die in battle or adventure first. It's only what? Eleven years in human time? That's not that long. Ok it's a little long. Too long even."

The Russian Blue tilts his head. "How long are you used to living?"
    She tilts her head and thinks for a second. "I once heard of an elder who lived for ninety moons," she replies. "How long is that in your 'human time?'"

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmm..." Reinholdt taps his claws on the bar. No doubt a habit picked up from the bipeds. "Seven years? Eight? No, seven and a half. Yeah, that's it. Well, that is if the moons are the same. If you shifted dimensions to get here, it could be entirely different. Time is kind of funny when you don't have a good baseline anymore and you find out there are different moons."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

"Hmm..." Reinholdt taps his claws on the bar. No doubt a habit picked up from the bipeds. "Seven years? Eight? No, seven and a half. Yeah, that's it. Well, that is if the moons are the same. If you shifted dimensions to get here, it could be entirely different. Time is kind of funny when you don't have a good baseline anymore and you find out there are different moons."
    Mosswillow nods, pretending she understands. "I see. And how many...dimensions...are there, exactly?

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh I dunno. Thousands? Millions? Some proclaim there are infinite dimensions." Reinholdt laps at his rum for a moment.

"All I know is that there's at least more than..." There's quick mental math by the cat, "one hundred and seventy two."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Pixie in the Playground

A sharp-dressed gentleman walks into Trog's.

This sharp-dressed gentleman is dressed in a black Stetson cowboy hat, a black western shirt with golden piping and coloured red at the shoulderblade area, complemented with blue jeans, black belt, and brown cowboy boots. His skin is tanned, with sharp red Jheri-curled hair, reddish eyes and sharp vampire fangs.

He walks over to a table in the corner and orders some Ichor Liquer in a big mug, which he begins sipping as he rests and observes the goings-on in the tavern.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.