New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XCIX: Leakier Than A Changeling Bathtub!

Woo, Christmas holidays next week. Finally feels like the year is almost over. Been a hectic one!

Hope ponythread is having a good end of year

Looking forward to a couple of weeks of just chilling with the family and eating. Too tired to do anything more substantive, and still haven't done my Christmas shopping (Thankfully, only need to buy for the folks and what we're gonna get them isn't too complicated).

2. - Top - End - #692
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Woo, Christmas holidays next week. Finally feels like the year is almost over. Been a hectic one!

Looking forward to a couple of weeks of just chilling with the family and eating. Too tired to do anything more substantive, and still haven't done my Christmas shopping (Thankfully, only need to buy for the folks and what we're gonna get them isn't too complicated).
    Surprisingly good. This year everything's been winding down up to the holidays as opposed to accelerating maniacally.

I've got a backlog of pony comics to get through. Still chugging away with Austareoh. Oh my gosh, there's so much and it's so good. Cartoon horse fanfiction is going to keep me going for years.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    I've got a backlog of pony comics to get through. Still chugging away with Austareoh. Oh my gosh, there's so much and it's so good. Cartoon horse fanfiction is going to keep me going for years.
    I don't know... Ever since Estee finished Tryptich it all seems so quiet...
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

4. - Top - End - #694

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    I don't know... Ever since Estee finished Tryptich it all seems so quiet...
    Oh, I'm talking purely about my backlog. My Read Later list is immense. I'm sure I'll get to the end of it sometime but not soon.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Titan in the Playground

My read later list is mostly now full of stuff that I thought was mildly interesting, but has never worked enough enthusiasm to actually read.

Pony fanfic HAS been very quiet of late, as judged by the large amount of "human/crossover" et al stuff filling the feature box.

(I have been quiet of late simply because of various things running my mental energy down - today, just not able to face more fighting with CK2 now that it is become apparent that one of the things I was working towards can't happen because of how the game works and fighting the RNG's screaming wobbly last time I played - it took me a good cope of hours to decide that maybe I would install Divinity Original Sin 2.

Nanny is improving, by-the-by - we need to ensure she actually takes her pain medication when she's supposed to not, just when she thinks it hurts - funnily enough, now they've had her doing that (she's in a home for some physio), she was better and apparently had improved beyond expectations, but this doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Nanny is sort of like somewhere between Fluttershy and Pinkie in disposition, but made of solid iron underneath. When she was a child (during World War II), the house opposite her was bombed, and had she not been in the back room, she'd have been killed, as it took front of their house off. She ran down the stairs without a scratch, despite on later inspection the stairs being covered with glass and debris.

6. - Top - End - #696

eh. found out I'll have to retake a class and I keep getting writer's block on my (non-pony)fanfics.

Start working on what's meant to be a Tribute to stan The man, then you realize it doesn't work for that but you've got too much to scrap it so you tweak it slightly, then go two days without the motivation to put the next word... Then stop working on it all together because you get inspired to work on a Christmas thing that won't leave you alone... Then the more you work on that, the bigger it gets...

By the way, does anyone have advice on how a little girl(10-11) who is from NYC but has never gotten a chance to play in the snow due to recurring health issues might react to finally being healthy enough to do so?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #697

Make sure your snowballs come close but don't hit. Even if she can't tag you, it keeps her from feeling bad.

Also, snow angels are fun.

Main thing is to make sure she doesn't overdo it.

8. - Top - End - #698

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Make sure your snowballs come close but don't hit. Even if she can't tag you, it keeps her from feeling bad.

Also, snow angels are fun.

Main thing is to make sure she doesn't overdo it.
    The little girl is a fictional character.(OC, do not steal )

In something, I'm writing.

Normally, I've got a good grasp of her but I honestly have no clue how to have her react to being able to play in the snow for the first time in literally ever.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2018-12-20 at 08:27 PM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    The little girl is a fictional character.(OC, do not steal )

In something, I'm writing.

Normally, I've got a good grasp of her but I honestly have no clue how to have her react to being able to play in the snow for the first time in literally ever.
    My first instinct is to say joy and curiosity. But I don't really know the character. Maybe she's the indoors type to begin with, and would quickly find it cold and unpleasant.

So I guess the question is has she yearned to be more active/play in the snow?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #700

Well, I guess my first question is how well does she handle being cold and/or wet?

Does she like doing things with her hands, or is she conditioned to use tools/tech?

Has she done things like rollerskating or rollerblading, or is she potentially coming at the idea of iceskating fresh as it were?

11. - Top - End - #701

Well, I guess my first question is how well does she handle being cold and/or wet?

Does she like doing things with her hands, or is she conditioned to use tools/tech?

Has she done things like rollerskating or rollerblading, or is she potentially coming at the idea of iceskating fresh as it were?
    Context: This is (Crossover)fanfiction and the thing that made her healthy enough to go outside is Klyntar symbiote.(She named it, a God-Killing eldritch Abomination of living darkness, Mister Snuggles.)Some excerpts from the work so far that I think establish her personality well enough.
    “Uh,” she began with a tone that practically dripped awkwardness, “the doctor called you my friend earlier. I’ve never really had honest real life friends before. I mean, I’ve got Mister Snuggles now, but that’s not the same, so… a-are we friends?” There was something desperate in her voice.

More flies were disturbed by someone hobbling down the hall. Shortly after a portly woman supporting herself with a cane entered the room. “Alright now,” she declared, “I understand that there are two skilled young wom...” she noticed that the young girl was still hanging from the ceiling. “Why is a prospective Ward standing on the ceiling?”

“If you just found out you could walk on the ceiling,” the girl said, “wouldn’t you want to do it?”

Ashley looked me in the eyes, as serious as I’ve ever seen her. “So, what you’re telling me is that unless I can find a way home, there’s no chance that I’ll ever get to ride a Triceratops?”

“Why are you on the ceiling?”

“Because it’s fun,”
    I suppose you could say that she likes the idea of being physically active and being able to go outside for things other than doctors apointments.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Titan in the Playground

If that's the case than I imagine she'd be thrilled. Rolling around in snow, having snow ball fights, eating it even. Snow is pretty fun, so unless she has a strong aversion to cold and wet I can't see her doing reacting otherwise.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Spamalot in the Playground

Ehhhh, guess it's alright. As good as one can ever expect given what happens every year.

But I'm making myself a batch of my childhood best holiday drink, Coquito, so it's gonna get better soon. :D
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

14. - Top - End - #704
    Titan in the Playground

Started watching Seven Deadly Sins season three.

Spoiler
    Show
    And Gowther escalated fast.

I would pat myself on the back for guessing he was some sort of construct, but I think it was so kind of obvious, I think everyone might have seen it.

Also, don't think the introduction of power levels was an improvement, myself. I refer tyou to DBZA!Vegeta's comment on them.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

Happy Hearth's Warming all!

I'll see you on the flipside, but consdier this a parting "present:" first pass at the Phystyulon's Pazukasst MBT.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ettin in the Playground

Happy Hearth's Warming from all of us closer to the international date line.

We'll let you know how it goes

17. - Top - End - #707

I'd offer a Happy Hearthswarming, but our hearths are already plenty warm. We aren't getting close to freezing until the weekend.

"I'm dreaming of a white ****ing Christmas for a change..."

18. - Top - End - #708
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Happy Hearth's Warming all!

I'll see you on the flipside, but consdier this a parting "present:" first pass at the Phystyulon's Pazukasst MBT.

Spoiler
    Show
    It's been that sort of day... I look at the top tank and think "why are there smilies on the trurret..."

Happy Hearth's Warming all indeed!
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ettin in the Playground

So Christmas is here and also coincided with 100 Years after the end of WW2 along with 104 years after the Christmas Truce.
    Spoiler: Happy Holidays, Happy Hearthswarming, and Merry Christmas
    Show
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

20. - Top - End - #710
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Mele Kalikimaka as they say in Haywaii
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

21. - Top - End - #711
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Merry Christmas!

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #712

Happy Festivus!
    Spoiler
    Show

Sadly I did not get what I really wanted this year--a chance to sleep in. XD
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2018-12-25 at 08:20 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #713

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Happy Festivus!
    Spoiler
    Show

Sadly I did not get what I really wanted this year--a chance to sleep in. XD
    Festivus was two days ago.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Happy Festivus!
    Something new every day!

(Never watch the program that popularised it, so would never have heard of it without Ponythread...)

25. - Top - End - #715

Best Christmas present: 8 pairs of comfortable socks that fit exactly right.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I did pretty well today. First three DVDs I got were films I did't get around to seeing at the cinema, had lots of chocolate a book on Chinese history (1250s to 1650s), some books (Empire Trilogy by Raymond E. Feist and Janny Wurts, which I have never heard of, so that could be interesting 2019 holiday reading (sdince I only tend to read actual books on holiday), more books, four more Marvel Movie DVDs.

We extracted Nanny from the home to my sister's for Christmas dinner; apparently she'd been a dirty stop-out and, while we took my uncle (who normally stays with her over Christmas while down from Birmingham) to you traditional party at my aunt's, she'd been up until midnight watching a film with another gentleman in the home. Apparently, to my almost total lack or surprise but great amusement, she had taken on the role or organising stuff for the other patients who don't want to make a fuss, so she's been all "this lady needs this, this gentleman needs that..."

Pestbag has a truely enormous Thomas track station set, which is compatible with all the forms of engines he has (and he has nearly as many trains as I do starships, and obscene amounts of track, due to Evil Uncles giving it to both him and his older sister previously...) Botty-Pain contibues to be a completey drama queen, and I am considering changing his nickname to I Don't Want To Man. The hardest prt is trying not to laugh at the truly ridiculous faces he pulls when he's trying it on; he has an impressive bottom lip.

Instead of Doctor Who, we had the excitement of Thomas & Friends: Big World! Big Adventures! The Movie, during which I completely ailed to find any rain routes on Kalos for my livign dex sliggoo and found I hadn't brought AlphaSapphire with me. It was, as they say, pretty naff. (I asked my uncle, who's been watching the new Doctor Who series and - like everyone I know in meat or perhaps mithril-bone) space's opinion on the new series which was worse, and he said it was about the same. Ouch.

But I have queations. Such as why is it that the engines apparently no longer have a driver and a fireman (let alone a signalman), but instead, the driver seems to exists as a sort of semi-autonomous drone, and extension of the engine's will? That is actually sort of creepy.

After Pestbag had gone to bed, Nanny back to the home and Boty-Pan and his Mum and Dad to their home, we rounded out with a real family movei, as given to me to my niece - Deadpool 2.

Which was as hilariously (especially the end-credits scenes) as it was the first time.

And during which, having been denied and chocolate fingers from the box I'd saved from my birthday party to our Christamas party, and having a huge box of five normal packets, I scarfed the majority of an entire packet all to myself, because sod it.

I can only hope, then, that all of your days were as good as mine was. At times like this I almost don't want to set the planet on fire.

Almost...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2018-12-25 at 07:26 PM.

27. - Top - End - #717

If you set the planet on fire, there will be no more chocolate. Is it worth that?

28. - Top - End - #718
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

so mom, sister,myself and our 2 friends living with us after running from Flo in NC went out to Denny's on xmas eve
    one of the 3 worst dining experiences ever

we sit down and next table is getting up to go..they wish us luck and said their food took so long they changed their mind and took it to go

1st round of beverages came and sis got sweet tea instead of unsweet(no big deal it happens)
    but every time we got refills(which was few and far between) she brought sweet tea

30 minutes after ordering no appetizers yet even

40 minutes after ordering entrees arrived(mostly..no entree for mom)..still no appetizers and i had to grab silverware off a neighboring table and condiments from the server station

still no apps or entree for mom by the time everyone else finished..finally called manager over
    comes back in a few minutes and says the machine did not print out that part of the order in the kitchen(yeaaahh...)
    so they start the apps and moms food..she requests the dinner be packed to go
    waitress grabs everything off the table and asks if we want drinks to go(hello? maybe we want drinks for here since apps are coming?)
    they bring everything to go..get told "no..apps are for here" --- takes everything back and apparently restart the order....why?

others who came in after us also waited forever..some leaving w/o ever getting food
    and they were NOT very busy during all this

manager ended up comping the entire bill

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    some books (Empire Trilogy by Raymond E. Feist and Janny Wurts, which I have never heard of, so that could be interesting 2019 holiday reading (sdince I only tend to read actual books on holiday)
    good trilogy
    its the original riftwar saga setting from the other side
    If you set the planet on fire, there will be no more chocolate. Is it worth that?
    im sure there is a planet somewhere within the AotRS sphere of influence where they can transport the cacao plant
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2018-12-27 at 01:22 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

29. - Top - End - #719

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Festivus was two days ago.
    You inspired my art today~
    Spoiler: Doc got you a thing.
    Show

I kidd of course.

My daughter has mastered the art of sarcasm, so I sketched a similar one titled 'The Sarcastic's Guide' for her. She just rolled her eyes and walked away, which I take as the closest I can get to a victory with her. Kids.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #720
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    so mom, sister,myself and our 2 friends living with us after running from Flo in NC went out to Denny's on xmas eve
    one of the 3 worst dining experiences ever

we sit down and next table is getting up to go..they wish us luck and said their food took so long they changed their mind and took it to go

1st round of beverages came and sis got sweet tea instead of unsweet(no big deal it happens)
    but every time we got refills(which was few and far between) she brought sweet tea

30 minutes after ordering no appetizers yet even

40 minutes after ordering entrees arrived(mostly..no entree for mom)..still no appetizers and i had to grab silverware off a neighboring table and condiments from the server station

still no apps or entree for mom by the time everyone else finished..finally called manager over
    comes back in a few minutes and says the machine did not print out that part of the order in the kitchen(yeaaahh...)
    so they start the apps and moms food..she requests the dinner be packed to go
    waitress grabs everything off the table and asks if we want drinks to go(hello? maybe we want drinks for here since apps are coming?)
    they bring everything to go..get told "no..apps are for here" --- takes everything back and apparently restart the order....why?

others who came in after us also waited forever..some leaving w/o ever getting food
    and they were NOT very busy during all this

manager ended up comping the entire bill
    Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga
    im sure there is a planet somewhere within the AotRS sphere of influence where they can transport the cacao plant
    Yup. Most of them, actually, save perhaps Fearmore.

So, apparently, my main present was buried and completely forgotten, so I DID get one game for Christmas: Omega Ruby. So I am going to have to have a good long plan about what team to create and sort out for that (but hey, it means I will have some more breeding/grinding work to do again...!)