New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XCIX: Leakier Than A Changeling Bathtub!

Behold from magic cartoon horses show.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Banned

Spoiler: Sweet and Smokey non-sequitur
    Show
    Stay gold, Spike.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Spamalot in the Playground

Spoiler: S9 Ep9 Sweet n Smokey
    Show
    So this episode was... eh.

I can't think of anything to say about it. It was pretty unremarkable and I found myself doing laundry while it was playing. So yeah, was decent background noise but little more.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: S9 E9
    Show
    So, Garble is Smolder's brother. That's a thing.

This was a fairly standard "redeem the former antagonist" episode, and honestly I have mixed feelings about it. Garble was always previously presented as essentially the alpha jerk among his peers, so saying now that he was only so antagonistic because he didn't want to be the subject of mockery himself seems a little hard to take. The show has handled this concept much better in the past, first with Babs Seed and then later with Diamond Tiara herself, so I'm inclined to be a little more critical. That said, I do like that it was Fluttershy who finally cracked Garble, if for no other reason that I like how it shows her progression as a character. I'd probably give this episode a C, it's not bad, per se, but it's not the show's best either.

On a related note, this episode incinerates bit of headcannon I had about how dragon eggs need a final infusion of magic to hatch (hence how Twilight hatched Spike), so I may be slightly saltier than usual because of it.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: s9e9
    Show
    Ehhh...

It had its moments, but this one didn't work huigely well for me again, despite being a Spike episode. The moments mostly being Spike The Diplomat, give him credit he really does try...

And Fluttershy being all assertive and not batting an eyelid. In front of dragons,, even that she all the way back was terrified to the point or paralysis of.

Yeah, "Garble's really just a poet deep down" really didn't jibe with Garble-who-would-cheerfully-murder-sentient/sapients, guys - you're rather too late for that party, sorry.

And we're kind of late in the day to be introducing "laugh-fire," given we've had a rather easily amused dragon around for NINE SEASONS and it has never come up before. Sloppy.

Also, Smolder being Garble's sibling is just way to neat; it's explictly the sort of thing that Scootaloo was NOT Dash's sister to avoid.

I mean, it did slightly more than the NewSix-centric episdoes but... Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Show
    This was a fairly standard "redeem the former antagonist" episode, and honestly I have mixed feelings about it. Garble was always previously presented as essentially the alpha jerk among his peers, so saying now that he was only so antagonistic because he didn't want to be the subject of mockery himself seems a little hard to take.
    Agreed.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-05-25 at 07:36 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1296

I guess I didn't post this art I did here before...
    Spoiler: Fallout Equestria stuff
    Show

Show
    On a related note, this episode incinerates bit of headcannon I had about how dragon eggs need a final infusion of magic to hatch (hence how Twilight hatched Spike), so I may be slightly saltier than usual because of it.
    Spoiler: S9 Ep9 Smokey
    Show
    I guess Spike is a special case for hatching. Hmm.

Well, it was pretty funny when Fluttershy asked if all the eggs were Ember's. Like, dang, what a thing to ask there, Shy. XD
    Digo Dragon - Artist

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Show

And we're kind of late in the day to be introducing "laugh-fire," given we've had a rather easily amused dragon around for NINE SEASONS and it has never come up before. Sloppy.

They've gotten pretty bad about inserting whatever they want to solve the plot lately.
    Last edited by Adderbane; 2019-05-27 at 11:22 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Adderbane View Post
    They've gotten pretty bad about inserting whatever they want to solve the plot lately.
    i got ten horseshoes saying that at MOST, we hear about it again once. but probably never.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2019-05-27 at 11:55 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: S9 E9 Additional thought
    Show
    One thing that's occurred to me after thinking about it is that Smolder being Garble's sister could be why Ember chose her to be the School of Friendship's toke dragon. Ember very likely recalled that Garble was a jerk from their interactions during the Gauntlet, and could have seen Twilight's school as a way of preventing Smolder from following in her brother's footsteps.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Show

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Banned

Spoiler: S9 E9 Additional thought
    Show
    One thing that's occurred to me after thinking about it is that Smolder being Garble's sister could be why Ember chose her to be the School of Friendship's toke dragon. Ember very likely recalled that Garble was a jerk from their interactions during the Gauntlet, and could have seen Twilight's school as a way of preventing Smolder from following in her brother's footsteps.
    Spoiler: Sweet and Smokey
    Show
    More than that, it deprives Garble of a loyal supporter should he be planning a coup, and gives the ponies a hostage who is not valuable to Ember but would be valuable to Garble as a pretender to the scepter.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Show
    More than that, it deprives Garble of a loyal supporter should he be planning a coup, and gives the ponies a hostage who is not valuable to Ember but would be valuable to Garble as a pretender to the scepter.
    Show
    So was it me or you tend to be cynical about themes in children cartoon about friendship?
    Also didn't he try to kill Phoenix eggs and burn Equestria to the ground at some point?
    Last edited by t209; 2019-05-28 at 12:59 AM.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

12. - Top - End - #1302

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Show
    So was it me or you tend to be cynical about themes in children cartoon about friendship?
    Also didn't he try to kill Phoenix eggs and burn Equestria to the ground at some point?
    Show
    We're all aware, it's not just you. That said, I'll agree to the first part of his statement in so far that I could see Ember sending Smolder to friendship school because that would make her a positive influence on Garble, who is a known troublemaker even among dragonkind.

And yeah, Garble attempted to murder unhatched phoenixes.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Show
    Yes he did, which is why I don't buy he's secretly all sensitive and stuff.

Urrrgh. I hate enforced rejuvenation times. Sometimes, you just get on the wrong end of a laser cannon. So I have accomplished nothing today except actually chipping away at the massive backlog of DVD films I've not watched. (Thus far: A-Team, Muppets Most Wanted, LEGO Batman...) Might not get anything useful done tomorrow either, which is annoying, since I really wanted to get the Xygritt's carriers and fighters done ASAP in case we need them for the convention at the start of July...

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Bugbear in the Playground

Critical Role is playing a one-shot Tails of Equestria one-shot (started fifteen minutes ago). It's already amazing.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Gone to Seed
    Show

I always like AJ/Applebloom episodes, and although a bit predictable, this was cute enough to rate a 7/10 I think. High point being Apple family flashbacks triggering Perfect Pear feels.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: S9 E10
    Show
    Applejack is a silly pony.

In all serious though, this was a very cute bit of Apple family fluff. The legend of the Great Seedling was a nice bit of worldbuilding, and while some of the elements of the episode were a little predictable it was remotely as bad about that as some other episodes have been. In particular, having Applejack suddenly go all in on the Seedling hunt was not something I saw coming, so kudos there.

I'd definitely give this episode a B+, it's not quite as good as the opener or Frenemies, but it's definitely my third favorite of the season thus far.

My Homebrew

Show

17. - Top - End - #1307

Spoiler: E9 Ep10
    Show
    It was a decent episode. Probably what stuck the most to me was seeing the parents again. Aww, some good feels in that. Kinda want more of 'em, but knowing this is the last season... sad feels.

Anyway, it's cute and not particularly deep, but that's alright. A decent slice-of-life episode, and I'll give it a B+ grade. I would go A- if they didn't reveal the creature to just be Big Mac sleep-walking. That was probably the one disappointing part. If they left it a mystery it would at least be something to ponder about. Course then they did the carrots at the end, but it's too late. The magic of wonder was gone.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Titan in the Playground

I'm doing some charity related to the show. The only help I have needed from others has been advice.

Tried to go on broniesforgood.org to get there e-mail address so I could ask them something.

There site gives a database error, and the last mentions of them when I search for them seem to be about a year old.

Did they shut down?

If so, how could I get in contact with someone who knows why they did so, and/or what sorts of rules they followed to avoid getting Hasbro sending them a Cease & Desist?
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Spoiler: E9 Ep10
    Show
    It was a decent episode. Probably what stuck the most to me was seeing the parents again. Aww, some good feels in that. Kinda want more of 'em, but knowing this is the last season... sad feels.

Anyway, it's cute and not particularly deep, but that's alright. A decent slice-of-life episode, and I'll give it a B+ grade. I would go A- if they didn't reveal the creature to just be Big Mac sleep-walking. That was probably the one disappointing part. If they left it a mystery it would at least be something to ponder about. Course then they did the carrots at the end, but it's too late. The magic of wonder was gone.
    Spoiler: S9 Ep10
    Show
    Yeah.
    Kinda like the twist in the end though, no matter how cliche. Depends if Carrot Top has sleep-harvesting issue though.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

20. - Top - End - #1310

Show
    Yeah.
    Kinda like the twist in the end though, no matter how cliche. Depends if Carrot Top has sleep-harvesting issue though.
    Show
    Maybe Carrot was trolling her neighbors.

Was nice to see baby Bloom with mama Pear. I been reading threads around the net with so many people having issues with it, but I think peeps take the timeline too seriously. I'm more inclined to think it's just disparities due to different writers and Granny Smith being an unreliable narrator in flashbacks.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Titan in the Playground

Later to the party than usual, since my enforced rejuvenation period is still ongoing, annoyingly...

Spoiler: s9e10
    Show
    Hey, we remembered Apple Bloom was around!

Yeah, not really much to say on this one, aside from an eyeglow roll at AJ, a magical pony in a magical land who is friends with the most powerful magic users around and a chaos demi-god and the former wielder of literal friendship made manifest being unable to accept that a magic thing might exist.

And then doing an immeidate 180...

Wasn't bad, just... No high points, really, for me, other than maybe AB's expressions.

More or less finished the next bit of Rise of the Runelords now, so we're nearly at the Bleakbane-giggling-with-anticipation part where all the sins I've been tracking for the party will actually come up...

Paused me PoE2 run, because I did not feel up to it yesterday, so instead (prmopted by a coupon to discovere stuff on sale), I ended up buying Irony Curtain from Gog, which is a point-and-click, in the style of Lucasarts and Daedreic (Deponia). An amusing enough ten hours, though I didn't find it quite as funny as Deponia.

Also bought Longest Journey, expansion for Spellforce 3, Spellforce 1 platinum (wasn't sure I could run it on Win 10 from the disks, and at £2, it's not worth the effort of actually finding the disks out to try...!) and the thing I got the 50% off coupon for, Frostpunk. Might as well stock up on some games, since now I'm not sure there owt coming out apart from Paradox expansiosn for, like, the immediate future.

(Even Pokémon has somewhat lost its lustre, as I'd have to get a Switch and, well, Switches are not very portable and won't fit in my pockets, which defeats the entire point nof them, in my opinion.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-06-03 at 05:41 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: s9e10
    Show
    Hey, we remembered Apple Bloom was around!

Yeah, not really much to say on this one, aside from an eyeglow roll at AJ, a magical pony in a magical land who is friends with the most powerful magic users around and a chaos demi-god and the former wielder of literal friendship made manifest being unable to accept that a magic thing might exist.

And then doing an immeidate 180...

Wasn't bad, just... No high points, really, for me, other than maybe AB's expressions.

I guess Applejack's initial not believing in the Great Seedling didn't bother me as much since I interpreted it as more of a 'Santa Claus' type of myth rather than one of the 'real' magical phenomena that exist in Equestria. Although, the idea of there being a distinction between old mare's tales and real magical creatures gives me an idea for a fanfic, where a pony comes to Earth and is incredulous at humans dismissing some science fiction as strictly impossible when we're surrounded by so much (from a pony's point of view) fantastically advanced technology already.

In other pony thoughts, I rewatched Maud Pie and gave some thought that it was Fluttershy who made the point that Maud would move mountains for the sake of her younger sibling if they were in trouble. Given what we've seen of Zephyr Breeze, I have to wonder if there's something in Fluttershy's past that leads her to speaking from experience there.

My Homebrew

Show

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Titan in the Playground

So, our newest player expressed a desire to run a Starfinder campaign. Yay, I get to make a new character in a space version of Pathfinder! Well, that ought to be -

*actually reads Starfinder*

*sigh*

Well, I'm pretty sure I won't be touching Pathfinder 2E with a bargepole, if Starfinder is to PF1 what Star Wars D20 Legacy was to 3.5.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Banned

Well, I'm pretty sure I won't be touching Pathfinder 2E with a bargepole, if Starfinder is to PF1 what Star Wars D20 Legacy was to 3.5.
    Me neither, except for setting material.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler: saw something new at the grocery store
    Show

drew a giant NOPE! from me

poll:
    are you more toward the "oh bleep no!" or the "sounds yummy" end of the spectrum?
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Show

poll:
    are you more toward the "oh bleep no!" or the "sounds yummy" end of the spectrum?
    I'm pretty sure that qualifies as actual heresy and I think something needs to be cleansed from orbit.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Banned

I'm pretty sure that qualifies as actual heresy and I think something needs to be cleansed from orbit.
    Yeah, but what don't you think that of?

Honestly I'm having trouble imagining it being less appealing than ordinary breakfast cereal. Which isn't "yummy" by any stretch of the imagination (unless it's two in the afternoon and I've skipped breakfast) but not actively offensive either.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ettin in the Playground

Show

poll:
    Just like with the bacon vodka, I am glad to be able to say no because it's not kosher.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    bacon vodka
    Did I miss something? Why would anyone make that?

30. - Top - End - #1320

Because humans are crazy. As our day jobs prove, my comrade.

Show

poll:
    Dammit, where did I leave that orbital laser again?