New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Nation of the Dead [IC]

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

I really hope you guys don't intend for me to take care of this all on my own
    Spoiler
    Show

Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.
    Will: Wow, that's, 30,000gp. That's more than you can get with a wish spell
    Me: Yeah, it was more than I could ever wish for.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Act soon or roll for init...
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, if no one says anything to the otherwise by this time tomorrow, I'm rolling everyone's Initiative.

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Actually, change of plans. The Demented One is temporarily MIA, so I'll NPC him.
    --
    "No foe will stand before me, not while this heart beats with fervor against death..." Zenra takes his sword in both hands and begins running toward the center of town where the tower is, as the rain falls and black lightning seems to strike the tip of the tower still. "Cernin has proven it's weakness, it's greatest representative before us this night was no match!"

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruin follows Zenra, his reaper held at the ready.
    We will purge them from this land!
    The Bear is Back.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

As the group runs through the streets and over the decayed bodies that were once zombies, the black energy continues to swirl and the rain pours down with strength unlike any you've ever seen. You reach the large, redwood double doors with brass knockers and etched with glowing cyan runes, obviously the front gates of a wizard's tower.

Zenra reaches the door and begins pulling on it, he seems to have some trouble. He turns to the rest of the group, "The doors are stuck!"

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Stopping before the door, Bruin lifts his Reaper to try and smash the door into a million pieces, but slowly lowers it.
    A wizard's tower... the door may not react well to force...
    He breathes a small incantation and stares at the door, trying to see if any wards have been placed on it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Detect Magic.
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2008-04-07 at 09:10 PM.
    The Bear is Back.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The sigils on the doors appear to be magical, with a few rounds of concentration you realize they are transmutation-based magic, with a tie to the rim of the doors.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Transmutation... probably to either strengthen or secure the door...
    Bruin hefts his Reaper.
    I believe it is safe to demolish this barrier. Stand back, however, in case I am mistaken.
    Waiting for his friends to move away, Bruin will let out a shout and smash at the door, trying to break his way through into the tower.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Taking a full round to aim, and maxing out my power attack to hit this thing hard. (2d6+19)[28] Damage. If it does anything, it should be either effective or very bad for me.
    The Bear is Back.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

As metal collides with wood there is the sound of creaking metal for just a moment and then terrible cracking. Blue energy crackles away from the sigils and to where Bruin strikes and he punches a massive hole in the wood. From the other side comes the sounds of hissing and screeching.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Using his Reaper, Bruin smashes away at the hole, trying to widen it enough for easy entrance. With that accomplished, he turns to his companions.
    If there are no objections, I will go first. If anyone should test their fate against this evil, it should be me. If something is to happen, the rest of us should gather any survivors and escape back to more civilized lands.
    He smiles, his large canines gleaming as he pulls his white hood over his face.
    Also, we shoul all be ready to strike a major blow against this evil tide. Whatever is up there, they are going to miss it when we are done with it.
    If there are no objections, Bruin will duck his massive bulk through the door way and look around.
    The Bear is Back.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

As Bruin smashes in he sees what looks to be an entrance hall to some legislative bureau. The floor seems to be made of beautiful, shining, black marble and white limestone pillars are at the four corners of the room. Benches line the walls and three eloquent desks sit at the back before a large double door, much like the one just now entered. Yellow-orange torches line the walls, lighting the room rather well and giving it a pleasant warm feeling.
    Suddenly, it becomes apparent there is something horribly wrong... blood is splattered all over the ground as well as massacred corpses of men in robes and somewhat noble attire. The hissing and screeching stops in the same instant as the seven vicious creatures take notice of Bruin...
    Tight, light brown leathery skin coats the bodies of these creatures, over visible skeletons. Their bodies are almost-birdlike, except lacking any form of feathers, and featuring toothy maws, long, stiff tails and claws on both their hands and feet... two massive hooked claws adorn their feet... obvious killing tools. Their eyes flash red like burning coals.
    They're covered in blood... apparently the blood of their victims, some of which stopped gorging themselves as Bruin entered the room. Around their necks appear to be thin chains with symbols attached to them.

Zenra sees the symbols around their necks and hesitates after entering after Bruin, "...On loan from the labs of Undus..."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative
    Raptor 1 - 24
    Raptor 2 - 22
    Glib - 20
    Raptor 3 - 20
    Raptor 4 - 18
    Grumkik - 18
    Zenra - 16
    Raptor 5 - 16
    Raptor 6 - 14
    Raptor 7 - 13
    Bruin - 11
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-04-10 at 01:06 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

Two of the undead raptors rush the group and both decide to vault their thin, skeletal bodies at Bruin and Zenra respectively. They hiss and shriek, as they bite and claw at them, digging their claws and biting hard.
    The first raptor throws himself at Bruin and puts it's bloody claws out before it and tries biting into his shoulder, but the claws and jaws leave him unharmed. It drops back down to the ground in front of him and hisses angrily.
    The second raptor throws it's talons toward Zenra and the claws punch through gaps in his armor and rip through flesh, but it's forclaws and bite don't penetrate it. It rips away, dripping Zenra's blood and drops to the ground in front of him, clicking and growling beastially.((7 damage)) Zenra winces in pain as his bleed drips out between the folds of his armor.

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Glib's turn.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-04-10 at 01:03 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284

Let me tell you a story to chill the bones,
    'bout a thing that I saw.
    One night wandering in the everglades,
    I'd one drink, but no more!
    I was rambling enjoying the bring moon-light,
    Gazing up, at the stars.
    Not aware of a presence so near to me,
    Watching my every move!

Glib starts a haunting melody, sending a chill through your body, instilling a greater need to defeat the undead.

In through the giant doors barrel two small cloaked figures, diving through the other heroes, and diverging to either side of the clawed beasts, jumping back to their feet and striking simultaneously at either side.

Spoiler
    Show

Glib uses Bardic Music (Inspire Courage +1)
    Other two, tumble past threatened squares to be on either side of the undead, then single attack.
    Tumble: (1d20+14)[27], (1d20+10)[18]
    If failed, AC is 22
    Attack: (1d20+13)[15], (1d20+9)[28]
    Damage: (1d3+2)[4],(1d3+1)[4]
    Spoiler
    Show

Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

The two cloaked halflings dodge and weave between their allies and beside the raptors on either side and in unison strike at the undead creatures. Whisp's dagger strikes the thick skin of it but does not pierce or damage it. Shade, however, is more lucky and drags the dagger's blade across it's rib-cage.
    Two more raptors take away from their meals and hiss loudly, rushing the group. They seem to weave and attack Zenra and Bruin again, but decide to launch themselves at the new halflings.
    The first loom over Whisp and slams into his body, grinding it's talons into his flesh((13 damage)), but his claws and bite seem to just miss him, the neck and forearms of the creature instead brushing against him uncomfortably. It screeches in primal anger.
    The second vaults through the air at Shade, but it's traction is off, slipping in blood and gore as it runs. It's talons miss, not even scathing the halfling, it's claws... miss by only a few inches and the only portion of the creature's jaw that hits him is the bottom of it's chin. Shade in all his luck, being left completely unharmed.
    Spoiler
    Show

Grumkik's Turn
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-04-11 at 08:54 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286
    Orc in the Playground

Grumkik

This might singe your eyebrows a bit.

Spoiler
    Show

Centered fireball DC=21 reflex on yellow dot on intersection, misses entire party that way and hits the 4 nearest us.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't roll for damage, so I shall take up that task.
    Fireball - (7d6)[21]

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

The burst of flames extends out from the point of impact at great speed, burning the four undead dinosaurs in front of the group. There is a terrible sound... utter agony and screeching incapable by any natural creature that seems to ring in your ears like a terrible mental disease...
    When the flames clear, all the bodies caught in the blast have been burned and are still alight. The four raptors still stand, however, mostly skeletal now but still burning with not only fire, but primitive rage... The first attacker seeming to be the least damaged, and the most agile.

Zenra covers his eyes with his forearm as the fire just misses him. When the flames stop the changeling's face becomes hardened and strong in the face of this menace. "Beast... your skin is singed and your mind is warped, but above all else your fate is sealed!"
    With an incredible flurry of his greatsword, he attacks the raptor directly in front of him. The first strike swings into the creature and with a bit of resistance the beast is wounded, but alive and hissing with pain. Zenra gives another jolt of strength and rips it's head from it's hideously burned neck...
    "By the beating hearts of Tanzen, I judge ye damned!" He swings again at the other raptor, the one directly in front of Bruin... The undead raptor attempts catching the sword in his mouth, but it proves futile as Zenra ends the union between it's upper and lower jaws as the upper half of it's long head flies back and falls to the ground.
    In the next moment, both headless(or nearly headless) bodies fall to the ground with arcane twitching.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Having used Lion's Roar and felling not only one, but two foes, everyone receives a +5 bonus to damage rolls until the end of Zenra's next turn.

The remaining three raptors stare at the fray before them for but a moment and decide their stomachs and sadism have outweighed their sense of frailty before a sword or mace. They leap over the burning bodies and toward the group again, one lunges at Shade, one at Whisp and the third at Zenra.
    The beast attacking Shade leaps, pushing the raptor out of it's way as it flies through the air... it's claws attempt to pierce his skin but fail to pierce his armor. One of it's claws misses it's intended target and he feels another uncomfortable undead arm rub on his neck. He is not so fortunate for the other claw. It swings and hits shade directly in the neck, digging into his jugular vein and spraying the creature with even more blood as it cries with sadistic joy((18 damage)). In the bloodlust, it also tries to bite into the wounded area but can't seem to get past it's own claw.
    The second pushes the raptor out from in front of Whisp as it also pounces down upon the halfling. It fails to even reach him with it's claws as it merely lands on the ground in front of him. It's first claw swings and merely scathes his armor. The second reaches forward with greater accuracy and rips into his flesh, dripping blood((8 damage)). It's jaws latch onto the halfling's shoulder, but it cannot pierce the armor.
    The third doesn't need to push anything aside as it lunges for Zenra. It's talons sink into his skin with some effort and speed... ripping a new hole in his stomach and dripping blood. It's first claw very easily rips across Zenra's neck and splatter blood against the wall and floor. The second claw is not so lucky as it merely clatters against his plate armor. It screeches as it's open jaw looms down and attempts to rip the changeling open. It as well bypasses any defenses and it sinks it's jagged, yellow teeth into the space between his neck and shoulder. Zenra appears to be in great pain from the creature's assault((25 damage)).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shade and Whisp must make Fort saves. Zenra already made his.

Map
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-04-14 at 02:41 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289

Spoiler
    Show

Whisp, then Shade
    (1d20+6)[10], (1d20+5)[14]
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Whisp seems to attempt to shrug off the cold energy that flows into him from his wound, but his body does not put up nearly a good enough fight as the cold energy consumes him.
    Whisp is paralyzed for the next 3 rounds.

Shade is more lucky, his body just strong enough to fight the cold clutches of the wicked curse. It is uncomfortable, but he manages to stave off the paralysis.

Bruin's turn.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-04-14 at 02:42 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruin takes a single step, his hood raised over his knotted brow as his rage grows in his chest upon seeing his friend's blood spilt. The massive Reaper swings in a massive arc at the raptor in front of Shade as Bruin trys to assist the small, frozen halfling. Swinging in another massive arc, he roars as he builds momentum and follows up with an attack at the abomination threatening Zenra. He arcs his back and makes another final swing, hoping to fell a foe that survives. His pulverising weapon sparks with magic as it nears its hated foe, with Bruin's rage seeming to fuel its power to new heights.
    STAND FIRM! THEY ARE WEAK IN THE LIGHT OF AEOMON! WE ARE STRONG IN HIS GRACE! THEY SHALL NOT STAND AGAINST US!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok. 1 attack (1d20+15)[35] to hit the first one, with (4d6+16)[33] Damage. Another, at the raptor by Zenra, with (1d20+10)[13] and another (4d6+16)[28] . If either one falls, then another attack on the survivor at (1d20+15)[17] and (4d6+16)[29].
    The Bear is Back.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

The robes half-orc swings with such utter precision and skill, the raptor barely saw the holy mace-head coming... The weapon strikes where the lower jaw and neck meet and without even the slightest amount of resistance and rips the creature's skull and most of it's neck-bones out of it's dried and decayed body. The head cracks as it splatters gore against the wall and the body drops and sprawls over the ground.
    Bruin swings again, but the raptor is so instilled with fear by the brutal display of the slaying of his ally that he is more keen to avoid the blow, missing it by several inches and it hisses in both anger and fear.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Can't give you the clave, no enemies in range.

Glib's Turn.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-04-14 at 10:29 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293

Feeling Scared, and I fell to my knees,
    As something rushed me from the trees.
    Took me to an unholy place,
    And that is where I fell from grace.
    and they summoned me over to join in with them,
    to the dance of the dead.
    In to the circle of fire I followed them,
    In to the middle I was led.

Glib hops in through the door, continuing to sing his song, and slicing away at the raptor near his companion with his rapier.

Shade mutters the words to a spell, watching carefully for the raptor near him, then sliding over slightly and touching himself with his hands, creating a burst of ephemeral white light, and seemingly nothing happens.

Spoiler
    Show

Glib walks in the room, continuing his bardic music, then attacking R7 (1d20+10)[23], with (1d4)[2] damage.

Shade casts defensively (1d20+10)[11], then 5-steps and discharges his invisibility sphere, affecting the entire party, and R7
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

The raptor hisses angrily as the new meat leaps in and begins punching holes in it. Glib's rapier having stricken precisely, though with little actual force. This is like an irritating insect bite to the creature.
    The raptor adjacent to shade is still too off-balance to strike at him as he casts the spell and weaves into the right place. All the undead dinosaurs but the one currently being viciously poked suddenly looked shocked when the white light flashes and look around as if they cannot see the group.

The third and fourth raptors begin to circle around the area where most of the group and their single companion disappeared, hissing and clicking unnaturally. They finally catch the scent and screech loudly, rushing into the circle of the spell and leaping up on two foes.
    The first leaps up and tries digging his claws into Bruin. It's claws aren't so deftly aimed it seems, as it's legs slam harmlessly into the half-orc reaper's armor and it falls back into the ground.
    The second raptor having circled the other side catches Glib's scent, and it follows it's nose as it leaps through. It's direction is sure as it strikes, but it's aim is not so sure. It's claws miss the halfling, it's feet merely slamming into the ground next to him and it hisses in rage as it lands.
    Spoiler
    Show

Grumkik's turn.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-04-15 at 12:17 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Orc in the Playground

Grumkik

Attention remaining on the raptors he once again casts a spell through the doorway.

Spoiler
    Show

magic missle (4d4+4)[18] on the raptor next to bruin.

also a knowledge nature check to see what i can know about these things and how they differ from normal beasts

knowedge nature (1d20+8)[27]

ooc: sorry for not really posting more discription, my character isn't really the talkative type. eddited cuz i can't spell spoiler >.<
    Last edited by Green Leviathan; 2008-04-15 at 03:17 AM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quite alright, I'm just happy you're posting and keeping the game alive and breathing.
    --
    You successfully figure out some of the differences between these creatures and normal ones of it's kind. They appear to be deinonychuses, but their skin looks dryer and tighter around their skeletons. Their foreclaws are much larger than a creature of it's type, as well as hardened and ripped up. Their eyes are noticeably different, glowing like burning embers in their sunken sockets. Another slight difference you can see is their muscles appear thicker, even if the rest of their bodies are so much thinner.
    From what you can tell about the way they acted by attacking in the accurate direction through the invisibility sphere, their scent is still functional.

The glowing, desert-sand colored missiles strike the raptor next to Bruin and it's body decayed in certain places much faster and with a sudden, arcane burst, it's rotten body falls apart, spilling rotten blood all over the floor and letting out a final, dying hiss.

Zenra holds his blade again up high and at an angle. "We mustn't waste much more time, we know not what lies at the top of the tower." When he finishes his sentence he swings down hard at the raptor. His blade connects with the creature's body, hitting the top of it's head and neatly cleaving it's head in two. With a gurgle it attempts to scream in anger, but Zenra quickly kicks it back and steps onto it's body, using the momentum from his movement and first attack to strike at the raptor outside of the sphere. The blade strikes from down to up and slashes through it's chest and neck, splattering blood all over the ground between them. The raptor seemed to have not seen it coming and screeches in shock when stricken.
    Despite the attack, the second victim of Zenra's onslaught does not fall.

The raptor who took Zenra's attack hisses and leans forward, tracking by scent and it's very limited mind, it takes a step to it's right and is now in the sphere. It screeches louder than ever and leaps up to attack Zenra.
    It's talons hit him hard in the chest, burrowing through his armor and flesh and splattering his blood all over the ground, mixing with the blood of the other raptors and the human corpses. It tries to dig it's jaws and foreclaws into his body but they merely harmlessly latch onto his armor until it finishes cutting a hole in him and falls back to the ground.((8 damage))

Spoiler
    Show

Bruin's turn.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-04-15 at 07:43 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruin peers around at the remaining dead. While hurt, they were still a threat. Raising his Reaper high into the air, he bellowes a prayer of retribution.
    Those who have struck will be struck down! THOSE WHO HAVE SINNED WILL BE REDEEMED! THOSE WHO HAVE WALKED RESTLESS WILL BE LAYED TO REST!
    His zealous heart released another burst of positive energy to wash away the filth that remained. He smiles as the warmth of Aeomon's power flowed through him like a lightning rod.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Destroy Undead. (8d6)[29] Damage to all undead within 30'. That means you, dinos. Sit. Stay. Play dead.

Good boys .
    The Bear is Back.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

Bruin's mighty holy energy flows over the area, making the area feel natural and warm, sweeping away the cold undeath that lingers in the air of the town. Once the wave hits the two undead saurian creatures, it burns them like a holy fireball. After mere moments, their bodies fall as nothing but black husks of their former selves.
    Spoiler
    Show
    1050 XP to everyone!

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruin immediately brings out his wand.
    Who is in need of healing?
    Thinking, he also looks to the two halflings who spilled in to aid them.
    And who are these two fine warriors?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just tell me how many charges to subtract off my wand to bring everyone to full.
    The Bear is Back.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Just 6 charges from your wand of CMW.

Spoiler
    Show