New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Nation of the Dead [IC]

I have a plan. I can destory most of these undead using the Holy Light of Aeomon. It's a technique of my order. I will go distract the minions and erradicate them. You stay here for a few seconds, long enough for them to focus on me, and then you all can destroy their master. If it is possible, get word to that wizard in the tower so he can provide support.
    With that, Bruin will recklessly charge foreword towards the mass of undead. He shouts at them in a taunting voice, though he knows it will have little effect on their mindless forms.
    Come to me, perversions of life, and meet sweet death!
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[7]
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2007-11-07 at 09:51 AM.
    The Bear is Back.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

Default Callais

"A plan that is as sound as any, I suppose." Callais says nonchalantly. Focusing his eyes on the tower, he continues in a pleasant tone, "I believe I'll have a chat with our new wizard friend."

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[21]

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Default Zenra

Zenra's gaze hardened as he looked upon the robes and symbol about the pale rider's neck and his zeal to destroy it became even stronger. "Leave no abomination standing..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+5)[17]
    --
    The order goes like this;
    Callais
    Zenra
    Mounted undead leader
    Zombie group 1
    Grumkik
    Talafin
    Skeleton group 1
    Bruin
    Skeleton group 2
    Zombie group 2
    Zombie wolves
    Zombie group 3
    Zombie group 4

--
    The wall of gray and pale corpses shamble aimlessly again until the group steps into the firelight. Then the bodies focus their attention from getting into the tower and onto you.
    Most of them are humanoid zombies and skeleton, but nearer to the undead master are examples of undead mass and power, two massive zombie apes and a large minotaur skeleton. The undead master himself is imposing aswell...

On the back of a zombified horse sits a noble looking man of little physical strength but domineering stature. His skin seems decayed and tight on his skeletal frame and bits of his actual skeleton poke out from his rotting flesh. His eyes are pale and milky, but seem to see just fine. He is wearing the black, silver-lined robes of the Cernin guard as well as the dull silver badge of Cernin about his neck. In his belt is a large, black-leather book with iron bracing and in his hand is a long staff tipped with a ruby-eyed skull and made of blackwood.
    "...The wizard is second priority... Destroy them!" He points a bony hand at you all.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2007-11-08 at 08:56 PM.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

4. - Top - End - #124
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

Default Callais

The gestures Callais makes are sharp and concise, his voice clear as it annunciates arcane syllables. He holds his hand to the tower window and points to the man inside, directing his next rather smug words to him.

"May I implore you to concentrate your spellcasting on undead near the rather hulking white-robed fellow? I would imagine it would prove most helpful to all of us in the long run, given the plethora of undead and our intentions to vanquish them."

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Message

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

A moment later a whisper seems to grow audible to all the group. The sound of an old man issues forth from apparent nothingness and speaks; "Well, it is good such accomplished heroes had the spirit and tenacity to venture forth into my village and obliterate such a profane force... I shall aid your white-robed accomplice."

--

Zenra nods and looks towards the mounted undead leader. "...I can handle passing between the zombies... I thirst to cut the rotting flesh of the Cernin guard..."
    Zenra charges through the undead creatures, carefully avoiding any of the would-be blows of slow-moving zombies but not standing in the way of skeletal minions and brings himself but 5 feet from the mounted living corpse.
    "Die, lifeless abomination! Your reign is at an end, and I am the sword that will end it!" And he swings as hard as he can at the corpse.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack(-5 for power attack):(1d20+8)[12]
    Damage(+10 from power attack): (2d6+17)[26]
    Edit: Forgetting his +2 for charging, but still missing...

--

The mage looks angered and surprised by the sudden and powerful onslaught by the pale humanoid, but his face lowers with a gleeful grin full of yellow, rotten teeth as Zenra's sword reflects harmlessly off of invisible armor about his body.
    He mutters something to Zenra that only he can hear and as he rears his horse, he speaks loudly the words of a spell and moves his free hand in arcane gestures as well as taking a small iron rod from his belt pouch and pointing it toward Zenra... as the changeling freezes solid in place, gasping and widening his eyes.
    The mounted undead creature cackles in glee, which can be heard from across the town square. "Your end is nigh, fools!"

A large group of the undead hoard advances, a few in the front of the line reaching out and attempting to do away with the holy beacon before them. Several zombies swing their bodies at him in an attempt to do away with him.
    But as each one swings their arms or makeshift clubs at bruin, none of them seem to connect, reflected off his illusory-hidden armor.
    "Nuuaaaa!", the hoard moans.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your go, Grummy.
    Edit: Also, I'd like everyone capable of it to make a Knowledge (religion) check.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2007-11-12 at 08:44 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

Grumkik

looking at the horde, he quickly assess' the situation. Seeing the undead minitaur in the back by the undead magic user he smiles and says."Your dark magics will be your own undoing" Swiftly his hands trace arcane symols while he speaks in an indecyphorable tounge.
    Spoiler
    Show
    casting command undead on the Skeletol minitaur, no save. btw no ranks in knowledge religion

Now attack your former master
    Last edited by Green Leviathan; 2007-11-13 at 06:36 AM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Firbolg in the Playground

Talafin

With a sadistic glee on his face, the small gnome quickly finds a group of undead that no one is currently engaged with, reaches into his pouch and pulls out a small piece of phosphorus and begins moving his hand in a pattern while calling upon the element of fire. A wall of flame erupts in a 20 ft circle around the undead he has targeted.

Spoiler
    Show
    The inside of the wall sends heat waves toward the undead trapped inside. It deals the following damage.

damage - (2d4)[6] - to creatures within 10ft (which pretty much means all of the undead trapped in it since it's only a 20ft circle, being in the very middle would just put them 10ft from anywall).

damage - (2d6+8)[12] - to any creature trying to pass through the wall of fire. If the creature is undead, double this damage. (So basically x2 this damage).

Wall of Fire

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

The mass of zombies within the wall of fire all wail in the shadows of pain as their bodies are blackened and burnt, although not completely.

Then a group of quickly moving skeletons push their way through the slower moving zombies and begin to rush into the group. They appear to be mixed, skeletons that are dry, as if dug from the grave and others that appear bloody and covered in gore, as if freshly animated.
    Two of the skeletons rush toward Bruin and begin swinging their claws, two move more quickly and past Bruin toward the rest of the group. One swings a rusty scimitar at Talafin and the other swings it's claw at Callais.
    Both skeletons attacking Bruin swing and either hit not but his armor, or swing to hit nothing more than the air in front of them. Each skeleton attacking both Talafin and Callais respectively also both miss, hollow battle-cries issue from their empty bones.
    And only an instant later the horned skeleton of great size turns quickly on one of it's bony hooves and swings the large, tarnished greataxe it holds at it's former master.
    The undead master and his undead mount are both almost thrown off their balance and sent to the ground as he deflects the creature's blow with an invisible disk of force. Needless to say... the undead master does not look pleased.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2007-11-13 at 06:44 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruin blows by undead, not even noticing their puny blows as they bounced off his robes. He begins to chant a battle hymn as he storms into a sea of perverted death.
    When a man is born he takes one step down the path of purity!
    Raising his Reaper high, his eyes glow as pwer flows through him. He stands in the center of the largest knot of undead he can find, light manifesting around his mace, holy symbol, and burning through his eye sockets like golden flame.
    When a man dies, he takes the final step towards peace and rightiousness!
    Bruin stamps the handle of his mace to the ground, praying to his Father, as well as the spirits of all those who died good death and were taken to everlasting paradise.
    When a man takes that death from another man, he sets the entire universe askew!
    The mace was raised again, this time almost throbbing with golden energies.
    I am here to set everything right. Peace, my brothers.
    With that, he smashes the ground, a wave of pue energy raging from it like a tsunami. Undead flesh peels back and bones dissapear in this explosion of faith.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Destroy Undead- (8d6)[29] damage to all nonresistant dead within 30 ft. Other undead roll 1d4 per point of resistance.
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2007-11-14 at 12:09 AM.
    The Bear is Back.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Bruin, proving to be the beacon of holy power spreads the golden light from his body and his holy symbol. The zombies and skeletons clinging to his armor robes as if to tear him down are struck by it and burn as if caught in the blast of a fireball. Their bodies burn and char and fall back in silence. In the wake of it the only beings that still stand are two massive ape zombies and the minotaur skeleton, as well as the very irritated undead master standing atop his slain horse.

And then suddenly, the two burnt zombie apes bare their yellow fangs and lumber toward Bruin, a look in their dead eyes with slightly more blood lust than one without a mind should...
    "URAAGH!!"
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2007-11-14 at 03:17 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

Default Callais

Callais raises an eyebrow while watching Bruin from the corner of his eye, somewhat surprised by the wanton destruction wrecked by the half-orc. He sees the undead approaching Aeomon's disciple and it only takes a fraction of a moment for a plan to formulate in his mind.

"What lovely dance partners you have there, Bruin. Mind if I cut in?" he calls, turning is attention the undead dire ape furthest from the Cleric. He focuses on a single point at the feet of the abomination, and stretches that point in his minds eye to a wide circle around the beast, preparing the space to receive his will with magically-infused words and swift gestures. In a stroke of twisted humor, Callais' endows the cluster of twelve ghostly figures that appear, surrounding the dire apes, with the likeness of Bruin. As one, they bring down their maces on the pair of undead.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Legion of Sentinels
    Attack (in groups of 3): (1d20+8)[21] (1d20+8)[18] (1d20+8)[21] (1d20+8)[19]
    [b]Damage (""): (1d8+2)[9] (1d8+2)[3] (1d8+2)[4] (1d8+2)[6]

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

As Callais creates the shadowy clones of Bruin and they swing their false maces into the rotting flesh of the dire ape zombie, it churns forth utter destruction. The maces slide across the hairy, grey flesh leaving gashes as through they were swords, each warrior hitting with full force to the underside of the beast.
    It grunts loudly and uncaringly as it's shredded limb from limb, rotten blood and gore falls out of it as though from a popped balloon and soaks the ground in a 20 foot radius. The slaughtered mass then falls to the ground with a satisfying, wet thump.

--

The wizards magical whisper that still permeates the area in which the group stands sounds, "Well... you and the half orc are surely impressive combatants..." Then from the tower burning rays shoots down at the other zombified dire ape. It collides with the body of it, burning its flesh further but it still stands.

--

Zenra, despite his greater force of will, remains frozen in place.

--

The undead lord concentrates as he moves his free hand and speaks the words of a spell, but disallows the skeletal minotaur formerly under his control to strike at him.
    When he completes it an onrush of grey mist spreads from him, concealing himself, the minotaur and the roads to the north and the west. Then, the sounds of footsteps can be heard running.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Need those listen checks to determine in which direction he ran.
    Edit: Also, all the zombies that go between now and Bruin's turn are dead, so players go in their turn and then it's big monkey's turn.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2007-11-16 at 03:54 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[8] Listen Check.

I'll handle the ape! You stop the necromancer! Kill the mount!
    Bruin turns to the ape, whose flesh still burns with arcane fire. He silently swings his reaper, his soul crying out for this beast reduced to a slave.
    Be free, noble animal. Rest on the other side.
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2007-11-16 at 07:47 AM.
    The Bear is Back.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

Default Callais

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen check: (1d20+7)[22]

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

When Bruin's reaper strikes the great ape both times the divine energy that suffuses it sparks white with the utter power the mace holds against such a foe. It rips apart as the rotting blood flows out, but white smoke rises from the dark red goo that congeals on the ground and the ape falls flat with another satisfying thud.
    Callais can focus on the distinct location of the footsteps of the necromancer, the sound going west.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen Check (1d20)[6](6)

Seeing the cloud billow forth, Grumkik curses under his breath at its cowardise. Closing his eyes for a quick moment he trys to determine a likely area where the undead is. Opening his eyes, Grumkik frownes and once again depends on his magic to be an extention of his will.

Spoiler
    Show
    if listen check suceeds i cast fireball (DC19)if i can safley assume no one else will be caught in the blast, elsewise i will dispel (1d20+8)[14](22)the fog.
    Last edited by Green Leviathan; 2007-11-17 at 07:11 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Very failed listen check.

You undo the effects of the arcane fog, leaving the air clear again and you see the withered mage heading west, determination rather than fear is imprinted on his face.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138

Talafin

Cursing at the bad luck that the necromancer got a head start. Talafin runs after him as fast as his short legs will carry him.

If he can get within fireball range of him. He'll try to blow him apart. Otherwise he continues on foot after the Necromancer.

The only good undead is a dead one...

There will be no mercy for YOU!

Spoiler
    Show
    If in fireball range.
    Fireball - (8d6)[34] DC 17 Reflex halves

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

The undead creature takes the full force of the burning blast of fire but continues running, his robes and flesh singed. The surrounding buildings also catch fire and part of them collapse, the sounds of screams are heard within and the mage calls out. "Shenta! I require assistance!!"
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2007-11-22 at 03:36 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruin turns to the now revealed undead. Pointing his Reaper at him, he began chanting a curse of Aeomon.
    Before the tides of time wash me away, I will send you to the end that you try to stave off!
    With that, a burst of light flies, exploding into brilliant colors when it reaches the mage.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting holy smite. (4d8)[10] damage and blinded, unless it makes a DC 17 will save for half daage and no blindness
    The Bear is Back.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

The undead lord seems to struggle against the effects of such a force of good but through a greater force of will shrugs off most of it and his pale eyes seem still focused on the path before him. The effects of the spell still however seem to make his skin smoke a bit, the same white smoke from the dire ape's rotting blood.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

Default Callais

Callais sighs in exasperation when he hears screams come forth from the burning buildings. "I thought it was our intention to defend the village, not to incinerate it," he mutters before dismounting from his steed. Around him, the world seems to slow down as he follows the cries into the ruined structure.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

The soft, magical whisper of a voice from the old man in the tower speaks again. "You mustn't let the people of my town die! I see survivors in the building the small one just incinerated!"
    He says these words and then several bright blue missiles of magical force fire from the tower and collide with the undead lord.

--

Zenra continues locked in place, the effects of the spell still holding him.

--

The undead lord continues to run, cold determination on his face. Another voice, a deep one shouts back from the western side of town.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone make Listen checks to make it out.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2007-11-28 at 06:36 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

Grumkik

Ignoring the crys from the buildings and focusing his intent on the the fleeing undead once again he raises his hands and points at the runing figure, this time though he will slow him down by aiming at his horse. Scorching Ray
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ranged Touch attack
    (1d20+2)[16](18)
    (1d20+2)[9](11)
    dmg
    (4d6)[2][1][5][4](12)
    (4d6)[5][2][4][3](14)
    sorry for the time between posts, i thought it was someone elses turn.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    His horse was killed long ago, he's on foot. I'll just assume you're shooting at him then.
    Also, I still need everyone to make Listen checks.

One of the burning jets of fire flies through the air and collides with the fleeing corpse, the other missing him by mere inches. The ray that did hit seem to burn him even deeper and he cringes as the dull pain courses through him, but to your dismay he continues running.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your turn Talafin.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2007-12-01 at 08:14 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

As the power of his god flows out of Bruin's eyes, a scream pierces his concentration. He turns to the burning building, and his hear wrenches as he realizes he ignored the innocent in favor of attacking the undead mastermind.
    Father, what have I done?
    These words weakly escape his lips, the wind knocked out of him by the pain and danger he allowed those people to be in.
    Please, Lord, though I have strayed, let it not be too late for those inside.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen (1d20+3)[23] just thouhgt i'd post wile I had some time.
    The Bear is Back.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen check: (1d20+0)[17](17)

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming those who hear it will repeat it to the group...

The deep, harsh voice with a thick Shelloen accent calls back responding to the undead mage.
    "Return here quickly, Sespos! The ritual must be complete!"

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149

Talafin

Irritated that the blast from his fireball didn't finish off the undead mage, Talafin ignores the cries of those trapped inside the burning buildings, keeping his focus on destroying the undead.

As fast as his small legs can carry him, Talafin chases after the mage.

Surveying the area around the undead mage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot - (1d20+1)[10]

If there appears to not be anyone withing twenty feet of the mage, Talafin casts a spell that causes black, rubbery looking tentacles to spring forth from the ground around the mage that try to grab him and hold him tight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by theterran; 2007-12-03 at 08:08 AM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Have the tentacles make a grapple check. It's 8+your caster level, so +16.

Spoiler
    Show