New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Girl Genius XXIV: Ask Vit a Bit More Terror

New comic.

Setting up for the inevitable showdown. I do wonder how Klaus would have dealt with this if he had learned of this before everything went to hell.

2. - Top - End - #362

DwarfClericGuy

Klaus? Keep the two parties as far as possible for as long as possible hoping they never meet. If/when that fails be ready to incapacitate or kill one side as soon as possible.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Hmm, drinks server in the last panel looks like this guy, I think. So Bang is indeed about to hear Zeetha killed her fleet, and that's how he found out.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

4. - Top - End - #364

BlueWizardGirl

First, good on Bang for taking the purely sensible step of offering a reward for the info (suddenly imagining a Star Wars AU where milk cartons throughout the galaxy have pictures of baby Luke with a "Have You Seen Me?" caption [yes, I know. Vader didn't know he had a son and all that. Don't bother me with details]).

Second, I was surprised no one stabbed anyone in the back but I suppose that's because, ruthless villains or not, they're British and civilized.

Third, I knew there was something ironic coming when Zeetha said those guys were morons. I just didn't realize it was that everything she said was going to get back to Bang*. That's much worse than expected.

*Am I the only wanting a time-window-Back-to-the-Future joke using the phrase "Back to Bang"? Yes? Thought so**.

**But, when the Foglios did it (unlike when I did it), it would be funny. Still no takers? Fine. Ignore these footnotes. Let's get back to Bang.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Suppose it was inevitable that the sub they used to escape would be the Yellow Submarine from the Beatles movie! And yes, seems likely this is the news that Zeetha was responsible for the destruction of her fleet and fortress which is about to get back to Bang, which isn't likely to work out well for anyone concerned.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Suppose it was inevitable that the sub they used to escape would be the Yellow Submarine from the Beatles movie! And yes, seems likely this is the news that Zeetha was responsible for the destruction of her fleet and fortress which is about to get back to Bang, which isn't likely to work out well for anyone concerned.
    All of the British submarines we've seen have been based on YS. Agatha rode in a similar one going to the Society dome.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Strangely enough I think something is going to happen so that Bang and Zeetha end up not killing each other. Well, not so strange. We saw in one of the windows Gil and Agatha and Agatha spoke as is she knew Bang fairly well. Right now that hasn't happened.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

8. - Top - End - #368
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

So Bang has a pirate queen set-up in Britain. Does Gil know that his right-hand woman evidently still moonlights?

Neither Bang nor Zeetha is going to be leaving the strip IMNHO. Therefore, they are going to work it out.

EDIT:

Zeeta versus Bang one on one is an interesting fight - two dual-weapon experts dueling. But I don't think Bang is interested in a fair fight; she's interested in vengeance. The problem for her is that Zeetha is part of Agatha's entourage and assassinating her is likely to be difficult. And ... Higgs. Higgs just might care who killed Zeetha. And he just might be able to figure it out.

I don't know if Bang knows what an angry Higgs can do. If she does, she will move very cautiously. If not - well, we might lose both Zeetha and Bang in quick succession.

And I think Bang likes Zeetha. Will she forgive, because after all, it's what she would have done in her place?
    Last edited by Shining Wrath; 2018-10-01 at 08:49 AM.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

9. - Top - End - #369

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    So Bang has a pirate queen set-up in Britain. Does Gil know that his right-hand woman evidently still moonlights?

Neither Bang nor Zeetha is going to be leaving the strip IMNHO. Therefore, they are going to work it out.

EDIT:

Zeeta versus Bang one on one is an interesting fight - two dual-weapon experts dueling. But I don't think Bang is interested in a fair fight; she's interested in vengeance. The problem for her is that Zeetha is part of Agatha's entourage and assassinating her is likely to be difficult. And ... Higgs. Higgs just might care who killed Zeetha. And he just might be able to figure it out.

I don't know if Bang knows what an angry Higgs can do. If she does, she will move very cautiously. If not - well, we might lose both Zeetha and Bang in quick succession.

And I think Bang likes Zeetha. Will she forgive, because after all, it's what she would have done in her place?
    I don't think Zeetha would have any intentions of fighting fair either. The biggest problem is that Bang is probably going to try and ambush her and take her by surprise.

Higgs is a formidable fighter, but it wouldn't be a one sided fight by any means. Zola has managed to take him and Violetta on at the same time (albiet, she was fueled by hate & lovely, lovely drugs). While Bang has casually toyed with a Nightmaster. So Higgs would certainly have his hands full if he hunted Bang.

10. - Top - End - #370

Probably not. But, given how Bang went to pieces when she thought Klaus was killed (and how she repeatedly tried to kill the guy performing first aid on Klaus after the chicken house thing), I suspect she has some pretty big hang ups where he's concerned. She probably loves him. Not romantically, but as a mix of hero worship and being the closest thing she has to a father. So when it comes out that Zeetha is Klaus' daughter, well, this strip will get very weird for a bit, even by Girl Genius standards.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I figure Bang and Zeetha will cross blades, but the full story will ultimately out itself. I don't think Bang believes it was a prisoner breaking free that destroyed her base. She thinks it was a rival hit. When she learns that it's a prisoner breaking free that did it, I predict her reaction will something like "Oh. Well. Them's the breaks, then." A prisoner breaking free and wreaking havoc is an occupational risk that a professional just has to accept, while a blitz from a rival gang is an attack that must be responded to with all available force.

Zeetha, on the other hand would still be angry with Bang for leading the pirates that destroyed her life, but the ones that were actually responsible for it were already dealt with. With extreme prejudice.

The end result would be that both of them would very much not like each other, but their loyalty to allied factions and mutual love for a good fight could keep them on less-than-murderous terms.

On the other hand, the destroyer of her base was one of the few trump cards the Wulfenbachs have for keeping Bang in check, as she worked for them so that they could uncover her attacker's identity. When the beans spill, she could easily go rogue, owing nothing more to the Empire than an upraised digit and a exposed tongue.

I'm curious to see which angle it turns out to be. Bang's loyalty and affection for the Wulfenbachs has been demonstrated almost as much as her psychopathic tendencies. Which will win when the truth comes out? Would Bang even care if Zeetha is outed as Gil's sister?
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2018-10-01 at 11:11 AM.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

LADIES, GENTLEMEN AND SCOUNDRELS!
    FOR YEARS YOU WAITED, AND NOW, IT IS FINALLY HAPPENING!

On my right, she's mean, she's green, she's been trained since childhood: Zeetha, Daughter of Chump, and Lost Princess of the Lost Queendom of Skiffander!

On my left, she's a natural born killer and revels in suffering: Bangladesh Dupree, the pirate Queen!

Which of these wonderful warrior women will walk away from this widely expected clash of weapons?*
    Will Gilgamesh Wulfenbach have to choose between his biological sister and the woman he regards as such?
    Will The Lady Heterodyne have to choose between her best friend and ... almost a complete stranger?
    Will Tarvek Sturmvoraus give a damn?

Should she win, will Zeetha have to chose between her student and best lead toward her homeland?
    Should she win, can Bang escape the wrath of The Unstoppable Airman Higgs?**

Will England be able to withstand such a tremendous battle?***

Find out in the next installments of Othar Tryggvassen, Gentleman Adventurer Agatha Heterodyne, Girl Genius!

Also, "Back to Bang" sounds like some of the Foglio's earlier works.

*Alliterations are hard!
    **No.
    ***Probably.
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2018-10-01 at 01:24 PM.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

13. - Top - End - #373

BlackDragon

What makes you guys think they have not already figured it out?

Wasn't there a scene where they were eating cake together and commenting on the day that they'd have to take each other out?

Also, I have been looking back through this book. Where did we first meet this pirate running off to tattle to Bang?
    Not "fire at". I never used the word "at"
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by keybounce View Post

Wasn't there a scene where they were eating cake together and commenting on the day that they'd have to take each other out?

Also, I have been looking back through this book. Where did we first meet this pirate running off to tattle to Bang?
    They were really relaxed about it, treating it as a "on the job" kind of thing rather than personal, after all they are on nominally opposite sides (or were at the time) what with Gil trying to capture Agatha and all.
    And given Zeetha track record of reacting to knews of Skifander, her learning that the leader of the people who attacked her expedition is alive and so could give her information would have been visible.

Here is when we meet him.
    Forum Wisdom

15. - Top - End - #375

PirateCaptain

You mean this one? I assumed that that was just becasue Gil was at the depot planning to drag Agatha back in chains. If Bang knew about Zeetha wiping out her fortress, I'm sure she would have brought it up during the mutual compliments phase of the conversation.

Here

16. - Top - End - #376

Zeetha might have figured it out, depending on how much Higgs or someone has told her about Bang's background and how she came to be working for Klaus, but I really don't think Bang knows.

You can read up on the pirate on the GG Wiki. (Disclaimer: I'm the one who wrote up the article.)

17. - Top - End - #377

SamuraiGuy

It may play out like this:
    1. Bang "kills* Zeetha, but Zeetha doesn't die because Bang gets interrupted before she can deliver the finishing blow. Zeetha seems to lose all her big fights, after all.
    2. Higgs can't kill Bang without revealing he's the Hidden General, so bides his time.
    3. Tension is created between Gil and Agatha due to their minions wanting to kill each other.
    4. Albia, through Trelawny and Rakethorn, attempts to exploit the division.
    5. Tarvek figures all of this out 3 steps ahead of everyone else and has to choose between his desire to wed Agatha, and his friendship with Gil.

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.

18. - Top - End - #378

Higgs can kill Bang with a rifle shot in the back. He might prefer to do it personally, but business before pleasure.

Also, if Violetta's alive, she might take a hand in the game as well. Zeetha's pretty much her bestie.

19. - Top - End - #379

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Higgs can kill Bang with a rifle shot in the back. He might prefer to do it personally, but business before pleasure.

Also, if Violetta's alive, she might take a hand in the game as well. Zeetha's pretty much her bestie.
    Actually, the scariest person involved might not be Zeetha, Bang, Violetta, or even Higgs. It has been a while since we saw Agatha angry enough to kill people - really, Sturmhalten was the only place she really lost it. Even in the battle for Mechanicsburg she didn't so much kill people herself as unleash the Castle knowing what was going to happen, and that was war.

But if Bang killed Zeetha I think Agatha would END her, and might knock Gil unconscious to do it. Not with swordplay - it'd be more 10,000 mini Clanks creeping into her room at night and subjecting Bang to the death of 10,000 cuts. It'd be like trying to fight a swarm of wasps.

20. - Top - End - #380

PirateCaptain

Higgs can't kill Bang without revealing he's the Hidden General, so bides his time.
    This is the only part of your theory I disagree with. Higgs has already shown his strength and toughness, the only part he's keeping secret is exactly what he is. Presumably everybody else assumes he's just a regular super-strong construct.

21. - Top - End - #381

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    This is the only part of your theory I disagree with. Higgs has already shown his strength and toughness, the only part he's keeping secret is exactly what he is. Presumably everybody else assumes he's just a regular super-strong construct.
    The guy with a scarf wrapped around his face and a hat? I doubt Tweedle could pick Higgs out of a lineup. Bang may have been too busy with Martellus to notice that Higgs evident killed a few dozen of the Hounds in a matter of moments.

22. - Top - End - #382

Well, she also likely knows he cleaned her clock repeatedly on the trip from Sturmhalten to Mechanicsburg---I can't see Gil letting the opportunity to twit her about that go by.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

She's staying in a hotel. And has a reputation amongst English pirates.
    And I suspect all the pirates around Europa.
    Forum Wisdom

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

But if Bang killed Zeetha I think Agatha would END her, and might knock Gil unconscious to do it. Not with swordplay - it'd be more 10,000 mini Clanks creeping into her room at night and subjecting Bang to the death of 10,000 cuts. It'd be like trying to fight a swarm of wasps.
    Or a handgun that makes the BFG-9000 look both over-sized and impotent.

25. - Top - End - #385

PirateCaptain

The guy with a scarf wrapped around his face and a hat? I doubt Tweedle could pick Higgs out of a lineup. Bang may have been too busy with Martellus to notice that Higgs evident killed a few dozen of the Hounds in a matter of moments.
    Perhaps, but she definitely knows he's more than Gil's valet and he's fought in front of witnesses on other occasions. Including this time Band watched him fight Vole (also seen here, with at least two unnamed minions present).

On a completely unrelated note, I found this conversation between Higgs and Oggie a little strange. Does Oggie not know Higgs is the general, or is Higgs a general by dint of something other than age?

26. - Top - End - #386

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Or a handgun that makes the BFG-9000 look both over-sized and impotent.
    Disintegration would be quick and painless. Someone who kills Zeetha, if Agatha gets a chance to think about it, is going to die very badly.

Sort of like the many deaths of Beausoliel, but all happening to one body.

27. - Top - End - #387

On a completely unrelated note, I found this conversation between Higgs and Oggie a little strange. Does Oggie not know Higgs is the general, or is Higgs a general by dint of something other than age?
    If you had been out of the love game for a couple centuries, I expect you would get flustered when people started ribbing you about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Troll in the Playground

Disintegration would be quick and painless. Someone who kills Zeetha, if Agatha gets a chance to think about it, is going to die very badly.

Sort of like the many deaths of Beausoliel, but all happening to one body.
    I'm not sure about that. Agatha had a massive hate towards von Pinn for killing Punch and Judy / Adam and Lillith, right in front of her, too. But had Agatha gotten the drop on v.P. in the Castle, instead of the other way around, I think she would have just disintegrated her and called it good.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

Does Oggie not know Higgs is the general
    My bet is no, Oggie does not know. Higgs is the secret general, the fewer who know who that really is the better. Especially Jäger.
    Forum Wisdom

30. - Top - End - #390

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    My bet is no, Oggie does not know. Higgs is the secret general, the fewer who know who that really is the better. Especially Jäger.
    Also, some people get flustered when talking about dating even if they've been doing it recently.