New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Silly Plots 3: With government backing we can make it very silly

[Mindscapes]

Oops.
    I mis-typed. Meant to type "Rachel" instead of "Makuro". Makuro still looks out-of-place.

Anyway.
    The purple-haired catgirl picks up something for a robe-wearing soldier.

After helping him, she turns towards the out-of-place Makuro and the Rachel. "Hi, sorry, do you need something?" she asks.

Someone else shouts. That catgirl looks over at the person shouting with a pained look on her face, but stays by these two. "Just ask, and I'll get it for you."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Sky High

Cessie returns the nod. "Thank you for the honest words. I trust that your reporting of VIGIL will follow the same standard, and if that's your intention you are welcome to swing by at any time. We are protecting Skyside too after all and could use all the support we can get." She nods again. "Farewell."

Then her attention turns back to Jezebel and she can't help but to smile even if she didn't quite get what was so amusing. "I don't see what's so funny. That all went well, didn't it? I could see a million ways that would have turned out far worse so we should consider ourselves fortunate. I mean, when it comes to being questioned about our past we've both made questionable choices, haven't we?" She reaches out to touch Jezebel's hand.
    Sky High

Jezebel turns her hand over, accepting Cessie's hand to give it a squeeze. "Perhaps it did go well, but I suspect we'll have to see what salacious headlines come out in the morning before we can be certain. Who knows? Maybe they'll announce us before we get the chance to." She points out. Despite the seriousness of the situation, she can't help but continue being amused by it all. After a moment she'll withdraw her hand from Cessie's and set up her place at the table a little more to her personal preferences. "Mostly, I find it refreshing in a way. I've been in the public eye for so long that a break has been welcome, but it will be nice to have a reason to show the Gardens to someone new to them. It would also cheer up most of the residents as well I imagine." She reasons before smiling right up at Cessie again.

"And yes, we've both made questionable choices in our past and will likely make more in the future, but for now? Well, for now I would say I am quite confident in certain choices I've made recently. Particularly about who I'm spending my time with."

3. - Top - End - #423

[Thariza's Journey]

"ONE HOUR! BURN OR KNEEL!" Is the response. Apparently they don't feel like clarifying their demands.
    The others are all looking at one another. No one is saying anything but Thariza might get the feeling that some of the things these people are keeping within the tower are of great interest to the raiders.
    "Can... can you fight them off?" A nearby human warped in fine cloth inquires. Perhaps overestimating Thariza's fighting ability a wee bit. "They've never seen one like you before. Maybe they'll get scared."

Sky High

Cessie shrugs helplessly. "I wouldn't be able to deny them. I'm far too deep in to go back on the things I've said and done now. Still, let's not discuss the past as I'm far more interested in the future. Like how we're going to discuss this with the children. I mean... we're going to be close so they will be close as well. That also means they're going to be with the Frescots a lot. I hope they're okay with seeing so many new faces in such a short time." She smiles feebly as if feeling empathy for those having a difficult time with just that. "I know that I'm not the best with large groups of people."

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mindscapes]

"Yeah, you can give something to me," Rachel says with a deep frown as she points at the purple-haired catgirl's neck. "Take off that collar and give it to me."

Rachel's hand unfolds and remains outstretched as if expecting to receive what she asked for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

An Epic Quest

Willa nods and stands up.
    ”Then you can save that drink for when we get back. Thanks.” she says and trots off to the door and the inhuman person.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

Sky High

Jezebel can't help but give a little chuckle when it's mentioned her children would need to get used to the Frescot Horde.. "Ariel's going to enjoy all the company, it is true, but I fear for Sergei." She admits, sounding slightly sorrowful over that thought despite her smile. "He's a bit harder to read. I don't think he'll shut himself in or be easily overwhelmed, but so many children will definitely be new and possibly be a bit too much. There'll have to be something he can keep himself busy with or a place he can escape to for a while." She's about to go on more but has to pause when the waiter arrives with glasses of water for the both of them and asks if there was something else they would like to drink. For once, Jezebel shakes her head, seemingly okay with just water for the evening.

The waiter will leave after taking Cessie's drink order(if she has one), with the promise of returning in a few minutes with their food. It seems that the place doesn't use menus and has a set array of food for the night.

"As for how to tell the children or get them used to sticking around each other longer...the latter is easy. We just spend more time with one another and bring the children to each other's places until we figure out how to merge our estates in a semi permanent manner." She reaches up, brushing a few stray hairs back behind her ears as she thinks. "Portals? I don't know. It's something we'll need to research and set up. But for the former...I don't even know if they're old enough to understand a longer explanation other than "We're together". When they're older, certainly, but now...I don't know how I would tell Ariel in a way she'd understand for example."

7. - Top - End - #427
    Orc in the Playground

Mindscapes

Makuro looks the catgirl- apparently a slave? She thought that was illegal everywhere- but shakes her head. There's nothing in particular she wants... Until a thought occurs. "You could give me the information of where we are. I fear we are lost." She's a bit surprised nobody's reacting to her; this looks far more homogenous than Vigil, yet she's not attracting any unusual looks. In fact, only the catgirl before her appears to have noticed her. Well, and Rachel, but that probably doesn't care.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #428

[Mindscapes]

"I-I'm sorry, I can't give it to you," she says, looking around from side to side. "See, it's attached to my spine...wait, no I think magic's involved? Maybe?" The purple catgirl looks apologetic, as she's unable to give it. "If you give me a scarf...well, maybe after sunset we can discuss it more? Behind the potions room."

Then, turning to Makuro, "We're in Japan? I think? No, wait, I think we're in Riverside." Then, she looks around at the tents. "No, no, we're in Japan, just outside Tokyo: I remember these tents. Tokyo should be twenty minutes that way." She points in a direction.

Since someone else is calling for her, she runs off, waving back. "I'll see you at night?"

And, then, as soon as she says 'night', suddenly it's night-time.
    It's dark, the sun is set, and all the soldiers are gone. And, if you look, the place looks more like a wizard's tower-with-military-equipment than a military camp-with-the-occasional-magic. It looks like the same place - the same layout, etc, but instead of gun racks with the occasional magic wand, there's bookshelves with the occasional pistol or grenade between books, etc. The tents have stone archways instead of flaps, and so on.

There's also a tent filled with potions, if they want to go there, and if they choose to go there (rather than retreat to the white space), they'll see the same catgirl. She'll again have the collar-with-a-bell, but the leash is missing and instead of military fatigues, she's wearing a maid outfit. And she's dusting the walls of the potion-tent.

This place is still weird.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2019-08-19 at 03:36 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

[Thariza's Journey]

An hour. Okay. That is some time to work with. Maybe make a plan or at least learn more.

"I can't fight them all off, but... maybe we can try to keep them from setting fire under the tower, at least. But I need information. Do you know why they're after you so badly? Also, Ambrosia mentioned one of you being a spell-caster. Do we have any magic that can help?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mindscapes]

Rachel claps her hands together as she looks at Makuro, almost excited. "Tokyo! I know Tokyo." The excitement fades when the scene changes. "I'm... Not so sure we're actually near Tokyo though." It wouldn't explain anything at all.

Might as well go into the potion tent. Did Rachel drink a bad potion? What was in that novelty energy drink she bought anyways? Just in case, Rachel decides to try something. The catgirl holds her hand out and says aloud, "I have a scarf." She watches her own hand, largely expecting nothing to happen. But based on how night came about, maybe a scarf will show up out of nowhere.

Either way, it would probably catch the maid catgirl's attention.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Orc in the Playground

Mindscapes

"I have heard of Riverside. I have never been there, however." But if there's a Tokyo on her homeworld, she can't remember it. She can't remember a lot.

When the scene changes, she looks around with a frown. "It was not this close to night before, was it?" She's got an improvement to her eyes so she can see in the dark better, but it means she has trouble actually telling when it is dark.

12. - Top - End - #432

NinjaGuy

An Epic Quest

Corvus simply nods and moves by Willa's side as they approach the man at the door, content to let her do the talking should they need to explain anything to the lizard man.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

13. - Top - End - #433

[Mindscapes]

There's no scarf in Rachel's hand. Her hand remains empty.

There's no scarf in Makuro's hands, either.

However, there is a scarf on the floor, between the two of them. It's an orange scarf.

The catgirl maid does, in fact, hear both of them. They're inside the tent. She comes by and looks at them both, and the bell jingles as she walks towards them. "Hey," she whispers at them. "I said behind the room." She gestures out of the tent.

...then, almost as an afterthought, she adds: "While you're in there, grab the purple potion. With stars on the label." There is indeed a potion that fits that description.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

14. - Top - End - #434

An Epic Quest

Without commenting the hooded person gestures for them to follow them through the door. Though once they're outside the inn they gesture for them to take the lead. "I'll tell you which direction to go."

If they agree on these terms, they will eventually come to what appears to be a stable near the edge of the city. "Step inside." Their guide remarks. To be fair, the stable does seem to be well-cleaned. Though what Will might think of human stables for horses is another thing entirely.

Inside, they can find three equines. Two donkeys and one horse are occupying the stable, though snores suggests they're not the only ones in here.
    "Where are you from?" Their guide suddenly asks. "Ss...important. You don't look like you've been through many dessserts before."

[Thariza's Journey]

"If Ikharos could get his thumbs out of his ass, yeah." The human replies. "He's the goat man you spoke to earlier. H's the boss. Been preoccupied with a ritual though, can't even defend us apparently." He looks up the staircase where Ambrosia and Ikharos went up. "He and she are way deep in... well, doesn't matter. The point is that we probably need the magic more than ever but the geniuses are stuck discussing with one another."

Sky High

Just anything that isn't alcohol for Cessie.

"We might be able to ask Sakura about portals actually. Or perhaps Ambrosia. Sakura once created a portal between the keep and her home while she was under the influence of aether. I'm not going to repeat that fiasco again but I know for a fact that Ambrosia know a thing or two about portals." Cessie pauses. "What is your honest opinion about her anyway? She seemed quite taken with you while you were under the influence of aether. All the suggestions she had for you. It was quite... peculiar."

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

Sky High

Jezebel leans forward at the question, steeples her fingers, and thinks heavily for a few moments over the question. "She had a grasp on the theory of the Immaterium far quicker than I would have expected of someone with no contact with my world before. She also has this barely veiled thirst for knowledge and experimentation. Very loosely controlled. I do not think it would take much for her to lose herself in research more than you or I or any number of those we know of would be capable of. In a way, it reminds me of those like my sister who are part of the Cult of The Changer of Ways. A search for pure unadulterated knowledge. She's friendly enough though. I don't know what secrets she might harbor however."

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

[Thariza's Journey]

Thariza snorts.

"I'll to talk to them, then. See what this ritual is about. And ask why those horse-riders want you all gone in the first place."

With that, she heads upstairs.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mindscapes]

"It was not," Rachel assures Makuro. But it's night now. Rachel will need to re-evaluate if she's time skipping or not. No, can't be. Time skips are never so precise.

Rachel looks around disappointed for a moment before spotting a scarf on the floor and picking it up. Wait, was that a success or not? The catgirl is really not sure. "But- gah, alright. Purple potion." Rachel says with the tone of someone who gives in to things too easily. She hands the scarf to Makuro to hold onto before going to get the purple potion with stars on the label.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #438

Sky High

Jezebel's assessment seem to surprise Cessie. "You think she might be dangerous? She always seemed very collected to me. She's full of ideas of course but what scholar wouldn't be? It's a part of their job descriptions after all." She argues. "You're right in that she's mysterious however. She seems to be able to manipulate spirits and she's certainly no mage. In fact, Wenomir told me that she's quite the duelist even if she has never displayed it to me even once or to be even carrying a sword." A thought seem to occur to her.
    "You know, putting it that way she reminds me a bit of you. You're certainly a quite mysterious character with strange spiritual abilities and a formidable fighter to boot." Cessie smiles. "Wouldn't you agree with that description?"

[Thariza's Journey]

"To kill and loot, why else? They attack pretty much everyone." The human claims before she heads up the stairs.
    Along the staircase are smaller arrowslits that an archer could make use of. Too bad they don't have any of those.

There does seem to be a second floor as she can see a door but it might dawn to her that they never actually specified which room that Ikharos, and by extension Ambrosia, was located in. He might be in here, or he might be on one of the floors above. But the tower isn't that tall so she probably don't have that many doors to choose between and if she listens closely she can hear voices on the other side.

However, trying to open the door will only reveal it to be locked. There is a pause as the voices on the other side fall silent.

"Yes?" She can finally hear Ambrosia's voice on the other side.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

[An Epic Quest]

Willa has to dodge the question again. She senses that this is going to be a trend on this trip.
    ”I’m from out in the farmlands. So no, I don’t have much experience with deserts.” And if they’re going to cross one she has every intention of summoning a spirit to help keep her from dying of heatstroke.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

[Thariza's Journey]

This location would be decently defensible with an actual force inside it, Thariza thinks. Or just a handful of people with bows or guns. She has her bow and one of them did mention crossbows, but is it enough? Particularly given they're not likely to know how to use them very well.

"I need to ask some questions," she says when she's at the door. "About what we have at our disposal for defence and why those maniacs on horses are after us."

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

Sky High

"In general, yes, I would agree with it, but I should clarify that I didn't mean it in a poor way. To be honest, it's good for us and those we know to be dangerous in their own way.
    " She clarifies with a smile. "And we all have our secrets, so I wouldn't even dream of holding such against her either. After all, she did provide a great deal of help and sometime I feel like I should repay the favor."

She leans back, taking a sip of her water before setting the glass back down. "Though having decided against the more permanent Aether treatment, I should point out that I am lacking in the strange spiritual powers department."

22. - Top - End - #442
    Orc in the Playground

Mindscapes

Makuro has a scarf! She's going to put it on. She doesn't trust this place, because she's not fully aware of what's going on, and wants her hands free if possible.

She'll look for the potion bottle, primarily searching the uppermost shelves for the bottle. Rachel can search the lower ones; she's shorter.

23. - Top - End - #443

[Mindscapes]

As Makuro puts on the scarf, she'll notice that it's warm and fluffy.
    It is rather confusing, though...was the scarf always on the floor?

The catmaid waits outside the tent as they look, still dusting. The bell continues to jingle as she dusts back and forth.

There's actually a lot of purple potions, of all sorts of shades of purple. Some, amethyst; some a more royal purple; some, bright purple and so on. Only a few potions overall have stars, but one really high is amethyst-colored with a few stars and labeled 'Sweet Night', and one really low is lilac-colored with many stars, labeled 'Death's Kiss'.

Anyway.

I guess either of them would work?

It doesn't seem either of them would help them with figuring out where they are and why.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #444

[Thariza's Journey]

There is a click and the door swings open. On the other side she can see Ambrosia and Ikharos, face still covered by the visor, standing in what appears to be room that just seem large enough to have contained multiple beds. She can tell since the wooden floor still have markings of their legs despite the fact only one of the beds remain. Now the room is instead filled with wooden cabinets and in particular a large white circle in the middle of the room which has been drawn with some kind of white powder.

"I thought we already discussed this." The hooved man remarks. "I told you everything I know about the defenses. You should speak to Eos instead, she's our fight specialist." He shakes his head. "And it should be pretty obvious why they're attacking. The alvar consider everyone but themselves as invaders here. They attack anyone they come across without provocation."

Sky High

"Are you though? Everything about you suggests that you've been heavily touched by some kind of influence at least. I mean, I can't recall those horns or the tail the first time we meet." She tilts her head as she seem to be inspecting Jezebel thoughtfully. "In fact, you remind me of a people I've only read about from my world. Fiendfolk was the name used and they had peculiar skin, tails and horns just like you do. Supposedly they were humans that were somehow related to the fey and such influence carry over to more than just physical traits. Ambrosia did say that your mind was somehow more 'open', I think she called it? That you had a easier time influencing and getting influenced by spirits. Was that was she said? I should have written it down."

[An Epic Quest]

Their guides reptilian eyes narrows. "Farmlands? What farmlands?" They looks to Corvus. "Do you know how to ride a horse?" Well, he certainly knows how to ride half a horse. "The land is dry, not like farms. We must travel fast or we consume too much water and we can only bring so much." Their gaze turns to Willa. "Can you run like a horsse? How much water do you need? Need to know everything or we won't travel. Obviouss quesstions that should already have been asked." They might get the feeling that they're annoyed even if one wouldn't be able to tell by their tone. "If the heat won't get us, the alvar will. They kill all other species, if you look for their relics you must know this."

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

[Thariza's Journey]

"The people downstairs say you've got some magic that could help us." Thariza doesn't relent. "Is it true, or wishful thinking? And I guess it doesn't much matter why they're after us. Except in terms of how many of them we'd have to kill to discourage the rest."

26. - Top - End - #446

NinjaGuy

[An Epic Quest]

"Yes, I can ride a horse," Corvus says. "I'm definitely not from around here, but I know how to travel a desert. We should try to travel at night and rest during the day if we can."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mindscapes]

Rachel is pretty short, a feature only exaggerated working next to Makuro. "Oh, I found it!" Rachel exclaims, holding up the potion of choice.

"Death's Kiss? Kyne, that's a horrible name for a potion. I hope this doesn't do what it seems like it does." With a frown, Rachel will head out of the tent with potion in hand, since the other catgirl is so insistent on where exactly they should be meeting.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #448
    Orc in the Playground

Mindscapes

"This one is also purple with stars. It's called Sweet Night. That sounds nice." Unlike Death's Kiss, though I suspect it's also a poison. She'll grab it and show it to the smaller catgirl, before following out of the tent and toward the catgirl in the belled collar.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

[An Epic Quest]

Willa folds her arms.
    "Hapsburg." she says flatly, not clarifying that it's a town that doesn't exist on this world.
    "I can run almost as fast as a comparable horse, and take slightly more water, both for reasons you can probably surmise. If heat will be an issue I can call some help now, but likely not while we're already there." she explains, likely equally as annoyed as their guide.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [YLEF - Bust-A-Bubble]

As the doors open, Suzie turns and points dramatically with a tentacle, "HA-GHFMADH! FRGMNH DRGHN IT!" Her attempt to say something appropriately leader-y lost to curses moments later.

She sighs, closes all six eyes and waits very, very patiently as Marina un-gums her mouth up for her.

It takes a couple of minutes easily, Suzie just silently seething and periodically reaching over to tap the button to keep the doors open.

"Ah! Finally! Haha! His evil lair is such a dump! This guy's obviously a total pushover!" She strides out of the elevator, reaching back with two tentacles to drag Marina and Alex along. If Alex was trying to deploy sarcasm, it's completely lost on her anyway. "No need for pardons or apologies, Minion A. Everything's going exactly according to plan." Wait, they have a plan now? That's news to me. "Forward, Minion A! Lead us to your ex-boss!"

[A New World]

The news about the nature of Connor's craft is more than a little concerning to Ithuriel, and she can't keep a worried expression from flashing across her face. As someone who basically regrew her soul (it's complicated), she fully appreciates the fragility of it and how harmful damage to it can be.

She sort of instinctively takes a half-step forward, her aura flaring up around her. "I- ah, sorry. I'm nowhere near a skilled enough healer for this, but if it hurts, I could help. I don't think I'm capable of causing any harm with this." Nevertheless, she lets her aura fade back to a faint golden aura around her again. "Although if I understand what you're suggesting correctly, I'd suggest you be very careful how much you tap into the "other" side of your soul. I don't mix well with that sort of thing. I appreciate anything you're willing to do, but I'd be worried about having a rebellious weapon in my hands."

She follows along after Beauty, considering her words thoughtfully. "Get the mother's eye, come back, don't die. I guess it'd be useful to have a map or some means of direction so I can find my target and get back safely. And your, uh, brother was it? Perhaps I can help ease the pressure on him on the way as well?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Abandon All Appointments, Ye Who Schedules Here

Such neglect! It was no wonder Minion A would desire to part ways with such a location, Marina concludes - and while she doesn't censure the state of the hallway audibly, her expression renders her feelings in a far clearer manner than she could properly state. The piscine servant held the strong belief that the status of villainy does not exclude adherence to basic cleanliness, as Suzie has most likely come to know by now; after all, presentation is extremely important for the purpose of commanding both respect and fear, and especially for acquiring public recognition. In short, she believes that a villain who does not attend to the image which they present (or delegate such a responsibility to servants like Marina) cannot achieve renown, and to do so severely damages the level of respect she might have for them.

"Perhaps he shall earn a demonstration of a proper caliber of villainy," Marina states, nearly tossing the wadded up remains of Suzie's gum at one of the walls before concluding with a vicious grin that it would be more satisfying to throw at the boss himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    A New World

As the trio make their way through the halls, Beauty stops when Connor pulls his reveal. For a moment there is clear hurt, worry, and even a bit of disgust cross her features at how he treats himself, but eventually she just reaches out with her hand gently to stroke along his bared chest. Doing her best to lighten the mood, she gives a smile before attempting to just throw the young man onto her shoulder. "Tragedy is all and good when done as a method of artistic expression, but I strive for balance in all things. If you insist upon using your craft in such a manner, then I will insist you bask in the attention that you know would be given to you. Particularly by an infatuated chambermaid." She tells him with a slightly crooked smile. The way she pats his butt as she carries him up the stairs is probably a telling gesture as to how she means it will come to pass. "Angel, if you would come with me as well, I shall show you what this world and The Mother truly is."
    YLEF - Was that a possum that just scurried into the lunchroom?

Alex winces at the loud, blatant plans of chaos and bloodshed being announced where just anyone can hear them, the first overt sign of emotion he's truly shown. Or maybe he just has a headache. Regardless, he casts an eye about to ensure that it's as abandoned up here as it usually is before nodding to himself. "Things have been going well, My Liege. But there are still the laser cannons, the trip mines, the wolf pit, and the Grudge to deal with on our way down the hall. Or we could take the service entrance, though we might still run into the Grudge and that way's rather narrow. I'll leave the larger strategy up to you, of course." He ticks off each of the remaining, possibly deadly traps they could expect to encounter on their way to the Boss' office on a finger, before point his hand to a janitor's closet that will apparently bypass most or all of the dangers. Other than the ominous sounding Grudge.

A New World

"Oh come now Angel, you of all pe-eep!" Connor trails off in a squeak of surprise as he's hoisted high by their hostess, who is quite physically strong enough to manhandle him in any way she'd like. It takes him a few moments of furious blushing and struggling into a more comfortable position for him to remember himself, make sure his robes are covering adequately, and continue speaking, "As I was saying, you must know that the dark parts of a human soul aren't the same kind of malevolence as you'd find in your honest supernatural boogie. Humans aren't angels or devils, we're just human, and what we've got as faults and favors both pale in comparison to the far extremes on either side." He pauses to let all that sink in, waving off any offer to help with his ephemeral wounds.

"In my case, I was brought into this world with a bit too much mumbo in my jumbo, and it made me a bit of a handful for my parents before they contracted a bit of spiritual help. Doing as I do is a bit like lancing a boil to relieve the pressure. Without scooping out a little vitality every now and then, I'd get really extreme moods. At the worst of it when I was a kid, there was even some poltergeist activity when I was in a real snit. Put a cleaver right through the kitchen ceiling one time. Didn't figure out why until I was a teen." He goes strangely silent, nearly whispering the last few words.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.