New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default <IC> Adventure of the Week

Shy is slowly changing shade signaling there only few hours of sunlight renaming. Fields around the village are mostly empty aside from few peoples who seem to be slowly packing their stuff. Hoses are quite close to each some even are connected with fance making main round only good place to enter or leave it, aside from that it seems to lack in any effenses, none is even guarding entrance, but then for it's size it's unliky they got guards are all.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: <IC> Adventure of the Week

Calys

Calys first glances over the skyline in front of them, and then turns to his traveling companion, finally asking the question he had on the tip of his tongue for quite some time now.

"So, Talynn, what do you think awaits us here? It might only be a dot on the map, but I have this tingling feeling in my gut saying that there's more too it."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I took the liberty of deciding that they did not talk about this yet. And that Calys tries to see a mystery where they might be nothing but a city near the road.

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Calys stands rather tall for a Catfolk, and even compared to a human. He is slender, the silhouettes of his shoulder and hip bones clearly showing under his dark gray, neatly kept, short fur. While not particularly muscular, he appears athletic and graceful. He wears simple, short clothing of pale linen and a simple leather hide jerkin. His eyes are of a dark yellow / orange. His retractable claws are extraordinarily long and sharp. A careful observer may notice a pattern of slightly darker, vertical stripes in his fur.
    Last edited by Niobaran; 2018-09-02 at 05:55 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Talynn

Talynn stops next to Calys. He takes a moment to catch his breath and looks to the village ahead. Soon he has to squint to keep the sun out of his eyes.

More to it? he repeats pensively. There's always more to it. The real question, my friemd, is whether we'll be fortunate enough to find it. He looks at Calys with a spark in his eye. How about a race to find out?

With that, Talynn starts running toward the settlement ahead.

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Talynn looks somewhat like a young, sickly man. His skin is stark white and his body extremely slender. In reality, though, he is a perfectly healthy fetchling. His height is average, his eyes greenish yellow, and his hair silvery grey. He often dresses in black, grey, and brown.
    Last edited by MrSandman; 2018-09-03 at 03:42 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Calys

Calys, unable to reject such a challenge, also turns to run, when he realizes that the trusted mule carrying most of his stuff might not comply. Of course, the animal was trained to walk beside him for long distances, but also did not necessarily see the sense in running, now that the houses were clearly in sight anyway.

"Louise, my dear, we don't want to lose, do we?" he asks the mule, pats it gently on its behind and tries to make the animal run with him.

(I assume that he has a halter/headcollar with a piece of rope attached to it in his hands).

Show

If required, handle animal: (1d20+2)[9].

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Mule picks up the pace but not enough to race with Talynn. That and head start he got allow him to get into the town first without major effort.

There are some kids running around on the towns square. Their cloths are dirty from enter day.

Adoults are slowly gathering in the tavern.

6. - Top - End - #6

DruidGuy

While waiting for Calys to catch up with him, Talynn starts playing with the kids. He asks their names, who their parents are, and performs some "magic" tricks, like making things disappear, making coins appear from behind their ears (he gives out a total of 10 cp with that), that sort of stuff. Basically he tries to have some fun with them and establish some rapport.

Show

Sleigh of hand: (1d20+7)[15]

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Kids take a likeing to a cat person. They introduce themselves and general are easy going. Seeing his tricks ones asks "Sir can you make a flame appear?"

8. - Top - End - #8

Calys, seeing those happy kids, does not complain about having lost the competition. He is friendly to the kids as well, and now that they asked his friend (supposedly, as Talynn is the one with the magic tricks), he looks at him excited as well.

9. - Top - End - #9

DruidGuy

Talynn

Of course I can! I am the master of tricks! Talynn answers with affected grandeur. Then he proceeds to conjure a translucent flame right above his hand.

Show
    For the flame I'm using illusion's ability to create unconvincing tricks, so the flame is obviously a fake but doesn't cost any spell points.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Kids not mind flames being fake. They ask for more and more tricks, more. Other kids start gathering as well forming small crowd around Talynn. Even some adults watch from distance. In between tricks there some questions a long the nature of "who you are?" "where are you from?" "where you are going" etc. One of the child even asks Calys if he likes being petted.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    Kids not mind flames being fake. They ask for more and more tricks, more. Other kids start gathering as well forming small crowd around Talynn. Even some adults watch from distance. In between tricks there some questions a long the nature of "who you are?" "where are you from?" "where you are going" etc. One of the child even asks Calys if he likes being petted.
    Calys

He generously stretches out one arm and let them touch the fur, but not somewhere else. Regarding the questions, he answers that they were traveling for the last weeks (?), and mentions the last bigger village they have stopped by. He then starts to turn the questions around and asks: "So, what is new in this town?"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thomas lost a tooth", "I found really big moshrom", "Mr Smith is really axe he resonately", and "Really big owl has nest near my house, I think" are few replies Calys was able to catch in general chaos and nossines before show gets interrupted. It's a woman running towards a crowd and screaming for help. Her movent is chaotic and dis organized. She wears a simple but long that she struggles not to trip on. Her efforts aren't help by a fact that she is rather large person, especially in vertical axies.

13. - Top - End - #13

Calys quickly steps towards her.

"What's wrong?"

14. - Top - End - #14

DruidGuy

Talynn gets up and walks behind Calys.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Some villagersrushed to woman with. Talynn who wasn't rushing as much as Calys get's cutoff by them. Crowd prevents him from hearing or seeing much.

Spoiler: Calys
    Show
    Whole bunch of peoples trying to help is not optimal as they are overwhelming to the woman and cause more chaos than necessary. While trying to catch breath woman managed to say "Graveyard ... Big ... Wolf" while pointing at toher entrance to the village

Spoiler: Talynn
    Show
    While you aren't able to make make out anything clear coming from crowdyou notice that kids are being taken home.

16. - Top - End - #16

Calys

Hissing at the way the villagers are handling their fellow villager, he returns to his companion. "She tried to say something about a big wolf at a graveyard. Should we go check it out?

17. - Top - End - #17

DruidGuy

Talynn

"We definitely should. They're obviously frightened by this, look at how they've taken all the little ones to their homes." Then Talynn turns to a nearby villager and asks, "Excuse me, where's the village's graveyard?"
    Last edited by MrSandman; 2018-09-07 at 05:20 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

"leave eastwords then to the left and forward. You're sure to find, it has small stone fence around it" Villager replies

19. - Top - End - #19

DruidGuy

Talynn answers, Thank you, goodman (or goodwife).

As they hastily make their way to the graveyard, Talynn suggests, Probably it'd be good not to let ourselves be seen, at least not until we know what's there. If needs be, when we get closer I can turn us invisible.
    Last edited by MrSandman; 2018-09-07 at 07:53 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Calys

"Awesome. I should probably get rid of Louise and some of my stuff then. Maybe there is a tavern on the way?"

21. - Top - End - #21

DruidGuy

Talynn

Oh, right, I keep forgetting about Louise, he says apologetically. There's a tavern there, right by where we were playing with the little ones.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Taven isn't large one by any means. It has some room to tie a horse and it should accomodate a mule just as well. There is also small stable on a side o of it where one could lockings for safekeeping

23. - Top - End - #23

Calys

The catfolk wants a quick solution to get as soon as possible to the graveyard. He hands the mule together with the pack saddles (containing simple camping stuff) together with some silver pieces to a stabler. Holding up a gold piece, he offers:

"Take good care of her, while I am away. If she and all of my stuff is still here when I return, this here is yours."

(I assume that this is kind of okay deal for any worker. Maybe selling off the items and the mule is cheaper, but then again, the gold piece is legally and easily earned money.)

With a big smile, he announces to Talynn:

"Let's go find this wolf."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Stabler take the mule "As you wish sir" he walks her to empty box. Doesn't seem to have any malicious intent.

Upon leaving village and turning you see a small path leading into a forest. Path itself it's big but been used enough to prevent any grass from growing on it making is easily to follow. 200 menters into forest you can notice a short stone fance, it's all moust and weathered down. It still dose it's job when it comes to desinating area for greviard but it's not diffcult to cross at all

25. - Top - End - #25

DruidGuy

Talynn stoops down and walks slowly towards the fence, trying not to make any noise. Once he gets there, he crouches down and carefully looks over the fence.

Show

Stealth: (1d20+5)[9]
    Perception (if needed): (1d20+3)[15]

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

As Talynn touches the fence few small stone get loose and fall on the ground. Looking over it he noticed a wolf about 300 ft away. It look at him but then start digging in the ground not giving further attention to him. Wolf itself don't look quite right, it's sing looks rotten and damaged. It’s body twisted as if its bones were broken and grow together without being properly stabilized.

27. - Top - End - #27

DruidGuy

Talynn goes back to Cas and says quietly, There's a wolf digging about a hundred yards beyond the fence. But something's off about it, unnatural. I think it might be a reanimated corpse. Oh, and it saw me but seemed unconcerned about it, which would explain why the woman who came running earlier survived.

28. - Top - End - #28

Calys

"That sounds inarguably grim." the catfolk observes. "Should we approach it to see what it is digging for? Or should we try to ... release it from its sorrow?"
    Last edited by Niobaran; 2018-09-10 at 07:54 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29

DruidGuy

Talynn

Well, we could always see what it was digging after putting it out of its misery... Talynn says, thoughful. But I'm not sure if perhaps it wouldn't attack us if we just move close to it. I say we move a bit close to it, just close enough to see its reaction to our approach, but far enough that we've got time to react if it decides to attack.

30. - Top - End - #30

Calys

"Let's do it." Calys climbs over the little fence, but then waits for Talynn to catch up, rather observing the strange wolf creature.

Show
    I don't think I need to roll Climb, since I have a climb speed. However, if required, I would simply take 10 for a 22, but if I should rather roll, here goes: Climb - (1d20+12)[32].
    While doing so, Calys tries to be silent: Stealth - (1d20+10)[17].
    Up there, Calys'd take a careful look at the creature:
    Perception - (1d20+6)[8]