New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Stormreach A (IC) I

"Right then, I'm ready to get moving. Sorry flygirl, no time to bury you proper...then again I don't even know if that's what you would've wanted. Foggy! That bird of yours got anything useful to say? Or do we just let Arava tell us which way to march?"

2. - Top - End - #272
    Orc in the Playground

Foggy
    with an emotional urging from his master the large jungle raven repeats part of the information he already passed on to Foggy.
    “Rotters to east. Still looking they are. CACAW”
    Foggy says to the Raven “Very good Addie, thank you. ” before he cast a spell. After the spell finishes he says
    Spoiler: OOC: cast a spell
    Show
    Cast Locate City in the hopes to gain some sort of information to where the city/town might be.

“While above Addie did not see any signs of a town or city within his sight, and the ghouls are approximately a half mile from our location...”
    Spoiler: If the Spell Does Find Something
    Show
    “...I believe the town is located this way. ” Foggy points toward the town with his polearm Hammer. “We should get going before the ghouls stop moving since they may double back. ”

Spoiler: If the Spell Does Not Find Something
    Show
    “...although I felt no presence of any town or city near by. Perhaps we will have to trust our navigational senses for the time being.
    Arava, can you guide us in direction away from east? We should get going soon before the ghouls stop moving and possible start to double back ”

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Arava

Only half a mile. That's nothing.

Let's get moving. Fast.

She takes out a wand and points it in the general direction the ghouls are coming.

This will buy us a couple of minutes. Let's go

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Using the wand of entangle as far east as possible (440') It lasts 1minute, but half a mile is nothing.

Then she takes the others west, and image south west, or where last chance might be located.

Taking 10 for an 18 or rolling (1d20+8)[25] with diogenes help Aid another(1d20+3)[17]
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

Arava

Titus ETUM[/URL]

Arus

Oshika-no-Ikari

DM:

RTOEE
    IC OoC

The Village of Homllet IC OoC

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Jungles of Xen'drik

Spoiler: Spell's effects, probably shared with the group
    Show

Foggy you sense that there is a small city, located about 9.667 miles, in a heading that a navigator might describe as east by south, or 101.25° from your location (90° being directly east)

Therefore the following occurs:

Foggy

After the spell finishes the half-giant says, “...I believe the town is located this way. ” Foggy points east by south with his polearm Hammer. “We should get going before the ghouls stop moving since they may double back. ”
    Last edited by Jopustopin; 2019-04-09 at 08:40 PM.
    If I could play dungeons & dragons with only four books: MM I, DMG, PHB, & ToB
    Dragon Shaman Handbook. Fighter Fix.
    Camel's Handbook

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Juke

"Alright, so the ghouls are that way and Last Chance is somewhere over that way," Juke says, pointing east and then somewhere slightly south of east. "Could be we'll run into them if we go straight for town, but if we keep Addie in the sky and the rest of us keep our eyes and ears open we've probably got a good chance of spotting them before they see us."

"If we do end up in a fight, we stick together and stage a fighting retreat. Foggy, you can help by doing your "teleport" trick on as many of us as possible. Oh, and Deneith or me carries Jorah as soon as we get so much as a whiff of ghoul. Sorry kid, but you've got the shortest legs of all of us. Can't run away as a group with you slowing us down," Juke shrugs.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Firbolg in the Playground

Paluk
    "You grab Jorah. My shield is better for a fighting retreat. Stay ahead of me and I'll keep up short of another lucky shot on their part."

"We should head straight for the town now that we know the direction. Ten miles through jungle? If we huff it we can get there tomorrow. Let's get going."
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Joah

"I'm pretty accurate with a crossbow... I could help." Joah suggest with a look of someone that appears genuinely tired of his ordeals.

Spoiler: Juke
    Show

Juke, Joah's suggestion reminds you that both your throwing axes are lodged into a ghoul and in about two feet of water. If the ghoul's ran off, it's directly north of your location.
    Last edited by Jopustopin; 2019-04-11 at 03:43 PM.
    Camel's Handbook

8. - Top - End - #278
    Orc in the Playground

Foggy
    As Foggy nods in agreement to the strategy and plan of the two warriors, Addie bobs his head and fly's up as his master's feeling of acceptance of their plan tingles through him.
    Foggy then address Juke’s mention of his “teleport trick" “My ability of Invisibility, which I called teleporting just to fool the ghouls, only last a few minutes at best. So I will only use it if we end up in another engagement, and we find ourselves in an unprepossessing situation. It does require touch so stay close.“ Foggy turns and says to Joah with a smile and in a kind caring tone to his normally deep rumbly voice.
    “Well let us hope we never have any need to see your crossbow skills.“

Spoiler: OOC Foggy Actions
    Show

Addie : flys up and gives a bit of overwatch and early warning to any threat he sees as the groups travels forward.

9. - Top - End - #279

ElfMonkGuy

Arava

She handles either of the warriors her net.

This is useful to delay any ghouls who will come too close.

Then taking out her wand of entangle, she orders Diogenes to help her scout ahead and tells foggy

We got eyes in the sky, but the canopy is too thick in the jungle, Diogenes will move from branch to branch and help us find a way. Let us move ahead of the group, Diogenes will be the liason with the rearguard.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Survival taking 10 with diogenes also taking 10 to avoid getting lost and any hazards. Trying to guide the party south east.
    Show

Arava

Titus ETUM[/URL]

Arus

Oshika-no-Ikari

DM:

RTOEE
    IC OoC

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Juke

"And if I had a crossbow, I'd let you have it," he grunts in reply with a hint of an encouraging smile.

Spoiler: Jopustopin
    Show
    Yep, Juke is aware, but figures he'll buy new ones when we get to Last Chance or - worst case - when he's back in Stormreach.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

The Journey Through the Jungle. Rated: G

There is little chance of the ghoul's getting a jump on the group. Addie is able to spot the group immediately. There is a second smaller group of undead as well that he alerts you all to. They don't seem to be the same ghoul's either. Perhaps these are the one's that ate Phoebe.

With Addie keeping an eye on the two groups of ghoul's and the party aware of the ghoul's the only realistic way of encountering them is if you all chose to jump them. Which you don't. The travel is hard and after about seven or eight miles (the remainder of the day) it become too dark to travel through the jungles without light. The city is probably about another hour or so through the jungle... Eberron has three of it's moons full right now providing some illumination (These moons are not nearly the size of our moon).

However the night is dark and full of terrors anyone without low-light vision basically has 20% miss chance on anything within 30 ft. Anything past that has total concealment.
    Last edited by Jopustopin; 2019-04-12 at 03:37 PM.
    Camel's Handbook

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Juke

"So we press on and maybe get ambushed by something and end up fighting at a disadvantage, or we make camp and maybe end up getting ambushed while we sleep and end up fighting at a disadvantage. Some choice," Juke grunts. "Though I do have a couple o' sunrods and some panther tears to help out on the vision front. Anyone else packing a torch or something? I'm not keen to waste either if we're just an hour out from Last Chance."

13. - Top - End - #283

ElfMonkGuy

Arava

Arava takes out a wand, as the night goes darker.

Let's push through the night. I can transform into a wolf and find our path, and use some light spells to guide us the rest of the way. It is better than waiting for the ghouls to come at night.

Spoiler: Actions and rationale.
    Show
    Arava wants to use the wand of aspect of the wolf to move swiftly (speed 50' and low light vision) and alternate it with a light spell. She is willing to use 3 charges of aspect of the wolf to guide the party. If they decide to go.
    Show

Arava

Titus ETUM[/URL]

Arus

Oshika-no-Ikari

DM:

RTOEE
    IC OoC

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Experience

For directly fighting the ghouls, Foggy, Luck, and Juke gain 850 experience. Congratulations, this puts you all at Level 2! Or in Foggy's instance, ECL 2! Foggy you're effectively level two now! Luck and Juke may actually level up, Foggy you can only effectively level up!

For avoiding the remaining 5 ghouls, The entire party gains an additional 250 xp!

(So Foggy, Luck, and Juke get 850 + 250)

The Jungles of Xen'Drik

JessaminePhoebe's Canary (who hasn't left Juke's shoulder) begins singing a beautiful song for some unknown reason!
    Last edited by Jopustopin; 2019-04-12 at 10:00 PM.
    Camel's Handbook

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Bregan

Bregan sighs in relief as they approach Last Chance. He didn't relish the idea of becoming ghoul food.

He turns to his newfound companions, "Thank you for helping us find our way out of that. If you have call to visit, find me at the tavern with the coldest ale and I'll buy ye a pint."
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

Spoiler: personality test results
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286

Paluk
    "Yes, let's push on. I'll bring up the rear. Keep a hand on the shoulder of the person in front of you so no one gets lost."

"Jorah is supposed to be a secret. We need to hide who he is once we get close. Carried under a cloak or something."
    He turns to Jorah. "Sorry kid, don't know why they wanted it that way, unless you know?"
    Show
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Gleam

Although quiet during the conversation, Gleam glances back and forth, drinking in the information about the boy and those who accompany. Not malicious, simply taking stock of who they are and how they treat the boy.

Gleam's tail lashes as he stumbles in the undergrowth. His morningstar has switched shoulders steadily over the course of the day, and he gladly makes use of the moment of the brief pause the conversation brings to place the head on the ground, balancing the handle against his leg and rolling his shoulders. Hefting it back up, he sighs, then speaks.
    "I'm sorry I can't be of more use, but I'm glad to provide a torch if we'd prefer to travel normally. With the familiars as lookouts, should we fear ambush?"
    The moon sees nothing of this. She is bald and wild.
    And the message of the yew tree is blackness - blackness and silence.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Juke

"He can have mine," Juke replies, holding out his cloak to Jorah. "Since we don't have a box an' all," he jokes.

"I hear Last Chance is flyspeck of a place. Don't think there's going to be much choice regarding taverns," he replies to Bregan with a shrug.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

Foggy

“A fly speck, you say? Hmm, the town can be a mere handful of buildings. As long as one of them offers a dry bed. I will be more than grateful.“ Foggy gives a small smiles as they continue on their journey.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

The Thorpe of Last Chance

Injured, dirty, sweaty, you stumble into what must be Last Chance.

Foggy you know almost everything there is to know about Last Chance. It's a self-sustaining farming community built around an Inn. It is a joint venture of House Ghallandra and House Jorasco with the mission of providing a last night of comfort and a final chance for healing to explorers heading into the southern wilds. You've heard of Alask d'Jorasco, who provides the magical services for the community and is sorta the defacto mayor. You're not aware of anyone notable from House Ghallandra that lives here. The two houses live well together here.

Spoiler: image
    Show

Some halfling guards hail you but wave you through without much trouble although one of them comments that ya'll are crazy to travel through the jungles at night.
    Last edited by Jopustopin; 2019-04-22 at 04:17 PM.
    Camel's Handbook

21. - Top - End - #291

Paluk

"Jorah, now that we're about there, do you know why you were coming here and why you needed to be hidden?"

"A hot fresh meal in an inn will be nice change."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Juke

"Wasn't our choice to be trooping around out there in the dark, friend," Juke answers the guard peevishly. "Had to keep moving to stay ahead o' the ghouls. We lost a man...er flying midget girl...to 'em an' they were busy eating Paluk there as well until we managed to sneak him out from under their rotting noses."

23. - Top - End - #293
    Orc in the Playground

Foggy
    Foggy gives an appreciative smile and greeting to the Halfling guards as they past by.

Dirty and bleary eyed from exhaustion Foggy says “It has been a long harrowing journey. It’s late and we are tired. Let us head to the Inn and rest. After a good night’s worth of sleep and a bit of cleaning up, we can discuss things further. Besides, there is only one inn in this little outpost, and I feel that whomever we are intended to meet up with for Jorah will be there. ”

Foggy makes his way to the Inn

24. - Top - End - #294

ElfMonkGuy

Arava

Arava agrees with Foggy.

I need a bath. And some proper food.
    And then I want to head to Stormreach and catch those mutinous bastards.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Real Life is really busy right now.
    Show

Arava

Titus ETUM[/URL]

Arus

Oshika-no-Ikari

DM:

RTOEE
    IC OoC

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Gleam

"I hope we don't meet whoever this is till we've had the chance to rest. And hopefully down a round." He looks sheepishly at the youth with them. "Sorry, but I have no stake in your secrets Jorah."
    The moon sees nothing of this. She is bald and wild.
    And the message of the yew tree is blackness - blackness and silence.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Bregan (Sil)

"The tavern with the coldest ale it is. I'll buy the first round, then."

Bregan follows the others into Last Chance.
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

Spoiler: personality test results
    Show