New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Stormreach A (IC) I

Dilettante
    As Justina Minnit

Dilettante is... impressed, to say the least, at Juke's screaming battle leap. Not something she would have done in his situation, but... maybe that's the reason her fighting ability is so mediocre? She files it away for later.

There's still one target left, and Dilettante isn't going to let everyone else have all the fun. So she ducks into a quick dash, once again going for a flank as she tries to stab this last remaining monster in what she assumes is a weak point.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move to A3, avoiding AoOs of course. Since this is likely ther last round of combat, I'm gonna use Cunning Insight twice:

Cunning Insight Attack: (1d20+3)[16]

Cunning Insight Damage: (1d4+3)[5]

If Dilettante missing, and therefore has an Inspiration point remaining, I'd like to spend it to get +3 on her next saving throw if applicable instead.

Inspiration: 0/2

Action Points: 5/5

AC 14

HP: 7/7
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Paluk

Paluk very quickly went from having his face bit off to blackness to feeling much better but prone in the middle of a fight. His shield still strapped to his arm, he swung it at the creature then grabbed his sword as he stood up.

Show
    Attack from prone (-4 to hit). Grab sword and tumble to avoid AoO from standing.

Shield: (1d20)[17] crit: (1d20)[17]
    damage: (1d8+3)[5] crit: (1d8+3)[11]

Tumble DC 15 (1d20+5)[16]

EDIT: Will smash even if the creature is already down.
    Last edited by Cavir; 2018-10-09 at 10:07 PM.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

Foggy.

After Ensuring Luck is breathing again, Foggy steps back away from the wreckling and swings his polearm at the foul beast that was screaming "mine mine" in draconic.

Show

If creature is not already dead then
    Move 5' step south
    Attack wreckling (1d20+1)[10] Action point [roll]1d6[/roll]
    Damage (2d6+1)[11]
    Last edited by DrunkMongoose; 2018-10-10 at 03:25 AM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Jungles of Xen'drik

The stupid creature snarls at Paluk when it realizes he still has some fight in him before being stabbed somewhat critically in the head by Justina. It snarls and whips it's bloody head around just in time to get somewhat a lot more critically bludgeoned in the head by a warhammer. That stops his snarling and it's body lands roughly onto the ground, unmoving.

This chill Mule though, just eating some leaves, didn't even try to run. Weird. Everyone not in a box gains 240 xp.
    Last edited by Jopustopin; 2018-10-10 at 04:31 AM.
    If I could play dungeons & dragons with only four books: MM I, DMG, PHB, & ToB
    Dragon Shaman Handbook. Fighter Fix.
    Camel's Handbook

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Phoebe

Phoebe slowly floats down, surveying the carnage. It was almost like a bloody pile of bodies. And she already thought they were ugly when she first saw them...

She wrinkles her nose and calls out to her bird. Jessamine comes out of hiding and alights on her outstretched hand, happily chirping.

Then Phoebe flies over toward the mule and pets it in a passing motion, addressing the box. "It's safe to come out now! Hmm. How do we.. open this??" The pixie was familiar with containers, but apparently the concept of a shipping crate that would have to be pried open was foreign to her.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2018-10-10 at 04:33 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Juke

"NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING 'BOUT!" Juke yells at the corpse of the last wretchling. "DON'T MESS WITH..." and then he suddenly sways alarmingly. "Whoa - head rush. Sorry, I think I need to sit down for a moment," he says, wobbling over to the nearest tree and collapsing against the trunk.

After a moment's rest, Juke is back on his feet. "You alright Deneith? I ain't never seen anyone parry with their face like that before," he grins.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Dilettantep
    Somehow still managing to hold onto the guise of Justina Minnit

Dilettante flinches as the beast wgirls around to face her - but then she's saved as its head is caved in by Juke's warhammer. The apparently-half-elven woman takes a few steps back before falling down on her arse, panting and just sort of staring at the carnage.

Great going, Gillian. You were a distraction.

She's really panting quite a lot. It seems she doesn't have that much stamina. Some adventurer she is! "An' this... is why... I hate the jungle..."
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Phoebe

Phoebe looks at Justina and says, "You shouldn't hate the Jungle. Especially not just because of that... I've never seen those before. I have no idea what they are... I don't think they belong here."

9. - Top - End - #99

Paluk

The creature dead, Paluk stands up and gathers his weapons. "Nasty creatures, and not far from the city. Guess I got a bit rusty on the voyage. Who healed me?" He takes his throwing axe and flicks it at a nearby tree, sticking it, then retrieved it. "Need to keep my practice up."
    Show
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

Foggy

The large Raven left his jungle canopy perch when there was only one Wreckling standing. Addie began to circle high above the perimeter looking for any other threats, after a couple passes he loudly cawed out
    “ALL CLEAR! CACAW! ALL CLEAR!”
    (unless of course he sees something then he doesn't say this and instead gives a warning)

Foggy after hearing Addie’s call and feeling slightly winded leans on the haft of his polearm to catch his breath. He then begins to repack and light his pipe, and amble over to the corpses of the wreckings.
    While walking over he addresses Phoebe's question ”It's a risk letting him free. He might be lying about why he was in the box. But..I suppose it is a bit cruel to keep him locked up especially if he needs to take care of his bodily functions. I'm fine with letting him out if you all are, but I suggest we keep him on a short leash, so to speak."

Foggy then acknowledges Luck's question about who healed him
    “I was lucky enough to be nearby when you fell. How are feeling?"
    The near middle aged half giant states as he lowers himself to one knee using the haft of his polearm for support so he has a better view to inspect the odd creatures, and learn what he can. Foggy then glances over to the smashed mess of a creature that was hit by Juke.

“not much left of this one. Well I'm just glad you're on our side, Juke." Foggy flashes the brutish man a smile.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Phoebe

"Yes, it would be cruel to keep someone trapped in a box," Phoebe says, and with puppy dog eyes pleads, "Please let him out. I want to meet him."

She also begins searching the box all over.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    search: (1d20+7)[25] Of course, we all know whenever looking for something on a heavy package, it's on the bottom!

Phoebe is just checking for buttons, latches, something that might open the box? I am assuming there isn't something, but who knows. We at least know there's no hole in the box...

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Juke

Juke watches Phoebe for a while, a quizzical look on his face. "What're you lookin' for, flygirl? It's just a crate. You want at what's inside? Just rip the top off."

He then steps forward, inserts the rear spike of his warhammer beneath the lid of the crate, and uses it as a lever to pop the crate open.

OOC: Or rather, he does if my understanding that this is just a common crate is correct.

13. - Top - End - #103

Paluk

With Juke dealing with the crate, Paluk deals with the bodies, dragging them off the trail into the flora out of sight and to allow the jungle to reclaim them.

"We should not stay here long, The sound of battle and the smell of blood may attract others things to this area."
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Somewhere in Xen'Drik

A small halfling child wearing high quality clothing for the jungle slowly climbs out, whimpering slightly. Sweaty and dirty the child looks like he hasn't seen sun in a while. The pungent smell of fresh urine draws your attention to his breeches where it looks like he spoke the truth about his need to relieve himself. His eyes look at each of you briefly and finally to the beautiful pixie and his face softens when he see's her.

"Do you have any water ma'am?" He asks politely, and clearly embarrassed by his condition.
    Camel's Handbook

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

Foggy

Foggy looks up as he finishes examining the mangled corpses Just as he finishes helping Paluk drag the corpses out of sight he looks over just in time to see the Halfing Boy climbing out of the opened box with flithy urine-soaked pants. Foggy makes an empathetic small grunt as he is discomfited by the poor lad’s pants. A bit of guilt washes over him, largely because the boy's unsanitary condition was directly caused by their dawdling in releasing him.
    The middle-aged half giant puffs on his pipe in a worrisome concerned manner as he says to the Halfing boy
    ”I apologize for us not getting you out sooner. Unfortunately, we had some interlopers that had to be dealt with… “ Foggy makes a gesture toward the corpses of the Wrecklings and then continues on speaking in his low toned rumble of a voice
    “… and we, pardon me, I should say I questioned if you were telling the truth, and temporized your release. Especially since our contact who made this arrangement never informed us of your confinement in the box or any other detail. I do feel horrible about your current outcome, and if you like I can have you cleaned up and as dry as the Blade Desert in a few mere moments. That is of course, if you verbally grant me permission to cast a simple cleaning cantrip upon you.”

Spoiler: OOC: ACTION
    Show
    If the boy verbally agrees to allow magic to be cast on him then Foggy will cast Prestidigitation, and have the spell begin to clean/dry his clothes. If he says no then he will not.
    Last edited by DrunkMongoose; 2018-10-17 at 05:56 AM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Phoebe

Phoebe frowns, as it was clear they were too late in releasing the halfling boy. Was he a 'boy'? Seemed so. Though Halflings were small to humans, the adults were still significantly larger than pixies. This was not the case.

"Aww..! You should have asked us to get out sooner!" Phoebe laments. "I'm so sorry that happened. I think I could find us some fresh water if you need."

She sighs wistfully but cheers up pretty quickly. "Well on the bright side, at least the box may have kept you safe. Who knows if those monsters would have gone after a poor boy like you instead!" she says, pointing at one of the ugly green things Paluk was dragging into the bushes. Though its head was pretty unrecognizable, it still clearly had nasty claws.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2018-10-17 at 03:48 AM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Juke

"Hey kid, sorry about yer "accident", but just say "yes" to the big man and he'll make it all go away. Meantime, if yer thirsty, have a drink on me," Juke says, not unkindly, while handing the boy his waterskin.
    Last edited by rax; 2018-10-18 at 01:27 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108

Paluk

Paluk keeps watch while the others attend to the kid. "So how'd the kid eat and drink up til now?"
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Juke

"With his mouth?" Juke replies, apparently dead serious.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Phoebe

With the two talking and joking about food, Phoebe realizes the importance of that as well. "Oh that's right! You must be so hungry and thirsty being stuck in a box like that the whole time! Don't worry I can find you some food! I can even make you some new clothes too," she says beaming at the boy. Though her definition of clothes might not keep the boy comfortable.

21. - Top - End - #111

Paluk

Paluk gave Juke a look of irratation. "What has he been eating and drinking for his whole voyage? There's nothing in the crate with him."

"The smell of fresh blood is going to attract trouble. Hurry up and get the kid back in the crate so we can get going. Can't have him getting picked off or carried away. He's safest in there."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Jungles of Xen'drik

As the prestidigitation cleans the boy's soiled clothing and he's given something to drink it becomes apparent that he wet himself due to fear actually.

"I wasn't in this box on the voyage over. I had a larger crate. Only one man on the ship knew of me and he would feed me at night." the boy explained, although he seems to quiet down again before adding, "We just didn't want anyone knowing I left Sharn nor seen in Stormreach."
    Camel's Handbook

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Juke

"No offence, kid, but you don't look like much to me. Why would anyone care where yer at and what yer doing?"

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Jungles of Xen'drik

Joah shrugs his shoulders but doesn't say anything.
    Camel's Handbook

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Juke

Juke shrugs back. "Fair enough. Yer don't have ta talk if yer don't want to. Best hop back in the box and we'll be on our way. And if yer hungry, I think we have some spare rations on the mule."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Phoebe

Phoebe looks at Joah curiously and asks, "You don't know why you're being hidden? You can't think of anything at all?

Another very strange situation. "My name is Phoebe, Joah. It's been so nice to meet you. Do you... Do you really want to go back into the box?" she asks with utmost concern.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2018-10-19 at 09:58 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

Foggy

After his prestidigitation cleans the boy, Foggy then uses it to clean the inside of the box.
    ”Paluk does make a valid point. We should be on our way. "
    Foggy puffs on his pipe as he is momentarily lost in his thoughts Pondering over the situation. He turns toward the boy and says to Joah
    "Regrettably, I agree with Paluk. The box is still the safest spot we have for you. I have sanitized the inside at least. Please hurry, I rather we not linger here much longer. “
    Last edited by DrunkMongoose; 2018-10-19 at 07:28 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Jungles of Xen'drik

The party doesn't linger, after the boy does his business, he clambers back into his box and the group continues to travel. The weather doesn't change much through the day, there are several terrifying sounds from farther away but Phoebe leads the party around hazards. The pixie seems to be especially cogent at guiding the party through the jungles. She points out hazards unseen to the rest of you, and picks routes that are clear of brush and debris that would hinder the rest of your movements. She is able to forage for food and fresh water and provide for the rest of the group.

The weather doesn't seem to be changing much to Phoebe. Good chance of some rain each day and very hot.

The party makes camp for the first night, and each party member takes a shift that's around two hours long. There are, again, some terrifying sounds heard throughout the night that keeps the party on edge but nothing disturbs the rest of the party members.

The following day is a similar routine as the first. Phoebe guiding the party through the woods, avoiding hazards, and foraging for food without issue. On day three however things seem to change. The weather grows absurdly cold at some point over the course of three hours. The temperature dropping from around 104°F (40°C) to 30°F (-1.1°C). Phoebe you find this to be totally unnatural and without any rhyme or reason to it. However with the clothing the group is wearing finding a safe place to hole up would be advisable. Frostbite and actual hypothermia are quickly becoming serious risks.
    Camel's Handbook

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Phoebe

As the weather gets colder and colder, Phoebe is perplexed, then worried. She states this clearly can't be natural. Not only did she dislike the unnatural, she really disliked the cold. By the time the third hour of this rolls around and the temperature drops to an all-time low, dipping below the freezing point, she is freaking out. Frantic.

"G-guys..! Everyone!" she says with breath misting and teeth chattering. She was absolutely freezing cold given her scant attire. "W-we have to go back! S-something is wrong. Something is horribly wrong! The whole jungle is dying. Or dead even. There's no way it could take this cold. And we will be too! Please, I don't know what's happening but we can't keep going like this!"

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Juke

"We took a job, flygirl, we can't just head back when the going gets tough. If this ain't normal, then could be someone is doing something to make it this cold. We could find 'em, kill 'em, and make the cold go away. Or if it's the Curse, the way I hear it we could be out o' this in an hour, tomorrow, or never. So going back ain't no guarantee to avoid freezing either."

"Can you fly up an' see if there's an end to this cold area? Or maybe we should try an' find some shelter and build the biggest fire we can. We've got wood all 'round an' a wizard. Shouldn't be too hard."

"Oh, an' if yer really cold, maybe you can ride in the giant's pocket. An' then buy yerself some real clothes when we hit civilization."