New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default Re: D&D 5e Hoard of the Dragon Queen

The Kobolds go in, now with their allies, they attack breocar, and pippa. Heath's virtue allows pippa to stay standing, as The kobolds on the other end attack Breocar, one getting a lucky shot in, dealing some damage to her.

The Kobolds on the side of the building continue to dash onwards.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Heath sends Damien to dart in and distract an enemy closest to pippa and rienforces her barrier with 7 temp hp.

3. - Top - End - #243

EvilClericGuy

The Patrol on the side continue to dash forward, while the civilians panic, and the dragonclaw severely injures pippa knocking pippa out in a single blow. As it does so the dragonclaw prioritizes, the owl who has been strengthening their vigor albeit temporarily. Damien died due to that flow dissipating. Heath knew that the hour long ritual would be time intensive. And cost a bit of gold, but would bring Damien back with all his vigor.

Pippa's unconcious body starts off well, but the fight isn't done yet.

The Last remaining cultist continues his onslaught on breocar, which attacks couldn't hit a wall much less breocar, the deft.
    Last edited by Extrail; 2019-03-17 at 12:57 PM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Rosewood
    Warforged Geomancer of the Emerald Enclave
    HP: 1/12
    Concentrating on: --
    Conditions: --

As Rosewood continues working on the defenses she notices the dire straights of those inside. Taking a moment to consider options, inspiration strikes her. She calls out to her allies, "I have a plan! Retreat until I tell you to stop! And Heath, follow my example please!"

Assuming they do as she asks, she waits for them to get past one of the beams supporting the roof and then throws a blob of acid at it and tells them to stop at a certain point much closer to the door.

Spoiler
    Show

Mold Earth to make another ditch/barrier.

Holding action to Acid Splash beam at AM row until Breocar and Heath get past it. (2d6)[6]

And she tells them to stop at the AR row.

5. - Top - End - #245

EvilClericGuy

The Kobolds in the main church go, and encircle breocar, several of them doing significant damage, but she resists it, and is only moderately wounded instead.

The kobolds on the side start to turn the corner, and see the barrier, so try to move to deal with it, in the future.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Breocar panics at being surrounded, and attempts to grab a hold of Pippa's unconscious form. He wasn't going to leave her behind if they were retreating. "I CURSE YOU ALL BY THE NAME OF BREOCAR!" he roars as he attempts to leave bring her to the safety of Rosewood's plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Heath mourns the loss of his two new companions and his oldest companion damien. He sees rosewoods plan so backs up and prepares to loose some sacred flame on the same beam once enemies are below it

(1d8)[7]
    Last edited by zylodrizzt; 2019-03-17 at 06:04 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248

EvilClericGuy

The Cultists continue dashing towards the rear exit.
    The civilians continue to alert each other to an escape route, and some have successfully fled the area.
    The Ambush drakes continue dashing.
    Dr Dragonclaw, has a beam fall under him, with his slow reflexes what really saves him is the part that falls on him is rather light, and gets into melee with heath.
    The Surviving cultist of the dragonclaw's group manages to get in to range with heath.
    Last edited by Extrail; 2019-03-17 at 06:19 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Rosewood

Rosewood's lights turn a dark blue as she sees Breocar die. Seeing Heath begin to be surrounded she sends a blast of air to push away one of the enemies trying to surround him and she prepares to throw a blob of acid at the other beam to hopefully break it after Heath is safely out from under that section of the roof and as many enemies are underneath it.

Spoiler
    Show

Bonus action Gust on Dragonclaw to push it away from Heath. Succeeded.

Holding action to Acid Splash beam at AQ row until the start of the Dragonclaw's turn. (2d6)[7]

10. - Top - End - #250

EvilClericGuy

The Kobolds finish off pippa, as the kobolds on the side get near enough to see the smoke clearly, and the civilians behind it.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Heath retreats bravely and fires off another sacred flame but the beam holds

12. - Top - End - #252

EvilClericGuy

The cultist b's turn, civilians, ambush drakes, dragonclaw's, and cultist a's turn,

The cultists apart of the patrol group continue dashing to the rear exit.
    The civilians inform others, and even more flee the area.
    The Ambush drakes get closer, but aren't within melee range.
    Dragonclaw knocks out heath.
    And the last surviving cultist manages to get close enough to attack rosewood.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Rosewood

Rosewood's lights stay blue as she sees Heath go down as well. She knows she has to leave to find more help and lead the civilians back to safety. So she conjures another blast of wind to shove the cultist in front of her back through the door before running off and guiding the civilians to safety as best she can.

Spoiler
    Show

Bonus action Gust on Cultist7. Succeeds.
    Dashing away.

14. - Top - End - #254

EvilClericGuy

As Rosewood returns to the keep through the secret tunnel. The 24 civilians begin milling in, and looking around for their loved ones. As she gets in Rosewood decides to take a break, and she is given a nice room, to take a break in by the mayor. As the mayor does so, he learns what happens in the church. Rosewood choice to guide the civilians to safety, while her companions attempted to stem the tide.

Heart was a part of the 24, they weren't prepared for the battle ill equipped, she got supplies from the fort, and decided she wouldn't let the lives of those that had sacrificed theirs for them be in vain, so had decided to approach rosewood on her own.

As Rayshin, was comforting a kid no older than 8, who had lost his parents in the siege, he was approached by the Advisor. "So, I heard of your bravery, and good words, and of the stories you told. Is it true that you are capable in combat? If so, we need to resupply the rescuing team, most of the team, didn't make it, and the one that did, needs backup."

Rinn Nailo, herself had been in a harrowing situation much like rosewood's though more self interested as she, and others of her group were fighting to get to the keep. She had lost many men, when she arrived. As she did so she was greeted by The head guard who had replied. "Lookie here, have to say I'm surprised that some would make it through the side gate, can't say I thought it was too safe meself. He turns to his men and says Lower The Rope, and be quick about it, who knows when the enemies could arrive to close off this breach.as soon as the rope is lowered, The headguard turns back to Rinn Nailo, and the other survivors and replies. Climb up quickly now, don't have all night. "
    Last edited by Extrail; 2019-03-24 at 04:26 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Colossus in the Playground

Heart, equipped with nimble climbing claws, does her best to help the more-injured or less capable civilians make their way up the rope. Come on, that's it, be careful now... she says as she helps.

Once the civilians are all up, assuming there are no interruptions, she makes her way up the wall. I'm sorry I wasn't able to help more with the fighting. I'm not very well-trained in my claws in combat, but if I could borrow a dagger, or better yet a shortbow...
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Does a dragon hoard treasure? Yes I can fight but prefer to use my words. I hope the team before actually made a diffrence. I should go check with any that made it and get the story." with that he heads to the survivors eventually making it to thier rescuer(s) to volunteer to help out. This smelled of Tiamat. Buhamut wouldn't be pleased if he did nothing and maybe this would get him back in good graces. If he didn't he knew his mark would begin itching and the spirit bound to him would force him anyways.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Rinn nods to the guard, beaded braids tinking softly against her armour. "You heard the man" she barks to the rest of her group, "injured up first".

"Who's directing the defence?" she asks after climbing up herself, the last one to do so. "I need to know where I should be fighting next". Cathartic as it might be, just roaming the streets butchering cultists probably isn't the most effective thing she could be doing.
    Last edited by Tome; 2019-03-24 at 05:03 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Rosewood
    HP: 21/21

At the sound of the door opening Rosewood looks up from the table where she'd just finished making some alchemical concoctions. She sees a person she doesn't recognize. "Hello, how can I help you?"
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-03-24 at 05:10 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259

EvilClericGuy

After Rinm had climbed up the rope. The rope was pulled, up, and the clearing had managed to dissipate as the siegers had enough men to fill up the hole. The Head Guard gruffly replied."Well, well. a Brave Woman, I see. I'm leading the wall defense, was the head jailer for the city guard, the man with the most experience leading guards in defending a place, since the head guard for the keep had went in to try, and rescue his family. But, Truth is if you are really up for it, the walls are protected enough for now, but the rescue team, to get people to the keep? Now, that's in a sorry state. Heard it from a survivor from the church, that the only survivor is resting up, and well... shee'll need help when she continues with the missions. "

The head guard turned towards heart, and replied. "Well, we have plenty of supplies left, and scrounged up, and I'd think you, and him should go with the rescuing team, You both seem the most capable of the lot, and we really do need more men, to help with the rescuing effort. Those that are wounded will be taken care of, and those that are able bodied we can put to use someplace else? How do both of you feel about that?"
    Last edited by Extrail; 2019-03-24 at 05:23 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

"If that's where I'm worth the most, that's where I'll be" Rinn agrees, touching the holy symbol around her neck. "I'd rather be in the thick of things anyway".

"Any idea where that survivor is right now?"

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Rosewood sees a golden dragonborn before her but his scales seem brighter and his form seems even more dragon like with a slightly longer neck then a usual dragonborn. She could probably tell that there is a touch of divine with him.

Well isnt this a surprise. They said from what they could tell the rescuer was a woman but they didn't mention a speaking wooden golem. No wonder you survived where the other three died. Golems dont go down easy. Had my expiernces with them. So I hear you will be going out again. Well even a golem might use some company though expect me to stick behind you. There is another set of survivors besides what you brought just arrived so I imagine we may have more company.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Rosewood

The floating bits around her twirl in mild annoyance as she replies, "I am not a golem. My name is Rosewood. Yes, I could use some assistance. Let us go meet with these others then." and she gets her things together and goes with her shiny new companion to meet the others.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Seeing the golems annoyanceMy apologies. I guess I fail to see the diffrence. I suppose a correction is in order. Artificial life? Intellegent construct? Would those work for you? Maybe just a name then? Mine is Rayshin Highson pleasure to meet such a stout warrior. with a slight bow.
    Last edited by zylodrizzt; 2019-03-25 at 04:58 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Colossus in the Playground

Heart nods, and gets directions from the guard to find both some gear and the rescue team.

After readying herself for battle, she finds the others. Oh! Oh, hello, she says, seeing teh odd collection of strangers before her. My name is Heart. I want to help fight back. I was told you were the... Strike team, I guess?
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

"So you lot ar... Oh mighty Bahamut!" Rinn exclaims in surprise as she notices the dragonborn among the group.

The tall, tanned woman takes on a noticable blush, her posture straightening as she struggles to collect herself. Thoughts racing - No no, just a dragonborn, don't get excited Rinn... a very majestic dragonborn, but still not an actual dragon. Keep yer britches on - she shakes her head and snaps to attention, bowing as she introduces herself.

"Ah, sorry, I wasn't expecting to encounter someone so... blessed. My apologies" she explains, starry eyes still fixated on Rayshin. "I am Rinn Nailo, ah, sworn servant of the platinum dragon. At your service".
    Last edited by Tome; 2019-03-25 at 02:54 PM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Rosewood

Not especially pleased with the options Rayshin is giving her for the name of her "race", she just doesn't respond to that.

As they reach the others she says, "Greetings. I am Rosewood. I suppose 'strike team' is as good a name as any, though this term is not familiar to me."

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Rayshin introduces himself.
    You flatter me. You have good taste. Thank you. I too am a servant of bahamut you could say... By blood. Happy to be traveling with a beautiful and dare I guess blessed woman. Let us bring justice and save the weak together. he bows deeply to the woman.

To heart We are still assembling the team and we would be happy to have your assistance though I should say that though we may very well be doing some striking I think the main goal is to save individuals amd bring them here. Heart was it, we could use a bit of that welcome. he bows to the feline.

Though his circumstances bleak he seen no reason to be rude.

28. - Top - End - #268

EvilClericGuy

The dragon's final lunge wasn't a feint like the others, and it gave it plenty of time to strike down a man, with it's lightening breath, and injure a couple more. The devastation is great the guard that died is nothing but ash, and the two that did make it couldn't take another even if their lives depended on it, which it very well did. The Dragon let loose a roar, and Flies backwards, away from the wall. The guards let loose sling bolts, and arrows, as the roar makes the dragon's attack clear in everyone's minds instead, and removing all doubt it was simply a lightening strike which happened nearby.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

"What in the abyss is happening out there?" Rinn reacts to the sound of the the attack. "Is the dragon attacking?!"

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Rosewood

At the sound of the dragon attack, Rosewood runs off towards the roof. She tries to use the wind to push herself a bit further, but it doesn't work.

Spoiler
    Show

Dashing. Gust on self failed.