New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

"I am fated to do this - no matter how I try this will always come my way, and it is unwise to fight fate, don't you agree. Miras pauses for a moment as if counting possibilities in his head and then continiues "... ah, I knew youd say that"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

The Oak-Crowned had watched the play and subsequent revelations in silence, rubbing thoughtfully at her chin exposed beneath the mask.
    "I have a few questions, Lightsong," the druidess said. "About this. About you. Why?"
    She straightened up on the chair to look at the elf more directly, narrow green eyes scrutinising her.

"I am not against helping, but I was sought out, far from here. Why us? Do you not have your own agents?"
    She quirked her head. "As for Tinfellows. How long ago were they disappeared? May still be a scent, if it was soon."
    And the far stars cried, and the planets yearned;
    But no man may know, for she'll ne'er return.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Olisandra nods and she smiles as more and more of those she gathered agreed to help. When Ophine poses her questions though, her face turns to a more amused expression. "Why me? Well, perhaps the simple fact that if I do not take such matters into my own hands, then it is unlikely that anyone will, oh Oak-Crowned." She tents her fingers and continues, "As for why we asked for help ... well we who harp are not particularly favored by the First Lord and his cronies. While there are many things that we would risk to bring justice and equity to Hillsfar and the Moonsea, an open revolt, or an accusation of wanting to usurp a local government is not among them. Meeting here is as much as we are willing to risk, hence our little ruse." She slowly lets the puppet go down to the floor and idly tugs at its strings to make it pace back and forth, hands crossed behind its back as she speaks. "Why we asked for you specifically? Well, we're simply aware of what you are all capable of. You've all proven yourselves to be the kind of reliable talent that can get this job done, and can do so without raising too much suspicion from Nomenthal or the Red Plumes." She pauses and meets Ophine's scrutinizing gaze, "Or at least, we believe that you will be able to do so. You have learned much from Tasselia, after all."

She then adresses Ophine's final question, answering, "The raid was a bit more than a ten-day ago.
    I do necessarily expect you to find fresh tracks, but I am hopeful."
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

Guro
    Level 3 Ranger | HP: 28/28 | AC: 18

Guro looks around to the other audience members. It appears they are all more than what they appeared, and he will be traveling with them to discover what happened at the farmsteads. I am Guro, he says by way of introduction, When do we leave?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Zilo, guessing that roughly everyone's questions and inquires are dealt with, decides to stand up on his chair, raising to about the average human's height as he looks across the room.

"*Ahem*, my name is Zilo Neverfall." he introduces himself. "I'm a simple sailor myself, but if any of you are joining in this endeavor, I'll fight for you with my blade."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

The druidess nodded, seemingly satisfied with the answer.

"Very well."

She rose from her seat, and picked up the bag of gold to distribute once they were outside before turning to the others. She nodded in greeting, the thick wooden horns on her mask swinging ponderously.
    "I am Oak-Crowned Ophine, of beast and leaf."
    She swivelled her head to look at Zilo.
    "You know the Tinfellows, Zilo Neverfall?"

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Sigrid
    Level 3 Fighter | HP: 34/34 | AC: 16

Sigrid had been mostly quiet throughout the conversation. Often it was easier to have others do the talking for you, let's you get a good read on them. She may also have been a little antisocial, but that was besides the point. Now, she moved from her seat and joined the rest of the group, and placed an armored hand under her chin in though before speaking. "We should probability leave right away if no one has any other matters. While it has been a while, being swift in a job is usually a good call."

After a moment of though, she added "I'm Sigrid, by the way. A pleasure."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Not personally" the halfling answers, "When my family had to move out thanks to the law of humanity, they were one of those who offered us help and shelter." Zilo explains.

As Sigrid speaks up as well, he nods in approval and jumps off his chair, putting back his backpack.
    "Guess now, it is my time to offer help back."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

"I am Miras Tulevaisuus, also known as Starborn, It will be a plesure to travel with you. The last part of the sentence is said in a way that makes it sound like having a deeper meening
    Last edited by Xantin Rahl; 2018-09-16 at 01:37 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Harpers? Well, dress me in a robe and call me Elminster but I think you have just gained a new ally, my friends. You stand on the right side of things most of the times. Ferrin claps once while standing up. How do we contact you once we find something interesting? And can we enjoy this fine evening before departing? He smiles - particularly in Lady Lightsong's and Ophine's directions.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

As the entirety of the group has pledged themselves to help her, Olisandra makes the wooden puppet clap instead of herself, but her wide grin and bright eyes are more than enough to assure any doubts that she isn't genuinely happy. She says, "Ah, most excellent! It would seem we have stuck an accord." Answering Ferrin's first question, she continues, "We will remain here for the next ten-day, continuing to keep our maintain our cover. Should you need us, simply tell Gai that you've brought new puppets for Lady Lightsong." She points towards the stairway you descended, referencing the bulky man who you had each gotten past with your invitations. To the man's second request, she gives Ferrin a wry grin, and answers, "I do believe your companions wish to set out as soon as possible. Though I wouldn't refuse some conversation over drinks in the tavern above. Speaking of setting out, I can give you directions to the Tinfellow farm. It's a few hours by wagon or on horseback, and perhaps a half-day's march." She disappears behind the screen again and comes back out with a small table and a scroll. She sets the table down and unrolls the scroll above it, and points out the common road taken from the roadhouse to the farm, which is nestled within the similarly named Tinfellow Valley, which is just north of the Cormanthor Forest.
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Travelling by night is a danger in and of itself, at least for people without night vision, like some of my fellow friend here. Speaking of special qualities, what are you people really good at? Guro finds tracks easily, Ophine seems to be some kind of shaman, and I am a paragon of humankind. Quick, extremely good-looking and clever. Well, street-wise. Those pompous asses at the mage's guild said I was a slacker and a philanderer. He sighs deeply. Well.

13. - Top - End - #43

Guro

Ferrin is right. I am eager to see what tracks remain, but it would be best if we leave by daylight. He turns to the man, I am good at tracking, yes. I know my way through the wilderness as well. I can get us there as quickly as possible, and without delay. His countenance turns grim for a moment, If it comes to it, I am no stranger to combat.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

"As for my talents - time will reveal this to you, but in general fate is on my side"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Ferrin smiles a smug grin. If the tracker cannot leave until morning, we really should not stumble about in the dark. He turns to Lady Lightsong. I know a gentleman does not beg but could you give us some money now? I am kind of broke , that is why I went here in the first place. He tries a puppy dog pout.

Quote Originally Posted by Xantin Rahl View Post
    "As for my talents - time will reveal this to you, but in general fate is on my side"
    Lady Luck has found her way back to me after abandoning me in the past. Hopefully she will continue to bless us with her presence.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Ophine frowned slightly and retrieved the pouch of money they'd be given earlier. She pulled out Ferrin's share (that is, six gold, six silver, and six copper), stepped forward, and pushed the coins into his hands.
    "Here is yours, Ferrin. Spend as you will."

She stepped back, her staff clacking on the floor as she turned back to the others.
    "As for my capabilities... I am of beast and leaf; I carry forth their forms and blessings." She gave a small shrug. "I have no objections to leaving in the morn."

Once they go upstairs, she shares out the rest of the money equally (minus Ferrin having got his).

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"I'll prefer preparing for the travel now and and move today- But, if the rest of you think a night's rest before the journey is needed, I won't argue. I know the importance of a good rest before moving out through a rough path." Zilo puts on his backpack, making a quick, heavy stomp foward as he puts it as a way to counteract the backpack's weight, else it might cause him to fall backwards.

"If we do stay here for the the night however, we'll need to pay for rooms. One for the men, one for the women, right?" He asks, ready to head upstairs with everyone else.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Ferrin looks at the measly pile of gold before him. He looks displeased. I thought it is 35 pieces PER person. Not that I want to drain your ressources but we are looking at a potentially life endangering job here, and 7 gold is what a local farmer would make in a ten-day.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am seriously thinking Awful made a mistake but I incorporate it as RP for now. Also just because Ferrin wants to drink and party a bit doesn't mean I don't want a time skip to the more action oriented parts. :)

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

The elven woman shakes her head and 'tut-tuts' at Ferrin's remark, though her facial expression remains amused and jovial.
    "We are not made of gold, as you have probably noticed, and unlike the farmer working for a ten-day, you haven't done any work yet. Rest assured that you will get 60 gold each when the job is done."

Spoiler: The Advance Payment
    Show
    It's weird, but that's how it's written. She pays the party 40 gold for expenses, but pays 60 gold each upon completion.
    Last edited by WhismurWanders; 2018-09-19 at 01:49 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

"I would stay with you lot and gamb;e a bit but that would be so unfair" - says Miras smiling under his nose - "Ill go to sleep I want to venture out as soo as possible - Ferrin try not to be to laud at night - I know it will be .... hard" - the double entendre can be heard in Mirasses voice

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Detective View Post
    [COLOR="#0099ff"]"If we do stay here for the the night however, we'll need to pay for rooms. One for the men, one for the women, right?" He asks, ready to head upstairs with everyone else.
    Sigrid nods at that while pocketing her own share. She then spoke to the group in her usual level tone. "We should leave at the crack of dawn, so I'm going to get a good meal and then head off to bed. Now, if that's all, I want to try that roasted beef I've heard so many good things about upstairs. I'll find our room once I'm done."

Without further adu, the armored woman made her way upstares intent on getting her meal.

22. - Top - End - #52

Guro

Guro steps forward and touches his forehead to Lady Lightsong's. He holds the contact for a moment before stepping back, We will discover what happened to your friends. I will see the rest of you at first light, he says before heading back up into the common room.

Spoiler
    Show
    Guro does not need much in the way of accommodations. If possible, he will just sleep in the common room.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Normally I'd laugh at such a paying arrangement. However you have a reputation for actually going through with your end of the bargain, so, I guess we should drink and eat and be merry for a difficult few days could lie ahead. With these words, Ferrin joins his allies back in the tavern.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xantin Rahl View Post
    "I would stay with you lot and gamb;e a bit but that would be so unfair" - says Miras smiling under his nose
    "eh, I'll like to wager against that with my own luck!" Zilo says with a smirk, taking his share of gold and puts in his pouch, leaving just one gold coin in his hand. "And if we are indeed staying the night, might as well put the coins into some good use." With the gold in hand, he walks upstairs to see if he can make a quick gamble or game of chance with it, before heading to bed.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

As you each make your way back upstairs, you pass Gai as he lets you move through once again. Olisandra follows you all back upstairs, exchanges a few words with Gai, and slides into a secluded booth in the corner of the room. The tavern seems to have quieted down a bit while you were downstairs, but some familiar sights are still around. The dwarf playing dragonchess against an elf is looking quite nervous indeed, and his companions are all snarkily joking about how he's bound to lose soon. The half-orc and the genasi seem to have settled their competitive spirits and are chatting with one another. The drunken elf who had attempted to flirt with Gai is slumped over the bar, somehow able to sleep while perched upon a stool while a small bit of his drool pools on the counter. At least someone was kind enough to cover his shoulders with a blanket. Lucinda is still behind the bar, and is currently settling a tab with some halflings who were drinking earlier.

Sitting at one of the central tables is a new addition to the evening's guests; a group of 4 humans are sitting in a circle playing some sort of card game, and the occasional clinking of coins can be heard amongst the occasional outbursts of good and bad luck the players seem to be experiencing.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Ferrin whispers to Miras. You think you could help me win here? pointing at the card game involving gold.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Seeing the group of humans playing cards, the halfling hastily walks towards the table. "Two questions: What game are you playing, and is there room for one more?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

No insight to spot people lying, and no proficiency in card games- This is going to end "well" for Zilo

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Ferrin whispers to Miras. You think you could help me win here? pointing at the card game involving gold.
    Its not good to use the Lady,s luck on trivial matters - there are easier ways to get rid of your gold, also weren't you going to spend the night with our employee

29. - Top - End - #59

Guro
    Level 3 Ranger | HP: 28/28 | AC: 22

Guro, not needing any elaborate provisions to stay the night, attempts to negotiate a stay in the common room. Once he does, he is eager to get sleep in and be ready for the next day's journey. He finds a spot somewhere off to the side, and lies flat on his stomach. Once in position, his head and limbs are pulled into his shell, and little flaps on his backpack fall into place over each hole to provide shelter from any light or breeze.

Spoiler: Sleep!
    Show
    Guro sleeps in his shell!

Action - Shell Defense

+4 AC
    Advantage on Str/Con Saving Throws
    Prone
    Speed 0
    Disadvantage on Dex Saving Throws
    Can't take Reactions

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Detective View Post
    Seeing the group of humans playing cards, the halfling hastily walks towards the table. "Two questions: What game are you playing, and is there room for one more?"
    One of the men, sporting a salt and pepper beard, turns to Zilo to answer his question as a woman tipsily stands up and walks away from the table. "The game's Two-Headed Ogre, and a seat just became available." He collects the cards and begins shuffling them. "You ever played before?"