New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Into the Tidelss Expanse IC

Ivory gets a few odd looks, several different variations on “Shut up and go away,” varying from overwhelmingly polite to downright rude.

It was only when she sat at her own table, holding a drink and wondering where everything went wrong when she was approached by another Tya who had also just arrived. Her dark blue coat was open to reveal a cream colored silk blouse held closed by a silk cord threaded through the closures. Black boots over her trousers ensured her propriety, and she completed her outfit with an oversized black hat. She does not bear the markings of a Tya, and yet seems to be respected well enough by the other Tya that she is uninterrupted as she walks over to your table, sweeps off her hat and asks if she can join you.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

Please, by all means Ivory says I'm new here, my name is Ivory Sheild.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

With a dramatic flourish, the woman sweeps her hat into a deep bow.

“I am Melithec. Mel to my friends, dangerous to my enemies!”

The woman sits down and motions off to the side. Presently there is a brown bottle placed in front of her, and the woman pours out two drinks into glasses. She hands one to you.

“So. What brings you to this little patch of sunshine?”

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

Ivory studies the new arrival with both their normal sight and Shark Sight, sitting up a bit straighter and thinking again how they really need to get around to letting their hair grow back

I'm with a ship, the Untamed Tranquility, we're offloading cargo. they say Myself, I was looking to find more of my own kind, Tya are not so numerous where I come from. Though I suppose it's inevitable Pale Ocien is going to want to go poking around that new island. they grimace as Lunars are wont to do when they think about the next mess they're going to have to pull their Solar out of.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Even as Ivory speaks, a ruckus has developed at the inn next door.

The SaltClaw barbarians weren't happy with their latest dish, and made their displeasure known.

Pale Ocean got up from the table to smooth things over with the establishment, and silently prayed to the gods that he'd be able to smooth things over before he got punched in the nose, and have the others bail him out. It was so embarrassing the way that they looked at him when trouble started, especially Ivory.

"Now please, I'm sure we're all reasonable people...."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Couldn't resist taking up Ivory's last post tempting fate . Feel free to just have this as a bit of flavour. Don't want to disrupt flow. Happy to have this handwaved or roll, whichever you like.

I don't really have anything else I want to do before setting off, apart from grabbing supplies and maybe some thaumaturgical texts.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Just great, Mantis thought as she moved so that she could intervene if needed, but letting Pale Ocean take point. They were his crew after all, even though they helped out a lot on the ship. They were good sailors, but not used to larger cities. Well, they would learn quickly enough.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

“The island you say? Well then perhaps it is fate we are here together now. I will be heading that way myself come morning. What do you think caused the island to appear?”

Fortunately, the ruckus is easily solved. It only costs the price of the food, the drinks, and the plates and bowls the crew broke.

After settling the bill, Pale Ocean is politely asked to leave, and to take the barbarians with him.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Mantis made a note to speak with Pale Ocean and his crew the following day, but as soon as they were gone, she went to the innkeeper to get another round for the rest of the crew.
    "They're good sailors," she explained, "great on the sea, but they still have to learn something about elementary etiquette."

She slipped the innkeeper a little extra to keep him happy. She wanted to be able to come here again without too much hastle. Then she went back to the rest of the crew.

"Let's not make it too late today. We have the offloading and reprovisioning to do tomorrow morning and I don't want to leave too late."

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

Ivory shrugs I think its a Fae trick to lure unwary treasure hunters. Back home they'd have said it was Pasiap turning over in his sleep. they look at the woman again, trying to guess her profession Is that why you are heading there? Looking for sunken treasure?

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

The White Paws left with all the rest. He was kind of quiet, maybe because he felt a little embarassed about this whole situation with ruckus?

- Maybe let's just return to our ship? - he finally broke his own silence - We have there everything we need, and to be honest, this whole tawern stuff did not shred any light on the island. We are better off whatever.
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Sure, go ahead," Mantis said, "but I first need something to eat that isn't hardtack. I'll see you back on the ship."
    When they were gone, she ordered something to eat. She hadn't been lying that she wanted something other than ship's fare for a change.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ben_nbtmn View Post
    Ivory shrugs I think its a Fae trick to lure unwary treasure hunters. Back home they'd have said it was Pasiap turning over in his sleep. they look at the woman again, trying to guess her profession Is that why you are heading there? Looking for sunken treasure?
    Melithec smiles. “Not at all! I merely seek adventure wherever I can find it!”

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Pixie in the Playground

Then I wish you the best of luck. Ivory raises their glass in salute.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

"And to you as well! May we both find what we seek!" Melithec drops a few pieces of silver on the table as she stands up. She then sweeps her hat up and with a flourish dons it. And with that done, the woman departs.

The Tranquility set sail this morning into a decent tailwind, but several hours from shore the winds changed direction suddenly, turning strong headwinds and bringing with them the appearance of storms on the horizon. Progress was slowed as the winds began gusting over 15 knots. As late afternoon approaches, you find yourselves standing on deck, looking into an oncoming storm. A storm which is, against all logic, approaching you against the winds keeping you from making progress to your destination.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Mantis went on the quarterdeck, where Pale Ocean was directing the fight against the storm.
    "What do you think," she shouted over the wind, "A storm mother getting angry because there is an Island in her territory now? Can we get around it, approach from the other side?"

16. - Top - End - #76

OrcBarbarianGuy

Pale Ocean stands stoically at the wheel, his breather vine with golden leaves now wound around his neck to protect him in the event of being thrown overboard. Several times in the past he had been saved, mostly by Ivory, from going over the railing after some heavy lurches in past storms, so it never hurt to be prepared!

"I've been doing what I can, but this is not natural weather! It even seems to resist the power of the Wind Jewel! There's one more thing I can try, but it might make our nature somewhat obvious, if only for a short while, to whoever or whatever is causing this storm. If we're all prepared for that I'll do what I can!"

Pale Ocean turns away for a moment to yell instructions over the storm that send the SaltClaw sailors shimmying up the rigging with catlike grace to trim the sails.

"The storm seems to be coming straight at us. Not sure we can go around! Maybe the Island doesn't want visitors!"

Show

Wind Jewel lets me summon a moderately strong breeze to help/hinder a ship, adding/subtracting 10mph for a yacht or small cargo vessel like ours, or 5mph for a larger one. I'm assuming it hasn't been enough to make enough of a difference.

Thinking about using Perfect Reckoning Technique just FYI. Not sure how that would interact with this funky weather so thought I'd announce it beforehand to give Lentrax time to make a call.

Let me know what needs to be rolled to check to see if we are in Storm Mother territory (of course if we are, having Hidden Thunder's squeeze along for the ride makes things interesting )

Here's a roll for Int+Occult. It's -1 die if it's Lore. If it's something completely different, please disregard.

(6d10)[6][6][4][9][9][3](37)

Finally, not sure how the storm is approaching us against the wind if we have a headwind and it's approaching us from up ahead. The only way it'd approach us against the wind would be if it was approaching from behind us, no?

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

The White Paw followed after Mantis - Do what you can, or the storm will hit us. We would like to avaid that, no? - the Lunar said. He was not sure what to think of this whole situation, but well, he was a warrior, not a sorcerer. His concerns were different.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"From what I know about these things, which is not much at all," Mantis said, "we have basically two options. One: try to steer around it, one way or the other. Or two: if it is steered supernaturally, maybe my status as priest of the Unconquered Sun might help us along."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

You go ahead and call up the Storm God and we'll soon teach her not to mess with the Chosen Ivory mutters

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I don't think it works that way," Mantis said, "Actually I have not really a clue as to how to do that. I was just planning on flashing my anima and see what comes off it."

She made a mental note to check up on ways to deal with gods and elementals. Maybe even some immaculate books might help. The only god she had gotten in touch with was that Volcano god they wanted to sacrifice her to, and he hadn't been really all that talkative. He only said something about an oath and that he couldn't take her as sacrifice, but that was it. And she was quite sure if there was a god or anything behind this, they wouldn't have those same oaths going.

21. - Top - End - #81

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Well if we really want to call the Storm God to us, I think my fans might be able to help me get their attention. I was just going to use the essence of the glorious Sun to perfect my navigation through this trial, but if you think a confrontation works better, I can give it a try!"

Pale Ocean wipes his eyeglasses clear of droplets, gazing out at the horizon as he tries to keep the ship steady.
    Last edited by Rattigan; 2018-11-15 at 11:22 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I don't think a confrontation is better," Mantis said, "but it is an option. We can best try your method first and if that doesn't work, we can always go for confrontation later. Anybody has any idea of what we might be facing? I must admit my knowledge of these things is rather limited."

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

- It's hard to be sure - said the White Paw after some thinking - but had it occured to you that maybe it is an innate trait of this island instead of a third party influence?

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

24. - Top - End - #84

OrcBarbarianGuy

Pale Ocean nods and spins the wheel to the side, tacking the ship into the wind, trying to squeeze every inch of speed from the steelsilk sails. His Caste mark glows bright as he calls on the essence of the Sun, standing firm at the wheel.

"Let this ship benefit from my Perfect Reckoning. May the Sun light our way!"

Show

Activating Perfect Reckoning Technique. We'll see if this does anything. If not, there's something else we can try

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

You pick up speed, but it becomes apparent after an hour that the storm is still gaining on you. The waves, usually calm this far out from shore, begin to churn, crashing against your hull, but with the aid of Pale Ocean, you avoid the largest of them, keeping them from crashing over the hull and onto the deck.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Doesn't seem to work," Mantis shouted over the noise of the storm, "time for plan B."

She channeled her essence through her anima, letting the big golden Mantis shrimp flash up above her, shining with the light of the unconquered son. She wasn't sure what would come of it, but it was an impressive display nevertheless.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

- You know - said the White Paw - maybe it's better to directly face the danger? If it is a rogue god or elemental, I an fight it. Are you with me? - he asked, getting a fightning stance, ready for the encounter.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

The skies begin to darken. Soon, the only light usable for you to navigate by is the light given off by Mantis's anima. Almost immediately, the seas begin to quiet, and the winds begin to calm. The winds carry to you a voice, a voice that promises both tempest and respite. A voice that howls, even as it gently sighs into your ears.

"I am bound by those that create me, yet even to them, I carry an oath older still. Speak to me thy demands, Lawbringers, and I will obey to the extent of my abilities."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Mantis turned to the others on the ship.
    "Apparently plan B worked, how about that," she said.

"What is your name and what are you," she asked, "and who are those creators you speak about?"

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

“Misherakai.”

Then the storm shudders, something that feels wrong for a storm to be able to do.

“I cannot speak of them. To do so would cause me harm.”

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!