New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Legacy of Fire SoP/SoM/PoW III: The Revengening

Khwaja Malak looks over the carnage, practically ignoring the man. He narrows his eyes looking back to the man. "Where are your fellows? How many others did you travel with?"

Khwaja Malak allows Radi to answer, then he says, "I will cast a few spells to get a sense of things..."
    Spoiler
    Show
    He casts detect loyalties, divine fate, & divine life.

He then looks over the scene to get a sense of what happened. "Goma, if I can have your nose to bear here, please?"
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

While the others inspect the caravan, Alssariq goes off on a quick circuit around the surrounding dunes to check for tracks coming and going.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Perception - (1d20+13)[18]

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

"Of course Khwaja, just let me know what I should be sniffing for."

"Pardon me a moment Radi, I'll do no harm to you." Goma says, trying to reassure the survivor. He takes a moment to assume his hybrid shape and begins sniffing around.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move action: transform into hybrid form.

4. - Top - End - #34

"Fresh scents of other people ... or humanoids. What they smelled like ... the rancidity of the sweat of bandits; menfolk or humanoids whose clothes might have spent more time in town, like fellow caravaneers, numbers of the same, and any other scent of interest."
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Rowan
    Show
    You get the impression that he really wants to travel with you, but whether it's because he thinks you're his safest path back to the capital or if there's anything more nefarious, you can't really say.

Spoiler: Water Prince
    Show
    Well, there had been a lot of wind yesterday (Akaash notwithstanding), so whatever tracks were made are hard to determine. His story seems to check out at least.

Spoiler: Malak
    Show
    You get a leading towards chaos rather than law, but since he isn't a particularly powerful being, it's hard to say with total certainty, but you're pretty sure he's not evil. His Loyalties are to, in descending order; Self, Money and Employer, but your divinations don't reveal who that is. He is in normal condition, but his story suggests that he got pinned under his mount and and knocked out as the beast bled on him, so he might need someone to make sure he doesn't catch anything.

Spoiler: 'Riq
    Show
    If there were tracks, they have since been swallowed by the shifting sands. It has been notably windy today.

Spoiler: Goma
    Show
    Before you ask, you don't smell any gnolls, but it has been several hours since the attack happened, and there is the odor of dead camel masking things.

Radi is in the middle of explaining that there was no other members of his caravan, just him and and his three pack camels, when Goma makes his transformation. He cowers behind Malak for a few seconds, but once it's clear that the giant feline man won't eat him, he calms down a bit, but he's clearly nervous.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sorry for the fright Radi. I just needed to sniff around." Goma explains.

To K-M, Goma quietly says "I couldn't smell any gnolls but the scene is very fragrant. Smell alone isn't going to confirm his story, though I do think he's on the level. Stranding yourself out in the desert with rotting bait seems a bit extreme."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

The Water Prince finishes roaming around and comes back. "I don't see any signs of the attackers, but the whole landscape changes with the winds."
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Akash nods, agreeing with the water prince. "I see no cause to not bring him."

9. - Top - End - #39

"Our water is a precious resource, Radi," says Khwaja Malak. "And you have squandered your own with your foolishness by coming into the desert alone. What is your family name, that we should expect a reward for bringing them their witless son back to them? I am the Khwaja Malak ibn Sulayman. Is your family in Katapesh? If so, pledge to me what reward we can expect, and if we find it acceptable, I shall pledge that we shall bring you to your family, regardless of any intervening circumstances."
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

He fully introduces himself as Radi Hamdi. He looks both very relieved and quite thankful and offers a 1,000 gp reward for bringing him in. He does confirm that he's based out of the capitol and has lived there his whole life, business trips like this not withstanding.

Spoiler: Goma
    Show
    You recognize the name. Radi Hamdi is well known con-artist. While not a killer himself, he's been known to lend his silver tongue to anyone with the right coin.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

When he hears the man's full name Goma has to stifle a laugh and tries to make it seem like a cough.

"Khwaja? A moment of your time to discuss this handsome reward?"

Once they are out of ear shot, Goma whispers "This man is an infamous...well shyster is the nicest thing I could call him. This reward is an obvious fake but the man has undeniable skills in deception and is known to lend his talents for currency. If we stay on his good side he may be of use later."

His piece said, Goma takes the others aside and informs them in a similar fashion.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Alssariq trudges back to the group. "Are we ready to get moving again?"

13. - Top - End - #43

Khwaja Malak nods and walks over to Radi Hamdi. "We accept your offer. Now, let me see your injuries that I may tend them."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not only will Khwaja Malak honestly look him over for Radi's health, but also to ensure that the injuries were consistent with his story.

He makes sure Radi gets some water and a little food, and it is time for us to be on our way.

To my knowledge, we have camels we are riding on, and camels that we are carting goods on. I doubt we happen to have spare camels. "I am sorry, Radi, we have no camels to spare, so try to keep up."
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Akaash speaks quietly to his allies, "Could he be bait for a trap? We best be cautious. If he acts suspicious, I say we render him unconscious first and ask questions later."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

The Water Prince looks at Akaash. "He might be the architect of a scheme, but doubtfully the bait for a trap. And, no, the idea that we waylay the unfortunate because of our own paranoia- justifed or not - is reprehensible. Trust me, if the sandal were on the other foot, you would never forgive. It's at that point such a person becomes a real danger."
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

16. - Top - End - #46

Khwaja Malak nods. "I agree. With the Water Prince. We will not outstrip his pace with the camels, and we will give him food and water as needed. But what may seem like a cruelty on my part is something that he can simply refuse to do and remove himself of the pledge. My distant, distant hope is that he will reflect upon his foolish choices that led him here. What you suggest is simply assault of someone that we are now taking under our care. We all seem to be in agreement that this Radi Hamdi should be watched like a hawk. But to act like brigands ourselves? No."
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

"Lets get on with it."

18. - Top - End - #48

"Oh, before we break from our huddle," says the khwaja, "he has no real injuries. No hematoma or bruising at expected areas. He doesn't even really seem dehydrated. So, heads on a swivel."

Khwaja Malak is ready to move.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Radi is able to get awkwardly in the cart, but it beats walking. He does his best to not draw attention to himself, whether that is due to him biding his time or just being afraid of you guys is hard to tell. The next few days provide very little in the form of entertainment or distraction, but eventually you reach the oasis that Becca mentioned would be here. Even though you jave a steady supply of water, the cooler air and slight foliage are a welcome distraction.

It's currently, about 1 PM; far too early to camp here, but breaking for lunch seems like a wonderful idea. What are you going to do?

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

As if charmed by a supernatural entity of incomprehensible power, the Water Prince says blankly and listlessly, "Breaking for lunch seems a wonderful idea."

He dismounts, looks around for predators, leads his camel to water (but I can't make him drink), and then will move off a little and have some water for himself.
    Current Games

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

After helping secure the area, Akaash agrees to a break for lunch.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Alssariq is more than happy to rest for water, but he can't help but wonder what something as valuable as an oasis was doing unguarded. He doubted he'd be getting much sleep tonight.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Rowan

Rowan will laze about the Oasis as they enjoy their lunch. Thinking fondly of the family he left behind.

24. - Top - End - #54

The khwaja will ask Shahrazad bint Ilanit to help by taking care of people's waterskins. For himself, he will discuss expected travel times and the like with Garavel while keeping an eye on Radi and the horizon.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

[[Sorry for the delay. I just went through a small move, but I'm done with that and should be much more reliable.]]

As you enjoy a refreshing lunch, Rowan notices a glint from the hills. Before he can mention it to his compatriots, a giant worm erupts from the sand and shrieks at you, preparing to strike!

Rowan acts this surprise round (Sorry Rafe, you rolled a 2. It happens). Then the worm attacks and you're free to act.
    Spoiler: Map
    Show

Direct link
    The purple circle with a lavender inner is Shrazad, gold with a blue center is Radi. Brown circle with a gold ring is Garavel. The other browns circles are the other miscellaneous guards that Almah sent with you.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Rowan
    HP 45/45
    AC 21

Feeling that he won't have time to shout out the alarm, Rowan lets his magic do the warning. A chant and arcane gestures sends a gout of flame at the unearthed worm.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Surprise round 5 ft step south east.
    Searing Blast Ranged Touch: (1d20+8)[25]
    Damage: (6d6+6)[31] Fire damage (ignores up to 10 fire resist)

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Rowan's blast lights up the worm. The worm, in turn, unleashes a spray of acid, doing damage to 'Riq, Rowan, Rafiq, and so it wasn't accused of only hating folks with R's in their name, Malak. Roll a 22 Reflex save of take 14 damage (save half),

On the plus side, it's now your turn!

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Rowan

Seeing the worm spray acid in retaliation, Rowan tries to dive out of the way.
    Spoiler: Reflex
    Show
    (1d20+8)[27]

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

After a quick heart attack from the worm's sudden eruption, Goma shouts and strikes out with his shield and fangs.

Spoiler: Combat
    Show
    Swift action: Encouraging Roar.
    Full round action: Full attack the worm.
    Free action: If any of the attacks hit, Goma will use an Armiger's Mark to give it -4 to hit anyone else.

Shield1: (1d20+13)[16], (3d6+10)[17]
    Shield2: (1d20+8)[27], (3d6+10)[18]
    Bite: (1d20+7)[24], (1d6+4)[10]

30. - Top - End - #60

Malak, whose body is screaming in anguish, steps back five feet and casts a healing spell on himself.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perform (oratory) vs. DC 20 (1d20+15)[17], cast cure for (2d8+5)[13]

EDIT: I failed the roll by 1 set of 2 (fractions dropped in Pathfinder), which means a -1 CL, so I heal 1 less point.

Assuming he is not hindered, he is able to heal almost all of the acid damage that he took.

He looks to Rowan, Akaash, and Shahrazad, "Any idea what this behemoth might be, and how best to end it?"
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2018-10-17 at 11:22 PM.
    Show