New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Heart soul and memory 4 A farewell to love (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    I mean, I think it'd have to be a store. You've got several inches, in a few places on Athena.
    "Oh yeah, duh, good point," Alice remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    ”Seems needlessly complicated. Why not just order someone to go do something here?”
    "We kind of need something I wouldn't normally do. Otherwise maybe it wouldn't be the magic making me do it," Alice answered.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    "Oh yeah, duh, good point," Alice remarks.

"We kind of need something I wouldn't normally do. Otherwise maybe it wouldn't be the magic making me do it," Alice answered.
    ”Are you saying my attire is so atrocious that it is more difficult for you to wear it than it is to, say, perform jumping jacks repeatedly?”
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

”Are you saying my attire is so atrocious that it is more difficult for you to wear it than it is to, say, perform jumping jacks repeatedly?”
    "Uh, I guess?" Alice says. "I mean, jumping jacks are something I don't really mind doing, but I definitely wouldn't dress as plain as you do unless I had to."

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh, I guess?" Alice says. "I mean, jumping jacks are something I don't really mind doing, but I definitely wouldn't dress as plain as you do unless I had to."
    ”Oh?” Athena says, smiling ever so slightly, “then start doing some. Now. I’ll tell you when to stop.”

Show

5. - Top - End - #185
    Colossus in the Playground

Not atrocious... Just not her... Would you dress like her? Ophelia asks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

”Oh?” Athena says, smiling ever so slightly, “then start doing some. Now. I’ll tell you when to stop.”
    Alice tiled her head in confusion. "Uh, why?"

Not atrocious... Just not her... Would you dress like her? Ophelia asks.
    "I think we all know the answer to that one," Alice chuckled.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Alice tiled her head in confusion. "Uh, why?"

"I think we all know the answer to that one," Alice chuckled.
    ”Because it’s apparently easier than putting on different clothes. So do it.”

Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

”Because it’s apparently easier than putting on different clothes. So do it.”
    "Uh, I think you're confused, because that doesn't make any sense," Alice said. "Besides, we were trying to help Ophelia, remember?"

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Athena sighs, and looks like she’s about to try and explain herself before sighing. ”Nevermind. Mock my choice of attire. I’m sorry it’s so offensive to you that putting it on is a fate so awful you would need to be charmed in order to do so.”

Athena takes another deep breath and heads off elsewhere into the house for some space.

Show

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Athena sighs, and looks like she’s about to try and explain herself before sighing. ”Nevermind. Mock my choice of attire. I’m sorry it’s so offensive to you that putting it on is a fate so awful you would need to be charmed in order to do so.”

Athena takes another deep breath and heads off elsewhere into the house for some space.
    "Mock? Okay, now I know you're confused..." Alice starts to say as Athena walks off, but trails off as the other girl leaves. She then turns to Ophelia and simply shrugs in confusion. "Weird."

11. - Top - End - #191

"Mock? Okay, now I know you're confused..." Alice starts to say as Athena walks off, but trails off as the other girl leaves. She then turns to Ophelia and simply shrugs in confusion. "Weird."
    Yeah, I'm not sure what she was going for.... Ophelia agrees in confusion.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Emma frowns, then follows after Athena.

"Hey Athena, it's okay," Emma said once she caught up with the other girl, "Alice didn't mean it like that... probably. No, yeah, she definitely didn't mean it like that. You dress fine."

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

As Athena repeats what the other student said, her voice in monotonous, before gaining emotion again as she speaks her own thoughts. ”’I definitely wouldn't dress as plain as you do unless I had to.’ Her words. How else am I supposed to interpret those words?”
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2019-03-16 at 11:15 AM.

Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

As Athena repeats what the other student said, her voice in monotonous, before gaining emotion again as she speaks her own thoughts. ”’I definitely wouldn't dress as plain as you do unless I had to.’ Her words. How else am I supposed to interpret those words?”
    Emma pouted, "Well, um, she tends to dress kinda flashy and revealing and stuff, and you... well, don't. It's not her style, but it doesn't mean it doesn't look good on you."

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    Emma pouted, "Well, um, she tends to dress kinda flashy and revealing and stuff, and you... well, don't. It's not her style, but it doesn't mean it doesn't look good on you."
    ”And putting on something normal for a minute would be so painful that she couldn’t possibly manage? Doing so would be worse than working out past the point of exhaustion?”

Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

”And putting on something normal for a minute would be so painful that she couldn’t possibly manage? Doing so would be worse than working out past the point of exhaustion?”
    "Well, she... a fashonista... girl?" Emma tried, before sighing and saying, "Okay, yeah, it doesn't sound good when you put it like that. But... well, no one else has a problem with how you dress. She's just being picky."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    "Well, she... a fashonista... girl?" Emma tried, before sighing and saying, "Okay, yeah, it doesn't sound good when you put it like that. But... well, no one else has a problem with how you dress. She's just being picky."
    ”It doesn’t really matter...” Athena sighs. “Sometimes I wonder why I follow this group around. Outside of you and Ophelia, I don’t feel any particular bond with anyone.”

Show

18. - Top - End - #198

Episode 8 Scene 10
    '
    But of course if Ophelia is going to test her charm powers. Alice is going to need clothes that fit her.

Which means, of course. The mall!

How are you going to find the best stores.

Spoiler: Opposed
    Show

Allure =You know from talking to people where the best stores are. +3 VP with Ophelia

Skill =You really know how to read maps. +3 VP with Ophelia.

Luck =You manage to stumble into the best store. +3 VP with Ophelia.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

”I think Alice would know the places to go better than any of us. If she can name the stores, I could probably plan a fastest route.”
    Spoiler
    Show
    Skill (+1), Honor Student (+2), Contingency Plan
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2019-03-22 at 09:29 AM.

Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Emma was good at picking out clothes befitting of a goddess like herself... but not so good at figuring out what regular people should wear. Her ichthyiod lower body eliminating the need for any clothing on the lower body did not help matters, as she was more mystified than anything else by the concept of things like 'pants' and 'shoes'. Sure, she knew on an intellectual level what they were and why people wore them, but being incapable of wearing them herself meant that seeing them out on display without anyone actually wearing them still managed to elicit a level of fascination from her.

"Hey, check these out!" Emma said, precariously balancing a pair of red high heels on the fins of her tail, "If I had feet these would totally match my hair! How do people even walk in these things though? The spikes seem like they'd throw everything off balance and- whoa!"

That last exclamation came due to a flick of her tail sending one of the heels flying into a display rack with enough force to knock several items off of it and onto the floor.

"Oops... guess I got a bit too excited..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Strong Luck, +1 total.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

"Don't worry darlings, I know my way around plenty well...and I'll be treating us today," Sam says, flashing a lovely smile. "Ooh I hope Mabel's working the B&N today, she always knows all the best new books that have come in..."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Skill. Strong 1+Honor Student 2+School Queen 2=+5. Graceful, Dazzling Display.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Despite Athena's assumption, Alice did not, in fact, know where best to go for this - after all, they were looking for clothes she wouldn't normally wear, which meant she didn't really pay attention to where to find them. So at first, she found herself wandering the mall, glancing at the various clothing places she normally went, trying to figure out which would have the most boring outfits.

Of course, her being her, wandering without paying enough attention to where she was going led to only one thing. "Woah!" she said as she slipped on a wet spot where someone had mopped recently and found herself tumbling into a nearby store. She came to a rest right next to the changing rooms it had for people to try on the store's clothes - and with the small opening the booths had near the ground on their doors, had a nice view of the boy inside, who was in the middle of changing into something very dull-looking.

After enjoying the view for just a moment, Alice got up, glanced around, and sure enough saw plenty of the sort of clothes they were looking for. She headed back to the store's entrance and called to her friends, "Hey Ophelia, this one looks like it'll do!"

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Strong Luck +1, Thaw Out +2, Accident-Prone +2, Peeping Tom +2 = +7 total.
    Thaw Out on scene 3/3.

23. - Top - End - #203

Despite Athena's assumption, Alice did not, in fact, know where best to go for this - after all, they were looking for clothes she wouldn't normally wear, which meant she didn't really pay attention to where to find them. So at first, she found herself wandering the mall, glancing at the various clothing places she normally went, trying to figure out which would have the most boring outfits.

Of course, her being her, wandering without paying enough attention to where she was going led to only one thing. "Woah!" she said as she slipped on a wet spot where someone had mopped recently and found herself tumbling into a nearby store. She came to a rest right next to the changing rooms it had for people to try on the store's clothes - and with the small opening the booths had near the ground on their doors, had a nice view of the boy inside, who was in the middle of changing into something very dull-looking.

After enjoying the view for just a moment, Alice got up, glanced around, and sure enough saw plenty of the sort of clothes they were looking for. She headed back to the store's entrance and called to her friends, "Hey Ophelia, this one looks like it'll do!"

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Strong Luck +1, Thaw Out +2, Accident-Prone +2, Peeping Tom +2 = +7 total.
    Thaw Out on scene 3/3.
    Oh, awesome! You're the best Alice! Ophelia beams, glomping Alice. Are you ready? She asks breathing to steady herself.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, awesome! You're the best Alice! Ophelia beams, glomping Alice. Are you ready? She asks breathing to steady herself.
    Alice grinned happily. So Ophelia was going to try charming her before they picked out the clothes? That was even better than she'd hoped! "Definitely! Ready and very willing," she said with a wink, taking a step forward so that she was standing very close in front of Ophelia, ready for the other girl to lean in and kiss.

25. - Top - End - #205

Alice grinned happily. So Ophelia was going to try charming her before they picked out the clothes? That was even better than she'd hoped! "Definitely! Ready and very willing," she said with a wink, taking a step forward so that she was standing very close in front of Ophelia, ready for the other girl to lean in and kiss.
    Go... with what's natural... Ophelia starts, relaxing as she poses her hands like it's a frame infront of her. Focus..... She tells herself.

She leans forward pecking Alice on the cheek, and a spinning pink heart appears over Ophelia, seeming to bathe her in pink light.

You want to find scholarly clothes, you hate the outfit you're in, you need to switch immediately, you're dressed way too revealingly.

[Alice, thanks to Ophelia's affinity being love, and Alice having a love bond to Ophelia, Alice does not get a chance to resist]

Alice you are dressed way too revealingly right now!

But you're in the perfect place to fix it!~

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Go... with what's natural... Ophelia starts, relaxing as she poses her hands like it's a frame infront of her. Focus..... She tells herself.

She leans forward pecking Alice on the cheek, and a spinning pink heart appears over Ophelia, seeming to bathe her in pink light.

You want to find scholarly clothes, you hate the outfit you're in, you need to switch immediately, you're dressed way too revealingly.

[Alice, thanks to Ophelia's affinity being love, and Alice having a love bond to Ophelia, Alice does not get a chance to resist]

Alice you are dressed way too revealingly right now!

But you're in the perfect place to fix it!~
    A brief look of disappointment flashes across Alice's face when Ophelia just pecks her cheek instead of kissing her on the lips, but it's quickly replaced with a blank expression. And once Ophelia gives her orders...

"You're right!" Alice said with an audible gasp, looking down at her own clothes. "What was I thinking? I can't be out in public looking like this!" she said, holding her arms in front of her chest, suddenly very self-conscious of the fishnet top leaving her bra so visible. She turned around and ran off to the clothing racks behind her, looking around for something more dignified in her size.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Athena gives a half smile at Ophelia's description of the clothing, but otherwise just quietly follows the group. At least she didn't hate how she looked, even if others did.

Show

28. - Top - End - #208

A brief look of disappointment flashes across Alice's face when Ophelia just pecks her cheek instead of kissing her on the lips, but it's quickly replaced with a blank expression. And once Ophelia gives her orders...

"You're right!" Alice said with an audible gasp, looking down at her own clothes. "What was I thinking? I can't be out in public looking like this!" she said, holding her arms in front of her chest, suddenly very self-conscious of the fishnet top leaving her bra so visible. She turned around and ran off to the clothing racks behind her, looking around for something more dignified in her size.
    Alice is fairly tall, give me a skill check DC 3 to find complimentary clothes that'll fit.

Athena gives a half smile at Ophelia's description of the clothing, but otherwise just quietly follows the group. At least she didn't hate how she looked, even if others did.
    Does Athena help look for clothes.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Alice is fairly tall, give me a skill check DC 3 to find complimentary clothes that'll fit.

Does Athena help look for clothes.
    (Yes)

Athena looks around and soon actually finds herself in the store that she normally got clothing from.

Show

30. - Top - End - #210

[roll me the same skill check]

Alice you can't find any clothes in your size, you're too tall and endowed. Who do you turn to for help?