New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 67: Shadow over Innside

Black Goat Park

That's disconcerting. One might as well ask, "How do you wake up from a dream?" Needless to say, Erasmus isn't quite sure. It's not something he does regularly. He decides that it might be that the forest has to let him leave, and so he pours some vodka out of his canteen as a libation for the forest. Maybe that will help?
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Market Street]

Ravanys walked the streets, glancing around slightly as she went. She stands just over six feet tall. Her horns curl at the sides of her head, like a ram. Her hair is pitch black, fell past her jaw, and very shaggy. She wears heavy boots, black cargo shorts, and a blue tank top. Her arms, legs, and shoulders have flame-like tattoos, bright orange and yellow, standing out on her dark red skin. She wore a couple belts, one over the other, both with pouches on them. One had a small device on the back, right over her tail. She also has a black leather eyepatch covering her right eye.

The tiefling carried herself with an air of purpose. She wasn't just randomly strolling. She was a woman on a mission.

That mission was a bakery.

Minutes later, she steps out with a large paper bag full of bagels.

With how much she stands out, Ravanys was used to people just kind of getting out of her way. Which might explain why she wasn't paying attention as she went.

So of course she bumps right into Zee. Bagels first.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #303
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Market Street]

A thought occurs to Zee, very briefly.

Why am I walking with my eyes closed? I'll probably run into someone.

But instead of doing something sensible, like opening her eyes, she collides with Ravanys instead.

Because of course she does.

Zee has no horns. Or tattoos. Or tail. Or anything else to distinguish her from all the other normal people wandering around. But what she does have is narrative attraction. The ability to form connections, to happen upon people, especially new people.

Like right now.

She stumbles back a few seconds, eyes flying open. "Oh gosh I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going and-" her eyes widen. "Oh no. Oh no no no. You... You're a-"

Hornhead? Demon? Monster?

Ravanys is probably use to all those slurs thrown her way. But she doesn't get one today.

"-an edgy new person! Quick!" Zee reaches into a pouch and withdraws a soft lavender iris. "Put this flower in your hair! You can't just be edgy on-screen or something might see you!" She thrusts the flower into Ravanys' hands, no doubt leaving the tiefling confused. In the span of time it takes to give the flower a befuddled look, Zee has already gathered up all the fallen bagels. "You're lucky I found you first. We've got to get to Market Street fast and get you a less edgy outfit! No time to argue, move move move!"

Ravanys may find herself caught in the whirlwind of activity and simply swept along.

[Black Goat Park]

Oh, there are plenty of ways to wake up from a dream.

You just have to be lucid at the time.

But unfortunately for Erasmus, he's a bit in the dark on Dreamlands lore. Maybe he could consult one of his books?

Regardless!

Vodka is poured out on the path!

...the trees look a little tipsy all of a sudden, swaying the way they are.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2018-11-09 at 10:11 AM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

Black Goat Park

That didn't work. Erasmus reaches up to his shoulder and digs his claws into it, pinching himself almost hard enough to draw blood.

My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #305

[Market Street]

Oof. Ravanys really needs to watch where she's going. Running into people is just rude.

Damn. Sorry. Wasn't paying attention. She looks around her bag, and manages to get a solid look at the small woman before her. And then...well...

Her eyebrow rises in confusion. An edgy new...what? And then she's forced a flower! She gives it a confused look as well, but she doesn't quite have time to sort things out.

Wait, we're doing what now? She probably could resist this woman. Ravanys was almost a foot taller. But, for some reason, she found herself being dragged along into who knows what.

At least she still has the bagels.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

6. - Top - End - #306

Black Goat Park]

Ouch.

That really hurt.

Erasmus is still in the middle of a somewhat wobbly enchanted forest, though. One of the swaying trees looks to be bleeding. Weird. A really large tree, as it happens. Big enough that a person couldn't wrap their arms even a quarter of the way around the trunk. It looks like an oak, huge and gnarled.

[Market Street]

"A less edgy outfit," Zee repeats. "I also need to shop for baking supplies, but that's beside the point! This is an emergency! Dressing edgy will attract doom! Or maybe even way too energetic, friendly, chipper people! And both of those things would be awful!"

Wait...

Isn't Zee-

"So we need to get some color added to your ensemble. Or at least find some warmer neutrals! This is very important," Zee insists.

But...

But why?

Before long they're standing in the middle of a bazaar, booths surrounding them selling all sorts of clothing ranging from the mundane to exotic. And that's only the start of things. There are jewelry vendors, sellers of baubles, grocers, carts laden with spices. Even a guy making his way down the street with a basket full of cabbages. Zee keeps an eye on the cabbage guy, just in case a chase scene suddenly comes blazing through the market. "Your skin is that nice deep red color, so we need to decide whether a contrasting or analogous color scheme is going to fit you better. And to figure that out we'll need to learn more about you as a person! Since you're a new person your character might not be totally defined yet, but that's okay! There's nothing like screen time and dealing with weirdness to help knock off edges and polish someone to a nice shine!"

...what.

As they pass merchants call out to them, extolling the virtue of their wares. "Only the finest jewels for the finest ladies!" "Exotic perfumes to entice your heart's desire!" "Soft silks and cashmere, for a good price!"

7. - Top - End - #307

[Market Street]

Dressing edgy? Ravanys just tossed on clothes to go get bagels. She didn't care about style.

Lady, what the hell are you talking about?

And then they're surrounded by stalls! Clothes, jewels, cabbages. All sorts of stuff. Wait. Ravanys recognizes that cabbage guy. She's knocked his cart over once chasing down a target. Given the glare he's sending her way, he remembers her, too. Time to look elsewhere.

She adjusts her bagel bag and faces Zee.

Okay, seriously, who are you and what the hell are you talking about?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

Black Goat Park

Alright.
    This isn't working.
    Maybe Erasmus just needs some help. He first takes out the book he found on the bench, and then the one he received from the elf. There must be a way to combine them, but first, he writes to Lux.
    I managed to win your identity back. I'm going to try to figure out how to restore it to you.
    He then tries various things on the two books, such as pressing them together and interleaving them.

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #309
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Cave Davit]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Cafe Davit]

"A little more confidence please, Edict. It's unbecoming of you to show any nerves." Affy smiles, strolling over to a table and sitting himself down. He motions for Edict to join him as he reaches out with one hand to take a metal suitcase that rises straight out of the floor, setting it on the table in front of him. He could have had everything set up ahead of him but it's more fun this way, and he's allowed to have fun now.

What a peculiar notion - allowed to have fun. A legacy of his old self, perhaps, that he still has to consciously allow himself to enjoy this.

"Tell me, Edict, how far into your mind did Feia probe? Big strong dragon that she is, was she brave enough to peer into the depths of your psyche?" The smile widens, looking almost predatory in nature. No mind can keep its secrets from Affy if he doesn't want it to. "Do you remember the early days of KNAVES? Protecting my own thoughts used to be one of my greatest weaknesses. It used to torment me so, to know that others could break inside and rip out all my secrets on a whim. How much things have changed since then, hmm?"

The case is opened to reveal a pair of simple frames, rather flimsy-looking, rather akin perhaps to the sort of thing a certain other Professor would wear from time to time. "We are going to go with the safer method - which for once is the brute force approach. Unusual, I know. But to do that, I need to get in there." He leans forward, gesturing at Edict's head. "Make the link, redirect the spell, take all the pain for myself as you break free. Sound good?"

How far did Feia burrow into his mind? That's an unpleasant question, but one with a somewhat obvious answer given the person they're talking about.
    "She went far enough."
    Which is more or less a non-specific "there probably wasn't anything she didn't see and I hate it".
    But was there anything worth being particularly secretive about anyway, beyond the simple concept of mental sanctity?

Naturally.

This doesn't seem immediately relevant to breaking off the curse she placed on him, though.
    Presumably that is what these frames are for?
    Maybe he's musing about how deeply he can get himself into the shade's mind.
    "Hm. If am I going to be responsible for the curse breaking, this will work better in darkness. I will need to be able to draw in more energy, since I don't have that prior boost anymore."
    This presumably won't be a problem for Affidavit. Who needs lights?

Page is busy trying to find a corner to be gross in. She starts bleeding at some point, though the blood isn't going anywhere. Just seems to be...sliding around on that leg stalk, in vaguely finger-like motions.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

10. - Top - End - #310

[Black Goat Woods]

Bugger, must have been unclear. There aren't two books, only one. The original book Erasmus found was simply filled in.

And as soon as he opens Silva's book outside of the elf's domain-!

Pages come whirling out! Pages covered in ink! Pages that assembles themselves into the form of a person! A wood elf, dressed in leather armor and furs, made completely out of paper and ink. She'll reach out to take her book from Erasmus. "Umm... thanks for the help. I feel like an idiot falling for the elf's deal. And now I'm paying the price for it."

But hey!

At least she remembers who she was now! Even... if she's still a book. Just an ambulatory book.

[Market Street]

"Tiefling with an eye-patch, multiple belts, and dark clothing," Zee replies. "Edgy. Though I guess you're not strictly new. Newish? Newish sounds good. That's probably why you ran into me instead of me finding you."

This all makes perfect sense, honest.

At the next set of questions she smiles cheerful. "I'm Jezekiel! Most people around the Nexus call me Zee. Or at least the ones that remember me. I work the bar over at Trog's mixing drinks, making sandwiches, and baking pastries. I also occasionally save the Nexus, but I haven't done that for a long time since I came down with a really bad case of the deads. I got better, though."

Of course she did.

Then she takes in a deep breath, and slowly exhales.

"I know this doesn't make any sense. Someone wanted you to meet me. I don't know who or why, but here we are. I'm playing this all kind of fast and loose, just going with what my intuition tells me. And intuition told me we needed to get to know each other better. And the best way to that is by working together on the epic quest of acquiring a new outfit for you!" she declares, pounding one first into her palm. "There may be danger. There may be intrigue. There maybe be mystery. There may be fantastic this day only bargains! We won't know until we start, because every day is an adventure and every adventure starts as soon as you step outside."

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

Black Goat Park

"You're welcome. You wouldn't happen to know how to get out of here, would you? And, come to think of it, why are you still, well, a book?" Erasmus is actually confused by this. He never told her she was a book, and he expected her to simply change back, but that didn't happen.
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-11-09 at 01:04 PM.

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #312

[Black Goat Park]

"Well... this is the Enchanted Forest, a place of liminality, the edge of the Dreamlands," Silva replies, glancing around with eyes of ink and paper. "We need to find a threshold that leads back out to the Waking World. Normally you would need one that's already open, but I know how to open the way."

Well.

That sure is handy.

At the second question she sighs.

"That damn elf added 'is a magical talking book' to my story. So I remember everything, I have my identity back, but... I'm ensorcelled. I'm a faerie now."

Clap if you believe!

The forest still looms around them, dark, foreboding, and choked with brambles.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2018-11-09 at 01:41 PM.

13. - Top - End - #313

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Fay thinks for a second, silently discussing this, and then nods.

"I'll send a scout along to observe. I should get back to the base." Sophia suggests.

Fay gestures for Tauron to lead the way. I'm sure he remembers how to get back to the red zone and to his workshop from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Unfortunate Meeting

The KABAL goons aren't the only one to freak out for Nora practically jumps from her skin when she hears the voice. She throws her arms out to either side, summoning a large dome shield around the vehicle and them with a "SHIELD!" shout. As soon as the magic is cast, she hops right into the vehicle as well by grabbing the top and diving feet-first through an open window. "If you can make sure we don't die, then gogogo!"
    Unfortunate Meeting

As Nora and the goons dive into the car two massive wings appear, their span long enough to encircle the entire car. No one ever surrenders. Warnings are lost on your ilk. The voice declares as Nimix frantically types in strings of code. "I need like a minute!" He yells to no one in particular.

Therese is deadly silent, firing off a round of bullets at the wings.

Deadly force. Is that really necessary? The voice remarks dryly as the bullets seem unable to penetrate the wings.
    Then several golden chains shoot out from the wings and attempt to penetrate Nora's shield with sheer force. The chains that manage to force themselves through the shield will attempt to wrap themselves around either parts of their ride or the KABAL members themselves.

[In the Angels Nest]

He would actually. "Excellent." Tauron replies with a nod. "I shall guide you there then. We're going to be leave Inside and enter Outside, so be on your guard. The outskirts of the city are at least as dangerous as the red zones if not more."

And so he sets out towards Outside.

((I'll make a post in outside soon enough...))

[Intersection]

A huge amber colored hawk lands before the front entrance of Intersection and in a swirl of a green mist which envelops it, a purple-skinned woman now stands on all fours.
    She gets up and unless there is anything stopping her, opens the door. "Hey! I'm from VIGIL! Need to talk to whoever is in charge here!"

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

Black Goat Park

"There should be an entrance right here. This is where I came in." Erasmus gestures to where the gate to the park obviously isn't.

My Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #315

[Black Goat Woods]

Silva glances at...

Well.

The trail.

Then over at the bleeding tree and 'Hmm...'s

She walks up to the tree and knocks on it thrice. "May I please come in?"

Knock knock knock.

"May I please come in?"

Knock knock knock.

"May I please come in?"

With a groan and a crackle of wood, the trunk gives way as if it were a gate on a hinge. And beyond? The little green hill dotted with standing stones our heroes entered through.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground

Black Goat Park

But...
    Wouldn't that be come out?
    Well. Erasmus isn't going to argue with that. The door is open, time to return to the real world. "So you're back, although not quite to normal, what're you going to do now?"

My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #317

[Market Street]

Ravanys blinks a few times, confusion clear on her face.

Okay. She shifts the bag a bit. She was probably gonna be holding it for a while. So let me see if I got this. You think somebody wanted us to meet. For some reason or another. We meet. And the logical next step is to go shopping for clothes? Because what I'm wearing is edgy? She chuckles a bit, shaking her head slightly. Not the strangest thing I've heard of here. But close.

Ravanys considers all this for a moment, then shrugs a bit. Eh, sure. I'm running out of good socks, anyways. She offers her free hand to Zee. Name's Ravanys. Nice to meet ya, Zee.

And for the record, I just tossed on the first set of clothes I could find in the dryer today. This shirt isn't even mine.

It does seem a bit short on her.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

18. - Top - End - #318

[Black Goat Woods ==> Dunwich Park]

Rebo just scarcely manages to resist responding with 'I'm going to Disney World!' Just scarcely.

"I don't know... what I was planning on doing with the power I got from the deal," Silva replies. "Go out and try to make a name for myself. My family doesn't care for arcane magic. The only thing that matters to them is hugging trees and caring for woodland creatures. Esoteric knowledge isn't useful since you can't bind a bone or graft a limb with it. The backwards fools."

Sounds like she isn't a big fan of wood elve traditions.

"I heard this City was a good place to find adventure, so I traveled here. Somehow that elf knew I was looking for power. Offered it. Totally screwed me on the deal," she shrugs. "Live and learn, I guess. Thank you for helping me. I would hve been in bad shape if you hadn't come along."

[Market Street]

"That's about it, yeah," Zee replies with a nod. "But it wasn't a logical step, it was an intuitive leap! It's what occurred to me that I should do, so I did it."

See?

Perfect sense.

And with Rev's consent Zee gives a little whoop! "Yes! To the sock-monger!" and then turns and tromps off down the busy road. She does a pretty great job of weaving between people, in spite of how crowded the roads are and how unremarkable she is. Her enthusiasm is absolutely contagious and getting caught up in the adventure is easy enough. Even if there probably isn't such a thing as a sock-monger.

Zee stops in front of a stall with 'Sock-Monger' painted across the front. It has lots of socks. Socks in baskets. Socks on racks. Socks hanging from lines. Socks in drawers. Big socks, little socks, colorful socks, drab socks, socks with pictures and socks with solid colors. So many socks!

"Hi Phillip! I'm looking for socks!" she announces, all smiles and sunshine.

The man in the stall, a weathered fellow with deeply set wrinkles that get even deeper when he smiles back, regards Zee with equal parts astonishment and gladness. "Athena in heaven, do my eyes deceive me?"

Zee's grin grows a little wider as she gives her head a shake.

"Haha! Little miss Zee! You are alive and whole! By the gods, how long has it been? Seven years? And here you are, not looking a day older!" Philip the Sockmonger proclaims, stepping out of the stall to give Zee a hug. A moment later he releases her, extending a hand toward the tiefling. "And who is this lovely friend of yours, hmm?"

"This is Ravanys. Ravanys, this is Phillip. He's a sockmonger!" Zee proclaims.

"The best sockmonger in the Nexus," Philip confirms.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

Black Goat Park

Erasmus isn't sure that was much of an answer. "You're welcome." He resists the urge to say, "Think nothing of it," because she really should think something of it. He risked his identity for this lady.

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #320

[Market Street]

Sock-monger?

And she's gone. Ravanys rolls her eye, lets out a sigh, and follows the hyper woman.

She catches up with Zee in front of a stall that...

No.

No, this wasn't actually a thing. This couldn't seriously be a thing.

A stall. That only sells. Socks.

...it was gonna be one of those days, wasn't it.

Ravanys gives a slightly strained smile as she shakes Phillips hand. Nice to meet you. Hang on just a minute.

She finds a clear space and sets the bagel bag down. She opens one of the pouches on her belt and pulls out some kind of metallic contraption. She starts unfolding is till it becomes a basic square frame, a bit bigger than the bag. It's simple, but there's a lot of shiny areas on the edges. Ravanys reaches to the device on the back of her belt, and from it, pulls out a thin cable that she plugs into one corner of the frame. She sets the bag into the frame, gives a strange wave of her hand, and the bag disappears. No fancy special effects. Just gone.

Then she unplugs the cable, folds up the frame, and puts it away.

There. Hands are free. Time for socks.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

21. - Top - End - #321

[Dunwhich Park]

Silva waves and turns to leave, thinks better of it, then tears a page from her book and holds it out to Erasmus.

"You're a summoner, right? I'm not exactly mortal anymore, so the rules that apply against not summoning mortals don't apply. If you're ever in trouble and need my help, use that as a focus for one of your summoning spells. I'll do what I can."

Oh HO!

Well!

That's actually a pretty solid reward for a summoner, isn't it?

"Don't say thank you, I might count as a fae. Not sure. Be well!"

And off she'll go, book under one arm.

Erasmus' quest is complete.

[Market Street]

((Kid you not, Rebo found a store IRL that sold only socks whilst on vacation recently.))

"Well, my dear," Philip begins after the technological bag of holding is put away. "What sort of socks are you in need of? As you can see, I have quite the selection here."

This is true.

Many socks.

So many socks!

Some of those socks even look... magical.

Magic socks!

Zee, meanwhile, appears to have been distracted by something colorful and promptly vanishes into the crowd. She's probably just giving Rav a few moments to make her sock selections without TOO much interference.

22. - Top - End - #322

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Autumnal Equinox Ball

Naku and Ithuriel

Well I do hope you make plans. It would warm my heart to have brought such a pair together through my little ball. He says with apparent sincerity. Our ball may be ending but the night is still young, after all. He gives the pair a wry smile. Still, don't let me hold you up any further. You don't want to listen to an old fae talk all evening. Apparently they're dismissed.
    AEB: N&I

"I will need to inquire of my Lady, but I believe my evening to be free.
    The meal was lovely."
    Naku attempts to thank without thanking, standing, though taking Ithuriel up on her offer of a hand up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [AEB N&I]

Ithuriel smiles and stands, offering a hand to Naku to help her up. "It has been a most pleasant evening, th-" Her eye twitches as she just about manages to catch herself in time. What a poor way to end the ball that would be! "The boys back in the station are going to be very jealous. You'll have them asking for a dozen tickets next year!" She chuckles lightly.

"Ah, my Lady!" Ithuriel turns to her companion, "May I see you out?" Assuming Naku is willing, she'll walk out with her, preferably hand in hand.
    "Of course. I would be honoured." Naku says, taking the hand, and walking out with Ithuriel.

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Bayt Alshay

Iamar blinks. That was... how did one even respond to that? "I... I am sorry to hear of that. I would not wish famine on any," she eventually manages. "I hope things improve there soon."
    Bayt Alshay

Well, that was almost awkward. But famine is . . . well. It's not an incorrect way to view what happened.
    "I appreciate your kind words." Naku manages in reply. "I, also, hope conditions improve." And then she falls silent into the devouring of her food.
    Last edited by Mee; 2018-11-10 at 03:38 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

23. - Top - End - #323

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Autumnal Equinox Ball

Ivaz and Anulhi

So distrusting for one so young. Eiriol says sadly. You're here at the most fantastic ball of the season and you're so afraid to have some fun? She didn't actually refute any of Ivaz's suggestions. It's probably fine though. How much more indebted can you get, afterall?
    [Autumnal Equinox Ball]

Ivaz actually laughs at that. Ha! No, no, I'm all for having fun. On my terms.

She leans forward a bit, changing up the view of her dress.

Now, see, if you wanted to drop all this debt **** and actually cut loose? Sign me up for that. She gives a wide grin, then takes a swig from her flask.

Did...did she just offer a deal of her own?

--------------------------------------------------------------

[Market Street]

Ravanys seems to be taking the sock shopping kind of seriously, actually.

Looking for ones that'll last in heavy boots. She brings a foot forward to indicate what she's talking about. A lot of walking and running and stuff.

She doesn't seem to have noticed Zee leaving yet.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2018-11-10 at 06:27 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #324
    Halfling in the Playground

[Cafe Davit]

"Ah yes, of course. It's not like I really need the lights, it's just more, mmm, thematically appropriate." Within a moment the lights go out, shrouding the cafe in darkness. "Well, that and you get less customers in the dark." Affy picks up one of the frames and sets it on his head. "Well if she was so intrusive, at least you know what you're in for. It's not like I need devices like this for what I'm trying to do but this is, mmm, something of a safety net I suppose? Any signal can be distorted, interfered with, cut off in some way. A physical connection between us ensures that our minds will be securely locked together for the duration of this."

What a delightful thought. Edict and Affidavit with their minds forced together, surely a place where only healthy and productive thoughts would emerge.

"I will need to traverse your mind insofar as is necessary to ensure that every last little drop of pain from this is going to come my way instead of yours. Feel free to close off as many doors as you see fit, but I will open what I need to, to make sure of this. So...when you're ready." He nods to the other frame.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

25. - Top - End - #325

[Market Street]

"Ah, you are a woman of action, then?" Philip replies with a solemn nod. "I believe I have just the thing, miss. Behold!"

He holds up-!

A pair of socks.

Because, I mean, seriously? What else was he going to present to Rav? A starving ferret?

"Wool blend, thick, breath well, good padding for boots to prevent blisters, yes? But! Most importantly! Giant spider silk woven in! This gives them the strength of a hundred socks!" Philip declares, making a show of yanking on the sock from both sides with all his might! It stretches, as a sock should, but comfortably returns to its proper shape.

Hmm.

Those are some pretty nice socks.

BUT WAIT, WHAT'S THIS!?

Zee returns!

With food!

She has a pair of wooden skewers with long strips of dark orange meat run through them. They have a smokey, slightly sweet smell to them. Zee sloooooowly extends one arm toward Rav, her grin growing just as gradually. "It's smoked salmon," she declares. "On a stick."

They say her smile grew three sizes that day.

"They're fish-sticks."

26. - Top - End - #326

[Market Square]

Ravanys will take a sock and inspect it herself. Hm...they did feel comfy enough, and they definitely seemed strong...

But then there's a Zee. With a terrible joke.

Heh. Ravanys smirks a bit. So now they're salmon stakes?

Get it? Because wooden stakes?

There's a reason Ravanys does bounty hunting instead of stand up.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

27. - Top - End - #327

[Market Street]

Zee's smile wavers slightly, the edge of her lips twitching.

A strangled noise escapes from her throat shortly before-! "Haah *snort* hehehehe! Salmon stakes! That's great!"

Apparently Zee disagrees with Ravany's assessment of her sense of humor.

"But really, try one!" she says, waggling it at her new friend. "They're delicious! I love street food, it's pretty much the best. Except when it's the sort that is actually scraped off the street, then its bestness drops by, like, three orders of magnitude at least."

She glances over Philip. "Did she pick some socks? Do you want a, hehe, samlon stake?" Zee inquires, scarcely managing to avoid lose it again.

Philip waves off the free food. "She did, miss Zee, or at least she is considering. The spidersheep socks."

Zee gives a little 'Ooh!' "That's a great pick! You should totally pick those ones, Ravvy, they are the best adventuring socks! They're the ones I use and not one blister ever," she proclaims, nodding sagely.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2018-11-10 at 11:08 PM.

28. - Top - End - #328

[Market Street]

As Zee breaks out into laughter, Ravanys chuckles a bit.

Then she nods a bit. Alright. Guess these are the ones to go with. She'll buy a few pairs of the socks. Always gotta have a bunch of socks.

Once that's done, she'll gladly take one of the offered stakes.

Hey. These are pretty good.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

29. - Top - End - #329

[Market Street]

"An excellent choice! That will be-"

An amount of money.

The price is a little high for socks, but they're GOOD socks.

Zee, meanwhile, is gnawing at her own snack. "I know, right? I got some cuts of it fresh to make lox for the bagels at Trog's. And a few extra slabs of the smoked stuff. I'm going to get my grocery shopping done yet! No one has been stocking anything while I was away."

"Except store bought sliced bread," Zee whispers, her left eye twitching slightly.

"But! That's secondary objective. Primary objective is getting you a few more colors," Zee declares as she sets off again once Ravanys has her socks. "You've got one of those quietly assured sorts of personalities, so I think analogous colors will work great! Terracotta tones and reddish purples. Maybe a shirt and a scarf? Or are you more partial to hats? The pants will make a good foundation, black goes well with basically any saturated color."

Is there a reason why she knows this? She's a barmaid.

They pass several more booths, including one selling hand made pocket watches and another loaded down with exotic daggers.

30. - Top - End - #330

[Market Street]

Ravanys seems slightly surprised at the cost. But...they did feel nice...

Eh, oh well.

She'll bring her hand near the device on her belt, hold her hand open, and a pouch of money appears. More than enough to cover the cost.

Ravanys then finds herself walking down the street with Zee, a bag of socks in one hand, salmon stake in the other. Not how she saw herself spending her day, but whatever.

The tiefling shakes her head a bit. I appreciate you wanting to help me get new clothes. But honestly? I'm good. I'm not really into fashion stuff. As long as the clothing does it's function, I'm good. And I don't need anymore at the moment.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS