New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 67: Shadow over Innside

[Abrajin's Library]

The woman makes a few more rounds circling the tree and calling out to someone that isn't there.

Eventually, though, her attention falls on the Scout.

And then she just...

Stands there.

Staring blankly.

One can almost hear the gears turning in her brain.

"I've lost my little lamb," she finally says as she approaches the scout. "Can you help me find my lost lamb?"

Oh, hey, that's a thing that can be done, right?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Titan in the Playground

[Industrial Strength Investigation]

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    Another regular morning seems to be rolling in at the Intersection precinct where Detective Michalson is stationed. Or at least, it did, until the Sergeant calls him into his office and closes the door, gesturing for the Detective to take a seat.

"Got a case for ya, Michalson. A group of 'em, actually, we think they're related," he says, taking his own seat. "Happened just last night. An entire factory floor stolen, along with an entire warehouse, and the contents of several shops in the business district. The entire shift that was on duty in the factory vanished along with all of the equipment. The warehouse was mostly empty, thank Prime, and the shops were too, but the whole thing probably has magic involved. I trust that won't be a problem?"
    "No, sir," Michalson says. "Matter o' fact, magic's my speciality. I should get to the dark o' this quick. What kind o' investigation is this goin' to be? How much backup do I get?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Forensics is already on site, and the scenes have been cordoned off, so you should have good access. Finding those missing people and figuring out their status is top priority. I don't have a lot of folks with your expertise, but if you want, I can send one of the rookies with you. I've got uniforms doing standard searches and interviews with next of kin in case anyone wasn't there whenever whatever happened, happened, and I'll keep you posted if they find anything, but you should be cautious. If it looks too big to handle, hang back, and we'll see if we can call in support from the tactical unit. Investigation and civilians come first, clear?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

Michalson nods.

"Aye, sir. If there's already forensics and uniforms there, I'll 'andle the investigation myself. I can leave as soon as I'm ready."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #1475

NinjaGuy

"Good," the Sergeant says, standing and nodding, handing over a thin file from his desk. There's barely anything in it yet; just the initial incident reports with the locations and preliminary names of those involved. "Still waiting for a good chunk of stuff to come back from the lab, so there's not much there right now, but you'll at least be able to get started with that. Unless there's anything else, you should get going."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Troll in the Playground

Abrajin's Library

The scout notices the woman for the first time.
    "Madame, you seem quite perplexed.
    What problem is it which has you vexed?

It didn't mean to rhyme.
    It just sort of slipped out.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Abrajin's Library]

The woman just kind of... stars at the Scout for a few moments.

As if she didn't quite comprehend what was just said to her and it is going to take some time to processes it.

"I'm lost," she tries again, her tone halting and hesitant. "I wasn't meant to be alone. I need to find my lamb."

Didn't the Scout encounter something that was almost, but not completely, wholly unlike a lamb a little while ago?

That might be what she's looking for.

But is it possible to go back the way you came?

Should the Scout check the door it came through, it will find it has been replaced with a metal door with a pushbar instead of a knob, a glowing green EXIT sign above it.

Hmm...

Probably not, then.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Titan in the Playground

Michalson nods.

"Aye, sir."

Without further ado, he'll familiarize himself with what information there's available now and head to the scene of disaster.

9. - Top - End - #1479

NinjaGuy

There's not much info in the files, just addresses and the name of the owners of the businesses. The factory apparently manufactured various types of cybernetics, since the term is in the name. The shops, at first glance, seem unconnected. Some of them cater to psychics, while others are known for selling magical reagents of one sort or another. However, one appears to have catered to both the cybernetic and magical markets at once. The report from the warehouse states that the owners are going through manifests to determine what all is missing; apparently, some of their records were taken as well. The only site missing people is the factory, which is a relief, though there are sure to be angry business owners on the phone to the department soon wondering about the status of the investigation. Probably best to be elsewhere when that happens.

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Ogre in the Playground

Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]