New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 67: Shadow over Innside

A book on a bench

Erasmus writes in the book.
    I'm going to try to get you out of there, but I need to know how you got in there.
    He is disturbed, but he wants to help this person more than he wants to run away.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Red Zone - Leaving VIGIL]

Sophia smiles at the answer.
    "I understand. We've had to learn the same lessons. Well, before my time."

Fay reaches out a tentacle to poke Tauron's outstretched upper left arm. What is this creature, really?
    In response to his questions, they only tilt their head for a moment, until Sophia hands over a paper pad and pencil so Fay can scribble out an answer.
    [Red Zone - Leaving VIGIL]

"A noble endeavor." Tauron agrees as he looks at her writing. "It will be a honor working with you." The machine-being nods politely. "Unfortunately, it might be most practical if you can come to me to my workshop as I have all my equipment there. It's just outside of Inside for anyone that wants to follow along. We could discuss the details there, but my overall vision would be one of a mediator. A great envoy for your people. How does that sound?"

Unfortunate Meeting

"It takes careful configurations! It's honestly quite complex, there isn't a single button you can press. You have to give it a long command string for it to do anything at all." He explains as he lets his fingers run over the keyboard, putting in a long string of letters into that singular text-box. "These things are only supposed to work for ethereals see. Had to reverse engineer it for us ordinary yolks to even be able to do-"

"Less backstory, more doing." Therese commands, giving Nimix a slap at the back of his head.
    "Stormy seas! You hag! I'm am working! Leave me alone!" He shouts back as he briefly turns to her.

The gnoll gestures after the quickly disappearing Faith. "Uh, was that good idea? She call cop on us. We be in biiiig trouble..."

"Everyone should just get back to the car, I will be able to teleport us all out in just a sec."

However, before they have been able to do much of anything a loud voice that is seemingly coming from everywhere at once echos through the room. HALT, YOUR UNLAWFUL PRACTICES HAVE COME TO AN END. PUT DOWN YOUR WEAPONS AND SURRENDER YOURSELF. There doesn't seem to be anyone around, but the voice itself is enough to make the KABAL-members panic and scramble towards the car.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-11-02 at 09:10 AM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

[A Book on a Bench]

Again, there's a slight pause for a few moments before a response begins writing itself. The script has calmed a bit, the shakiness less pronounced.

Quote Originally Posted by Book
    Oh thank the gods. I'm not sure where 'there' is. It's pitch black and everything I've yelled is just echoing around. But since you started talking the noise isn't quite so bad. Or maybe it's just easier to hear a new voice. I... I tried to make a deal with a daoine sidhe. Power for service, you know? I figured it was safer than cutting a deal with the devil or some awful tentacle monster. The payment they asked for... it sounded harmless, but they asked it a really twisty way and like an idiot I agreed. That thing took my identity. Left me with just enough to remember that I had been played. And then everything went dark. And I can't move. I have no idea what's going on or how much time has passed.
    Oh.

Well.

That's super awful.

How would you help someone who has had everything they are stolen?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Red Zone - Leaving VIGIL]

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    "A noble endeavor." Tauron agrees as he looks at her writing. "It will be a honor working with you." The machine-being nods politely. "Unfortunately, it might be most practical if you can come to me to my workshop as I have all my equipment there. It's just outside of Inside for anyone that wants to follow along. We could discuss the details there, but my overall vision would be one of a mediator. A great envoy for your people. How does that sound?"
    Fay thinks for a second, silently discussing this, and then nods.

"I'll send a scout along to observe. I should get back to the base." Sophia suggests.

Fay gestures for Tauron to lead the way. I'm sure he remembers how to get back to the red zone and to his workshop from there.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

A book on a bench
    Just another reason to keep away from strange fae magic. As far as Erasmus knows, the tentacle monsters are actually probably the safest to deal with.
    Erasmus is pretty sure now that mentioning the fact that the poor soul is a book would cause them to believe it and cease to exist.
    I'm not sure how to help you. I'm going to try a few things, and see what happens.
    He draws in the book, a detailed image of a dragon's talon, something he has a lot of practice with, since he uses the symbols to indicate different talon gestures in his arcane notation.

My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #246

[A Book on a Bench]

That might be exactly what would happen.

They believe that they're a book, then they are.

Fae magic does weird things with belief and reality.

It's why people who mess with it too much tend to lose their grip on what's real and start going a bit insane.

Um... okay. What are you d-HOLY CRAP! What is that!?
    Huh.

Apparently they can 'see' things drawn in the book? And 'hear' things written in it.

That's interesting.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

A book on a bench

You can see it?
    Good.
    Can you touch it?
    Do you remember anything about yourself, anything at all?
    Even the slightest detail will help.
    Erasmus is already rushing to a library to get books on anatomy and art, strapping the book onto his harness to bring it with him. Maybe he can draw a new body for this person to inhabit?

My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #248

[A Book on a Bench]

Rushing to a library, you say?

Well...

Unless you're talking about some kind of boring generic library, there are two libraries worth mentioning Inside. The Howard Philip Memorial Library (which has plenty of information on those aforementioned tentacle monsters) and Abrajin's Really Really Big and Possibly Infinite Pan-dimensional Library (which is exactly what it sounds like).

I can see it but... I'm not sure if I can move? I think I might be paralyzed or something. And details are hard, but I'll try. I know... umm... I know I tried to cut a deal. I asked to be a bearer of arcane knowledge and power. The elf thing said it did what I asked, but I'm not sure if it really did or not. There are these two really powerful spells constantly echoing in my mind, but I don't think I can actually cast them. Pretty sure I got conned.
    Well!

The book certainly bears arcane knowledge and power.

Sounds like the elf did exactly as asked.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

A book on a bench

The elf did exactly what you asked, just in the cruellest way possible.
    Suffice it to say, I can't tell you what that is, because I think that would make it worse.
    Do you remember anything about yourself? How many limbs did you have, for starters?
    Erasmus will go to Howard Phillip Memorial, although he's not looking for books on summoning elder gods right now. He's searching for more mundane information at the moment. (Of course if he needs to, he can work his way up to that)

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #250
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post

[Docks]

"Hrm. Yes, off we go."
    Preferably immediately. The little angel-headed monster is staring towards the door with a perverse sort of look.
    Edict doesn't really want to have to play through this foolishness again.
    [Docks]

"See you there."

Edict and Page are poofed away. Affy's little devices scuttle away.

And moments later, a were-yak bursts into the warehouse, brandishing his staff. A cluster of Intersection officers charge in with him, laser rifles at the ready...but unfortunately slightly too late this time.

Meanwhile...

[Cafe Davit]

It's a corny name, sure, but this seems to have become Affy's base of operations. As he said though, Edict and his freaky pink-mist-minion will find themselves just outside the door, currently being held open by a much more physical Affy-hologram.

"In you go. Quickly now." He taps his cane on the ground, a peculiar metallic sound resonating from it. "I assume you can keep your pet under control, Edict? I'll restrain it myself if I have to. But I won't be gentle."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

11. - Top - End - #251

[Howard Philip Memorial Library]

Oh boy, this will be an adventure.

Arkham Street is always a fun place.

The dragon will be regarded by more than a few well-to-do, well dressed humans with a look of disdain as he heads up to the library. The humans here have a very same-y appearance to them, for the most part. And they don't seem terribly hospitable to outsiders, especially ones they don't consider wholesome or pure.

What a buncha jerks.

Regardless!

Our hero will make it into the library easily enough. It's a rather nice Victorian era building, all steep roofs and towers, ornate wood molding, and pleasant patios. A spacious grounds is kept well manicured behind a little wrought iron fence. The gate is unlocked Erasmus will be able to step inside without trouble. The interior feels dark and cramped, the windows allowing patches of light here and there, though most of the illumination is courteous of dim, hanging lamps. Rounded archways, elaborate polished wood paneling, colorful throw rugs, and extravagant shelves packed with curious volumes dominate the interior.

There's a receptionist behind the front desk. Her eyes are wide and staring, her stark white hair slicked back and her complexion pallid. She gazes into the distance at the opposite wall. Should Erasmus attempt to speak with her, he'll find her wholly unresponsive.

That's... okay, that sounds ominous. And really terrible. Being honest here, I have no idea how many limbs I had before. I can't see or feel anything, except that... is that a claw? It was more distinct before, but now it's getting kind of hazy. I should probably be freaking out more over the fact that I can't remember what species I was before the elf did... whatever it did to me.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Howard Phillip Memorial Library

Erasmus ignores the librarian and moves off into the building, looking for books on appropriately gruesome topics such as anatomy, art, and fae magic. Maybe he can find something here which might help him free the unfortunate soul from the book.
    Yes, a claw.
    It's the easiest thing for me to draw.
    I'm trying to do research on your condition, maybe I'll find a way to get you out of there.

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #253

Autumnal Equinox Ball

Ivaz Ellrin and Anulhi

I'll be in touch. Eiriol says with a smile as Ivaz leaves. He hasn't seen the last of her. Are our offerings that offensive to you, Zavi? She asks innocently.

Anulhi will continue to be plied with drinks from Eiriol. She isn't paying her much attention right now but that's perfectly ok.

Naku and Ithuriel

Well I do hope you make plans. It would warm my heart to have brought such a pair together through my little ball. He says with apparent sincerity. Our ball may be ending but the night is still young, after all. He gives the pair a wry smile. Still, don't let me hold you up any further. You don't want to listen to an old fae talk all evening. Apparently they're dismissed.

Anchor and Alex

Within the week then. Meinir says with a smile. I've very much enjoyed your company. To find my forest, just <DIRECTIONS>. She puts her cutlery down, picking her serviette off of her lap and politely dabbing at her pristine mouth, before rising from her seat. She bows politely to Anchor and Alex, bows rather deeper to Lord and Lady Hier, before heading off toward the door and disappearing into the crowd.

It's... it's probably fine if you're not there literally within a week right?
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Autumnal Equinox Ball - Ivaz and Eiriol]

Ivaz gives a huge grin as she opens her flask. Offensive? Nope. She takes a large swig from the flask. Untrustworthy? Damn skippy. That glass is probably laced with something. Or it'll bind me to you somehow. I don't like being bound like that.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

15. - Top - End - #255

[Howard Phillip Memorial Library]

Not the Librarian!

The receptionist.

There's a really important distinction, there. Probably.

Hunting for a book in the library is rather akin to searching for a needle in a haystack. The building looks tall and narrow from the outside, but within it sprawls like a maze. Corridors looping back on themselves, stairs that lead to nothing but the ceiling, doors with sheer drops to the floors below, all decorated in lavishly polished wood art and illuminated by hanging chandeliers that that cast a dim, incandescent glow. There are shelves everywhere. Many are open, free to be perused. Others are locked with iron bars across the volumes, holding them in place unless one has the proper keys.

Finding a book on anatomy is easy enough, the first half filled with careful drawings of human cadavers, both with and without skin, displaying the musculature and bone structure. The second half details how best to tend to these various parts and how to build stop-gaps in the event of too much damage. Specifically for the purpose of reanimation. The book doesn't contain any information on the magic involved in reanimation, however. Which is probably why this particular volume isn't under lock and key.

There are plenty of books on art. Art is, after all, an important expression in the pursuit of the occult. Some of them are mostly mundane. Mostly. Artistic journals and collections of deeply unsettling woodblock reproductions of paintings. There's even one sketchbook filled with illustrations of wretched, hyena like humanoids. The book begins with a self portrait of a vivacious looking young woman. Judging from the notes, it appears to be a study on the appearance and habits of the ghouls, native denizens of the Dreamlands. Judging from the last few pages of the journal the author met a singularly unfortunate fate as a result of her study, judging from the final self portrait. She has gained a repulsively subtle, hyena-like countenance. A note is written below that she has decided not to return to the Waking World and what should be done with her personal collection. This book may be of particular interest, as it does touch on certain aspects of fae magic, particularly that used by the ghouls and other fae they regularly interacted with. It isn't a grimoire by any means, but tomes of that nature are likely under lock and key.

If Erasmus were interested in the dangerous books, he would probably need to speak with the Librarian.

Hey, thanks for helping me. I, uh, I guess I'll just wait here? Wherever here is.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground

AEB- Paddy & Faeries

Paddy smiles, and gets up. "Thank you. If I'd made my wives make the same oath, I probably wouldn't have had so many." Though an argument could be made that he'd have had less fun, as well. He'll get up, and help Derryth to stand, unless she waves away his assistance. He's far less on guard around her now, though he's still quite cautious because he's surrounded by fey. And from there, they'll probably go to Paddy's home. Do you wish to continue the scene there, or would you rather it be offscreen?

AEB- Jack, Feia, Kramolagh, Fae

Jack's quite glad of the back-rub, though she's not so queasy now. "Thank you, Maelynn. I'm feeling better now; you can stop." Oh, dear. Jack realises what she's just done immediately, but she was a bit distracted by exploding fae and vomiting to remember what her mother always told her about fae. Not any more, though; she's suddenly far less concerned about the vomit in the champagne bucket, and more worried about Maelynn.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Unfortunate Meeting

The KABAL goons aren't the only one to freak out for Nora practically jumps from her skin when she hears the voice. She throws her arms out to either side, summoning a large dome shield around the vehicle and them with a "SHIELD!" shout. As soon as the magic is cast, she hops right into the vehicle as well by grabbing the top and diving feet-first through an open window. "If you can make sure we don't die, then gogogo!"

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Howard Phillip Memorial Library

Erasmus is thankfully not interested in any more dangerous books. He takes what he's found so far, along with the cursed person-book, and looks for some sort of table, somewhat where he can study the two additional books while writing in the first. He is especially wondering if he could Somebody create a new identity and body for the trapped person.
    Alright.
    You don't know what you were, so what would you like to be?

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #259

[Howard Phillip Memorial Library]

There are, thankfully, quite a few rather ornate looking study desks scattered about he library. Plenty of places to sit down and do some study.

Now, our little dragon hero certainly has a noble goal, but how exactly does one create a new identity and body for someone? Especially someone who has lost nearly all of themselves and is now a magical book? A sticky question, to be sure. The little bit of tangential information in Angelina West's journal on the subject of ghouls reveals a few details about fae magic. First and foremost is the fact that fae fundamentally lack their own identities, so they gain them from human dreams. But what they really covet are firm identities. And many stories surrounding them involve fae trying to trick mortals into giving up who they are so the fae can wear the identity as a new mask.

Getting an identity BACK once it has been lost is hard.

Getting an identity back after it has been sold is even harder.

And from the book's account, it sounds like it sold its identity.

It was a raw deal, sure. But still a deal.

Umm... honestly I have no idea. I don't remember if I was male or female. I don't recall what species I was. I'm not even sure how old I was. The damn elf left me with just enough to understand how hosed I am.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Howard Philip Memorial Library

Erasmus pulls a gold coin out of his money pouch, and flips it, then thinks for a few moments before replying.

I'm going to try to create a new identity for you.
    You wouldn't be who you used to, but at least you'd be someone again.
    How does Lux Veritate sound?

My Nexus characters

21. - Top - End - #261

Several long moments pass before a reply is written.

I mean... that would be okay I guess? I wouldn't mind being who I used to be, though.
    Now isn't that an odd thought.

You're pretty much the sum of your biology and experiences, aren't you? Nurture and nature?

If you suddenly gained a new body and a whole new set of memories, how would you ever be able to tell that anything changed?

That appears to be the pickle our friend the book is in right now.

And then, just to make matters worse, Erasmus will hear a soft clicking sound coming from somewhere nearby. Careful. Discrete. But still audible. Cloven hooves on hard wood. Something else is moving around in the library, but the strange geometries of the place makes it nearly impossible to ascertain the direction. Is it coming? Going? Difficult to say. Given the nature of this particularly institution, something with hooves wandering around is likely a creature wholly unwholesome.

A devil.

Maybe something worse.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Erasmus wasn't actually trying to create an entire new person with a history, just a name and a body so that the book could, well, stop being a book.
    I understand
    I'm just not sure if I can get your old identity back, since you sold it, it wasn't stolen.
    Hang on.
    Something's coming.
    You're going to hear some gibberish for a few minutes.
    Erasmus closes the book on necromancy and flips the cursed book to the next page. He begins writing information on the ghouls described in the other book, trying to make it look like he is taking notes. Hopefully, whatever it is ignores him.
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-11-04 at 11:39 AM.

My Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #263

Maybe we could buy it back?
    The book suggests.

Chances are the price would be WAY too high.

There isn't a reply at the warning, the book is probably trying to stay 'quiet' lest something 'hear' it.

With a steadily scrabbling of hooves on slick wood, it draws closer. There comes a sound of scrambling, stumbling, then the sound is muffled. Whatever it is may have just discovered that walking on the rugs grants significantly more traction. And then? Then comes a sound of many voices.

"I hear you.""I taste you.""Are you there?""Where are you?"

There's a distinctive, almost musical harmony to them. In spite of them all speaking at once the individual statements and questions are each wholly comprehensible. There's an uncanny clarity to the words, their meaning and intent absolutely plain. The speaker is curious, cautious, but not hostile. And then it moves into view.

It walks atop four legs like those of a deer, each facing outward. They're attached to two sets of hips fused perpendicularly to accommodate the unnatural arrangement of limbs. Atop a short trunk grows a bulbous, almost egg-shaped mass with a set of lips at the crown set to split in four. The creature appears to have a black coat of under-fur, short and fuzzy, covering most of its body. Growing over it is a flossy coat of white wool that branches fractally, the same pattern of white growth over and over and over again, smaller and smaller until it looks like little more than a white haze. Between each set of legs is an overly large, distressingly human looking mouth, lips full and red. The thing looks akin to a three foot tall bacteriophage and moves like an ambulatory end-table.

"There you are!""I found you.""I haven't read you before.""Do you come to the library often?"

The thing has no eyes to speak of. That doesn't appear to impede it in any way.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

Erasmus is rather shocked. He's not sure what that thing is, but he's never seen anything like it (and he hopes he never will again). He looks away from the book and asks a stupid question, "What are you?" He hopes it isn't about to attempt to devour him. That would be very counterproductive.

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #265

The thing takes a few steps closer, the light from the hanging lanterns illuminating the thing in all its awful glory. It's moving carefully, each step testing the hard wood floor to make sure it doesn't slip. Going from the carpet to the floor is such a bother. Why can't the whole library be carpeted. When Erasmus asks his question the creature pauses, pawing at the floor a few times with one hoof. The motion seems oddly self-conscious. There's a scent that follows it, an earthy, damp smell. Like the scent of mildew under a rotting log.

"Does my appearance cause you distress?""I forget sometimes.""I didn't choose it.""I'm not going to eat you," it says, again all four mouths speaking in unison, yet managing to be in harmony with each other. Then it stands up a little straighter. "I'm a beast.""Just a littlest one.""The wizards call littlest beasts psalms.""But I'll get bigger, some day!" it replies in answer. Pleasure at granting new knowledge, hope and optimism at possibly being greater in the future. "I'm going to bloom.""That will be better.""I think that will make me less distressing.""Please don't be afraid."

And then it does just that.

It blooms, for lack of a better word, filling the room with the scent of myrrh, frankincense, and vanilla.

The lips of the 'egg' at the top of its body part, allowing four almost coral-like crimson petals to unfurl, revealing a humanoid torso inside. She, for she is clearly feminine in figure, is dusky skinned and snowy white haired, long and branching. Her hair clings to her body and preserves her modesty, not that a dragon would be particularly interested in that fact. The hair is strategically parted along her flanks, dark skin showing through and giving the impression of a faun still in her spots. Her arms end in four fingered hooves, though far more mobile than the typical deer, the two dew claws functioning as a pair of thumbs. Her eyes are a bright blue, horizontally slit like a deer's, with ears likewise deer-like. Two little spike-antlers sick out of her hair, though they're bright orange and porous, giving them a very fungal appearance.

"I'm going to try talking with just one mouth, is that better?" she asks, taking a few tentative steps forward. She doesn't look that old, in human terms. A child, certainly.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2018-11-04 at 10:04 PM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

It has experience with wizards and it doesn't seem hostile. If Erasmus had to guess, it's a conjured creature which something didn't make it back to its home plane. He's reasonably sure of this, conjuration is his specialty. Although, he does have no idea who would summon this or for what purpose. "What do you want?"

My Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #267

Considering the library he's in right now?

Someone may have called up something that they couldn't put back down.

The psalm takes a few more cautious steps forward. "I heard you. Read you? Tasted? Your language doesn't have the right word," she replies. With her strange manner of speech, Erasmus should be able to pick up her meaning a bit better. Something much deeper than casually sensing something. More along the lines of comprehension or analysis or digestion. "And the book, too."

She points at the book that was recently found on a bench.

"That book is a faerie, isn't it? A fae took all of its most important words. I can hear the hollowness all the way across the library."

Ooooh.

Maybe this thing is an exposition fairy after all? Exposition beast? Something.

The answer is more or less implicit here. The psalm was curious, particularly about the faerie book, and decided to investigate. Curiosity is a trait very common in beasts.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2018-11-04 at 10:03 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

"You can... hear it? Do you know how to fix it? It gave all its, er, words to the fae in exchange for one of their empty promises." This might be promising, but Erasmus doesn't entirely trust it. "I thought about giving it a new set of words, but it would be better to give it back the old set." Of course, maybe not. What if they were a murderer or a cultist or an evil vizier?

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #269

"I thought that was what happened, maybe," the psalm replies, taking a few steps closer. She's leaning toward the desk now, trying to get a better look at the book with her weird deer eyes. "I read-"

"Ate.""Digested.""Comprehended.""Absorbed." whisper the mouths around her waste. She doesn't appear to notice they're doing it.

"-some stories about fae and faeries. I know my parent hated them, and I hated them too, but I didn't know why. But after those books I know why I hate them now," she says, reaching out with one of her creepy hoof-hands to touch the book, only to hesitate. "They turned them into a faerie. Their story has been sold? That makes things hard, then, according to the books I read. You would have to find the fae that did this and convince them to give the story back. And you can't just kill them, either, or the story will fall into the Dreamlands and something else will just wear it as a mask."

She glances over at Erasmus, then to the book again.

"Is it okay if I touch the book? I want to read it. But I won't read it until it's gone, I promise," the psalm request. "I think little bits of their story is left. I might be able to follow the narrative to where the rest of the story was taken."

Oh.

Well.

It sounds like this awful thing is volunteering to act as a bloodhound.

"A new story could be written," she muses. "One is being written right now, slowly, filling in the pages again. All stories start like that."
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2018-11-04 at 10:03 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270

Autumnal Equinox Ball

Ivaz and Anulhi

So distrusting for one so young. Eiriol says sadly. You're here at the most fantastic ball of the season and you're so afraid to have some fun? She didn't actually refute any of Ivaz's suggestions. It's probably fine though. How much more indebted can you get, afterall?

Godfather

Derryth will draw the curtain with him pretty quickly, that can be offscreen. In the morning she'll leave him with a small piece of polished obsidian to contact her with if he wants to do this sort of thing again.

Feia, Jack, Kramolagh

Oh and of course I accept your thanks Jacqueline dear. Maldwyn tells her, apparently still very sympathetic despite the strengthening of the bond between them that occurs. He laughs merrily at Feia. Oh Feia, please! Such a character you are. He tells her. No I'm sure you're very careful with who you associate with. He doesn't even sound condescending as he says it.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show