New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Home 24: A house in this market?

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Aran's Condo

"You have magic to learn, and I have things to learn about the city. But it has been a rather busy day for you, I imagine. If you wish to rest, we may; I have no plans or intentions in the short term." And all of Aran's life for the long-term ones.
    [Aran's Condo]

Aran sighs, long and hard.
    "Yeah. How about we get your bed set up and then I can go pass out. You can sleep whenever you want." he suggests. Moving the bed shouldn't be too hard, especially if Ursagridd is a strong as one would expect a magical bear spirit to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Spako's Tower]

"S-Spako, it's okay. I know you're looking out for me, a-and I appreciate it." Sylvess shuffles a little closer, his tail coiling around Spako's. "B-besides, you're right. I, uh, I let things get out of hand a-and it needs something more to fix it than just making them listen again. If you can find someone who can take a look at me and help, I'd be grateful. But, um, now? Fun? Why don't we go gem hunting? I bet I can find us a little stash to dig up in an hour!"
    [Spako's Tower]

Spako blinks.
    "You can...do that? Just dig up gems? I don't remember hearing about any deposits around here..." Well they are part metal. Who can say what their abilities are?
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #632
    Orc in the Playground

Aran's Condo

Ursagridd is quite strong, which certainly helps moving the bed. He'll sleep when Aran does, since that's easier, though he has no pyjamas, and sleeps in his birthday suit.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #633
    Firbolg in the Playground

Fel's House

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Yeah, I’d have to say so.

ding

Ooh, steaks are done.

Fel pulls them out of the oven with her oven mitt and gets them on plates.

Then the biscuits cut in half to surround them, she peers at the gravy.

I think the gravy is ready as well.

Breakfast time!
    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    As tempting as it is for her to sulk for the rest of the morning Violet can't help but be perked up by the presence of food.

Oh hell yeah. She says when served, tucking in pretty much immediately. Violet it's polite to wait.

You make this every day? She asks through a mouthful of steak. Violet, come on. Swallow first.
    You can go right back to sulking after breakfast, Violet.

"Good, good. How about- oh. Ready already?"
    Neverest relinquishes the sufficiently stirred gravy and heads to the table, adjusting her scarves and masks and waiting politely for Felandria.
    Once the meal earnestly begins, she carefully bites off little bits of the steak with her pointy lizard teeth. Steak knife? What for?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #634
    Halfling in the Playground

[Spako's Tower]

"Uh, well, there's sort of techniques to it? A-and then there's a refinement process and you need some skill with gem cutting but, uh, you can also just sell them as raw material if you don't want to work them into something hoard-worthy yourself?"

Sylvess shuffles awkwardly, "A-and there was a sort of guide to it that I read once b-but I've never actually gone out and done it."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spako's Tower]

Spako shuffles on his feet in excitement.
    "Well, we'll give it a try. And if we don't find anything in an hour or two we'll do something else. But we have to try for now." Gems? For free? Sign him up!

[Aran's Condo]

Aran sleeps immediately and hard, not even noticing the again undressed huge man next to him. And in the morning, his training will begin.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Ravanys' Home]

As far as the drone scans go, there doesn't appear to be any other nasties lurking around in the immediate vicinity.
    No more foxes, or other weird monsters that aren't supposed to be here.

There is, unfortunately, a downside to the robot's primary form of attack.
    It isn't fire. Or something so devastating it doesn't really matter.

The second fox is punted, snarling as it flies away to the reverberating crack of shattered bones.
    However, as it lands next to the first fox, they both seem to simply be rearranging their limbs to not be so worried about those bone breaks anymore. They're starting to look more than hideously jerking blobs of fur with teeth, than freakish foxes by this point
    Little blobs that are quickly jittering back towards the robot.

The third fox has learned the lesson its companions didn't and takes to simply kiting away from it, flinging an energy blast or two when able.

This doesn't look like an immediately winning fight, but at least Sardus isn't being bothered anymore, or Ravanys and Hannah.
    The robot manages to dodge one blast, but it gets clipped in the side by a second. This sends it spinning to the side a bit, stumbling slightly as internal components start shutting down. It will try to keep kicking at the foxes, but it's balance is very much off.

That's okay, though, because a blast of fire flies out of the door, aimed at the closest fox thing. This is quickly followed by a shout from Ravanys.

Gettin' tired of these things!

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Nora's Suite]

Fayyaad doesn't know what "genetic sample" means, but given the context he can guess.

"Well, that's... odd," he admits. He'd say it sounds beneficial to Nora and harmless enough to everyone else, but she doesn't seem happy talking about it. She also mentions an ex-husband. Sounds like some history here that it's probably not his place to dig into. "Seems you took more from Gustav than from me, then."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post

[Nora's Suite]

"Well, no harm done I guess. Some warning might have been nice, but-" Gustav chuckles, "Sorry, it's weird seeing a half-sized tail like that." The finer points of Nora's explanation are similarly lost on Gustav, but he just about picks up enough to get it.

"So, if this happens every time-" He steps a little closer with a sly grin, "Does that mean I need to offer another round so you can get that tail filled out properly? A-and on a more serious note, I'm sorry if it's something of an inconvenience. I imagine you wouldn't have been so encouraging of our company for the night if you weren't okay with this outcome, though?"
    Nora's Suite

"Oh, I wouldn't be too sure about that, Fayyaad."
    Nora points out with a bit of a smile before removing the towel around her head. Her horns had moved more forward and have lengthened, sweeping back across the top of her head. There's a slight ridge on the top side of each and she reaches up to run her fingers over them. "Definitely not draconic, though there's some influence there I suppose. Going to take some getting used to in order to care for my hair properly beneath them, but they're much better than the little nubs I had were. I could probably hang off of the rafters with these if I had to."

Despite the joking nature of Gustav's suggestion, Nora pauses, frowning as she considers it. "...I don't know what would happen, actually. I've yet to try it. It is certainly something to keep in mind, but you're right in that I don't really mind this happening. After almost two decades of being stuck in the same ol' same ol', this sort of new stuff is a welcome change. Before any of that though, i believe I promised breakfast." She adds with a cheeky grin.

Nora and Fettina's Apartment Building

Nora declined to explain about the outfit on the ride over, but in the elevator up she gives a sigh. "I'll stop by my place and grab my things. Get showered, freshened up, and then we need to head to the rooftops. The sort of mojo I'm going to be bringing to bear is not something you'll want to do inside. There's, uh, going to be a bit too much radiation. But don't worry about it since there'll be plenty of magic I'll be using to shield you. I figure Intersection might come knocking though."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2019-02-10 at 04:02 PM.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Titan in the Playground

[Nora's Suite]

Fayyaad looks up at Nora's head, his eyes having been previously focused rather lower than that.

"I would... advise against it, actually. Take it from someone who's had them since childhood. Either way, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing what would happen after another night like that. In the interest of scholarship and advancement of knowledge, of course," he says solemnly. "And right now, a breakfast sounds perfect."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Cabin - Private Party]

Well then. I guess at some point the curtain comes back up very a very flustered looking Cass.

She doesn't say anything at the moment, being a little bit too busy coming down from all the attention she just got.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Halfling in the Playground

[Nora's Suite]

"Very interesting. You're certainly full of surprises, Nora." Gustav remarks, his tail slowly swishing back and forth, making it rather apparent that he finds this quite exciting. It's not every day you meet someone like this. "But breakfast does sound wonderful right about now."

[Spako's Tower]

"Okay! Let's go!" Sylvess launches himself off the tower, setting off in-

No. No, wait, he's coming back round.

"Ah, little bit too eager. We should get ourselves some stuff for digging and something to put gems in. Then let's get going!"
    Last edited by Gnrlshrimp; 2019-02-10 at 06:36 PM.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Ravanys' House]

The closest fox at this precise moment, would be the one running circles around the robot! The one that still sort-of-kind-of-if-you-squint-hard looks a little like a fox.
    Although now it looks like a flaming ball of screaming tentacles, which is probably an even worse visual change than what the other two are currently adopting.

The other two...who are actually booking it off into the darkness instead of continuing to deal with all this fiery nonsense that has clearly not worked out for them so far.
    Or they have some other coy little plan.
    But it certainly looks like they're just running away at the moment.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

12. - Top - End - #642

[Ravanys' House]

Ravanys sends another blast of fire after the two running away, a bit of a grin on her face. Seems she likes letting loose like this.

Then she glances over to Sardus. Hey buddy. You doing okay?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

13. - Top - End - #643

NinjaGuy

Electra is pressed up against Cass, her deep blue eyes fixed on the elf with a gentle smile, one hand gently caressing her side. She whispers softly into Cass' ear.

"How are you feeling now? Still coming down?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

14. - Top - End - #644
    Titan in the Playground

Fayyaad is sprawled next to Cass, looking pretty winded himself, but less disoriented. For now he just observes both women with a satisfied smile.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ternview Apartments]

Somewhat reeling from the fey magics coursing through her system, Anulhi stumbles softly over towards the kitchen table, fuzzy thanksmas socks building friction as she all but drags her feet along, fighting back a horrified stupor, her thoughts not quite her own.

Anxiously, she wrings her hands as she sits down, adjusting the small succulent plant in a vase atop the table as a way of calming herself.

"This is... a lot to take in."

16. - Top - End - #646
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ternview Apartments

And you have plenty of time, Anulhi. I'll be back in a week to pick it up. She promises, before heading for the door. She pauses at the doorframe for a second, looking back. Don't forgot. She says with a smile.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

17. - Top - End - #647
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Fel's House

You can go right back to sulking after breakfast, Violet.

"Good, good. How about- oh. Ready already?"
    Neverest relinquishes the sufficiently stirred gravy and heads to the table, adjusting her scarves and masks and waiting politely for Felandria.
    Once the meal earnestly begins, she carefully bites off little bits of the steak with her pointy lizard teeth. Steak knife? What for?
    Now that Violet is breakfasting, Reginald extricates himself and scurries onto Fel’s shoulder.

As she eats, Fel cuts off a piece of steak and feeds it to Reginald, who noms it happily and nuzzles Fel’s face.

Not every day.

Sometimes I make pancakes and bacon, or sometimes just a nice bowl of cereal.

How about you, Neverest, enjoying it?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

18. - Top - End - #648

[Ravanys' House]

Sardus for his part doesn't answer.

Mostly because he doesn't have any way of hearing right now since he's a big ball of rock-hard scales and plates with a churning mass of flesh inside that's trying to repair itself.

It'll take him a good ten to fifteen minutes to get himself fixed.

And he's going to be worrying the whole time that maybe he didn't protect his friends well enough.

But eventually?

Eventually those scales part and Sardus sticks his head out.

"H-Hannah? Ravanys? Are you guys okay?" he'll ask, his voice a little shaky. He continues unwinding himself, quickly pulling back into his proper shape. That mutation goop really did a number on him. He's pretty sure he has all his parts back in the right place.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

19. - Top - End - #649

[Ravanys' Home]

Ravanys will go to put a reassuring hand on what she guesses is Sardus' shoulder.

Yeah, we're fine. Sardus might notice that the tiefling's shirt is gone now, showing a sports bra underneath. She's also holding a shotgun in her hand. Otherwise, she looks fine.

Around them is a broken drone, two working ones hovering in the air, and a damaged, half-built robot and looks kind of like a robo-Hannah, but without arms or a head.

Hannah's in her room, brought out the drone for support. She glances at the robot. And whatever that's supposed to be. She turns her gaze in the direction that the foxes ran. Those things took off pretty quick after I killed a couple.

Any idea what they were?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

20. - Top - End - #650

[Ravanys' Home]

Sardus does his best to smile.

His face is actually pretty expressive. Normally you don't think of dragons or deer as critters with much in the way of expression, but Sardus seems to manage.

"Oh, I'm glad. I was really worried they might have hurt you while I was... umm... putting myself back together," he says a bit glumly, but perks up shortly there after. "It's a good thing mom made me out of stern stuff. I think I took the worst of it. They would have come after you instead."

At the second question he glances toward the door.

"Those were some of the pod-people mom is worried about. Or... umm... pod foxes?"

Do foxes count as people?

A memory somewhere informs him that some foxes count as people.

"They might come back. I know how their gross goop and blasty things work now, though, so I think I'll be able to take a hit much better than I did the first time," he says. "Hopefully mom will be able to stop them for good."

[Jace's Place]

Khannie is sneaking.

Because it's late. Or maybe early.

Does four AM count as early or late?

She honestly isn't sure. But she IS sure that she's dead tired. Her first night of patrolling as Ghost had been WAY more eventful than she had planned. Things had gone... mostly well? She did some real heroics, that's for sure. She saved those scientists! Probably. And that guy who was getting mugged, too. And she had met another hero!

And got gross giant cockroach guts all over her suit. That had washed off.

Thank Arceus for whatever weird super advanced fabric that thing is made of.

Khannie slips into the shed first and hides her gear under some empty pots at the back. Surely no one will look there.

Then?

Then she's going to sneak back to the window at her room. She had left it open.

Just a crack.

Just enough to reach her fingers under and caaaaaarefully easy it open. Slowly the window rises. Quietly she hoists herself up through the window. Oh so stealthfully she slides it back down.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2019-02-19 at 01:22 AM.

21. - Top - End - #651

Fel's House

Aw. Violet says as Reginald scurries off, but she's stopped from any further complaining by the food. Neverest gets a weird look for how she eats, and - in between mouthfuls - she addresses her. Hell yeah he's friggin' enjoying it, never heard of cutlery? Violet is definitely making more of a mess with her knife and fork than Neverest is without.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground

[Jace’s Place]

Khannie’s plan was perfect. Flawless. And she might have gotten away with it too, if it wasn’t for that meddling-
    BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK
    Dog. The large black, naturally bone-encrusted dog that has been waiting on her bed for six hours with a large squeaky plush centurion. A light switch is flipped, revealing a very dour Sorcerer and one extremely proud reptile.
    ”Excellent work, Commissar. At ease.” Zebes throws the houndour a biscuit, which is promptly crunched and devoured as Commissar goes back to chomping on the squeaky centurion and wagging his short tail.
    ”So. How was your night? We had a surprise for you but you decided to skip out on it apparently.” says Jace sarcastically, looking at the dog before returning his glare to Khannie.

23. - Top - End - #653

[Jace's Place]

"AGH!"

Khannie wasn't expecting a feral pokemon to be in her room.

Not even a little bit.

That wasn't on her plan anywhere and she certainly hadn't accounted for it in her clever (in her opinion, anyway) plotting.

So she flails inarticulately a bit and backs away as far as she can manage, her mind racing. Is she going to have to fight it? Did it hurt dad? It doesn't look that big, there's no way it could be tough. Maybe-

Then the lights come on.

Busted.

Khannie looks absolutely beat. Exhausted. Right at that point where all the adrenaline has worn off and she's ready to crash at any moment. Her cute little hoody is spotless, but her face is smudged and her hair is slicked with sweat.

"Umm..." is her measured response.

How is she going to gt out of this? It was supposed to be a secret!

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ogre in the Playground

[Jace’s Place]

”I called you. At least seventeen times. And when that didn’t work and Geneva told me you weren’t with her and Nick I went through The Drawer* and had you scried. You have a lot to explain. I suggest you start.” Jace says, arms folded and a heavy boot tapping. He hasn’t needed them since he got home hours ago but he had felt too stressed to take them off.

*The Drawer is the wooden cabinet where Jace keeps all his magic scrolls he keeps for emergencies. It currently holds 23 scrolls and 7 potions. The code to the lock is 0825.

25. - Top - End - #655

[Jace’s Place]

"I had my phone turned off..." Khannie mutters.

Because if it went off while she was stalking evil it could have put her in danger!

"Umm... It started when I found this cool underground bunker thing that was full of mean robots," Khannie begins. "And there was this cool suite I found down there. And I found out it worked with my moves really good when I mega evolve. And... umm... if I make myself human when I mega evolve I look older? So I thought maybe I could be a super hero."

I mean.

Obviously.

If a child can look grownup and gains a power boost when they do, obviously they need to be a super hero.

That's the whole plot of Captain Marvel.

"And I did a really good job, to! I saved some people and I made a new friend!"

26. - Top - End - #656
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Fel's House]

"It's pretty neat. You could cook the steak longer next time."

Neverest is one of those awful people who wants meat well-done.

She rotates an eye towards Violet.
    "For something this size? I suppose you eat pizza with a fork too?"
    Humans are so weird.

Once she gets down to it, she offers Reginald the last bite of her steak.
    What a good fluffy little guy he is!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ogre in the Playground

[Jace’s Place]

Jace raises an eyebrow but remains silent for a while.
    ”So what I’m hearing is that you went off without a team or supervision, alone with no backup plan, at a time when Zebes and I would have been indisposed if you needed help, in order to abuse a power known for causing intense pain and drained energy as common side effects, just so you could do something half a decade before you were actually ready to do it. Did I get all that right?” he asks her, clearly not interested in her success.

28. - Top - End - #658

[Jace’s Place]

"I just wanted to be a hero like you..." Khannie mutters at her toes.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ogre in the Playground

[Jace’s Place]

Jace’s expression softens, and he kneels down with his hands on her shoulders.
    ”Oh sweetie. You will be. When you’re ready for it.” and with a quick movement that would have made Arra proud, he snatches the stone pendant from around Khannie’s neck.
    ”Just like how you’ll get this back when you’re ready for it.”

30. - Top - End - #660

[Jace’s Place]

Khannie's initial reaction is a small, sad smile. She places a hand on her father's arm, getting ready to ask another question.

But then her pendant is taken and her expression changes to one of distress!

"No! I need that!" comes her objection, little hands grasping. "I saved people, daddy! I did a bunch of really good things and it was great! I'm too small and weak without it! Everyone would know my secret identity and my suit won't fit!"

Now, mind, if she isn't going out in the middle of the night to do heroics none of those things matter.

But all of those things matter to her, hence the distress.

She isn't going to try to snatch it back, no.

Though she is making a big scene of reaching for it.

Incidentally, her little wishing stone is on the same pendant. Of course, she rarely uses it. If ever. She's stayed human all this time quite intentionally. Though... does she need it with her to stay human? Or just to swap forms? She understood that it was the latter when it was given to her.