New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

Karl looks briefly to Aisling, "Its a kind of flying machine. Unfortunately it is also very difficult to safely control, so if none here are trained we will be unable to make use of it."

While Anna tries to find a pilot, Karl checks over the sides of the building. If there's an area free of both fire and Schultz' goons, the group could just rappel down using the rope. He'd have to show them how most likely, but that should be simple enough.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I know German army training included wilderness survival. Couldn't quickly confirm it, but I am going to assume that this included the Dülfersitz method of rappelling without gear. If not, its fairly likely Karl could have picked it up elsewhere (heck, I did and I'm not German) It is not the best technique that I know of (I can tell you from experience that it is uncomfortable as hell and is liable to ruin clothing), but it works, is simple to demonstrate, and requires less rope length than most other methods.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-04-24 at 10:07 AM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

From the back of the of the crowd, a man calls out, "I believe my Ghoul would be able to fly it, but he is badly injured." The vampire to speak up is a short but handsome Asian man, dressed in a flannel button down and dark designer jeans. He appears well groomed, but he is likely recognized as a member of The Carthian Movement, though not a mover and shaker. The man standing next to him is taller, well muscled and would be handsome if not for the severe wet burns that cover one half of his face and neck. One eye stares out at the crowd with near contempt, and there is simply a mound of oozing flesh where it's sister should be. The Ghoul is Hispanic, with a buzzed head and a hard jaw. Perhaps ironically, he is wearing military fatigues (these too severely burned on one side), though his posture and demeanor despite the burns indicate a certain level of willpower and self control.

The two had not been on the roof earlier, and must have been relatively new arrivals. The Carthian adds steps forward into his audience and says, "Though I suppose if others would be willing to help lend some vitae to my Ghoul, he might be able to heal enough to safely fly that helicopter." He watches as the crowd mills about, and seems to grin with satisfaction when no one steps forward to offer their well earned blood.

Instead, D'Agostino comes forward and says, "We won't all be able to take the helicopter anyways, and we still ahve to worry about any of Gorman's men waiting for us on the ground and The Masquerade. A group of us, those with the strongest powers in mind control, will have to stay behind and allow ourselves to be rescued by the firefighters below. We can... influence the narrative that is told."

This statement seems to gather some support from a number of Invictus and Lady Stardust throws an arm around the man's shoulder and with laughter says, "That sounds like wisdom if I've ever heard it. I will stay behind to help. I'm not much of a fighter anyways."

Nicholas D'Agostino nods and says, "I may not be the Prince, but tonight I am declaring a Blood Hunt on the betrayer Christof Gorman, for his desecration of his title, our laws, and his heinous acts tonight." The crowd applauds, and several utter words of support. Bolstered by this, D'Agostino adds, "The obvious next move will be to search Gorman's haven in Pacific Heights. We will need our strongest warriors to aid in this fight!"
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Daishain View Post
    Karl looks briefly to Gabrielle, "Its a kind of flying machine. Unfortunately it is also very difficult to safely control, so if none here are trained we will be unable to make use of it."

While Anna tries to find a pilot, Karl checks over the sides of the building. If there's an area free of both fire and Schultz' goons, the group could just rappel down using the rope. He'd have to show them how most likely, but that should be simple enough.

Show
    I know German army training included wilderness survival. Couldn't quickly confirm it, but I am going to assume that this included the Dülfersitz method of rappelling without gear. If not, its fairly likely Karl could have picked it up elsewhere (heck, I did and I'm not German) It is not the best technique that I know of (I can tell you from experience that it is uncomfortable as hell and is liable to ruin clothing), but it works, is simple to demonstrate, and requires less rope length than most other methods.
    (OOC: Sorry, I didn't even get a warning that a new post had been added when I hit submit. I didn't see this so I am double posting. )

With a rope securely prepared, it would not be too hard to rappel down the side. However, as Karl is looking he can already see several ladders being prepared by the firemen below.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

Anna

Anna disconnected the black box and shoved it into her backpack. They could decipher it later.

“No one, really?” Anna muttered, “this is why we need agriculture, maybe sanguiculture is a better word... whatever.”

“He can have some of mine,” Anna called out, “long as I’m on the chopper.”
    She stepped forward and looked to the Carthian first to get his approval before biting open the flesh of her forearm and holding it to the ghoul.

Spoiler
    Show
    anna will let him take up to three.

If the ghoul still needs more Anna will look around for Karl or Aisling to assist.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

There is a titter among the gathered Kindred when Anna steps forward, though it is hard to tell if the they are responding to her joke, or to her willingness to help others.

The ghoul steps forward towards Anna, and she can see the hunger in his eyes as easily as she can smell his charred flesh. The Beast rages in Anna's head, furious at the idea of giving up precious blood, and demanding that she feeds on this delicious smelling mortal. "Thank you," the Ghoul says in a low voice so that only Anna can hear. Now that he is closer, Anna can read the name patch on his faded green fatigues that reads "Rodriguez". His dark brown eyes stare into Anna's, a dangerous move for a mortal who knows what Kindred can do.

Using her fangs, Anna rips a gash in her wrist and offers the open wound to the Ghoul. He moves to it at first hesitantly, then quickly forces Anna's wrist to his mouth, warm lips clamping hard onto cold dead flesh. Out of the corner of her eye, Anna catches a look of green envy and distaste from the short Carthian who had only just moments ago asked for just this. Rodriguez' tongue works greedily at the wound, each pull causing a bolt of ecstasy and pain to shoot up Anna's arm and into her chest. The feeding goes on and on, Anna trying to make sure the man has the chance to get what he needs. Anna's head swims in the haze of this embrace. Far off she can hear whispers from the watching Kindred, though it seems unimportant compared to the exchange occurring.

Finally, Anna forces the ghoul off of her. Rodriguez stumbles back, his eyes glazed over, his lips smeared with thick oozing vitae as he gasps for air. He stares at Anna with a soft look of longing, and Anna can see how the feeding has softened the ghoul's demeanor towards her. As she studies him, the raw flesh of the right side of the man's face begins to retract. Swollen wet burns knit themselves back together, turning from angry red to the soft brown of the man's skin. The swollen lump of Rodriguez' eye gathers inward as well till what was just a puss filled socket covered with oozing flesh creates the gelatinous orb of the man's eye. When the unnatural act is complete, there are still areas of burns along the man's face and neck, but there is no longer open flesh, and Rodriguez' two brown eyes are now moving in concert as he studies Anna's face and now healed wrist with something akin to lust.

Suddenly aware of all the prying eyes, including his master's the ghoul announces, "I think I'm good to fly that bird now."

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Anna gives up three blood points and is now down to 6. She also gets a first level blood bond with Rodriguez
    Show

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Anna found herself staring at the thumping artery in Rodriguez’s neck, and realized he’d spoken.

“Good, let’s get the f*** out of here,” she replied quietly, only a split second too late.

She looked up at the short Carthian and gave him a quick nod before turning her back on Rodriguez and making her way to the helicopter. On the way, she focused on licking the wound closed. Her insides quailed at the thought of being watched by so many Kindred, wondering if she’d made a mistake. Then again, there was an entire city filled with mortals to feed from, and below her was a building engulfed in flames. She wanted and needed to get out of here as fast as possible.

If they thought she healed the ghoul out of kindness, well, let them think that.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl looks to the primogen and raises an eyebrow, trying to gauge whether the kindred wanted him to go or stay.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"I want our best warriors on that helicopter then," D'Agostino says with authority. He indicates the massive Nosferatu who serves as his right hand, "Frank, I want you taking charge of this. Mr. Julian, if you don't mind, I want you on that helicopter as well."

The walking refrigerator steps forward, his nice brown suit charred and one sleeve torn at the shoulder. Julian joins him. If Anna were to look, the Elder Dragons remain stone faced at the election of their Axe Sworn. But Julian grins at Nicholas D'Agostino, a devilish smile playing on the normally severe Daeva's face. "Mr. D'Agostino," he says as his eyes fall on Anna, "if I may, I'd like to request that Anna Wu joins me as well on the helicopter. It is only fair considering she offered her own blood to heal Mr. Rodriguez." This causes Lady Miho to twitch ever so slightly.

To this the Primogen says, "That would be fine by me. In fact, take her entire Coterie, they have more than served me well." Suddenly, the eyes of every Kindred in the city are focused on Karl, Anna and Aisling. This was an obvious recognition from the soon to be Prince!

As the attention dies down momentarily, Anna's sire leans forward and whispers, "Go. Lady Miho and I will stay behind to make sure our Primogen is okay."

Nearby, Gabrielle's hand find's Karl's cold bicep and gives it a squeeze. She whispers into her master's ear, "We don't have to go, do we? I mean, I'm no soldier or anything."

Show
    Please don't forget to post your character information in the brand spanking new OOC thread. I am hoping that we can get Ladorak to introduce his character before the helicopter takes off.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Lilith had arrived at Elysium in rare high spirits. Such satisfaction was detrimental to her muse, as she well knew, but for once she was treating herself. It was going to be an excellent night. Half a decade of work reached it's final crescendo tonight, she was prepared for a frenzy of activity, an apparent chaos that was all carefully choreographed dance moves, each one passing her from one hand to another and another up the social ladder, each one acquiring her a powerful patron, a substantial payment and recognition of her genius. The conclusion of the dance tonight would see her rightfully ensconced as one of the greatest undead artists of all time. She had not had a night like this since she was alive, and while her social instincts were still rusty she was really looking forward to it. She still knew how to wow a crowd and how to properly introduce her masterpieces. She had wasted far too much money on an elegant black dress that hugged her figure like a surgical glove and spent almost as much on a perfectly beautiful facemask which would hide the worst ravages of the Clan curse. Tonight she would live like a Deava and there was no longer anyone to stop her.

Such hubris is rarely left unchallenged by the gods.

She was not even permitted the closure of seeing her work destroyed. Instead she had to imagine August High Wind and Sire of No Worth falling apart, the copper parts melting as the flames licked upon her priceless masterpieces. Although it tormented her she couldn't help but imagine the purest white marble of Hope Arisen in Gravedirt and Cross-Contamination burnt to black. All around her was panic, supernatural predators acting like panicked hens, she had fought her way through the crowd to her exhibition, but by then it was already far too late. She was beat back by the flames before she could even enter the hall and survey the damage, let alone save anything. It just wasn't fair...

Angerly she cast her mask aside, too lost to grief to enjoy the obvious symbolism of the act, and sunk down against a wall crying crimson red tears, her ruined face buried in her elegant hands. She did not retreat as the flames came closer and, although she did not know it, that kept her out of fighting. A childish act inviting destruction kept her away from the fleeing Kindred and those intercepting them, as all others tried to keep a respectful distance between themselves and the inferno.

She may have remained there and allowed herself to be consumed, which would have been thematically fitting but more importantly her choice, but there was too much fight in her to lie down and let someone kill her. So ironically the young ghoul with the fancy rifle whose neck she snapped saved her life by trying to kill her. When she removed his mask in idle curiosity dead lungs sprang to unexpected life and Lilith gasped. One of the Prince's ghouls. Why did the Prince want to destroy all her unlife's work? It was only then it occurred to her that there may be more to all this gunfire and regular fire then the sabotage of a gifted artist.

Her blood was suddenly boiling. She had always been loyal to that philistine, every waking moment she had spent outside the studio had been to ingratiate herself with the little ****. She had joined the Covenant and climbed the ladder in the approved way, minded her manners like a good little girl, flattering and deceiving and sacrificing all in the name of her patron. And this was how he repaid her? Her, Lilith Hargreaves, the greatest artistic genius this loathsome city had ever seen? Her epitaph would be that she was caught in the crossfire of someone else's conflict, a pawn sacrificed or even forgotten by her master. Not worth the effort of saving or sparing. She set off, her intended suicide entirely forgotten. She felt purified by her anger and in it she found new purpose.

She had no idea how to use the weapon she took, lacking even the knowledge to take the safety off, instead it served as a surprisingly effective club until it broke and bent around someone's face. She didn't really have a plan, all she had was a burning desire to live and revenge herself, that desire drove her this way and that avoiding gunfire and flame, gradually forcing her up and up until she found herself on the roof.

The smoke and the noise had become so ubiquitous she had forgotten how much it was bothering her until she found herself suddenly in the cold clean night air. Lilith looked herself over and her annoyance mounted. She was hardly presentable enough to meet the Primogen, her expensive little black dress was burnt, torn and stained, her high heels abandoned, her ruined face streaked with blood red tears and black soot. She still clutched the butt of the blood stained mangled metal that until recently had been a perfectly honed top-of-the-line military assault rifle. The realisation she was still holding it caused it to slip from her nerveless fingers and the clutter of metal on concrete drew the attention of the crowd. Flustered she gapes for a few moments, desperately trying to think of something to say, but the anger that had got her through the inferno got her through this 'My Primogen, as this Coterie have more than served you well, I too served the betrayer Christof Gorman more than well. See how my fidelity is rewarded? I would reward his loyalty to me in kind.
    'Allow me to join the Blood Hunt my Primogen, I yearn to serve a better man.'
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2019-04-23 at 03:09 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Despite the the battle damages to the Primogen's clothes, Nicholas D'Agostino still cut a handsome figure with his strong jaw and well maintained dark brown hair which was now gelled back exposing his widow's peak. When Lilith speaks up, D'Agostino's eyebrows raise in mock surprise, a coy grin playing upon his lips. "Lilith," he says, pronouncing the name slowly, "how... well timed your offer is. I suppose it is only fair to give you the chance to prove your new loyalty." He nods, though the gesture is pointed towards the massive Beato, who returns the gesture with an affirmative nod of his own.

Then seeming to recognize his opportunity, Nicholas D'Agostino extends his arm out to the crowd and says, "Are there any others, perhaps members of the First Estate or otherwise, who wish to step forward?" The request causes the crowd of gathered Kindred to erupt into a series of murmurs, as several Kindred also come forward to swear allegiance, including but not limited to the conniving Ivanov, and the insufferable Screech of all people.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

Anna nodded to her sire.

“I understand,” she said, “I hope we can find him.”

“Lady Miho,” Anna said, stepping close to whisper, “I may be late for lessons tonight. With luck I will be able to find and bring back what was taken from you.”

She held the rifle closely. It was better than nothing but she really wished she had her sword.

She stepped up, giving Screech a wink if she managed to catch his eye.
    TC for short

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl looks to the ghoul at his side and speaks quietly, "By all means stay. Keep your head down and get away from here when rescued. When you get a chance, contact Gabe and talk to him about what happened. You did nothing wrong tonight, in fact I'm rather proud of how well you did. But not long from now your mind is going to insist otherwise. You killed for the first time tonight, something that which is hard even on trained soldiers once the danger is over. Talking with someone who understands helps."

The Spy winces as the soon-to-be Prince publicly acknowledges him and his Coterie. This was more attention then he liked. He felt like he had just had a target affixed to his back. Too late to do anything about it now though, he would just have to deal with it.

He moves closer to Frank as someone he thinks is called Lillith starts talking and says, "If we can spare a detour to my Coterie's haven, we have a stockpile that should prove useful. Rifles, body armor, explosives, a flamethrower, that sort of thing. We expected trouble tonight, we just didn't think it would happen at Elysium."

In the back of his mind Karl has started to wonder about something. This was turning out very well for the primogen. Whatever doubts the Kindred of San Francisco might have had about changing to a new leader on the basis of some grainy film footage have been wiped away by this attack. With that in mind, were these men really sent by the prince? If not, it was a brilliant move, worthy of Machiavelli himself. He would have to keep an eye out for any proof that might show up and sequester it for later use.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Lady Miho shrugs indifferently at Anna's remark. "I don't think there is much point in conducting a lesson tonight," she says with irritation, "Your Sire and I shall assist here." Then in a hushed tone she adds, "And we will keep our eyes on how things unfold with the rising Prince." She closes her eyes in an extended blink, a wholly unhuman gesture. When she opens her eyes she gives Anna a stern smile, "Be careful tonight, keep your eyes open. Stay with Julian."

The massive Nosferatu looks down on Karl and his remark and grins, wormy lips pulling back to expose a tangle of yellow pointed teeth. His swarthy features make the man look slightly buffoonish. But Frank nods his head in agreement and says, "You're Haven is in the Sea Cliff, right? We can fly this bird and land it on the Primogen's pad. We've got some goodies as well." He pats a massive hand on Karl's shoulder, the weight of the limb like a backpack filled with bricks.

(OOC: Move things along?)
    Show

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

Ooc: I'm fine with moving on

Ic:

Lilith quietly joins the coterie, thinking to introduce herself to her soon-to-be comrades in arms. 'My name is Lilith Hargreaves' She hesitated, what she was about to do with a serious faux pas in her usual circles, but the practicalities of the immediate situation were too urgent 'I'm an artist '
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Unless you mean that you are an artist who specializes in creating blood spatter, I'm not sure that's relevant right now. You do know you just signed on for when looks to be some rather brutal wet work right? Do you at least know how to fire a gun? And no it is not as simple as yanking on the trigger."

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Yes moving on is fine with me. Sorry for the somewhat cold reception. But my guy would be a bit skeptical at the moment.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-04-25 at 09:08 AM.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

'Why no.' says Lilith in exasperation, her voice laced with sarcasm 'I thought we were on our way to the most powerful kindred in the city to ask him politely to surrender.' She shrugged 'I don't need a gun, my revenge will not be so.... Banal.'
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Anna checked her weapon for damage, checked the clip to see how many bullets she had left, and flicked the safety back on.

She then looked around the helicopter to see who else had joined them.

“Anna,” she said to Lilith.
    “Everyone has their own style,” she said, “long as you’re here to help take down Gorman, I’m glad you’re with us.”
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

'Thanks Anna, I promise I won't slow you down.'
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

At this point, Kindred are beginning to load on to the helicopter. Frank calls over to the four vampires huddled together, "Hey Karl, Anna, Aisling! You coming or what?" The ghoul Rodriguez is already at the helm, and the engine comes to life with a deafening hum that makes further conversation suddenly difficult. He seems solely focused on his duty as a pilot, hands deftly moving to pull levers or press buttons on the dizzying mechanical dashboard.

Aisling approaches the helicopter hesitantly, stalking up to it like a cat that has found some strange new prey. Her eyes are wide and childlike, and rather than step into the vehicle, she goes in hands first, climbing in on all fours like a jungle cat. She says something as she stalks through the gunmetal black cabin, but her voice is lost in the roar of the engine.

Julian shuffles into the cabin, and finds a seat in an uncomfortable looking passenger seat, strapping himself in mechanically. He is followed by Victor, who gives Anna a wink as he takes his place beside Julian. Up at the front of the helicopter, Frank takes his place in the copilot seat next to Rodriguez. He appears to be jovially trying to start up a conversation with the ghoul pilot, who seems to be answering in terse one word sentences.

Soon the helicopter is fully packed, and Rodriguez's voice comes over a loud speaker, just barely audible over the whir of the chopper's propellers. "Time to take of," he says bluntly, and suddenly the helicopter is lifting up off the ground. There is a sudden titter of surprise among the Kindred on board, but soon the helicopter is quickly gaining altitude and then is soaring out over the city as buildings drop away to the size of toy miniatures.

Aisling is turned around in her chair, sitting on her knees, face glued to the porthole, murmuring to herself. All is going well as the helicopter traverses the cityscape of San Francisco, and the helicopter is reaching the end of it's journey when Aisling cries out, "OUR HAVEN!" The not-girl's eyes go wide, her face pressed so hard against the glass that her nose is a smooshed blob of dead flesh. Again she cries out, and then begins banging her fists against the window.

A quick look out the window shows the large Victorian style house sitting at the top of it's hill in Sea Cliff. Two cars are parked outside the building, not on the curb, but just stopped in the middle of the street, and one side of the wooden building has been set aflame. A number of figures shift about in the glow of the fire. One of the cars is immediately recognizable to Karl as the vehicle that had given him chase earlier in the evening, and he is almost certain that one of the figures outside the haven is none other than The Sheriff. By her erratic behavior and the caged-animal look in her eyes, it is clear that Aisling is near on the verge of Frenzy. Her hands claw at the glass porthole, and her lips are pulled back into a feral snarl that exposes her extended fangs. Others in the helicopter seem to be taking notice, though no one has moved to intervene yet.

Spoiler: OOC@Daishain
    Show
    Again, please post Karl's information in the new OOC thread. I've linked it here for your convenience.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2019-04-26 at 01:33 PM.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

She needed to calm Aisling down.

“Aisling, everyone is safe,” Anna said quietly, “we’re all here and Gabrielle and Bernardo escaped the opera house. We’ll rebuild the haven, and in the meantime, you can stay at my house.”

“But first,” she added, “we need to deal with Gorman and Schultz.”
    TC for short

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl curls his lip in disgust. The work that he'd put into that place...

Coldly he states, "Frank, that would appear to be the former Sheriff down there. Between his current actions and his attempt on my life earlier this evening, I think there can be no doubt he will continue to side with the former Prince. He will cause more trouble if allowed to roam free, and may have information on Gorman's movements as well. I suggest that we engage."

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Aisling's eyes darted quickly to Anna, feral and devoid of much intelligence. There was perhaps some recognition of Anna and her words, but it was clear Aisling was quickly losing control. When she turned her attention back to the window, she slashed fingers tipped in hard nails across the glass, creating a slow and high pitched screech.

(OOC: TC please give me an appropriate social manuever based on how you want to try to intimidate/reason with/otherwise affect Aisling. You can even consider lashing out to try to submit her)

From his copilot seat, Frank calls back to Karl, "That's what it looks like to me too. I'd be all to happy to help out with the disposal of that rat." His voice was carried through the cockpit over the speaker, so that all could hear. He added, "My thought would be to land back at Nicholas' haven, gather weapons, and march over guns blazing. We could try to set down in the street, but it will be a little difficult... and we've got a few toys at the mansion. It looks like your security is holding them off at the moment, though I don't like that fire."
    Show

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

It was clear her words weren’t getting through to Aisling.

“Karl, help?” Anna said, looking over to the other neonate of their coterie.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-04-28 at 06:12 PM.
    TC for short

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl nods in response to Frank's answer, content to continue to the Primogen's place for the moment.

Turning his attention to Aisling at Anna's call, Karl snaps his finger in the wild girl's face, adopting a harsh tone, "Stop that this instant! We'll get him, and we'll wreak our vengeance upon him, but you must focus!"

Show
    Trying manipulation+intimidation here (4d10)[1][9][2][3](15)
    ten again (4d10)[4][8][7][1](20)
    One success at least. Hope that's enough.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-04-28 at 09:49 PM.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

Lilith reached out, risking much to place a hand on Anna's shoulder. A quiet spark of electricity passed between them 'You're not the only one who's lost everything today, but now's not the time for mourning or rage. That can wait for tomorrow. Tonight we murder the son of a b**** who burned our lives down, and we need you to do it.'

Spoiler
    Show
    Activating Majesty 1; Awe... I think that's right anyway I'm away from books.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    I'm going to let TC's dramatic failure override all else. I apologize for the delayed response, and will incorporate your rolls as above. TC, I am updating your character box with the beat.

Perhaps it was what Anna had said, or perhaps it was the the sign of weakness when she called to Karl for assistance, but something inside of Aisling finally snapped and the Beast took over. The Gangrel's eyes went wide with a base rage, dark and absent of intelligent thought.

Aisling turned to draw her claws on Anna when Lilith spoke, the hideous Nosferatu using a trick of the blood to momentarily draw the eyes of every vampire in the helicopter onto her. The effort was instantly recognizable as the use of a Discipline, but it was just the distraction that was needed. Just as Aisling's attention returned to the Anna, a razor blade tipped claw reaching for the Mekhet's throat, there was a blur of movement and suddenly The Sworn of the Axe was between Anna and her mad ally. A finely crafted steel core weighted wooden stake was buried deftly just to the left of Aisling's sternum. The weapon left a rent and the smallest red stain in Aisling's blue dress. Then Aisling fell forward, her body going rigid, her arms and legs pulling in tight to her lifeless corpse. Despite her Torpor, Aisling's lips were pulled back tight against her high cheekbones and exposing her long sharp fangs.

Julian looked to Anna, a cold look of confusion on his face which was quickly replaced with a small grin. "I'm not sure if it's appropriate," he said, "but I apologize for that." He quickly bent down to pull the rigid corpse up and over to the side of the helicopter, and to Frank he said, "Perhaps we should wait till after the night's excitement to wake the sleeping beauty." This brought an even bigger grin to the swarthy refrigerator of a Kindred, and a nod of approval.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2019-04-30 at 05:56 PM.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Anna was silent for a moment, probably longer than she should have been.

“Thank you,” she said to Julian, “yes, perhaps that would be best.”

She quietly looked out the window at the burning haven. Aisling had been ready to tear her apart. The ridiculousness of her predicament and the overall hell that her life was right now hit her all at once, and she felt tears welling up.

Anna knew she couldn’t show weakness in front of the others, and forced the emotions down, turned them into anger. Gorman was responsible for all this, and things could get to somewhat normal after he was gone. She checked her weapon again.
    TC for short

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl sighs, "Thank you for that, and I apologize, this night must have been more of a strain than I thought on her. It is too bad, she is rather capable in a fight, we could've used her."

He looks out over the city as the helicopter makes its way towards the Primogen's home. Patience, he had to have patience. Schultz will be his soon enough.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Surprisingly, or perhaps not surprisingly, in the back of D'Agostino's massive property that overlooked San Francisco was a small helipad. The earth rose up to the helicopter during the descent, till the bird had landed it's struts on the small circular tarmac. The deafening whir of the propellers finally whined to a low rhythmic hum as the passengers began exiting the helicopter.

A crop of suited ghouls came rushing to Frank's attention as he climbed his massive frame out of the vehicle. He began barking instructions, asking that the gathered Kindred remain by the helicopter. The ghouls departed and within a few minutes they were returning with matte black metal crates on dollies. Each box contained a pair of unnumbered submachine guns, which were passed out to the various members of the gathered militia (many of whom already carried pilfered automatic rifles of their own).

However, a larger box of black textured plastic was brought out, Frank began assembling the pieces that were contained within. He worked with a practiced precision, as if he had assembled and disassembled the weapon a thousand times. By the time the uzis had been passed out, Frank was loading a large circular cartridges into his newly constructed grenade launcher. He grinned with pride as he hefted the grey weapon over his shoulder, and called out to the now armed crowd, "First thing's first. Let's go take care of The Sheriff. I expect he's heavily armed. He's a shifty ****er, but we should have numbers and firepower on him." He grinned again, indicating the grenade launcher. "Any questions? Otherwise, lets move out."
    Show

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl takes a SMG, fitting the sling around his torso until the weapon hangs by his hip. He hefts the rifle he took from Elysium as he follows along with the others.