New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,477 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

Anna Wu

Anna had to almost suppress a smirk as Gabe moved away.
    "As if that would help," she thought.

Momentary satisfaction at putting the ghoul in his place gave way to anxiety as the minutes ticked by.

"I could have killed all of them and been out three times by now, what is taking him so long..." Anna muttered.

She set a stopwatch and gave Karl two more minutes before she went in after him.

If two more minutes pass, or if there's a commotion from inside:
    "Gabe, plan B, kill everything that's not my cousin," she whispered, unholstering her pistol, "stay quiet, get the drop on them."

Spoiler
    Show
    dex + obfuscate + stealth: (6d10)[9][10][7][7][9][9](51)
    10 again: (6d10)[8][9][10][5][2][10](44)
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl spends a little time looking for the key without success. Perhaps four or five minutes after going in, the front door opens again and those outside hear a whisper. "Your cousin has had better days, but she will live. She is asleep at the moment, as is one of her guards. But she is also cuffed in place and I do not see the key, so simply walking out with her is not going to work."

"I am going to attempt to take down the guard that's awake without disturbing the other one. Be ready to move in if there's a ruckus. If you don't hear anything in the next 45 seconds or so, it should be safe to enter, but do so quietly."
    Karl describes where everyone is in relation to the entry points so the others are oriented if they have to come in a hurry.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Karl is thirsty anyways, so his plan is simply to feed on thug number one while letting phone number two doze on. Slip up from behind while still obfuscated, one hand on the thugs mouth, one hand on his gun, fangs in. Using kiss to maximize the chance of his going unnoticed.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Your cousin has had better days, but she will live. She is asleep at the moment, as is one of her guards. But she is also cuffed in place and I do not see the key, so simply walking out with her is not going to work."
    Karl's news is nothing unexpected, but it still makes Anna's blood absolutely boil. The Beast immediately starts raging in the back of Anna's mind, demanding violent revenge!

Spoiler: OOC: Karl's Plan
    Show
    First off, I am writing this as such in case TC wan'ts to respond or interact with Karl. There is no dice roll necessary to get back to the two gangsters, or to initiate a feed. However, in initiating the feed I'll give you two options. Karl can simply feed on the boy while remaining "hidden". The target will be aware of what is happening, and would be able to perceive Karl, though if he drains him unconscious it does not matter. However, this option brings with it the risk of the other kid being woken by this guy moaning out in the ecstasy of the Kiss. Because of this, Karl will need to make a Str + Stealth + obfuscate or alternatively Dex + Brawl + obfuscate roll to keep it all hidden.

Alternatively, Karl can spend an extra Vitae to extend Cloak of the Night into his Touch of the Shadows, making the target disappear completely as well, and absolving the need for a roll.

Lastly, to expedite things, please specify how many blood points Karl is going to take.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

Anna

“Just make it fast,” Anna said, barely able to keep herself in check.

45 seconds, that’s not so long, and maybe there’ll be a fight anyway..
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl steps back into the room. He takes a moment to check that the second thug was still dozing, before slipping up behind the one that is gaming and sinking his fangs into his neck while dragging the gang member into the shadows along with the Mekhet.

Karl keeps an eye on the other thug, if there's any sign of him waking, he'll use a free hand to take up his current victim's pistol and point it at the other guy.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'll go ahead and use the point of vitae to be safe, and then drain as many bp as it takes to drop him into unconsciousness, minimum 3.

@TC, check discord for a discussion of our options here.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2020-09-01 at 04:35 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The boy makes the slightest of noises at Karl's touch, but before more than a whisper can escape his lips, Karl has pulled him completely into oblivion. It is like the shadowy stuff that made Karl's Beast were swallowing the boy whole, pulling him nearly off of his chair and choking out all sound from his voice, so that his companion remained asleep and undisturbed.

The kid's blood is hot, almost spicy on the tongue, or fiery like a scotch whiskey. His youth is peppered with an unbridled animosity that was not visible from watching him on his phone. It is like the kid was a bubbling pot of rage under his skin, and Karl was taking this rage into himself. Despite the flavor of the boy's inner state, he is taken completely by surprise and offers no struggle against the paralyzing effect of The Kiss, giving into Karl's feed. Within a few moments the gangster is completely limp, his weight help up only by Karl's arms as he licks the wound closed.

Show
    So there aren't great rules for unconsciousness, though he would gain the Drained condition at 3 vitae, if that's how much we want to say causes the boy to go out at. Technically, the rules state you only risk unconcioussness when you have bashing in your farthest health box, but feeding causes lethal damage, meaning making him go to sleep would also technically put him at Death's door. So I'm happy to say it's when he takes the drained condition if this works for everyone. Remember, prior to feeding Karl's blood pool will be at 4 vitae.

Outside, Anna is left to wait, each second seeming like an eternity, her mind racing with the desire to punish those who have captured and tortured her cousin.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl takes a little more to be sure this one would sleep soundly, then carries him back to the door, "All right, I have an idea to handle this mess without getting our names attached. We'll let the police be the heroes. Stuff this one in the trunk and take off. Wait for me well out of sight, say by that derelict warehouse to the east? Shouldn't be any active cameras there. In a few minutes I'll fire his gun to kill the other one, and make lots of noise for the neighbors to hear and call in. Then I'll hoof it to your position. I'll make it look like this one killed the other and ran off for whatever reason, leaving the girl behind. The cops will get Katie to the hospital and chase their tail for a while trying to find the one we took. Given who's involved I doubt they'll put in much effort. Can either of you see a flaw?"

"Anna, I know that look, are you going to be able to hold it together for this? We don't have much time before the dawn."

If there are no objections, Karl will hand off the unconscious thug, and briefly put the gun in his hand to ensure fresh and clean fingerprints.

Show
    Assuming by that you mean we're risking death at 6, I'll go ahead and take 5 bp to be thorough and top off a little more. This one's health is not a top priority regardless.

Karl will assume the dominant hand for the thug based on how the gun was stowed.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2020-09-03 at 09:30 PM.