New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ravnica

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Ravnica

Ravnica
    The city of guilds, a place where anything can happen, and horrors crawl in the underground of the sewers.
    An incident has occurred in Precinct 5 near the Blistercoils, an unusual occurance due to the private laboratories being mostly stable. This has created a lot of attention, with Izzet being blamed for this occurrence as explosions are caused mostly by them. However, the lab seems to of been a weird laboratory, but they don't seem to be controlled by anyone as they are roaming around, attacking anyone that approaches them.
    The rumors have spread and many of the guilds are wondering what may have occurred, due to its proximity to the Simic guild hall. A group has been sent, each with their own goals in mind to meet each other and solve this problem.

The Simic and Izzet have sent requests for assistance to the other guilds in this matter, with the Simic guild believing this incident was caused to prevent their research from advancing further, so both have sent representatives of their representative guilds. As the Azorus's officers were all preoccupied, the Boros sends two soldiers to investigate with the group. The Golgari also sent one representative, though the Simic aren't sure why the Golgari would take an interest in the events happening on the surface.
    They are to meet at the Hightower.
    Last edited by Marywn; 2019-01-13 at 07:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marywn View Post
    TIME FOR THESAURUS.COM!
    Consummate
    For a sufficiently sexy Fey patron, that might be the best word yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Have Barbarian Bear Totem Centaur, who's being ridden by a Cavalier Centaur, who's being ridden by a Life Cleric Centaur, who's being ridden by a Goliath Monk, who's being ridden by a Gnomish Warlock.

HI-HO SILVER, AWAYYYYYYY~!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Ravnica

Razzix waits in the main atrium of the Hightower area. I could be conducting two or three experiments this afternoon. Maybe four if I spaced them out in the lab equally. But nooo, Razzix has to investigate the explosions. Screw your science plan Razzix, dying people and the reputation is way more important. Damn Zyr. The small goblin in the Izzet colored robes paces up and down the giant marble structure, that is constantly filled with students of all races. How will they even see me. Of course people are enchanted by my charisma but if they don't see me.

Razzix is bored, and annoyed. He looks around if there is some experiment to conduct. He finally decides to go to the front desk and tell them, if a research team is looking for him, they are to find him at the "Colors of Magic", a local coffee bar where he orders a quadruple espresso, and a small bottle of volatile spirits. Within a few minutes, the goblin, now hopped up on 4 shots of espresso, has added a distillation apparatus to his table and tries to concentrate the spirits he was given even more. There are eyes turning at him already but so far no one dares to approach for fear of being caught in the explosion themselves.

The goblin is jumping around the table, checking for the distillation to not go awry. If it goes the right way, the resulting alchemical concoctions might not even make him temporarily blind this time.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Haati leaves as soon as he hears notice of an explosion and doesn't even register that another Boros is supposed to go with him. He approaches the Hightower disgruntled and suspicious of the goings on of Izzet.
    Where is everyone, I can't be the only one who thinks this could be deadly and extremely dangerous to everyone in Ravnica. Science is necessary sure but this risk is ridiculous
    He stands with his arms crossed at the Hightower looking around.
    Last edited by TheAxeman; 2019-01-15 at 01:59 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Surissa waits patiently at Hightower for meeting of representatives, she sits almost perfectly still, as if in meditation, though her mind considers the results of four different experiments, while also considering the possible outcomes of this meeting.
    The Izzet share similar ideals to her own, but had little restraint - while the Simic would risk life for science they would weigh the risks before doing so, not rush blindly in pursuit of knowledge like moths rushing to a flame.
    She had noticed the goblin who had thankfully departed and hopes that he is not the representative she would need to work with, of all the Izzet - goblins were the most volatile...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

It is a bright, sunny day. That is to say, it is perhaps the worst kind of day to be on the surface for someone so accustomed to the dark dretches of the undercity. The light stings the eyes, and even the skin at times as the sun beats down, keeping the busy city warm.

Zarina can't stand the thought of this, being surrounded by so many people in such a bright place. It makes her uncomfortable, not only having difficulty seeing but also knowing that there are so few chances to skulk and remain outside of the city's eye. But this was a specific matter, given by her Matka. Look into what caused this explosion, for it threatened even the layers upon layers of city buried deep below the surface.

She wouldn't disappoint, no matter how taxing this seemed to her.

She arrives close to the appointed meeting time at the base of the hightower. She gives no greeting or even acknowledgement of any others, be they passerbys or part of the presumed clean up team.
    Last edited by Buufreak; 2019-01-14 at 11:44 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

You all hear a muffled bang with added gasping and then shouting.

It did not EXPLODE! It did IMPLODE! Be precise. What kind of barista are you that you do no know the difference of that? Razzix shrieks at the bartender. If you enter the café, they are arguing in front of a burning table and a small area which is covered in glass shards. If anyone enters the cafe, rushing or not, Razzix will jump calmly down from his seat and greet the newcomers.

Ah, you must be the investigation team Master Zyr spoke about.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

The barkeep yelling at Razzik is a lightly skinned human in a black suit, while his face is beet red as he yells at Razzik.
    "Explode, Implode it doesn't change the fact that you've charred my god damn table!" The customers are looking with gaping mouths as the barkeep begins the forcefully remove the goblin from his cafe before he explodes the entire cafe. Whispers of more Izzet activity are sure to be spread quickly with this action.
    Last edited by Marywn; 2019-01-14 at 10:50 PM.
    TIME FOR THESAURUS.COM!
    Consummate
    Have Barbarian Bear Totem Centaur, who's being ridden by a Cavalier Centaur, who's being ridden by a Life Cleric Centaur, who's being ridden by a Goliath Monk, who's being ridden by a Gnomish Warlock.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Haathi flinches when he hears the explosion and immediately grabs his Warhammer with his trunk and puts in in his left hand. He walks over to the "Colors of Magic" where he heard this sound and approaches the charred goblin who was ejected from the establishment.
    What is your business here and why are you causing these people trouble?
    It's clear that seeing an Izzet Goblin blowing things up isn't how he wanted to start this mission.
    Last edited by TheAxeman; 2019-01-15 at 02:04 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

The ethyl alcohol was too diluted for my liking so I distilled it. Perfectly I might add, until some bozo he looks at the waiter broke off the biomancy cooler. As he is shooed out, Razzix has another brilliant idea. Send Master Zyr the bill. As I am detained by this obviously angry Boros and forced to repair anything. he whispers to Haathi. Play along to keep it down! He then proceeds to concentrate on the shards with a spell. They fly in the air, hovering in place and mending back together. After a minute he has mended the flask, and his alchemy gear, though any spilled drink remains on the floor.

Outside on the bustling streets, Razzix bows down in front of the Loxodon. Razzix of the Izzet League, I was tasked with this important endeavor instead of continuing my research in a more suitable environment. He sighs. Not that you get the wrong opinion of me, I am actually an expert alchemist. I just need a lab. Right after that, he seems distracted by two birds flying across campus.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

As it dawns on Haathi as to what the goblin is saying he realizes
    Oh no, THIS is the Izzet they decided to send? He blew something up before we even got the place where we're supposed to clean up an explosion. How quaint.
    Haathi is surprised by how eloquently the goblin speaks even though he looks as he should speak like a crazed homeless person. Haathi uses his trunk to take the Warhammer from his hand and place it onto his back.
    Forgive my manners, my name is Haathi Barakaan. I have been sent by Boros to investigate the Blistercoil incedent and I take you have been assigned the same task. Please return with me to the Hightower.
    Last edited by TheAxeman; 2019-01-15 at 11:54 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Ah yes, is this where you have stationed your battalion, sergeant? If we are to find the perpetrator or any clue, we have to use a dragnet investigation. The council cannot leave with in the dark with that. It was terrorism! Rakdos maniacs. Or Gruul barbarians. The further the goblin get with his irate ranting, the louder he becomes. Ugh, I must calm myself! he takes a big drag of the liquor he bought at the coffee shop. Razzix coughs. Well then, go ahead. the goblin adds and follows sheepishly.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

As they approach the Hightower Haathi is getting tired of waiting. They need to get to the Blistercoils. He says very loudly, in a deep powerful voice
    Excuse me myself and this Izzet, Razzix, seek the other members of the Blistercoil task team. We are looking for a Golgari and a Simic representative, this task is of utmost importance please join us so we may go there and complete our assignment.
    Haathi looks around expectantly eager for someone to respond.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

We've been waiting for you, actually. Can we move along then? Zarina says it in a cool and calm manner, not making any sort of eye contact with he or the goblin. She has watched the entire scene develop from afar.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

A sound of rapid footsteps approaches the group as they hear a high pitched voice scream out. "
    Wait! Wait! Wait! Don't start without me!
    "

Just then a small red eyed goblin wearing a clown outfit and jester's cap races through the hightower and slides on his knees into the center of the group with his hands poised dramatically high above his head and his face grinning from cheek to cheek. "Taadaa! HAHAHA! That was close! I'm sure things almost got boring there for a second, though I did hear there was an explosion that helped keep things interesting!"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Zarina winces for a moment, almost reeling from the mass of spectacles this endeavor has turned into.

Another goblin. Are they usually this loud?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Haathi takes a second and squints at this Goblin. Then says
    I hope not, please don't blow anything up. My name is Haathi Barakaan, Boros Legionnaire, and I would like to start heading to the Blistercoils, I would also request we all introduce ourselves for formalities sake.
    Haathi begins making his way towards the Blistercoils and pauses for the group to join him.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The clown goblin jumps to his feet and then performs a deep flourished bow. "Introductions, of course! Fizzy the Clown is here to entertain you all! Please hold your applause until the end of the show."

When the Loxodon begins moving forward Fizzy will flamboyantly spin towards him and then jump into the air to turn to skipping along.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Razzix is no good judge of character but he immediately feels threatened by the goblin clown. A simic researcher is weird too but at least he shares a common goal, and its not even one of those weird hybrid monsters. Name's Razzix, just Razzix, of the Izzet League of course. What interests have you in the investigation of all of this, Fizzy?

Before waiting for a response, Razzix casts a protective spell on him as if expecting a dagger thrust rather than an answer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Mage Armor.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Fizzy head twists almost awkwardly to face Razzix in response to his inquiry. "Hahaha! My interest? Why, my interest is that it is interesting of course! Because there is wonderful things to see and even more wonderful fun to be had!"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Colossus in the Playground

Nerissa, having been called but also being kept late at her lab, dashes into the room. "I'm here, I'm here!" she says. "Sorry for being late-there was a little trouble with some electromagnetic containment fields, and some elemental leakage, and... You know, problems. But I'm here!"
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Surissa takes a deep breath, before opening her eyes. It looks like the goblin is going to be the representative. My mind is my bastion, I will endure this.
    "I am the Simic representative. Here and willing to serve the council."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Containment fields? Only we Izzet have these! Who are you, girl, and why haven't I seen you anywhere before? By the gods, you seem even more average than an Azorius know-it-all.

He turns to Fizzy. What in the? You haven't been assigned to this. Be gone, what use would you have in all of this?

He nods at Surissa and grins. Yes, Master Zyr told me, Simic would cooperate. Great, at last a friend amongst the less astute. Now, shall we get going to check the Blistercoils then?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Fizzy strokes his chin in an attempt to look quizzical that is utterly ruined by the fact that his grin still doesn't his face. "Use? Use..."

He then snaps his fingers as if reaching an epiphany and cackles with glee "HAHAHA! I actually DO have one of those! I believe this little adventure can give me the inspiration for my next great performance! And while my people don't really do these "assignments" that you speak of they may find it quite rude to throw a party among the different guilds and not let one of us join you."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, the group has assembled, sort of because no one expected a rakdos to come aboard but nevertheless. As told by your appropriate superiors, there is also supposed to be a special person that will help lead you to the lab and help you gather information, but it seems they are not present.You can look for them if you shall choose.

You can choose several ways to approach this situtation as they didn't specifically state anything about how you accomplised your mission, just that you got it done as quickly as possible.
    Last edited by Marywn; 2019-01-17 at 10:38 PM.
    TIME FOR THESAURUS.COM!
    Consummate

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Do NOT threaten us, jester! Razzix adds. Follow and help where you can. If you prove a hindrance you are asked to leave.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Haathi stops and turns around to look at this group of various allegiances and races. Puzzled by the stitching together of these odd folks he brushes aside his confusion and asks
    It's a pleasure to be working with you all. Does anyone know of this guide that should be here? I for one would like to get to the Blistercoils immediately. I honestly don't think we need the guide, but I am not in charge here.
    He walks back to the group and looks around for anyone that looks like they are looking for a group such as this one.
    Last edited by TheAxeman; 2019-01-18 at 01:38 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

The coils are connected to the main torque matrices which are influenced by the height gradient in the liquid force converters which also emit sound waves. After a short elipse of baffled faces Razzix adds: In other words, we have to get to the waterfalls. Which are loud.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

The serene sound of rushing water. Sounds nice.

But what of a guide? We are most foreign here, shouldn't we wait until proper escort arrives?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

The Loxodon stands completely still and he breathes deeply.
    We should get moving or we should look around for the guide, there shall be no wasted time.
    He begins to look around for a guide.

Spoiler: Perception check
    Show
    Perception check: 18
    Last edited by TheAxeman; 2019-01-19 at 10:05 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Indeed no wasted time! Razzix darts away east a few hundred feet before realizing he should return and look for the guide. By the mystical underpants of Jace, where is the damn guy.