New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default 3.0 My character died today and idk what character should i play next.

Hello.

My barbarian died today so I will roll new character.

Im thinkig about druid. I want to fight on first lane and cast spells. But idk how good this class is in 3.0 and how to build it. We can use all prestige classes from 3.0. From 3.5 if DM will aprove it. My character will start on lvl 9. I want to go as dwarf.

I was also thinking about cleric with classes of battlesmith (1-2 levels) and with hammer of Moradin. Both from 3.5

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: 3.0 My character died today and idk what character should i play next.

Just how 3.0 are we talking here? What specific elements of 3.0 (as distinct from 3.5) are you using? You mentioned some 3.5 material, so are you allowed to use 3.5 material? If so, what restrictions are you faced with?

Druid are Cleric are both fine frontline spellcasters. Do you have anything in mind for what you want your spells to do? Self-buffing, party-buffing, direct damage, battlefield alteration, etc.?
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: 3.0 My character died today and idk what character should i play next.

Druid is very powerful. But the animal companion, wild shaping, summoning, etcetera becomes a huge amount of paperwork.

Cleric is a bit easier, sorta, and plenty powerful enough in near any game.

Either would work fine with barbarian, btw, but neither needs it.