New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Slasher villain design

Are there any resources I can use for reference in making and designing Slasher Horror film villains (such as Jason Voorhes, Freddy Kreuger and Michael Myers)?
    If you don't know of any, is there any simpler way of saying slasher/horror film villains?

I like to create builds and see them as optimized as powerful. I also have an annoying habit of having gratuitous character ideas and used to regularly ask to switch them out, or ask for small, against-the-rules, caveats to see a character come to completion without being hopelessly useless.
    While I have kicked a few of these habits, or at least slowed them, I try to keep all of my builds/ideas across as few, as official, and as popular rulebooks as possible as to avoid annoying everyone else.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Slasher villain design

I don't think it's necessarily a great resource, but there's a new World of Darkness splatbook about "Slashers", which are basically movie slashers. It might some interesting inspiration.
    https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Wo...kness:_Slasher

TVTropes probably has a lot of examples you could draw from and piece together to design one of your own.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

There's an indie RPG called "The Final Girl" that seeks to emulate slasher films - and it has some information on this, albeit somewhat scattered information.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by stewstew5 View Post
    Are there any resources I can use for reference in making and designing Slasher Horror film villains (such as Jason Voorhes, Freddy Kreuger and Michael Myers)?
    If you don't know of any, is there any simpler way of saying slasher/horror film villains?
    I would just call them slashers honestly.

Pretty much all slashers share the basic trait of being recognizably human but dehumanized in some way. Masks, scars, being an animated doll, etc. They also usually follow human rules while being observed while not when being offscreen.

So if you see Jason go into a house he walks in, but he can also clearly teleport into spaces when unobserved.