New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Flight 265 [IC] - Issue 1 - Awakenings

Eric McMahon

Eric's eyes pop out as the bullets start flying. With a wordless cry, he runs towards Agent #3 to tackle him.
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Daniel Horton

Daniel was caught completely by surprise when the big man rolled through the door and all three "agents" began peppering the room with bullets. He was so close he couldn't hope to move out of the way in time, but what seemed like years passed and despite them firing in his direction he hadn't felt much. By some miracle they must have missed him, or at least that's what his frazzled mind had him thinking. Either that or his body was in shock or high on adrenaline and he just couldn't feel the wounds yet. He decided it didn't matter. As long as he had some strength in his limbs he was going to do something to stop these madmen.

Lawrence went down after...well...Daniel wasn't quite sure what just happened but Lawrence, the only guy here he even half knew, crumpled to the floor...maybe dead. That was what had Daniel running full tilt at Agent #2 right there in front of him, screaming in wordless rage. He didn't do anything fancy when he got there, he just balled up his fist and hit the man as hard as he could, putting his body and all of his strength behind the blow just like they taught him in boxing class.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Nathan streamed forward from the room, trying to knock the pistol from the first agents hand. Perhaps it was a miscalculation on the part of Nathan - the man was a trained killer (or at least, seemed very good at it), and Nathan, though in good shape, was most certainly not. The agent brushed him aside with ease, and growled in his general direction.

"I told you to stay put Mr. James. Consider it a demonstration of our seriousness in this matter. Things will be much worse for you if you misbehave."

The third agent stopped for a moment as his bullets fell harmlessly away from Robert, deflected by some form of shield. However his distraction was only momentary before he unloaded another burst in the general direction of the youngster - this time the youngster raised his arm, and noted that there was a giant, flaming shield upon his arm, which again, deflected the bullets. It was also around then that he noticed the giant, flaming wings that had sprouted from his back.

While much strangeness was going on unseen behind him, Daniel stepped forward towards the second agent and released some of that pent up rage upon the man. The agent tried to block the attack, but failed. Instead, his head snapped back quickly. It was a solid punch to be sure, but not enough to fell the man.

Back in the kitchen Eric McMahon displayed a reckless sense of honour usually reserved for infantry types as he charged forward into the oncoming fire. He moved quickly, and delivered a solid, swift punch, but it was not enough to catch the gunman, who quickly ducked out of the way.

The first agent, seeing Daniel's display of boxing prowess, took aim at the former businessman at point blank range and fired...

Combat
    Round 1
    Nathan - Failed to disarm agent #1
    Agent #3 - Fired a spray of bullets at Robert, all of which were deflected by his shield of flame.
    Daniel - Walked forward and punched agent #2. Succeeded in hurting the man.
    Eric - Charged agent #3 and missed with a punch.
    Agent #1 - Shot Daniel at point blank range.
    Robert
    Ann
    Agent #2

I will update the map at the end of the round, unless there is a request for it.
    *Insert something witty here*

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Robert Harrison

With the miracle of the flames, Robert gains confidence he didn't know he had. He dashes forward at full charge against the third agent firing at him, his sword of fire positioned to..."disarm" the agent, so to speak.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Robert, now with a flaming sword to go along with the flaming wings and flaming shield he has previously displayed, steadily advances on his attacker. Seeing this monster of brilliant flame approach, the agent panics, but he is not fast enough to get away. Robert's heavy blow lands true, knocking away the agent's weapon.

Ann, now cognizant of what is going on, rushes to Lawrence's side - her mind much to concerned about his condition to think about trifles like "how the hell did he do that"?

The second agent, his jaw still sore from the solid blow delivered by Daniel, decides to return the favor and drives his shoulder squarely into Daniel's chest with a heavy blow - one that doesn't even make Daniel flinch.

[[OOC]]
    New Map

As you can see Jackson is about to join the commotion (if he wishes) - he'll be able to act at the end of the round.

Round One
    Nathan - Failed to disarm agent #1
    Agent #3 - Fired a spray of bullets at Robert, all of which were deflected by his shield of flame.
    Daniel - Walked forward and punched agent #2. Succeeded in hurting the man.
    Eric - Charged agent #3 and missed with a punch.
    Agent #1 - Shot Daniel at point blank range.
    Robert - Stalked towards a gun-toting agent menacingly and swung his new, flamey sword, disarming Agent #3.
    Ann - Ran to Lawrence's Side
    Agent #2 - Delivered a heavy, ineffective blow to Robert's chest.

Round 2
    Nathan -
    Agent #3 -
    Daniel -
    Eric -
    Agent #1 -
    Robert -
    Ann -
    Agent #2 -
    Jackson -

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan James

Nathan inexpertly recovered from his failed attempt at disarming the leader. Realizing that his opponent was clearly more skilled, he decided to switch to a different tactic.

"Even if you do capture me, do you honestly believe they'll buy that I did this? I'm a diplomat, not a soldier. They'll find out about you, and take you down!"

Hoping his opponent was paying more attention to what he was saying than what he was doing, he once again tried to take the gun from him.

((Move action to demoralize with intimidate at a -5 penaly, Standard action to disarm)

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Eric McMahon

Eric frowned, annoyed with himself that his punch had missed. Then his eyes bulged out at the sight of Robert with the flaming sword and shield.

Shaking his head to clear the shock, he wracked his brain to come up with something else to do to immobilize Agent #3. In despariation, he dropped to the ground and wrapped his arms around the agent's legs. Rugby skills, don't fail me now! he thought.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Daniel Horton

Daniel once again shrugged off a blow from the much bigger man, surprising himself as much if not more than his opponent. Still, he wasn't about to look a gift horse in the mouth. He seemed to have enough strength to easily punch a hole in the wall...So, he wondered... Maybe he could put the agent through as easily as his fist?

So, with that in mind, Daniel grabbed the agent by the nearest arm while the guy was in close. Then, whipping him around and lifting the man off his feet if he had the strength, he attempted to throw him through the nearest wall. (South on the map from their position, directly in front of Daniel.)

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The first agent just smiled at Nathan's attempt at intimidation. "My dear Mr. James..." he replied, quite smoothly despite the obvious chaos of the situation "...do you really think that I would be allowed to do this if there were concerns about my discovery? I'm merely following my orders - as you should have. The rest? I let my superiors handle that." The attempt to disarm him a second time (along with his inability to hit Daniel at close range) seemed to break that level of cool, but he - again - easily avoided the diplomats clumsy attempt to disarm his opponent.

Meanwhile, Agent #3, no without a weapon and faced with something he would have called an impossibility two minutes before, began to panic. Deciding the non-flaming opponent was the easiest target (and the one less likely to be a phantasm caused by some NSA mind-altering drug), he dropped back into a standard fighting stance and delivered a swift blow to Eric's jaw. The blow didn't land clean, but it was hard enough that it hurt the former navy man.

Daniel, emboldened by his recent displays of strength, reached out to grab the second agent. The attempt was clumsy, but effective none-the-less. As Daniel's hands caught the intruder by the collar the agent managed to knock one hand away - but one hand was all the businessman needed, and in a moment the agent was flying across the room, and out the large picture window, across the street and into the building adjacent.

Eric McMahon, still a little bit sore from the rather hard punch from the rather large man, ducked and tackled his attacker. For a second it looked as if the big man might brush off his attack as easily as the first attacker brushed off Nathan's attempt to disarm. But Eric was ex-navy, and knew a thing or two about hand-to-hand combat. Although his jaw ached from the punch, he dropped his center of gravity and managed to take the agent to the floor with him

Determined to end the fight left in this amazingly lucky (and surprisingly strong) young man, the first agent reloaded his firearm, stepped out around the door, and emptied it into Daniel's head and chest. One bullet in particular, caught the business man square in the forehead - obvious to all as Daniel's neck snapped back from the sheer momentum of the impact. But that was the extent of it. His head snapped back as if he had caught an uppercut to the jaw, not a bullet to the forehead, and then returned to it's normal position -complete with a crumpled bullet embedded against his forehead.

Round 2
    Nathan - Attempts to intimidate and disarm Agent #1, both with no success
    Agent #3 - Catches Eric with an uppercut
    Daniel - Throws Agent #2 out the window. And across the street. And through the next buildings windows.
    Eric -Tackles Agent #3
    Agent #1 -Unloads a full clip into Daniel (okay, probably not kosher w/the rules, but done for drama), including one putting one square on the mans forehead.
    Robert -
    Ann -
    Agent #2 - Across the street and out of action.
    Jackson -
    Last edited by The_New_Guy; 2007-10-10 at 11:07 AM.

10. - Top - End - #100

PirateCaptain

Robert Harrison

Robert ran over to the now tackled Agent and pointed the tip of the flaming blade at his throat.

"If you know what is good for you, stop."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Daniel Horton

Daniel stared out the shattered window and the hole in the building on the opposite side of the street, wondering if he'd killed the man and speechless at the amount of strength he'd just displayed. He'd tossed the guy across the street and through two walls or windows just as easily as if he'd thrown a baseball. He was still in shock when he turned to hear footsteps coming out of Nathan's room.

This time he felt the impact of each bullet, his mind slowly coming to terms with the fact that they were simply slapping harmlessly against him. He just raised an eyebrow as the agent unloaded the rest of his pistol's clip from less than ten feet away, even putting one round dead center in the middle of Daniel's forehead. His head snapped back from the blow, but his ears weren't even ringing when he slowly brought it back up. The flattened bullet slid off of his forehead and into his hand and he lifted it up to the light for a moment just to see for himself. "Yeah...okay."

Daniel's eyes focused past the flattened pistol round and focused on the last agent standing, a small smirk alighting upon his features as he started walking towards the guy. Reaching out, he grabbed the barrel of the agent's pointed pistol and with a quick squeeze of his hand, twisted the weapon into uselessness. "I think it's about time you guys told us who you are and what you want...or else I might just decide my throwing arm needs more of a workout." he threatened, nodding his head backwards at the shattered window.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan James

Nathan watched in shock as the bullet barely scratched Daniel. Deciding to use the opportunity it presented, he aimed a blow to the leader's gut. Keeping his expression under control as best he could, he abruptly switched directions, aiming for the man's face instead. He was banking on the man not harming him; he knew the blow had left him wide open.

((Bluff to Feint as a move action, and a standard attack. I'll use Aggressive Stance to decrease my Defence by 4, and increase attack by 2))

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The third agent didn't particularly believe in the image of the avenging angel that appeared above him. To his mind it just couldn't be real, and so he chose to believe it was something - anything - else. Just an illusion, a trick of his mind. He pushed himself up in an attempt to disengage himself from Eric McMahon, but stopped as he felt the blade press against his throat. Illusions and tricks of the mind shouldn't press so against his windpipe. And yet he could've sworn he felt a trickle of blood run down the side of his neck. He froze, and gave up resisting, surrendering to whatever monster it was that he faced.

The first agent wasn't so easily convinced. Of course, he hadn't yet retreated into the realm of "this is all just an illusion". He just convinced himself that all his bullets had missed Daniel, that his aim was off. It was very hard, however, to keep up that pretense when the bullet slid off Daniel's forehead, and he held it out for all to see. Daniel taking the gun and bending it was the breaking point. His mind just couldn't handle what he was seeing. No one was so strong as to bend a gun barrel so effortlessly. No one could stop bullets with their forehead and not wind up in intensive care. It was a trick. It was a magician's trick. Somehow he was being fooled.

Deciding to take matters, quite literally, into his own hand, he stepped forward to hit Daniel with an open-palm blow. If it landed - which by all rights it should have - it would've severely incapacitated any foe. He threw his entire weight and will into the blow, hoping somehow to end the madness...

...and was stopped as Nathan finally landed a blow, coming across and blindsiding the agent as he moved forward. It wasn't heavy, but the agent was off-balance and it managed to knock him from his feet and to his back.

Then, a noise at the door. It sounded like someone was beating on the door. Not beating on it. Beating it down.

...THUD...

...THUD...

...THUD...

The door crashed open, and yet another agent - dressed in the default 'agent black' suit fell inwards upon it. Followed by two more agents (still standing) and the more familiar Agent Andrews. All with pistols drawn, pointing to all corners of the room.

"What the [expletive deleted] is going on here?" Arthur's voice was full of stress as his eyes surveyed the scene in front of him.

"Uhh... Agent Andrews...." said one of the still standing, accompanying agents, his voice somewhat unsteady "...his...uh... his... err... wings are... um... on fire."

"I can see that Mr. Richards...."

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Daniel Horton

Daniel nodded to Nathan with a small smile, a look of respect for handling himself well. He was glaring down at the lead agent as Andrews and Co. busted into the room with pistols drawn. Pretty sure that if pistols hadn't hurt him before, they wouldn't again, Daniel reached down and grabbed the lead agent by his collar and lifted him bodily up into the air. Again, no man should have been able to do this without at least straining, but when Daniel shifted him to one hand, holding him straight-armed and easily, Andrews would be sure to notice.

"You want to explain this, Andrews? The two here and the one I threw out the window all came in here in government standard uniform and started shooting at us. Lawrence- OH GOD!" Daniel suddenly remembered that Lawrence had been shot. He tossed the lead agent down at Andrew's feet and rushed over to where Anne was kneeling by her husband. "Someone call an ambulance! Jesus Christ, he's been shot!" he yelled to the room. "Anne, is he..." he trailed off, the question obvious.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jackson Ford

It was at this point that Jackson, who had been in a sort of stupor at seeing all these things happening, finally shook himself out of it and ran to Lawrence. "Oh hell oh hell don't be dead come on come on don't be dead..." he muttered to himself as he tried to do some form of first aid on Lawrence's prone form.

(((1d20+5)[10](15) : Medicine))
    Got Fire?
    Spoiler
    Show

Siggies by Dr. Bath. Avatar by Dr. Bath. Thanks a bundle, guys!

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan James

Nathan's line of sight had been blocked by the lead agent before, but now his mouth hung open at the sight of some sort of fiery angel of death. He was forcibly brought back to reality when the agents burst in.

While he was happy that what were hopefully real NSA agents had shown up, he realized that he wasn't out of the woods yet. He would have to talkwith Agent Andrews privately before anything else like this happened. Nathan resolved to keep quiet, and do so at the first opportunity.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Andrews was rather unimpressed by Daniel's display of strength, or at least it seemed so, the way his face failed to even shift a fraction of an inch when Daniel lifted the man off the ground. However, before he or the other men had a chance to react (admittedly they were a bit slow on the trigger - what with the flaming angel-like figure in the back of the room) Daniel had dropped the man and bounded - almost flew even - across the room to the place where Lawrence had fallen.

The prognosis wasn't good. An was too busy weeping to hear the question, but even a basic knowledge of medicine would tell one that the bullet had caught Lawrence in some vital area, and he had thus lost a tremendous amount of blood even in just a few seconds. His pulse was weak, and his breathing was somewhere between shallow and non-existent, learning to the non-existent end of the spectrum.

Andrews moved into action as Daniel spoke, bounding across the room with a great deal of grace - but far slower than Daniel had. "Call a bus..." he shouted as he moved, not bothering to look back to see that his orders had been followed. "...tell them we have a man d-".

...CRACK...

The report of a gunshot echoed in the room. It was odd in that it was a single, solitary gunshot - moments earlier all one could hear was the scream of bullets. A single gunshot was much more - attention getting. Andrews spun around quickly, almost losing balance as he changed direction suddenly.

"He reached for the gun..." said the agent who moments ago had been awed by Robert's wings rather sheepishly, nodding towards the first "agent" who now lay silenced, a bullet hole in the base of his skull.

"Damn..." replied Andrews, shaking his head and turning again to the place where Lawrence was downed, swiftly checking vital signs. "Just get the bus. And watch the other guy."

"I think the... err... Angel... has him under control sir."

"Just do it."

"Yes sir." The agent flipped out a phone and began talking into it in hushed tones.

Andrews continued, staring grimly at Lawrence and his pool of blood. "It's not good. I don't think the ambulance will get here in time. He's fading fast." He paused, shook his head. "And they weren't - aren't - NSA Mr. Horton. Unless they were rogues, in which case they're not NSA anyways. If the NSA wanted to kill you we could've done it a year ago. Or we could have done it without killing a fellow agent. They may have dressed the part, but any idiot can buy a black suit. Did you check their ID? Did they even carry ID?" He grumbled, stood tall, glancing back at the remaining "agent", and the remains of the first agent. "And where in the name of Christ did that kid get flaming wings? I mean that's rather neat - a trick like that can distract an entire room - but risky as all hell. How'd you do it?"

Ann wept as the life slowly slipped away from her finances body, aware that she was unable to do anything but watch. Tentatively she laid a hand upon his blood stained shoulder, trying in her way to at least comfort him in his last moments. For a moment it seemed as if Lawrence had drawn his last breath, and then sighed lightly, but a moment later a warm glow began to surround him. To describe it perfectly would be impossible, but it seemed to those watching closely his body was now glowing with a gentle light, like that of a candle. Then it faded, and with a sharp, deep cough he sat up - or more properly slouched up against the chair, and began to breath again.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_New_Guy View Post
    Andrews continued, staring grimly at Lawrence and his pool of blood. "It's not good. I don't think the ambulance will get here in time. He's fading fast." He paused, shook his head. "And they weren't - aren't - NSA Mr. Horton. Unless they were rogues, in which case they're not NSA anyways. If the NSA wanted to kill you we could've done it a year ago. Or we could have done it without killing a fellow agent. They may have dressed the part, but any idiot can buy a black suit. Did you check their ID? Did they even carry ID?" He grumbled, stood tall, glancing back at the remaining "agent", and the remains of the first agent. "And where in the name of Christ did that kid get flaming wings? I mean that's rather neat - a trick like that can distract an entire room - but risky as all hell. How'd you do it?"
    Daniel felt his teeth grinding together. He almost socked in the jaw for being so flippant about the situation, about Lawrence dying while they watched. He refrained from hurting the man, but couldn't keep the words from flying. "No, I didn't check their damn ID's. I was under the impression that we were safe with you people! And golly gee willakers, Mr. Andrews, all the neat tricks in the f*cking world didn't save Lawrence from taking a bullet when they shot at his wife! He's dying and you can't do a damn thing...to..."

Ann wept as the life slowly slipped away from her finances body, aware that she was unable to do anything but watch. Tentatively she laid a hand upon his blood stained shoulder, trying in her way to at least comfort him in his last moments. For a moment it seemed as if Lawrence had drawn his last breath, and then sighed lightly, but a moment later a warm glow began to surround him. To describe it perfectly would be impossible, but it seemed to those watching closely his body was now glowing with a gentle light, like that of a candle. Then it faded, and with a sharp, deep cough he sat up - or more properly slouched up against the chair, and began to breath again.
    "Holy sh*t!" Daniel stared wide eyed as Lawrence shot straight up, breathing and alive. "What did you do?" he asked Anne, his jaw hanging open. "On a related note, I think I'm going to throw up. Excuse me."

Daniel ran to the nearest bathroom as the adrenaline and shock wore off and the reality of the whole situation hit him like a freight train. He'd been shot!! Lawrence had been shot! Lawrence had come back from the dead! People were trying to kill him! Robert had flaming wings! He might have killed someone! He'd seen two men die (and one come back)! He reacted like any normal man who had never been around violence outside of a boxing match would have reacted. The contents of his stomach were violently deposited in the nearest toilet bowl and then he leaned against it groaning. "What the hell is going on? He wiped his mouth with some toilet paper and sat on his haunches.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Eric McMahon

Eric released the agent he was holding after seeing Robert had the man under control. However, the sight of Robert in "angel mode" had him stunned and he remained on the floor.

The final gunshot made him jump, and he rolled and half-rose. Seeing the situation under control, he dropped prone again. A distracted corner of his mind heard Daniel being sick in the bathroom. The rest of his mind was too confused to be able to come up with a coherent thought.

Slowly, he stood and looked around the room. Then he fainted.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jackson Ford

Jackson stares in awe at Ann's miraculous healing of Lawrence. That's all he's doing right now--staring, slack-jawed.
    Got Fire?
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111

PirateCaptain

Robert Harrison

There was no time to think about what was happening. Robert was focused on keeping the renegade agent subdued.

It was starting to be too much for him

"Can...can someone keep an eye on this guy? I think I'm ready to pass out."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Agent Andrews' reaction was one of somewhat silent disbelief. For a long time he stared, his mind considering the impossible possibility that he had just seen Ann bring a man back from the brink of death. Ann too was confused, but relief overwhelmed much of the confusion, and buried it deep between something that bordered on tears of joy.

The reactions around the room distracted Arthur from his thoughts considerations. With a gesture a second agent moved across the room and stood menacingly over the large assailant. With a fast, almost unconscious movement he kicked the assailants machine gun far across the room, to the doorway, where one of the other agents (in particular, the one Daniel had man-handled) picked it up.

"Alright..." said Arthur eventually, his eyes never leaving the newly resuscitated Lawrence "...there's some weird things happening here. I think maybe we made a mistake letting you guys go without testing. Or maybe I need to see a psych. At this point I don't know which. I take it by Ms. Reynold's miraculous healing powers, and Mr. Harrison's flaming wings - which I assume are real now and not just some kind of crazy special effects illusion - that you've all been noticing something odd about yourselves?" He didn't wait for a collective nod. Something about the situation told him not to stop talking. "We'll - I guess we'll reinterview you. Try and figure out what's happening. I'm... ah... not sure I believe it all just yet, but my mind is just spinning its tires trying to figure it all out. Maybe some of the good folks at the centre will know more. But that's for... a little bit later. Right now my concern is for your immediate safety. I need to know who these guys are and what they want. And how they found you? I can interrogate this guy, but answers will come more quickly from you if you know anything - and that will in turn assure your safety."

"Not that I'm so sure you need protection any more. But that's another issue...."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan James

Realizing that keeping quiet wasn't going to be an option with so many people in potential danger, Nathan sighed and spoke up.

"Look, I think I know some things about this, but it would be best if we discussed it in private."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Daniel Horton

Daniel came back into the living room with a glass of water, wiping sweat from his brow. Like any strong hurling session, Daniel felt gross and sweaty afterwards, but with the water he was starting to feel better. "Ugh..." he groaned, leaning against a wall. "I'd love to hear anything you'd like to contribute, Mr. James...though I agree we should get our would-be assassin out of the room before you say anything.

If Nathan had meant that he was only going to speak to Agent Andrews, he had another thing coming. There was absolutely no way Daniel was going to sit out while something might be explained. If they had a problem with it, well he'd already tossed one man out a window tonight...

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115

PirateCaptain

Robert Harrison

"I'm not sure I want to know. It might ruin the magic of having a gorram fire shield popping out of my wrist."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Daniel Horton

"Hey, it's not like I'm complaining. I feel like I could bench press a Toyota." Daniel swallowed another gulp of water, closing his eyes at the remaining taste of bile in his mouth. "I mean...I took a bullet to the forehead for god's sake! I don't even have a headache!" he couldn't help but grin. "I'm like Superman or something. This is amazing! I mean, what next? Can I fly too?"

"Still..." he sobered suddenly, the grin disappearing. "I'd like to know why I'm the way I am now...if it's harmful somehow or if it's going to suddenly go away I think that's something I'm going to have to be aware of." He walked into the room, giving the assassin a glare as he leaned one hip against the couch. "I mean, we haven't been awake a day and look at what's happened already. Something's definitely going on here and I don't think it's all just 'neat look at my super powers'."

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117

PirateCaptain

Robert Harrison

"Fly?" Robert stretched out his flaming wings. "You think I...oh sweet. I cannot wait to try that."

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Eric McMahon

Eric gave a soft groan as he regained consciousness. (OOC: He heard Daniel and Robert's comments.) Hearing Robert's comment about flying, he looked up to see the young man still had his wings. It wasn't a hallucination, then?

He managed to sit up, then looked at Agent Andrews. Yes, please, tell us what is going on. He turned to Nathan. Or you, if you think you know. I've been told I've been asleep for 2 years, realized fire treats my hands like iron to a magnet, seen a man thrown through a wall, and seen someone else turn into an angel. Please, someone, tell me this is just a dream!

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jackson Ford

Jackson shook his head, clearing it, before roughly slumping into the nearest cushioned chair. "This is... One of us is super strong, one of us can bring people back from the dead, one of us has freaking wings made out of fire... What the hell happened to us?" He seemed to be talking to himself, mostly, muttering just loud enough to be heard.
    Got Fire?
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Agent Andrews shook his head. "I've got no idea what's going on with your new..." he paused, shook his head "...talents, shall we say. Quite frankly, I'm not too sure I haven't suffered a brain aneurysm on the way up the stairs, and this is all just my imagination."

Arthur shook his head again, trying to get things straightened up. "But I don't earn my paycheck by pondering if I'm a man dreaming that I'm a butterfly, or a butterfly dreaming I'm a man, so we'll try and do this as by the book as possible. Hawkins, Wilson, Potter, can you escort this gentleman here out and downstairs and to the van. Take him back for questioning." There was a moment there, when the anger became palpable on Arthur's face. "Remember he's responsible for the death of a fellow agent, so don't spare the kid gloves, -k?"

The Agents placed a pair of handcuffs - roughly -on the last remaining attacker, and then - equally roughly - hoisted him from the ground and escorted him from the room.

"Now Mr. James - do you mind sharing with the others?"