PirateCaptain

Default Re: Flight 265 [IC] - Issue 1 - Awakenings

Robert Harrison

"Flaming Avenger? Nah, too gay."

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Lawrence shook his head. "Damn..." he said, all of a sudden even more glum "...I didn't even think of that. Ann and I are Canadians. How likely is it that your government is going to let us go home?"

And with that a new image flashed upon the still muted screen. The woman anchor, sitting behind her news desk, and an image in the top-right corner of the screen. One of an airplane and the words 'Flight 265' under it.
    *Insert something witty here*

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan James

"Crap."

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Eric McMahon

Wait. Hold on here.. How did they find out about that?!
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Robert Harrison

"Guardian of Ede-ooooh. That can't be good at all. Turn it up."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan James

"Could have been anyone. A plane going down on American soil? Every major network would have some pretty extensive coverage on it. Our names and pictures would certainly be shown. Reporters, Search and Rescue guys, family members, or even just someone who follows the news closely could have ID'd us."
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2007-11-13 at 03:41 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Lawrence hits the volume button as the anchor woman continued talking.

"...most two and a half years ago, has finally turned up."

"As many of you will remember..." continued Kevin "...one of our reporters - Frank Ferralio - was aboard that plane. We mourned his loss, but this morning we received a call from someone claiming to be Frank. Our producer was skeptical at first, but Frank... well, let's just say that this Frank knew somethings that only our Frank would know. Now we haven't seen Frank - apparently all the 'survivors' of Flight 265 are in NSA 'protective custody'. We haven't verified he is who he claims he is. But he certainly sounded and acted like Frank. And like I said, he knew things. Enough to make us announce this on the air."

"Now Frank said the NSA are quietly contacting friends and family, so we want to offer our services. If there's anyone - anyone - from Flight 265 out there listening, let us know and we'll try to track down your family for you, and arrange a reunion. If you're a friend or the family of one of these missing people, call your local representative and put pressure on them to get the NSA to release everyone and release the story."

8. - Top - End - #218

PirateCaptain

Robert Harrison

Robert stared at the screen. All this time, he hadn't thought too much of his family. His friends. He was too caught up in the moment. It isn't every day that you gain super powers.

"We need Andrews here now."

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Daniel Horton

Daniel touched down on the roof as the news broadcast came to a close and made his way down to the suite in a state of shock and awe over what he'd just done. He didn't know whether to assume the fetal position and rock back and forth or jump for joy, because parts of him felt like doing both. All he knew was that he was liking it more and more with each passing minute. He was all-smiles by the time he crossed into the room where everyone had gathered in front of the TV.

"You guys would not believe the day I'm having." he beamed, just before noticing that everyone was looking particularly glum. "Okay, what'd I miss? All of you look like someone just kicked your puppy." he asked.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan James

Daniel's cheeriness grated on Nathan's already stretched nerves. Nathan found himself resorting to sarcasm.

"Oh, nothing that bad. Just that that the news station's top story is you ripping off the top of a car. Oh, and they've discovered that there are survivors from our flight. But exposed government secrets aside, we're just peachy."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Daniel Horton

Daniel glanced at the TV, just in time for the announcement that there would be a repeat of the story during primetime. Add to that Nathan's tone of voice and he was suitably chastened out of a good mood. He winced as if he'd been hit when a quick highlight reel came on showing clips from the accident scene. Just awesome...even the traffic copter had gotten some good shots of it. He just hoped they'd already called Jessica or she was going to have a fit...

"Um...oops?" he offered with a shrug at Nathan.

Well, it wasn't like they could have kept Flight 265 a secret forever. There must have been three hundred plus passengers on that plane. If all of them had been similarly affected there could be some wild, flashy superpowers popping up. Unless the government locked everyone up, people were going to know. Even then, between super strength, fire powers, and teleportation, could a cell even hold most of them? It had just happened sooner rather than later. Maybe it was time to think of a career outside of the stock market, Daniel thought dryly...He'd never be able to go back to a normal job after his name was leaked to the public.

"If I couldn't shrug off a bullet, I think I'd be running and hiding right now. Andrews is going to be pissed..." he said, glancing back at the door, expecting the agent to come in breathing fire any minute.

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan James

"Well, luckily for us, it doesn't seem they've made the connection between the flight and those stunts at the traffic accident yet. Actually, come to think of it, how did the news find out about flight? I don't remember any phones in those apartments we were in, and I'm pretty sure that the NSA wouldn't just let the missing reporter ring up the local media."

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Daniel Horton

"There was a reporter on our flight? Is that how they found out?" Daniel asked, trying to catch up with everyone on the story. "Well, he could have called from one of the phones in our rooms once we got out of the facility. You know, the ones we were supposed to only use to call family from?" He wondered if the NSA had been monitoring their phone lines...Come to think of it, every room probably had some kind of surveillance. They were probably being watched even now. "Or he could have called from a payphone while the NSA wasn't listening. With all these crazy powers showing up who knows how he might have done it."

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224

PirateCaptain

Robert Harrison

"Seriously, guys. We need to Andrews here now to settle this. I mean...these powers are cool and all and yeah, I wanna train...but have you forgotten that we've been missing for 3 years!? I wanna talk to my mom. I want to see my family and friends."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"555-271-8281" said Ann softly "It's Agent Andrew's cell phone number. I saw it in the old suite before..." her voice trailed off.
    Last edited by The_New_Guy; 2007-11-15 at 10:49 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Eric McMahon

Is someone going to answer it? If not, I will.
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan James

Nathan shrugged. "Go ahead and call. I'd rather not be the bearer of more bad news."

18. - Top - End - #228

PirateCaptain

Thumbs up Re: Flight 265 [IC] - Issue 1 - Awakenings

Robert Harrison

Robert grabbed the phone, and upon asking Ann to to repeat the number, dialed it. Immediately, he put it on speaker phone.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

Daniel Horton

Daniel took a single step to make it from the hallway into the living room where everyone else stood. He didn't walk so much as lift from the floor and glide from one place to the other. He was obviously enjoying what had quickly become his favorite power. If the others noticed at all he would grin sheepishly and shrug.

"Andrews said that they were bringing family members to us. Aren't they still doing that or has something changed?" he asked in a measured tone, concern leaking into his happy demeanor. He still wanted to see his ex-wife and daughters above all else. If they weren't going to bring them to see him while he stayed put like a good little soldier then he would be out the window and flying in the time it took Andrews to say "Top Secret". He crossed his arms over his chest and calmed himself a little by hovering about a foot off of the ground while he listened to the phone ring.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

For a moment there was the familiar ringing of a telephone - the first time, some of you realize, that you've heard that familiar, forgettable sound, in almost three years. Then it rings again. And a third time. Then finally it picks up.

"Leave a message..."

It's Agent Andrews' voice, but its obviously not him - just a voice-mail recording.

[[OOC: Sorry for being inactive on the weekend - I was kept away from the computer for most of it. However we should be back on track now]]

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Daniel Horton

"Hmph...you'd think at his pay grade he could afford a cell phone. Good thing we don't, y'know, need him for anything." Daniel grinned, floating across the room back towards the TV. "I've got this strange need to wear a cape when I do this." he joked in Robert's direction since he seemed like the one who would appreciate that kind of humor the most. He let his feet touch the ground as he neared the television and let his arms uncross. He hooked his thumbs into his pants pockets and switched the channel to another news network to watch a replay of the Flight 265 story.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan James

Nathan waits for the voicemail to start recording, then says, "Agent Andrews, this is Nathan. I'm sure that by now you've heard what happened on the news. What do you need us to do?"

Nathan looks at the others questioningly. If any of them have anything to add to the message, he waits until they're done, then hands up. If no one does, he'll just hang up.

23. - Top - End - #233

PirateCaptain

Robert Harrison

"Our families know we are alive, Andrews. And those of us with powers seem to have them under control right now. I don't see any reason why we can't be allowed to visit our families before you conduct further tests and what not."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The agents voice-mail continued recording the messages left by those in the room, as Daniel changed the to another channel. The next one, sadly, had children's cartoons. The next was a sports recap, and the third was a music station. The fourth, however, was another local morning station, although it didn't seem to have anything on either the activities at the accident earlier in the morning, or Flight 265.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

Daniel

"Hmph...we're only on one channel. Maybe the government's doing it's job after all." Daniel commented to the others. He flipped the remote control onto the couch and rejoined the others near the phone. "So, think we should call him again?"

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan James

Nathan hung up the phone and responded, "I don't think so. He has our message, and we don't really have anything new to say. Right now, we should probably just lay low."

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Daniel

"Lay low..." Daniel sighed in frustration. "Am I the only one who can't stand 'laying low'? I've been in a coma for three years. I want to soak up some sunlight, stretch my legs...maybe race a few jets..." he said with a cough to cover the last part. He flopped down on the couch. "Until they bring our loved ones by to see us we're just stuck here. Don't you want to figure out what you can do, Nathan?"
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2007-11-24 at 02:57 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238

PirateCaptain

Robert Hudson

"I'm no fan of sitting around either, but this is a really delicate situation."

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan James

Nathan raises his eyebrows slightly at the jet comment before replying. "Believe me, it has crossed my mind that I'm probably due for some superpowers right around now. But frankly, I wouldn't know where to begin."

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Daniel Horton

"Then let's head down to the basement and see if we can't figure out what you've got. Can't lay any lower than underground, right?" Daniel said suddenly. "Come on, it's not like you've got anything better to do, right?"

Spoiler
    Show