New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Minos: Dark Times [IC]

Kellin

Only slightly battered, Kellin jumps down into the bowl, charging towards M5 and the others, stopping roughly halfway to them. With their backs to him, focussing on Cilene and Coignar, Kellin takes it as the perfect opportunity to send a stream of fire scorching in his direction. With a look of grim determination, he takes aim and unleashes the torrent!

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: (d20+1)[6]
    Scorching Ray: (d20+3)[15]
    Damage: (4d6)[10]
    Last edited by Noldruk; 2007-10-07 at 09:46 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Ruhidr

Grinning as M7s stumbles into range, Ruhidr steps around M1's remains and brings his axe across his body to bring down his next foe.

Spoiler
    Show

Against M7:
    Initiative - (1d20+4)[17]
    Attack - (1d20+10)[24]
    Damage - (1d10+4)[10]

Durgrin can handle himself. When this one's dead, I need to get over and help the others. By Kiri-Jolith, Coignar is almost completely surrounded!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

Durgrin

"Aien't nothin' gonna take me down!" Bringing his hammer down for the final blow, Durgrin lashes out at the wounded guard before him.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative - (1d20+6)[25]
    Attack - (1d20+8)[28](+1 bless)
    Damage - (1d8+4)[12]
    Last edited by SandDemon; 2007-10-07 at 10:59 PM.
    All of these below are ancient at this point... but good references of my own games I ran or participated in:
    PbP Game List:

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Confirming critical: (1d20+8)[21]
    If I critical...
    A thundering weapon creates a cacophonous roar like thunder upon striking a successful critical hit. The sonic energy does not harm the wielder. A thundering weapon deals an extra 1d8 points of sonic damage on a successful critical hit. If the weapon’s critical multiplier is ×3, add an extra 2d8 points of sonic damage instead, and if the multiplier is ×4, add an extra 3d8 points of sonic damage. Bows, crossbows, and slings so crafted bestow the sonic energy upon their ammunition. Subjects dealt a critical hit by a thundering weapon must make a DC 14 Fortitude save or be deafened permanently.
    So add 2d8+deafen plus triple damage. <booming voice>HEADSHOT!

Didn't roll, assuming he's super dead.
    Last edited by SandDemon; 2007-10-07 at 11:05 PM.
    All of these below are ancient at this point... but good references of my own games I ran or participated in:
    PbP Game List:

5. - Top - End - #185

HalflingRogueGuy

Coignar

"Are you effing serious?! Why won't you die already!" Coignar screams before swinging his sword back around at his previous target.

Spoiler
    Show

Init: (1d20+7)[19]
    Hit: (1d20+2)[21]
    Dam: (1d6)[2]

6. - Top - End - #186

HalflingRogueGuy

OOC: Crit rolls...
    Spoiler
    Show

Threatened crit: (1d20+2)[8]
    Crit dam: (1d6)[1]

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Round 28

The battle is now fully-joined, as everyone jumps in to the melee. The bandit fighting Torkai manages to get his sword out of its sheath and take a swing, but Torkai dodges easily and answers with another slash from one of his daggers, leaving the bandit looking severely wounded.. Seizing on the opportunity, Kellin jumps in to the bowl and begins dashing behind Torkai to join the battle around the camp fire.

Now almost surrounded, Coignar and Cilene both lash out viciously, knowing that hesitation could mean death. Her mindblade appearing back in her free hand, Cilene lunges for the large helmeted bandit (M4), who deflects her mace off his shield, but is unable to block her mindblade, which scores a solid hit on him. Coignar's shortsword lands a glancing blow off another bandit (M5), drawing some blood.

The helmeted bandit (M4) snarls and yells out to his troops "Come on you bastards, they brought us a woman!" He laughs and swings his axe again, attempting to whack Cilene in the side of the head with the flat portion. She easily deflects the blow with her buckler. She looks a little angry at the guy.

The bandit Coignar hit (M5) returns the favor, swinging his sword in such a wild fashion that he nearly lodges it in the bandit next to him after Coignar ducks. The momentum knocks the bandit off his feet, sending him to his knees in the dirt. Seeing his companions pathetic swing, M8 stabs at Coignar with his dagger. Fortunately Coignar carries his momentum from the acrobatic duck of the first attack over, as he continues around and deftly dodges this attack. Now facing completely backward from where he started, Coignar has a clean view of the next bandit (M9) as he tries to maneuver in to flanking position on Cilene. Catching the opportunity, he lashes out with his dagger and scores a hit on the bandit's thigh as he moves. He finally completes his spinning dodge facing straight back at the bandit he began with (M5). If anyone were watching, they would have applauded for sure.

Alerted to the bandit attempting to flank her by Coignar's move, Cilene whips her mace behind her after the other bandit's shield deflects it, catching the flanker square in the chest as he maneuvers behind her. The mace's power discharges in a flash of light, sending the bandit sprawling on his back, unconscious.

Just then Kellin finishes running toward the battle, and promptly unleashes a jet of flame in to the back of the unsuspecting bandit (M5) that just fell prone on the ground. The man screams as his clothes start smoldering.

Up at the gate to the bowl, the dwarves battle on. Grimacing, Ruhidr brings his axe down in an over-head swing, crunching sickeningly in to his new target's (M7) skull. He keels over dead right on top of his already-dead companion. Ruhidr takes the opportunity to laugh and looks at Drugrin with a bit of pride, as if to say "Top that!".

With a matching dwarven grimace, Drugrin brings his hammer down in a full over-head swing of his own. As the blow connects with his targets (M2) skull, a deafening peal of thunder splits the air. The force of the impact crushes the bandit's head down in to his shoulders, sending gore flying everywhere. Everyone in the immediate vicinity is rocked back on their heels from the magical blast. Drugrin glances over at Ruhidr with his own grin, but graciously doesn't comment. Probably because the large bandit with the axe (M3) immediately knocks the body out of the way and swings at Drugrin. The blow lands heavily on Drugrin's shoulder, obviously causing some damage, but the dwarf shrugs most of it off.

The other bandit at the gate (M6), still rocked back on his heels from the blast, stares in awe at what just happened to his two comrades. Without another word he throws his sword to the ground and takes off running between the two dwarves, trying to get away from these insane creatures. Both dwarves swing in unison as the bandit tries to take off, Ruhidr connecting high on his back and Drugrin low on his thigh. The blows send the man tumbling forward a few steps, where he feebly continues to try and crawl toward the woods.

From his perch up on the ledge, Badigly is staring with his mouth agape, his bow held limply in his hands. He manages to get out a "Wow", but no one is close enough to hear.

Combat Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Edit: Note that M9 behind Cilene is dead. Had to edit the post to include her charged mace damage, and didn't feel like re-doing the map to indicate that.

Damage Report:
    Spoiler
    Show

Torkai further wounds B1.
    Cilene wounds M4 with her sword.
    Cilene gets an AoO on M9 with her mace, killing him.
    Coignar wounds M5 with his sword.
    Coignar gets an AoO on M9 with his sword.
    Kellin burns M5 pretty badly.
    Ruhidr kills M7.
    Drugrin kills M2.
    Ruhidr wounds M6 badly in an AoO.
    Drugrin wounds M6 badly in an AoO.
    M5 is prone for the next round due to critical miss.
    Drugrin takes 5 damage from M3's axe.

Last edited by Berand; 2007-10-08 at 01:52 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188

SwashbucklerGuy

Torkai

With a quick nervous glance at the darting form of Kellin heading towards the heat of combat, Torkai growls "Will you die already?!" at the man in front of him. With that, he lunges again trying to finish the bowman off.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, gonna try again to finish him and then move towards the main battle south of me (not all the way into the fray, just close enough to strike next round).

Primary attack: (1d20+8)[12]
    Primary damage: (1d4+4)[5]

Secondary attack: (1d20+8)[21]
    Secondary damage: (1d4+4)[6]

Gonna move silently on my way south as well:
    Move silently: (1d20+8)[27]

9. - Top - End - #189

Kellin

Viewing the smoldering body of M5 as little threat, Kellin turns his attention now to M8, unleashing another fiery attack!

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: (d20+1)[21]
    Scorching Ray: (d20+3)[17]
    Damage: (4d6)[19]

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cilene

Grimacing somewhat angrily as Cilene curls her mace forward under her arm, she keeps it twirling as she makes eye contact her her helmed adversary.

"They didn't bring you a woman. I brought the men to teach you a lesson."

Smug bastard.

"Unless you'd care to surrender?"

With a small pulse of light from the glowing blade in her hand, Cilene again makes a move on her large opponent, bring the mace and the blade both across her body.

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's use that move action to power up ye olde psychic strike.
    OK, for sake of "being nice", let's assume there's a chance he actually considers surrender.
    Diplomacy: (1d20-2)[13]

Realistically, he probably won't, and her attack won't be halted mid-stride.

Mace: (1d20+6)[23]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[4]

Blade: (1d20+7)[9]
    Damage:(1d6+2)[4]
    More Damage: (1d8)[5]

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

Durgrin

Glaring deeply at his opponent, he lifts his holy warhammer that is covered in skull fragments and brain matter in mock salute. Silencing the unworthy who dare hit him, Durgrin seems grim in his determination to destroy this life that stands before him.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative - (1d20+6)[17]
    Attack - (1d20+8)[15](+1 bless)
    Damage - (1d8+4)[8]
    Last edited by SandDemon; 2007-10-08 at 02:24 PM.
    PbP Game List:

12. - Top - End - #192

HalflingRogueGuy

Coignar

What in the hells just happened there... damn.. I really AM that good! Seeing as though I've drawn so much blood of these piss-ants already, might as well continue!

Coignar grins at his own acrobatics, only slightly looking astonished, and then jumps back in attacking the bastard that attempted to skewer him before!

Spoiler
    Show

Attacking M5 while he's prone.

Init: (1d20+7)[23]
    Hit: (1d20+2)[10]
    Dam: (1d6)[3]+(2d6)[10]

Not sure if I get sneak attack damage on him or not, but I rolled it anyway. (It's the +2d6 roll)

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Ruhidr

Ruhidr shouts, "Badigly!" while gesturing at the fleeing bandit (well, M6 and crawling, more like). Hoping that Badigly is able to see what he was shouting about, Ruhidr lowers his head and charges towards the bandit in the greathelm, bellowing a full-throated warcry to Kiri-Jolith, and raising his axe to strike.

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, AC is 18 due to charge, but with +2 Attack
    Initiative - (1d20+4)[22]
    Attack - (1d20+12)[17]
    Damage - (1d10+4)[14]
    Edit: Woo, smack
    Last edited by demonllama; 2007-10-08 at 05:10 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Round 29

Cursing at how long this was taking, Torkai finally sidesteps a blow from the bandit (B1) then brings one of his daggers up solidly in to his gut. The bandit crumples over Torkai's arm, then slowly falls to the ground. Without wasting a second, Torkai looks up to find the next target.

He does so just in time to see Kellin burn one of the bandits, who keels over with a screech, followed by Coignar driving his sword to the hilt in the back of the prone bandit. Cilene lands a minor glancing blow on the shoulder of the bandit leader, making sure his attention lies on her just long enough for Ruhidr to charge full-force in to his back, axe leading the way, sending the bandit's weapon flying from his hands and dropping him to his knees.

Bleeding heavily, the bandit leader takes only a second to look about, seeing nearly every one of his men lying dead on the ground or fleeing. He hangs his head dejectedly, and throws his arms up in surrender.

The only fight still going on is at the gate. The one bandit still on his feet (M3) has gone entirely berserk, blood flowing from multiple wounds, swinging his axe at Drugrin like a mad man. His wild blows miss the dwarf, but the sheer power behind it all keeps Drugrin from likewise landing a solid blow.

Combat Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Damage Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show

You guys whacked everyone except M3 and M4. M3 is badly hurt but going berserk. M4 (the leader) was dropped to 3 hps and surrenders rather then dying fighting.

Badigly ran off after M6, who was bleeding and crawling frantically for the woods.
    Last edited by Berand; 2007-10-08 at 10:07 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cilene

I'll be damned.

With her current foe submitting, Cilene takes a peek around. Seeing the frothing battle towards the gate, she decides she might as well exhaust a little pent up anger. Turning to look towards the entry to the bowl, she snaps her arm out, flinging the energy from her hand, sending the blade flying towards the last fighting bandit guard.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack! (Thrown Mind blade, with -2 for extra range) - (1d20+7)[21]
    damage: (1d6+1)[7]
    More damage: (1d8)[6]

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Ruhidr

"Give a dwarf a fancy hammer, an' look what happens to him," mutters Ruhidr under his breath.

After glancing at both Cilene and Coignar, he decides that they're not likely to leave the surrendered bandit's side while the fight continues. Hopefully he's right. Tightening his grip on his waraxe, he briefly mouths a quick prayer and then wearily turns to charge back up behind the one gone berserk.

Spoiler
    Show

Yet another charge. Wee.
    Initiative - (1d20+4)[7]
    Attack - (1d20+12)[18] (charging again; +2)
    Damage - (1d10+4)[9]

Against a normal warrior, Durgrin'd be fine, but if that berserker gets a lucky hit...

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Round 30

With a grunt, Cilene sends her glowing mindblade in a whirling flight, connecting square in the back of the berserk bandit. As soon as the blade leaves Cilene's hands, Ruhidr turns and charges back to where he came, connecting a split second after the mindblade and sending the bandit flying forward, tripping head-over-heals on Drugrin's stout form, then crashing to the ground with his neck twisted in a very awkward direction.

---

A few minutes later, Badigly returns from the woods. He shakes his head. "I caught up to that fella that was crawling away, but he went and bled himself to death before I got there."

He looks around at the carnage and shakes his head. "That were some bit of fighting mates, I must admit I thought we were dead when the fight started." He laughs, though sounds a bit strained. "Reminds me why I took to the woods rather then enlisting in the militia! Well done anyway, the Knights will be overjoyed. Although I suggest we do a quick search of the place, decide what we're doing with this bastard. and get on our way. I'm sure there are still bandits around, there's no way this was all of them. Besides, with all that fighting we need to hustle to get back to camp before nightfall."

Rewards:
    Spoiler
    Show

Everyone gets 1867 exp

Everyone splits up to quickly search through the camp and the dead bodies. You find:

2d10x1000 = 12,000 silver
    6d4x100 gold = 1500 gold
    5d6x10 platinum = 80 platinum

Which adds up to 2000 silver, 250 gold and 13 platinum each.

In addition to the cash:
    - Torkai takes a plain dagger +1 from the bowman he finished off.
    - Coignar takes a special thieves cloak +1 off one of the dagger-wielding bandits.
    - Kellin finds a ring of protection +1 on the charred remains of the cleric. It's a little blackened, but it still works!
    - Drugrin takes a heavy steel shield +2 off the dead berserker.
    - Ruhidr relieves the captive leader of his greathelm, which appears to be of dwarven make witha +1 AC enchantment.
    - Cilene finds a suit of spiked studded leather armor +1 on one of the smaller dagger-wielding bandits that fits her just fine, and managed to survive the fight in-tact. Probably because the previous owner died from an axe blow to the head.

During your search of the place, you get some chances to find other valuables. Coignar and Torkai both have +7 to search, Cilene is +3, the dwarves 0, and Kellin +1. You get 5 chances to find things, each with a base 30% chance (70-100), adjusted 1 point for each of the groups search abilities (+18). So, anything 52-100 is a random magic item.

(1d100)[7]
    (1d100)[40]
    (1d100)[9]
    (1d100)[88]
    (1d100)[64]

If you get any I'll follow up with a post tomorrow for the details. For now, sort out what you're doing with the surviving leader and any healing, then get a move on. :)

18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cilene

This could have gone a lot worse, but we've had worse days. A solid night of sleep, and I'll be almost 100 percent.

"Well now..."

Looking at the helmed bandit, Cilene smiles almost(!) pleasantly. "What say you behave yourself and I'll even give you a ride on my horse?"

Just might have a use for those manacles yet.

19. - Top - End - #199

Kellin

Smiling as his companions all mount up, Kellin takes a final glance around the bowl. Chuckling to himself, he mounts his borrowed-steed and begins following Badigly back to the mining camp, idly fingering a blackened ring during the ride..

Time to find some ale...
    Last edited by Noldruk; 2007-10-09 at 06:48 AM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

Durgrin

Muttering under his breath at the lack of finale as he pushes the body of himself, he barks at the group "Dinna need help ya bastids...ruining my trainin', see who gets Reorx blessin' now!" Grumbling as he moves on and ponders carrying his old shield to sell, he reluctantly decides to throw it aside so he doesn't slow down his march with the others. Splintering it with a solid blow from his warhammer, some can hear him say "Aien' no one touchin' mah things, old er nah." Least I'm not far from ending this debt now...
    PbP Game List:

21. - Top - End - #201

SwashbucklerGuy

Torkai

Torkai grins at his new dagger, emptying a sheath in a boot of a normal dagger to tuck the new one in it's new home. Retrieving his bow and the two arrows stuck in the ground by it, Torkai joins the rest of the party mounting up and riding back to the camp.

"Not bad for a day of rest. Little action to start, time for some booze and food to finish it."

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Ruhidr

Glancing at Durgrin, Ruhidr walks over to Coignar, Torkai, and Kellin. Placing his hands on the worst of their wounds, he bows his head in silent prayer. A soft white glow suffuses his hands as the wounds heal while you watch.

"There now, that should take the edge off, though you'll be needing a little bit of rest to finish the job. May Kiri-Jolith watch over you."

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, I can heal 12 hps per day, so... I'd say 4 to each of'm.

Hard-headed, stubborn Forger; he should know better. Against that berserker, he was the anvil an' we was the hammer. Beautiful t'see.

Muttering something about "...practicing teamwork..." under his breath, Ruhidr gets ready for the journey back to camp.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Round 31

You quickly shake the bandit cove down, then bind the leader and march him down the deer trail and back to the horses, who haven't wandered far. You remove their hobbles, throw the bandit leader over the rump of Cilene's horse, and hit the trail.

Badigly gets you back to the mining camp at dusk. As you're busy dismounting, Sir Rostham and one of his Knights comes out to greet you.

"I was worried you were going to stand us up for the shipment tomorrow." He looks everyone over, before settling his eyes on the bandit leader tied to the horses rump. "Now who's this?" He walks over and leans down to take a look. "Well well. If it isn't Georgi." The bandit grimaces. Sir Rostham looks up at the group. "You found the bandit camp then? We suspected this one had gone off in hiding, we didn't realize he was organizing things. He used to be a captain in the town militia, but he took off when it was discovered he was stealing from the soldiers payment fund. There will be some people back in Engoth VERY happy to see you again, Georgi."

"We'll need you to take him with you on the wagons back to Engoth tomorrow, so he can stand trial. Make sure you give your testimony to the Knights when you get back to town. You've done all of Engoth a great service. If any of you were considering attempting to earn your way in to the Knighthood, it would be my honor to write letters of accommodation that I'm sure the recruiters would take in to account. For now I suggest you all get some rest, the wagons leave in nine hours." Several other Knights come over and secure the bandit and lead him away.

Spoiler
    Show

If any or all of your characters would want to try to become a Knight, I suggest asking him more about it. If your characters are not interested, or only some of you are, it's workable either way.

When you're done head to bed. I wont be able to post tonight (it's the girlfriend's birthday), so the next round wont come till tomorrow.

24. - Top - End - #204

HalflingRogueGuy

Coignar

"Ah, no uh, sir. No letter of recommendation for me. My thanks anyway. I'll see the rest of you in the morning, bright and early, then?" With that, Coignar turns on his heel and heads back to the tent he spent the previous night in.
    Last edited by tehsnarf; 2007-10-09 at 11:50 AM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cilene

Listening to the banter from various parties after their return from the raid - I wonder if it's considered a raid, since we took out those who conduct raids. Would it be a police action? Mercenary? I'll ask later- Cilene decides that the Knights might be useful allies down the line.

"While my friend William may not seem terribly concerned about such, I think that is due more to his being tired this evening rather than intentionally dismissing such honors. I would be delighted to discuss such things with you, if you are not too tired, Sir Rostham."

GM info:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't sound bitchy. Don't sound bitchy.

Diplomacy: (1d20-2)[1]

If he takes her up on it and there is an option for private discussion, she would express a concern not so much for serving IN the Knighthood, but perhaps as a valued ally who may be useful being attached to them for certain missions of interest. She's plenty capable of understanding that sometimes to achieve Justice you need to have respectable helping hands who cannot be blatantly singled out as Knights by those who wish to undermine legitimate legal pursuits.

She would also be willing enough to honestly present herself as Ciriana Magdalene, marginally peripheral cousin to House Brenath (deep south), and her occasional consort William, of no known noble birth.

While not asking for aid in actually joining the Knighthood directly, certain letters of commendation from one such as himself can certainly never do one harm if they are upholding a noble cause.

Plus, hey, she doesn't really need much rest tonight (a mere 4 hours is sufficient), so she can readily wait until the others hit the sack to bring up such personal details.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Ruhidr

Grimacing a way becoming apparent as dwarven amusement toward things gone horribly, horribly awry, Ruhidr says, "Nevermind the way the lass comes across; Mags was good to have at the bandit camp. I wouldn't kick her out just yet."
    Spoiler
    Show

Ugh... cross my fingers, hope I don't compound the problem :P
    Diplomacy - (1d20+2)[13]

Dismounting and looking his horse over one last time to make sure he didn't leave anything behind on the creature, Ruhidr turns back to Sir Rostham and takes off his greathelm to speak face to face, "For myself, I'd be interested in hearing more of the Knights. I only know tavern tales an' stories as a child. If they make a habit of removing sores such as that bandit camp, I'm interested."

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Round 31a

Sir Rostham seems to have ignored Cilene's testy manner, possibly attributing it to a long day. He nods a good night to Coignar as he heads off.

"Well lads, becoming a Knight is not something to be taken lightly. You would have to speak with the recruiters at Castle Seraphim, who would review your case and judge your merit. There is no one thing that qualifies someone as a Knight of the Sword. People of all sort join, as long as they uphold the ideals of respect and honor, and are law-abiding citizens. Once the recruiters find you acceptable, you would have to prove you are worthy. Conventionally this is done through rigorous training and pilgrimages. You're all a fair bit more seasoned then the average Squire recruit, however, so it's possible another form of proving yourself would be utilized. Either way it's not likely to be a short process." He pauses to stroke his mustache, looking the group over.

"Knights of the Sword commit to 10 years of service. During that time they are paid a salary which varies depending on where and how they serve. The bulk of the Knights serve in the military, generally as calvary. A portion are also used in other areas, everything from paper-pushing to espionage and intelligence gathering. Some few are sent off in small parties to work with relative autonomy toward a specific goal. It all depends on the abilities of the Knight in question and the needs of the Order at the time. the only way to really find out if it's suitable for you is to take my letter of accommodation and go talk to them at the castle. Any other questions?"

Spoiler
    Show

Knights do not have to be lawful or good. The only solid requirement is that you can't be evil. Some Knights enforce laws (those would be the lawful ones), while some thrive in the chaos of battle. All Knights do have to OBEY the laws, however. Knights are also issued armor with magical enchantments at the various stages of advancement, and later Knights gain some special powers.

Becoming a Knight involves no changing of character class, all ranks and exp and skills continue as normal.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cilene

.. but.. I was being nice. Why don't these people understand me?

Shaking her head in response to more questioning, Cilene shambles off to "her" tent, which may or many not have another occupant. This 'dealing with people' crap can wait till morning. Except for making sure the prisoner is secure. Maybe.. maybe a little rope on top of the manacles isn't such a bad idea.

Spoiler
    Show

Use rope: (1d20+3)[21]

Tell me I can hog-tie this bastard. He isn't going anywhere.

After making sure he's as secure as she's able to get him, she will also take a few moments to charge her Mind Blade before letting it fade back into the ether. She's found it too useful/necessary recently, she might as well keep it at the optimal readiness.

-- after a good night's rest, Cilene's damage will be fully recovered.

Once done with that, Cilene will turn in for her nice evening trance, indulging for a full 5 hours, she wants to get up and make sure that her horse and Coignar's are properly readied well before they have to leave in the morning. Ten minutes of morning meditation will be enough to clear the mind of any lingering gripes. More or less.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Ruhidr

"Well then, it sounds like I've no more questions that shouldn't be held onto until I get to the recruiter. I'd be pleased to accept yer letter."

Ruhidr smiles, touching his forehead in a vague semblance of a salute, saying "I'll not stand here and watch yer write the letter now. If it's ready when we leave in the morning that would be fine. May yer always find shade an' water."

With a final nod at Sir Rostham, Ruhidr turns to get some rest before the escort job tomorrow.

30. - Top - End - #210

Kellin

Shaking his head kindly at the Knight's offer, Kellin politely excuses himself to proceed to the mess hall for food and ale. Along the way, he engages in casual questioning of the other soldiers to again see what can be found out.

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy: (d20+8)[12]
    Gather Information: (d20+4)[6]

OOC:
    Oh yeah.. and did we win any of those rolls for those "bonus" magic items that we might have found with the bandits? Thought you said 52-100 wins...