New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Minos: Dark Times [IC]

Cilene

Crouching down in the fog, Cilene whispers to Georgi, "Look, I realize you probably won't believe it, but I don't want you dead, Georgi. You're supposed to be their leader - how about you act like it and save their lives today? Tell them to back off."

"Afterall, if you don't survive the trip, they're probably all going to die."

I can hope he'll listen to reason.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, you all know what time it is. Time for the usual failures. :)

Diplomacy : (1d20-2)[4]

Intimidate : (1d20-2)[4]

I have no idea how well a mace to the ribs backs up an intimidate roll, but she is hoping to not have to whack this guy again. Barrel-fishing isn't fun or respectable.
    -edit- Come on! Which one of you people is loading my dice?
    Last edited by Ilhares; 2007-10-12 at 05:58 AM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Torkai

Blinkning his eyes as his vision fades in the fog, Torkai turns towards the front of the caravan and begins to make his way slowly. Creeping as silently as he can, he moves on slowly until he passes through the fog.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving at half speed to try and keep my footing in the fog, make sure I do not break anything. If I make it through the fog and see B7, I'll start going for him full speed. Just gonna put some attack rolls in here in case I make it to him, otherwise ignore them.

Move silently: (1d20+8)[22]
    Balance (if needed for tripping over something): (1d20+11)[24]
    Listen for anyone near me: (1d20-5)[15]

And combat rolls if I reach anyone:
    Initiative: (1d20+4)[23]

Primary to hit: (1d20+7)[13]
    Primary damage:(1d4+5)[9]
    Primary sneak (for flank attack or surprise):(1d6)[6]

Secondary to hit: (1d20+7)[18]
    Secondary damage:(1d4+4)[5]
    Secondary sneak (for flank attack or surprise):(1d6)[4]

That should be it....

3. - Top - End - #243

HalflingRogueGuy

Coignar

Muttering something incomprehensible, Coignar draws his short sword.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: (1d20+7)[10]

Casting mage armor on myself.
    Spell Failure 1-15%: (1d100)[67]

If successful, +4 to my AC for 4 hours, or until I negate it.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Round 36

With a squeal, the horses pulling the first wagon panic at the sounds of combat, lurching forward as fast as they can with the heavily-laden wagon. Nearly knocked to his backside when the wagon lurches forward, Kellin manages to grab the rail just in time. The bandit's swing comes down no where near him as the wagon jumps away. Regaining his balance in time, Kellin spreads his fingers and gets off a blast of flame, which grazes the bandit.

The four combatants in front of the wagon have only a second to jump to the side. All of them make it except for one bandit (B1) which gets partially trampled before being knocked to one side, looking dirty and hurt.

Further back, Ruhidr takes a big swing at his foe, smashing through the mans shield and twisting his arm in an unnatural direction. The bandit tries to counter, but is thrown off-balanace from the heavy blow to his shield and misses.

Torkai, hands extended and listening intently, inches his way forward slowly. He sees the fog start to thin out, and just manages to clear the end of it in time to see four people dive out of the way of the charging wagon team. Curiously, he notices the two horses pulling the third wagon plodding along next to him slowly, clearly not panicked, but not too happy with their current location either.

Cilene, still shrouded completely in the fog, stands quietly with her mace in hand. "Georgi?" she says. "Georgi? Can you... where are you Georgi? Damnit, where the @$&* did you go?"

Coignar, shrouded in fog, utters the words to his spell. He feels a woosh as the bandit fighting him swings his weapon futilely a few feet away.

Durgrin takes a swing from the bandit he is fighting on his shiny new shield (bastard better not scratch it), then counters with a swing from his hammer to the bandit's ribs. There is a satisfying crunch of ribs, but the bandit remains on his feet.

The driver of wagon one struggles frantically to rein in the panicked horses, while the drivers of wagons two and four manage, barely, to keep the horses in place. The driver of wagon three is already dead.

Combat Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kellin:
    Spoiler
    Show

If you want to jump off the wagon, roll balance (DC 13) to see if you keep your feet when you land. No need to roll jump, you're only a few feet off the ground. Roll tumble as well, and if you fail the balance and make tumble you end up rolling to your feet gracefully anyway.

If you fail both, you're prone and have to get up for the next round. Standing up is a move-equivalent action that provokes an AoO if the foe is next to you.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm missing some resources from the computer crash, but I got through it! Should have everything updated tomorrow (like my NPC spreadsheet).

5. - Top - End - #245

SwashbucklerGuy

Torkai

Seeing the bandit (B7) ahead of him occupied with fighting Ruhidr, Torkai continues forward stealthfully approaching the bandit from behind in an attempt to flank him. Reaching a striking position, Torkai strikes with both daggers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gonna attempt to move silently to creep up on B7 and position myself directly behind him straight accross from Ruhidr to flank the bandit.

Move silently: (1d20+8)[10]
    Initiative if needed: (1d20+4)[19]

Primary attack: (1d20+7)[10] add +2 if I succeed in flanking
    Primary damage:(1d4+5)[8]
    Primary sneak damage: (1d6)[2]

Secondary attack: (1d20+7)[12] add +2 if I succeed in flanking
    Secondary damage:(1d4+4)[6]
    Secondary sneak damage: (1d6)[5]

Sneak attack damage added if I succeed in flanking him

6. - Top - End - #246

HalflingRogueGuy

Coignar

Moving as quietly as he can, Coignar moves to striking distance of the bandit (B4), then attempts to bring the pain!

Muahahahahahhaha!

Spoiler
    Show

Move Silently : (1d20+5)[10]

Attack Roll : (1d20+2)[13]
    Damage Roll : (1d6)[1]
    Sneak Attack Damage : (2d6)[9]
    Fog Miss Chance 1-20% : (1d100)[52]

7. - Top - End - #247

HalflingRogueGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Of course, I would forget Initiative, wouldn't I...

Initiative : [roll0]

8. - Top - End - #248

HalflingRogueGuy

Spoiler
    Show

This f'ing forum makes the baby jesus cry.

INITIATIVE : (1d20+7)[8]

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cilene

Ever the charming woman, Cilene attempts to follow wherever Georgi's nearly unconscious self is being dragged. She can guard him AND the arse-end of the third wagon this way, thus fulfilling both job duties.

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't give a hairy whatsit for the fog effect, I had him in my sights, I should be able to see which direction he got dragged- especially since I was nearly straddling the guy.

Should someone attempt to attack me:
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[18]

But the more important, for attempting to keep an eye on my 'ward' and other potential hostiles:

Listen Check: (1d20+5)[14]
    Spot Check: (1d20+7)[15]

10. - Top - End - #250

Kellin

Kellin turns around and looks at B9 as he passes, holding on tightly before jumping from the wagon!

Spoiler
    Show

Ok.. if at all possible, I'd like to do this and do scorching ray either as I'm landing, or RIGHT after I land. If not possible, I guess I'll just land.

Initiative: (d20+1)[5]
    Balance: (d20+1)[12]
    Tumble: (d20+1)[19]
    Concentration: (d20+6)[20]
    To Flame: (d20+3)[21]
    Damage: (4d6)[21]

11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Ruhidr

Never taking his eyes off of the bandit before him, Ruhidr yells over his shoulder at the driver of his cart (I assume after all this time riding together he knows his name) to see what he can do about the driverless cart, if anything.

That finished, he raises his axe to swing again at the bandit, muttering, "An' yerself, why ain't yers down yet?"

Spoiler
    Show

Attack - (1d20+9)[29]
    Damage - (1d10+4)[7]

If Torkai makes it to the guy and kills'm before I can take my swing, I'll charge B8. Here's the new Initiative in that case:
    Initiative - (1d20+4)[9]

And remember to add the 2 to the Attack roll from the charge, in that latter case.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

OOC: Crit rolls, since I don't think I had time to put up Bless Weapon =(
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack - (1d20+9)[13]
    Damage - (1d10+4)[13]
    Edit: Again, if Torkai kills B7 first and I wind up charging B8, please apply the +2 AR from the Charge, if it's applicable to the critical hit roll :P If not, ah well.
    Last edited by demonllama; 2007-10-15 at 10:33 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Orc in the Playground

Durgrin

"Ya scratch mah shield, ya die painfully!" Durgrin swings his mace to finish the job.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack roll: (1d20+7)[25]
    Damage roll: (1d8+4)[12]
    All of these below are ancient at this point... but good references of my own games I ran or participated in:
    PbP Game List:

14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Round 37

As the first wagon continues to roll south, Kellin takes the opportunity for a bit of acrobatics. He vaults over the side of the wagon, looses his balance and falls forward in to a roll, then springs to his feet. He meant to do that. Honest. As a flourish, he spreads fingers and shoots out a jet of flame at the nearest bandit (B9), consuming him in a ball of fire.

Near by, Captain Torblood gets to her feet a little shakily, just in time to have the nearest bandit lunge for her. She blocks the first one with her shield (B8), then returns a vicious counter attack that leaves her attacker bleeding heavily, but she's left herself vulnerable. Both bandits behind her manage to land crippling blows (B1 & B3). One finds a crease in her armor with a sword blade, burying deep in to her side, while the other brings his weapon down on her shoulder, dropping her to her knees.

Just as Torkai runs up to distract him, Ruhidr cleaves his axe straight in to the chest of the bandit he was facing (B7), dropping him to the ground like a dead weight, leaving him to plant his foot on the man and yank his axe out. Just like chopping wood!

Meanwhile, Cilene makes here way through the fog in the direction Georgi had to have gone. Just as she reaches the fringes of it she spots the wagon ahead of her, dragging the bandit leader through the dirt. Before she can do anything, she hears a voice to her left. The wizard fades in to existence, spreads his fingers, and sends a wave of colors washing over her.

Cilene:
    Spoiler
    Show

Color spray:
    Will save at DC 12 or be blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, then stunned for 1 round. Making the save negates.

Save: (1d20+4)[19]
    If save failed: (1d4)[1]

Also in the fog, Coignar and the bandit he is fighting continue to take swings at each other, neither connecting.

And finally, tiring of the battle, Durgrin decides to finish it with a heavy blow that sends the bandit before him flying backward a few feet. The man doesn't get up.

The wind pushes the fog to the west a bit, and it is starting to clear.

Damage Report:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kellin kills B9.
    Kiera hurts B8.
    Kiera takes 11 damage from B1, doubled for critical (22).
    Kiera takes 9 damage from B3.
    Ruhidr kills B7.
    Cilene - see spoiler above.
    Durgrin kills B6.

Combat Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255

SwashbucklerGuy

Torkai

Sighing at having just missed a chance at the bandit facing Ruhidr, Torkai spots Captain Torblood surrounded. With a quick judge of the distance, Torkai begins a charge running straight towards one of the bandits that is threatening Captain Torblood.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charging at B3, can only attack with one weapon because of the charge. Going to charge to position myself directly above him to avoid an AoO from B8.

Initiative: (1d20+4)[14]
    Attack (+2 for charge and another +2 since not dual wielding): (1d20+11)[25]
    Damage: (1d4+5)[9]

AC is down to 17 with the -2 from charging

16. - Top - End - #256

Kellin

Gasping as he watches Kiera drop to her knees, Kellin turns to face B1, uttering the words to set him ablaze!

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: (d20+1)[13]
    To hit that MoFO: (d20+3)[20]
    Incendiary Infliction: (4d6)[17]

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Ruhidr

Following through on the swing from his axe, Ruhidr looks up in time to see Captain Torblood take a deep sword wound on her back. With not even a glance at Torkai, he takes off charging towards the bandits.

"The sands take yer filthy hides!" Ruhidr roars, raising his waraxe as he runs.

Spoiler
    Show

Ugh, sorry. This is against B8, the same bandit I mentioned in my last post as my next potential victim.
    Initiative - (1d20+4)[9]
    Attack - (1d20+11)[23] - with the +2 from charge; AC is 19 until the end of the turn
    Damage - (1d10+4)[9]
    Last edited by demonllama; 2007-10-16 at 07:45 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cilene

Looking at the mage as she adjusts her grip, Cilene offers a very brief nod of respect towards him before lashing forward with her mace.

Not hiding in the clouds now, pal.

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's keep it simple and hope, right? Time to charge the mace up with some juice.

Attack: (1d20+7)[12]
    Damage: (3d6+1)[5]

On the off chance this weenie tries to cast another spell:

AoO: (1d20+7)[13]
    Damage: (3d6+1)[14]

(damage dependant upon wether or not the mace hits in the initial attack - Cilene will charge the mace a 2nd time if necessary - it's a mage!)

19. - Top - End - #259
    Orc in the Playground

Durgrin

Not wanting to be left out of the fight, Durgrin charges down into the fray with his mace swinging in his hand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, if Dru kills the mage then I'll run past - 60 feet (speed times three since I'm in heavy armor) as a full-round action, putting me just west of the wagon2 I believe.

If Dru doesn't kill the mage, charge attack B2:

Attack roll w/ Charge: (1d20+8)[10]
    Damage roll: (1d8+3)[4]
    AC is 18 until end of round.
    All of these below are ancient at this point... but good references of my own games I ran or participated in:
    PbP Game List:

20. - Top - End - #260

HalflingRogueGuy

Coignar

"Alright, you sombitch... this is going to hurt you a hell ova lot more than it's going to hurt me... Coignar tightens his grip on his weapon, and attempts to bring the pain... again...

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative : (1d20+7)[18]
    Attack : (1d20+2)[20]
    Fog Miss 1-20% : (1d100)[69]
    Damage : (1d6)[2]

There's the pain... take it or leave it.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Round 38

Most everyone's attention is caught by the assault on the Captain. Watching the opponent in front of him drop, Torkai immediately sprints in her direction, leading with a dagger that lands in the side of one of the bandits (B3). Following right behind him is Ruhidr, who charges headlong in to the back of another bandit (B8). Watching the smoldering remains of the last bandit he faced, Kellin also does his best to relieve Kiera, sending yet another jet of flame from his fingertips, setting yet another bandit on fire (B1). This bandit, despite being badly burned, continues to swing his axe.

Further up the line, Cilene swings her mace at the mage that just appeared next to her. While she resists the magical affects of the color spray, the blinding lights leave her slightly dazzled, and her swing goes wide. Seeing the mage out of hiding, Durgrin turns and runs toward him. His blow, however, is deflected by a shimmering magical aura of mage armor.

Just before Durgrin gets there, the mage reaches out toward Cilene and casts another spell.

Cilene:
    Spoiler
    Show

Casting grease at Cilene's weapon.

Defensive Concentration DC 15 or spell fails: (1d20+5)[17]
    Cilene's DC 13 Reflex saving throw to avoid: (1d20+7)[14]

If the first roll succeeds and the second fails, then Cilene immediately drops her mace and has to roll the same save to try to pick it up again, and the same save to try to attack with it and not drop it.

As Torkai charges in, the bandit he stabs spins around and lands a sword blow to his arm, leaving a bleeding gash. The bandit next to him, seeing his companion get charged, turns around just in time to land a blow on Ruhidr just as the dwarf takes a hack at him, leaving them both bleeding. Her attention now relieved from the backup, Kiera manages to turn back to the larger bandit (B1) and parry his attack off her shield. She lunges forward, managing to ignore most of her injuries, and lands a heavy blow with her longsword.

Meanwhile the remaining patchy fog has almost blown off the trail, driven by winds from the ocean. Coignar, finally able to see again, lands a scratch on his foes arm. His foe curses and swings, but Coignar manages to duck cleanly.

All of the drivers have managed to rein in the horses. The un-manned wagon has stopped because the horses walked in to the trees and the hitch held them up.

Damage Report:
    Spoiler
    Show

Torkai hits B3 lightly.
    Kellin flames B1 pretty badly.
    Kiera stabs B1, leaving him looking very hurt.
    Ruhidr hits B8.
    Coignar scratches B4.

Torkai takes 8 damage from B3.
    Ruhidr takes 4 damage from B8.
    Coignar takes 7 damage from B4.

Combat Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262

SwashbucklerGuy

Torkai

With the grace of a swashbuckler, Torkai makes a quick feint attempting to mislead the bandit before striking out with both daggers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attacking with both daggers again. Feinting first to attempt to catch him flatfooted. If flatfooted, then add sneak attack damage in.

Bluff for feint: (1d20+8)[26]

Primary attack: (1d20+7)[23]
    Primary daamge (1d4+5)[7]
    Sneak attack damage: (1d6)[6]

Secondary attack: (1d20+7)[23]
    Secondary daamge (1d4+4)[7]
    Sneak attack damage: (1d6)[6]

That should be it!

23. - Top - End - #263

Kellin

Having watched B1 land numerous telling blows on any who face him (or don't face him, for that matter), Kellin attempts to better position himself to get a clear shot at the bandit. Determined to end their life, he grits his teeth and sends another blaze into the fray!

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: (d20+1)[13]
    To Hit: (d20+3)[12]
    Damage to B1's Dome: (4d6)[19]

Last edited by Noldruk; 2007-10-18 at 09:55 AM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Ruhidr

With only a grimace to indicate he noticed the minor wound he just received, Ruhidr continues the attack, trying to keep the pressure off of the Captain.

Spoiler
    Show

AC back up to 21...
    Attack - (1d20+9)[19]
    Damage - (1d10+4)[14]

25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground

Durgrin

Cursing the mage's armor as his blow swings wide, Durgrin decides to take a new approach in dealing with this infidel. Raising his mace above his head and giving a deadly stare to the mage, he yells loudly "By Reorx's wish, SILENCE!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Silence on the mage, 20 foot radius. Not going to cast defensively, see if he can hit me with an AoO. If he does, rolling my concentration check for the damage (it's 10+damage he deals). He can try a save to negate the spell, Will Save DC 16.

Initiative: (1d20+3)[8]
    Concentration: (1d20+6)[19]

I'm also back to AC 20.
    Last edited by SandDemon; 2007-10-18 at 10:02 AM.
    PbP Game List:

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cilene

Stepping aside of the disgusting goo flung at her by the mage, Cilene mutters something under her breath and attempts to bean the mage again.

Spoiler
    Show

OK, I cant recall if I got this in or not, so:

Initiative: (1d20+3)[12]
    Attack: (1d20+7)[16]
    Damage: (3d6+1)[16]

I'll just leave the AoO options to Berand if necessary. If I cant down this mook, I dont deserve to roll the dice.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Round 39

The tide of battle swings rapidly in the group's favor now. Torkai makes one of his patented feints, then lunges in with both daggers when the bandit takes the bait, completely disemboweling his opponent. The bandit tries futilely to keep his innards in as he drops to his knees. Next to him, Ruhidr chops his axe deep in to another bandit's side, sending the man crumpling off to one side. As the larger bandit raises his axe to swing at the gravely injured Captain once again, a jet of flame suddenly engulfs him. A charred and blackened figure is all that remains, which drops the large axe and topples over stiffly.

As the bandit wizard starts to intone the words to another spell, Cilene rears back and lands a solid blow with her mace straight on the mages neck. Instead of a spell, a sick gurgle and crack is all that comes out as the mans head nods off at an extremely unnatural angle.

The last remaining bandit, in a position to witness the fall of all of his comrades and not desiring to be any particular hero turns to run. Coignar drops his sword, pulls out his crossbow, and plants a bolt straight in the mans back, sending him tumbling to the ground in a heap.

Spoiler
    Show

Everyone gets 1733 experience from this encounter.

These bandits didn't have much with them - the first group had a lot with them because they were busy waylaying travelers, and the camp obviously had valuables. This group however was just out to free Georgi, so they had very little.

Gold: (1d4+15)[19]
    Silver: (1d6+20)[24]

Divide evenly.

Plus Coignar finds a spellbook on the dead wizard. Of note, it has:
    Color Spray, Fog Cloud, Invisibility, Acid Arrow

Ruhidr, when you use lay hands on the Captain, it's close enough to a divine spell that you gain the insight in to your prayer beads and how they work.

The group now has to figure out a few things: What to do with the driverless wagon, what to do with Georgi, and then to get back under way.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground

Durgrin

"Well, we needs ta get movin' - maybe we canna tie a bit' to Rudhir and have him pull a wagon, har!" Overly amused at his joke, Durgrin continues after a moment. "Any ya able ta ride the wagon maybe - I'm nah such a good driver. And ah say we hog-tie the bastid and throw him in the front seat."
    PbP Game List:

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Ruhidr

Frowning a moment, Ruhidr turns to Durgrin, "Some other time I'd be angered with yer for implying my Lord chooses paladins that can double as packhorses. Today I just feel sorry for yers that ye took such a big knock to the head yer thinking a driverless wagon is one that's missing a horse." Ruhidr's face melts into a semblance of compassion, "Wait until tomorrow an' I'll see whether yer head can be helped."

Turning to face the driverless wagon, he plants scratches his chin with the edge of his shield. "Knock to the noggin or not, I'm no better driving the cart than yerself. One of the ones on the horses might need to drive, tying their horse to the back of the wagon or some such. I'll leave it to those with experience with those beasts to figure it out."
    Last edited by demonllama; 2007-10-19 at 03:03 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270

SwashbucklerGuy

Torkai

After cleaning and sheathing his daggers, Torkai inspects himself and winces slightly at his injuries. Sighing, he glances about and notices Ruhidr and Durgrin discussing the now driverless wagon and with a shrug walks over and hops up to take the reins.

"I do not mind steering this wagon. It was my wagon in the first place and it can't be too hard, right? Wonder if the driver had any alcohol hidden away to take the sting of this pain..." the last said quietly enough that only those nearby would have heard.
    Last edited by Sirrion; 2007-10-19 at 03:06 PM.