New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: (INC) Magicka Subversions

The man watched the Reverend carefully and held up a finger.

" sorry. No can do. I'll grant you one or the other. Gods law. Or mans law. "
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The Reverend looked over his shoulder to Officier McCarthy. "Very well then... I'm willing to bend man's law." He whispered.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Santa smiled as he waved his hand as Johnathan heard the locking of chains.

" delarosa, the hag witch. Powerful of arms and magic to mortal standards. She owns a mortal business and keeps employment of mortal mercenaries. She is looking to gain clout in the winter court tonight. "
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Blackthorn nodded. "Interesting. A human element thrown in there... fantastic." He said flatly. "I guess, my best impression of the good Shepherd Book will have to do. Knee caps it is then."

"Thank you very much, Mister... Claus. I suppose I will be hearing from you eventually." He bowed his head slightly.

Eventually turning to see what the others were up to.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

5. - Top - End - #425
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Party seemed to continue for a few minutes before a lull came.

Spoiler: Daniel and Robert
    Show
    Suddenly the two of you feel a tightening in your chest. Almost like fear or anxiety. This knot in yur chest seems to be growing in intensity with every passing second.

In the distance a great howling can be heard. A single howl in the wind that grows ever closer. The doors to the building slam open as the sound of claws and pads can be heard running through the halls until a giant Wolf with black fur is scene entering the hall. The Giant Wolf pads up to the woman who is half white and half black. She reaches up and scratches the wolves snout for a moment before nodding to the beast. The Beast Howls again before almost prancing to the Goblin King and Sitting beside him. Saint Nicholas and Boss Maw take their places, standing near the Goblin King as The Dancer, Maeve moves from the Dance floor to a large ornate chair that is brought out.

Show
    This Wolf's howl freezes you to the core.

She sighes looking at the auidence that has shown up for the yule party before her attention turns directly to Raymond.

"Alright Host of Iblis, You came seeking an audience I understand, You may plead your case or... whatever."
    Festival of Heroes:

6. - Top - End - #426
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: Iblis
    Show
    Get ready to tag in if things get hariy...
    Raymond took a breath before approaching Maeve's throne and giving a bow before beginning, "Great Maeve, first I wish to thank you for allowing us mere mortals into your hallowed hall. That alone has been an incredible experience, one that we will never forget. So m'lady, the reason we're here tonight is that several orphans in our city have gone missing. We have strong reason to believe that they have been conscripted to participate in the upcoming Wild Hunt. It is our hope that we can reach an agreement that will allow them to be released from this fate."
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #427
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The lady with her blue flesh and sparkling attire watches Raymond as he makes his presentation and plea. She considers him for a moment.

"Orphans. So they are unwanted mortals? They have no Parents, or family that wished to take them. They are undesirable to those who wish to have children but are unable to conceive. They are unwanted by the Mortals of the realm, so tell me why are you involving yourself. This is no different than a good samaritan picking trash off the street, a person taking unwanted animals out of the wilderness. Explain to me your mortal reasoning to attempt to... interject into this affair. "

Show
    As time moves forward the feeling in your chest is rapidly getting worse.
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2019-01-29 at 12:53 PM.
    Festival of Heroes:

8. - Top - End - #428
    Barbarian in the Playground

"What a crock of spit!" Maria says walking out into the open, her free hand balled up against her chest. "In all of my time alive, I've never heard somebody speak so much, yet say very little. And what IS said is ignorant. Unwanted... Undesirable... Unfortunate is the correct term. There are some Orphans who got that way because their parent was killed in an accident caused by a drunk driver! Some Fifteen year old who got raped by some criminal on drugs and got pregnant from it, and the poor child, scared and ashamed, never told her own parents about it until it was too late to do anything about it!" Maria said clutching her chest, her face red with rage. Looking directly at the blue skinned lady. "Do you even know how LONG it takes for an adoption to take place!? How MUCH one costs to start the process of adoption!? You stand there and have the gall to compare orphans to trash... to animals... then ask us why we interject on their behalf. It something us Mortals calls Morals and Compassion, and if I have to explain that much, then I'm not even going to waste my breath explaining what those terms even mean." Maria finished, still clutching her chest.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan crosses his arms across his chest and grunts. Already in the midst of fighting off waves of existential dread, he can't see a useful way to intervene in the confrontation Maria just provoked with the leader of the fae.
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

10. - Top - End - #430

RedWizardGuy

Raymond had a look of shock on his face as Maria ranted at the Fae, probably dooming any chance of a reconcilable deal.

Show
    crap! Not good! Um...HELP?!
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The Reverend cleared his throat. "I agree with Maria's sentiment, but not her attitude. Please forgive her brashness." He said with a bow. "No person is trash, especially children. The American adoptation system is... difficult. But despite their status they can still grow into adults and pursue a life. To leave them to the fate of the Wild Hunt would take away the chance for them to grow up and start their own families."
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2019-01-30 at 03:45 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

12. - Top - End - #432
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The queens eyes dart to Maria. Her head begins to rotate and turn on its end. Her whites growing wider, her pupils shrinking. Her neck would have broken were she human as she stared at Maria.

Spoiler: Mike
    Show
    You hear iblis speak:
    "sh-it sh-it sh-it, this is bad this is bad Taking over."

Even as the revrend begins to speak the lady holds up a finger. Raymond steps forward as a second set of eyes open on his cheeks and a rune lights up upon his forehead. Again a hand goes up and motions for him to wait. She stands from her throne and looks at Maria. The room growing darker and colder.

"You."

Before she can say anything else The wizened old man from the White Council comes up from behind a distracted Maria and uses his rod to trip her, sending Maria to the ground. He holds a rod to her face, publically disgracing her in front of the entire court. The Winter Lady stops, her head straightening, her calm returning.

"I apologize your highness, I will be sure to discipline her, and teach her proper court ettiquette. Please allow me to do this in the place of the white council as a favor to the Winter Court. "

She blinks for a moment and glances down to Maria before looking back up to the wizard.

"See that it doesnt happen again Wizard. "

She spins and returns to her chair. She looks fairly peturbed but much less... unhinged.

"Iblis... I see youve rejoined us. See if you can make sense of all this mindless prattle. "

Raymond steps forward again and gives a deep bow.

"These mortals wish to express their care for all mortal children, even if they are not their own. Something about the unlimited unseen potential of children not being disturbed. "

She rolls her eyes and waves her hand as if to dismiss the issue.

"have they any other legitamate or... reasonable pleas or was that it?"

Raymond rises up.

"A head start would be a treat of good sport my lady."

She smirks and she stands again and walks up to Raymond and lets a hand glide across his jaw and down his chest before stopping at his abdomen.

"I could grow accustomed to this host. I will grant that treat. I will let your... group disscuss where you would like to be... set as the hunt starts soon."

She turns to sit on the throne again, The Wizard of the White Council pulls Maria up to her feet again. Looking to her and whispering.

Spoiler: Robert
    Show
    "Officer. If you want to help the children at all, well have to survive this encounter, so please, grit your teeth, bow, and lets head out. "
    Festival of Heroes:

13. - Top - End - #433

RedWizardGuy

Show
    A "treat of good sport"? Why do I have the feeling we're not talking about candy? What the heck did we just agree to?
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Mike
    Show
    "Your Friends seem to be the ones to be hunted in the wild Hunt. I just got you a head start. The hounds will start with a handicap, I am unsure how your friends will take that advantage."
    Festival of Heroes:

15. - Top - End - #435

RedWizardGuy

Raymond, now back in control, bows gracefully, "Thank you for your generosity and mercy, m'lady. I will confer with the others as agreed upon." he backed away slowly and turned to the others, hoping that she didn't notice the line of sweat threatening to form on his brow. He approached Maria and whispered harshly,

Spoiler: Maria
    Show
    "I understand your anger, in fact, I share it, but the forces we are dealing with are ones you do not want to get on the bad side of. We're lucky my partner was on good terms enough with her was able to salvage the situation or we might've needed a dustpan and broom to clean up what would've been left of you!"

Gathering the others around he stated calmly, "Okay, so here's the deal. You guys are definitely the ones being hunted, so we've cleared up that question. I don't think I am, and honestly I'm afraid to ask otherwise she might add me just for giggles. My partner has gotten Queen Maeve to agree to give you all a head start when the hunt begins, plus the Hounds will have some kind of handicap so you'll have an actual fighting chance now. Remember when it starts, all you have to last until sundown, doesn't mean lethal force will be necessary, I really hope not if the Hounds are the missing kids. So I guess it's time to strategize."
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2019-01-29 at 08:18 PM.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The Reverend sighed. "Damn. My work has caught up with me. I must have ticked off some goblin's son..." He shook his head. "Very well. I managed to get some info regarding our hag enemy. She's hired mercs and is well armed in guns and magic. This hunt is her big power play." He explained.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

17. - Top - End - #437
    Barbarian in the Playground

Maria waiting to hear the response to her outburst, let her guard down briefly. Cry's out in surprise as she's sent to the ground. She quickly snaps her head up only to be met with a rod in her face. As the Wizard attempts to pull Maria up, she quickly slaps his hand away and gets up under her own power. After listening to the whisper of the Wizard she grits her teeth and whispers back.

Spoiler: Wizard
    Show
    "I bow my head to one lady, and her name is Lady Justice. I'll be damned if I'll bow it here."

"Come on Airam let's go." Maria says to her dog as she turns and walks to the approaching Ray. After she hears what he has to say, she whispers back.

Spoiler: Raymond
    Show
    "Good! I WANT to be on their bad side, because they've made an enemy out of me. As for turning me into a 'dust pile' I doubt it, it's too close to the end of Yule I doubt they'd risk messing up this farse of a 'Wild Hunt'."

After hearing what Ray and the Reverend said. Maria nodded before asking, "If we win. Does that mean the hag doesn't gain power?"
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan, barely suppressing his rising anxiety, stares with a deliberately neutral expression at Raymond. "So. Iblis. You know, most people have their secrets...but most people's aren't an entire other person." He continues with some disdain, "How convenient that you apparently knew the answers all along...or had the means to get them for us, anyway. Well, no time to quibble about that now."

Morgan turns to Maria, staring daggers. "Thanks for that, by the way. I hope it was worth it."

Morgan regards the group as a whole. "Well, not much strategy to be had at this point. It's hide or fight, and if the kids are in there, don't fight to kill. Let's see if we can find out."

Morgan turns a 180 away from the group and begins striding towards the queen of the fae. As he moves, he pulls a note out of his pocket and holds it visibly before him. When he reaches a respectful distance- and one out of arm's reach- he kneels and proclaims, "Excuse me, Great Maeve, Lady of the Winter Court. Human, designated prey, you probably don't care what my name is. Before I go to my death for the pleasure of this Court, I have a humble request. Is our Initiator here? You see, she and I...had a side bet going." He proffers the note, in Delarosa's handwriting. "She dared me to find the children that she made use of to initiate, and, well..." Morgan visibly swallows and looks up at the hound. "...i-i-if they are contained within that magnificent beast with the razor-sharp teeth, I win. Morgan injects the last two words with no small amount of pride. "Might you help this ignorant human who will soon die? After all, surely such a bet can not be left unresolved."
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"It seems that way." The Reverend answered McCarthy's question.

"I got a stratagy. Stay together, knee cap the mercs, requisition their equipment, confuse the hounds' smell with what the mercs have on them. Not much to go on, but we can make up more as we go." He said.

As Morgan went to talk up Maeve, he held back a chuckle at the PI's sardonic wit.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2019-01-30 at 09:36 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

20. - Top - End - #440

RedWizardGuy

Raymond sighed at Maria's response but choose to remain silent so as not to provoke her further. He turned to Morgan, "I'm sorry if you felt I've deceived you, that was never my intention. I head no idea that Iblis knew who we were dealing with until just now."
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Maeve watched as Morgan approached and then bowed respectfully before presenting the note. Her iris's focused and observed the note from a distance a smile crept to her lips.

"Clever Human. "

She chuckles and covers her mouth as she laughes.

"tell me human. What would you claim as a prize, should you win? as no prize was expressed in your deal?"
    Festival of Heroes:

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan smiles. "What an interesting question," he replies. Quickly his mind races down several possibilities. His instincts latch onto one in particular. He crafts the wording carefully to avoid Maeve's moral grey zone. "I would claim, for each of the three children to have one, a boon of action or inaction from Delarosa." Thinking quickly, he adds, "And, if they have become part of the hound, the ability to communicate it to her."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Maeve's face screws for a moment in confusion at Morgans choice of wording, her eyes narrowing.

"I will grant that request. You may claim it as your reward if you win the challenge human. And I will enforce it, should Delarosa Attempt to deny it. "

She exhales as a wind of frost pushes from her and passes over Morgan, a layer of frost covering his face and clothing.
    Festival of Heroes:

24. - Top - End - #444
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan begins involuntarily shivering. He holds his trenchcoat close, but tries not to shake off the frost, lest he offend Maeve. "T-t-t-TO learn the outcome of my challenge, I humbly request a few moments-ts-ts of the Erlking's time. May I have leave to speak with him?"
    Show

DM of Twinborn

25. - Top - End - #445
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

She smiles and nods and extends her hand to motion you to the Erlking.

The Erlking takes half a step forward, to his left is The Great Wolf, standing well above everyone in the room, Saint Nick, and Boss Maw, all in Turn. The Erlking quizzically looks at Morgan.

"So tell me... Detective. Hunter of the lost. What questions do you have of the Huntmaster. I am bound to answer all questions specifically about the Hunt without cost. "
    Festival of Heroes:

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan turns towards the Erlking and rises, stretching slightly. "Erlking. Master of the Hunt. The answer to my question may seem obvious to you, but to my potential embarrassment, I shall ask it of you anyway. I wish to learn the process by which this year's Initiator summoned the Hound and called for the Hunt. I know the children were present, but not what their role was. Could you explain?"
    Show

DM of Twinborn

27. - Top - End - #447
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Erlking looks at Morgan with a Confused look before putting up a hand.

"You seem to be confused on multiple parts, while having a general idea."

He motions to the three at his left.

"These three are half of the Hounds. The children will become the other half. There are 6 Hounds this Hunt. "

He seems to smile deviously.

"The Initiator is currently with the other half of the soon to be Hounds, She will complete the ritual momentarily to empower the children to take the form of the Hounds that will soon hunt you. "
    Festival of Heroes:

28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default RE:

Morgan grins wolfishly, now feeling as a hunter breathing down the neck of his prey. "Well, I would LOVE to see that! I've never witnessed real magic like that before. I bet you came up with it yourself, didn't you? Would you allow me to watch?"
    Show

DM of Twinborn

29. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Erlking smiles extra wide.

"It is surely a grand spectacle. If you want to see the process... you could stay here... these three will change shortly. Or... you could use the Ladies... Head Start, to see the other half change"

He grins watching Morgan, waiting for his reaction.
    Festival of Heroes:

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan laughs uproariously at the offer, completely unrestrained, voice echoing through the hall. Finally he starts settling down and says, "Okay, okay, hold on. While I'm not opposed to this, I don't know that I have the power to give that. Is that a fae thing, that you can just commit other people to bargains without their consent? Also, let's be clear- I want to see it in person. No viewing magic or anything."
    Show

DM of Twinborn