New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: (INC) Magicka Subversions

Mook #5 shouts out.

"Take out the cop, and we wont have to worry about witnesses"

Mook #5 moves 30 feet north and Shoots at Maria.
    (1d20+3)[14]
    (1d20+3)[14]
    (1d4)[3]

Mook #6 Fires upon Maria as well.
    (1d20+3)[9]
    (1d20+3)[17]
    (1d4)[3]
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Witnesses are the least of your worr... AGH!! damnit!" Maria started before getting interrupted by a shot hitting her. "To hell with this, Ray, Jon, come on! Move it or lose it."

Maria takes aim at Mook 5 and shoots. after taking her shot, she moves 30 feet north.

Ranged attack (1d20+5)[9]
    damage (1d6+3)[7]
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"'Let's roll these socks'? Where do you get your lines from?" Raymond mocked George as he ran straight north, going after the injured Maria, hoping to draw some attention from her.
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Maybe let me hit them in the shoulder or leg at least, Lord." Blackthorn mused at he aimed at Mook 6. With a tree between them, he didn't have a great shot.

Vs. Mook 6 w/ disadvantage
    (1d20+3)[10]
    (1d20+3)[8] P Dmg: (1d8+1)[3]
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Delarosa's eyes flick from Morgan's Direction, no longer amused with his responses. She turns toward the Reverend and the Officer.

"Tell me, Agents of higher powers, whats going to stop me from taking these... or more children for what ever whims I desire, after ive killed you in this hunt?"
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

6. - Top - End - #516

RedWizardGuy

"Perhaps I will have better luck. My attack comes from above, the tree won't matter...Sacred Flame!" Raymond called forth the holy power once again!

DC 13 REF save or take (1d8)[2] damage, unaffected by cover as long as I can see him.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #517
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Mook #5 is about to shoot at raymond when a blast from the sky comes unnoticed as it hits him square in the chest and sends him to the ground, a smoking wound opening his chest.

Mook #6 moves North 30 feet and opens Fire at Maria

(1d20+3)[12]
    (1d20+3)[8]
    (1d4)[4]
    Festival of Heroes:

8. - Top - End - #518
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

George looks at the remaining mook and shrugs and begins to move north by 30 ft.

He then sends a bolt of fire toward the last mook.

"FLAME SLING SHOT!"

(1d20+5)[9]
    (1d20+5)[8]
    (1d10)[1]

He looks over to Raymond.

"I wonldnt expect someone who spends their time consulting with the damned to be familiar with familial puns.
    Festival of Heroes:

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan swears under his breath. "Ignore Delarosa, she can't hit us unless we hit her first! Keep moving, we don't wanna be here when the other hounds show up! George, if you've got a limit, stop blowing magic on these guys, will ya?"

Almost as an afterthought, Morgan shoots at the last remaining gunman, then moves 30 feet north.

(1d20+4)[15]
    (1d6+2)[4] damage
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

10. - Top - End - #520

Maria turns to take another shot at the last mook as a shot from behind her took him down. 'Nice shot!' she thought as she turned to Delarosa. "You had better hope to take ALL of us down. Leave even one of us up and it will be hell for you to do ANYTHING!" Maria started only pausing to wince at her injury. "If I survive you'll not only have the NYPD, but every law enforcement from here to Cali watching your every move and if you so much as fart wrong. we'll be there to take you down. If the Reverend stays alive you'll have the very eyes of God bearing down at you! Not to mention the wrath of the White Council! I also think you may have pissed off whatever Raymond is! and this is the funniest part of it all. If Morgan survives you'll have to watch your back at all time cause you'll never know when or where he'll pop up! So yea you had better hope that you do, in fact, take all of us down. Although even if you do that might not stop our various forces from coming after you anyways!" Maria said laughing before wincing again turning and leaving north with the rest of the group.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

11. - Top - End - #521

RedWizardGuy

"Yeah, well I would expect someone from a place that swears by their slider burgers to have them actually be good instead of giving people the runs, but disappointment is a part of life I guess," Raymond quipped back to George as they made their retreat.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Our hero's move through into the storm of ice and fury, withing a few moments Georges spell of protection against the arctic chill wears off and the cold returns to their flesh. With luck on their side, the storms starts to subside and they continue until they are able to find a pay phone, after spending a moments digging out the phone, Maria makes a call. After some very aggressive negotiating, she hangs up, and begins to lead the group uptown, deep tracks left in their wake. On the way Maria is able to meet with one of her co-workers who takes her puppy into thier care, and gives Maria a dufflebag, containing a shotgun with 15 rounds, 15 Pistol Rounds, and 15 Rifle Rounds, some MRE's, and some bottled water. After a short exchange, Maria leads them to a safe house. It is a two story apartment building with several rooms to give the group some comfort. The heat is on, keeping the apartment at 65 degrees against the storm outside. Maria locks the door downstairs before the group gathers to eat, drink, and get a short rest.
    Festival of Heroes:

13. - Top - End - #523
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

HP recovered: (1d8)[7]

Morgan prowls through the house, peering out the windows at the walls beyond. He looks to see how sturdy the frames are and how close the nearest buildings are, lest the enemy leap into the building. He looks down to see if the wall is climbable. He searches for other possible points of attack or vulnerable points before settling in to rest and speak with the others.

Insight: (1d20+6)[24]
    Perception: (1d20+4)[16]
    Investigation: (1d20+4)[6]
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

14. - Top - End - #524

RedWizardGuy

While Morgan looks out for points of weakness in their current fortification, Raymond searched through the building to find any extra supplies that may be useful in the upcoming fight...

Spoiler: investigation
    Show
    (1d20+3)[13]

After a few minutes he returned to the group, "Well everyone, if MRE's aren't your thing, I found this granola bar in a baggie in the toilet! It shared the baggie with a loaded pistol too. For that gunpowder flavor."
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2019-02-16 at 11:09 PM.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #525

After Maria hung up the payphone. She reached into her coat pocket and pulled out a pen and small notepad and began writing something down on it.

Spoiler: Note addressed to Rosario
    Show
    Rosario, I hope this note find it's way to you. I don't have a lot of time. If for some reason I don't get in contact with you tomorrow after day break there is a good chance I've been reunited with my ancestors. Should my body be found, have those who are examining my body look inside the left bra cup as there will be the details of the kidnapping case. McCarthy.

After she finishes the note she tears is out of the notepad, and puts the pen and pad back in her coat. After leading the group to the meeting with the officer. Maria looks at the officer and hands him Airam's leash and the note. "Officer please make sure that the pup and this note makes it's way to Rosario of the Occult division please." after she took the key and the duffel bag she shook hands with the officer. "Safe travels out there." she said waving to Airam. "Be good for them now Airam." the dog just woofed back.

Maria led the group to the safe house =. She unlocked the door and relocked it after the group entered. she went into the kitchen, and set the duffel bag on the table and opened it up. "Ah, well hello there my pretty." Maria said pulling out a shotgun and the ammo for it. SHe proceeded to load the weapon and put it over her should before looking back in the bag. "Ah good those will be needed as well as food and water nice!" Maria proceeded to empty the bag on the table. She popped the clip from her hand gun and grabbed a couple bullets to re load her gun before looking around to the others. "There are some handgun ammo use it if you can... rifle and shotgun rounds as well."

After that Maria got up and went into the living room. She got a piece of paper and her pen out again. She began writing on the paper...

Spoiler: Letter to Rosario
    Show
    Here is the case <case number here>, the perp is a lady named Delarosa. Sex: Female, Age: Unknown. description (gives a close of one as she can, with a notation that due to the blizzard may not 100% accurate), she was spotted at central park by myself and 4 others that was with me at the time. The children in question was with her. After a ritual of 'unknown' origins the blizzard picked up blinding me briefly. when my vision cleared the children was nowhere to be found. After fighting off six armed men hired by Delarosa, we fled the scene, as we was worried more of her hired help could have arrived at any time.

Maria double checked everything she had written down. Maria then folded the paper, lifted her shirt and inserted the paper in the foam compartment of her bra... a random thought made her giggle. "Man I haven't had to stuff my bra since high school!" she said to nobody giggling again at the end.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The Reverend rested as they took a breather and regained a spell (Mage Armor).

"Who needs extra protection out there?" He asked.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

17. - Top - End - #527

Maria looked over at the The Reverend, "How long does the protection last? I wasn't able to get both offensive power and defensive power." She asked as she double check the shotgun to make sure it was in tip-top shape.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

After Morgan and Ray quickly tour the house, the private eye speaks to everyone. "So what with these things being magic, and as large and quick as they are, I wouldn't be shocked if they can scale the building. To my mind, every window in this house is a potential entry point for them. The hounds wanna get up close with us, cause claws. The good news is this space is pretty small for them, so we could probably restrict their reach to one or two at a time. You guys seem to prefer fighting at range, so I suggest we form up on one side of the living room, make a barrier with the beds, and fight them off. I can fight either close up or at range, but my expertise is in taking advantage of enemy weaknesses. If one of you could concentrate on disabling enemies rather than killing them, I would be more effective. We lure them up, fight them off, then figure out what to do while they're regenerating. Sound like a plan?" Morgan looks at everyone, seeing who will weigh in.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

19. - Top - End - #529

RedWizardGuy

"Well unless they can fly, they'd have to approach from the ground floor before anything. We could set up on the second floor or even the roof and hit them from above," Raymond suggested.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #530

Maria looks up at Morgan "That works for me, but you're right I prefer ranged."

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"It lasts 8 hours." The Reverend replied to Maria.

He listened carefully to Morgan's plan. "It's risky to you, but sounds pretty solid. Perhaps I should cast a Mage Armor on you."
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

22. - Top - End - #532
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan addresses Ray, "I doubt we'd be very effective out in the blizzard. I wouldn't mind keeping a watch out the window, but I'd prefer everybody rest up where we have some cover." Morgan picks up 7 of the handgun bullets and reloads his gun. "Oh, and Ray. Just because they might not fly doesn't mean they can't jump or climb. Those claws aren't just for show, you know."

To Blackthorn he says, "If the spell is better than this coat, go for it. You know your magic best. But we have to make it last all night, so choose wisely."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

23. - Top - End - #533
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Our prey makes their way to set up their final defenses, the reverend says a prayer over morgan, granting him the armor of his faith. George heads downstairs and leans against the main door as he closes his eyes. In the distance. Howling can be heard, as everyone present begins to feel that tightness in their chest. Anxiety. Stress. its getting worse as the howling gets louder. Maria is able to look out the window adjacent to her to see the storm has died down a bit, but cant see much out into the darkness but the white of snow. As the Howling gets closer and closer, your chests get painfully tight until you can hear the door open downstairs.

"THIS ONE IS FOR GOOSE!"

There is the sound of flame exploding outside, that lights the ally that maria can see out for a flash of an instant before the sound of the door downstairs can be heard slamming, locks being put in place.

"THEY ARE HERE!"

IO:
    Dave: 15
    Mike: 13
    Them: 12
    George: 12
    Daniel: 8
    Robert: 6
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2019-02-20 at 07:00 PM.
    Festival of Heroes:

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The Reverend aimmed his rifle at the barricade of beds and prepared to fire.

Spoiler: Readied Action - If a hound attempts to break through
    Show

Fire rifle
    (1d20+3)[14] P Dmg: (1d8+1)[9]

"I also have a Protection from Evil spell. I probably should have mentioned it, but it lasts 10 minutes. So I need to save it."
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

25. - Top - End - #535

RedWizardGuy

"I have the same ability, reverend," Raymond revealed, "So there's a better chance of more of us being protected. I hear them but I don't see them quite yet."

Spoiler: readied action
    Show
    nearest enemy that enters into line of sight: Sacred Flame. Make DC 13 DEX save or take (1d8)[5] radiant damage
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #536
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As a loud crash came to the front door the wood began to slinter as the sound of claws scrapping at the door. The sounds of Howling begin to surround the building as glass can be heard being broken in several windows down below.

George lets out a startled scream as he runs upstairs and dives over the bed barracade, landing at the reverends feet on the floor.

"Dogs are here"
    Festival of Heroes:

27. - Top - End - #537
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan looks at George wryly. "Welcome back. Did you have fun?!?"

Briefly, Morgan eyes the side hallway and considers setting up an ambush there. He decides against it, lest he get pinned in the hallway. Instead, Morgan ducks down behind the barricade, attempting to put himself out of sight of the stairwell, and waits.

Spoiler: Stealth check
    Show
    (1d20+4)[21]

Spoiler: Ready Action
    Show
    I shoot at the first wolf to come up the stairs!
    (1d20+4)[8]
    Advantage? (1d20+4)[20]
    (1d6+2)[7] + (1d6)[2]
    Show

DM of Twinborn

28. - Top - End - #538

Maria looked at George and shook her head before taking the shotgun out and aimed it at the stairs and waits with baited breath.

Spoiler: readied action
    Show
    as soon as the first hound appears she fires.
    Last edited by Erealyn; 2019-02-21 at 04:10 AM.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The sound of Wood and Drywall being torn apart, nails squeak as they are ripped from their holdings, can be heard as a thunderous storm downstairs.

George picks himself up and holds himself up into the corner and pulls out a revolver, aiming to shoot at what every comes up the stairs first.

(1d20+3)[8]
    (1d6+3)[6]

The sound of nails sliding on wooden floors can be heard as the giant hounds race inside and up the stairs as a flurry of bullets tears across the room into the hound.
    Festival of Heroes:

30. - Top - End - #540

Maria see the hounds come up the stairs. "Suck steel, swine!" she bellows out opening fire with the rest of the group.

readied action
    attack roll (1d20+5)[13]
    damage on hound 2 (1d10+3)[10]
    damage on hound 3 (1d10+3)[9]