New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: (INC) Magicka Subversions

Spoiler: Daniel and Dave
    Show
    The man's smile creeps out at the inspectors outburst, like a hunter watching the prey flush out. He motions to one of the armed guards and he brings him a big thick cigar, but in boss maw's hand it seems so small. He lights it after biting off the end and inhales deep, letting his eyes roll back. Blowing smoke across the room.

"That was a very enticing gift you offer up. Good information. And... in exchange... you want me to... take the bitch out?

He chuckles a little.

"Im sorry Morgan Thomas, I dont do mortal hits... not for decades. too many... complications. But I enjoyed hearing the offer. No, Im sorry, I wont be killing this cop."

He breathes again as a cloud of smoke billows from his mouth.

"Three kids missing huh... with my car at the scene? Now... I know I didnt steal no kids, and I know where my cars have been. So we are at an impasse, Im sure your bitch will find that out once shes done searching my establishment."

he inhales again and lets the flavor flow out of his mouth as he pulls out a cigar.

"What can I offer you for that tidbit you offered up? What else would you like? a Cigar? a Meal? a small boon?"
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Spoiler: Daniel and DM
    Show
    The Reverend patted Thomas on the shoulder and then looked to Boss Maw. "I see... So either you are lying to us and risking a lot of trouble from the NYPD, Vatican, and even the White Council... or... someone is trying to make it look like you kidnapped the children." He cleared his throat. "You've been very open with us and I believe you have been telling the truth. So now the question is, Mister Maw, who might want to pin such a crime on you?" He paused for a moment. "What kind of boon?" He asked.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Spoiler: And finally
    Show
    Morgan goes straight-faced as the troll completely misunderstands his intentions. Morgan says with thick cynicism, "Me? I would NEVER contemplate doing harm to an officer of the mortal law. Thought never crossed my mind." Let the boss make of that what he will, Morgan thinks to himself.

Morgan nods and smiles, acknowledging the Reverend. He nods towards the Reverend and says to Boss Maw, "Man's got a good point. Somebody might be throwing shade, doing damage to your rep. Sounds like what you need...is somebody to look into that for ya." Morgan shakes his left forearm, and a business card falls into his left hand. "Here, my card. You might consider me for the job."

Then he gets an idea. "I got a good, uh, boon or whatever for ya," he says. "Why don't you and your boys lay off the baker for a while? Name's Dolorosa, makes...one AMAZING doughnut. Nice lady. It's like magic, I swear. Would call us even, whaddya say?"
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Dave and Daniel
    Show

Boss Maw watching the two interact and respond seems amusing as a thin smile stays on his lips.

"Yes. A pinning. trying to use me as a scapegoat. A set up. That seems to be the case. The mortal cops, I dont mess with due to complication, but Im not afraid of them, those.... vatican types are just as annoying. Though the White Council. That almost sounds like a threat. "

His gaze focuses intently on Morgan.

"Here's your boon. Dont trust Dolorosa. Shes not what you think she is. And neither are those donuts. They were not meant for mortal tongues. "

He leans back and puts his cigar out, setting it to the side. He motions to another guard who comes and pours an amber liquid into a cup, where Boss Maw drinks his eyes closing for a moment.

"Do you have something else to offer up? Any new information for me, anything to... intice my tastes?"
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"I, for one, have never seen gun maintenance used in any kind of youth program. Also where exactly are you kids from? What school do you attend?" Ray asked while still looking about the room.
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Spoiler: My reaction
    Show
    Upon hearing the boon, Morgan kicks the ground and goes, "Ahhh shiiiit."
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Show
    Boss Maw motions to another armed guard who comes and picks up the card from Morgan.

"So. do you have a retainer option?"

He looks to the reverend.

"Are you offering services rendered as well?"
    Festival of Heroes:

8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: Mike and DM
    Show
    Maria stood up and put the pictures back in her pocket. "I thank you for your assistance, I'm sorry for interrupting your work." She said to the group, walking back to the base of the stairs. she rested her back again the wall nearest the stairs and gave the whole room a sweeping glance. 'something about this picture does not feel right, but I can't seem to put my finger on what.' she thought to herself.

after a moment she looked up at Ray, "When you're finished let me know." she said simply.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Robert and Mike
    Show

One of the two children look up to the shop keep with a matter of fact tone.
    "They dont let us have any ammunition. We chose this project so we can be better with tool maintenance when we get into the army.I want to be an Army Ranger like my Grandpa. And he wants to be a Marine Sniper when he grows up"

The two of them nod as if physically acknowledging what they were saying to each other. The cook sets what she has been chopping aside and adds some pre mixed fluids to a container before setting it in the oven.

Festival of Heroes:

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Show
    The Reverend laughed nervously. "Not exactly. It's more of a calling that a job. I am quite particular with assignments and happily accept donations for my mission. If you have, no offensive, less morally objectionable tasks that need tending, I will help if I can. I know a little thing or two about being unfairly judged and I strive to do better." The Reverend explained.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

11. - Top - End - #161

RedWizardGuy

Something's still off, that response seemed...rehearsed, Ray thought to himself as he nodded to Maria.

Spoiler: insight check
    Show
    (1d20+2)[11]

Then again...seems they've been through this before... He turned to Maria, "Okay I think we're ready to move on."
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2018-12-06 at 08:34 PM.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Spoiler: Do I?
    Show
    Morgan blinks for a moment, confused by the way Boss Maw used the term. Finally he says, "Iiiiiii might charge a retainer fee, if I feel the job is going to require a large amount of time, or if somebody wants me to work on only their case for a while, or if I need specialized equipment. My rates are very flexible."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Show
    The Reverend aside to Thomas. "Be very careful when making deals with magical beings. They are crafty and even the good ones might take advantage of you. Get all the terms on paper, read it at least seven times, and then check for magical fine print." He whispered.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Show
    A couple of the armed guards laugh at Morgan's response. Boss Maw does not laugh, but he does smile watching Morgan carefully, judging and weighing him with his eyes. He watches as the priest whispers to him.

"Extended time.... Exclusivity to your services, use of additional tools. Sounds like a retainer to me. Would you like for me to be your Patron? and you my... retainer? because that can be arranged... I can put a big nose to work certainly. "

Festival of Heroes:

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Spoiler: Consideration
    Show
    Morgan nods slowly to Blackthorn, then stares intently at Boss Maw. Silence lingers as he assesses and considers. Finally the PI breaks his silence and says carefully, "An interesting offer, but I think not. I hope this does not give you offense. The world of...trolls and changelings and magic is, for the most part, not the one I live in. But should you ever need a- heh- 'big nose', where your men won't do, drop me a line."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

16. - Top - End - #166

Show
    Maria nodded when Ray walked over, she turned and headed up the stairs. She looked around until she saw Tommy. "Thank you for cooperating Tommy," she said sincerely. "You'd be surprised how many people would have made a scene there... Anyways please take us to the garage." She finished.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Show
    "Do you know of anyone who is..." The Reverend sighed. "In the market for human children." He grimaced. "As well as having a reason to want to frame you."
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: robert and mike
    Show
    tommy shrugged.
    " not hiding nuthin, were legitimate. "

You are led to the garage where you find a 1957 black caddilac coup deville. And a large black windowless van. Both have teeth for grills.

Spoiler: dave and daniel
    Show
    boss maw looks to Morgan.

"I'll remember that, Morgan Thomas." As says your name you realize that he been repeating it. Almost like a voice recorder with the exact same inflection that you used when you said it.

Boss maw taps his chin for a moment.

" I might have that kind of information. What are you offering?"
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2018-12-07 at 06:54 PM.
    Festival of Heroes:

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Show
    "Info for info. The White Council is setting up in the north side. How's that?" The Reverend said.

Arcane Knowledge
    (1d20+4)[17]
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2018-12-07 at 07:45 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

20. - Top - End - #170

Show
    Maria entered the Garage and her heart sank as soon as she saw the car. 'The more of this place I investigate the less I think he did it.' she thought. Maria pulled her cell phone out and began to compare picture. Then she took several picture of the car and van from various angles. Lastly she took out 2 small bags and a file from her pocket and kneel down beside the cars rear tires. She began to lightly scrape the tread of the tire to get some rubber off each one into a bag.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: daniel and dave
    Show
    Boss maw shakes his head.
    " you'll have to do better than that, Reverend."

He smiles looking between the two.
    "How about... A minor favor. From either of you. Nothing major. A favor of action or inaction? "

Spoiler: mike and Robert
    Show
    Tommy begins to shout as maria takes scrappings from the tire.

"Hey!! You gonna buy replacements after slicing the bosses tires?!"
    Festival of Heroes:

22. - Top - End - #172

Show
    "Calm your tits Tommy, it a nail file." she said putting the bags in her pocket and then proceeding to file one of her own nails to prove the point.

23. - Top - End - #173

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: Robert and DM
    Show
    Raymond looks around at the vehicles as well, he bends down to whisper in Maria's ear, "The Cadillac, it's the one I sent you in that text earlier. Think we can get a look on the inside of that van, or would that be overreaching for that warrant?"
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Spoiler: So I said
    Show
    Morgan looked to the Reverend. "Well now," he said, "I wouldn't want to put the Reverend in an awkward spot. I'll do you that favor, I got no qualms." He looks around the room. "By action or inaction, huh? I get how that could make sense."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

25. - Top - End - #175

Show
    Maria looked over at Ray and smiled... almost evilly so... "Nope it don't overstretch the rules of the warrant. If there's any reason to make these people nervous I'm willing to bet it's in either the van or this car. Go ahead and search the van I'm going to have them pop the trunk on the car." Maria whispered slyly to Ray. She then stood up and looked over to Tommy, "Tommy would you either pop the trunk of this car or get me the keys to pop it myself." Maria said with authority in her tone, as she did she took her flashlight off her belt and used it to look inside the car.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Show
    Boss Maw smiles a big grin, and snaps his fingers. He shrugs to Morgan.
    Spoiler: Daniel
    Show
    You can hear a cage door slam in your mind.You owe Boss Maw one minor favor.

"Deal accepted."

He reaches up and adjusts his tie, closing his eyes a moment.

"So... those who would want children. Any fae really. But here in New York? thats not a super short list. Trolls, Nightmares in the night, Hags, to be broad rather than specific could all want children. Though... I would take a look at Delarosa again. "

Spoiler: Robert and Mike
    Show
    Tommy scowls at Maria before popping the trunk and unlocking the door. The trunk is sparse, having only a spare tire and a few automotive tools and fluids. Inside the car it is immaculate, clean, and smells pleasant of vanilla.
    Festival of Heroes:

27. - Top - End - #177

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: Robert and DM
    Show
    "Open this van for me too while you're at it," Raymond added.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Show
    The Reverend's eyes widened. "Oh boy... you said something about those donuts. They weren't for mortal tongues you said." He sighed and looked a little nervous. "Do we need a deal for you to tell us what was in those donuts?"
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Daniel and Dave.
    Show
    Boss Maw smiles to the reverend.

"That depends... do you have anymore?"
    Festival of Heroes:

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Spoiler: I want a....
    Show
    Morgan turns to the Reverend and raises an eyebrow, saying, "Yeah, I think so. We each had one, so we should have eight left. They're in the car."
    Show

DM of Twinborn