New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: (INC) Magicka Subversions

Morgan nods. "That squares with what we learned. My current working theory is that a rival fae kidnapped the children and attempted to shift the blame onto Boss Maw. The baker I bought the doughnuts from was a witness I interviewed in trying to find the children. Her name is Delarosa. She's the one who claimed that Boss Maw's car was the one who drove away from the scene, and that Maw's men were extorting her. Obviously I can't trust everything she said now. We found out that Delarosa's daughter is in a relationship with Maw, and Delarosa disapproves. We can trust this because apparently Maw was under some sort of magical contract when he allowed us into his home. He also claimed, as we were leaving, that another fae might want to use the children during Yule to increase their standing in the...'Winter Court'. I've heard of that in relation to fae, but have no details." The private investigator turns his attention towards the two magic users, Reverend Blackthorn and Raymond. "Can you verify these details? Do they make sense to you, as magic stuff goes?"
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Well I didn't have the opportunity to meet Delarosa like the rest of you so I can't form a definite opinion of her. But from the facts we gathered, you have a decent working theory. Hospitality is a VERY big deal to the Fae so when it looked like our visit was nearing its end, I got extremely nervous because that meant we were no longer under the protection of that part of the Fae honor code. Things could have gone south quickly. The fact that it didn't is also points in Maw's favor in my opinion. The Winter Court is usually considered the more dangerous of the two and this is the right time of year for them to be more active." Ray replied.
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

"What would the connection be between kidnapping children and the Winter Court?" Morgan asks pointedly. "I mean, when I thought Maw was responsible, that made sense because he has a reputation for having an appetite. But if it's not him, then what are the kids for? And why would you need to go to Central Park to increase your standing there? Some kinda magic thing?"
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Well..." The Reverend started. "Fae can use childrenn for all kinds of rituals. They can end up okay afterwards... or not. Some fae will use children for... trade." He cleared his throat. "As for Central Park, it's the center of natural energy in the New York City and as Officer McCarthy could confirm, there are lots of hiding places. If anyone wanted to do a powerful ritual. That would be the place to do it."
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

5. - Top - End - #215

RedWizardGuy

"problem is, central park is HUGE. I think we'd need a more specific location where this is going to go down," Ray pointed out, " if we could figure it out, staking out the area shouldn't be a problem."
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan looks around, vaguely confused. "Well, we've got a couple days until Yule, so that gives us time. We can research the Boss's reputation, try to find out who might want to throw shade at him, and search for areas in Central Park that could hide three children for a few days. Maybe we could alert the cops that there might be missing children in Central Park, have them on the lookout? The only thing I know for sure is that I probably need to have a second interview with Mrs. Delarosa."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"My Detect Magic ritual's range can't cover the whole park either, so I guess detective work will have to do. I can call on my connections, but I agree we have a new suspect. Though, one suspect literally give us the name and motive of our next suspect is much too easy." Blackthorn explained.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

8. - Top - End - #218

RedWizardGuy

"Not sure how much help this will be, but we're due for a full moon this Yule, plus a meteor shower and Mercury and Jupiter will be in close formation," Raymond pointed out, "That too could be of significance."
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2018-12-20 at 02:28 PM.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219
    Barbarian in the Playground

Maria sat there listening to conversation attempting to understand everything. "With everything you all have said, I can confirm that I don't think Maw's behind the kidnappings... The windowless Van in the garage confirms this. I mean why use an easily trackable car when White Vans with no windows makes much more sense, and are harder to track down." Maria said once her thoughts was in order. "As for Central Park, I can also confirm that place is big and full of places that can hide people. I can ask the NYPD to ramp up the number of people patrolling the park for the next three days..." Maria paused for a moment before continuing, "...Hopefully they don't ask TOO many questions, being in the Occult Division and all." she finished with a chuckle.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan hums thoughtfully. "Well if they're gonna be using the moon or celestial bodies somehow, they're gonna need a space where you can see those things, right? So we can narrow down our search by looking at areas large enough to contain whatever ritual they might wanna do which have good views of the sky."

"So from here we divide and conquer for a bit, yes? Seems like we each have avenues we can pursue. But we should all keep a close eye out. If the people behind this had the werewithal to deflect us to Boss Maw, they may have other distractions or traps ready for us," Morgan warns.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

11. - Top - End - #221

Maria just sat there pondering something, when an idea hit her. "Just a thought but something we shouldn't rule out. Maybe Delarosa is behind this whole thing..." Maria started but quickly put her hands up in a defensive manner, "...now hear me out. Her daughter is in with Maw and she don't like that. That would give her a motive to have somebody else carry out the kidnappings. Another reason I'm suspecting Delarosa is that I noticed that the orphanage was eating her food." Maria paused stroking her chin putting the final pieces of her thoughts together. "And while this seems unlikely, I can't rule out that the head nun might just be in on this as well. Does anybody know exactly what Delarosa's food does to normal humans?" Maria finished.

As an afterthought Maria looked over at Morgan and quickly added. "That's a good idea, I'll take a stroll though the park tomorrow and see what area's can be eliminated as well as possible places that people could be kept hidden away."
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan raises an eyebrow at Maria's theory. "Delarosa's advice was just a distraction. She lied and sent us off on the wrong path, checking into Boss Maw while the kids were moved. I'm gonna look into that when I re-interview her, see what shakes loose about the real culprit. The doughnuts, according to Maw, make a human unable to resist fae magic. That might have made the kids vulnerable to suggestion when the car pulled up, but we still need to track the car and find out who was inside. Delarosa couldn't have done all that herself." Morgan nods and says, "Good thought though. We definitely need to be wary of her, one way or the other."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

13. - Top - End - #223

RedWizardGuy

"Since I'm the only one who hasn't met this Delarosa, would you like to try to snoop on her for a while? She won't recognize me. Or maybe I can scope out the park for a while if you'd rather have someone familiar with her deal with her," Raymond asked.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"I haven't met her yet, so I could. Perhaps, you should take a look around the park, Raymond." The Reverend Looked around the room for a moment.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan puts his hands in his pockets and grimaces slightly. "Frankly, I was intending to reinterview Delarosa by myself. If you insist on coming along, Reverend, I suppose you can. See if you can see what kind of being she is. Otherwise I'm going alone."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

16. - Top - End - #226

RedWizardGuy

"Well in that case, I'll definitely join Maria in investigating the park. Hopefully we can get a lot of ground covered," Ray replied.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227

Maria nods at Ray, "If you wanna go survey the park tonight that's fine..." Maria started before trying to stifle a yawn, and not succeeding. "...With me. Oh pardon me, this case was put on my desk right before I was bout to go home today. Ray if you want to meet me at the park, that'd be great, I just need to turn in the cruiser and get what I've collected to the boys at the office. Then swing by the store and get a few things." Maria continued patting the pocket with the list in it. "Also I need to go by the house and pick up my baby, she get's worried when I'm not home on time." Maria finished standing up and put the chair back under the table. She take the keys out of her pocket and turns to the door. "Ray I'll meet you at the 110 St. Cathedral Parkway entrance in bout an hour and a half. Is that alright with you?" She asked.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The Reverend nodded. "I'll keep Thomas company and call on some of my sagely connections."
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

19. - Top - End - #229

RedWizardGuy

Ray frowned when Maria yawned, "Are you sure you're up for this? Sounds like you've got a full night already. Having an extra set of eyes won't do any good if they're exhausted. We can pick this up tomorrow with clearer heads," he suggested.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

With plans to go on seperate investigations underway, Maria and Ray agree to meet up at central park, leaving Thomas and the Reverend to lock up on their way out.

Spoiler: Robert
    Show
    You are able to drop off the cruiser at the station along with evidence, get home, get something to eat, and get your baby before heading out on public transport and arrive at central park.

Spoiler: Mike
    Show
    As you are riding the subway you get hungry, popping out to the surfce you make a b-line for some cheap food on the way, ((-$2 from you CS)) you get a burger and fries with a free cup of water as you arrive at central park.

Spoiler: Robert and Mike
    Show
    Maria and Ray arrive, snow is beginning to stick to the ground as the snow flitters down. It has not increased in severity, but its still coming down. It is certainly below freezing and you have both dressed for the occassion. beside Maria is a german shepard, couldnt be more than a year old, still in that awkward phase between puppy and full grown. Ray appears just finishing up a cheeseburger, and starting into his fries. The german shepards attention is focused on the shop owner as he approaches.

Spoiler: Daniel and Dave
    Show
    Thomas and The Reverend lock up the shop and head out, driving in Thomas's car they do a slow drive by of Delarosa's shop. What stands out is that the front window has been boarded up with plywood, and spray-painted with the word -closed- There is broken glass on the sidewalk beneath the plywood. The lights have been turned off.
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2018-12-28 at 12:18 PM.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

21. - Top - End - #231

Spoiler: Mike and DM
    Show
    Maria noticed the Airam's attention shifted and let out a couple barks. Maria looked where her dog was looking and saw Ray approach. "Airam, ciúin!" Maria said standing up from the bench she was sitting at. The dog stopped barking, "Good girl Airam." Maria said reaching into her jacket pocket getting out a treat and gave it to the dog. Airam was about one and a half feet at the shoulder, she was wearing a jacket with 'NYPD Service Dog' on the side. Maria and Airam walked up to Ray, "Heya Ray, you ready to give the park a once over?" Maria asked.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Spoiler: Daniel and DM
    Show
    "Well this looks bad." The Reverend said. "Maybe, we should ask around the neighborhood."
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Spoiler: And he said to the Reverend
    Show
    Morgan pulls out his handgun, checks to see that it is loaded, and preps it for firing. "You can do that if you want," he says as he inspects the weapon. "I'm checking it out. There's a couple of possibilities of what happened here, and I need to see which one this is. You can cover me, or not." The private investigator gets out of the car and moves quickly across the street to the broken window. He looks over his shoulder to see if Blackthorn is following, then inspects the broken glass. Did the glass break from within or without? Which came first- the wood planks or the broken glass?
    How long have they been there?

Investigation: (1d20+4)[9]
    Insight: (1d20+6)[15]
    Perception: (1d20+4)[16]

Spoiler: Edit: if the Reverend follows
    Show
    "Look at this," Morgan whispers. "The glass on the ground isn't from the window...it's from these broken bottles. No sign it was a molotov cocktail...looks more like someone smashed some bottles against the window on purpose. And the plywood is deliberately set to hide the window, which is still intact. Theory- Delarosa set this up so she could go into hiding. I could try calling her on the number she gave me, see if she can still be reached. Otherwise I could probably get us in to check out the inside, but I don't want to startle her. Do you have any tricks to sense if people are inside?"
    Last edited by Andrew Markham; 2018-12-28 at 06:39 PM.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

24. - Top - End - #234

RedWizardGuy

Ray let out a chuckle as he approached Maria and Airam, "Guess you noticed the cheeseburger I just finished pup?" he said as he petted the dog, "next time I'll bring an extra." Turning to Maria he nodded, "Sure let's get started."
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Spoiler: Daniel and DM
    Show
    The Reverend followed Thomas. "All this seems very suspicious to me. Hm."

Investigation
    (1d20+2)[14]

Perception
    (1d20+1)[7]

After a short scan of the scene, he nodded. "I agree. This is just for show. The glass leads into the alley. Shall we?"
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2018-12-30 at 07:39 AM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Spoiler: Let's do it
    Show
    Morgan holds up his handgun and whispers, "Watch my back." Morgan crouches and moves into the shadow of the building, attempting to hide. He moves slowly, following the trail and keeping a sharp eye out for anything lurking.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Stealth: (1d20+4)[13]
    Perception: (1d20+4)[19]
    Show

DM of Twinborn

27. - Top - End - #237

Spoiler: Mike and DM
    Show
    Maria let out a laugh, "Please don't corrupt Airam. She's being good... for once." Maria said laughing again. "I kid, I kid..." she started, leaning down, giving Airam a good pet and a scratch behind the ears. Receiving a puppy kiss in return. Maria straightened up reaching into her jacket pocket and pulling out a couple of papers. "...Here is a map of Central Park. I figure we could go though and mark off any spots that would be bad for whomever to do this ritual." She finished offering one of the paper maps and a pen to Ray. "We can also keep our eyes open for any spots that they might be able to keep the children at... You never know."
    Last edited by Erealyn; 2018-12-30 at 02:36 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Robert and Mike
    Show
    Spoiler: DM only
    Show
    (1d8)[8]

You spend about 90 minutes seperating the mouth northern area of Central park into sections and looking through the sections. With Marias wit, and Ray's guidence you are able to spot a couple places that would work for such rituals, but no sign of the children. The snow is beginning to come down harder, so you decide to stop for the night, get some rest and come back in the morning. You each head out to your respective homes to sleep the night.

Spoiler: Dave and Daniel.
    Show
    As you come round the corner you can hear the sounds of someone eating. Shoving something in their mouth, and their open mouth chewing what ever it is. As your eyes adjust you are able to make out a transient, a drifter, sprawled out and leaning against a dumpster. He has several boxes of Delores Delicatesents tossed to the side, he seems to be focused on eating another box of deserts. He stops and looks up to spot the figure coming out of the light into the dark with him.

"Oy... you hungry man? Ive got plenty to share on this cold night."
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Morgan narrows his eyes, mostly faking distrust and suspicion. "Maybe," he hisses into the night. "Where'd you get 'em? Don't want nothing that'll bring cops down on me."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Dave and Daniel
    Show
    The man smiles.

"No no! nothing like that, I did some work for that Delarosa lady, and she gave me a couple dozen of her treats."

He holds up a donut for Morgan.
    Festival of Heroes: