New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Rokugan In the Shadows - Into the Shinomen

The sun flickers across the fog-shrouded lake Maemikake in the morning. The lazy fog stirs where willow branches mingle with reeds and cattails, and a few white crane fly from the mists, fresly-caught fish gripped in their jaws as they soundlessly fly north-and-east along the border of a vast wooded land. To the west of the lake a town stirs and men carrying sleds, straps and axes trundle into the vast woodland before them. What will they harvest today? Will it be oak, maple, elm or willow along the forest's edge? Perhaps they'll go in a little further and find a bit of balsa or birch or teak. What sun penetrates the forest illuminates the random arboreal sprawl in tiny beams of light. Soft ground gives way to swamp gives way to moist-and-peaty soil in a matter of minutes.

A ratling and a shirtless human venture into these woods. The former gesticulates and twitches as it speaks as it follows its human guide closely. With little more than a machete and threadbare pants, the human couldn't possibly be a Rokugani...could it? "We're heading towards where the sun won't shine, Snich. We will find what we seek along the way." On they trundle, talking occasionally, and more importantly, they are both unnoticed by the woodsmen and they travel at a pace any normal human would find difficult to match. Though they periodically check behind them, the human tells the ratling away for its wariness: "If a denizen of the shinomen wants to find it, it will. If a denizen of the Shinomen wishes to hide from us, it will. Don't worry too much." Indeed, what the twitchy ratling almost nearly sees are shadows of...are they snakes? Or perhaps they are only the birds, darting from their nests on high forest perches to fly further north into the woods.

Deep into the Shinomen, past the ways and wandering paths made by woodsmen, lie marshes where the sun only illuminates the mists and birds skirt around.

Here, ratlings gather mushrooms and moss from the trees and ground, watched over by sorcerors that bend magic to make floating, fiery orbs that cackle and burn the mist away. And it is here that several shaman, confused at nature spirit--this one a kodama that speaks of a great fire to come--gasp as a great and burning blob oozes over the spirit. "What-what is-this?" one asks.
    "Much haste-quick-now we flee-tell others-clan!"
    "No, must talk-ask spirit-fire if it live-moves!"
    "Fire-swamp-thing kill-burn k
    The chittering voices of the four shaman arguing over what to do fills this section of the swamp. The other ratlings are almost beyond earshot, but surely the swirling mists are hiding what could be seen beyond their haze if one had magic.
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    Playing Thorn in Knee Breakers

more

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Rokugan In the Shadows - Into the Shinomen

Muk stays still, observing the ratlings. After a few minutes, seeing them keep their distance, they raise their voice.

Hello! they call out. I seem to have been waylaid-do you know where I am?

As they talk, Muk moves forward a little bit, careful to avoid any appearance of hostility. They can see the mists about, and while they're certainly not scared of a fight breaking out, some caution seems warranted.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

The four nezumi gasp and each takes a step back. They chitter to each other for almost a minute before one other steps forward. Though you can understand what they're saying, their accent is thick with parsed words and ideas, and though they struggle with letters what they say is clear enough.

"You speak-talk as rokukani-folk. You far-travel much-walk?"
    "We see-feel your fire-warm-soul. You are fire-spirit?"
    "Come! We are--" At this comment from one of the shamans the other three descend upon him.
    "Cant-wont show til we trust-know him"
    "Must show-tell spirit ways"
    "It kill-burn kodama. Is evil!"

Before they can say much more, they descend into bickering that doesn't seem to stop any time soon. One of the shamans, however, less interested in conflict, steps forward to Muk.
    "You are many-spirit? How many are you?"

It sweeps its hands forward, as if to beckon Muk to talk to you and walk forward through the mists, towards more marshy land.

more

4. - Top - End - #4

I am Muk, Muk states simply. Though I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you mean-what exactly is a many spirit?

As they talk, Muk does amble forward, revealing their full, impressive bulk. They take care to avoid touching any of the ratlings, and, after a moment of thought, issue a warning. Oh, just a word of caution-I find that my body is, erm... Unhealthy to most other living things. It's nothing too terrible, but touching me is something you should probably avoid.

While following, at a sedate pace, Muk gazes about (or at least, gazes as much as an eyeless ooze can), seeing if there's any potential danger.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Spot/Listen/Search, whatever is most appropriate:

(1d20+10)[11]

Show
    Show

Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

The mists in this area of the woodland are thick and tough to see through; It's tough to see further than 20 feet in front of you, and it's a wonder the ratling leading you even knows where its going. The nezumi tilts its head as it hears Muk speak. "Your speak-sounds are many-one voices. You are what, spirit? You know-understand what body you are?

we--
    It gestures to itself and the still-bickering shamans they've left behind Are Nezumi. Yesterday-time we live-dwell in where Shadowlands-evil live. Now we survive-hunt this swamp-forest.

more

6. - Top - End - #6

Show
    Quick question-does the mist block blindsight? Since that's what Muk sees with.

I am no spirit, little friend, Muk says, continuing to follow. Or, at least, I don't believe I am. I was born from the magma of a volcano. Although your question does raise a good point-I don't know as much about myself as I likely should, they add with a small chuckle. What can you tell me, about me? What do you know, and what do you suspect?

Really,
    Muk continues, I could use a lot of information. I'm still not even quite sure how I came to be here, when you get right down to it! Most pressing, though-where are we going?

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Gonna make a Nature (I think that'd be appropriate) check here, just to see what info I can gather.

+18 if Nature, Arcana, Religion, or The Planes is the most appropriate knowledge. +10 if another knowledge is the best. If knowledge gets me nothing, let me know.

(1d20+18)[38]

Show
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #7

Spoiler: Blindsight OOC
    Show

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUdgernuts.

I guess Muk got people to read to him, or learned braille? Does braille exist?

Who are you? Muk asks. And, your friends back there-are you their leader?

Show
    Show

Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

What can you tell me, about me? What do you know, and what do you suspect?
    ...Most pressing, though-where are we going?
    The Nezumi remains unfazed by Muk's answer, and it casts a spell on himself. As he opens his mouth to speak again, the words find Muk in a more agreeable state. "We are venturing to the ruins of Naga--the snake people--that house a few who have awakened. I believe you would be most capable of...bargaining with it to a better agreement than we currently have with it. I have cast a spell that will allow me to talk with it, and me to you, without error.

I don't know about you, nor what a volcano is...but it's not uncommon for Nature spirits to begin their life as a reincarnated creature; usually, they do not pass into this Realm of Existence until they're quite knowledgeable of their own wrld and want to travel the world of Men. Thus, you are a lost Nature spirit, whose travel between spirit-worlds has left you with significant gaps in your memory.
    With this deduction the...well, the Nezumi puffs himself up a little, obviously tickled to have been asked something useful.

Who are you? Muk asks. And, your friends back there-are you their leader?
    'Ah! I am a Shaman, and so are my peers, whom we left behind to bicker. They are younger and more stuck in their ideas about the ways of life. I imagine they'll argue until they run into a dangerous spirit and flee or learn something useful. We are going to have a productive day, you see?

He expects the next question on Muk's...agenda... and offers, "Naga are an ancient race of mostly peaceful and sentient snake-people. They are cruel to us, and Yesterday they were quite cruel to us and enslaved our great race...but that time is long past. Most of them are asleep in what they call the Akasha, a mystical and magical state of consciousness from which they draw power, knowledge and connection to all other Naga. However, in the Shinomen, some Naga have awakened and they demand great tributes from our tribe. We cannot survive with what they demand of us, but we dare not flee the Shinomen.

----- Shinomen - Swamp-forest South -----

Tun and Red-Eye have finished their light conversation and are walking amongst the swirling mists. The many times Snich might have asked where he was going is taken up by his need to closely follow the creature into the swirling and great mists, and also skirt around the swampy areas that Tun has no trouble hovering over with what seems like a mystical ability to hover above the ground.

Your lack of conversation allows you, however, the opportunity to approach three bickering Nezumi that are standing at the junction of three very large trees.
    "NO, YOU-FOOL BE TRAITOR-ONE THAT LOSE-FI--"
    <<False-wrong! We-three guard-keep village-clan safe-hidden from spirit-folk not trusty-wor-->>
    "IDIOT-GASH!! YOU--"
    {{bicker-yell-Chit calm-keep-down chatter-voice or--}}
    "WRONG-BAD-TOK!! IS YOUR FAULT-PLACE YOU ARE LOST-US WITHOUT SPELLS!"

The ratlings devolve into a furious chittering that Red-Eye knows very well as attempts to assert some simple, primal dominance over the others. It's not entirely clear who is winning these displays of teeth and random objects; They all are brown-furred ratlings with grey robes and various bone-necklaces and simple staves with carvings and etchings. Their ears, too, bear strange markings and piercings and their hands and forearms bear gnarly scars.

Tun offers, I wonder if they know anything about true blood-magic.
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2018-11-20 at 06:59 PM.

more

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Red-Eye shakes his head and quietly answers, as he slowly pulls out his bow and picks out an arrow from his quiver: "They have no spells-power, talk or catch? Have non-lethal arrows now."
    Last edited by Tjallen; 2018-11-21 at 09:37 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

Hm... Muk ponders. Now, when you say "negotiate", are we talking talk, or fight? Because I'd like to have a chance to speak to these naga before I do any murdering. They might be nice!

And, of course, if you DO wish me to help you out... Well, I'd like some recompense, of course. Nothing too major-lots of food to eat, and, of course,
    Muk says, any knowledge you possess. If I am a spirit, I suppose I might be a spirit of knowledge, alight with the flames of curiosity, because it burns deep within my soul.

Here-hop on my back,
    they add. Assuming you have thick clothes, at least-I don't want to hurt my new friend, and I am more than a little toxic. But I can move faster than this, and the sooner we get to this naga-home, the better!

Show
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Into the Shinomen Mists
    No, no, we shall not be held up! I can walk very fast, faster than you!!
    Spoiler: Casting
    Show
    Casts Longstrider; gains +10 move speed for a total of 60' move speed (40+10' Barbarian)

I am Young Fang, Totem-Shaman of the Black Spot Nezumi. I must negotiate terms with the Naga or our clan will perish! They are powerful, and have an ancient magic that can put us Nezumi to sleep! But perhaps you will not be swayed by them, and this will be greatly helpful to us. If it comes to the worst, we may need to risk a fight.

You continue onwards for a solid twenty minutes; none of the trees have special markings, but it seems that the Nezumi knows his way.

The three ratling shaman continue their petty squabble, and they seem to be all wrestling and grappling each other, calling to the Ancestor Spirits for aid to each's triumph.

Tun lifts a finger to his mouth, looking at Red Eye, and then proceeds to concentrate. Soon, he says, "They are fighting because each wants control of the village as principal Shaman. They each believe the others to be failures for having lost their current Shaman to some magical Fire that lured him away. They all separately hope that he will be dead soon.

...these are petty Nezumi, more than I'm used to seeing.
    "
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2018-11-24 at 07:49 PM.

more

12. - Top - End - #12

Understood. Onwards! Muk says, traveling forward behind the Nezumi.

Show
    So, I've not much more to say till we reach the nagas/something happens.

Show
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Skaven-like, pawn-slaves? Trade life for loyalty, yes-yes? Maybe control tribe, start new clan, idea of tribe if catch, they are prey." Red-Eye mumbles to the once-devil. He deliberately aims an arrow at the cluster, looking to Tun for agreement and permission.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

----- Ruined Naga Temple -----

You find your ways to a ruined temple, with ascending steps guarded by a singular stone guardian. Young Fang guides you away from there, instead directing you to the arch to the right. Before you enter further, the Nezumi casts a simple Protection spell, but words it differently: Protection from Void. He then leads you down the sloping curve to this chamber, downwards into a poorly-lit area. The air becomes stale but warm, and the plants that surround the walls give off the dull ache of a vast magical network, though there is no light. You soon enter a great chamber, where a vast number of half-snake, half-human humanoids slumber in silence. All save one.

The creature hisses and rears itself at Young Fang, saying You were not to bring others here!!! The monstrous humanoid has a serpent torso at least a foot and a half wide, and seven feet long, and a lean but muscular build, with simple clothing and many bead-like attachments. It a staff made of ash, and dangling from any strings are many claws, teeth and digits of many creatures, especially--and most recently--those that look very much like Young Fang's You promised you would not show--
    This creature does not recognize the Way here. It is a creature of the Elements, a spirit of Earth and Fire. Isn't that right....Muk? The naga spits back, You expect me to believe a creature named after filth and human excess is to be trusted? You are--
    What? A traitor? Because it's me that's kept you alive, Ssithik! It's me that's ensured you and the other awakened have food! It's me who leads--
    The naga, with a murderous twisting in its eyes, can't help but interrupt.Don't fool yourself into thinking our arrangement is anything short of convenience! I--
    --Have brought this one here to offer you a pupil. To show you I can bring others you can enlist to help you. You must trust me. The Nezumi's exchange de-escalates in tone, and his last sentence is softly spoken. The naga, too, seems to calm itself and sways, peering into the ratling's eyes.

You have learned to protect yourself, the snake-person observes, and its face registers a look of surprise.
    Yes. The Akasha you use is related to the Void. The Spirits have blessed me with their protections.

So, the snake-humanoid hisses, looking at Muk. What could one with such a repugnant name possibly want from the great Naga race?

Tun nods. "I can threaten the town. Stay back, and let me work my magic. Stay out of the way until the time is right; otherwise, my powers won't be as good as I'll need them to be. With that, Tun Alters his form to look very similar to what the creature Kyorlin looked like--an Elf, called by the name of Spirit Folk in Rokugan--and strides into the clearing of the ratlings.

A voice pierces your mind, Tun's voice, and Red-Eye soon hears three separate conversations happen at once. Tun plies into each of the Nezumi's thoughts, telling them that he is a spirit sent to warn them of the other two Nezumi, telling them to think back to him instead of talk. He very slowly works them to believe he has come to them to warn them of terrible critters, summoned by the other two Shaman, who are really evil-traitors, and are trying to make the town weak by feeding them bit-by-bit to the nearby Naga. The ratlings each talk to each other, soon casting each other with veiled looks, but they have calmed down and they soon talk with each other--in broken conversation of course--and each of them soon asks Tun if he can hear the others' thoughts.Tun acknowledges that he has been observing all of their thoughts for a time, and carefully feeds each of them more and more disturbing thoughts--lies about the other two--as the Nezumi talk out loud with each other. They soon tell each other the spirit's warning, and, still wary of each other, decide it's best to warn their village about the coming attack.

The return journey is swift, and soon Tun reaches the town. He has soon sorted out the Warrior-Chief, the village Clan Mistress, and the Chief Mage of the village, each of whom hold a position of a 5-member council. After some discussion, the three Shaman convey the information to the village chiefs and after a quick discussion, they decide to convene in privacy along with the spirit-Tun. Soon the Remmanon is carrying out six different mental conversations, all available to Red-Eye, and the lies start again. Then comes Tun's Suggestions.

Red-eye is easily capable of recognizing it as a spell, and very soon after that, the council devolves into terrible argument and heated discussion, with the three Shaman under threat--and suspicion--of being aligned with dark forces, and conveniently, each of the other clan-chiefs have been steered (in mental conversation) to side with one of the Shaman. Tun excuses himself from the hut, and gives a smirk of intense satisfaction to Snich. He then pulls out objects, 2 charms that Red-Eye remembers were created in the cave-ritual with Alkiiri, and, while casting an unmistakable (but silent) summoning spell, breaks the charms in quick succession. A HUGE monstrous centipede materializes in the town, and as the charms break, the summon replicates. Tun whispers quick commands to the insects in a foul, reality-warping language that seems to suck the color out of the world around his breath, and the insects chitter and roll into the town. Tun screams into each of the mental chats he's having that the others' plans have worked, and that the creatures are attacking. All of them exit the hut as the town descends into chaos.

Tun shunts away the six other mental conversations from Red-Eye and thinks to him, You must enter the town and help them defend it. I will prevent the insects from killing you. Go!!
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2018-11-25 at 08:12 PM.

more

15. - Top - End - #15

Muk looks (as much as they can) calmly at the naga. You aren't very nice. My friend here, he was nice! Polite, respectful, and just generally pleasant to be around. You? You're not. You mock him, you mock me, and you act the fool.

"Oh Mr. High and Mighty, please don't hurt me!"
    Muk says in a screechy imitation of the naga's voice. That's what you want, isn't it? You want to think you have all the power. You want to believe you're the big man, in charge of all you survey! Well you don't own me. You don't scare me. So, with that in mind, I'll be the bigger person here, and give you a second chance.

It's nice to meet you, Ssithik,
    Muk adds, in a much more amicable tone of voice. I'm here on behalf of my friend Young Fang.

Show
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

----- Ruined Naga Temple ----

Ssithik gets a murderous look as Muk stands up to it. YOung Fang looks as if to offer advice, and holds up its hand to Muk, but lets it speak.

When it is finished, Ssithik spits, You are confused. A spirit, a magical volcano fire, is not a person. You are filth. Begone, spirit, before I douse you with a storm of water as deep as the Eastern Sea. The snake-person shoos you away, towards the entrance, and the Nezumi tries to pull you away to talk privately.
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2018-11-27 at 10:48 PM.

more

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Having waited invisibly within view of the village, Red-Eye sighs from his perch and raises his bow, making sure he will be fully visible from the village when he shimmers into view. Casting a spell and poisoning a handful of arrows for the coming battle, Red-Eye thinks at the insidious trickster: Two centipedes, one for each shaman to blame, will leave the strongest alive, are you taking blame?
    Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Casting Hunters Mercy, preferably in the surprise round if such exists.
    Poisoning arrows with ROACH PASTE: Dc 14 fort Nausea 1 round / filth fever

18. - Top - End - #18

Muk refuses to go. One. Last. Chance. Correct yourself-or I get angry.

Show
    Knowledge Devotion check:

(1d20+18)[37], assuming it's Nature, Arcana, the Planes, or Religion. Subtract 8 from the result if it's any other Knowledge type. (I CAN make those untrained, thanks to Draconic Knowledge Invocation.)

In addition, readying an action to use my Entangling Thunder Breath, if Ssithik doesn't act nice.

It'd be a DC 22 Fort save, taking (3d3+1)[6] damage on a failed save, half on a success. If any damage is taken, Ssithik will be Entangled for (1d4)[2] rounds, taking a subsequent 1d6 thunder damage each round it lasts.

Edit: With Knowledge Devotion, the damage total is 11 (8 if it's not one of my main knowledge skills).
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2018-11-25 at 09:05 PM.

Show
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Ruined Naga Temple

Ssithik pauses. "Your name is the name humans give to their waste-products. Facts do not need correction. Strike me down if you must, creature, but your futile resistance to the order of this land will only bring you harm and suffering.

At this, the Naga coils itself in a manner that it can move more in the 20-foot-wide hallway; its scaly exterior becomes firmer and drier, and and orb of cackling light materialize above its head and floats upwards, towards the ceiling.

Black Spot Nezumi Village
    The centipedes, materialized about the town, immediately begin to cause havoc. They pierce common villagers with their massive pincers, and those that levy spears against them find they can't pierce the centipede's magical chitin. The shamans and elders, though they were bickering, set aside their conflict to fight the centipedes. Tun has slipped away from the village, and appears besides Red-Eye. "I will enter the town as their handler. Do not try to harm me, but don't worry about harming the creatures. After all, you need to be the hero here, right? With this, Tun again alters his form.

Tun's turned into an aged, weathered human. His eyes lose their normal silver color, and his hair has turns to a messy matted grey, and he grows a scraggly grey beard. His body's gaunt but muscular form remains hidden by baggy brown robes, and finally, after reaching into his robes, pulls out a red-and-black leather whip that soon takes on a shining orange color like it were heated metal. The air near it shimmers, and Tun strides into town with unnatural speed. A female ratling, fleeing with a child, stops with a jolt as Tun swings the whip around her throat, and the air fills with the scent of burning blood. He gives a swift yank and her head flies off; He lashes the whip above the young rat's head, making the little creature scream in terror and flee as fast as its small legs can carry it.

Tun begins a deep, throaty laugh of a creature that's enjoying itself to the extreme and soon, his voice yells into the town, FLEE WHILE YOU CAN!! YOU AND YOUR FILTH ARE A SACRILEGE TO THE DOMAIN OF HUMANKIND!! A few Nezumi sneak behind him, around a house, and think to plunge their spears into his body, but Tun neither registers pain nor blood to the blow. He lashes back at one ratling, pulling a leg off his body, and the other two flee into a marauding centipede. Their screams highlight the helpless nature in the town. One group, however, headed by the Shamans, seems to be distracting a Centipede while the clever shaman beat the creature's carapace with magical quarterstaff, and the insect screeches in distress and treads over several people's feet in an attempt to escape.

more

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Having his suspicions confirmed Red-Eye mumbles another spell to aid his aim and almost faster than the eye can follow launches an arrow at one of the centipedes, imbued with crackling fire it trails an arc of embers as it homes in on one of the centipedes. Shimmering into sight the ratling stands tall with a triumphant snarl on his face.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Casting True Strike for +20 to hit.
    Using Meta-arrow to launch an imbued (Combust) quickened (-8) maximized (-6) arrow for -14 to hit.
    Hunter's Mercy automatically threatens a critical hit.

To hit (1d20+19)[35] (With +2 from being invisible)
    To confirm (1d20+19)[36]

Damage (crit) 15+4+50 (45+12+150) = 69 (207) Dc 16 reflex to avoid entangle and DC 14 - nausea 1 round / filth fever

If any of them miss, activating lucky to reroll - Reroll! (1d20+19)[32]
    Last edited by Tjallen; 2018-11-28 at 09:49 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Black spot Nezumi village

A centipede takes a burning hole through its head the size of a fist; it drops immediately, crushing several townsfolk beneath its bulk, and then, instead of fading away, it lies there, dead. The arrow shoots just above a second centipede; Tun snarls, relishing its acts of maiming villagers.

The shaman and the others pause to look who shot the arrow, but have little time to wonder, as the centipede they work to contain tries to escape their clutches, and skitters through and elderly Nezumi, trampling her to death.

more

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Upon seeing the still living centipede continue it's rampage, Red-Eye focuses and his eyes light up momentarily before his bow string snaps and another arrow, trailing fire in its wake, is sent towards the chaos.
    As he enjoys the chance to unleash his power, he thinks at the devil currently wreaking havoc: Give me more-much warning next time, yes-yes?

Show
    Casting truestrike, quickened, maximized meta arrow with combust.
    (1d20+17)[32] for 69 damage and dc 16 reflex to avoid being entangled, dc 15 reflex to avoid being entangled and dc fort to avoid nausea for 1 round.
    If it misses (1d20+17)[33]

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

The Tun he sees rages and foams at the mouth, and directs a centipede to take down the archer. He watches incredulously as Red Eye's second shot leaves a gaping hole in the insect's now-split body. The smell of burning ichor fills the air, mingling with the scents of flesh and hair burning. The last centipede, far from Red Eye, tumbles from its magical aggressors and into a hut, cracking the structure in a loud crunch.

Screams still permeate the air as Nezumi put out the bodies of others on fire or tend to de-limbed ones, ratlings try to flee the crushed hut, and yet others rush, with pointed spears, to try and contain the last creature.

If you can use dispelling arrows, hit me with one, Tun directs. He, for his part, rushes towards the crowd attacking the last centipede and begins to strike away arms from their bodies with his terrifying whip.

more

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Deciding that the last centipede is the only acceptable target left Red-Eye launches another guided arrow trailing fire.
    No dispelling arrows, only non-lethal. May knock you out however.

Spoiler: Actions!
    Show
    True strike into combustion arrow.
    (1d20+17)[33] for 69
    Reroll if missing (1d20+17)[21]

25. - Top - End - #25

Muk will use his readied action to attack the naga.

Show
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Ruined Naga Temple

The Naga takes the attack, hissing in displeasure, and with its eyes, it concentrates...on both Muk & Young Fang. There is a slight tingle, but nothing noticeable has changed about yourselves. He then tries to move his hands to his head, and nearly manages with effort...and the floating orb winks out of sight.
    Spoiler: actions
    Show

Directs Psicrystal to Manifest, on each of you,
    Spoiler: arcana DC 11
    Show
    Wave Blessing (Stormwrack)
    (2× immediate action, so Swift & Move used)

Expends Psicrystal's Psionic Focus for +15 Concentration (auto-pass DC 15 Concentration check) - Free action
    Spoiler: DC 14 Arcana Check
    Show
    Manifests Control Water

The glowing ceiling with all the moss pulses with potential and from each and every intersection of stone, from where the moss grows, water rushes into the chamber. You both find yourselves magically buoyed to the top of the water, slammed against the curved ceiling, and in less than a second, the water, with Young Fang carried on top of it, spills into the entrance-chamber. The water spills out, carrying him with it, and slowly gushes forth, lazily carrying him away from the ruins.
    Spoiler: damage
    Show

(4d6)[13] from hitting a ceiling 30' above you at 70'/second
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2018-11-29 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Player actions accounted for

more

27. - Top - End - #27

Muk clings to the ceiling, and takes a moment to imbue themselves with the needed abilities.

Show
    Climb speed to cling, and then as my standard, Aquatic Adaptation.

Once imbued, Muk starts to swim in, looking for the naga. Hell to pay, friend. Hell to pay.

Show
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Ruined Naga Temple

As Muk imbues itself with its power, and swims towards where the conflict had been, it feels the residual shock from its breath-effect from the water nearby. It can see its quarry, swimming (if a little clumsily at the moment) just on the edge of its vision. The entire area, however, has filled with water. What would have been a cavernous underground hall is underwater. There is movement beyond Muk's vision, and although it can vaguely sense its presence, has no idea what exactly they are from his place of observation. His quarry, determined to escape, continues to swim, thrashing its body in a powerful bid to rid its body of being electrified.

Nearby, the floor (now above his point of vision) gains scorch marks and many pieces of dust, detritus, and mold fizzle cook in the persistent lightning that pulses where muk had breathed.

Show
    Ssithik: Double move @ 50% swim speed: 30' and 30'

(1d6)[1] Lightning damage from nearby (clinging) breath to vulnerable objects and creatures within 20'

Edit: Muk takes 9 cold damage from submerging itself underwater.

Good, thinks Tun. That will do.

The man disguised as Tun watches as a third arrow streaks towards the last centipede; this time, the creature not only drops, but also its underbelly bursts into flames, and ichor lazily spills from its quickly-cooking remains. Flames spread from the centipede to the huts upon which it was perched, and a few unlucky Nezumi also bear the unfortunate fate of being bathed in cooking centipede blood. The townsfolk that don't need to fight the centipede rush forward to attack Tun, but cut off as, in two wild cracks of its whip, it breaks apart a spear, setting it on fire, and in the other, decapitates another would-be defender.

TUN turns about, warding away any that would get any further than 20' near him. At this point, several Nezumi archers have leveled yumi, or shortbows, against him, but their arrows mostly break against his skin. His face is a deep red; his mouth contorts to a wide-open shape and as he yells, spit and froth fly from it in large gouts. FILTHY NEZUMI COWARDS!! YOU DARE NOT FACE ME LIKE A MAN, HIS WEAPON BARED FOR BATTLE LIKE MINE, AND THE KAMI FAVOR MY VALOR! NO ORDINARY ARROWS HURT ME BUT....BUt YOU!! Upon seeing him, Tun vaults towards Red Eye like he was the most delicious prey he'd seen all afternoon. I'LL FLAY YOU ALIVE!!! The man's path carries him towards the ratling at an unnatural speed, a primal bellow carrying him forth as he knows he can.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Per Alternate Form, uses Physical Scores & may use "extraordinary attacks" (which can be feats) of the creature in question (In this case, he looks like a Barbarian; must be a human creature Tun knows).

Leap Attack+Shock Trooper feats, taking a -5 to [AC] for +10 (5x2) damage;
    Charges Red Eye, and attacks at 15' range (per Hellfire Whip's range): (1d20+11)[21] for (2d12+16)[34] hellfire damage.
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2018-11-30 at 10:32 AM.

more

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Narrowly dodging the attack, Red-Eye fires several arrows at the 'human' as he vents his frustrations, while avoiding making the openings normally associated with firing while engaged in melee: "You-humans took-kill clan, stole-ruin name, will pay-pay!"

Spoiler: Actions!
    Show

Arrow 1 (+1 Non-lethal seeking) (1d20+9)[21] for (1d8+7)[15] + (1d6)[4] + dc 14 save or be nauseated for 1 round
    Arrow 2, quickened ray of frost (1d20+1)[15] for (1d8+7)[14] + (1d6)[6] + (1d3)[3], spell resistance (1d20+5)[17] if the first arrow hit an additional +2 to penetrate
    Arrow 3, ray of enfeeblement (1d20+9)[18] for (1d8+7)[14] + (1d6)[3] + (1d6+3)[4], spell resistance (1d20+5)[15] if the first arrow hit an additional +2 to penetrate

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Tun is ready for the arrows. He takes the first as a glancing blow to the head. He rotates his body with the arrow and lets the whip drop to the ground as his hands open in what looks like surprise. As the ray of frost slams into his chest, and then the third arrow, he drops as dramatically as possible. What should be puke--from the nausea induced by the first arrow--is carefully-altered to be blood, which he spews forth onto the ground. He moans in pain, and spitting out more blood, he says calmly, ye-ess, I sha-- and he cuts himself off.

Show
    A dramatic series of bluffs!
    Move: spin and drop.

Bluff for looking hurt instead of stunned: (1d20+30)[44]
    Disguise (1d20+40)[44] with Alter Form, only altering vomit to blood - equivalent to a Standard action.
    Bluff his death: (1d20+30)[40]

No one but the most capable of mages would doubt Tun's performance; it is done with the practiced expertise of a master in deception. His blood-spattering is sloppy, inconvenient, and yet still seems entirely real. The Nezumi can only look in terror and wonder at the ratling before them. Even the burning building--around which the fire is spreading vigorously-- lies forgotten. Red-Eye can feel the gaze of a terrified village watching him for his next actions.
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2018-11-30 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Writing for check results

more