New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] Dawnbringers

"Remember, let's try to accomplish this with a minimum of bloodshed. If nothing else, we want to avoid making more enemies in here than we need to. I can attempt negotiations with the tribes but I may need an interpreter."

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Saetiri nods in agreement, a bit of trepidation as she rides side saddle on her broom. "I doubt I speak a language the people here do, but maybe between the two of us we can make our intentions understood. I can't imagine they're particularly in favor of the undead that plague this place."

She crosses over into the charred forest, keeping an eye out for the people in question, or anything worse.
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Magnus leads the way as they walk, weapon at the ready as they enter the forest. He is highly alert, since there is little that he hates more than undead, and little that he is less capable of fighting. He will rely on his companions to fight them, though he can block the path for any enemies, keeping them away from his friends while they work.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

The group ventures forwards, not being particularly quiet as they go. It is Greytalon that first seems to notice something in the distance - the wind is blowing towards the group, and over his empathic link with his mount, Valien is able to get the sense that the magical creature is picking up the smell of smoke. Faint - like a campfire. Sure enough, this is confirmed by what Magnus can see. Taking point, he's able to identify that glowing speck in the distance as a fire, probably about two hundred feet off. There aren't any signs of creatures in the trees or shrubs nearby, but if this is a goblin or hobgoblin camp, they are likely to have guards. If it is a kobold camp... more likely to have an ambush already planned and waiting, if you've been seen or heard.
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

-Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Magnus comes to a sudden halt, then eases his way into cover. He knows that he is not stealthy enough to approach the camp undetected, so he will rely on the others to scout ahead. "Acacia, you are our most stealthy. Can you scout ahead, and find out what we are dealing with? I will surely draw attention if I go forward. If you are spotted, run back here and if they follow you we can ambush them."

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

"If you are spotted, it will appear as hostile intent," Valien warned. "If we do intend on negotiating our way through, perhaps we should approach openly."

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Acacia

The brenin nods. "I'll have a quick and quiet look. If you see me come running back here, you'll know what to expect." And with that, she heads out to do some scouting.
    Characters in play:

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Acacia tiptoes forwards, using her natural skill of blending in with the trees to cautiously approach the camp. It doesn't take her too long to spot movement ahead, as those gathered around the fire don't seem to be making any particular effort to hide. Clearly, the approach of the Dawn Brigade has gone mostly unnoticed.

Acacia is able to see that those gathered around the fire are small goblins - small even by goblin standards. They appear to be youths or children, equipped with makeshift spears and conversing in their own tongue as they add twigs to the fire. They appear to be sitting in a fairly well-established village, but the huts and tents on the fringe of the village have been mostly or at least partially destroyed, and a ramshackle wall has been thrown up around the edges of the fire, where the little goblins are gathered. There do not appear to be any adults in sight.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Acacia

Hm... odd. Acacia thinks to herself. This can't be the real army. I'll go report to the others, see what they can make of this. With that thought Acacia sneaks back to the rest of the group to report on what she's seen.
    Characters in play:

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

"What have you found out?" Valien asked when Acacia returned. "Can the locals be treated with?"

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Acacia

"It's odd. I see only children there. Little goblins. There's a makeshift defense against something, though I'm not sure what. And there's no adults in sight. Any ideas what that could mean?"
    Characters in play:

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Saetiri scratches her chin, thinking. "Maybe they were attacked, and the children survived? The defense could be left over from the attack. Did they seem happy, or concerned?"
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

"It seems the most likely explanation. If we're sure about this, we could bypass them entirely—though I fear the adults may now be thralls to the Archenemy."

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Acacia

The brenin shrugs. "It's possible. I guess we'll see once we get there. I'd prefer we try to bypass them. I doubt they'll have skilled sentries posted. Unless they're skilled enough to evade my notice. That'd be one hell of a trap for a bunch of goblins to pull off."
    Characters in play:

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Going around the goblin village seems like it will be quite easy, considering there are only children about and they are holed up in the center of their village. Acacia's keen eyes did not spot any sentries, and her senses are usually to be quite trustworthy.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'll need stealth checks from everyone, unless you decide to cut a wide berth around the village.
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2019-07-03 at 11:25 AM.